Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
14 Jul 18 20:03
| Topic/replies: 53,449 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
It’s the hot and giddy summer of 2018 when Ingerlaand reunited the country despite coming back home with nowt but pride. Still we caught sight of the finest Maguire since Adrian booted Cool Ground home in the Gold Cup. Worth a cheeky bid Mr Mourinho?

Of course our main targets are  Willian and Toby Alderweireld. Sadly Ed is still knocking on Romans door on the old Kings Road not realising the Russian’s visa is still in the same in tray as Geert Wilders. Meanwhile Barca have made two bids for him. Come on Ed, sort it out my mate.

Meanwhile Levy will still be committing the financial version of waterboarding  Ed until he pays 70m for Toby.

Anybody else coming in at the expense of a few leaving can only be good news.

Most important of all will be seeing a healthy Sir Alex sitting in his seat for the first match of the season #thoughtswithSAF

Big season ahead, can see us challenging for the title if we get the players Mourinho has identified

Love United, still hate the Glazer’s

BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 12, 2018 1:54 PM GMT
I'd agree pete, but I'd say he's failing on both. But ultimately, the best teams have the best players. Managers can motivate, create systems and tactics but if the other team's players can control better, pass sharper, finish more accurately and tackle harder then they've got the edge. Utd's signgings since Fergie left have been very poor overall and Mourinho has been no improvement on the other two numpties.

As for City, they're just too good. Yes, they've spent a lot but they've spent really well. We could get 90 points feasibly this year but the bookies will still have paid out by the end of April.
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 2:23 PM GMT
Anx, I said a while back that I think Matic is playing with a niggle or something. He's been very careless in recent weeks too.

Thought Herrera put us in a lot of trouble too yesterday
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 2:28 PM GMT
PP, its hard to disagree with you tbh.

If i look at the three lists of signings that i posted earlier I see that each manager has signed what look to be some decent players.

However both Pep and Klopp have unearthed players who are playing beyond what they'd displayed at their previous clubs, whereas Mourinho's signings seem to have gone the other way. Its hard not to point the finger at Mourinho for that.

I just think Ed missed a trick by not releasing players and signing others as Mourinho asked. If the situation was still the same there wouldn't be an argument to be had now.
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 2:36 PM GMT
Ed could and should tell Mourinho what sort of a budget he has, ie 50m, and tell him he needs to raise the rest by selling players. i think Mourinho would be delighted with that.

If Ed allowed it, and that's the problem, I could see Mourinho selling the likes of Darmian, Pogba, Rojo, Sanchez and maybe one or two others. I reckon he could raise towards 200m for that lot (laugh if you want Devil )

Basically start again and build his own team.

De Gea, Young, Smalling, Jones, Rashford, Pereira, Lingard, Valencia were at the club when Sir Alex left
Report anxious November 12, 2018 2:55 PM GMT
i see the likes of ederson and walker trying the old mocking tactics saying they could have won by more , and then we have sterling doing his stepovers at the end , all this from a small oil inflated factory and their Abu Dhabi cheerleaders
Report themover November 12, 2018 3:02 PM GMT
Man City 3 Yesterday’s News 1  Grin
Report duffy November 12, 2018 3:14 PM GMT
anxious 12 Nov 18 08:33 
Everybody needs a bit of luck OD , i dont think weve been lucky recently

Disagree, United were lucky yesterday, if city didn't take their foot off the pedal after they scored the first goal they'd have scored half a dozen yesterday.
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 3:19 PM GMT
They didn't take their foot off the pedal last year and paid for it, think they were more wary yesterday.

However good they were, the game was still in the balance until late on. We're getting further behind them with each week though
Report rommel November 12, 2018 3:27 PM GMT
pete how is the game in the balance if youre not troubling the goalie
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 3:38 PM GMT
If you don't think the game is in the balance at 2-1 in a derby then I can't help you romm.

Clearly they were much the better team but they hadn't put it to bed before their third goal.

Last season they were 2-0 up and you would have said they had put it to bed, nevermind it being in the balance.
Report rommel November 12, 2018 3:43 PM GMT
i agree-when the game was live at 2-1 i thought you had a chance,in hindsight if you dont warm the goalies gloves...why do you keep citing last years game ffs,we'd just fckn mauled them at anfield and they had the 2 nd leg coming up
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 3:51 PM GMT
Isn't it better to use an example that just waffle?
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 3:55 PM GMT
City fans will tell you that beating us in front of their fans, and in doing so winning the league title was the biggest game of their history. Even now they mourn that missed opportunity so you better believe they were desperate to win that and the 2nd leg against you lot was another day
Report rommel November 12, 2018 3:56 PM GMT
wheres the waffle,dont blame you for loving the win last season but youve got to nod your cap that it was sandwiched in between 2 massive games for city
Report rommel November 12, 2018 3:57 PM GMT
theyd won the fckn lge in a canter,get a fckn grip
Report duffy November 12, 2018 3:57 PM GMT
City scored the opener and then just kept United at arms reach, whenever they decided to turn it up a notch United were in trouble, the usual way of things is at 2-0, if a team gets it back to 2-1 then you get a momentum shift with one side hanging on and the other pressing, that didn't happen here because as soon as United scored City just took over again and it was just a matter of time before they got the 3rd.

True, it's in the balance at 2-1 because you've always got the chance of a lucky hoof into the box to the likes of Fellaini.
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 4:12 PM GMT
Disagree duffy, for at least 15 mins after we'd made it 2-1 City were uncomfortable to say the least. They certainly didn't just go up a notch, there was definitely the feeling that United's intensity had gone up and City were worried.

Once they'd seen that period off they looked comfortable again. Not saying they didn't have another gear etc but football doesn't always work like that, does it?
Report rommel November 12, 2018 4:58 PM GMT
well not much wrong at your place then pete,carry on
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER November 12, 2018 5:14 PM GMT
I thought after the equalizer you could see city were a little stung and players were arguing with each other fernadino and Mahrez I think passes were misplaced and the city bench were getting a bit irate

Think that’s normal when u look comfortable and then suddenly u concede it wasn’t so much what United created I mean the goal was self inflicted and that probably hurt more

United upped their effort I’d say they had ten minutes where the goal lifted them and deflated city but wasn’t sustainable as city are simply a better side but in the prem a one goal lead is never a garauntee of maximum points till the whistle blows u only have to look at officials decision in other games to realize that
Report mafeking November 12, 2018 5:15 PM GMT
i would say it was uncomfortable for city only in the sense they were in nominal danger of throwing away another 2-0 lead against a vastly inferior side. in reality though united never got close to threatening the city goal
Report anxious November 12, 2018 6:29 PM GMT
Lol how thick are some of these scousers , because of their everlasting bitterness and psychological trauma of 29 years and also Fergie destroying them they now even cheer when their biggest obstacle to challenging for the title wins, how strange is that them cheering for the oil rig
Report anxious November 12, 2018 6:30 PM GMT
truly unreal stuff , bordering on the pathological muppet brains
Report themover November 12, 2018 6:51 PM GMT
You're surprised Liverpool supporters celebrate a United defeat? We're 12 matches into a season, hardly a title decider !
Report degsy42 November 12, 2018 7:03 PM GMT
Call it payback anxious
Report rommel November 12, 2018 7:05 PM GMT
what liverpool fan wouldnt enjoy seeing you fckn shower taking it oop the arsenal for 90 glorious minutes,1 shot,no ideas fight invention spirit,then youve got pete coming on here saying we were in that game,you anx saying youve been unlucky the last few games when youve been outplayed by fckn mugs,why would pogba have made any difference ffs,he doesnt make a diff when he's playing poor teams,love to see the lenses on pete red tinteds,must be 2 feet thick,not mid nov,while jose hasnt launched the towel-he has said he doesnt think youll be relegated,blesssssss him
Report themover November 12, 2018 7:08 PM GMT
I hope Liverpool give you a good stuffing as well Laugh
Report anxious November 12, 2018 7:09 PM GMT
Mover you bitter bertie if the scousers had any claims to want to win the title they would have wanted United to win or draw at least
Report anxious November 12, 2018 7:11 PM GMT
Of course mover i understand thats because you follow a small tinpot oil company , all part of the ABU brigade
Report anxious November 12, 2018 7:13 PM GMT
35 years without a single trophy then received the biggest financial doping in the history of english football
Report rommel November 12, 2018 7:21 PM GMT
anx youve got to join the present,it aint 1996,youre a bit crap,were good,city are good
Report themover November 12, 2018 7:25 PM GMT
oh I wanted you lot to lose every weekend well before we struck oil Laugh
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 7:29 PM GMT
And yet we wanted City to win the league title when it was between them and Liverpool Plain
Report themover November 12, 2018 7:31 PM GMT
That's old rivalries for you
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 7:32 PM GMT
We don’t actually care too much about City, nowt worse than indifference is there?
Report themover November 12, 2018 7:33 PM GMT
I accept that, but you won't find too many Blues cheering United on just because we can now compete a bit.
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 7:33 PM GMT
City are a good team, could win the lot this season. Are they still in the League Cup?
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 7:35 PM GMT
We have no problem with blues giving it large, we weren’t exactly sympathetic during your barren days Grin
Report rommel November 12, 2018 7:37 PM GMT
you shouldve put sterling over the stands when he wuz doing that cerrrap
Report themover November 12, 2018 7:39 PM GMT
exactly!

Yes City are still in the League Cup, got Leicester or Southampton away in the quarters

Highly unlikely to win the lot, would take the PL and League Cup again Happy
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 7:40 PM GMT
“‘We’ would have, the players didn’t
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 7:42 PM GMT
If I was a City fan I’d want my team to put everything into winning the title. I’m pretty sure the owners want the CL and possibly Pep dies too. Although he’s the sort that wants every trophy.
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 7:44 PM GMT
*does*
Report themover November 12, 2018 7:48 PM GMT
The League Cup suits City as the squad is good enough to put out a second string and still get through. Champions League and FA Cup fixtures clash towards the latter stages so you can have a Tuesday Champions league fixture, a Sunday FA Cup fixture, and a Wednesday Champions League, at the same time as trying to win the league. You'd have to be really lucky with the FA Cup draws where you could afford to field a reserve team maybe upto the semi to do it.
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 7:49 PM GMT
Yes we know mover, we still managed to win the three biggest trophies DevilGrin
Report themover November 12, 2018 7:50 PM GMT
Grin
Report pushkin99 November 12, 2018 8:09 PM GMT

Nov 12, 2018 -- 2:33AM, anxious wrote:

Everybody needs a bit of luck OD , i dont think weve been lucky recently

Get real Anx. Or u have been watching different games to everyone else?

Last season yr luck was a massive factor in yr points tally.

If I recall correctly, independant statistical anaysis demonstrated that u were the luckiest team in the premier league, gaining 12 points more than u deserved through 'luck' alone.

Report anxious November 12, 2018 9:17 PM GMT
Yes mover and i wanted you to lose even when you were in your rightful place  division 3
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 9:47 PM GMT
That was only twenty years or so ago anx, mind boggling that they are where they are now. Lots of hard work, lots of luck and about 3 billion pounds I reckon.
Report Solano1 November 12, 2018 9:49 PM GMT
Sponsorship, Pete.
Good evening, by the way.
Report pushkin99 November 12, 2018 10:00 PM GMT
I think it really sums up our rivalry when Liverpool fans celebrate a City win even when that significantly reduces our chances of winning the league (however vanishingly small that is in reality).

What a shame that vacuous saps such as petertheseethe now have to pretend about feigning interest in where his team are in the premier league, and that his team has a much greater chance of relegation than actually winning the league. And its still only NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report themover November 12, 2018 10:26 PM GMT
Yes, it took 10 years and £1 billion to get on a level playing field with the "elite" clubs, or surpass them, depending on your view. Good luck to any other owners out there wishing to invest in a football club and join the party Grin
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 10:27 PM GMT
Evening Sol, nice to see your lads trying to stay up
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 10:30 PM GMT
United have spent the money mover but the difference is that they have generated the income.

If the authorities really go after City I think they will uncover a whole multitude of lies and fraud. No doubt they have been lying about spend
Report Solano1 November 12, 2018 10:34 PM GMT
Aye, the dizzy heights of three unbeaten.
Report themover November 12, 2018 10:35 PM GMT
No problem with that but doesn't mean it should remain a closed group for eternity. If an owner wants to put his/her money into a football club, cricket club, rugby club etc. I don't think they should be dissuaded from doing so just because some clubs have generated it themselves.
Report anxious November 12, 2018 10:37 PM GMT
Its a bit like the royal family buying Arsenal or something like that , im sure that would go down well, it is a ridiculous situation plus its bent as a ten bob note probably
Report anxious November 12, 2018 10:38 PM GMT
And just too make its a five minutes away from where i live Cry
Report themover November 12, 2018 10:38 PM GMT
should that apply to horse racing, and any other sports?
Report anxious November 12, 2018 10:38 PM GMT
it worse
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 10:39 PM GMT
This ditty doing the rounds from a United fanzine:

The Berties told such dreadful lies,
It made one gasp and stretch one's eyes.
How Bell was better than George Best
The City tattoo on Scholes’ chest
The tallest floodlights and superb support..
But when the Arabs came and bought
The club, it went from bad to worse.
Thanks to the owners’ bottomless purse
Deriving from their Sovereign wealth.
They began to buy success by stealth
By-passing UEFA’s financial rules
(And giving tickets free to schools)
“We need a way to hide our losses”
Said the Blues beleaguered bosses
They’ll never guess – they’re all incompetents
Let’s buy some clubs in other continents
And charge them an inflated price
For “services”. Come! Let’s bill them twice!
As for the players and the first team coach
Let’s try a different approach
We’ll pay their “normal” wage each month
But double it with extra bunce
To give them unsurpassable amounts
From secret overseas accounts.
As for “sponsors” - they’re all on board!
They’ll pay more than they can afford
The extra cash they can recoup
From the Abu Dhabi Investment Group
This web of lies and snide deceit
Will buy a team none can defeat
And if anyone says we are duplicitous
They’ll get a writ from our solicitors
Report Solano1 November 12, 2018 10:39 PM GMT
W.R.T. the Royal Family, yes.
Sponging **** should get a job each.
Report anxious November 12, 2018 10:41 PM GMT
Like i said a tinpot oil company
Report themover November 12, 2018 10:44 PM GMT
So you would like to stop any member of a royal family investing in anything to do with sport, or any investment whatsoever?
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 10:44 PM GMT
No problem re anybody buying a club mover but fir a long time the figures haven’t stacked up and at some stage the truth will come out.

I don’t know enough about it tbh, hopefully Pandy will come on here and tell us exactly what they’ve done and how they’ve got away with it. At ,east up to now.
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 10:44 PM GMT
*least*
Report themover November 12, 2018 10:46 PM GMT
As far as I know there's only accusations from a magazine in Germany. I think I'll wait for UEFA to decide if they've broken any rules, bearing in mind City were already fined in 2014 for the period the magazine was referring to.
Report Solano1 November 12, 2018 10:50 PM GMT
Yes, I would.
Cos it is effectively our taxes.
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 10:50 PM GMT
I’m not one of those who has a problem with how much City have spent or the billions invested into the restructuring of the football club.

As long as it all complies with the regulations there is no problem.

We were against the Glazer’s for many reasons, particularly the way they borrowed so much against the club to buy the club but we’d also be against somebody hugely rich who might want to take over the club.

For most of these owners the clubs are either a get rich concept or a plaything for them.

Talking of which, I read that Liverpool’s owners are covertly looking for somebody to make them a big offer. No idea whether it’s true.
Report Solano1 November 12, 2018 10:52 PM GMT
Apologies - I thought you said 'the Royal family' rather than 'a Royal family'.
No idea if it is the same overseas but when people are dying on the streets without a meal and Lizzie gets a pay rise it's just not right.
Report themover November 12, 2018 10:54 PM GMT
These regulations are made by the clubs protecting their elite status and UEFA have changed the rules whenever possible to suit them, e.g when a new cash input became a possibility for AC Milan FFP was miraculously slackened. The same regulations that have no problem with Manchester United having the largest debt in world football.
Report ufcdan November 12, 2018 10:55 PM GMT
So A royal family can invest but not the Royal family Crazy
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 10:56 PM GMT
The problem is that United’s valuation is so high that it’s impossible for the fans to buy back the club or a local United fan to come in and take it on.

When we tried to force the Glazer’s out they wouldn’t be swayed by the money we raised and the value has quadrupled now, at least.

Football has changed in numerous ways and much as we hate it, we just have to accept it.
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 10:58 PM GMT
Evening dan, talking of playthings, is Roman back in the smoke?
Report ufcdan November 12, 2018 10:59 PM GMT
No idea mate, anyway he got his money with his second job stacking shelves
Report ufcdan November 12, 2018 11:01 PM GMT
Your only jealous, he took a skint club and bought it outright unlike you lot who were rich and our now skint because you were financed...............bl00dy Yanks LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughWink
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 11:03 PM GMT
Laugh
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 11:04 PM GMT
All the money you took
From the big Russian crook
And you’ll never win three in a row......
Report Solano1 November 12, 2018 11:04 PM GMT
How do you feel about homeless ex-servicemen dying on the streets, Dan, when Lizzie is awarded £1.2m to replace the doors on the Orangery?
Report themover November 12, 2018 11:06 PM GMT
I'd be more livid as a fan seeing owners take £50m a year in interest and dividends out of a club than an owner who "allegedly" might have done some create paperwork to put some money in Plain
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 11:06 PM GMT
You tell him Sol. The Tories are a disgrace
Report ufcdan November 12, 2018 11:08 PM GMT
Not particularly good Sol but not that this is the place for this but I find it more abhorrent that we ringfenced Foriegn aid and give aid to countries like Pakistan 105 million this year. Can't look after their own citizens but can find the money to take delivery of eight submarines from China Crazy
Report ufcdan November 12, 2018 11:09 PM GMT
Probably have to agree Pete but I'll take them all day long over Corbyn and McDonnell
Report Solano1 November 12, 2018 11:11 PM GMT
Fair enough re not the place.
We'd never agree on it anyway. Happy
Re foreign aid, if Dolph was ere, he'd tell you to follow the money......
& he'd have been there or thereabouts.

Where is he anyway, Pete?
Not even a mug bet thread to get stuck into.
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 11:11 PM GMT
Clearly we are livid, United fans went to New York to have a ‘talk’ with Uncle Malcolm, we had the green and yellow demos, we organised protests all over the place, tens of thousands of United fans handed back their season tickets and memberships. Many of those fans haven’t returned,

A new club F.C. was formed and is still going strong. We raised and had commitments of around one billion pounds to buy the club back from the Glazer’s.

So yes you can say we were a little bit livid mover.
Report Solano1 November 12, 2018 11:13 PM GMT
Got a lot of prawn sandwiches when he turned you down though.
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 11:14 PM GMT
Dolph will be back on when he can Sol, he’s got some family issues that he needs to deal with. Think he looks in from time to time but too busy at the moment.

Good luck dolph, hope things getting better my mate.
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 11:16 PM GMT
Not heard from tick for ages either, suspect he’s spending the winter in Cyprus or Strangeways. Toss of a coin imo
Report Solano1 November 12, 2018 11:16 PM GMT
OK, pass on my best if you speak with him.
Report ufcdan November 12, 2018 11:16 PM GMT
Don't know the circumstances dolph but whatever it is wish you well mate
Report ufcdan November 12, 2018 11:17 PM GMT
Something we all agree on that's a first Wink
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 11:18 PM GMT
Yep, will do Sol
Report ufcdan November 12, 2018 11:19 PM GMT
Right comrades I'm off to bed Wink
Report peter the butcher November 12, 2018 11:19 PM GMT
Cheers dan
Report Solano1 November 12, 2018 11:20 PM GMT
Comrade?  FOYTC.
Report ufcdan November 12, 2018 11:21 PM GMT
Anger issues Sol Laugh
Report themover November 12, 2018 11:22 PM GMT
UEFA got around the debt issue in clubs like United, Real, Barca by allowing "sustainable" debt. This was based on turnover and nothing to do with profit. So a club could lose millions a year but that was ok if there turnover was high enough. UEFA initially restricted owner investment and eased it in 2015 (AC Milan when the Qatari's expressed an interest). Platini at the time :

Uefa president Michel Platini has revealed that some of the rules will be "eased" - and the lawyer leading one of the legal challenges against the FFP system has responded by welcoming the move.

Platini told French radio station RTL: "The world is two-faced but we will say this openly: I think we'll ease things, but it will be the executive committee who will decide if it is to be eased or something like that, and the outcome will be known by the end of June."

It is indeed Mr Platini Wink
Report skygreenzone November 13, 2018 6:22 PM GMT
If mata and herrera get knew contracts then we truly are going knowhere get rid and sign ambitious players time to rebuild not give average ageing players new contracts.
Report skygreenzone November 13, 2018 6:28 PM GMT
I used be good at spelling.
Report peter the butcher November 13, 2018 6:52 PM GMT
Agreed but the club will normally safeguard their assets by giving younger  players contracts to later get a transfer fee for them. Unless they don’t want them and have been stuck with them as they won’t move.
Report skygreenzone November 13, 2018 10:31 PM GMT
And there lies the problem the club should be about winning trophies not money.We generate money worldwide for the way we played,Last minute goals,attacking style.We will look back in years to come and think were did it all go wrong,noels probably pissing himself with laughter.But glaziers boys get a grip eh.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now