Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Aspro
02 Jul 18 21:29
| Topic/replies: 9,936 | Blogger: Aspro's blog
It appears our thread has gone Cry
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ***The Spurs Files 2***
Show More
Report Reynard January 8, 2019 6:44 PM GMT
sofaking • January 8, 2019 1:31 AM GMT
Palace away in the next round. The quadruple is on. Excited   Not too bothered about the game tomorrow and not sure how seriously Poch'll take it.

I still think you should be looking to get past Chelsea and give 100% v Man City in the final .
I fully understand your concerns about actually competing seriously for a trophy but you have plenty of time between now and then to rearrange your trophy cabinet so as to makes a little room at the back for the EFL Cup . If you are unfortunate enough to win more than one piece of silverware this season then you may have to consider extending the trophy room at your new gaff to accommodate your collection .
Good luck this evening Cool
Report sofaking January 8, 2019 7:09 PM GMT

Jan 8, 2019 -- 12:44PM, Reynard wrote:

sofaking • January 8, 2019 1:31 AM GMTPalace away in the next round. The quadruple is on. Excited   Not too bothered about the game tomorrow and not sure how seriously Poch'll take it.I still think you should be looking to get past Chelsea and give 100% v Man City in the final . I fully understand your concerns about actually competing seriously for a trophy but you have plenty of time between now and then to rearrange your trophy cabinet so as to makes a little room at the back for the EFL Cup . If you are unfortunate enough to win more than one piece of silverware this season then you may have to consider extending the trophy room at your new gaff to accommodate your collection .Good luck this evening

Reynard, I'd certainly like for Spurs to win this cup but I'm remaining stoic as I'm unconvinced how much Poch will really go for it. And recent semi-final appearances certainly don't inspire confidence. Hope I'm wrong though. Grin

Report shlotter January 8, 2019 8:15 PM GMT
Reynard, you will end up in the funny farm saying that they will win things....come on son, get real
Report sageform January 8, 2019 8:58 PM GMT
Spurs- Burton finalHappy
Report ufcdan January 8, 2019 9:00 PM GMT
Burton 2019 winners it is then
Report mafeking January 9, 2019 12:28 AM GMT
pretty clear we won that for one reason alone the sheer ineptitude of chelsea in and around the box. as we suspected they are really struggling for goals at the moment

on the plus side we can't possibly play as badly at stamford bridge. only 1 game now in the next 12 days so a chance to regroup and get some much needed rest after this mad period of a game every 3 days
Report Knight Rider January 9, 2019 2:24 AM GMT
Central midfield has gone down a notch this season hasn't it.  I'm a big Wanyama fan, hopefully we can get him back in the fold at some point.  But it's definitely the position where I'd love to see us stick 50m+ on the table for a player that Poch fancies.  Easier said than done of course, they don't grow on trees!
Report mafeking January 9, 2019 2:35 AM GMT
long time no see, KR

we've done fantastically well considering sissoko and winks have had to hold the fort for the majority of the season so far. no surprise that we haven't looked that secure defensively and well below the standards of 2016/17 when dembele and waynama were a fixture in the side and gave great protection to the back 4. tbh hard to see waynama returning to anything like he was now after all the injuries. looked miles off the pace in his fleeting appearances earlier in the season. obviously if we can get vertonghen back with alderweireld together on a regular basis in the next few weeks should look a lot better
Report Knight Rider January 9, 2019 2:43 AM GMT
Got fed up of all the moaning Maf especially from one particular poster.

If we can secure top 4 again this season I think that's a great effort but we will need to have a really good summer in the transfer market.  As mentioned centre mid is a glaring need but Alderweireld looks like he's off, Vertonghen coming towards the end and Lloris needs to be replaced (am hoping Gazzaniga is good enough to do that but we don't really know yet).  Sanchez has disappointed me a bit this season, thought he was going to really kick on in year 2.  Felt like his best performances were when we played a back three last year, Poch seems to have abandoned that completely.  Shame as you could see it suiting the likes of Foyth as well.
Report shlotter January 9, 2019 3:14 AM GMT
dream on, dream on, with a dvd in your hand. And you'll never dream alone, you'll never dream alone....
Report ribero1 January 9, 2019 8:51 AM GMT
Agree guys,was just thinking the same re the midfield,how last night was crying out for an on song Dembele.
Report ribero1 January 9, 2019 8:54 AM GMT
Hi KR,talking of absentee posters I can report that Rogerthebutler is alive and well! saw him at Cheltenham on new years day.
Report FIGJAM January 9, 2019 12:39 PM GMT
Over run in midfield same as against Wolves.
Despite what mafe says Dembele will be sorely missed.
Thank god the Chavs decided to play without a proper centre forward otherwise it
might have been a different story.
Dier and to some extent Wayama badly missed,because Eriksen and Dele were almost 
holding midfielders.

Atmosphere 100% better, with Rose and Toby outstanding.
Toby and Eriksen should be signed up quickly , because we are not going
to be anywhere near the same standard without them.

Unfortunately the tie not sealed and I'm none too hopeful next leg, although Sarri
will need to change his tactics or buy Higuain.
Report mafeking January 9, 2019 1:10 PM GMT
of course we will need a replacement for dembele but he's looked on his last legs for a while anyway. dier has been badly missed. no one to break it up at the moment

agree it was much better closing the top level and having everyone in the lower 2 tiers. no gaps behind the goals last night

suppose in the cold light of day shows we can now beat the best teams even being nowhere near our best. same at old trafford stayed in the game then ran away with it. did well not to buckle under intense pressure particularly 2nd half

not sure what will really change for the 2nd leg. chelsea still unlikely to be much more potent in front of goal and if anything we've better away from the normally awful wembley atmosphere
Report Aspro January 9, 2019 2:24 PM GMT
Unfortunately the tie not sealed and I'm none too hopeful next leg

I'm not so negative Fig; I firmly believe that at we're capable of at least one goal, which needs Chelsea to score two just to survive the tie. I think we have every chance of making the final.
Report mafeking January 9, 2019 2:51 PM GMT
only lost 3 prem away games in 2018 and only 1 by more than 1 goal. have to be strong favourites to qualify
Report flat16 January 9, 2019 3:00 PM GMT
Personnel in midfield contentious ,what isn't is that "the diamond" is not a good set up to defend ,at least three sides simply overload midfield after going behind and dominate Spurs
Report FIGJAM January 11, 2019 12:57 PM GMT
Imho I thought that we played our best defence with 3 at the back in Jan, Sanchez and Toby with Dier and Dembele our
optimum midfield.
Injuries have obviously upset that but I'd like to see our back 3 restored ASAP.

Two circa 11/10 chances this week which looked under priced are us and Arsenil.
If we play Winks and Sissoko in midfield again, we'll get over run.
Report FIGJAM January 11, 2019 1:01 PM GMT
Appendage to that in so far as Dier and certainly Wanyama aren't fit,
so I'm none too hopeful of a win Sunday.
Report mafeking January 11, 2019 1:02 PM GMT
gotta make sure we get son and kane running at phil jones and co as much as possible. it's a very bad back 4
Report mafeking January 11, 2019 1:04 PM GMT
they certainly wouldn't have got away with the openings newcastle created in their last away game
Report shlotter January 11, 2019 1:11 PM GMT
there was a right bargain today in the charity shop. there was a load of old Spurs shirts going for pennies!!
Report FIGJAM January 11, 2019 1:22 PM GMT
True mafe, I guess there will be quite a few goals in this game.
Report mafeking January 11, 2019 1:35 PM GMT
3 comfortable home wins last 3 seasons

i know you're not a fan but i think i'd try and get lamela in there. we've looked leggy at times in recent games and at least he'll charge around, make tackles and not give the opposition time on the ball
Report FIGJAM January 11, 2019 3:51 PM GMT
I'm worried for two reasons.
One we've got way more injuries than Man U.
Two their manager is getting the standard they should've had attained under the previous manager
given the spend.

That said as you mentioned their defence apart from the goalkeeper is decidedly dodgy.
What is apparent is that we're not a 11/10 chance in 3 horse race.
Report Aspro January 11, 2019 3:57 PM GMT
Can't read too much into recent Utd results, even Mourinho would have won those, but as you say Fig, we do have a lot of injuries which could be a factor.
Report mafeking January 11, 2019 4:06 PM GMT
indeed 4 hopeless cases and a totally out of form bournemouth. questions would have to be asked of any top club who failed to win at least 4 of those 5 whoever the manager. not a big fan of mid season breaks to hot destinations either. seen plenty of teams come back with flip flops on at least initially

11/10 is around the right price to me. home win between 2 teams of roughly equal ability should be slightly odds against. the 2.6 against chelsea was way out of line
Report Aspro January 11, 2019 4:12 PM GMT
I think one advantage we do have is playing on a pitch that is still obviously bumpy, which would suit us better considering we've had no choice but to get used to it. Keep Pogba quiet and the rest should go to form.
Report SOULDANCER January 12, 2019 6:40 AM GMT
If they can't beat Man utd they wanna give up.
Report Reynard January 12, 2019 11:05 AM GMT
SOULDANCER • January 12, 2019 6:40 AM GMT
If they can't beat Man utd they wanna give up.

SOULDANCER • January 12, 2019 6:40 AM GMT
If they can't beat Wolves they wanna give up.

COYI
Report FIGJAM January 12, 2019 11:41 AM GMT
The last two posts illustrate why there are so many mug punters.
No knowledge of injuries or form.
Report SOULDANCER January 12, 2019 11:59 AM GMT
Can't see anywhere saying I actually bet them.
Report FIGJAM January 12, 2019 12:13 PM GMT
So why post a juvenile comment, unless of course you are a juvenile?
Report Aspro January 12, 2019 12:14 PM GMT
I read an interesting article yesterday. Arsenal, City, Soton and West Ham all saw their points total drop from the previous season after entering a new stadium. Never easy adjusting to new surroundings I guess.
Report mafeking January 12, 2019 12:40 PM GMT
would say there's a massive difference from moving straight from a much loved old ground straight into an identikit plastic bowl whereas we're desperate to escape wembley and can only be a massive boost to players and fans alike when we finally move in
Report SOULDANCER January 12, 2019 1:07 PM GMT
Figjam,

Just saying it's a game they should win if they want to be taken seriously.

You might not agree with that and that's fair enough.
Report jed.davison January 12, 2019 1:25 PM GMT
'if they want to be taken seriously'

Why does this thread attract so many imbeciles?
Report mafeking January 12, 2019 2:28 PM GMT
won 15 of last 18 in all comps inc chelsea x2, arsenal x2, barca and inter. we'll just keep winning matches and let everyone else worry what we're doing that's so wrong
Report anxious January 12, 2019 2:34 PM GMT
last few games you have dealt with us quite easily especially at home apart from the semi-final , think you will be favs tomorrow but could be a close game
Report sageform January 12, 2019 3:37 PM GMT
chance to go 10 clear of Arsenal tomorrow.
Report jed.davison January 12, 2019 3:52 PM GMT
That's nice, but surely our sights should be raised higher, especially if Brighton keep Liverpool out today.
Report jedi sophie January 12, 2019 4:58 PM GMT
Worst Arsenal team I can remember.
Woeful...
Report Reynard January 12, 2019 5:44 PM GMT
jed.davison • January 12, 2019 1:25 PM GMT

Why does this thread attract so many imbeciles?

It's called 'THE SPURS FILES 2' , so , at the risk of stating the obvious , it's gonna attract a large proportion of spurs fans Crazy
Report sofaking January 12, 2019 6:09 PM GMT

Jan 12, 2019 -- 11:44AM, Reynard wrote:

jed.davison • January 12, 2019 1:25 PM GMTWhy does this thread attract so many imbeciles?It's called 'THE SPURS FILES 2' , so , at the risk of stating the obvious , it's gonna attract a large proportion of spurs fans

Lame effort. Try harder.

Report mafeking January 12, 2019 8:26 PM GMT
already won many more away games than they are likely to win. the gap to this much improved arsenal side will in all probability be larger than last season
Report Reynard January 12, 2019 11:35 PM GMT
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ referee reaching for his pocket , what colour card is he gonna produce ? Mischief
Report sofaking January 13, 2019 12:55 AM GMT

Jan 12, 2019 -- 5:35PM, Reynard wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ referee reaching for his pocket , what colour card is he gonna produce ?

What are you talking about Reynard?   Good work on beating the Arse (although they're longer considered a big scalp).

Report sofaking January 13, 2019 1:24 AM GMT
No Dier, Wanyama, Dembele and Winks is suspended.  How will central midfield look tomorrow?  Sissoko and 18 year old Oliver Skipp? Scared
Report Reynard January 13, 2019 1:24 AM GMT
Just realised you can't see schlotters 11.08 post Grin
They are a big scalp for those of us that are itty-bitty scalps
COYI
Report mafeking January 13, 2019 7:29 AM GMT
winks is available. cut off for 5 yellows was dec 31. next threshold is 10 later in the season
Report Blackrock January 13, 2019 11:29 AM GMT
Any of you boys remember Pat Jennings scoring against Man Utd years ago?
Report Aspro January 13, 2019 12:07 PM GMT
As much as a 4-year-old can remember Plain
Report eyeball January 13, 2019 12:08 PM GMT
Todays game will rely on our press . We have looked tired lately even though we have managed to win most games . United have played sides that have sat off and given them time to play . They are a different side with limited space . Let's hope we are revved up .
Report ribero1 January 13, 2019 12:08 PM GMT
Yes charity shield.
Report ribero1 January 13, 2019 12:10 PM GMT
Just think we'll struggle today because of the injuries in midfield,you can see the headlines tomorrow if we get beat,who needs Poch etc.
Report Aspro January 13, 2019 12:11 PM GMT
I hope he doesn't put Skipp in there. I've no doubt he's a talent for the future but he's not ready yet
Report ribero1 January 13, 2019 12:17 PM GMT
Agree entirely aspro
Report ronnie rails January 13, 2019 12:53 PM GMT
ribero
pat scored at old Trafford in 1967
hope you are all well
Ronnie.
Report FIGJAM January 13, 2019 1:16 PM GMT
Anyone who just watched the interview with MP on Sky  would never back him to go to Manure.
Report Aspro January 13, 2019 2:11 PM GMT
Check out the threads on here; been saying it all along. He's going nowhere
Report ribero1 January 13, 2019 3:11 PM GMT
Yes Ronnie but it was still the charity shield,i'm fine thanks,soon be Cheltenham.
Report ronnie rails January 13, 2019 3:40 PM GMT
ribero
I will be down  for the trials and down for the festival.
bu
t to tell you the honest truth I am looking forward to the dante meeting more.
Report ronnie rails January 13, 2019 3:47 PM GMT
ribero1

Down for the trials at the end of January, then for the festival.

To tell the honest truth I look forward to the Dante meeting more than the festival these days,  guess I'm getting older and the push and shove around the festival course wears a bit thin by day 4.
Report eyeball January 13, 2019 6:30 PM GMT
Had enough chances to win easily but sometimes they just don'e go in . Trippier hasn't played well all season and the two substitutes are awful . Another day we win by three or four . Need a couple of decent signings if we are to improve again....
Report shlotter January 13, 2019 6:51 PM GMT
when the moon hit's your eyes like a big pizza pie that's amore....laaa deee daaaa laaa deeee daaaaa
Report Kriskin January 13, 2019 7:58 PM GMT

Jan 12, 2019 -- 7:24PM, sofaking wrote:

No Dier, Wanyama, Dembele and Winks is suspended.  How will central midfield look tomorrow?  Sissoko and 18 year old Oliver Skipp?

sofa - I told you after watching ur team during the week against Chelsea, they are a very average team when it comes to the BIG teams.  Spurs will regress if they don't buy in.

Report ribero1 January 13, 2019 7:58 PM GMT
Didn't fancy us today but didn't expect losing like that,our finishing very poor,they will get all the headlines but it felt more like losing to Palace etc than Man utd.
Report Aspro January 13, 2019 8:23 PM GMT
Kane not looking good and could be out for a number of games; like we need more injuries. I doubt any Utd fan will think they deserved the win, but sometimes these things happen. Another day we put 4/5 past them.

Champions League spot still quite secure but with Son out and now Kane (it would appear), we need a little bit of luck on our side, or Levy to dig deep, otherwise we could slip further.

Not a great day but still enough to suggest we're still a team to be reckoned with and happily we've got what should be a beatable team next in Fulham.

Kriskin, you're talking bollox mate. We have been much better against the bigger teams and should have won by a margin today.. only an idiot would say otherwise. A bit naive to judge us on the midweek game and ignore the other big wins we've had both at home and in Europe, which included a comprehensive win over Chelsea in December, a draw away to Barcelona, beating Utd away and Arsenal in the cup and Inter Milan... if that is "very average" - you're obviously new to the sport.
Report LAMBETH WALK January 13, 2019 9:56 PM GMT
oh dear ... carrot cup looking important now.... zigger zagger
Report FIGJAM January 13, 2019 10:33 PM GMT
16 weeks ago the Hammers were being relegated, crying their eyes out,
according 2 a couple of trolls they're world beaters, but now losing their talisman.

De Gea(the world's best goalkeeper) decided to have a worldy, sh't happens.
Given the injuries especially in midfield, I'm surprised we've done so well,
but I did think it might have been better to have included Sanchez and played 3 at the back.
Trippier is not the same player as last year,I'm inclined to KWP a run,and  with the injury
to Arry a testing time ahead.
Report ufcdan January 14, 2019 9:47 PM GMT
Kane injured, Son gone. Looks like under 1.5 goals when we meet again.
Report shlotter January 15, 2019 10:30 AM GMT
can you feel the love tonight....?
Report Aspro January 15, 2019 6:01 PM GMT
Hearing rumours Kane is out until early March
Report sofaking January 15, 2019 6:06 PM GMT
No strikers, no central midfield, no new signings. Season over. Pretty sure Poch will leave in the summer. Spurs had an opportunity to achieve something but chose to spend a billion quid + on a stadium.
Report Aspro January 15, 2019 6:11 PM GMT
A few years back, when the new Stadium was just a twinkle in N17's eye, it was reported that after the stadium is built Levy will be selling up. I wonder if there was any truth in that.
Report ufcdan January 15, 2019 6:17 PM GMT
Hopefully Pochettino will come to us now that OGS is doing so well at OT
Report ufcdan January 15, 2019 6:18 PM GMT
Mind you our boards more fxxked up than yours Cry
Report ufcdan January 15, 2019 6:19 PM GMT
Oh and welcome to the world of no strikers !
Report Aspro January 15, 2019 6:20 PM GMT
Now that was actually funny dan Laugh
Report Aspro January 15, 2019 6:23 PM GMT
0-0 an almost certainty next week Grin
Report sofaking January 15, 2019 6:25 PM GMT

Jan 15, 2019 -- 12:23PM, Aspro wrote:

0-0 an almost certainty next week

I'm thinking a 6-4 goalfest.

Report Aspro January 15, 2019 6:28 PM GMT
indeed, with both keepers scoring
Report sofaking January 15, 2019 6:29 PM GMT
Are Dembele and Llorente leaving in this window?
Report Aspro January 15, 2019 6:30 PM GMT
Dembele is virtually gone, 11m, to China... not sure they'll let Llorente leave now
Report sofaking January 15, 2019 6:31 PM GMT
Might as well let Llorente go as he's been useless in the league.
Report Aspro January 15, 2019 6:32 PM GMT
He's got to be better than nobody
Report ufcdan January 15, 2019 6:32 PM GMT
Might as well let Llorente go as he's been useless in the league.

Take Morata with him please
Report ufcdan January 15, 2019 6:33 PM GMT
He's got to be better than nobody

Again I refer to Morata Mischief
Report LAMBETH WALK January 15, 2019 6:58 PM GMT
ozgood and chivers  returning Laugh
Report shlotter January 15, 2019 11:47 PM GMT
quad dreams is now on sale at 1.99 in all good stockists....hurry up guys it's a limited edition!!
Report ufcdan January 16, 2019 11:26 AM GMT
There was a young man called Kane.
Who's ankle was worse than a sprain.
Despite his good touches.
He ended up on crutches.
And Spurs won no trophies again !
Report FIGJAM January 17, 2019 3:58 PM GMT
My god are we going to miss Dembele, I must admit I was a late convert to him,
but what a player.Very much a one off and probably irreplaceable, and before anyone says
anything please do not mention that oaf Sissoko who imho will never be a Spurs player
unless we are demoted.
Our midfield is currently in a mess although Dier will be welcomed back.
It's been a bugbear of mine since time immemorial that of all the top teams we have the
worse amount of attacking midfielders.
For example United have an abundance of them along with City and the Chavs.
Arsenil use to have a surfeit but now there got an accountant in charge that's not going to happen.

A mate of mine asked me last week how we would fare against Manure I said I wasn't optimistic as they've got a
better midfield and a worse defence apart from their goalkeeper.Slight understatement.

Llorente must start against Fulham and surely a different modus operandi,but he has one advantage he can put the ball
in the back of the net.
Report Reynard January 17, 2019 4:11 PM GMT
Stop whinging , you've got one serious injury to cope with .
We've got 13 , including Lanzini who's gonna miss the whole season . Just gotta get on with it , i'm afraid .
COYI
Report FIGJAM January 17, 2019 4:51 PM GMT
And of course your best player wants away.Scared
Report Reynard January 17, 2019 6:02 PM GMT
Declan Rice aint going nowhere . Unless you're referring to Felipe Anderson or Lanzini , neither of whom have voiced any such wishes . And Nasri has only just arrived ffs ! Either way , if we lose a player we have the funds to go out and replace them .
Not just a one-man team , fortunately Wink
Report Emitdeb January 17, 2019 6:36 PM GMT
Dont have to rely on Spurs Deadwood any more...

times are a changing.... I wonder?
Report sofaking January 17, 2019 9:32 PM GMT

Jan 17, 2019 -- 12:36PM, Emitdeb wrote:

Dont have to rely on Spurs Deadwood any more...times are a changing.... I wonder?

Not sure what this means Emitdeb?  What's Spurs Deadwood?

Report shlotter January 18, 2019 1:05 AM GMT
Can you feel the love tonight....pmsl
Report Emitdeb January 18, 2019 5:35 AM GMT
History tells us when Spurs players reach/pass their sell by dates.. They are often shipped off to west ham..

Also west ham are often used as a feeder club to Spurs.. simple facts.
Report shlotter January 18, 2019 11:13 AM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlpmDVniF7c for the dying embers of your season, a really apt song for what you bunch will face
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now