Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mesmerised
07 Jul 18 21:59
| Topic/replies: 28,940 | Blogger: mesmerised's blog
Advantage England, they will be that more fresher physically and mentally.

I'll be backing Stones and Maguire to score.

Now here are words I never thought I'd say

England to win their Semi and qualify for the World Cup final on the 15th July 2018Cool
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View *** England v Croatia - Moscow - 7pm...
Show More
Report anxious July 11, 2018 9:55 PM BST
The Hatred contiues haters loving it
Report hulk23 July 11, 2018 9:56 PM BST
itv boys already turning on kane - was he carrying an injury etc
Report mega88 July 11, 2018 9:57 PM BST

Jul 11, 2018 -- 9:54PM, Ibrahima Sonko wrote:

The gameplan always fades after 15 mins

Youve been talking sense tonight sonk

Report rommel July 11, 2018 9:57 PM BST
gotta blame the utd players,its only fair,lingard tw**,rashford fckn nowhere,young doggies doings
Report mega88 July 11, 2018 9:58 PM BST
Bet a few bedsits getting smashed up toonight
Report impossible123 July 11, 2018 9:59 PM BST
High expectation turned into major disappointment; it was good when it lasted. Back to reality and the mundane of every day life for most.
Report roache July 11, 2018 9:59 PM BST
I hope Belgium do not play there A team on Saturday or else that will be our 3rd defeat of the tournament which will really put into perspective our world cup campaign and somehow the bandwagon started getting hysterical over our chances of winning it and how an average team made the semi finals, yet again my money was safe laying England however i am totally pee'd off CryCryCry
Report impossible123 July 11, 2018 10:00 PM BST
Sterling needs a sat nav implant.
Report sickoflayinwinners July 11, 2018 10:01 PM BST
i think neville has got it spot on kane demo disappeared in the last 45 mins tonight and againstcolombia, wasn't noticed smooch against sweden as we were 2 goals up.maybe we won't ever have to suffer that lump stones again, he's clueless and will continue to cost his team goals but for city doesn't matter that he cannot defend for toffee.i don't think eve over achieved , i think we've just done ok.be no spurs to me if croatia beat france in a one off game.
Report johnnythebull July 11, 2018 10:01 PM BST
if you don't take the multiple chances you create

you are likely to pay the price

even 2-0 no way croatia would've come back

it has just not been a quality WC for whatever reason

and the final will probably be in the same vein
Report anxious July 11, 2018 10:02 PM BST
See the bells out in force , the idiots who hate their own country
Report Aladdin Sane July 11, 2018 10:02 PM BST
Funny old game - Went from looking as if they couldn’t lose to looking as if they couldn’t win in the space of 30 minutes.  Once Croatia equalised they looked mentally and physically exhausted and the lack of creativity and composure began to show.
Nothing, however, should detract from the team spirit that Southgate created within the team in this tournament..
Report lewisham ranger July 11, 2018 10:03 PM BST
England were ****. Exposed as not good enough... one billion more years of hurt awaits us.
Report sickoflayinwinners July 11, 2018 10:05 PM BST
as the earlier poster says weve only played ok in 45 minutes off each game.on the bright side theres a few promising creative young midfielders in the pipeline i.e grealish.who I'm sure will step up tomato the next big comp.
Report Dr Crippen July 11, 2018 10:10 PM BST
Should have put it to bed in the first half.
If the other side scored they'd always be favourite to win and so it was.

Class is always taking your chances.
Report hulk23 July 11, 2018 10:11 PM BST
we scraped past algeria, beat sweden and gubbed a pub team that had no business in this tournament ...
Report stroodle July 11, 2018 10:12 PM BST
French will be tucking into their escargots (snails) cooked with garlic and butter, washed down with a few Kir Royale cocktails and hamlet cigars to finish off, waiting on the winners of the easy section. Devil
Report anxious July 11, 2018 10:12 PM BST
hatred still alive in fact in so called patriots
Report NBK July 11, 2018 10:13 PM BST
I'm not looking forward to the hype in 2/4 years
Report lurka July 11, 2018 10:13 PM BST
Kane was limping in ET against Colombia. I don't think he was fit the last 2 games.
Croatia looked the fitter team despite playing 120 minutes twice.
Individual errors cost you for both goals. First from Walker in not attacking the ball and second from Stones who ball watched for a second to let Mandzukic in behind him. Again, he should have moved towards the ball once it came back in from Walker's poor clearance. A lot of people said your defence would make mistakes and Croatia were the first team to have a real go at it.
England played some good football in the first half but could barely string two passes together after Croatia equalised and got progressively worse after that. They looked physically and mentally drained in ET.
Report anxious July 11, 2018 10:13 PM BST
the hate mob  in full focus
Report MJK July 11, 2018 10:14 PM BST
England did well to a point in the tournament, but having no guile in midfield against the better teams is costly. Cost Liverpool in the CL as well.
Report Ibrahima Sonko July 11, 2018 10:15 PM BST
anxious dont be so angry, some people need to express their anger other than calling people spivs.

England outdid their target.

Stop with your spoiling of it all.
Report differentdrum July 11, 2018 10:15 PM BST
Was Kane unfit or are they just looking for an excuse? Either way you didn't a great level of fitness to put that chance away and what does it say about the belief in Vardy and Rashford if he was unfit?
Report everyone's a winner July 11, 2018 10:16 PM BST
when we calm down and think about it, a semi final place surpassed almost all of our expectations pre tourney. i think we need to be pleased about that and there is no reason to be too negative about future competitions just now.
Report Greg_Gory July 11, 2018 10:17 PM BST
Report everyone's a winner July 11, 2018 10:18 PM BST
i agree about kane being off in the 2nd half but he wasn't the only one. i suspect Croatia's half time team talk was better tactically for them than ours did for us. that is so often the case when a team is behind though
Report NBK July 11, 2018 10:18 PM BST
fxxk off kn0bhead
Report anxious July 11, 2018 10:18 PM BST
Abraham im  not upset with punters thats fair enough , please dont enjoy your country's defeat
Report NBK July 11, 2018 10:18 PM BST
~greggory
Report tof July 11, 2018 10:18 PM BST

Jul 11, 2018 -- 10:14PM, MJK wrote:

England did well to a point in the tournament, but having no guile in midfield against the better teams is costly. Cost Liverpool in the CL as well.

wtf ffs croatia's s h i t ... how much more of an easy game do Ingerland want ... ffs ... they's lose to fecking Lesotho ...

Report tof July 11, 2018 10:19 PM BST
Croatia the tiniest country at the tournament ...
Report everyone's a winner July 11, 2018 10:20 PM BST
the size of the country is irrelevant.
Report Cardinal Scott July 11, 2018 10:21 PM BST

Jul 11, 2018 -- 10:19PM, tof wrote:

Croatia the tiniest country at the tournament ...

Uruguay

Report mesmerised July 11, 2018 10:21 PM BST
Iceland
Report lurka July 11, 2018 10:21 PM BST
No team who can play football is an easy game for England. Anyone with half a clue could see that England would struggle against a good footballing team. Croatia are the first one you met. The draw is the main reason you got this far, not that you are a good side. Set pieces and penalties will only get you past poorer sides
Report tof July 11, 2018 10:22 PM BST
nit pickers ...you knowotimean ...
Report tof July 11, 2018 10:22 PM BST
don't mention iceland ... eejit ...
Report Greg_Gory July 11, 2018 10:22 PM BST
NBK    11 Jul 18 22:18 
fxxk off kn0bhead

what you on about yuh fckn pr1ck
Report Cardinal Scott July 11, 2018 10:22 PM BST

Jul 11, 2018 -- 10:21PM, mesmerised wrote:

Iceland

You raised me and I cannot meet you....forgot about them

Report NBK July 11, 2018 10:24 PM BST
Oh well at least The Macc Lads are touring again soon #Get weavin
Report Greg_Gory July 11, 2018 10:25 PM BST
nobody more p1ssed off than me its just a joke ya p1ssflap
Report houseofpain July 11, 2018 10:25 PM BST
I can only think it finally got to the players as to watch they were about to achieve. Came out like frightened rabbits after the break, followed England all over Europe last 30 years and had more enjoyment these last few weeks then i can ever remember. We just havn't got that belief in ourselves. Only upside was a great game for a punt, we were never going to score after the equaliser.
Report NBK July 11, 2018 10:26 PM BST
time and a place you flap of p1ss
Report mesmerised July 11, 2018 10:27 PM BST
Laugh
Report lewisham ranger July 11, 2018 10:29 PM BST
england don't have a winning mentality. brazil win the quarters, germany win the quarters, they shrug their shoulders like it's nothing special. we celebrate like we've won the world cup
Report everyone's a winner July 11, 2018 10:30 PM BST
ah well, best get started on the campaign for the next one. we've got 4 years to come up with a rhyme / scan for 56 years of hurt..
Report lewisham ranger July 11, 2018 10:31 PM BST
worse thing is I had to watch it in a pub in scotland and endure miserable jocks cheering croat goals.
Report Greg_Gory July 11, 2018 10:31 PM BST
time and place you got me sh1ttin me knickers yuh d1cksplash
Report MJK July 11, 2018 10:32 PM BST
Croatia definitely seemed to use the first period of extra time to take a breather. It might have backfired on them but it showed the difference in experience on and off the field between the two.
Report tof July 11, 2018 10:32 PM BST

Jul 11, 2018 -- 10:25PM, houseofpain wrote:

I can only think it finally got to the players as to watch they were about to achieve. Came out like frightened rabbits after the break, followed England all over Europe last 30 years and had more enjoyment these last few weeks then i can ever remember. We just havn't got that belief in ourselves. Only upside was a great game for a punt, we were never going to score after the equaliser.

shud of buried them in the first 'alf Sterling is a waste of a participant ... Vardy shud of started and blitzed them ... then manage the game ...even after the equaliser better game management coulda got them to pens ...

Report RozelKid July 11, 2018 10:32 PM BST
Anyone listening to this tripe of **** on Radio 5 Live - saying they did the country proud and will get better .

All saying Southgate is brilliant for the team ...some callers saying he should be knighted .

Is everyone in the UK completely deranged ?
Report NBK July 11, 2018 10:32 PM BST
I always knew u were a bird
Report tof July 11, 2018 10:33 PM BST

Jul 11, 2018 -- 10:32PM, RozelKid wrote:

Anyone listening to this tripe of **** on Radio 5 Live - saying they did the country proud and will get better .All saying Southgate is brilliant for the team ...some callers saying he should be knighted .Is everyone in the UK completely deranged ?

LaughLaughLaugh

Report everyone's a winner July 11, 2018 10:35 PM BST
for want of stating the obvious,  the damage was done in normal time in the 2nd half. i wonder if we then thought it would be like Colombia if we got to penalties but i didn't fancy us to win twice on penalties either.
Report Greg_Gory July 11, 2018 10:35 PM BST
its you again innit ydc Laugh
Report lewisham ranger July 11, 2018 10:36 PM BST
vardy is as ordinary as anything at this level ... as if he would have made the difference....

croatia exposed us... we don't hold the ball well enough.. we're relying on hopeful long balls and set pieces.. truth is when we actually got it down and played that's when we looked our best, but croatia much more used to playing a passing game and their patience told in the latter stages
Report tof July 11, 2018 10:37 PM BST

Jul 11, 2018 -- 10:33PM, tof wrote:

Jul 11, 2018 -- 10:32PM, RozelKid wrote:Anyone listening to this tripe of **** on Radio 5 Live - saying they did the country proud and will get better .All saying Southgate is brilliant for the team ...some callers saying he should be knighted .Is everyone in the UK completely deranged ?

they're all talking like theres another world cup next year ... seems as though they don't realise how quickly young men/boys turn into balding rather plump ex player pundits and panelists...all with a sad world cup tale to tell ...

Report impossible123 July 11, 2018 10:38 PM BST
We tend to celebrate and reward failures. What has Mr Southgate achieved to warrant a knighthood? England got as far as they did solely on the luck of the draw, I firmly believe; came a cropper when playing Belgium and now the walking wounded Croatians.
Report tof July 11, 2018 10:38 PM BST
watch Coatia go and beat France ...
Report tof July 11, 2018 10:39 PM BST
... that will make us all feel a bit better ...
Report NBK July 11, 2018 10:39 PM BST
Good call Lewisham - It's called (foot)ball for a reason
Report houseofpain July 11, 2018 10:42 PM BST
I dont get this draw bull, best two sides in torney france/belgium.
Report RozelKid July 11, 2018 10:52 PM BST
England could have easily won that game tonight if the management had dealt with midfield tactical issues.

1. Didn't take off Henderson soon enough and didn't consider not starting him
3. Brought on another defensive Midfield player in exchange for Henderson ( Eric Dier)
4. Didn't start Ruben Loftus Cheek or bring him on instead of Dier

This had a knock on effect to the defence and forwards i.e no through balls to forwards or forwards runs , and the defence continuously passing the ball back to Pickford - Pickford did more passing to the forwards than any other midfielder
Report RozelKid July 11, 2018 10:53 PM BST
Harry Maguire could see the problem- he started making forward runs towards the end of the game
Report Capt__F July 11, 2018 11:04 PM BST
tunisia  /
panama   /
Belgium  X

Columbia  ? o n pens
Sweeden  /

CROATIA ( POP 4 M ) x

COME ON FEKIN GREAT RUN

SHOITE TOTAL SHOITE
Report RozelKid July 11, 2018 11:08 PM BST

Jul 11, 2018 -- 11:04PM, Capt__F wrote:

tunisia  /panama   /Belgium  XColumbia  ? o n pensSweeden  /CROATIA ( POP 4 M ) xCOME ON FEKIN GREAT RUNSHOITE TOTAL SHOITE

i agree

Report RozelKid July 11, 2018 11:10 PM BST
Gareth Southgate marketing team have conned the whole nation - they won a penalty shootout and everyone starts screaming its coming home - quite sad really.
Report everyone's a winner July 11, 2018 11:11 PM BST
it was all the waistcoat marketing commission
Report mega88 July 11, 2018 11:17 PM BST
I honestly think Southgate hasn't a clue, sure he can speak, sure he has a nice waist coat but what  else? fat sam would have got us through that a proper bread and butter pudding kinda manager
Report impossible123 July 11, 2018 11:20 PM BST
England will undoubtedly not have an easier passage to the final of this tournament in the future, I believe, yet England spurned it against a team of walking wounded; a golden opportunity missed, and probably not be presented ever again.

Mega opportunity missed.
Report GRANTCKING July 11, 2018 11:24 PM BST
CryCryCry
Report RozelKid July 11, 2018 11:27 PM BST

Jul 11, 2018 -- 11:20PM, impossible123 wrote:

England will undoubtedly not have an easier passage to the final of this tournament in the future, I believe, yet England spurned it against a team of walking wounded; a golden opportunity missed, and probably not be presented ever again.Mega opportunity missed.

Have to agree - thats what makes it so sick.

All they had to do is sort out a forward running midfielder to run at them directly and open up the space for Kane and other forwards. I cant understand how Southgate couldn't see that after the Sweden game.

They have left their game on the pitch tonight - im fcukin pissed off that something so easy to understand and implement..... has actually had them beaten  because it was simply ignored. Been saying all day that he needed to change the set up in midfield - ffs - cant believe he started with the same set-up even though they clearly had issues with creating opportunities in open play.

Report everyone's a winner July 11, 2018 11:31 PM BST
if he'd changed the team and then we hadn't won, that would have been all wrong too. honestly i think he was on a hiding to nothing there but i do wonder what was said at half time, it seemed to fall apart in the 2nd half
Report Geesyerdosh July 11, 2018 11:33 PM BST
They were never going to win it. Nice people like Southgate never win. They don't have that passionate anger that's borne into winners. When he was screaming at the crowd after one of the victory's it was so pathetic, as if he was trying to say "look at me I am passionate, I'm not too nice"
Report TheBetterBettor July 11, 2018 11:37 PM BST
We were 22 minutes away from an extra bank holiday.
Report sofiakenny July 11, 2018 11:37 PM BST
great post spot on.
Report RozelKid July 11, 2018 11:37 PM BST

Jul 11, 2018 -- 11:33PM, Geesyerdosh wrote:

They were never going to win it. Nice people like Southgate never win. They don't have that passionate anger that's borne into winners. When he was screaming at the crowd after one of the victory's it was so pathetic, as if he was trying to say "look at me I am passionate, I'm not too nice"

lol - and hugging all the players.

Still, the tactics were wrong in midfield - im unshakeable on that view. All the evidence points to it.

Report sofiakenny July 11, 2018 11:38 PM BST
meant for gees
Report stickyvicky July 11, 2018 11:46 PM BST

PS..Next post 2022
Report SontaranStratagem July 11, 2018 11:49 PM BST

Jul 11, 2018 -- 10:32PM, RozelKid wrote:

Anyone listening to this tripe of **** on Radio 5 Live - saying they did the country proud and will get better .All saying Southgate is brilliant for the team ...some callers saying he should be knighted .Is everyone in the UK completely deranged ?

Quite sad but not a shock is it

Sorry but they blew it tonight, against a tired team like that they should be getting the job done, all this "the future looks bright" Angry sorry but they had their chance NOW!! its so bloody annoying that talk, best chance ever and they blew it.

They did well reaching the semis but come on lets be realistic here

Report SontaranStratagem July 11, 2018 11:50 PM BST
and games like that leave mentle scars, the knowing you've blown a great opportunity can play on the mind
Report RozelKid July 12, 2018 12:01 AM BST
I just cant understand the midfield tactics - i mean wtf - the issues were there to see in the Sweden game with no through balls to the forwards and Kane tracking back to get the ball.

Every World Cup winning side always has a play maker in midfield running forward with the ball , it matters not if a team has a star player to take on that role... but as long as someone does take it on. It takes the pressure off fowards and defenders as well as creating space

Henderson & Dier never ran forward at all to create space in any game ...its not their fault as they were probably told not to as the set-up and formations shows it- i mean wtf is going on ? How can the management be so totally inept
Report xmoneyx July 12, 2018 12:04 AM BST
Someone said Croatia beat Nigeria and also beat their colonial masters

This is so deep
Report 1st time poster July 12, 2018 4:53 AM BST
hopes were downplayed beforehand , but most football fans expected England to reach the last 8 ,unless they got unlucky and drew a good team who,d underperformed in the group stage, then go out in the quarters, or to put it simply go out to the 1st decent team they played, by a stroke of luck we drew sweeden and then went out to the best team we played besides the dead rubber
Report sofaking July 12, 2018 6:24 AM BST
Things that didn’t exist the last time England reached the semi-finals:

iPhone
Facebook
Google
Amazon
Android
Twitter
Instagram
iPod
Yahoo
YouTube
Snapchat
Spotify
Tesla
Airbnb
Bitcoin
Fitbit
Emojis
iPad

and

Croatia!!!
Report RioGrande July 12, 2018 8:21 AM BST
lol, you know hats off to england. i do admire them for getting this far and how young the team is etc and first time for the coach.
Report sageform July 12, 2018 8:52 AM BST
sofaking, how many of the things on your list have made anyone's life better? Apart from this forum, I don't use any social media and don't intend to. I also don't have a smart phone. I do use Skype as I have an overseas business and it is free.
Report mesmerised July 12, 2018 8:55 AM BST
don't think colour TV was invented when Tottenham last won the league.
Report sageform July 12, 2018 9:06 AM BST
Probably true. Colour TV started in 1968. Pocchettino has a big job to do to motivate the 8 Spurs players who lost in the semi finals of the World Cup.
Report wondersobright July 12, 2018 9:42 AM BST
could have been trippy lad with the winning goal in the world cup semi final I am fkin gutted Cry
Report MJK July 12, 2018 9:51 AM BST
Interesting to hear where all these leaders we've been hearing about lately went last night. Also another big game for the Spurs lads and they went missing just like they did in Wembley v Juve.
Report lfc1971 July 12, 2018 9:53 AM BST
They were too busy giving soppy interviews
Report mesmerised July 12, 2018 10:15 AM BST
Probably true. Colour TV started in 1968. Pocchettino has a big job to do to motivate the 8 Spurs players who lost in the semi finals of the World Cup.

half of them had a bye.
Report impossible123 July 12, 2018 10:55 AM BST
Only the delusional would think England could win this World Cup after struggling to beat Colombia and losing to Belgium; England were as good as they played last night!
Report mrtopnotch July 12, 2018 11:17 AM BST
Possession
Croatia 55%
England 45%

Shots
Croatia 22
England 11

On target
Croatia 7
England 2

Passes
Croatia 622
England 479

Passing accuracy
Croatia 494
England 377
Report rommel July 12, 2018 11:47 AM BST
themover
themover 11 Jul 18 14:53 Joined: 25 Apr 03 | Topic/replies: 49,821 | Blogger: themover's blog
63% interest just for logging in, England to qualify. Thank you very much.
Report rommel July 12, 2018 11:47 AM BST
haha,had to go back n find that
Report sofaking July 13, 2018 1:31 AM BST

Jul 12, 2018 -- 8:52AM, sageform wrote:

sofaking, how many of the things on your list have made anyone's life better? Apart from this forum, I don't use any social media and don't intend to. I also don't have a smart phone. I do use Skype as I have an overseas business and it is free.

Very true.  They're mostly useless "inventions" especially the social media crap.

Report sofaking July 13, 2018 1:32 AM BST

Jul 12, 2018 -- 8:55AM, mesmerised wrote:

don't think colour TV was invented when Tottenham last won the league.

Very true but absolutely irrelevant and off-topic. Surprised

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now