Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
15 Apr 19 16:09
| Topic/replies: 46,649 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
1.83 Man City
2.18 Liverpool

Liverpool have 3 absolute cupcake games coming up. City will probably need to win all 5 and should be well odds against to do that.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Should Liverpool be favourites ?
Show More
Report darren_discombobulates_sports April 15, 2019 4:27 PM BST
Think for the moment the odds are right.

However, if Man City are knocked out of the Champions League on Wednesday then that is an advantage for them as well as the game in hand and they'd have 2 less mid week games in the space of a week.

Brighton might actually have a say in it, if Cardiff beat Brighton away tomorrow night and the relegation fight goes down to the last day of the season, as well as the title race, then Brighton who play Man City at home on 12th May will be fighting for their lives.

Personally I can see City winning all 5 of their remaining league games regardless, they're too good, and United which may have been seen as a bigger game a few weeks ago during Solksjaer's honeymoon period, is not seen as easier since their blip, even the two homes games they won v Watford and West they were poor by Ole's admission and didn't deserve to win.
Report tobermory April 15, 2019 4:29 PM BST
I think Leicester(H) is a tougher fixture than any of Liverpool's.
Report mafeking April 15, 2019 4:39 PM BST
spurs spurs and united away is a tricky run one after the other and they've got to win all of them. however to balance that out whatever happens on weds you'd imagine spurs will be under huge pressure and can see a very weak team being picked for the league game. don't need to get anything out of city to finish top 4 and we have brighton tues and west ham sat lunchtime and they are much more important and obviously winnable games to spurs

the only liverpool game i'd question is newcastle away which will be sandwiched between the 2 barcelona games. chance eye might be taken off the ball there. liverpool at 6/5 look the bet at the moment
Report duffy April 15, 2019 4:45 PM BST
I think that City will beat Spurs and United and therefore the league will be won by Wednesday week IMO.

Crucially De Bruyne who's practically been injured all year is just starting to look like he's coming back into form, think he'll play a big part through to the end and is going to feel like a new signing for them
Report elise April 15, 2019 5:27 PM BST
think spurs will get a point at the weekend, l'pool will win away @ cardiff, to take control and prices will reverse
Report n88uk April 15, 2019 5:47 PM BST
There's only really 1 game rated significantly harder than anything Liverpool have, given City are 1.33 to beat Spurs next week, and will be sub 1.25 vs all of Burnley (a), Leicester (h), Brighton (a).

Is it me btw or is there no market for Man Utd vs Man City despite there being a market for every other game in like next 2 weeks.
Report n88uk April 15, 2019 5:51 PM BST
I make City about 9/4 to win all 5 games.

Liverpool about 11/8 to win their 4 games.
Report n88uk April 15, 2019 5:52 PM BST

Apr 15, 2019 -- 5:27PM, elise wrote:

think spurs will get a point at the weekend, l'pool will win away @ cardiff, to take control and prices will reverse

Liverpool will come be much shorter than 1.83 if this happens, they will be more like 1.5.

Report tobermory April 15, 2019 5:56 PM BST

Apr 15, 2019 -- 5:47PM, n88uk wrote:

There's only really 1 game rated significantly harder than anything Liverpool have, given City are 1.33 to beat Spurs next week, and will be sub 1.25 vs all of Burnley (a), Leicester (h), Brighton (a).Is it me btw or is there no market for Man Utd vs Man City despite there being a market for every other game in like next 2 weeks.

Bizzare there is no market for that game

Report REDUNDANT PUNTER April 15, 2019 5:57 PM BST
City only have spurs who may offer some resistance other game would be Leicester the rest not really a contest
Report n88uk April 15, 2019 5:59 PM BST
The theory what you say about Leicester at home harder than any of Liverpool's game (although I think this is highly debatable, Newcastle (a), Wolves (h) are comparable) but it's pretty clear the market rates City significantly higher than Liverpool. City will be like 1.14 probably to beat Leicester at home, whereas Liverpool will be more like 1.33 to beat Newcastle and Wolves.
Report tobermory April 15, 2019 5:59 PM BST
City should be nowhere near 1.33 v Spurs IMO,and should not be odds on at United at all, though they will be. Leicester are levels above Burnley & Brighton and have the sort of personalities that will not be 'on holiday'. They have already given Pep a lot of trouble since he's been here.
Report n88uk April 15, 2019 6:00 PM BST
They are best priced 1.6 with bookies to beat Utd away. Wouldn't surprise me if they even touched 1.5x on the night.
Report n88uk April 15, 2019 6:02 PM BST
I agree with the post on CL could be a factor, if City went out this week I'd think in practice the chance of them winning all 5 will be higher than it will otherwise where they are going to have an absolute carnage of big games for rest of the season. City haven't looked at their absolute best recently, but have still been winning games mostly, but if they go back to 1 game a week it will be a big advantage for these games.
Report mafeking April 15, 2019 6:05 PM BST
the market clearly rates city significantly better than any side in europe in recent seasons. struggling to think anyone else being much shorter than 1.6 to beat spurs at home in the last 4 seasons
Report darren_discombobulates_sports April 15, 2019 6:08 PM BST
Leciester have nothing to play for and players minds probably on the beach, Brighton and Burnley still not safe from relegation
Report tobermory April 15, 2019 6:16 PM BST
As I said, Leicester are not an 'on the beach' type of team. Theie best players are 100% every game types and their lesser players are playing for their careers under a new manager. Also Brendan Rodgers fancies himself - with some justification - as being able to give problems to legends like Pep and will be making sure there is no slacking.
Report n88uk April 15, 2019 6:18 PM BST

Apr 15, 2019 -- 6:05PM, mafeking wrote:

the market clearly rates city significantly better than any side in europe in recent seasons. struggling to think anyone else being much shorter than 1.6 to beat spurs at home in the last 4 seasons

Well there's also that City are gonna be like 1.6 away to Utd in 10 days, Liverpool and Barcelona were both over evens in past few months.

Report sofaking April 15, 2019 7:24 PM BST

Apr 15, 2019 -- 6:16PM, tobermory wrote:

As I said, Leicester are not an 'on the beach' type of team. Theie best players are 100% every game types and their lesser players are playing for their careers under a new manager. Also Brendan Rodgers fancies himself - with some justification - as being able to give problems to legends like Pep and will be making sure there is no slacking.

Did you watch them at home to Newcastle a few days ago?   They were absolutely woeful.

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com