Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 19 people viewing this thread.
14 Jul 18 20:03
| Topic/replies: 53,750 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
It’s the hot and giddy summer of 2018 when Ingerlaand reunited the country despite coming back home with nowt but pride. Still we caught sight of the finest Maguire since Adrian booted Cool Ground home in the Gold Cup. Worth a cheeky bid Mr Mourinho?

Of course our main targets are  Willian and Toby Alderweireld. Sadly Ed is still knocking on Romans door on the old Kings Road not realising the Russian’s visa is still in the same in tray as Geert Wilders. Meanwhile Barca have made two bids for him. Come on Ed, sort it out my mate.

Meanwhile Levy will still be committing the financial version of waterboarding  Ed until he pays 70m for Toby.

Anybody else coming in at the expense of a few leaving can only be good news.

Most important of all will be seeing a healthy Sir Alex sitting in his seat for the first match of the season #thoughtswithSAF

Big season ahead, can see us challenging for the title if we get the players Mourinho has identified

Love United, still hate the Glazer’s

BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report ufcdan December 17, 2018 10:33 PM GMT
Carry on degsy and you'll see the rough end of a spatula Angry
Report jollyswagman December 17, 2018 10:35 PM GMT
were you a cook dan?
Report anxious December 17, 2018 10:36 PM GMT
Just wondered were you ?
Report pushkin99 December 17, 2018 10:37 PM GMT

Dec 17, 2018 -- 4:28PM, ufcdan wrote:

On a six month Med deployment I don't think I eat a proper meal on the boat when underway but I picked the whole time

Just curious. U ever went to kings bay?

Report ufcdan December 17, 2018 10:39 PM GMT
As you've written a question and not pasted it pushkin in answer to your question Yes. We had to go into dry dock for a week.
Report pushkin99 December 17, 2018 10:40 PM GMT
Ok. U have my respect.
Report ufcdan December 17, 2018 10:43 PM GMT
Yes I was a cook jolly. Went in as a Quartermaster but during my mess cranking days (basically 90 days of gallery dogs body which all new crew have to do) I went out with the cooks for a drink and got bought back to the boat in handcuffs with the base police. The cooks seemed a decent bunch of lads so cross rated. Was allowed as submarine cooks were scarce.
Report ufcdan December 17, 2018 10:44 PM GMT
Ok. U have my respect.

What for going to Kings Bay LaughLaugh
Report pushkin99 December 17, 2018 10:46 PM GMT
In a former life before my current job, I spent time there too.
Report Solano1 December 17, 2018 10:46 PM GMT
I had hitherto considered you to have been some kind of SEAL.
Turns out Uncle Albert saw more action.
Report pushkin99 December 17, 2018 10:47 PM GMT
Its no fun being on boats Sol. Takes real dedication. Very few are up to it.
Report degsy42 December 17, 2018 10:49 PM GMT
i mean what can 500 blokes do on a boat out at sea for 7 months Laugh
Report ufcdan December 17, 2018 10:49 PM GMT
It is a bit of a one horse town or was back then. There was a club called the Flowing well if I remember correctly. We walked in. I saw this girl so in my broadest cockney accent "You wanna dance darling" not long after we went off. My shipmates seeing my success all started with the English accent. The next night I stayed in the bar all night. Nothing funnier when your drunk watching yanks sounding like D1ck Van Dy ke. By the end of the week the locals were convinced there was a British boat in port Laugh
Report degsy42 December 17, 2018 10:50 PM GMT
sounds like max n paddy with the belgrano sisters dan Laugh
Report jollyswagman December 17, 2018 10:51 PM GMT
how many purple hearts did you win? thank you for your service Laugh
Report pushkin99 December 17, 2018 10:52 PM GMT
It takes a certain breed Sol. When the conquerer sank the belgrano, she flew the jolly rodger when sailing back up the tamar.

Its mostly 3 moths at sea.
Report ufcdan December 17, 2018 10:52 PM GMT
110 most of the time degsy and it was only considered homosexual in port. At sea a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do Love
Report ufcdan December 17, 2018 10:53 PM GMT
how many purple hearts did you win? thank you for your service Laugh

My father was awarded two
Report degsy42 December 17, 2018 10:54 PM GMT

Dec 17, 2018 -- 4:52PM, ufcdan wrote:

110 most of the time degsy and it was only considered homosexual in port. At sea a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do

its called taking one for the team i think , ask anxious

Report ufcdan December 17, 2018 10:55 PM GMT
My youngest son currently serves in the United States Marine Corp. Unlike me he is a tough lad Cool
Report ufcdan December 17, 2018 10:56 PM GMT
its called taking one for the team i think , ask anxious

Poor old anxious always the bridesmaid Laugh
Report Solano1 December 17, 2018 10:56 PM GMT

Dec 17, 2018 -- 4:47PM, pushkin99 wrote:

Its no fun being on boats Sol. Takes real dedication. Very few are up to it.

Often struggled to stand up on the Tuxedo dance floor.
Granted, I wasn't frying eggs at the same time mind.
Whilst 'handcuffed' by the other lads.

Report anxious December 17, 2018 10:58 PM GMT
The Bridesmaid ?
Report Solano1 December 17, 2018 10:59 PM GMT
Amsterdam to North Shields after a couple of fruity cigars was nee picnic either.
Report ufcdan December 17, 2018 10:59 PM GMT
The police Sol ! It's fair to say I didn't make the best start to my Naval career and it went down hill from there Laugh
Report pushkin99 December 17, 2018 10:59 PM GMT

Dec 17, 2018 -- 4:56PM, Solano1 wrote:

Dec 17, 2018 -- 10:47PM, pushkin99 wrote:Its no fun being on boats Sol. Takes real dedication. Very few are up to it.Often struggled to stand up on the Tuxedo dance floor.Granted, I wasn't frying eggs at the same time mind.Whilst 'handcuffed' by the other lads.

I remember tuxedo junction, before the princess. A lot of fun, though in those days I was usually to nervous to ring the girls on other tables............if only I could have my time again.

Report Solano1 December 17, 2018 11:00 PM GMT
How big we're their truncheons?
Report jollyswagman December 17, 2018 11:00 PM GMT
was your dad a cook dan?
Report pushkin99 December 17, 2018 11:00 PM GMT

Dec 17, 2018 -- 4:59PM, ufcdan wrote:

The police Sol ! It's fair to say I didn't make the best start to my Naval career and it went down hill from there

don't diss yrself. Being on a boat was a tough place.

Report ufcdan December 17, 2018 11:01 PM GMT
Amsterdam to North Shields after a couple of fruity cigars was nee picnic either.

Fxxk that ! 200ft down and you don't feel a thing, there could be a hurricane up there and we wouldn't know Cool
Report anxious December 17, 2018 11:01 PM GMT
Myself i know i can become very sea sick and disorientated
Report anxious December 17, 2018 11:02 PM GMT
In fact im a bit like that on dry land Crazy
Report Capt__F December 17, 2018 11:03 PM GMT
get on oil rig
Report ufcdan December 17, 2018 11:04 PM GMT
was your dad a cook dan?

Helicopter pilot. Served in Korea and the Vietnam war, shot in the arm. Returned to duty and then shot in the leg. Did thirty years ended up as a colonel which was not bad as he went in as enlisted.
Report jollyswagman December 17, 2018 11:04 PM GMT
anxious what are you going to call city if you are taken over by the ultimate head chopping oil rig?
Report Capt__F December 17, 2018 11:04 PM GMT
alays the bridesmaid
Report ufcdan December 17, 2018 11:06 PM GMT
Right lads my bedtime, night all Wink
Report Solano1 December 17, 2018 11:07 PM GMT
Helicopter pilot.
Egg scrambler.
Marine.

Bridesmaid you say?
Report Solano1 December 17, 2018 11:07 PM GMT
Night, Albert.
Report anxious December 17, 2018 11:12 PM GMT
Jolly it wont happen i think the Chinese will rescue us
Report Solano1 December 17, 2018 11:15 PM GMT
Far more humane to be slinging Muslims in concentration camps than chopping off heads.
Report peter the butcher December 17, 2018 11:30 PM GMT
Dan, before you go to bed you might want some good news.

United under 18’s beat Chelsea under18’s 4-3 tonight in the FA Youth Cup.

It’s Chelsea’s first loss in that competition for five years.

Night night x
Report the_don December 18, 2018 9:59 AM GMT
Manchester United has announced that Jose Mourinho has left the Club.

We would like to thank him for his work during his time at Manchester United and wish him success in the future. #MUFC
Report sofiakenny December 18, 2018 10:01 AM GMT
At long last!!!..thank feck!!..happy days are here again !CoolCool
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 18, 2018 10:05 AM GMT
Second time he’s been sacked after losing to Liverpool same score same day oh well it had to happen
Report the_don December 18, 2018 10:08 AM GMT
“The club would like to thank Jose for his work during his time at Manchester United and to wish him success in the future. A new caretaker manager will be appointed until the end of the current season, while the club conducts a thorough recruitment process for a new, full-time manager.”
Report sofiakenny December 18, 2018 10:11 AM GMT
Welcome Poch!
Report degsy42 December 18, 2018 10:12 AM GMT
knew we should have kept it to under 30 shots on target on sunday , 36 just tipped it over the edge
Report peter the butcher December 18, 2018 10:14 AM GMT
Carrick in charge until the new temporary manager, Wenger?
Report themover December 18, 2018 10:16 AM GMT
Report peter the butcher December 18, 2018 10:17 AM GMT
Carrick has 48 hrs in charge so at least he can say he’s been United manager Grin
Report mysexyscousebirdkylietait December 18, 2018 10:18 AM GMT
RP still lurking on the United thread.  Hope you are well Happy

FWIW I'm glad he's UTFR
Report mysexyscousebirdkylietait December 18, 2018 10:18 AM GMT
Morning Peter Happy
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 18, 2018 10:19 AM GMT
Lol hope ur ok too nice to see ur still around
Report peter the butcher December 18, 2018 10:22 AM GMT
Have to say I’m really surprised as I thought they’d wait until top four was not attainable.

I reckon he must have kicked off and made his position untenable.

We all thought the January transfer window would give us the subtle clues but this is a little less so Shocked
Report peter the butcher December 18, 2018 10:24 AM GMT
Morning mate, how are you? Long time no see.

Must have been bad for you in scouse land after Sunday. Hope you refrained from telling the in laws what you really thought Laugh
Report mysexyscousebirdkylietait December 18, 2018 10:25 AM GMT
It's just  not been "my United" since he got the gig.  Who the hell do we get in?????
Report HonkyJoe December 18, 2018 10:27 AM GMT
I'd also given up on them sacking him until T4 had gone.  The fact that you're surprised shows what an, erm, surprise this is...

Personally I'd show Pogba and Sanchez the door as well. Certainly can't be having Pogba thinking he's scored any sort of victory against the manager!

Glad that we've finally dispensed with his services - although rather annoyed we didn't do this all those weeks back, when it was already obvious he had lost the dressing room.  No easy fix, though, and I'm not at all sure who I want to see replacing him..
Report peter the butcher December 18, 2018 10:27 AM GMT
Have they been waiting for the temporary manager to give his agreement before they’ve announced it? Could have been going on fior weeks.

Pogba is in a bit of a predicament now. He needs to start playing and showing he actually wants to be here.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 18, 2018 10:27 AM GMT
Few temporary candidates I guess
Report peter the butcher December 18, 2018 10:31 AM GMT
Poch the obvious long term target but Ed couldn’t even nick  Alderweireld from Levy so not sure how he’d snare Poch.
Report HonkyJoe December 18, 2018 10:31 AM GMT
Interesting they're going for a temporary solution with half of the season still to go.  Does that mean they have no clue who to go for? Or that they think they have their person (Poch???) but know he won't be available until the end of the season?
Report HonkyJoe December 18, 2018 10:31 AM GMT
I'm not trying to imitate Peter here. Honestly!!
Report peter the butcher December 18, 2018 10:35 AM GMT
Agree joe, no way Pogba and a couple of others should remain at United. A lot of these players have now got three players sacked. It’s disgusting imo. Three managers ffs, common denominator is clear.

I don’t think it will be long before the media turn their attention onto Ed and the players as well.
Report mysexyscousebirdkylietait December 18, 2018 10:35 AM GMT
All good Peter, I managed to keep control just! Made a couple of mates(ish) since I've been over the dark side, I've been giving them stick for a while.  Needless to say I have now ditched them mates(ish) dirty bin dipping %%%$$** LaughLaugh
Report HonkyJoe December 18, 2018 10:36 AM GMT
Zidane seems to be the favourite. But if he was the club's pick, they surely wouldn't be talking about appointing an interim manager.
Report ufcdan December 18, 2018 10:37 AM GMT
Wenger or Keane temporary manager ?
Report peter the butcher December 18, 2018 10:38 AM GMT
Have to say it’s ridiculous that United have announced Carrick as the temporary temporary manager for two days, then the temporary manager until the end of the season and then the new long term manager if they can get him. What a joke.

They didn’t need to announce Carrick for his two day stint
Report peter the butcher December 18, 2018 10:39 AM GMT
Kylie Laugh
Report HonkyJoe December 18, 2018 10:39 AM GMT
It does sound like they're making it up as they go along..  Clearly something big must have happened to force their hand.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 18, 2018 10:40 AM GMT
It’s hard to imagine porch making the step down spurs seem on the up well run and new stadium have the better playing squad but who knows
Report sofiakenny December 18, 2018 10:41 AM GMT
Caretaker to be announced in next two days.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 18, 2018 10:42 AM GMT
I think they made it to clarify who would be taking training and general duties till the new man is appointed and it’s just a temp appointment I guess
Report degsy42 December 18, 2018 10:42 AM GMT
gotta be roy keane n martin o neil
Report ufcdan December 18, 2018 10:44 AM GMT
It’s hard to imagine porch making the step down spurs seem on the up well run and new stadium have the better playing squad but who knows

It's not what it is, it's what it could be again ! As much as we may dispute it Utd is one of the biggest clubs in the world.
Report HonkyJoe December 18, 2018 10:45 AM GMT
Clearly we don't have the cachet we held a few years ago, so that is possible, RP. He would probably get a decent amount of money to spend, though. Levy will never give him that.

One of the big problems with Mourinho is that, with the exception of Herrera, none of the players seem to have been developed under him. They just seem to have been left to wander off along their own paths.  Poch would certainly change that. And with a bit of money to lay out, he might even have the opportunity to turn us into a decent attacking outfit again.
Report peter the butcher December 18, 2018 10:46 AM GMT
Hope Mourinho hasn’t signed a keeping  quiet agreement. Would love him to drop Ed in it
Report peter the butcher December 18, 2018 10:47 AM GMT
Ignore RP dan, he thinks he’s being clever
Report McCoy Carp December 18, 2018 10:48 AM GMT
I wonder how long before Man Utd go crying to UEFA for Top 6 qualifying to Champions League from Premiership?
Report rommel December 18, 2018 10:50 AM GMT
what a sad day,bet jm had a fookin plan
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 18, 2018 10:51 AM GMT
Yes dan of course it’s a massive job and I’m sure lots of managers would fancy it but I’m guessing who ever it is has agreed verbally to take the job knowing they were leaving their post next season

I just don’t think porch would be that man but it’s football so who knows
Report peter the butcher December 18, 2018 10:52 AM GMT
Managers might not come to United because they want to stay loyal to their current clubs or the job is too big for them but it won’t be because they think they are ‘stepping down”

Before the big money came into the game Gordon McQueen once said “99% of players would sign for Man United given half a chance,  the other 1% are liars”

Appreciate it’s a lot different these days
Report peter the butcher December 18, 2018 10:53 AM GMT

Dec 18, 2018 -- 4:48AM, McCoy Carp wrote:

I wonder how long before Man Utd go crying to UEFA for Top 6 qualifying to Champions League from Premiership?

You p1ssed mate?

Report moisok December 18, 2018 10:54 AM GMT
Poch for the job.  Buys keane, Son, Erikson, Alli, and a couple of top defenders  - sells pogba  - man utd go top in 2019/20
Report degsy42 December 18, 2018 10:55 AM GMT
oxfam refusing to take any more ‘mourinhos red and white army flags ‘
Report ufcdan December 18, 2018 10:56 AM GMT
I think Pochettino fits Utd perfectly RP. Always dignified, gives youth a chance. Done well at Spurs without much money. Never understood Jose buying Lukaku, if he wasn't good enough at the Bridge, why was he going to be good enough at OT ?
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 18, 2018 10:56 AM GMT
I meant step down in the current climate pete he’s at a top three club with a very good squad of players moving to new stadium he’s quite settled imo

Of course the lure of the biggest club in world football arguably is strong but I just don’t see him taking that step he may well do it’s just an opinion
Report moisok December 18, 2018 10:59 AM GMT
also buys salah, and mane   - I was also one of the first to spot van dijk when he was at celtic (head and shoulders above almost any other player there but had little competition)

so poch can buy him as well

there you have it - the plan from MO TOWERS CENTRAL HQ  - thank me later
Report HonkyJoe December 18, 2018 10:59 AM GMT
I don't think many people would question whether Poch would be a good choice, Dan. But the club is a bit of a laughing stock at the moment, so MUFC fans (and I know you're not one of them!) shouldn't assume that Poch would simply drop everything to come to us.  Personally, I think he may be tempted, though.  He was said to be deeply unhappy after the delayed stadium plans a few weeks ago. Perhaps the MUFC board approached him then, and have ironed out the details for the summer..
Report peter the butcher December 18, 2018 11:01 AM GMT
Whoever comes in as temporary manager will hopefully have a good start. We’ve got a run of games you’d expect us to win but he will have some serious rebuilding to do. Will he be allowed to strengthen in January? Surely it makes sense to wait for the new man.

If Ed had planned on bringing a new manager it at the end of the season which is what everybody thought, he wouldn’t have wanted to support Mourinho in January. Wonder if he told Mourinho he couldn’t buy and the reaction caused the parting of ways.
Report McCoy Carp December 18, 2018 11:01 AM GMT

You p1ssed mate?

If they can't make up the ground on teams above them, this and coming seasons, and they're resigned to finish outside the Champion league places do you not think they would ask for this or want to form a new Euro league with no danger of relegation from it - like what happens in American football say? Especially as the have American owners anyway. Everyone goes on about what a massive global brand Utd is and how (falsely) they are the biggest club in the World. How can this illusion be maintained if they're not playing the best teams year in year out?
Report ufcdan December 18, 2018 11:01 AM GMT
Where imo opinion RP your argument falls down is Levy will never soend the money that Utd will. That has to be a massive draw for any manager.
Report ufcdan December 18, 2018 11:03 AM GMT
Jamie Redknapp has just mentioned it and I've said in the past Jose living in a hotel away from his family cant of helped.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 18, 2018 11:07 AM GMT
True but spurs need less money spending on them it’s a case of improving not rebuilding  and I imagine he’s spoken with his manager since this announcement to clarify situation

Im not saying it wouldn’t or couldn’t happen just my opinion it won’t be him
Report HonkyJoe December 18, 2018 11:08 AM GMT
That does make sense Peter. My guess is they approached somebody a few weeks ago, when it looked like Mourinho would be sacked. That person agreed, but said they wouldn't come until the end of the season. The board decided to stick it out with Mourinho until T4 was out of the question.   Clearly that plan has changed somewhere - and apparently fairly abruptly, since even you don't seem to have heard anything about this.   The lack of a transfer pot in January would obviously be one flashpoint.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 18, 2018 11:08 AM GMT
Good luck getting this squad to put in some effort for the caretaker when they know he's gone in a few months.

May as well just tell them the team will be decided by how many Facebook and Instagram likes they get each week.
Report Can't Catch Me December 18, 2018 11:10 AM GMT
There is just no chance Poch would leave Spurs for Utd right now. Absolutely none.

Its going to be tough to find a man good enough to turn this around imo.
Report degsy42 December 18, 2018 11:14 AM GMT
just said interim manager , someone who will be good with the press , gotta be harry redknapp
Report themover December 18, 2018 11:16 AM GMT
Report peter the butcher December 18, 2018 11:18 AM GMT

Dec 18, 2018 -- 5:01AM, McCoy Carp wrote:

I wonder how long before Man Utd go crying to UEFA for Top 6 qualifying to Champions League from Premiership?You p1ssed mate?If they can't make up the ground on teams above them, this and coming seasons, and they're resigned to finish outside the Champion league places do you not think they would ask for this or want to form a new Euro league with no danger of relegation from it - like what happens in American football say? Especially as the have American owners anyway. Everyone goes on about what a massive global brand Utd is and how (falsely) they are the biggest club in the World. How can this illusion be maintained if they're not playing the best teams year in year out?

Ahh ok, well there is already talk of Europe’s so called elite teams forming a new league in which the founders would always have a place and which would be far more lucrative than the CL.

No way should the CL be extended though and United could never as for that. Personally I think only the league winners should play in that anyway

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now