Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bassie
07 Jun 13 04:48
| Topic/replies: 3 | Blogger: bassie's blog
I keep getting redirected to sportingbet .com.au  , can anyone tell me what has happened to the Sportingbet.com site in the UK so I can access my funds please.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Sportingbet.com ??
Show More
Report sheppy123 June 7, 2013 8:53 AM BST
Phew! I got worried when I read this cos I've got open bets with them. I've just been there and it's alright.
Report racingguru June 7, 2013 5:59 PM BST
They let you bet? I thought Sp0rtingbet.com  taking bets was an old wives tale.
Report CrowsEye June 10, 2013 1:33 PM BST
Do they still charge for depositing? Laugh

Worst of the worst.
Report sheppy123 June 10, 2013 2:05 PM BST
I'm not sure, some of their promotions are pretty good.

Last year, you would've got your money back on Nadal cos he never got to the quarter finals @ Wimbledon.

I've never had any problems. I didn't last 5 minutes with Stan James though!
Report CrowsEye June 10, 2013 2:19 PM BST
Yeah their prices are sometimes really standout but the trade-off is they are rancid. I mean that in the truest sense.
Report viva el presidente! June 10, 2013 2:24 PM BST
wait - they charge for depositing? really?
Report CrowsEye June 10, 2013 2:35 PM BST
Yeah, they started charging a quid flat deposit charge, that's when I shut the account. I was always tentative with them away, always creating 'fake' arbs and letting them ride to see the outcome etc.
Report viva el presidente! June 10, 2013 2:45 PM BST
jesus wept. Laugh

imagine if you went on dragon's den and said "I want to open a shop where we stop people on their way in and charge them for bringing money through the door".

I'd love to see the reaction that bit of business genius got.
Report Gin June 10, 2013 3:26 PM BST
Believe it or not, its already happened in Australia vep!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/03/27/09/09/brisbane-store-charges-$5-fee-to-browse
Report viva el presidente! June 10, 2013 5:31 PM BST
Laugh

mind you, I can't imagine there are that many other celiac food shops in brisbane for disgruntled browsers to take their custom to. and she only charges you if you don't buy anything.

these clowns are in an overcrowded market and trying to charge people just to come through the door.
Report 1.01 Layer June 10, 2013 5:59 PM BST
My hatred for them was made complete when I said I wanted to close my account and they refused to return my funds as it was under a tenner.  They said I needed to deposit to make my balance over £10 before I could withdraw and pay a £ for the privilege of getting MY money back.

It tells you all you need to know about what they think of their customers and I would discourage anyone from opening an account with them. If you have one already, close it. They are a disgrace.
Report Gin June 10, 2013 6:17 PM BST
ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked
Report CrowsEye June 10, 2013 10:01 PM BST
Same happened to me 1.01, I think I posted a thread about it. After kicking up a right fuss and saying they can't keep my money for various reasons, they actually made up the difference and withdrew it. Guess it's not the customer services fault though.
Report 1.01 Layer June 11, 2013 9:18 AM BST
I ended up betting it to try and win a few quid and take it over the tenner threshold. Predictably it lost so they can keep the £7 and I hope their boss chokes on it. Angry

Amazes me really why a company spends hundreds of k or even millions on advertising but then plays up over a few quid and ends up generating the kind of bad publicity that no advertising will undo. The company is clearly run by very thick, penny pinching, customer hating people. Not the sort of firm I would do business with or invest in.
Report racingguru June 12, 2013 5:27 AM BST
When I worked as a risk manager (horses) for an online firm many moons back my boss (operations manager) was the ex head of risk management for Sp0rtingbet. He told me I couldn't accept a 500ew bet at SP  in a 24 odd runner handicap at Goodwood. Now i accept the customer was very shrewd hence SP only but he wouldn't let me take the bet even though we had a 4% rebate on SP bets with a hedging firm I could get rid of the bet with. The horse won and I never heard the end of it from the guy. I told him he was freekin clueless and promptly got made redundant a few months later. Funny thing (to me at least) was the firm we worked for went bust a few months later and I got paid whereas he and the other people that stayed were left with 2 months salary owing.
Report ShirleyKnot June 12, 2013 11:11 AM BST

Jun 11, 2013 -- 3:18AM, 1.01 Layer wrote:

I ended up betting it to try and win a few quid and take it over the tenner threshold. Predictably it lost so they can keep the £7 and I hope their boss chokes on it. Amazes me really why a company spends hundreds of k or even millions on advertising but then plays up over a few quid and ends up generating the kind of bad publicity that no advertising will undo. The company is clearly run by very thick, penny pinching, customer hating people. Not the sort of firm I would do business with or invest in.

If my memory serves correctly they stopped that policy 6 or so months ago.

Report TheVis June 16, 2013 7:05 PM BST
Have they stopped the policy of not giving you money back bonuses as you are clearly arbing - in their words......even if the bets you had were in markets that were not arbable?

I am with the majority on here and in no way could recommend that anybody has an account with them.
Report Kerrygold June 20, 2013 10:22 PM BST
racingguru good story i might know himGrin

what are his initials ?

agree with u there ,right dec - u had plenty of options to work with the bet.

sportingbet have been a joke for over ten years .
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now