Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
14 Jul 18 20:03
| Topic/replies: 7,202 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
It’s the hot and giddy summer of 2018 when Ingerlaand reunited the country despite coming back home with nowt but pride. Still we caught sight of the finest Maguire since Adrian booted Cool Ground home in the Gold Cup. Worth a cheeky bid Mr Mourinho?

Of course our main targets are  Willian and Toby Alderweireld. Sadly Ed is still knocking on Romans door on the old Kings Road not realising the Russian’s visa is still in the same in tray as Geert Wilders. Meanwhile Barca have made two bids for him. Come on Ed, sort it out my mate.

Meanwhile Levy will still be committing the financial version of waterboarding  Ed until he pays 70m for Toby.

Anybody else coming in at the expense of a few leaving can only be good news.

Most important of all will be seeing a healthy Sir Alex sitting in his seat for the first match of the season #thoughtswithSAF

Big season ahead, can see us challenging for the title if we get the players Mourinho has identified

Love United, still hate the Glazer’s

BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report sofiakenny February 12, 2019 11:01 PM GMT
out thought ..outplayed..wow we are way off being a top team..but we are honest and realise it doesnt happen overnight
well played psg..hope you win it.
Report Charlton2005 February 12, 2019 11:05 PM GMT
anxious
Date Joined: 14 May 15
Add contact | Send message
12 Feb 19 23:00
Joined: 14 May 15 | Topic/replies: 27,103 | Blogger: anxious's blog
Charlton we dont think we are going to emulate fergie , we know that is history that doesnt mean to say we cant be succesful again

fair play Anx. I think you and Peter and others do think that. It was in the early days on here after SAF retired that that arrogant t1t pandorica was going on about "we are man utd, and we deserve to be the best".
Report rommel February 12, 2019 11:06 PM GMT
anxious • February 12, 2019 10:52 PM GMT
was not a schooling at all , they got the first goal we lost 2 of our top forwards, before that the game was scrappy this was the problem
Report rommel February 12, 2019 11:09 PM GMT
this time next year people will still be talking about-will pogba ever step up,he's not a kid any more
Report rommel February 12, 2019 11:10 PM GMT
if thats your honest opinion anx fair enough,think youre a long way off psg
Report TheBetterBettor February 12, 2019 11:17 PM GMT
Charlton2005

For someone who could've picked RobbieFowlerIsGod or KennysDream when deciding on his username. Decided to go for Charlton2005, especially in the same year as Liverpool winning the Champions League....all sounds like a big F'ck to me.
Report TheBetterBettor February 12, 2019 11:18 PM GMT
*F'ck up
Report duffy February 13, 2019 2:11 AM GMT
Tonight has no bearing on what OGS has done, he has come in and got the team playing to their maximum, that means rolling over the likes of Fulham and Cardiff, Bournemouth and Newcastle, it even means putting on decent displays and beating Spurs and Arsenal.

What it doesn't mean is dining at the top table of European football or winning the EPL, tonight simply brought that into sharp focus.

What the board need to decide going forward is whether OGS is the man they want to hand a lorry load of cash to in order to try and get United to compete in Europe and to challenge for the title, United are way short at that level atm.

He wouldn't be for me and I've said that all along, he may be a legend to us but we can't live in that cuddly wuddly world all the time, he doesn't have the stature on a wider stage, he's not impressive, he doesn't come across as a leader to me.
Report grumpyjim February 13, 2019 6:20 AM GMT
in a day after reality .. can always see whats ahead if anything ..
PSG have moved onwards and upwards since i last saw them .. played superior to us  and deserved the rather simple win . 
OGS  now nearer to reality .. of what he has .. DE GEA  managed to keep the score to a sensible level ..   the goal six inches above his head and between his arms  would have knocked him for six had he got anything on it .. What a hard shot that was ..  ..Failed mostly with over rated players .. discipline .. out window at bits .. adding to the sufferance ..  MAN OFF ... AND TOO MANY CARDS    HERRERA normal rather rash challenges ..
concentrate on his game rather than hard man  issue .. will help him ..  SKILL  .?
Report n88uk February 13, 2019 11:01 AM GMT
Paying really for the transfer policy of just buying anyone rather than what we need and players to fit a system. Squad is so thin to fit the system we're trying to play. Sanchez needs to be moved on, just looks plain finished to me.

Did think we shouldn't have brought Mata on at HT. Bring on Lukaku and move Rashford out wide still leaves some threat of pace and Lukaku might have actually won headers from the many crosses we put in. Once we made those HT subs we lost all pace and ability to press from the front and in the second half were just totally outclassed if we're honest.

Going to come down to the boards desire. The squad needs a lot of spending, but I never know with out board if they're just happy with top 4 finishes and don't really care about competing. Ironically it could mean coming 4th would make them less likely to spend a truck load than finishing 4th will.
Report n88uk February 13, 2019 11:04 AM GMT
Main issues this summer really should be:

RW
CM
RB
LB
CB

All need a lot more quality. You're gonna struggle to find 5 quality players in the current market though in 1 window, it would cost like £250m.
Report rommel February 13, 2019 11:33 AM GMT
utd and most of the english game is built on sand,utd wage bill is bigger than psg's(sanchez should wear a striped shirt and have a swag bag),youve paid 1st tier money for 2nd.3rd raters-lukaku,yet to be convinced by rashford at this level,stop moaning about the ref
Report the_don February 13, 2019 11:49 AM GMT
I'd say the starting XI from last night are up to standard, some as first choice, some as squad players. Most if not all of the rest should be replaced, although that's far too big a job to do quickly.

Decide on a style and how we want to play and sign players accordingly. If its a style based on pace and moving the ball quickly then go with that.

I'd worry that if we make top 4 the board will be happy with that, appoint Solskjaer on the cheap and spend little money on new players.
Report rommel February 13, 2019 11:55 AM GMT
lukaku,pogba*
Report rommel February 13, 2019 12:15 PM GMT
shouldve been a straight red for pogba
Report OnePercenter February 13, 2019 1:00 PM GMT
Like the gloating.

The club's owners now need to take proper stock. Where we are, where their ambitions lie.

Have done that they need the bones of a plan.

They should have by now appointed a DoF and he should have identified a new manager. That manager should give the board a list of players to recruit this summer.
Report rommel February 13, 2019 1:16 PM GMT
any of it wrong?utd didnt create much,psg created a lot and took their foot off the gas too
Report peter the butcher February 13, 2019 2:55 PM GMT
Don't think we learned anything we didn't already know. They were much better than us but we knew that beforehand. The first goal was always going be dictate and we thought we might struggle if they got it, they did and we were lucky to escape a hiding. Solskjaer can only work with what he's got and out of the squad I'd say there are five or six who are first eleven material, 5-6 who we need to get shot of immediately and the rest are good squad players.
Report dr . atkins February 13, 2019 3:20 PM GMT
they pushed up once mata and sanchez came on had no pace up front thought pogba went missing
Report grumpyjim February 13, 2019 3:49 PM GMT
best 2 months in 6 years ..  ..all we knew all the time was correct .. some stunning .. Players we bought into .. and some even past sell by date ..  MANAGERS ..  ..Sums it up .. not nearly what we must   AIM FOR IN FUTURE ..   Being UNITED  no easy buys  ,.. SKY IS THE LIMIT  .. ??    DIFFICULT TO MATCH THE OIL RIGS ..  etc ..   .. WITH DINERO       HARDENED LEAVERS THAT ARE WALKING AWAY .. WHO NEED REJUVINATED ..  might be best avenue .  ..    As before at that level  well off the required .. FORM TO TAKE PART .   Will our man on day release be let go .. soon . ??as season draws to a close ..
Pogba .. lost plot once more .. missing now as well .. unfortunately not his best moments in a game .. for new Buyers ..
Report grumpyjim February 13, 2019 3:54 PM GMT
PSG ..  had a tremendous night at our  Expense .. no more to say .. .. Tails tucked away ...yet again .. as we buckled .. and got rings run round us ..  Glad when it finished ..
Report grumpyjim February 13, 2019 3:56 PM GMT
the work was got out of a round thing ..   very good show .. Make ball do the hard bit ..  ?
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 13, 2019 3:57 PM GMT
Think the second leg might tell u more
Report duffy February 13, 2019 4:33 PM GMT
If there is someone at the club who thinks it's smart business handing Jones another 5 years then there are some serious problems and it points to them keeping Solsjaer, they couldn't have made that move without consulting a new man coming in.
Report pushkin99 February 13, 2019 10:20 PM GMT
Didn't see any of yr game last night for obvious reasons. Any take on why yuse were bottling yr ex-players? Does this always happen when an ex-player returns to yr place?

Been widely reported there was a lot of fighting inside yr ground too. What was all that about? When PSG came to Anfield, their fans were amazing. The best away fans I have in many a year, very passionate and never stopped singing the whole game, before and after. What did yuse do to upset them?

No doubt psycho - aka 1% pea brain - will be on soon blaming Scousers for all this trouble.
Report Ahoy 1982 February 14, 2019 1:55 AM GMT
1.01 shot landed!!
Report peter the butcher February 14, 2019 9:38 AM GMT
Ahoy Laugh
Report sj February 14, 2019 10:42 AM GMT
being a Chelsea fan that last line(of pushkin's) did make me laugh. Sometimes people just keep on giving
Report grumpyjim February 14, 2019 1:33 PM GMT
very few top players would SHUN  the RED SHIRT OF UNITED .  at sensible money .   NOT A DAFT DEAL   THAT HAS TO BE EARNED ...Time for a ...... REALITY CHECK  .  Must come soon as T.V.  money slows down ..
PSG  better drilled operation on Tuesday ..   than I credited them with .. But other side of coin ..  was thinking we just might be slightly better now    than past 6 .. long years ..
Called it wrong due to skill and ability .. not near what is Required .. for the    place  at the top  TABLE  ..   onwards we stumble  . into end of season ..   .NOW WHAT WILL THAT BRING .. LEARNED ANYTHING  ?
more ????? marks.....to address   HEAD ON PLEASE  ..
Report peter the butcher February 14, 2019 1:59 PM GMT

Feb 14, 2019 -- 4:42AM, sj wrote:

being a Chelsea fan that last line(of pushkin's) did make me laugh. Sometimes people just keep on giving

Lol sj, it will be lost on him too.Laugh

Report rommel February 14, 2019 2:06 PM GMT
gotta love ole,hes on board-"were manchester united",slide oot the last 16 of the cl without a whimper,but just keep saying "were manchester united" and we'll be fine
Report themover February 14, 2019 2:16 PM GMT
grumpyjim • February 14, 2019 1:33 PM GMT
very few top players would SHUN  the RED SHIRT OF UNITED .

Here's a few that have recently :

Hummels

"“The overall package means: a club which fascinates me; a club I have always wanted to join, and where the sporting constellation is right, and which of course plays Champions League football next season."

Varane

“It’s not easy to say ‘no’ to Jose Mourinho,” said Varane, when he did just that in 2016.

N'Golo Kante

“It was amazing to have Mourinho call me, even though I’d been warned before how he would appeal to me,”” Kante said.

“I listened to his arguments about why I should move to United, but at that time I was hesitant between staying at Leicester or leaving for Chelsea.

Renato Sanches

“I arrived late,” Mourinho told Portuguese TV after the Community Shield. “I signed in May, we started talking a week before, but completely out of the process. If I had arrived earlier, I’d fight for him.

“Manchester United watched Renato many times and maybe I did it even more.”

Breel Embolo

“In the winter a few requests came. It’s clear that clubs become alert when a young player does not play.

“Not once (had he considered leaving). I have found a family club with Schalke, in which football is lived. When I was hurt I had so much support, was purposefully and gently reintroduced.”

Willian

“Manchester came to me, they talked with my agent, but nothing happened, because Chelsea would not negotiate me in any way and I’m very happy at Chelsea.”

Neymar

“A lot of conversations with the player, telling him he wanted to bring him from Barcelona to the Premier League – and Neymar encouraged that.

“But they were blown out of the water by PSG in terms of scale of salary and obviously the willingness to pay the release cause.

Antoine Griezmann

“I have stayed mainly because of the transfer ban. Atletico needed me now more than ever and I felt I had to stay. It would be dirty to leave. I wouldn’t have been myself, or the person that I feel I am today, if I had left this club in that way.”

Alvaro Morata

“Morata is a Real Madrid player. Madrid made a decision and we didn’t reach an agreement with them. It is simple. It is a shame.

“He is a player who made it to the first team with me. We have a special liking for him, he is someone special. I enjoyed seeing his growth at Juventus and Madrid.

“It is like that. I don’t think he can end with us.” Morata joined Chelsea a week later.

Gareth Bale

Various reasons!

Ivan Perisic

This summer’s interest was reported to be dead as Inter inflated the 29-year-old’s price following the tournament.

Justin Kluivert

“I have heard the rumours but I haven’t spoken to Mourinho, a move to Manchester United wouldn’t make sense, for now,” he told Dutch media in early 2018, before joining Roma in the summer.

Harry Maguire

“Leicester have been unbelievable to me and I’m really happy there but I’m also an ambitious player and everyone wants to play at the top.”
Report peter the butcher February 14, 2019 2:33 PM GMT
City with the best team they've ever had, yet City fans just want to talk about United, desperately trying to get one over them even when United are as poor as they've been for many a year. At least everybody knows who United are mover DevilLaugh
Report Can't Catch Me February 14, 2019 2:38 PM GMT
Afternoon Pete... flew home from Munich last week and there was a big group of your lads on board. Looked like they'd been enjoying themselves the night before to say the least!
Report dr . atkins February 14, 2019 3:03 PM GMT
19.6 million compo for jose and staff ShockedShocked
Report OnePercenter February 14, 2019 3:07 PM GMT
Even without Lingard & Martial we should able to beat Chelsea.

The question is who would replace them should they not recover in time.

If should be Sanchez and Lukaku but neither has been in any kind of form.

Are any of the youngsters ready to start against Chelsea?

How about young back on the wing?
Report the_don February 14, 2019 3:08 PM GMT
Very sad news about the death of Eric Harrison, played an unseen but major part in our success under Fergie with his work with so many of the younger players, Class of 92 etc.
Report dr . atkins February 14, 2019 3:14 PM GMT
lol onepercenter who do you think you are psg
Report OnePercenter February 14, 2019 3:17 PM GMT
No one should confuse themover with a city fan.

If he were a city fan he'd post about his team here but he only does that when reminded he never posts about them.

He claims he has posted regularly on the Bluemoon for years and years but won't share his nick there.

themover is a troll plain and simple. He only pretends to be a city fan to exercise bragging rights over United fans.
Report jedi sophie February 14, 2019 6:23 PM GMT
How can you possibly endorse OGS for manager when it looks like he has actually endorsed new longterm bumper deals for Smalling and Jones. And also an additional deal for Young.
None are up to the job. Certainly none are World class and never will be either.
Martial looks great then disappears for a month too. Again longterm deal.

Not a worried Liverpool fan with that progress.ExcitedLaugh

Compare that to ours who are tied up ,long term, and I'll sleep easy thanks. Give him the job....
Report OnePercenter February 14, 2019 9:44 PM GMT
Zzzzzzzzzz.

If there is one thing Woodward and the Glaziers know it is how to turn a coin.

Poo fans need to understand money means nothing at OT. There is always another massive pile hanging around somewhere and no matter how much Dippers complain about the debt United can and do financially compete with mega rich club's such as City & PSG.
Report degsy42 February 14, 2019 9:52 PM GMT
shirts sales innit bro
Report jedi sophie February 14, 2019 9:57 PM GMT
Lost me completely OP.
Off on a tangent.
You mean resigning Jones a financial decision?
Lol.LaughHappy
Report OnePercenter February 14, 2019 10:04 PM GMT
Don't resign Jones he goes for zero.

Resign Jones maybe you get £10m from Everton.

Why not text Woodward & the Glaziers and offer them the benefit of your huge financial experience?
Report jedi sophie February 14, 2019 10:06 PM GMT
Wishful thinking OP.
I Like it.
Wheres the profit if your paying him 150k a week?
Even 100k.
Hmmmmm,let me think?
Report OnePercenter February 14, 2019 10:07 PM GMT
NoBrain42 can you tell us why you belittle a club's fans who are not local but worship a club's players when they are from the other side of the world?

I'm sort of guessing you can't cause we know you are a little thick.
Report OnePercenter February 14, 2019 10:10 PM GMT
Jedi are you privy to Jones's contract details. Please spill us the beans!

How much is he getting a week?

How much is appearance money?

How much is imagine rights?

Thanks in advance.
Report jedi sophie February 14, 2019 10:12 PM GMT
You're the fella that started plucking figures from the air OP.?
Agreed?

Clearly not...not sure of your point,again...
Report jedi sophie February 14, 2019 10:14 PM GMT
Your point is they gave him a 5 year contract in the hope of receiving 10m from someone down the road.
Tosh.

I suggest even if do they still wont turn a profit unless sell in first year.

Someone thinks hes good enough and will play.  Ogs surely.
Report degsy42 February 14, 2019 10:35 PM GMT
1p in ‘ i havent got a clue what im on about ‘ shocker
Report pushkin99 February 14, 2019 10:44 PM GMT
Didn't see any of yr game on tuesday, for obvious reasons. Any take on why yuse were bottling yr ex-players? Does this always happen when an ex-player returns to yr place?

Been widely reported there was a lot of fighting inside yr ground too. What was all that about? When PSG came to Anfield, their fans were amazing. The best away fans I have in many a year, very passionate and never stopped singing the whole game, before and after. What did yuse do to upset them?

No doubt psycho - aka 1% pea brain - will be on soon blaming Scousers for all this trouble.
Report pushkin99 February 14, 2019 10:45 PM GMT
Amazing that there are deluded saps on here who think u can unload Sanchez just like that, for a fee.................
Report pushkin99 February 14, 2019 10:46 PM GMT
sanchez is the most expensive free transfer in the history of footie, so expensive in fact that City, backed by vast oil wealth, could not afford him.
Report pushkin99 February 14, 2019 10:51 PM GMT
Minas Riola took yr club for a ride. Twicew. Maybe even Thrice.

At around £450k a week in wages (and appearance fees) who is going to want to pay any transfer fee for a play who is clearly on the escalator going down down and down.

The best u can hope for is to give a mug club, such as Everton, say £20M to take Sanchez, and then continue to pay circa £300k a week towards Sanchez's wages.

Else I really don't see how it is possible for u to offload Sanchez.....................................
Report grumpyjim February 14, 2019 11:18 PM GMT
spurs paying into a new stadium ,.    United paying into just a few  hard nosed underperforming pro s ..  All MONEY from T.V.  .. 750 million fans in our wide area ..   1 BILLION  in china   1 BILLION IN ASIA ..  we are fodder ..  for   GOGGLE BOXES ..    . AND SHIRT SELLERS ..  ..
Report anxious February 14, 2019 11:33 PM GMT
Sad news about eric harrison today RIP, played a big part in with fergie and brian kidd in taking us to the top of english football and overtaking mersey port and sending them on a 29 year losing run
Report degsy42 February 14, 2019 11:40 PM GMT
thought youd be on qt chit chat lad standing up for yer lefty bird
Report pushkin99 February 14, 2019 11:46 PM GMT
so, the questions remains, who are the deluded saps on here who think u can unload the failure Sanchez, and get a fee from selling this abysmal abject and expensive complete waste of money?

and remember manure plastics, every week Sanchez is on yr books, he is draining yr club of £450k/week......................
Report pushkin99 February 14, 2019 11:47 PM GMT
and he is contracted to u for the next 4 years.......................Sanchez aint daft. The boy is going nowhere.............
Report anxious February 15, 2019 12:02 AM GMT
lol Manchester United are not a plastic club or an oil factory that is for sure , 20 , 29/29 Cool
Report DeSSieReborn February 15, 2019 12:19 AM GMT
dr . atkins • February 14, 2019 3:03 PM GMT
19.6 million compo for jose and staff

Cheap at the price
Report OnePercenter February 16, 2019 11:52 AM GMT
jedi sophie
You mean resigning Jones a financial decision?
Lol

You think it's good business to let a player worth £10m+ walk out the door on s free transfer?
Report PorcupineorPineapple February 16, 2019 12:18 PM GMT
If he refuses to leave before it ends and isn't worth the money the club would give him then it's the least bad bit of business surely. Should Chelsea have offered Reiziger a new deal when it was close to expiring?
Report OnePercenter February 16, 2019 12:29 PM GMT
Even though Jedi Sophie reckons he's on a bumper deal no one here know anything other than it's a standard 4 year contract with an option to extend it by 12 months.

The Glazers and Woodward didn't get rich by throwing money away.
Report OnePercenter February 16, 2019 12:31 PM GMT
The next manager has the option keep or sell.

Without the new contract they wouldn't have had the sell option.
Report themover February 16, 2019 12:33 PM GMT

Feb 14, 2019 -- 6:02PM, anxious wrote:

lol Manchester United are not a plastic club or an oil factory that is for sure , 20 , 29/29

Laugh like a broken record

Report OnePercenter February 16, 2019 12:51 PM GMT
From The Guardian...

Manchester City

Owned by Abu Dhabi United Group Investment and Development.
Value of club £1.9bn (5th)
Turnover £503.5m (5th)
Net profit/loss £10.4m profit (2017-18)

Partners: All things Abu Dhabi, including their shirt and stadium sponsor Etihad Airways, plus tourism organisation Visit Abu Dhabi. The city is the capital of the United Arab Emirates, which is taking part in the Saudi-led military action in Yemen, where thousands of civilians have been killed. The country has also faced criticism over multiple human rights and civil liberties issues. The club has refused to give Uefa answers on new questions, based on documents exposed by Der Spiegel magazine, relating to whether it has breached financial fair play regulations relating to transfers and the true market value of Abu Dhabi sponsorship deals, a key component of the club’s £218m in commercial revenue
Report themover February 16, 2019 12:53 PM GMT
are you a fan of FFP ?
Report themover February 16, 2019 12:59 PM GMT
The period Der Spiegel referred to was the period for which UEFA have already investigated and fined City for. If UEFA want to investigate further, based on so called new information then they are within their rights to do so. No actual investigation of the club is understood to have begun.
Report themover February 16, 2019 1:00 PM GMT
City’s only statement since the allegations was: “We will not be providing any comment on out of context materials purportedly hacked or stolen from City Football Group and Manchester City personnel and associated people. The attempt to damage the club’s reputation is organised and clear.”
Report OnePercenter February 16, 2019 1:02 PM GMT
I'm more a fan of people not being bombed on a daily basis by evil dictators.
Report themover February 16, 2019 1:09 PM GMT
Your owners are American I believe Laugh
Report OnePercenter February 16, 2019 1:24 PM GMT
As far as I know none of the Glazers has input into American military action.

Can the same be said for HH Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan bin Zayed bin Khalifa Al Nahyan the Deputy Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates?
Report peter the butcher February 17, 2019 11:33 AM GMT
Injuries at the worst time with big matches coming up. Martial and Lingard important players for Solskjaer's system, both out until next month.
Report peter the butcher February 17, 2019 11:40 AM GMT
The bookies have us favourites to be out of the FA Cup and CL and not in the top four after the next three weeks. Clearly going to be difficult to turn it around in Paris but the game at the Bridge tomorrow isn't a gimme for Chelsea. The first goal will be hugely important.

We've won at Juventus, Spurs and Arsenal this season so let's go there with confidence. Whatever happens, happens.
Report anxious February 17, 2019 12:05 PM GMT
unfotunate that peter regarding lingard and martial , think solksjaeer said that he was going to use mason lingard but he too got injured
Report anxious February 17, 2019 12:05 PM GMT
mason greenwood rather
Report peter the butcher February 17, 2019 12:19 PM GMT
Yes, its come at a bad time anx
Report peter the butcher February 17, 2019 12:21 PM GMT
Tomorrow night will be difficult, how often do we come unstuck at Chelsea? If we can get that first goal it will hopefully give us a chance to pick them off on the break.

Not sure how fit Sanchez is? He was hobbling a bit during that PSG game. We've already lost two quick players
Report grumpyjim February 17, 2019 12:35 PM GMT
NO Depth in players for the occasion .. Adaptable ..   and great in any position ..  all great teams had answer   you are looking for Peter .  ..
you travel tomorrow  for away game .. ? ..DIFFICULT MEANS WORK HARDER THATS ALL .  Sanchez is a case best closed and  sold on or a deal  with  him to relieve the pain .. ?? NO time to waste any more     he hasnt done a JOB   end of . no more . .. TIME FOR new ideas on staff .. is top of the wish list ..
Report OnePercenter February 17, 2019 12:57 PM GMT
Lukaku and Sanchez are both very senior internationals are they have to step up big time tomorrow. If they can't then they need to be offload asap.
Report grumpyjim February 17, 2019 1:12 PM GMT
I F OGS..  . gets the ticket . with his strong MAN PHELAN ..    he will listen to SAF     ?? as it appears the FUTURE IS .. INCLUDING THEM ..   HAPPY  with that .. BUT  ....need to up the staff a good few NOTCHES  as few get any sort of mark for the Higher ECHELONS OF THE GAME    .. NO MORE Inmates ruling the  dressing room .
Report peter the butcher February 17, 2019 1:41 PM GMT
Jim, yes we are setting off tomorrow morning for Chelsea. Just hope it doesn't go to penalties as that will mean missing the last train back to Manchester. Will have to kip at the station unless we can blag our way onto a coach, everybody will be trying to do that though.

Nice of the FA to think of the fans when they schedule the match for a Monday night, eh?

Wouldn't mind but I'm not even certain of getting in, haven't got a ticket but hoping to pick one up down there.

dan isn't around to buy me a curry either Sad
Report peter the butcher February 17, 2019 1:42 PM GMT
6000 United fans will be at the Bridge tomorrow night
Report anxious February 17, 2019 1:47 PM GMT
lingard and martial arrive at carrington ahead of training apparently , maybe just tagging them along
Report peter the butcher February 17, 2019 2:12 PM GMT
Interesting, would be amazed if either of them played. Too risky surely? Unless Solskjaer is putting all his eggs into the FA Cup basket?
Report the_don February 17, 2019 2:57 PM GMT
Both injuries looked like strains which you'd think (and Solskjaer said?) would mean weeks out rather than days. Both rely on quick movement/pace so I'd be amazed if either played for a couple of weeks at least.

Shame about Greenwood as I think he'd have featured in some way tomorrow - I doubt any of the youngsters will be blooded against Liverpool and we'll have players back after that.

Lukaku to start and Rashford back out wide would be the obvious choice unless Solskjaer has something up his sleeve again?

Mata did a good job on Jorginho in the league game, a tactic other teams have used with success. I'm sure Lingard would have had that role if fit
Report peter the butcher February 17, 2019 3:56 PM GMT
yep agree with all that don. Lukaku has a lot to prove now, he slows us down and his first touch isn't great. Good chance for him to redeem himself.
Report HGS February 17, 2019 8:19 PM GMT
Would be you buying the curry Pete!
Report sofiakenny February 17, 2019 10:15 PM GMT
Sarri fighting for his life..Oly..another chance for the job.
Report peter the butcher February 18, 2019 11:36 AM GMT
Shhhhh HGS Grin
Report peter the butcher February 18, 2019 11:37 AM GMT
Shhhhh HGS Grin
Report duffy February 18, 2019 4:51 PM GMT
Goes without saying what a big game tonight is for both teams, can see it being a nervy affair.
Report olddesperado February 18, 2019 6:37 PM GMT
Mata and lukaku in the same lineup doesn't really inspire confidence.

Can leave us a little over ran and out numbered tbh.
Report olddesperado February 18, 2019 8:33 PM GMT
Excellent first hslf.
Report olddesperado February 18, 2019 9:23 PM GMT
The two centre backs, the three midfielders and rashford were absolutely excellent tonight.

Rashford was probably my motm.
Report olddesperado February 18, 2019 9:25 PM GMT
I can see us getting palace or wolves away next round.
Report OnePercenter February 18, 2019 9:28 PM GMT
Bring on City.
Report the_don February 18, 2019 9:29 PM GMT
Get in there! Great performance and great support from the away fans.

All played well but Herrera the star man for me even without his goal.

Can see us getting City in the draw funnily enough!
Report OnePercenter February 18, 2019 9:45 PM GMT
Fantastic win tonight. Wolves a much more dangerous cup side than Chelsea.

Looking forward to Pop's visit. Be great to throw a spoke in their wheels.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com