Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
fatboy
22 Mar 10 22:39
| Topic/replies: 579 | Blogger: fatboy's blog
It seems that nowdays none of them are prepared to even give you a few bets if you win before the cut your stakes down to silly amounts. I think that the "Nanny Goat" give you a fair run.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View What bookies are the slowest to close...
Show More
Report dukeofpuke March 22, 2010 11:18 PM GMT
im alright at corals

got £100 ew on torres the other day

could not believe they took it

it went in
Report Trevh March 22, 2010 11:26 PM GMT
I'll never understand why any bookies would limit any account, the more money they can turn over the better. Not many people win from straight gambling, and the bookies can hedge all they want if necessary. Is it more a case of bookies taking enough on one selection so limiting the amount as well as cutting the price to balance the book? I mean who in their right mind would turn away business?
Report JamesBlakesHugeArse March 22, 2010 11:29 PM GMT
just choose US/asian/oz books
Report JamesBlakesHugeArse March 22, 2010 11:30 PM GMT
they turn away sharp business which is a long term loser for them - makes sense to do so.
Report crediter March 22, 2010 11:40 PM GMT
having an account.....for what.
Report Trevh March 22, 2010 11:46 PM GMT
JamesBlakesHugeArse 23 Mar 00:30

they turn away sharp business which is a long term loser for them - makes sense to do so.

Why does it make sense? No one knows the outcome of any event, if the bookies are making a book the more money they take on it the better.
Report mitchell downie March 22, 2010 11:50 PM GMT
opened accounts with virtually all of the bookies you see on oddschecker (about 15) around 2002.

most gave me a decent amount of time with them (apart from sporting bet obviously)

just have corrals, laddies and st james left.

repeated the exercise with an account in mate's name in 2005, and the same 3 are still standing.

can't get lots on, but credit to them for still accomadating me.
Report mitchell downie March 22, 2010 11:52 PM GMT
Trevh, if you consistently back at prices that beat sp reasonably comfortably, the bookies can't beat you in the long term.
Report Trevh March 22, 2010 11:59 PM GMT
Are you saying you can better prices with some bookies, who are probably working to 110% books, than you can on BF?
Report mitchell downie March 23, 2010 12:02 AM GMT
well if you're backing a horse that has been given by a tipping line, and you're fairly nippy in obtaining the price, then yes without a doubt, unless you're quick enough to nab some bigger bfair prices, and that's a big if.
Report Lori March 23, 2010 12:04 AM GMT
Pinny
Report morrissey March 23, 2010 3:52 AM GMT
bookies are regularly good enough on football to make it worth punting in shops n online etc.. especially when you take into account the commission here..
Report Rafael Nadal March 23, 2010 10:32 AM GMT
It's clearly different considered nationally or globally, but if I were a bookie and had somebody coming in I grew to realize was "sharp" info-wise not just arbing, I would be doing everything in my power to get him to always bet with me.

If you say to yourself, he wins. The only logical thing to do is to bet on his selections yourself.
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 23, 2010 10:38 AM GMT
Pinnacle Sports are the Duracel of online bookies. They operate on a first come first served and seem to do alright ..A+ on SBR.

No horse racing though
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 23, 2010 10:50 AM GMT
From my experiences The Magic Sign are the slowest to close down winning accounts of UK books who quote independent prices.

Bodog by far the quickest for me ..2 bets. Didn't personally think the 2nd bet was particularly shrewd either (did it for interest as much as anything and to rollover to ensure I got the bonus which of course was then impossible) but guess they don't have much of a clue and just follow Betfair.
Report I am the one and only223 March 23, 2010 5:35 PM GMT
Have to say badblokes seem a lot better than competitors. And bfred, unsportingbet, bet£3.65p are hardly worth bothering about.
Report lux March 23, 2010 7:54 PM GMT
Worth keeping the details of all your gubbed accounts just for the yearly ungubbing that is cheltenham ...
Report Jimbo747 March 23, 2010 9:47 PM GMT
Interwetten usually have out of line prices, just a shame their limits are really low. And they aren't really known for gubbing accounts, their £30 limits on obscure markets limit the damage.

Even pinnies are feeling the pinch, hence the lack of 10% signup bonus now which was the easiest £500 you'll ever make.

There are a few other lesser known books where despite taking the weakest lines, they've yet to gub me, but I'll keep those for myself for the moment.
Report Jimbo747 March 23, 2010 9:48 PM GMT
Sporting bet are the only ones I've been banned from. After 5 bets, I'm not even allowed to logon.

Greatodds don't give me that problem though (yet)
Report Treble_Underscore March 24, 2010 6:39 AM GMT
pinn and asian books. forget the rest.
Report kenilworth March 24, 2010 11:41 AM GMT
duke, they don't close you because you backed a winner, especially as your price on Torres should probably have been about 30% bigger than it was. First goal scorers etc are the bets they love, and sometimes the favourite scores.
Report sjeroe March 26, 2010 3:55 PM GMT
Agree with others. Lads (and VC) are the only ones that I can get decent amounts on with. Hills, SJames are a joke and have £5 allowed with them before I shut the accounts.
Report five leaves left March 26, 2010 4:36 PM GMT
It does seem to be different for different people as Ladbrokes are one of the worst in my experience.
Soon cut to tenners and scores, now fivers, if I'm lucky.

Also shut down with VC after a couple of wins.

No special dispentations for Cheltenham either. I was offered a 2p Yanlee with 365.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now