Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Can't Catch Me
08 Feb 19 18:10
| Topic/replies: 27,925 | Blogger: Can't Catch Me's blog
https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1093876310387163136

For those who haven't seen it.... Brilliant Laugh
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Paddy Power Rhodri Giggs advert
Show More
Report flukes February 8, 2019 9:27 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Magic__Daps February 8, 2019 9:53 PM GMT
Superb, and probably get some bad press from it as well....
Report duffy February 9, 2019 2:38 AM GMT
Laugh
Report darren_discombobulates_sports February 9, 2019 8:59 AM GMT
Pause at 15 seconds, poster on the wall Grin
Report Ibrahima Sonko February 9, 2019 9:43 AM GMT
Glad he got some cash out a bstard of a brother.
Report houseofpain February 9, 2019 10:24 AM GMT

Feb 9, 2019 -- 2:59AM, darren_discombobulates_sports wrote:

Pause at 15 seconds, poster on the wall

Quality wandering c ock LaughLaugh, giggsy must be cringing.

Report TheBetterBettor February 9, 2019 4:58 PM GMT
Funny how liverpool ar$e lickers paddy power never do any advert with brenda r. and his tranny
Report tobermory February 9, 2019 5:47 PM GMT
superb
Report tobermory February 9, 2019 5:58 PM GMT
"we do need milk"
Report allyp February 9, 2019 6:22 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Top quality
Report degsy42 February 9, 2019 6:39 PM GMT
tearing you apart since 1989 Laugh
Report peter the butcher February 9, 2019 9:41 PM GMT
Excellent LaughLaugh
Report pushkin99 February 9, 2019 9:54 PM GMT
Top bloke Rhodri.

Don't think I could have handled it so well if I found out the bother I had looked up to and worshipped all my life had been sh@gging my missus for years.................
Report akabula February 10, 2019 8:18 AM GMT
Hats off to PP for yet another brilliant advert.
And well spotted Darren. Laugh
Revenge can be sweet.
Report akabula February 10, 2019 8:22 AM GMT
Barmaid asking him Bitter? "Not anymore Pam, champagne please." Laugh
Report Can't Catch Me February 10, 2019 9:05 AM GMT
Loads of subtle digs all the way through. You need to watch it a few times to pick them all up!
Report dr . atkins February 10, 2019 9:56 AM GMT
paddy power do great adverts but don't take a bet they are the saatchi and saatchi of the bookmaking game
Report Aspro February 10, 2019 10:02 AM GMT
You ain't wrong CCM... still counting! Laugh
Report leazes67 February 10, 2019 10:12 AM GMT
Seen it on TV last night and they missed out the wandering **** bit.
Report Aspro February 10, 2019 11:58 AM GMT
Just seen it on Sky, heavily cut
Report Aspro February 10, 2019 5:02 PM GMT
Fair play, aside from the back poster they've just played the whole advert
Report SlippyBlue February 10, 2019 8:26 PM GMT
If anyone can get a bet on with PP then you must be doing something hugely wrong. Their staff are under huge pressure in the shops to bin anyone with half a brain.
Report pushkin99 February 10, 2019 8:28 PM GMT
Had to watch this again. Just completely awesome. So many digs. Yes we need milk....................as goes out all dolled up
Report SlippyBlue February 10, 2019 10:05 PM GMT
I'm obviously swimming against the tide here but I thought the advert was truly pathetic. The brother sold out for a few grand and made a complete and utter see you next tuesday of himself. How embarrassing is that? If I was in that position I would never have done it for million let alone a few K. That's just me. Obviously the forum think it was cool but I don't. I can't be the only one who thinks it was crass beyond words and totally abhorrent?
Report Aspro February 10, 2019 10:08 PM GMT
(1) The hairy chest, not sure about "Balance" though. (2) Loyalty! (3) The closed Tiki bar Laugh (4) Prince of Wales (5) Wandering C0ck poster (6) "Bitter?" "Not anymore... Champagne" (7) Wales Manager position on TV (8) Shirt waving footballer (9) "Never miss a training session" (10) Newspaper headline (11) City Mug (12) Wife going out for milk (13) Boxing quip (14) Car?

Have I missed any?

Don't often disagree with you Slippy but for me that was a classic send up
Report pushkin99 February 10, 2019 10:11 PM GMT
I really don't understand slippy?

As they say, revenge is a dish best served cold. Clearly the motive of Rhodri here?

Who can blame Rhodri for wanting that? When the brother he worshipped and looked up to all his life betrayed him in such cruel fashion?
Report akabula February 10, 2019 10:15 PM GMT
His brother humiliated him. This was payback.
Sorry Slippy but I'm with Aspro on this.
Report lurka February 10, 2019 10:25 PM GMT
Lol Slippy get a grip. Knowing the ego Giggs has, this ad will drive him absolutely mental. Perfect way to get back at him for what he did, which has been a taboo subject for years and something he thinks has been forgotten about.
Report CLYDEBANK29 February 10, 2019 10:25 PM GMT
I agree with akabula.  He had an affair with his brother'e wife FFS.  That is diabolical in any circumstances, but it's even worse when one is a multi millionaire (and I assume Rhodri is your normal working man)
Report CLYDEBANK29 February 10, 2019 10:26 PM GMT
He's lucky his brother didn't kill him tbh
Report Aspro February 10, 2019 10:32 PM GMT
News is saying that Rhodri is now tipped for a walk-on part in Coronation Street after that performance
Report pushkin99 February 10, 2019 10:41 PM GMT

Feb 10, 2019 -- 4:26PM, CLYDEBANK29 wrote:

He's lucky his brother didn't kill him tbh

Hate to say so, but them's my thoughts too......................

I'd like to think I could forgive my big brother - whom I adored and loved to bits - anything. But there are limits, even to unconditional love.

Report pushkin99 February 10, 2019 10:44 PM GMT
I could forgive once, twice, maybe a few times if they really got the hots for each other and they could not resist...................but all that lying, hiding, going out for milk all dolled up, for all those years, no way hose..............
Report Aspro February 10, 2019 10:48 PM GMT
Didn't Ryan date her before she got with Rhodri, or am I mistaken? If so, perhaps she only went with Rhodri to stay in the loop?

Either way, he's clearly over it which is another good advert for those who suffer similar fates that aren't all over the nationals.
Report Capt__F February 10, 2019 10:56 PM GMT
ryan giggs utter smug git

this so deserved
Report pumphol. February 10, 2019 11:07 PM GMT
Think the adverts genius, revenge can come in many forms but your be hard pressed to beat that.
Report Ibrahima Sonko February 10, 2019 11:11 PM GMT
Too think someone making an advert is more embarrassing than your wife sleeping with your brother is rather bizarre. Clearly doesnt have a close family.
Report Capt__F February 10, 2019 11:15 PM GMT
he hasn't a brother

dog sh1te bettor
Report Emitdeb February 10, 2019 11:27 PM GMT
Cant think of a better advert ever... Laugh
Report pushkin99 February 10, 2019 11:38 PM GMT
its the best advert ever. Shame they wont show the full thing on Sky.
Report Aspro February 10, 2019 11:39 PM GMT
Aside from the background poster in the pub Sky did show it all today pushkin; a few shorter ones but one of them was the full advert
Report Capt__F February 10, 2019 11:41 PM GMT
anyone post link ?
Report Capt__F February 10, 2019 11:41 PM GMT
anyone post link ?
Report Aspro February 10, 2019 11:42 PM GMT
The OP link works fine otherwise just type giggs advert in YT
Report Capt__F February 10, 2019 11:43 PM GMT
ty
Report qwerty135 February 11, 2019 12:12 AM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQL4tl0U_5o
Report Hank Hill February 11, 2019 12:14 AM GMT
Genius ad Laugh
Report tobermory February 11, 2019 12:24 AM GMT
Rhodri Giggs recently said he has not spoken to Ryan since just after the footballer's affair with his wife was revealed.The Wales national manager said sorry to his brother weeks later for the betrayal, saying he 'wasn't thinking', but Rhodri said the apology was just hollow words and they haven't spoken since.

The father-of-three said he also doesn't speak to other family members because they sided with Ryan after the affair, which was revealed in 2011, but says the footballer can end their seven-year feud by picking up the phone.

Rhodri, a HGV driver by trade, said: 'Ryan apologised a month or two months after the story came out. He said all the right things, but it was a matter of action and it was all words. I accepted (his apology) on the basis of following through what you are going to say, do it, don't just say it, it's easy to say things. But he was too big to do that, it's on him, not me.'
Report tobermory February 11, 2019 12:25 AM GMT

Feb 10, 2019 -- 4:32PM, Aspro wrote:

News is saying that Rhodri is now tipped for a walk-on part in Coronation Street after that performance

He is a decent actor tbf, better than soap level

Report darren_discombobulates_sports February 11, 2019 7:12 AM GMT
was a good acting performance imo seemed a natura

Ryan had an affair with his wife for 8 years, you have to question with Rhodri's kids might actually be his brothersShocked it was confirmed that they were even seeing each other in hotels in Manchester when she was pregnant either way, you can't get much lower really.

you could see how crushed he was in the subsequent interviews he gave afterwards so all these years later I'm surprised anyone would begrudge him making a few quid out of it because his wife made a lot of money selling stories to the papers and appearing on reality shows herself and I think he's a truck driver.

I remember the scene in Eastenders back in the 90's where Grant slept with his brothers wife and they had a big fight in the garage which resulted in Grant lying half dead at the bottom of some hole in the ground, I'd imagine that's how most would react, though Rhodri seems quite placid, his brother is lucky he's not some hardcase.
Report SlippyBlue February 11, 2019 5:33 PM GMT

Feb 10, 2019 -- 5:11PM, Ibrahima Sonko wrote:

Too think someone making an advert is more embarrassing than your wife sleeping with your brother is rather bizarre. Clearly doesnt have a close family.

I have got 4 brothers and 1 Sister Ibrahima Sonkko, but thanks for asking and we are all really close. I had lunch today with my older brother and my younger sister in Dulwich Village this afternoon for your information.

For you to say such an obnoxious remark to me is somewhat startling to say the very least, I always thought you and I got on well personally. Oh well, not to worry.

Report pushkin99 February 11, 2019 8:20 PM GMT

Feb 11, 2019 -- 11:33AM, SlippyBlue wrote:

Feb 10, 2019 -- 11:11PM, Ibrahima Sonko wrote:Too think someone making an advert is more embarrassing than your wife sleeping with your brother is rather bizarre. Clearly doesnt have a close family.I have got 4 brothers and 1 Sister Ibrahima Sonkko, but thanks for asking and we are all really close. I had lunch today with my older brother and my younger sister in Dulwich Village this afternoon for your information.For you to say such an obnoxious remark to me is somewhat startling to say the very least, I always thought you and I got on well personally. Oh well, not to worry.

Rather than being angry at yrself for making a silly remark, read and understand what Ibrahima is helpfully trying to tell u.

At some point u need to stop digging an even bigger hole for yourself..............

Report maleuk01. February 11, 2019 8:43 PM GMT
I think its a good advert.

A few grand to a hgv driver is prob a decent whack (whatever he got paid).

If his family has sided with Ryan (from a prev post on this thread), then suprise suprise, one is a hgv driver, the other a multi millionaire footballer.

Something like this shows what joe public think over what Ryan did is totally disgusting, and have great sympathy for Rhodri. Prob a good comfort knowing that. Plus a few extra quid in his pocket fair play. Its not as if its not common knowledge what happened.

Also gives the impression that Rhrodri has moved on, from what must have been totally devasting to him when he found out.

Good luck to him is what i say.
Report pushkin99 February 11, 2019 9:41 PM GMT
This is such a wicked advert................I can fully understand why vacuous saps such as petertheseethe cringe sooooooooooooooooooooooooo very much when they see it.................
Report ally pally February 19, 2019 8:31 AM GMT
are they doing another one best advert ever.
Report lfc1971 February 19, 2019 2:59 PM GMT
How anyone could lower themselves to make an advert like this is almost unbelievable ,
dreadful .
Report duncan idaho February 19, 2019 3:39 PM GMT
stay classy Crazy
Report lybertyne February 19, 2019 8:37 PM GMT
"Questions will be asked of the manager".  Excellent subtle look.  Better than a lot of professional actors.
Report pumphol. February 19, 2019 9:33 PM GMT
tobermory    11 Feb 19 00:24 

The father-of-three said he also doesn't speak to other family members because they sided with Ryan after the affair,

What a pathetic family
Report roache February 19, 2019 9:46 PM GMT
Does he speak to his wife though or did they split up ?
Report pushkin99 February 20, 2019 11:30 PM GMT
I so love this advert, makes me laugh every time........................don't think that's ever changing.

petehseethe and pea brain must be cringing away when they see 'their boy' so cruelly hung out to dry like this, by the brother that so idolised him.

HappyHappyHappyDevilDevilDevilLaughLaughLaugh
Report lfc1971 February 20, 2019 11:37 PM GMT
the working classes like that sort of advert that’s why they’re
vulgar , vulgar , vulgar !
Report pushkin99 February 20, 2019 11:44 PM GMT
If the cap fits, yep I guess I have to wear it.

I certainly work for a living, of which I really enjoy HappyHappy
Report lfc1971 February 20, 2019 11:46 PM GMT
quite right , we can only be what we are
Report pushkin99 February 20, 2019 11:55 PM GMT
I am, and will continue to be so.
Report lfc1971 February 20, 2019 11:58 PM GMT
sorry pushkin I’m being stupid ignore me
It’s just tgecadvert seems wrong I don’t know why
Report lfc1971 February 21, 2019 12:01 AM GMT
What a fiasco , but then to put it on tv ???
Report pushkin99 February 21, 2019 12:03 AM GMT
It was Rodhri's revenge against the brother he idolised. Giggs so cruelly betrayed him, sh@gging Rhodri's wife for 8+ years behind his back............

As they say, revenge is a dish best served cold.
Report pushkin99 February 21, 2019 5:32 PM GMT
petertheseethe and the peabrain idiot must be cringing sooooooooooooooooo much every time this advert is played.

I hope u two chums have binned your giggsy boy duvets.
Report pushkin99 February 21, 2019 11:07 PM GMT
Bump...............

petertheseethe and the peabrain idiot must be cringing sooooooooooooooooo much every time this advert is played.

I hope u two chums have binned your giggsy boy duvets.
Report pushkin99 February 22, 2019 9:56 PM GMT
Bump...............

Even though I am sure they are badly stained, I guess u two chums have still not binned your giggsy boy duvets...................
Report pushkin99 February 23, 2019 3:11 PM GMT
Bump...............

Even though I am sure they are badly stained, I guess u two chums have still not binned your giggsy boy duvets...................
Report pushkin99 February 23, 2019 7:23 PM GMT
Bump...............

Report themightymac February 23, 2019 11:22 PM GMT
I agree with slippyblue 100%. Folk will do anything for money.
Report pushkin99 February 24, 2019 10:17 AM GMT
Bump...............

Report pushkin99 February 24, 2019 11:41 PM GMT
Bump...............

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com