Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ac
20 Jul 18 13:18
| Topic/replies: 882 | Blogger: ac's blog
Where has the everton transfer thread gone ?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Everton transfer stuff
Show More
Report Swagger November 25, 2018 5:58 PM GMT
* colossus
Report Swagger November 25, 2018 6:12 PM GMT
Captain Carnage - this is a serious question...having read through your posts over a long period of time - have you thought about supporting Burnley? They would appear to play the type of football you desire and adhere to your type of footballing philosophy plus the icing on the cake is that Sean Dyche is a similar manager to your idol Sam Allardyce. They focus on defending and attacking set pieces to the best of their ability, they take immense pride in keeping their defensive shape as an entire team, they work hard, they play to not lose games but actual passing, distribution generally and the creation of chances in an attempt to win games is the last thought on their minds. Sounds like your ideal match is it not?
Report Value Seeker November 26, 2018 10:46 PM GMT
Thought a lot were off the pace on Saturday, Walcott, Bernard not at their best, Richalison's touch and passing wasn't great, Seamus still not great and Digne was quiet yet with Gomez, Gana, Keane and Mina looking the part we did enough and again Lookman's cameo again suggests he's got to be given a start soon to show what he can do given a proper opportunity.

Still happy with the way it's going. Not looking forward to Sunday mind but that's not going to change any time soon.
Report miss.wales November 27, 2018 4:43 PM GMT
Swagger Devil

I'll be happy as long as we don't revert to a back 3 to accommodate Zouma. I don't think there's much between him and Mina but whilst Koeman and Allardyce would be thinking of an extra defender and would turn the 3 into a 5, which in their minds we would need, I don't think Silva has the same philosophy. 

With Gana, Gomez and Siggy, the back 4 should have enough protection to stop us being overrun, which is what normally happens at Anfield.

I don't think Richarlison alone up top works away from home but DCL just doesn't have the experience to put them under pressure. Tosun might have been a better bet but his limitations have been severely exposed in recent weeks.

We'll certainly need better shows from Theo and Bernard because someone needs to keep their full-backs occupied. It's a shame Henderson won't be playing as he's definitely a weakness for them.

They've had a couple of fortunate decisions go for them in the last 2 weeks, with the Mitrovic disallowed goal / moving ball free-kick and the Watford penalty not given on Saturday so let's hope the roundabout swings our way this week.

Keep the faith.
Report Captain carnage December 2, 2018 6:35 PM GMT
Same old carp. This lack of bottle when it matters is endemic within every manager and player we have had over the last 20 years. I wonder if this miserable mentality makes the average Everton fan underperform in their jobs lol. I mean they make you feel like huge underperformers in life!

Please no posts about a few pretty passes in the first half. How many shots on target did we have 2nd half and how many did we create with BFS last season in the 2 games?
Report Solano1 December 2, 2018 6:45 PM GMT
Chin up, CC.
You'll get it out of your system on Wednesday easily enough.
Report gazza66 December 2, 2018 6:45 PM GMT
CaptainCarnage admit it you’re a red ****.
Report TheGoldenVision December 3, 2018 10:25 AM GMT
Only Everton could shoot themselves in the foot in that manner.

What was Pickford thinking? A world class goalie doing something so idiotic is mind boggling.

Just pop it over the bar or, better still, just fwcking leave it. Was he actually trying to catch the ball?

I can't take much more of this!!
Report miss.wales December 3, 2018 12:49 PM GMT
Crazy way to lose a game but it's fair to say we all know he has a mistake in him - just not one per game like our other keepers over the last few years. Value Seeker often refers to Liverpool as The Devil's Club and you can understand why after that episode.

In many ways the performance was more important than the result and at no point yesterday did it feel like we weren't competing, which you couldn't have said many times in the last 20 years at that venue.

I was disappointed that we ended the game without Bernard, Sigurdsson and the injured Gana on the pitch, which gave us little hope of holding on to the ball if it came to us.

Making substitutions just for the sake of it never sits comfortably with me and although it didn't necessarily lead directly to the goal, it may easily have changed our mindset.   

No serious gripes with the manager though - at the end of the day it's about getting the right players in and improving the ones you already had. He seems to have done both.

Who is this guy playing in Michael Keane's shirt?
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 3, 2018 12:58 PM GMT
world class goalieLaughLaughLaugh
Report Captain carnage December 3, 2018 1:36 PM GMT
Agree with that Miss Wales.

I know Keane is improving on anything in front of him/reading of game but he is still slower than the slowest whale in the Indian Ocean and a bigger accident waiting to happen than Pickford.
Report Captain carnage December 3, 2018 1:37 PM GMT
I would be amazed if anyone at Everton has ever seen him play other than against us. We surely just bought him on the number of interceptions/tackles he made?
Report charwell. December 3, 2018 3:28 PM GMT
What is it with Evertonians and LFC having a 'pact with the devil' and all such nonsense. Grown men regularly churn out this nonsense from the blue side of the city. Such puerile nonsense an 8 year old would be embarrassed about! Also, saying you are clearly 'man for man as good as LFC.' Seeing as we are miles ahead in the league and reached CL final last year then this is one hell of a leap of faith!! It was a fairly even contest granted; but we were on the back of a tough game away in PSG.

However, you lot actually played football for once which was nice. Clearly the team is progressing very well. Gomes looks a very good acquisition in particular. Certainly plenty of reason for optimism and a Europa spot is definitely up for grabs.
Report miss.wales December 3, 2018 4:15 PM GMT
Captain Carnage

I'd make Keane 4/6 against Mina over 50 yards any day.

Having said that, I'd still back Big Nev to beat either of them.
Report TheGoldenVision December 3, 2018 8:22 PM GMT
Charwell... finally we agree on something.

Everton fans incessantly bleating about how and why LFC have cheated us, robbed us, etc, etc, etc.

It's a pain, it's boring, it's embarrassing and it's just an excuse to deflect from our own myriad shortcomings since the late 80's.

No one has held us back except us... pack it in, PLEASE.
Report Value Seeker December 8, 2018 12:18 AM GMT
I just refer to them as the devils club as a term of endearment, I don’t really believe it. Of course only our club has been responsible for our own failings over the years. I don’t care about them, only EFC. The Pickford howler was a sickener of the highest magnitude but we played a proper game of football and competed big time.

The garden is a lot rosier and I’m very happy with what I see. Newcastle was another game where several of them weren’t at it and we struggle against an organised team. Could and should have won which is something we’ve said a lot this season but that beats last season where we deserved nothing in so many games because we couldn’t even muster a shot  on target.

Just keep going as we are and see what happens in January. We need an upgrade on Tosun and if he’s happy to stay we need to get Gomez signed up.
Report Captain carnage December 10, 2018 9:56 PM GMT
BFS joins us when we are in complete and utter disarray: 25 points from first 17 games in charge.

Silva joins us in summer and spends a fortune: 24 points in 16 games in charge.

Think only BFS and me think BFS is a better manager than Silva. But hey, don't let the facts get in the
way of a feel good story.

We are going in the right direction - errr, hhhmmmm.
We play lovely football - errrm, hmmmm.
Report TheGoldenVision December 10, 2018 9:58 PM GMT
That's 6 points chucked away in one week!!

How come other teams make substitutions and they impact on the game. We make them and nothing changes!!!

It's no good Mr Silva shaking his head ruefully... that team came out for the second half virtually comatose.

Next up... City
Report Value Seeker December 12, 2018 3:01 PM GMT
It is 4 points chucked away in the two home games and of course the sickener v Liverpool is a further 5th point.

A poor second half. So many of them not really on it.

CC you must have been ecstatic when we went behind. I hear what you say but I really can’t believe you’re serious but clearly you are.

It’s very early days. Scoring seemed no issue earlier in the season but now it all looks more laboured. The defence is so so. The issues from set pieces earlier in the season are no longer apparent and I’ve not seen Mondays goals back again but it’s frustrating when you score 2 and miss a number of very good chances and don’t win the game.

Re the subs. He brought on what we have. Lookman disappointing again and I can’t see him starting in either of the next two matches v City and Spurs, DCL and Tosun can only bring energy, they still don’t convince.
I said before Silva could be the next Roberto but so far I see progress and I’m happy. We could and should have more points than we do but we haven’t. Just need to keep grafting and trying to improve the individuals we have and add more quality to the squad.
Report Captain carnage December 13, 2018 11:37 PM GMT
`I hear what you say but I really can’t believe you’re serious but clearly you are.'

What do you mean?

On what basis is Silva a better manager than Alladyce over the course of their managerial careers?

On any rational comparison Alladyce is better.

We have more possession and pass the ball more under Silva. That has nothing to do with whether you are better or more effective.
Report miscreant man December 14, 2018 11:04 PM GMT
No Gana tomorrow and 3 at the back.
Report enpassant December 15, 2018 11:46 AM GMT
Calvert-Lewin in for Walcott is the wrong decision imo. Walcott has his limitations absolutely but as Arsenal supporters know, he has caused City plenty of problems (and scored against them)because of the space they leave for him to run into. A more ponderous CF is playing into their hands. I really fancied Everton to score 2 today with Walcott and Richarleson's pace but this has tempered my enthusiasm.
Report Captain carnage December 15, 2018 1:49 PM GMT
Agree enpassat. Walcott has been dire recently but one game anyone with any clue would play him in is
City away.

But no. We come to city trying to play pretty patterns out of defence (which we are incapable of).
No structure, no pattern, no pace, no trickery. Just a gash keeper/centre defenders making bad decision. A couple of fannies in centre mid who dont fancy it against good players. A tiny fella out wide totally out of his depth. Richarlison goes missing as per against the top sides and DCL further decreases his value for when we sell him to a DIV I team.

As for Silva's motivational and tactical skills of late - Give me strength.
Report Captain carnage December 15, 2018 2:16 PM GMT
Mina caps a fine performance with a blatant dive in the penalty area followed up with a head-but on their keeper. But, just like everything else he has done he failed even with that.
Report enpassant December 15, 2018 2:26 PM GMT
Wenger made the same mistake over and over again- only to bring Walcott on when the opposition were ahead and playing DEEP. You couldn't make it up.
Report TheGoldenVision December 15, 2018 8:31 PM GMT
City
United
Chelsea
Pool
Spurs
Arsenal

6 teams x twice a year x 25 prem years

= 300 games

Played 288 up to the start of this season.

Probably won 5% of them. CryCryCry

I can't wait until victories against this lot are as likely as not.

COYB
Report Captain carnage December 18, 2018 9:56 AM GMT
Well there's an elite manager free who may fancy a stab at a club just below the top level.

We need a radical cultural overhaul at the club and surely an out and out winner like him could bring it.

Why not give it a spin. All the alternatives have not worked.

Ps. No BS about it not working out recently for him. He won 2 trophies in his first year at United and his CV is probably the best on the planet.
Report Value Seeker December 18, 2018 11:01 AM GMT
Each to their own CC but not for me. I’ve said before that Silva might not work out but I’m happy with him and Brands as things stand.

I see progress even if you clearly don’t. It’s all about opinions.

I’m guessing had you been in charge at LFC you’d have had Klopp out in his first season and Sir Alex our long before his dire third season.

Jose just looks a troubled man to me. He’s totally failed to get a time out of players he’s paid fortunes for. I’m not saying he’s finished but it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on in his next job. As for the suggestion he might come to us, that’s just a non starter as his ego wouldn’t let him come to little old Everton.
Report Captain carnage December 18, 2018 11:32 AM GMT
Fair enough but sometimes you have to aim big and go for the best. Not just keep buying lottery tickets and hoping to get lucky.
Report Value Seeker December 20, 2018 7:00 PM GMT
I don’t think you can fault Moshiri for his spending CC. We can’t afford to go big by City, Man U, Chelsea or even Liverpool standards. We have to try and be cleverer for now.

We’re back to a loss again, wages as a percentage are uncomfortably high again according to the latest accounts.

Brands will be key.
Report TheGoldenVision December 22, 2018 9:27 AM GMT
Tomorrows a massive game for us.

This is where we see exactly how we're progressing.

With all due respect to Spurs, they're a deserving top 6 side but not up there with City or Pool. They have more than enough of dodgy games and so at home, with a settled team, decent bench and good tactical manager we should take this.

Actually, we better take this 'cos excuses are starting to run out.

COYB
Report Value Seeker December 23, 2018 2:20 PM GMT
A bit of luck wouldn't go amiss and take our chances when they occur
Report TheGoldenVision December 23, 2018 7:43 PM GMT
What's the odds on Mr Silva getting the elbow before next August???
Report Captain carnage December 24, 2018 2:21 PM GMT
At least Bernie Madoff made some legit money before he carried out one of the biggest frauds ever.

This little fella should be sent down and the key thrown away a long time ago.
Report sofaking December 24, 2018 7:53 PM GMT

Dec 22, 2018 -- 3:27AM, TheGoldenVision wrote:

Tomorrows a massive game for us.This is where we see exactly how we're progressing.With all due respect to Spurs, they're a deserving top 6 side but not up there with City or Pool. They have more than enough of dodgy games and so at home, with a settled team, decent bench and good tactical manager we should take this.Actually, we better take this 'cos excuses are starting to run out.COYB

Oh dear. Cry  Spurs are a consistent top 3 side rather than a top 6 side.  It seems you've underestimated them. Excited Silva is the first PL manager to concede six plus goals in a home game (one of the other losses was a 1-7 home defeat for Hull against Spurs).

Report sofaking December 24, 2018 7:55 PM GMT
Silva's a fraud methinks. Everton were a point better off at this stage last season despite being on their third manager of the season at that stage. Not having a dig, it's just an impartial observation. Anyway, good luck for the season. Hope you can nick 6th from Arsenal or Man U. Grin
Report TheGoldenVision December 24, 2018 8:58 PM GMT
Sofa... I never underestimated them, I just thought that they weren't on their game. A manager being tapped by the press, a difficult Champions league, problems with the new stadium against a, supposed, up and coming team.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Spurs were good bordering on great but that was an horrendous performance/result for Everton.

I can see a slow drift down the table now for the toffees.

At 1-3 half time what would a good/decent/aware/astute/tactician do???

The aim would be to win the second half. Barest minimum would be no worse than 1-3 full time.

2-6!!!

I hoped the defence was sorted but that was pub football again.

We go back to the drawing board so often the carpet must be worn away by now.
Report TheGoldenVision December 24, 2018 9:21 PM GMT
The fact that Mr Silva is concentrating on a second disallowed goal is worrying.

It seems he's trying to put the entire display down to a dodgy decision. That's the chant of a loser.

The fact that the ref, correctly, wrote off another goal doesn't explain conceding 6 fwcking goals.

I think we've missed the boat with selling Pickford to Utd but, fingers crossed, should they come calling again we should sell up in a shot.

Don't get me started on the others.
Report mafeking December 24, 2018 9:40 PM GMT
goldenvision, we spurs had won 10 of our previous 12 games inc playing chelsea, inter, arsenal twice and barcelona. in the best form we've been all season

silva clutching at straws if he's blaming the ref. was pretty much all spurs in the first 20 mins before you scored, should have had a penalty and kane could have scored 2 or 3 times in that period alone
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 25, 2018 12:02 PM GMT
At the start of the month GV said Pickford was world class. 3 weeks later he's wishing he'd been sold.

Fickle much?
Report TheGoldenVision December 25, 2018 12:34 PM GMT
PoP... if you check I implied "supposed" world class after his howler at Anfield. Now this latest one a week later!!!

I think he's a total dodge pot who thinks he's as good as the press say.

Happy Christmas. I'm off for my turkey now.

All the best to everyone ExcitedLaughLaugh
Report miscreant man December 25, 2018 7:13 PM GMT
Merry Christmas Everyone.

I feel Silva has some validity in questioning the goal for 2-0. His game plan was to attack and goals do change games - he attacked and at 2-0 he could of changed his system to be less open and counter. It didn't and our keeper had a shocker. Whilst its quite right Spurs had their chances too, they hadn't taken them;  2-0 would have been a task for them and albeit it may seem silly after the event it was pivotal to Everton and Silva picking up on it I have no issue with. I don't with his tactic either - we should want our manager to press and attack teams. My only reservation is with two slow midfielders we can't play with Keane at centre-back. No Gana, it has to James or Benni.

Mafe is quite right Spurs are in their best form after being - imo - effected by the world cup far more than any other club.
I'm 51 and I've never seen a great Spurs side: good sides, cup winning teams but this one has the basis of a really good side. Because of past events  I'm more inclined to see them slide away rather than build and flourish. Be good for the Spuddies to have a real go at it, though. Toby Alderweireld has to be kept (he was excellent on Sunday) and not sold to strengthen a rival.

We have an experienced striker arriving on loan and a youngster whom Brands rates very highly in the next 10 days or so with the more serious cash to spend in the summer. Dowell's going out on loan - I'm disappointed in the choice of club to be honest and Oumar is off to pastures new.
Report mafeking December 25, 2018 8:22 PM GMT
mm, we battered you twice last season. could easily have been 6-0 both times. this is a great spurs side but it's a tough school at the top of the table at the moment. we could get 85 points and still come 3rd

i've seen us win the fa and league cups but i'd give 10 of those away easily to see us win the league or the CL just once. don't think we're that far away either and remember we're doing it with one arm tied behind our backs. a lot of our supporters have completely turned their backs on going to wembley which is absolutely ridiculous really cos in a week's time we could easily be within 1 result of the lead with a lot of home games in hand
Report miscreant man December 26, 2018 7:30 PM GMT
Mafe,

I honestly believe you have answered my question. 85 isn't a premier total achieved by a great side, we got 86 points in 87, a very good team and that was with a raft on injuries. We achieved 90 points in 85 with 4 or 5 games to run - that was a great side.
As for thrashing us twice last year, of course you did, so did Arsenal, they shipped 10 past us!
Report tobermory December 26, 2018 7:35 PM GMT
42 game seasons in the mid 80s though. Points totals are not a good guide imo. No one really aims for points records and teams ease up when they have it won if there is a cup final to come.
Report miscreant man December 26, 2018 7:41 PM GMT
Yes, Tobe, we hit 90 and didn't win another league with 5 games to run - which was my point!

Spurs may very well hit 85 points this years and be 15 points away from the title winners - I'm not having that's a great side. Its a really good team that has to improve further!
Report mafeking December 26, 2018 7:49 PM GMT
mm, can still be a great spurs side than a great side per se. only the double side has won more league games in calendar year (1960) than this spurs side. of course this side isn't one of the greatest teams in english football history. like i say it's really tough when you're on course for 90 points and that may still be some way behind the winners

remember as well we're doing all this with no proper home ground. wembley is soulless place at the best of times but half empty it can be desperate at times
Report TheGoldenVision December 29, 2018 10:26 PM GMT
With all due respect to Spurs, they're a deserving top 6 side but not up there with City or Pool. They have more than enough of dodgy games and so at home, with a settled team, decent bench and good tactical manager we should take this.

Spurs 1 Wolves 3

And that's what I meant.
Report Value Seeker December 30, 2018 4:38 PM GMT
It's hard work being a Blue isn't it !!

A long journey home yesterday evening, 17 hour trip for no reward.

Mullered by Spurs, muller Burnley then yesterday, could have gone either way but wasn't happy with the side.

Why not just start the side that did so well at Burnley, why bring back Gueye if you're retaining the back five ?

Just thought we've lacked intensity of late, we're not pressing and it all seems to be a bit slow and ponderous.
Squad depth is thin, Theo really isnt at it, Seamus much as we love him is not the player he was, when your options that you actually use include Niasse then you know more is needed.
Report Captain carnage December 30, 2018 6:03 PM GMT
I thought Gueye had one of the best games a centre mid has had in a blue shirt for many, many years.
His energy, closing, anticipaion, tackles, passing, movement and commitment was a joy to watch. He should be the first player on the sheet every game.

Meanwhile Gomez plodded about, reluctantly tracked runners and generally played 8 yard passes to Gueye and Zouma which is exactly what Brighton wanted. His only turn of pace was when he was substituted which seemed to put some winds under his sales. I think there are major question marks over that fellas head and fitness/strength levels.

I know we didnt have good options on the bench but I was very surprised that Walcott appeared for the second half. Utterly dumbfounded he lasted 90 minutes. Every 2nd touch was a hopeless attempt at a tackle, he gave the ball away constantly, didn't give us intelligent movement and his confidence from the start looked on the floor.

In the 2nd half against Brighton we had no shots on taget and 2 shots that hit the post.
Against Lpool when we apparantly played very well we had zero in the second half.

We are a mess and are not progressing. No shape, direction, striker, poor keepers and slow centre halfs. We have an excellent centre mid holding player, and decent looking left back and Richarlison/Gylfi.

Oh and a big and loyal fanbase who have had to put up with this underchieving management, players and club through 25 years of failure.
Report Value Seeker December 30, 2018 8:32 PM GMT
As ever I dont see it as you cc.

I thought Gueye was his usual self yesterday, lots of effort and hard to fault but "one of the best games a centre mid has had in a blue shirt for many, many years" !!! I can't have that.

Gomez is not quick but again I see differently to you, I see a quality player who makes up for lack of pace with a brain and good feet. He's not our player and given the lack of options hes got to play.

I agree re Walcott, I thought it was like playing with ten men, not a clue why he stopped on. Every time he gets the ball I expect nothing and he rarely proves me wrong.

I cant agree we are a mess, we're most definitely a work in progress. They're is a shape, we're looking to play a more pressing game and better football, We're certainly creating more.
I repeat, Silva may not be the answer but way too early to be changing, I see his current points total is identical to Klippetys at the same stage, two less than Poccetino. He needs time for him and Brands to carry on what they've started.

"Poor keepers" !!! Pickford is just 24. Given away three goals through his errors, the most in the prem but no doubt he's a decent shot stopper and again way too early to be writing him off. I remember a very average Neville Southall competing with Jim Arnold for the right to wear our number one shirt and again I'd suggest that at that time you'd have said the same about those two as neither were impressive.

All the players brought in by Brands has to my mind been good signings, Digne, Zouma, Mina, Gomez, Bernard & Richarlison.
We just need to stay calm and let them get on with it. We certainly need a striker but there's no panic.

And we need to take the cup very seriously.
Report rothko December 31, 2018 11:14 AM GMT
I repeat, Silva may not be the answer but way too early to be changing, I see his current points total is identical to Klippetys at the same stage, two less than Poccetino
or another way of looking at it is that is that Silva has the same record 7-6-7 after 20 games as Everton had last year
Report Value Seeker December 31, 2018 4:53 PM GMT
Indeed rothko. Am I missing something ??
Report TheGoldenVision January 1, 2019 12:44 AM GMT
We've improved out of all recognition in 12 months and yet we lie 10th in the league!!!!

Sorry, but that's not an improvement. We may be prettier on the eye but we get beat just as often and just the same.

You can play fancy dan football all the way to the Championship.... but that's not an improvement.

How the fwck do you win at Burnley 5-1 and then, 4 or 5 days later, change the team at get beat by Brighton?????

That's not improvement that's either arrogance or naivety.

I don't think it's arrogance.
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 1, 2019 8:35 AM GMT
From the outside looking in, I'd say you have improved. It's just not being borne out in results yet. You're slightly hindered in the fact that the likes of Baines and Coleman are older/crocks and have gone from being among the best 5 in their position to being mediocre. Then there's the money wasted under previous managers: Bolasie, Schneiderlein, Klaasen, Pickford, Keane, Tosun, Walcott etc.

New guy may not be perfect but he's only had one window and Richarlison, Digne, Bernard and Gomes look a hell of a lot better than the kind of signings you've been making for at least 5 years before.

Give him another couple of windows and you may have the bones of a good team. You can't just keep changing manager every 5 minutes hoping to stumble on The One.
Report Captain carnage January 1, 2019 1:25 PM GMT
Another half of progress, not much unrest in crowd.

0 shots on target lol.

Allydyce would have needed a police escort to get back to the changing room.
Report Super Hans January 1, 2019 1:32 PM GMT
Knew Theo was sh1te when he came.
But he seems to have taken sh1teness to new levels.
£20mSad
Report Captain carnage January 1, 2019 2:42 PM GMT
I was feeling pretty grumpy the other day about our managerial choices in recent years, then I got chatting to a Sunderland fan and realised there are more unfortunate fans out there.

But in all seriousness. Our mid-long term does have promise with a chairman wiling to pump in big funds and the possibility of a new stadium.

But I really don't want this Silva clown infecting his mediocre skills and next to nil motivational qualities on this squad any longer or having any input on any new players.
Report TheGoldenVision January 1, 2019 3:27 PM GMT
"Get out of our club Allardyce"

Well chaps, you got what you wanted. Welcome to the future.

At the end, under Koeman, that team was sh1te but at least they tried. What's this showers excuse?

Sorry to say but Mr Silva seems to have all the motivational skills of an undertaker and once again his tactical know how appears to be woeful. Plan? What fwcking plan!

"...we knew what they came here to do". Too bad you didn't have the same insight about what your own team was intending!

Also, why do we bother with a substitutes bench? I've yet to see any change make a rats @rse of a difference!

If that's a foretaste of what 2019 has in store... CryCryCry
Report rothko January 1, 2019 5:15 PM GMT
was really surprised that Silva seemed to be the only preferred target given his CV
Took Hull down and not sure his record at watford was particularly better than other watford managers - certainly this current manager seems to be doing a good job
Silva did well in Greece but not sure that particularly earned him the everton managers job??
Im sure he will be given more funds for transfers in january given the wealth of one of the shareholders
Report Dav_vin03 January 2, 2019 9:34 AM GMT
Silva will have to have Everton fighting relegation to get the sack, Moshiri is proud and pride comes before a fall.
He will give his 'chosen one' every possible chance to succeed
Silva can look forward to more spending on transfer fees and over inflated wages
Report Captain carnage January 2, 2019 11:42 AM GMT
Anyone any idea why Silva Was the chosen one by Moshiri?

Other than winning the equivalent of DIV I in Greece nothing suggested he could come to goodison and overachieve with the resources there?

Does he fancy him? Got something on him? Got bored and picked random names out of a hat?
Report Value Seeker January 3, 2019 10:46 AM GMT
He needs time. Prior to the 94th minute of the derby we’d seen decent performances West Ham aside, results in a number of instances didn’t reflect that.

Sunday was dire, early kick offs generally are. 4 games in 8 days can’t help.

We’ve seen plenty worse under Moyes only for it to turn, big Sam was not for our club. Silva might not be as I keep saying but he needs much longer to show what he can do wether that be good or bad.

Moshiri showed with Koeman and Allardyce that he’s prepared to act but by the same token I hope he does give this manager or any other future manager all his support, now is not the time to be getting rid.

Rubbish though both Brighton and Leicester were both games could just as easily have ended up 1-0 to us instead of 1-0 defeats. We’d be sitting a comfortable 7th and looking up. It’s a very fine line. A number of our players are not at it these last few weeks but it’s hardly the end of the world you might believe reading the preceding posts. I don’t expect much in January but we do need a forward, just need to keep it all in perspective and get behind the club.

And no messing about on Saturday.

Out of interest does anyone know why there are only five 15.00 kick offs on Saturday on FA Cup 3rd round day ??
Report Captain carnage January 3, 2019 1:31 PM GMT
If he has picked his best 11's of late. What are you expecting he picks for the only competition
we can win?

To be honest this is the only FA Cup game in over 20 years where I couldn't argue he has picked a weakened team no matter who he puts out.
Report Captain carnage January 3, 2019 1:32 PM GMT
Gueye and Digne would be my only certain picks.
Report TheGoldenVision January 5, 2019 3:11 PM GMT
Surely he has to pick his strongest side. Try to win something and give the fans something to be happy about.

Who, in this p0xy team, needs resting FFS???

Getting some cohesion between your best 11 players is more important than chopping and changing.
Report miscreant man January 13, 2019 8:24 PM GMT
For as bad as we were in parts today you can see the football team breaking under the surface. I actually enjoyed the spirit they showed today and enjoyed the match - strange for me as I haven't enjoyed a game (West Ham at home last year aside) for three and a half years!

They know they're struggling but at least in the second half they really showed they wanted to get the first goal and doggedly defended the goal. Hopefully, it will do them all the world of good.

What about the referee Sad - at least he unearthed the atmosphere Laugh
Report DixiEnormus January 14, 2019 2:16 PM GMT
when we face a team of high press like Bournemouth  we need to tweak the midfield so can pass through them. i.e.  play with a no 6 in front of the defense and then two no 8,s 
then when the other team tires  can then play with a no 10
Report ffaith January 15, 2019 12:27 PM GMT
Not many characters in football anymore but Big Dunc is one.  Watching him give Silva a bear hug was one of the highlights of my weekend.
Silva's time at Hull and Watford may have dented his self belief so to inherit someone like Big Dunc is a bonus.

May have my doubts about Silva as a manager but he seems to create a tremendous club spirit wherever he goes.
Report miscreant man January 19, 2019 10:00 PM GMT
The players really like him.. I don't think he feels the same way about them!
Report DixiEnormus January 20, 2019 2:59 PM GMT
tactics need tweaking.  good squad of players + where better than recent results
Report miscreant man January 20, 2019 10:12 PM GMT
I have given up on Keane - hes too slow. Siggy got pelters last season for not being played in his correct position. Can anyone tell me what it is?

Our whole shape is destined by him and there are spaces all over the midfield with a slow centre half - it need addressing, never mind tweaking. Our away performances are pitiful and the manager is allowing it.
Report Racingqueen January 20, 2019 10:16 PM GMT
why does anyone care. Everton are 5hit....always have been, always will be.
Report TheGoldenVision January 20, 2019 11:22 PM GMT
^   LaughLaughLaugh
Report TheGoldenVision January 20, 2019 11:23 PM GMT
^   LaughLaughLaugh
Report TheGoldenVision January 20, 2019 11:23 PM GMT
^   LaughLaughLaugh
Report TheGoldenVision January 23, 2019 10:08 AM GMT
Everton would accept around £40m from PSG for Gueye, in order to fund the signing of a new striker. (Mirror)

Selling your best player.... that's the way forward.
Report Dav_vin03 January 25, 2019 10:35 PM GMT
Focus should be on getting rid of the big wage dross

Top of the exit list should be the over rated rubbish like Keane, Walcott, Mirallas (Fiorientinas coach confirmed they wont be signing him so why continue with the loan where we are paying 25% of his wages?), Tosun, Baines, Schniderlin and McCarthy

All either past it and/or completely over rated, all are on big wages.
Report dervish January 26, 2019 11:40 AM GMT
Dav,if silva don't put our strongest team out today (and I don't think he knows what it is) it wont be just the players looking for a new club !
Report TheGoldenVision January 26, 2019 8:55 PM GMT
Allardyce out LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Captain carnage January 27, 2019 12:40 AM GMT
How could anyone want him out.

He is playing way better football than under Alladyce, getting results and points.

We have a clear pattern of play, clear pressing points. We are organised at the back, have good in game management, are fit/strong, up for it, creative and tenacious in midfield and look like scoring up front.

We ARE progressing.
Report Captain carnage January 27, 2019 12:42 AM GMT
We just need 16 new players and send Silva and his mates on a quick BTECH course in sports management.

If that is put in place we may finish top 10 next season.
Report LAMBETH WALK January 27, 2019 12:03 PM GMT
useless crab louse... Come on you Lions... Proper Football Club  CoolWink
Report Super Hans February 2, 2019 4:24 PM GMT
Another 60 mins of nothing off TheoCry
Report Emitdeb February 2, 2019 4:58 PM GMT
Come back Sam, All is Forgiven.... Laugh
Report TheGoldenVision February 2, 2019 6:00 PM GMT
"We have the conditions to do better."

Do we? Really?

The conditions (whatever that means) may be OK but this team, this attacking unit, this defensive setup and match to match tactics are woeful.

There are no obvious signs of any improvement.

Please don't excuse this by telling me we're playing better football.

It's a good job we've secured 33 pts already.
Report Racingqueen February 2, 2019 7:12 PM GMT
Everton make me laugh. You are 2 places below from the max position you can achieve and ye want the manager sacked.

a boat load of players brought in over the summer but they will take time to blend and settle.

Tosun sums it up.....ye sign him for £27m and within a week, Allardyce is running him down in the media and not playing him.
Hes a decent player who with decent coaching could do well but no Everton pi55 away £27m

tinpot club
Report TheGoldenVision February 3, 2019 10:36 AM GMT
I'm not saying Silva should be sacked. I want him to be a success but as you say "with decent coaching"... that's just it, is he a decent coach? Can he get the best out of players? It doesn't look like it, does it?

It wouldn't happen in a million years but I'd have Allardyce back and make him Head defensive coach because, judging Silvas record at Hull and Watford, he seems to have a problem organising his defences. How many goals have his teams shipped?

How many goals from set pieces alone have we let in?

As Jenas said on MOTD ... Everton are now unrecognisable. Who's responsible for that? Moshiri, the players or Silva?

How much time do professional athletes need to settle in and blend?

They seem to settle and blend at every other club irrespective of the numbers involved.

If you consider Everton tinpot then it doesn't say much for the 82 below them.

Anyway COYB.
Report EightiesDJ February 4, 2019 9:29 AM GMT
How do we all feel about the match on wednesday night?
Report EightiesDJ February 4, 2019 9:33 AM GMT
The best we can finish is 7th and with the remaining home fixtures we have it is highly unlikely we will finish 7th. Would we take the loss against city and hope the 3 points go some way to preventing 'the scum' winning the league. It is going to be unconfortable viewing no matter what. I think a good performance but a loss by the odd goal could be acceptable. The thought of beating city and 'the scum' going on to win the league is not sitting well with me. What do other Evertonians think about this?
Report ac February 4, 2019 10:42 AM GMT
I always want us to win every game, but wont be disappointed if we lost.
Report TheGoldenVision February 4, 2019 10:48 AM GMT
Personally, if we can't win the league, I couldn't give a rats @rse who does win it.

If Liverpool win it, fine. Who gives a fwck. But this incessant green eyed jealousy about their achievements is one of the reasons Everton have struggled over the years. We seemed more concerned about them than us.
Report temple February 5, 2019 8:20 PM GMT
Want us to win...and then beat Liverpool

might think differently if everything was riding on it and it was the last game of the season
Report TheGoldenVision February 6, 2019 5:55 PM GMT
Fear this could be a cricket score tonight.

6 home games left including

City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
United

Burnley at home, Cardiff away, Fulham away, Palace away... our only possible point scorers.

Can we get to that magical 40 points?????
Report Captain carnage February 6, 2019 8:09 PM GMT
`If Liverpool win it, fine. Who gives a fwck.'

Were you born or brought up anywhere near merseyside?
Do you know the histories and politics of the clubs, especially since 1985?

If not then go and do a bit of research and stop embarassing yourself.

It would be a complete disaster for Everton football club and their local fanbase if the Kopites won the league
END OF.
Report Captain carnage February 6, 2019 8:35 PM GMT
Thank the lord for that.

Had my bolokks on city/city.
Report TheGoldenVision February 6, 2019 9:47 PM GMT
I'm arguing with a ****... but I've seen most Everton home games and a shed load of away games since 1962. Don't give me that holier than thou bullsh1t.

People like you have kept the blues in the wilderness for fwcking years.

I don't give a fwck what Liverpool do... I care about what Everton do. Fwck you!
Report Captain carnage February 6, 2019 9:53 PM GMT
Bizarre. Havin followed us since 1962 you still have
no concept of the culture or history our club.

`I don't give a fwck what Liverpool do..'
LMFOA.
Report TheGoldenVision February 6, 2019 9:53 PM GMT
That's it I'm done.

COYB
Report Captain carnage February 6, 2019 9:54 PM GMT
Anyway, good night for the huge majority of blues.

And Silva continues to be a goldmine punting wise.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com