Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
All about Beaver
16 Aug 13 22:48
| Topic/replies: 11 | Blogger: All about Beaver's blog
Can anyone help with this issue?

I withdrew £1200 to my bank account on Sunday 11 Aug and still not received the monies which makes me think something is not quite right. Its now nearly day 6 of waiting.

Spoke to my bank and they cant see any monies and betfair say that the monies left as a completed transaction.

Where do i stand? Bank says check with Betfair and Betfair say check with my bank. Betfair say they will give me a note i can produce to bank but the bank says thats no good, is there anyway of tracing this lost money or am i stuffed???

Help appreciated!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Lost withdrawal of £1200.00
Show More
Report mikenz August 17, 2013 5:49 AM BST
hope ya cash turns up, maybe it needs a bit more time, never had the problem , mines usually one way lol
Report Still standing August 17, 2013 5:59 AM BST
Is this your first withdrawal to that bank account ?

If it is, check with BF and ask what bank numbers they used.  Check those with what you have.  A single digit out means the money went into the wrong account.
Report mikenz August 17, 2013 6:05 AM BST
it probably goes back to the card you deposited money in too, so probably its done automatically, not sure.
Report Northbouy August 17, 2013 8:33 AM BST
what is a withdrawal ? Confused
Report cruso August 17, 2013 9:17 AM BST
How many cards do you have registered?
Is is possible you have withdrawn to the wrong card or one that has expired?
Report hornshoe1 August 17, 2013 9:20 AM BST
Only a quick reassurance : there is always an audit trail for this kind of transfer typically banks reserve the right to take 5-7 days to get back to you once you've asked them to do it - probably takes much less time really and shouldn't charge a fee. Try and update any outcome here. hth
Report The Knight August 17, 2013 1:01 PM BST
It is the sending party's responsibility to initiate a check where the money was sent to.

All they (BF) need do is have their accounts people / bank put a trace on the transaction. How they can say it is your bank's responsibility is beyond me. The receiver (or non-receiver in this case) is not the starting place for this. It is BF. Standard practise.

If it has gone to the wrong bank account, whoever holds that account will be asked to return it, if they don't do voluntarily.

(I am not sure about the following but seem to recall that if you receive money into your account by accident which you know is not yours, it becomes theft if you then start spending it. But don't hold me to that!)
Report GUSCHER August 17, 2013 3:42 PM BST
It shouldn't take that long, last time I made a withdrawal was on the afternoon of 27th June and it was in my bank acc. on the 1st of July, 2 WORKING DAYS very impressive for a bank transfer maybe different if it's going into a credit card or other money holder facility.
Report TheInvestor2 August 18, 2013 10:16 AM BST
"If it has gone to the wrong bank account, whoever holds that account will be asked to return it, if they don't do voluntarily."

I thought this was virtually impossible. Surely the banks make sure the acc number AND name match before completing a transfer
Report Do wah Diddy August 18, 2013 1:27 PM BST
ITS ALL PART OF LIFE ,DONT LET IT STRESS YOU OUT
Report dixie August 18, 2013 5:42 PM BST
"If it has gone to the wrong bank account, whoever holds that account will be asked to return it, if they don't do voluntarily."

I thought this was virtually impossible. Surely the banks make sure the acc number AND name match before completing a transfer

I had 20k paid into my current account.  The bank phoned about 2 weeks later wanting it back.  They said it should have gone into an account 'with a very similar account number.'
Report postmannick August 18, 2013 6:13 PM BST
if it has gone to a card that has expired but is the same bank account as current card whats happens then?
Report postmannick August 18, 2013 6:13 PM BST
if it has gone to a card that has expired but is the same bank account as current card whats happens then?
Report Panther65 August 20, 2013 4:01 AM BST
beaver...any update on whats happened with the cash ???
Report SqueezeFirmly August 30, 2013 11:30 AM BST
It went into Money Tree's account in error.

It's all gone now.
Report CLYDEBANK29 August 30, 2013 5:00 PM BST
Only the sender can trace the money and that should be obvious...as only they can see the instruction of where the money was sent!  Anyone who thinks money cant be sent to the wrong account should think on.  I logged on to Fleet Bank one day and noticed we had received $6 million from I think Lexington Assurance Laugh.  It's amazing how common duplicate payments can be too, although that was probably due to the industry I was working in.
Report discodave1 September 5, 2013 11:31 PM BST
You can ask Betfair which account it went to and then from the date it was 'sent' print off a bank statement to prove you have not received it.
Report pumphol. September 7, 2013 12:43 PM BST
People start a thread asking for help, never to return, poor form imo.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now