Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Aspro
02 Jul 18 21:29
| Topic/replies: 9,552 | Blogger: Aspro's blog
It appears our thread has gone Cry
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ***The Spurs Files 2***
Show More
Report EUGENE KRABS October 28, 2018 2:17 PM GMT
Philadelphia and Jacksonville doing a right number on the Wembley pitch Cry
Report sageform October 28, 2018 2:23 PM GMT
Hope Palace can take points off Arsenal today (1-0 HT) but Spurs are up against it tomorrow.
Report sageform October 28, 2018 2:41 PM GMT
1-1 Sad
Report sofaking October 28, 2018 3:04 PM GMT
1-2 Arse. 0-3 Chelsea. The minnows are not putting up any sort of a fight this season.
Report sageform October 28, 2018 3:21 PM GMT
2-2. Praying for the whistle now.
Report mafeking October 28, 2018 3:37 PM GMT
gooners flattering to deceive. unbelievable number of missed chances by the opposition in this winning run. still very dodgy at the back

unbelievable really that at least 1 of cardiff, huddersfield, fulham and newcastle will stay up and there are 3 or 4 other desperately poor sides. 30 might keep you up never mind 40

surely the more the merrier these 20 stone blokes trudge up and down wembley today. it could level things up somewhat which the pitch certainly won't be Mischief
Report dr . atkins October 28, 2018 4:24 PM GMT
question you buy a season tickets for a new stadium you have not played one game at the new stadium are spurs giving refunds to people who thought you were going to play at whl
Report ufcdan October 28, 2018 8:54 PM GMT
Think about that one doc Wink If you need a clue "He went to the bar, bought himself a larger" Laugh
Report sofaking October 28, 2018 9:05 PM GMT
a larger what?
Report ufcdan October 28, 2018 9:14 PM GMT
Larger top, larger and lime your choice sofaking
Report propunter1 October 29, 2018 9:43 AM GMT
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/28/mauricio-pochettino-tottenham-hotspur-manchester-city-premier-league

Poch ‘I think the club is not focused completely in winning titles’ ...

“The circumstance that happened in the last years, I think the club is not focused completely in winning titles or winning games,”
Report Aspro October 29, 2018 12:33 PM GMT
There was talk going around, quite a few years ago, that Levy was going to build the stadium and then sell up. Maybe that's still the case
Report jed.davison October 29, 2018 1:17 PM GMT
Surely Levy is just going to do whatever Lewis tells him?
Report Aspro October 29, 2018 1:23 PM GMT
Well yes Jed, but it'll be Levy's decision in the media
Report FIGJAM October 29, 2018 4:34 PM GMT
I suppose after spending a billion quid,the odd 100 million might be hard to find.
That said I 'm surprised we've done so well although I'm sure the odds of 9-2 against us
tonight are about right.
The scum went through a transitional phrase whist their stadium was rebuilt.
In the future no doubt this era of new training ground, hotels and stadium will be looked back as a seminal moment.
of course I'm not alone in wanting it now as the present generation demand.

Meanwhile if Poch was to go, I'd love it,really love it we got Eddy Howe who has maintained a team in the prem with gates of
11,000 and limited funds.
Report dr . atkins October 29, 2018 4:42 PM GMT
so no refund then on season tickets
Report jed.davison October 29, 2018 5:04 PM GMT
Why would that bother you doctor? What a sad life
Report keeping silent October 29, 2018 7:16 PM GMT
Excuses at full time “ we put pressure on City “ and “ we finished a close 2nd “
Absolutely nailed on
Report ribero1 October 29, 2018 7:31 PM GMT
Sissoko starts ffs.
Report eyeball October 29, 2018 8:03 PM GMT
I have a cunning plan
Report sageform October 29, 2018 8:27 PM GMT
Sissoko the best player on the pitch so far but as usual, Lamela is the worst. As a Spurs fan I am ashamed to have the man in the team.
Report woundedknee October 29, 2018 10:01 PM GMT
you know your in trouble when sissoko is yer best player
Report Aspro October 29, 2018 10:10 PM GMT
If we could sell Sissoko tonight I'd be the first to back it but credit where due; he put in a shift tonight

Impressed with Alli's cameo too. He looked sharp, which could be good news for Wolves away

Team will be much changed on Wednesday
Report mafeking October 29, 2018 11:54 PM GMT
could have been worse. didn't expect much better and might have got something out of it with any sort of composure

was confusing with the NFL sidelines 7 or 8 yards inside the pitch and kevin friend deciding it was a good idea to wear almost the same colours as city Whoops

seems poch didn't know whether to stick or twist with the team selection. couldn't win as people will no doubt moan about the likes of sissoko starting but same people will moan if we pick a very weak side against west ham. assume eriksen, dele and son will be starting on weds
Report dr . atkins October 30, 2018 12:31 PM GMT
not having a dig just want to know surely you should be entitled some kind of refund if you bought a season ticket for white hart lane
Report ufcdan October 30, 2018 8:40 PM GMT
Fxxk me doc, I have got to try and explain again LaughWink
Report mafeking October 31, 2018 12:05 PM GMT
more utter drivel from the mail today. apparently a 2nd round league cup tie where we (and everyone else for that matter) will field half a side at best is vitally important. who are liverpool playing btw ?
Report ribero1 October 31, 2018 1:29 PM GMT
Indeed maf,Samuels obviously having a day off,handed over the baton to Adam Crafton.
Report TheAnorak October 31, 2018 1:58 PM GMT
Fairly similar stuff here from the Guardian - better written, and he's funny about Carragher, but still prety cynical.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/oct/30/mauricio-pochettino-to...
Report FIGJAM October 31, 2018 3:04 PM GMT
I'm making my way to the London stadium tonight to see how bad it is.
Appears a nightmare to get to, worse than WHL and that's saying something.

Going back to City, Trippier having been given the freedom of the city of Bury among
other accolades, appears to let matters go to his head.
Outstanding last season, has been lack luster this.
Sanchez looks like a rabbit trapped in the headlights when passed the ball.

Be interesting to see Foyth this evening,imho should be given a chance.

Wolves next Saturday should have the nucleus of our best team as long as Sissoko(one half decent game in 3 years)
isn't playing.
Report sageform October 31, 2018 7:45 PM GMT
Only been to the stadium for the World Athletics but I was amazed at how far you need to walk from the tube station. At least 40 minutes if there is a big crowd. It made the walk from the most distant car park at Cheltenham look like a walk down the garden path.
Report eyeball October 31, 2018 10:01 PM GMT
Foyth played well
Report Aspro October 31, 2018 10:09 PM GMT
Easy tie in the next round... bring it on!
Report mafeking November 1, 2018 1:42 AM GMT
can't pretend i give a rat's backside about early round domestic cup ties these days but mildly amusing to put west ham in their place twice in a week with nothing like a first choice team on either occasion. that said given the draw and unless we're extremely lucky in any potential semi final draw a very slim chance of winning this competition

following on from my post at lunchtime yet more absolute nonsense on the bbc sport website tonight about us not moving into the new ground. if i were daniel levy i'd be making the press box smaller and smaller all the time. should be a long list of persona non grata. from the reports you'd think we're be moving into the new ground in 5 years time let alone a few months. yes it's very disappointing to have these delays and there's a chance now we may spend a 2nd season at wembley. i hate it as much at the next man but in the grand scheme of things what does a few months matter it will there for the next few generations. don't have a lot of time for moaners and groaners who won't go to wembley and give fuel to the idiots in the media already queueing up to have a pop at spurs. everyone needs get behind the club. for absolute definite no one else will
Report FIGJAM November 1, 2018 1:31 PM GMT
Some observations last night.
Levy was right he would have knocked the stadium down if he'd have bought it.
Toilet facilities of a third world nation.
Two pith invaders, the first dressed like A Croatian waiter, greeted by the Spurs fans
"Is that Mark Noble".

Foyth was immense, KPR wasn't, which is a shame I thought he was better than that, he got bullied by Antonio.
Deli and Sonny are  back on form although Eriksen isn't yet.
Very good team performance all round.
Report sofaking November 3, 2018 9:45 PM GMT
Two penalties conceded by Foyth.  It appears that the boy is not quite ready yet.
Report FIGJAM November 3, 2018 10:01 PM GMT
More bollox from the guy who sits on the sofa.
Arrogance by Trippier with a hospital pass, as I've said  previously he's believing
his own publicity, alright Fotth was put under pressure but so was the whole team by Trippier.
The boy is ready he just needs a run.
Report sofaking November 3, 2018 10:10 PM GMT
You have yourself a good evening Figgy.  And watch that blood pressure.
Report sofaking November 3, 2018 10:18 PM GMT
Be interesting to see if Poch agree with you and keeps him in for a run of games. Wink
Report FIGJAM November 3, 2018 10:30 PM GMT
Foyth selected for the Argentinian squad. MOM against West Ham midweek in which he was outstanding.
Trippier was out shone by the Wolves right back Doherty, and has been like Marmite since the World Cup.
Mark my words he'll be better then Sanchez and will bring the ball out from the back which only Jan does for us atmo.
Report sofaking November 3, 2018 10:43 PM GMT
Yeah I agree that he certainly looks a better long term prospect than Sanchez but maybe needs to be eased into the first team.
Report Aspro November 3, 2018 11:12 PM GMT
Feel for him really; will do his confidence no good at all. Thankfully we still won but probably not wise to put him in again for a while. Perhaps a few more cameos first
Report ribero1 November 4, 2018 12:05 AM GMT
Coasting till Trippier playing silly buggers showboating.
Sissoko should be playing American football,i don't know much about the game but can't you have a good game without touching the ball,in that case he's made for it.
Report Hanx November 4, 2018 10:52 AM GMT

Nov 3, 2018 -- 6:12PM, Aspro wrote:

Feel for him really; will do his confidence no good at all. Thankfully we still won but probably not wise to put him in again for a while. Perhaps a few more cameos first

We won did we?

Only I watched it on MOTD, saw us score 3 and Wolves score 2, yet we got completely ignored and told how great Wolves are.

Similar thing on the BBC text commentary - too busy slagging Hugo off and saying how 'easy on the eye' Wolves are.

Report Aspro November 4, 2018 11:02 AM GMT
Fair point Hanx
Report mafeking November 4, 2018 3:53 PM GMT
our strange old season continues. total control to total shambles just like that. we've hardly put 2 decent halves together in the same game all season. 2nd half an absolute shocker

a real gamble with the team leaving out sanchez, eriksen and dele. you'd have to be a mind reader to predict the side from game to game. we've made so many changes but somehow have kept it together for the most part

not the best week for kieran trippier. horrific defending against sterling on monday and then at fault on both foyth pens. surely you've gotta get your defensive head on especially with a comfortable lead and protect a young player making his league debut. saying something when you think aurier is probably a better option at the moment

still our phenomenal run of away wins continues. won 11 and lost only 2 in 2018 so far. in recent seasons away from home we've had plenty of dominant winning draws but at the moment we're managing to turn average performances into draws
Report mafeking November 4, 2018 3:58 PM GMT
hanx, spot on. the negativity towards all things spurs in the media is laughable. all they had to say is that spurs are doing remarkably well having played 7 away games, no home ground and all sorts of injuries - dele and eriksen have still hardly kicked a ball in the league since august - but they can't even manage that
Report sageform November 6, 2018 8:00 PM GMT
Great to see Ericsson back but still no Vertongan. Win or bust tonight.
Report sageform November 6, 2018 8:02 PM GMT
Looks like bust already!
Report ufcdan November 6, 2018 8:16 PM GMT
Good start, backed you lot sincerely I hope I don't do my money Excited
Report sofaking November 6, 2018 8:18 PM GMT

Nov 6, 2018 -- 2:16PM, ufcdan wrote:

Good start, backed you lot sincerely I hope I don't do my money

Spurs are already out of the CL.  Ideally a loss here which'll mean avoiding the dreaded Europey League.

Report irishone November 6, 2018 8:25 PM GMT
This spurs performance is poor
Looking tired, the f b lucas is very inventive
The rest are slow missing tackles
Need a good dressing down h t
Report sageform November 6, 2018 8:40 PM GMT
I support Spurs but the chance to lay them at 1.7 after they went one down was just too good to be true. Hard to score two against a defence like this one.
Report ribero1 November 6, 2018 8:45 PM GMT
After all the grief Trippier's had lately it was easy to forget what a clown Aurier is!
Report Aspro November 6, 2018 9:00 PM GMT
Should have had a few that half; not too concerned... yet!
Report sofaking November 6, 2018 9:02 PM GMT
Aspro, you're ok with qualifying for Europey?
Report ribero1 November 6, 2018 9:26 PM GMT
Kane has been ridiculously greedy.
Report irishone November 6, 2018 9:52 PM GMT
Fair play to the boss, great substituitions
Report Aspro November 6, 2018 9:59 PM GMT

Nov 6, 2018 -- 3:02PM, sofaking wrote:

Aspro, you're ok with qualifying for Europey?

Yep and I'd like us to challenge for it too

Report woundedknee November 6, 2018 10:03 PM GMT
saved my bacon... sorry... my bet Grin
Report sofaking November 6, 2018 10:06 PM GMT

Nov 6, 2018 -- 3:59PM, Aspro wrote:

Nov  6, 2018 --  9:02PM, sofaking wrote:Aspro, you're ok with qualifying for Europey?Yep and I'd like us to challenge for it too

And you think Poch will give it any respect?  He never has in the past.

Report sofaking November 6, 2018 10:08 PM GMT
I remember his team selections last time in Europey v Dortmund. He sent the B team over there and they got smashed and then foolishly puts out a full team in the home leg as if they had a chance of overturning a 3-0 deficit against one of the best team in Europe. He treats it as no more valuable that the League Cup.
Report ufcdan November 6, 2018 10:14 PM GMT
saved my bacon... sorry... my bet Grin

Did you really have a bet woundedknee or are you telling porkies Wink
Report Aspro November 6, 2018 10:15 PM GMT
Sofa, I doubt he will... saddens me
Report sofaking November 6, 2018 10:17 PM GMT

Nov 6, 2018 -- 4:15PM, Aspro wrote:

Sofa, I doubt he will... saddens me

I'd like if he really went for it but his opinion of it seems to change from game to game.  Sadly the chances of winning the Europey (or anything!) under Poch are extremely remote.

Report Aspro November 6, 2018 10:18 PM GMT
I know but my thinking is if we can get to the latter stages then it may give him food for thought
Report sofaking November 6, 2018 10:27 PM GMT

Nov 6, 2018 -- 4:18PM, Aspro wrote:

I know but my thinking is if we can get to the latter stages then it may give him food for thought

Hmmm.  He previously got them to the latter stages and sent the kids the Dortmund.  I don't think anything has changed in his opinion of this trophy.

Report sofaking November 6, 2018 10:27 PM GMT
to Dortmund*
Report Aspro November 6, 2018 10:30 PM GMT
You're probably right... one can dream
Report mafeking November 7, 2018 1:30 AM GMT
can't pretend i have much love for the prospect of the europa league but certainly didn't wanna lose to a load of rubbish like that. as much as we've won 2 or 3 away games in the league which we might not have deserved it's been returned in full in the CL. a 4-3 scoreline over the 2 games is laughable. 6-2 would be nearer the mark and we might have had double figures with even slightly better finishing, luck and reffing

beat inter and at least take it to the last game and you never know. failing that we can decide what to do with the europa league in february. certainly will have no chance if we're still playing home games at wembley by then. only have to see liverpool's results to see the difference proper home advantage can make. can only imagine the reaction if we'd produced a result way beyond diabolical that they had tonight

still 150 goals up for harry kane if he hangs on to the winner and he's looked more like his old self recently. excellent performance for england against spain and 4 or 5 shots on target against wolves
Report Hanx November 7, 2018 8:19 AM GMT
Maybe this is it, this season?

Maybe we're not just about to hit our straps and start pasting teams 5-0?

Equally, maybe we're not over-achieving and a string of losses is just around the corner.

What if this is how it's going to be, nickel-and-dimeing it every game, hanging on, giving goals away from insurmountable leads, comebacks in the last ten minutes, keep winning by the odd goal and our goal difference resolutely improving by '1' every game with the press writing us off at every turn?
Report Aspro November 7, 2018 9:38 AM GMT
We've all seen the state of the Wembley pitch and considering we have to play on it more than anyone else then surely this has an effect. It may explain why our away form is good; the players probably enjoy it more.

Playing on that surface is not going to see the game we're capable of
Report mafeking November 7, 2018 10:51 AM GMT
it's been really difficult. hardly any "home" games and of the 6 we've had 3 have been against liverpool, barca and city the latter 2 with half a side playing. the atmosphere at wembley is beyond dreadful with 20000+ from last season having knocked it on the head. we'll get 70000 for chelsea but after that be lucky if we get 50000 against anyone else before xmas given the motley collection of rubbish we're playing

we've just gotta hang on at the moment and are doing a great job of it. once we get past palace, chelsea and the filth we'll start favourites for at least the following 12 league games 8 of which are home. should be comfortably in a top 4 position after that
Report FIGJAM November 7, 2018 2:27 PM GMT
Spurs atmosphere last night was dreadful as opposed to 8000? Dutch supporters making a racket.
Never would have happened at WHL.
Imho Eriksen had a nightmare although read somewhere he was excellent.
Poch was booed when he took of Moira whereas Sonny was indifferent.
I thought Davies and Winks had  good games the latter is improving,
I might be made to eat my words on him yet,and Llorente made a difference when he came on.

Very poor attendance last night I've met a lot of people who are boycotting Wembley, especially as the refunds
on their season ticket are mounting up.
Report mafeking November 9, 2018 1:44 PM GMT
you may have noticed that i am far from one of the biggest fans of martin samuel's opinions on all things spurs but knock me down with a feather some common sense from him today

it was a highly crass decision from whoever it was who thought it was a good idea to run those ads about the new WHL being the only place to watch CL in london this season but that's all it was and providing some minor amusement from fans of other clubs. however some gooner clown reported it to the ASA who basically dismissed it out of hand

yet even more incredibly BBC sport see fit to run this nonsense non story on the front page of their website. i know they have zero credibility as a serious news organisation these days but even so this is absolutely scraping the barrel Crazy
Report FIGJAM November 10, 2018 4:39 PM GMT
Sissoko and Wanyama, that doesn't look good.
Crazy
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! November 10, 2018 4:50 PM GMT
More worried about Foyth

Devil
Report sofaking November 10, 2018 4:52 PM GMT
Explosive rant from FIGJAM incoming. Wink
Report eyeball November 10, 2018 5:08 PM GMT
midfield looks wrong but a bonus no saha
Report eyeball November 10, 2018 5:09 PM GMT
zaha evenLaugh
Report Aspro November 10, 2018 5:26 PM GMT
Zaha will be a big miss. Only real danger is Townsend (if on-form) who has the potential to be a thorn; Ayew is usually crap! Otherwise we should be able to see this game out
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! November 10, 2018 5:29 PM GMT
1.75 is a STEAL

Wink
Report ufcdan November 10, 2018 5:34 PM GMT
1.9 last night was better
Report sofaking November 10, 2018 5:38 PM GMT
Hugo looking shaky. Scared
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! November 10, 2018 5:55 PM GMT
EVENS NOW

Cry
Report Aspro November 10, 2018 7:27 PM GMT
Onwards and upwards ...never in doubt
Report sofaking November 10, 2018 7:29 PM GMT
10 win from last 13 away games I think.  Grin
Report FIGJAM November 10, 2018 7:32 PM GMT
I admire those who back odds on away.Plain

So pleased Foyth played well, MOM against W Ham, thrown under a bus by Trippier against
Wolves,going to be a player for Spurs.
Report Aspro November 10, 2018 7:36 PM GMT
That game will make Foyth an even better player. He had a lot to overcome
Report mafeking November 11, 2018 12:11 AM GMT
well 5 away wins in a row and from brighton onwards probably getting less convincing by the game. still takes a bit of doing making all sorts of changes and injuries in the game as well. dunno how poch remains so calm when it's certainly doesn't obviously look like a goal is gonna come - i was screaming and hollering for eriksen and winks to come on from early on 2nd half. we had no one who could play a telling forward pass. anyway you make your league position certainly at the top end of the table by your away record and 7 wins out of 8 by hook or by crook is a tremedous record

that said and i didn't wanna say anything while we had a run of away games against the non elite sides but we've been going off at some ridiculous prices. have won more than two thirds of these sort of games in the last 2 and a half seasons winning something like 23 and losing only 4 yet we  go off close to evens a lot of the time and absurdly 2.4 at wolves last week

finally i've gotta say according to the pundits liverpool are a great side and spurs are having a shambles of season yet in all comps so far it's liverpool 10 wins spurs 11. work that one out CoolCrazy
Report sofaking November 11, 2018 2:53 AM GMT
Happy for Foyth and glad he kept his place in the team.  Chelsea at Wembley up next. Plain
Report ribero1 November 11, 2018 8:57 AM GMT
Another grinder-another 3 points,whats not to like? international break hopefully helpful,can enjoy Cheltenham with a football free weekend.
Report FIGJAM November 11, 2018 1:25 PM GMT
sofaking
03 Nov 18 22:45
| Topic/replies: 27,936 | Blogger: sofaking's blog
Two penalties conceded by Foyth.  It appears that the boy is not quite ready yet

sofaking
11 Nov 18 02:53
| Topic/replies: 27,936 | Blogger: sofaking's blog
Happy for Foyth and glad he kept his place in the team. 

Is that humble pie you're eating there sofaking?Surprised
Report sageform November 11, 2018 3:46 PM GMT
stick in there Everton, take a point from Chelsea.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! November 11, 2018 4:12 PM GMT
yEHA

Devil
Report mafeking November 11, 2018 4:15 PM GMT
everton looking a much improved side than under allardyce. not difficult obviously. how bad is morata ? Laugh
Report sageform November 11, 2018 4:31 PM GMT
Just need 2 more draws today now.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! November 11, 2018 4:32 PM GMT
AND 4 RED CARDS

Laugh
Report mafeking November 11, 2018 6:54 PM GMT
weekend could hardly have gone better for us. city winning the right result for us. no one's getting anywhere near them again this season
Report sofaking November 13, 2018 9:05 PM GMT

Nov 11, 2018 -- 7:25AM, FIGJAM wrote:

sofaking03 Nov 18 22:45Joined: 08 Nov 07| Topic/replies: 27,936 | Blogger: sofaking's blogTwo penalties conceded by Foyth.  It appears that the boy is not quite ready yetsofaking11 Nov 18 02:53Joined: 08 Nov 07| Topic/replies: 27,936 | Blogger: sofaking's blogHappy for Foyth and glad he kept his place in the team.  Is that humble pie you're eating there sofaking?

Just a little. Grin

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now