Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
14 Jul 18 20:03
| Topic/replies: 52,612 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
It’s the hot and giddy summer of 2018 when Ingerlaand reunited the country despite coming back home with nowt but pride. Still we caught sight of the finest Maguire since Adrian booted Cool Ground home in the Gold Cup. Worth a cheeky bid Mr Mourinho?

Of course our main targets are  Willian and Toby Alderweireld. Sadly Ed is still knocking on Romans door on the old Kings Road not realising the Russian’s visa is still in the same in tray as Geert Wilders. Meanwhile Barca have made two bids for him. Come on Ed, sort it out my mate.

Meanwhile Levy will still be committing the financial version of waterboarding  Ed until he pays 70m for Toby.

Anybody else coming in at the expense of a few leaving can only be good news.

Most important of all will be seeing a healthy Sir Alex sitting in his seat for the first match of the season #thoughtswithSAF

Big season ahead, can see us challenging for the title if we get the players Mourinho has identified

Love United, still hate the Glazer’s

BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report rommel August 12, 2018 7:21 PM BST
fckn abnormal c***
Report rommel August 12, 2018 7:22 PM BST
the wit and repartee of anxious
Report degsy42 August 12, 2018 7:40 PM BST
anxious is hurting , his clubs in turmoil , management and players , and the bill for mourinhos mini bar is totting up , more toblerones  waiter
Report rommel August 12, 2018 7:43 PM BST
there must be a cushion crisis at castle anxious cos for all his devoutness this pickle dont get anywhere near OT
Report degsy42 August 12, 2018 7:43 PM BST

Aug 12, 2018 -- 12:05PM, peter the butcher wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS7SwSppDFY‪They thought they’d conquered Europe ‬‪Celebrating six‬‪Thank You Gareth Bale ‬‪Made them look like D**ks‪The Twenty Sixth of May ‬‪Always in our heart ‬‪United won the Treble‬‪The scousers fell apart ‬‪Allez Allez Allez‬

so pete just to clarify , you are counting the charity shield in that haul Laugh.  please sing that so we can all have a belly laugh

Report anxious August 12, 2018 7:52 PM BST
You can see how desperate the scouse bells are by their infantile posts
Report anxious August 12, 2018 7:53 PM BST
Anybody might think they were concussed LaughCrazy
Report pushkin99 August 12, 2018 8:04 PM BST

Aug 12, 2018 -- 7:52PM, anxious wrote:

1999 me tinks he is referring too (would be my guess)..................but as they like to remind us on this thread, all history from a by-gone age

Report peter the butcher August 12, 2018 8:53 PM BST

Aug 12, 2018 -- 7:43PM, degsy42 wrote:

Aug 12, 2018 -- 12:05PM, peter the butcher wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS7SwSppDFY‪They thought they’d conquered Europe ‬‪Celebrating six‬‪Thank You Gareth Bale ‬‪Made them look like D**ks‪The Twenty Sixth of May ‬‪Always in our heart ‬‪United won the Treble‬‪The scousers fell apart ‬‪Allez Allez Allez‬so pete just to clarify , you are counting the charity shield in that haul .  please sing that so we can all have a belly laugh

Degsy, just a reminder of the chant:

‪They thought they’d conquered Europe ‬
‪Celebrating six‬
‪Thank You Gareth Bale ‬
‪Made them look like D**ks
‪The Twenty Sixth of May ‬
‪Always in our heart ‬
‪United won the Treble‬
‪The scousers fell apart ‬

‪Allez Allez Allez‬

Both United and Liverpool played in Champions League finals on the 26th May. United won the treble of League title, FA Cup and CL on that date in 99.  Charity Shield not included ffs.

Liverpool lost on 26th May to Real Madrid this year

Is that clarification enough.........

Report peter the butcher August 12, 2018 8:59 PM BST
*completed* the treble that night
Report rommel August 12, 2018 9:06 PM BST
REMEMBER all our yesterdays?was a  tv prog,didnt really appreciate it at the time think iwas a bit young
Report rommel August 12, 2018 9:06 PM BST
Brian Inglis in a publicity shot for All Our Yesterdays
All Our Yesterdays was a television series, produced by Granada Television, giving an historical account of the 1930s lead-up to the Second World War and to the war itself. It relied on black-and-white film footage, and may be considered a precursor to the later Thames Television World at War production. Only 47 episodes of the original series (1960-1973) survive whereas the later series (1987-89) survives complete.
Report degsy42 August 12, 2018 9:12 PM BST
ah i see pete , harping on at the past now its 5 years and counting the premiership has slipped through your hands , jeez and i thought it was only scousers who blerted out the past
Report degsy42 August 12, 2018 9:14 PM BST
cue anxious with his numbers game , life is beautiful at the moment , the reds are improving and castle greyskull is in meltdown ,
Report rommel August 12, 2018 9:22 PM BST
4-1,THATS HISTORY,two dodgy as fk pens
Report rommel August 12, 2018 9:26 PM BST
Degsy, just a reminder of the chant:

‪They thought they’d conquered Europe ‬
‪Celebrating six‬
‪Thank You Gareth Bale ‬
‪Always in our heart ‬
‪United won the Treble‬
‪The scousers fell apart ‬........thats just foookin pathetic,sad tw***
Report degsy42 August 12, 2018 9:32 PM BST
its beautiful , thanking gareth bale, surprised demba ba is not in there somewhere ,  think were getting to them , always on their minds and in their thoughts , beautiful
Report anxious August 12, 2018 9:32 PM BST
lol even better was he slipped on his fookin arse steve gerrard April 2014 Mersey Port 0 Chavs 2
Report degsy42 August 12, 2018 9:41 PM BST
remember the days , nothing to look forward to , but remember the days Laugh
Report pushkin99 August 12, 2018 9:43 PM BST
As I indicated earlier in my post of 20:04 tonite. Mancs living in the past, they just cant help themselves can they?

Serious question for petertheseethe. Its been 5 (yes FIVE) long painful years since yr team won anything worth winning. How many more years do u think it will take for yr team to be challenging for anything worth winning again?
Report rommel August 12, 2018 9:50 PM BST

Aug 12, 2018 -- 9:32PM, anxious wrote:

lol even better was he slipped on his fookin arse steve gerrard April 2014 Mersey Port 0 Chavs 2

nothing,not a fckn blowwwwwwwwwwwww on the 8 point fergie CHOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKE,AGUERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...

Report anxious August 12, 2018 9:59 PM BST
more desperation from the mickeys ,  coming up to the big 30 without the title an abysmal state of affairs
Report degsy42 August 12, 2018 10:08 PM BST
5 years and counting for the richest and bestest supported club in the world with over a billion fans and hundreds of sponsors and everything bigger than everyone else , shame on you , long live the glazers
Report rommel August 12, 2018 10:09 PM BST
They thought they’d conquered Europe ‬
‪Celebrating six‬
‪Thank You Gareth Bale ‬
‪Always in our heart ‬
‪United won the Treble‬
‪The scousers fell apart ‬.LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report peter the butcher August 12, 2018 10:12 PM BST
It’s only a p1sstake of the chant sung by Liverpool fans degsy. The delicious irony of the same date matching the two finals etc. A bit like the Everton and City fans changing the words to United chants to mock Moysie and Mourinho.

Just a bit of a laugh
Report peter the butcher August 12, 2018 10:14 PM BST
Incidentally I think part, if not whole, of that chant was penned by no other than Gary Nev
Report degsy42 August 12, 2018 10:14 PM BST
of course , good to take the p1 ss , thats footy fans , long may it continue
Report degsy42 August 12, 2018 10:15 PM BST
gary nev , the successful manager and owner , haha not
Report degsy42 August 12, 2018 10:16 PM BST
spent sh1tloads at salford and in bottom 4 , gary gary stick to punditry lol
Report peter the butcher August 12, 2018 10:21 PM BST
Personally I think the Gary Nev and Carragher combination is the best football duo on tv. Neither is afraid of going after their own former clubs. Obviously Carragher’s reputation took a nosedive after the spitting incident but that’s done and dusted now and he’s apologised to the family etc.

I think Carragher beat Nev in a penalty shoot out competition between them and his forfeit is to wear a Liverpool shirt on tv. He best stay away from United fans for a while afterwards.
Report peter the butcher August 12, 2018 10:22 PM BST
To be fair Salford have just had a stack of consecutive promotions
Report degsy42 August 12, 2018 10:26 PM BST
4 grand a week on that rooney fella from aberdeen , going for it , wont be long till the manager gets the sack
Report rommel August 12, 2018 10:27 PM BST
They thought they’d conquered Europe ‬
‪Celebrating six‬
‪Thank You Gareth Bale ‬
‪Always in our heart ‬
‪United won the Treble‬
‪The scousers fell apart ‬.
Report peter the butcher August 12, 2018 10:33 PM BST
To be fair Salford have spent a lot of money in the transfer market but as a manager said recently

“Its  only an English thing where you can win the league in the transfer window. It’s not possible”

So give Gary Nev some leeway degs
Report rommel August 12, 2018 10:37 PM BST

Aug 12, 2018 -- 7:52PM, anxious wrote:

gotta be the post of the night

Report degsy42 August 12, 2018 10:40 PM BST
hes putting his money in fair do’s , should be knocking on utds door and getting a few loanees in or utds youth playing , gotta be a cut above that league imo
Report peter the butcher August 12, 2018 10:44 PM BST
That’s why they wouldn’t want to drop down into that league. Besides United don’t want to expose the good ones to lower league. The ones who fit that standard shouldn’t be at United anyway
Report degsy42 August 12, 2018 10:49 PM BST
i meant utds first team lol
Report peter the butcher August 12, 2018 10:52 PM BST
LaughLaugh
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 13, 2018 12:22 PM BST
Think what the weekend shows that if it was ultra competitive you can go from first Friday to seventh Sunday cos obviously the points spread is only nouught to three

So if it was that competitive then this could happen any given week but teams will find their levels and the table will split having watched the weekend games it’s hard to see whose got what but a lot of teams look open spurs Newcastle wolves Everton city arsenal west ham

Might just be a one off but teams looking to maybe win games rather than not lose them don’t think one weekend will define any teams or any teams season but could be some good games
Report milla446 August 13, 2018 12:47 PM BST
Hello United people.

James Wilson. Any good?
Report Ahoy 1982 August 13, 2018 12:49 PM BST
Thought wolves were fairly conservative RP, especially after Everton went down to 10, they only went for it at 2-1 down.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 13, 2018 1:21 PM BST
Just thought lot of teams looked open and in different days results could of been different in some games
Report DeSSieReborn August 13, 2018 2:47 PM BST
milla446 13 Aug 18 12:47 Joined: 02 Aug 18 | Topic/replies: 20 | Blogger: milla446's blog
Hello United people.

James Wilson. Any good?

Once a contender for back up striker at MUFC, but lost his way following injury. Had pace and knew where the goal was, but not seen or heard much of late. Presumably is working his way back up the ladder Could surprise in Scotland
Report milla446 August 13, 2018 4:32 PM BST
So long as he's better than Alex Notman everyone's a winner I suppose Laugh

Good luck for the season.
Report the_don August 13, 2018 6:29 PM BST
I think it was a crucial moment when Rashford burst onto the scene 2 or 3 years back as Wilson was ahead of him in the pecking order but injured. Had a couple of championship loans but not really impressed but he has had more injury problems.
Report peter the butcher August 14, 2018 2:15 PM BST
The Director of Football role story gaining momentum at United
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 14, 2018 3:12 PM BST
Any names muted
Report degsy42 August 14, 2018 3:13 PM BST
director of football , what do they do , walofs
Report DeSSieReborn August 14, 2018 3:16 PM BST
another person to blame when things don't go to plan
Report DeSSieReborn August 14, 2018 3:17 PM BST
can't see it working out, personally
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 14, 2018 3:20 PM BST
Edwin van de sar
Report duffy August 14, 2018 3:23 PM BST
For some clubs now what goes on on the pitch is merely a "front" for the real money making that goes on in other areas.

The playing staff are out the front of the shop whilst Ed and the boys are out the back overseeing the bootlegging or cutting the gear.
Report DeSSieReborn August 14, 2018 3:27 PM BST
so, ed is effectively having transfer negotiations taken out of his hands? Peter and co WILL be happy, but will they......watch this space!!! I don't think its a goer, to be honest......
Report DeSSieReborn August 14, 2018 3:32 PM BST
I'll re phrase that. I don't think its true, another sh1t stirring viral myth.......is it Dennis Wise lol
Report degsy42 August 14, 2018 3:35 PM BST
so a director of football picks the transfers and negotiates and buys them , is that right ?
Report DeSSieReborn August 14, 2018 3:38 PM BST
Dunno when I applied they didn't give a job description, just said it had to be a person with immaculate perception........or was it deception......
Report DeSSieReborn August 14, 2018 3:40 PM BST
What did Wise do at Newcastle? I guess its the opposite of that ShockedSilly
Report duffy August 14, 2018 3:44 PM BST
The director of football and the manager/coach need to be singing from the same hymn sheet for one thing, it's no good for instance signing free flowing attacking players and then handing them to a Mourinho type manager to look after or vice versa!! is it?
Report DeSSieReborn August 14, 2018 3:45 PM BST
Well we know that.......
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 14, 2018 3:46 PM BST
Happens a lot abroad I think where the manager has to manage he staff similar to business I guess
Report DeSSieReborn August 14, 2018 3:46 PM BST
Unless of course the man a
Report DeSSieReborn August 14, 2018 3:47 PM BST
Unless of course the man appointed uses Joses agent LaughLaughLaugh
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 14, 2018 3:49 PM BST
Some managers don’t like joining a club with that set up but hunk big sams worked under those restraints
Report DeSSieReborn August 14, 2018 3:50 PM BST
Presumably the manager still gets to pick his squad of 24 so if he don't like one purchased he can leave him out of his squad lol
Report DeSSieReborn August 14, 2018 3:50 PM BST
It simply won't work, and won't happen. Gutter press
Report DeSSieReborn August 14, 2018 3:51 PM BST
Think how Klopf would react Surprised
Report peter the butcher August 14, 2018 10:02 PM BST

Aug 14, 2018 -- 3:51PM, DeSSieReborn wrote:

Think how Klopf would react

Hand trembles between his legs on the touchline?

Report pushkin99 August 14, 2018 11:57 PM BST
What fun.

Watching the deluded on here defending the dire, defensive win at all costs footie orchestrated by moanRhino. The cheque book Tony Pulis. Just the £500M wasted on such wonderful attacking players, £600k a week wages to greedy Sanchez and Ibrahamovich, plus their massive signing on fees and even bigger fees to greedier agents................

and all to make them play that way.................

No wonder yr best players want to leave...............

No wonder moanRhino's number 1 transfer target during the summer transfer window - Xherdan Shaqiri - refused point blank to even talk to u.
Report grumpyjim August 15, 2018 9:33 AM BST
plenty to talk about so far only one game played . in top english division ..  TV  .. and ...  Media  .......have it on toast for our breakfast .. penalty takers were great again  ...... in some other games . cracking misses ..  OH.  we   need some wages docking .. ?  Celtic non spenders out already season just starting ..   Scottish sides have never won games in Greece ,,..poor hunting ground   for loads of years .. no change on that one ..
Report peter the butcher August 15, 2018 9:41 AM BST
The Director of Football if and when appointed might be interested to see if he can answer this question.

What do the following teams have in common?

Liverpool
Brighton
Arsenal
Chelsea
Fulham
West Ham
Everton

All of them spent more on players this summer than Ed sanctioned at United. He wouldn’t sign the likes of Alderweireld or Willian due to the commercial payback but would have paid a near half a billion package to sign Ronaldo if Mourinho hadn’t said no. If he wants the autographs of superstars he should queue up outside football grounds like everybody else.
Report peter the butcher August 15, 2018 9:43 AM BST
Morning Jim, hope all is well with you. Big Sam was on telly a couple of days ago and said he’d spoken to Sir Alex a couple of times recently. Said the great man is recovering whilst on holiday and expects to be back at Old Trafford in the new year.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 15, 2018 9:46 AM BST
From al I’ve read Ronaldo never considered a return but could be hype
Report anxious August 15, 2018 10:07 AM BST
Rumours that Zidane wants the United Job
Report degsy42 August 15, 2018 10:47 AM BST
big sam or moyesy for me , return of the special one
Report degsy42 August 15, 2018 10:49 AM BST
the chosen one , get the banner back out.
Report DeSSieReborn August 15, 2018 12:51 PM BST
Than
Report duffy August 15, 2018 4:09 PM BST
If Zidane came to United the DOF idea would be abandoned, I'd imagine that he'd tick all boxes for the board, he's the biggest star name of all and would see attacking flair players once again attracted to the club...I'd have thought the commercial side of things wouldn't do too badly....if the performance on the pitch picked up then that would be an "added" bonusWink
Report themover August 15, 2018 4:56 PM BST
I'm sure he's licking his lips at the prospect Laugh
Report duffy August 15, 2018 5:00 PM BST
Who wouldn't?? when all said and done...it's United....that's the problem City will always haveCool
Report themover August 15, 2018 5:14 PM BST
City have the best manager already
Report themover August 15, 2018 5:15 PM BST
Mourinho was pretty much the only one available when United hired him, never wanted him until they got desperate.
Report rommel August 15, 2018 6:03 PM BST
louis would have done the plan and be into the post plan glory years
Report grumpyjim August 15, 2018 7:48 PM BST
hi Peter .. knew a few days ago  ...told Alan  .. same source before on tele ..  don't like pushing anything on here .. just like most a wee how its  going ...  is enough .. mate speaks to Sam .  canny tell you who he is but will when we speak .. Small world we live in .  smaller every day with all the various . channels to log into .. York next week ..    been asked to go for 5 years .. keep declining as don't love planes too much now  ?
all well with you and a first 3 points in the bag .. Pogo story will run on a bit still until Spanish market runs out .. Interesting .?
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 16, 2018 9:22 AM BST
Pogba continues to pressurize Mourinho
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 16, 2018 9:36 AM BST
surely Zidane fits the Director of Football model. That's essentially how Madrid works with the coach having little say in hirings and firings.
Report peter the butcher August 16, 2018 10:24 AM BST
A few people mentioned PP.  Difficult to tell if United are serious about this or they are just trying to deflect from the criticism Ed is getting.
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 16, 2018 10:39 AM BST
Said a while back that it makes sense.

The game evolves and the English game is adopting more continental aspects. I can imagine with their eye on the dollar they must have noticed how City and Liverpool are marrying attractive football with winning teams and how attractive this is for sponsors and foreign fans.

Makes sense with the short shelf life of managers to have a longer term strategy and essentially treat coaches like players and just find one who fits your model, rather than looking around for who's doing well right now.

Could come unstuck if you appoint a crap DoF mind. We nearly appointed Van Gaal as ours. Jesus.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 16, 2018 10:45 AM BST
Wouldn’t zidane want top job
Report peter the butcher August 16, 2018 10:54 AM BST
Interesting concept and one I’m not sure about personally. I think it’s a little unfair to put the style of football City and Liverpool play down to a DoF.

I think the managers at those clubs would play that way no matter what the set up was

I know that’s not exactly what you are saying PP but at the end of the day the manager still has to inspire, direct and pick the teams.

If a manager is adamant he wants a player but the DoF doesn’t think he fits, what happens next?
Report peter the butcher August 16, 2018 10:56 AM BST
We’ve heard lots of stories of managers being given players that they didn’t ask for. When and if it doesn’t work who’s fault is it?
Report peter the butcher August 16, 2018 11:01 AM BST
What happens when a manager wants rid of a player because he’s poisoning the dressing room and acting like he’s untouchable but the DoF won’t sell him? Not only that but the DoF assures the player he will remain so the player continues doing what he wants, including publicly challenging the manager.
Report peter the butcher August 16, 2018 11:02 AM BST
How does it work at Liverpool?
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 16, 2018 11:02 AM BST
I don’t think you blame anyone it either works or it doesn’t but the manager gets moved on if not successful
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 16, 2018 11:03 AM BST
Don’t think we have one do we
Report anxious August 16, 2018 11:06 AM BST
Peter the alleged conversations that pogba is coming out with like - if you want to speak to me speak my agent - wtf is that all about , is it raiola causing trouble ?
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 16, 2018 11:07 AM BST
Yeah, didn't really explain it through fully but you've basically got what I was trying to say.

Reading between the lines of the non-transfers that's how I see it. It looks like the owners didn't just want to give Mourinho carte blanche to spend his budget how he saw it and without question.

Personally, I can see Ed's dilemna here. There's a good argument for saying let the manager do his job and get a new one if he fails.

But then, if you spend £30M on Alderweireld and give him £200k p/w and he makes Bailly look like Mr Reliable, the team struggles, Mourinho leaves and the new guy comes in saying he doesn't like him then you're stuck with a player you can't get rid of.

Suddenly Ed's neck is on the line for sanctioning a move which in hindsight looks terrible.

That said, Ed's good at the commercial side but doesn't seem a natural football guy. Looks like the owners wanted to move this way and you're just in a bit of limbo till you get the guy in with Ed having to make decisions on player ability and Mourinho having to re-calibrate his approach.
Report jedi sophie August 16, 2018 11:14 AM BST
Do not appoint Mourinho if you do not want him in charge of ALL THINGS FOOTBALL.
ED should do his job and not only let Jose do his but assist any way he can.
There is now an issue because he didn't,and a lot of waffle in media because of it.
Man U still have a tremendous squad regardless, Jose imo up to his old tricks and engineering most of it to lower fan expectation.
He is a master at it.
No longer does he seem a master at entertaing football unfortunately for yourselves.
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 16, 2018 11:17 AM BST
I think we have a triumvirate of Klopp, Edwards and Moore. Moore is the CEO and closer to Woodward really in looking at the commercial side and signing the cheques. Edwards is the Sporting Director and is promoted from the Transfer Committee. He's the closest we have to a Director of Football it seems.

With us, it's working because there don't appear to be any clashes between them. Edwards and Klopp are clearly on the same page. I think it's probably the main reason the owners have been willing to let them spend massively when they've made a strong case for a certain player. There's a lot of trust there now and confidence that they know what they're doing.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 16, 2018 11:20 AM BST
Right now pogba is making Jose look like a bit of a mug imo had a poor two seasons week in week out goes to World Cup earns rave reviews returns when he wants too after partying in the us

Jose makes him captain and he continues to speak in press causing issues and stirring things up so right now he’s doing exactly what he wants when he wants

It’s hard to see who wins this battle of egomaniacs but the club is the casualty in the collateral damage
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now