Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mesmerised
02 Jul 18 21:10
| Topic/replies: 1,987 | Blogger: mesmerised's blog
it's gone JJ, it's gone

here's to Lord Emery and the era.

Hopefully he can bring back the much missed St. Totteringham's day.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ***** ARSENAL CHIT CHAT *****
Show More
Report dambuster September 6, 2018 10:11 AM BST
Anyway, i think this could be Poch last season at the Spuds, a bigger team will call, he will go, Levy would have spent too much on the stadium,
Won't invest in the team, then you'll have the sinking ship scenario.
Report the fink sisters September 6, 2018 2:07 PM BST
I agree with you in part dambuster. In terms of 'bigger' teams though, there are only a handful in Europe and possibly Man U, should any of those posts become available, who would be able to buy him out. What I like about him as a manager is his commitment to young talent and the attitude that "if you don't want to play, you can go".

Emery has a really tough job on his hands. We haven't actually spent that much as we've recouped a lot of transfer money in the last three windows through selling Giroud, Walnut etc and, looking at the squad, there doesn't appear to be many players we could now get a decent return on given ages, reputation and current wages. We all know that the club is tight as when it comes to transfer dealings, so it will take something spectacular for us to be able to compete for a Top 4 finish again, imho.
Report dambuster September 6, 2018 2:48 PM BST
Wenger was left to his own devices and has left the club in sh1t street imo.
i feel sorry for Emery, as he needs time to get his own players in,
it must be like going to a cricket team and getting them to play rounders
Report the fink sisters September 6, 2018 3:06 PM BST
Agree again in part.

The board have to take some responsibility. Other clubs evolved and we didn't. Over the years, the Board effectively hung Wenger out to dry and he was loyal enough to take it. With a limited budget compared to others, he always delivered Top 4 and that was probably the height of the Board's ambitions/requirements.
Report dambuster September 6, 2018 3:19 PM BST
Yes , agree partly as well,The board are to blame, they should have let Wenger go 7/8 years ago, but they were all happy with mediocrity.
Report dambuster September 6, 2018 3:20 PM BST
Wenger changed overnight when David Dein was released from his position.
That man is Mr Arsenal.
Report the fink sisters September 6, 2018 4:33 PM BST
When Dein left Arsenal in 2008 Wenger asked him whether he wished him to resign from the post of manager in support for his friend. How much richer Wenger's legacy would have been if Dein had said yes?

The two are still very close, even holidaying together in Turkey this year (according to the Daily Mail!)
Report dambuster September 7, 2018 8:01 AM BST
Turkey !! You'd think with there money they'd go somewhere better than Pinky & Perky..
Yes, if Wenger had gone then, he'd have been regarded as a Legend, and would have probably picked up another top club,
but for all that Ivan Gazidis said about Wenger  walking into any job & how lucky we are to have him, i've not seen many offers yet.
Report roadrunner46 September 7, 2018 11:34 AM BST
the people who are in control of the scouting at arsenal, havent found any good players to buy for years,
they have been useless at spotting emerging talent, cant be all about money.
Report pixie September 14, 2018 10:48 AM BST
Wenger IS a legend. Arguably the greatest manager we've ever had, in fact you could only make a case for Chapman.
Report jed.davison September 14, 2018 10:55 AM BST
The greatest agent for change in the history of English football pixie, an absolute titan of the game.
Report dambuster September 14, 2018 11:11 AM BST
For the first 10 years yes, the rest of the time he was stealing a living
Report Wesdag September 14, 2018 3:43 PM BST
Yeah, & what a legacy Le Fraud has left:

a geriatric goalie
a defence that is clueless about defending
a midfield that consists of a donkey (Xhaka) & a vastly overpaid show pony (no prizes for guessing).

Seems like W4anker was determined to ensure that whoever took over wouldn't inherit a foundation anywhere as good as when he bacame boss.
Report dambuster September 14, 2018 3:52 PM BST
Agree Wes. and wheres all these job offers Gazidis was telling us about, i thought we were suppose to be lucky to still have him !!
Report Blackrock September 14, 2018 7:23 PM BST
It takes Wenger to kick us off again.Cry

He was an Arsenal legend but imo severely tainted his legacy. He stayed on way too long and allowed complacency to become the norm.

Will be tough for Emery as we need new blood. Don't see SK allowing him to buy the neccessary to take us back to where we used to be. Still expect 3 pts tomorrow and would be nice to have a clean sheet.
Report lurka September 14, 2018 8:41 PM BST
A legend, yes, but a great manager, no. Played the best football we've ever played but couldn't organise a defence to save his life or pick out decent defenders. That's a serious flaw and don't think he'd ever have been considered a great or a legend if it weren't for Graham's defence. But nobody will remember that. Wouldn't have lasted til 2000 without that defence, 1999 if he'd inherited the defence he left us with.
Report the fink sisters September 15, 2018 1:55 PM BST
Lots of revisionism when it comes to Wenger's defences. To his credit, he put together the invincibles defence of Lauren, Kolo Toure, Sol Campbell and Ashley Cole. Conceded just 26 in 38 games.
Report enpassant September 15, 2018 2:32 PM BST
No Torriera again.
Report enpassant September 15, 2018 2:34 PM BST
Better passer, more mobile, faster, better tackler than Xhaka....still don't get it....does anyone have a theory ?
Report Wesdag September 15, 2018 3:48 PM BST

Sep 15, 2018 -- 1:55PM, the fink sisters wrote:

Lots of revisionism when it comes to Wenger's defences. To his credit, he put together the invincibles defence of Lauren, Kolo Toure, Sol Campbell and Ashley Cole. Conceded just 26 in 38 games.

And dined out on that one off for the next 14 years.

Report enpassant September 16, 2018 12:53 PM BST
Xhaka had one of his better halves yesterday. Poor in the 1st he was allowed much more freedom when Torriera took the DM role (but also set up attacks and ffs must start). Xhaka's long range passing is a cut above his appalling short passes and the 2nd half highlighted why he cannot play as the DM. He really ought to be in a direct fight with Ramsey for a place. Great strike for the goal and ought to do his confidence a power of good. At his best in the more roaming role I am still not convinced he is able to keep his place in the side but while that sorts itself out he does have the long range pass to feed Lacca and PEA.
Report enpassant September 16, 2018 12:54 PM BST
Has anyone seen jed ?
Report darren_discombobulates_sports September 16, 2018 1:24 PM BST
Former Arsenal defender William Gallas claimed the prospect of facing the likes of Didier Drogba caused former team-mate Philippe Senderos to panic before matches.

Swiss international Senderos had a famously difficult time taming former Chelsea striker Drogba, who scored more goals against Arsenal than any other team he faced in his career.

The Ivorian scored 13 goals in 15 games against the Gunners, including a brace to inflict a mortal blow on Arsenal’s 2007-08 title challenge and both in the 2007 League Cup Final.

Drogba was not the only striker Senderos struggled against in over 100 games for the north London side, something which Gallas puts down to particularly strong pre-match nerves.

“I knew Philippe Senderos, before a match he would need to speak a lot, you could see that he was sweating, that he did not feel good," he told Le Vestiaire.

"Especially against certain players. I saw him against Chelsea, against Didier Drogba, where he would genuinely panic, like he was going through his match before playing it.

"And unfortunately, when you saw him on the pitch, he lost his playing abilities, he didn’t play well. But against his own team-mates, he played better.”

After seven years at the club Senderos eventually departed Arsenal in 2010, subsequently spending four years at Fulham. The 33-year-old now plays for MLS side Houston Dynamo
Report enpassant September 16, 2018 8:11 PM BST
I'm a little worried now: jed has been absent all weekend.
Report Swiss Franc September 17, 2018 8:30 AM BST
Good to see Reid’s Nelson score on his
debut for Hoffenheim
Report the fink sisters September 17, 2018 11:24 AM BST
Another disjointed performance and again looked very uncomfortable with the passing out from the back style of play. At least managed to get three points at a ground where we lost last season. I feel progress will be slow.

It's interesting that still nothing stirs debate on here more than AW.
Report the fink sisters September 17, 2018 11:32 AM BST
enpassent: Jed posts when Spuds win and we lose. Don't worry, he'll be back plenty more times this season....
Report jed.davison September 17, 2018 12:18 PM BST
Sorry chaps, been a bit busy this weekend.

Funny how the fixture list works out - all three of your victories now against teams which are going down at the end of the season.

Still, Champions League coming up this week, you must be looking forward to watching it.
Report the fink sisters September 17, 2018 12:57 PM BST
Interesting to hear that you're tipping Huddersfield for survival Jed.....

It's a fair point, though. We'll only know if we're making any progress when we start playing teams outside the Top 4 but at the higher end of the table.

Please keep dropping in here though - you always sound so much more chipper than you do on the official Spuds thread!
Report jed.davison September 17, 2018 1:27 PM BST
Like holding auditions for the next Comical Ali on there.

Poch is the Messiah, everything's great, Eriksen is worth £100m, you know the score. And then - Oh look, we've lost yet another important game.
Report enpassant September 17, 2018 6:55 PM BST
jed back to your obsession with The Arsenal thread. I was concerned 2 defeats and the losing of belief that you might win something this season had taken its toll on you. I can understand why you'd like to believe WHU are going down but I think they will be around a good while yet to burst 55pu22 bubbles again.....and again.
Report Blackrock September 18, 2018 11:41 AM BST
Enjoy Jed coming on here, at least we have a bit of craic when he's about. Nice break by the way Jed.

But for all that Jed knows his team are pony. He knows his manager couldn't manage at McDonalds. And he knows Bob the Builder is in charge of building the new ground.LaughLaugh
Report enpassant September 18, 2018 2:13 PM BST
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45558978
Gazidis gone !
Report lurka September 18, 2018 6:11 PM BST
Gazidis going to Milan was announced in July
Report enpassant September 18, 2018 7:49 PM BST
jed was right I did enjoy the early CL game !
Report jed.davison September 19, 2018 8:16 AM BST
Gives you something to do while you wait feverishly for Thursdays.

Same old last night, becoming very predictable. Expect us to enjoy a pleasant 45 minutes at Brighton on Saturday until they too realise we are there for the taking.
Report the fink sisters September 20, 2018 2:32 PM BST
So the great balancing act that is the Europa League begins tonight.

I'm expecting a second string team (though worryingly that includes Torreira) so he keeps things relatively fresh for Sunday.
Report enpassant September 20, 2018 3:15 PM BST
Consensus seems to be that we play Nacho. I think that would be crazy given the opposition today and the state of our left back options.
Report pixie September 20, 2018 5:06 PM BST
Agree, I wouldn't play Nacho either. My team would be:

Leno; Lichsteiner, Sokratis, Holding, Thompson; Elneny, Torreira; Iwobi, Smith Rowe, Welbeck; Lacazette

I doubt he'll start with Smith Rowe, probably Mkhitaryan instead.
Report lurka September 20, 2018 8:11 PM BST
ground looks less than half full
Report enpassant September 20, 2018 11:32 PM BST
Hoping the taking off of Torriera was an indication that he will start on Sunday.
Report enpassant September 23, 2018 6:00 PM BST
Good to get another win. Cech was very good and a great goal from Lacca. Ramsey was at best average again and it may be time to try someone else in his place. Wouldn't mind Iwobi on the right side instead of him. Xhaka showed again his short passing game is shockingly poor.
Report pixie September 24, 2018 10:28 AM BST
Boring match, I thought; Lacazette's goal was the only bright thing in the game. The two up front look very good, Torreira looks like he's going to be decent but it's been a funny season for me so far, in that there's quite a few positives in Guendouzi, Torreira, Mkhitaryan (looking much better when we've seen him this season), Sokratis and the form of Ozil but the performances have generally been poor!
Report enpassant September 24, 2018 3:29 PM BST
Nice to see Aaron Lennon at peak form after his health problems. Good luck to him.
Report pixie September 24, 2018 6:21 PM BST
Yep.
Report jed.davison September 25, 2018 8:10 AM BST
It's great to see him playing and playing well, always liked him at Spurs - possibly the hardest working winger I've seen there, used to put in a tremendous shift tracking back and helping out Kyle Walker, who needed all the help he could get as a younger player, however superb he may be these days.
Report the fink sisters September 27, 2018 2:37 PM BST
Ramsay contract talks broken down and unlikely to resume, according to the BBC's Ornstein (who very rarely gets things wrong).

This means he'll be sold in January. If there's a couple of suitors, price won't be rock bottom, though I can only see him warming the bench at some of the clubs reportedly interested.

Hopefully a good thing in that it might allow Emery to bring in a replacement he's previously worked with.....we'll see.
Report Wesdag September 27, 2018 3:06 PM BST
No great loss, had 1 decent season 13/14, done phuck all since.
Report dambuster September 27, 2018 5:52 PM BST
Ramsey on his way,Good, hopefully Xhaka next. i'm sure Wenger would have given Ramsey a golden contract. can't imagine Emery giving Ozil or Walcott the luxury contracts they got under Wenger. i like this guy
Report enpassant September 28, 2018 12:44 AM BST
Ramsey unbalances the side the way Emery sets us out. OK, he won't sign and that's his right and I don't blame him nor will I lose any sleep at the prospect of him leaving. I hope now Emery picks a team with more balance and that means no Ramsey for me and it allows the team to prepare for life without him. Mhikitaryan, Iwobi or Welbeck would be better playing as out and out right sided midfielder.
Report EastLower Gooner September 28, 2018 11:11 AM BST
He wants a less attacking role in the team so Unai made the call to Sven & Raul to cancel the deal.

No point of bumper contract if he’s going to be 4th choice behind Torreira, Gwen and Xhaka.

-

Hopefully he gets dropped now. No point holding up everyone else ie someone like Iwobi who has been working his a rse off this season.

Won’t even have him on the subs bench...it just stops someone else from getting a chance.
Report roadrunner46 September 29, 2018 7:30 AM BST
could be a difficult match today for arsenal, watford look a good price as a starting point, would be
good to see a few lead changes, lot will depend on which team can score first.
Report enpassant September 29, 2018 2:49 PM BST
Ramsey keeps his place. He been working hard during games but that aside his passing has been poor and has had little impact on games while the way we set up, his inclusion unbalances the side. This is on Emery of course and given the form of Iwobi, Mhikhitaryan and Welbeck he has option. So why Ramsey ?
Report roadrunner46 September 29, 2018 5:00 PM BST
arsenal matched IP around 3.75 compared to 1.50, arsenal got the win in the end
Report enpassant September 30, 2018 12:33 PM BST
Ramsey again ineffectual and Iwobi and Welbeck, showed in quick time, that either would be better for the team imo. Emery has shown he is reluctant to drop players or not put them in the side even when it seems the clearly correct choice. So on past form Ramsey will keep his place.
Xhaka is sti not worth his place and Bellerin cannot stop any winger from crossing it seems. Plenty of room for improvement in the side.
Report enpassant September 30, 2018 12:34 PM BST
*still
Report the fink sisters October 1, 2018 11:08 AM BST
Bizarrely we keep winning, yet I thought we were second best on Saturday - not for the first time in recent matches. (Watford, West Ham and Everton should all probably have got something from those games). I think our luck will eventually run out.

Play just feels too ponderous and static and I don't think the manager is getting the best out of the resources he has available.

Nightmare turnaround this week from Azerbaijan Thursday to a mid-day Sunday kick-off. Fulham will fancy their chances unless we play a complete second string team in the Ropey League.

One report regarding Ramsey was the fact that the club withdrew the offer because the wages budget is much restricted now that we have dropped out of the Champions League - doesn't bode well for future signings. We have to get Top 4 to make any progress and that looks beyond this team at the moment.
Report enpassant October 1, 2018 11:27 AM BST
The fact we are up in 5th suggests we have a chance of top 4. We are there despite the team being unbalanced and better suited players sitting on the bench. If we can stay up there while Emery comes round to thinking Xhaka, Ramsey and Bellerin can be improved upon with what is already at his disposal, then we will be bang in the fight for top 4 imo. There is only one place available it seems as MC,Pool and Chel' look like contesting for the title (at least for now). MU will be chaotic until Jose goes. Them down the road look threadbare and if we are to get in the CL places it will be at their expense I suspect.
Report the fink sisters October 1, 2018 11:46 AM BST
MC. 'pool and Chelsea looks streets ahead of everyone else at the moment from what I've seen.

Man U have the players to fill the fourth spot as they were comfortably second last year, but clearly things are not all well at the club. Sanchez's lack of form, in particular, must be alarming for their fans. May be a few weeks before Jose goes and possibly too late to turn it around by then.

Spuds are interesting as, like us, they appear not to be playing well, but statistically they are up on what they achieved in the same fixtures last season (as are we). If it comes down to a battle between us and them, I suspect that they will edge it. They must have some money to spend in January and unless we can offload Ramsey (he could go abroad for free), we won't.
Report enpassant October 1, 2018 12:24 PM BST
They look knackered to me and the longer the season goes on the more it wil tell.
Report Blackrock October 2, 2018 11:09 AM BST
We have certainly rode our luck in a few games this season and as Fink says, the wheels will fall off sometime.

But we are a work in progress and Emery will need time to get things right. I think eventually Guendouzi and Torreira will play together in midfield.

Anyone heard from JJ? He sometimes kept this thread alive on his own [Enpassant doing that job now]. Hope he's ok.
Report the fink sisters October 2, 2018 11:15 AM BST
Echo your thoughts re JJ - trust he's OK too.

This thread is very very quiet these days but I think that's symptomatic of the fact that we have a new manager in situ and we all know he'll be given time. The busier threads are for those clubs where the fans have got stuff to moan about.
Report Blackrock October 2, 2018 11:22 AM BST
Football fans are happiest when they're moaning.Grin
Report the fink sisters October 2, 2018 11:27 AM BST
Yes, I think it was 100 posts a day or so when AW was nearing the end.......

Emery's honeymoon period should last another 6 months or so Grin
Report Blackrock October 2, 2018 11:33 AM BST
God knows what will happen if we win the League. No posts at all?
Report jed.davison October 2, 2018 11:45 AM BST
No chance at all.
Report the fink sisters October 2, 2018 11:49 AM BST
Jed's right, of course, but in answer to your tongue-in-cheek question, the posts celebrating such an achievement would be buried under a deluge of "I told you so about Wenger" vitriol.
Report Blackrock October 2, 2018 11:49 AM BST
You are right Jed. There will be hundreds of posts.
Report jed.davison October 2, 2018 11:58 AM BST
I will be responsible for at least eighty of them, and none of them will quite convey fully my disbelief.
Report Swiss Franc October 2, 2018 12:51 PM BST
For all of you who are concerned with the well- being of JJ
I an in daily contact with him & he s just having
a rest from the forum after all his hard work
on here with over 150000 entries
Report The Prophet October 2, 2018 1:22 PM BST
Poor old JJ...he's still reeling from the love of his life leaving him without any warning whatsoever. He posted each and every day from just 'good morning' to whatever just to keep his beloved thread going. I can't help thinking that he is at home, in a rocking chair with a blanket, gently rocking whilst dreaming of HIS old thread.

One thing about Emery's team that is undeniable is that there is more fight about them, but the defensive side of things still look distinctly average. That said, can't complain about our current position.
Report enpassant October 2, 2018 1:52 PM BST
As Emery wants to play out from the back it is all the more baffling that Xhaka is still in the side. Immobile, ponderous and has a poor short passing game. Our back 4 need to be asked to make simple passes to our 2 sitting (term used loosely)midfielders who in turn NEED to be comfortable on the ball in tight situations. Torriera, Guendouzi, Elneny, Niles, Mhikitaryan are all better than Xhaka at that andall bring more athleticism than him. It is no good having a panicked pass from a CH to Xhaka, it has been shown again and again he then gives the ball away.

If, as seems the case, Emery will stick to this he must pick the players we have best suited to that style. We have plenty of room for improvement and the answer is within the squad to provide it (and transfer windows to improve it further). Drop Xhaka (passing and concentration lapses), Ramsey (unbalances the side and head not in right place), Bellerin (passing and cannot stop a winger for love nor money)and we get clear and obvious improvements that may prolong our good results. Why wait until the inevitable defeats begin to address the obvious ?
Leno, Lich, Soc, Hold, Mon, Torr, Elneny, Ozil, Iwobi, Welbeck, Lacca/PEA.  a far more defensively sound looking side with energy, pace, work-rate and far more able to pass out from the back. Certainly not a world beating side but they would stay in games and give our classy strikers chances to win games.
Report John.W.Henry. October 3, 2018 9:45 AM BST
I dont think UE will let the DW contract go lightly.
Report enpassant October 4, 2018 5:09 PM BST
3 at the back !?
Report enpassant October 4, 2018 5:09 PM BST
Leno
16Holding
5Papastathopoulos
18Monreal
12Lichtsteiner
4Elneny
29Guendouzi
31Kolasinac
55Smith-Rowe
23Welbeck
17Iwobi
Report enpassant October 4, 2018 5:13 PM BST
Unless Kol is playing wide right in front of Nacho ? That not being the case the team will be again unbalanced.
Report enpassant October 4, 2018 5:13 PM BST
*wide left
Report pixie October 5, 2018 6:46 PM BST
Victor has priced up Aubameyang at 1/2 and Lacazette at 6/4 as top Arsenal scorer; anyone else feel this is wrong? They are both equally likely to get injured and Lacazette is more likely to be dropped out of the two although that would be a surprise and would be because he isn't scoring. Lacazette is the one playing slap down the middle with Aubameyang playing a wider role and if I were the one pricing it up I would go Lacazette 4/6 and Aubemayang 11/10. If Victor hadn't closed down my account I would definitely have a bet. They will no doubt change their prices if they see this unless they have taken loads on Aubameyang before we have seen the new formation at the start of the season.
Report the bloob October 5, 2018 10:19 PM BST
I can see Lacazette getting benched and Aubameyang being the main striker, I think that is the best way forward, and VC agree
Report Blackrock October 7, 2018 10:43 AM BST
VC wouldn't lay an egg.
Report enpassant October 7, 2018 11:04 AM BST
19Leno
    2Bellerín
    16Holding
    20Mustafi
    18Monreal
    11Torreira
    34Xhaka
    7Mkhitaryan
    17Iwobi
    23Welbeck
    9Lacazette
Report enpassant October 7, 2018 11:07 AM BST
Some surprises here. Mkhit or Iwobi for the 10 role ? Mustafi ahead of Socratis ? No Ozil, Ramsey and PEA on the bench ? With so many changes I think we will do very well to get ot of there with a win.
Report enpassant October 7, 2018 12:05 PM BST
2 mins for Bellerintoshow YET AGAIN that he cannot do 'pass out from the back'.
Report Swiss Franc October 7, 2018 12:08 PM BST
Xhaka captain SadWhoops
Report roadrunner46 October 7, 2018 1:01 PM BST
was just going to post think BTTS is a good bet in the game today at fulham, 3.25 for the draw at the moment
looks a good trade down to 2.75, hopefully arsenal will beat them in the end
Report enpassant October 7, 2018 2:27 PM BST
Superb going forward today(helped by Fulham of course). Still plenty of clear room for improvement in the side but the results are heping while the players come to terms with Emery. Goals aside this was probably the most impressive we have been in the current run. Emery has played 3 different systems in 3 games and won them all.

Mind the gap !
Report Wesdag October 7, 2018 3:27 PM BST
Pleasing scenes.
Report dambuster October 7, 2018 4:08 PM BST
Finally getting rid of the Shackles of Wenger, shame it never happened 10 years ago, but onwards and upwards, it'll take time, but i've got faith in this guy, and the players look HAPPY
Report Mr Eboue October 7, 2018 9:53 PM BST
Hi lads, hope you’re all well.

Was really impressed with us today. Interesting how fast we attacked without Ozil slowing us down. I’m not saying we should sell him but there’s a case to be made to bring him on for the last half an hour rather than starting him every week. Great to see Iwobi looking confident.

Onwards and upwards.
Report jon b October 8, 2018 11:52 AM BST
Agree Mr E ref the Ozil part, we def looked sharper without him, clinical in front of goal all be it not the toughest opponents, people talk about the slow start etc but against Chelsea if we,d finished like Sunday we,d of had 4 by half time in that game.
Personally Id like still to see Ramsey stay, Id have him in front of Xhaka all day, he loves playing for AFC and prob feels he deserves a decent deal after his service to the club, to this day Ozil hasn't shown any such commitment but is on ridiculous wages for such a under achiever esp when the chips have been down in the past against the top teams. Its not impossible for him to win people over now he,s retired from International football, maybe this new period and going forward under different leadership he just might become more consistent, cant see it myself but he obv has the ability to be a top player and an asset but for what he gets he really ought to be showing us a lot more on a regular basis.

So far its not so bad is it, Im sure some thought we could fall flat etc but we do look like we are moving in the right direction at least and like Enp says there is plenty of room for improvement again in a few areas.
Report enpassant October 10, 2018 1:58 AM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKxbNrf8M2s

Love listening to people big up the club !
Report the fink sisters October 10, 2018 9:59 AM BST
First time this season we've played with any type of sustained pace and no coincidence that Ozil wasn't involved.

I still think that we're incredibly vulnerable at the back but pleased that Leno is now in goal - can't believe that Czech would now replace him once fit.
Report enpassant October 10, 2018 6:51 PM BST
Yes we look shaky for sure but also it appears to be slowing getting better game by game. The crux may come when Xhaka gets suspended or injured and Emery has to pick someone like Elneny or Niles to play alongside Torreira. I am hoping when that time comes it will be Niles and he shows Emery the better passing he has than Xhaka. He is also far more pacy, mobile and has an engine. All these attributes will suit the football Emery wants to play.  Personally I would take Elneny over Xhaka as well.
Report pixie October 11, 2018 10:46 AM BST
The relegation battle that Jed kept banging on about seems to be going quite well.
Report lurka October 11, 2018 11:45 AM BST
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/arsenal/359/blog/
post/3665282/arsenal-are-still-a-work-in-progress
-but-unai-emery-is-getting-results

Good article
Report Blackrock October 11, 2018 5:04 PM BST
Kreonke's LA Rams clear fav to win the Superbowl. Early days yet, maybe a win treble Rams, Us and Spurs to finish outside top 6.Laugh
Report the fink sisters October 14, 2018 2:33 PM BST
Ramsey looks as though he'll stay for the remainder of the season.

Looking at the deal from the club's point of view, it equates to an outlay of £52 million for a four year contract. I'm sure they believe that they can achieve better value elsewhere.
Report Wesdag October 14, 2018 4:46 PM BST
Average player looking for superstar wages.

Had 1 half decent season in his career.

Won't be missed.

Ozil must be glad he signed he signed that contract when he did cos there's no way he'd be getting anything like that under Emery.
Report dambuster October 15, 2018 3:45 PM BST
Theres no way Ozil would get that contract under Emery
Report enpassant October 15, 2018 9:48 PM BST

Oct 14, 2018 -- 2:33PM, the fink sisters wrote:

Ramsey looks as though he'll stay for the remainder of the season.Looking at the deal from the club's point of view, it equates to an outlay of £52 million for a four year contract. I'm sure they believe that they can achieve better value elsewhere.

Good post ^.

If those figures are correct it lays it out quite starkly why the club withdrew from the contract talks.

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now