Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mesmerised
02 Jul 18 21:10
| Topic/replies: 2,021 | Blogger: mesmerised's blog
it's gone JJ, it's gone

here's to Lord Emery and the era.

Hopefully he can bring back the much missed St. Totteringham's day.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ***** ARSENAL CHIT CHAT *****
Show More
Report enpassant December 2, 2018 4:31 PM GMT
Man City
14 37 38
Liverpool
14 21 34
Chelsea
14 19 31
Arsenal
14 14 30
Some have had their best ever start SEE BELOW
Report John.W.Henry. December 2, 2018 4:31 PM GMT
I thought Ramsey was magnificent when he came on today
Report attitude adjuster December 2, 2018 4:34 PM GMT
To be fair he seemed to get well involved before he even came on Tongue Out
Report John.W.Henry. December 2, 2018 4:35 PM GMT
Lol. Agreed
Report Whisperingdeath December 2, 2018 4:36 PM GMT
I like Ramsey and think he is a good player. I do hope he is playing for Arsenal next season and not West Ham with Wiltshire who I would have like to have seen here.
Report sewter lives again December 2, 2018 4:45 PM GMT
definitely agree with Ramsey comments

has had form issues for both Arsenal and Wales probably not helped by injury problems but looked right up for it
Report enpassant December 2, 2018 5:28 PM GMT
enpassant • December 2, 2018 9:03 AM GMT
I think Holding going away in the Europa was a red herring.
Report the fink sisters December 2, 2018 10:15 PM GMT
According to a newspaper report, Aubameyang had a banana skin thrown at him from the away end.

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised, but we really have to stamp this sort of thing out.
Report EastLower Gooner December 2, 2018 11:01 PM GMT
And it was only 1nil when he threw the banana.

That’s some serious pent up hatred and racism imo
Report the fink sisters December 2, 2018 11:44 PM GMT
Very very sad, totally premeditated, and also unforgivable.

Predictably, the reaction from Spuds has been as lukewarm as you'd expect - there's talk of "a ban". It should unequivocally be a life one.
Report the fink sisters December 3, 2018 8:52 AM GMT
Be interested to hear where everyone feels we are now.

Great performance yesterday, but in all likelihood we'll be outside the top 4 again come Thursday morning.
Report jed.davison December 3, 2018 9:03 AM GMT
Well done yesterday chaps, thoroughly excellent performance from your boys and well deserved. Cracking game as well.
Report pixie December 3, 2018 10:13 AM GMT
Ramsey is too good to move on, he looks a far superior player to Mikhitarian and played very well on Thursday night too. A great game yesterday and would be a good effort by the new manager if we can make the top four at the end of the season.
Report the fink sisters December 3, 2018 10:25 AM GMT
Well done for fronting up Jed.

It was a cracking game. Spuds won't be too disappointed in terms of the bigger picture though. Just behind on goal difference and a very nice looking set of fixtures coming up.
Report pixie December 3, 2018 10:29 AM GMT
It was very nice to see us win so many first and second balls in midfield. 50/50 balls nearly always went to us and our midfield looked really industrious and effective, Torreira looks a special prospect.
Report John.W.Henry. December 3, 2018 10:31 AM GMT
Emery was coy regarding the Ozil absence in his post match interview. I defo got the impression he had already told him he was dropped prior to the return of back twinge ?

I think he is on the way out
Report jed.davison December 3, 2018 10:32 AM GMT
Yes, we should have established ourselves in the Champions League positions with about ten games to go, and to be honest I'd have taken two draws from Chelsea at home and your mob away so I suppose I'm a point better off than I would have been.

On the face of it, a one-off loss to Arsenal is not the end of the world, but it was more the manner of your performance and the response of your crowd to that performance which worries me going forward. It hasn't taken very long for the ghost of Wenger to be exorcised.
Report John.W.Henry. December 3, 2018 10:36 AM GMT
Inspirational performance from the Arsenal. Now we need to see that repeated week in week out, That is the new target.Win or lose. That is how we need to perform.
Report lurka December 3, 2018 11:39 AM GMT
Great to see yesterday. We've been waiting years for a performance like that and a striker like Aubameyang. He has scored with each of his last 10 shots on target! And there is so much room for improvement too, both the Spurs goals were down to silly individual mistakes which should be relatively easy to cut out eventually and to think we've only been performing at our best for the second half of games all season. 20 points picked up in the second half of 14 league games and haven't been winning at HT in any still.

Agree re Ramsey. He hasn't played much and it's down to him but Emery has got the best out of a lot of our players and Ramsey can be better than Mhiki and Ozil so would like to see him stay. Not sure he'll even want to leave if we keep improving.
Report enpassant December 3, 2018 12:36 PM GMT
I gave credit to Ramsey for his performance yesterday but the only way he stays is if he accepts weekly wages well below what he obviously thinks he can get elsewhere. If that is the case I am still of the view we should let him leave. It will also send a message to the squad we have and potential targets. He would be a very handy squad player but that is probably not what he wants at this stage of his career.Not sure what EPL club is going to offer him what he wants (or what top side he would get into regularly);so he is likely left with looking abroad.
Report Wesdag December 3, 2018 3:00 PM GMT
A very pleasing performance & result.
Report pixie December 3, 2018 3:16 PM GMT
Lifted from Football365, I thought this was nicely put....

"There goes that power shift. This was supposed to be the season where Arsenal were in transition, when they started their daunting post-Wenger journey and, like all fallen dynasties before them, would struggle for years in the wilderness. Manchester United are still trying to find their way more than five years after Sir Alex Ferguson left; how would Arsenal fare in worse conditions?

Wenger’s work in his final years at the Emirates Stadium may never be respected for what it was. He was largely to blame for a gradual depreciation in results and performances, but he also oversaw their first steps into life without him. He rid the club of most of its deadwood, helped put in place a more secure body of power, and bequeathed upon his successor an excellent squad that could be moulded in their image. Emery deserves immense credit for taking Arsenal back to their seat at the top table in record time, but Wenger pulled the chair out for him."
Report Wesdag December 3, 2018 3:41 PM GMT
Hmm, isn't that what any manager should be doing anyway? Weeding out the deadwood?

Talk about bending over backwards to give Wenger credit.
Report jon b December 3, 2018 4:20 PM GMT
If Ozil does go why cant Ramsey be made an improved offer?, he should start all day before Mik imo anyway, superb effort from him. Ozil been talked about many a time and still to this day has never put in a performance against a top tier opponent, show pony and actually slows us down on the counter. Iwobi looks better this season but needs to learn that not so many touches are needed, Kos was effective as a wing back too I thought. Nice to see Torreira get his first goal, that will do him a worldy of good and we have a real player in him and more goals to come for sure, Xhaka Capt, well still baffled by him but im willing to think he can still improve as the team does. All going at least the right way so far.

And Im sorry Pixie but no-one is buying that ref Wenger, not in a million bud
Report pixie December 3, 2018 4:45 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report enpassant December 3, 2018 5:07 PM GMT
We certainly had a better squad there than Man U did after Fergerson left. How they won the league the season before was baffling. The thing is, imo, Wenger was not in total charge as he once was and was having things imposed upon him(including signings). We were in a clear decline season upon season under him. We are in a decent position because he was having his powerbase taken away; not because of it.
Report enpassant December 3, 2018 5:19 PM GMT
"why cant Ramsey be made an improved offer?"

It is said he wants £200k pw- do you think he is worth that ?
Report pixie December 3, 2018 5:25 PM GMT
Yes, I do, as I'm sure he'll get at least that from his next employer, if it's not us.

I think I rate him more than most on here. I think apart from possibly Citeh, he'd walk into any other Premier League first eleven.
Report enpassant December 3, 2018 5:27 PM GMT
9    Arsenal    14    6    2    6    20    -4

Mark Lawrensons : table if his predicted Arsenal results were correct.

Not shown to give him stick but just to counter the pundit narrative of "who have they played"

Lawro thinks we ought to have been beaten 6 times.

He has us down to lose at the mancs as well ! F... you Mark Lawrenson (he deserves a little stick surely).
Report enpassant December 3, 2018 5:32 PM GMT
pixie ; it was jon b that I was quoting. That said I would disagree on the points you make on him. Time will tell.
Report dambuster December 3, 2018 6:06 PM GMT
Pixie, getting rid of the deadwood, lololol, Wenger was the deadwood that gave The Ghost a 350k a week contract..
Report lurka December 3, 2018 6:38 PM GMT
seems there's still a few in the media spinning and rewriting history to make Wenger look good.

He made a lot of the players look like deadwood but it was really only him. Emery has them playing much better almost immediately, esp Lacazette and Iwobi, and that makes it the exact opposite of Man U when Fergie left. Fergie won the league the year he left FFS, the only way was down for Man U.

The 'secure body of power' was foisted on him by the management to take transfer control from him and improve the squad. And the squad wasn't quite excellent. The additions of Torreira and Guendouzi have been vital and what everyone said Arsenal needed in midfield for 12 years and Emery has dropped Cech and Ozil, two of the first names on Wenger's sheet and two players who might be called deadwood if anyone is.
Report dambuster December 4, 2018 7:00 AM GMT
correct  wenger gave Ozil that disgusting contract before he went
Report John.W.Henry. December 4, 2018 10:24 AM GMT
Agreed Dambuster ..Another panic decision as became the norm. It is that contract which must make things extremely difficult for those signing a new one. Especially if they consider that the shift they put in outweighs what the ghost does week in week out
Report pixie December 4, 2018 10:29 AM GMT
At least he didn't agree to pay Sanchez what Citeh and United were prepared to pay. Cheers me up no end, watching his form after the disappointment of RVP.
Report John.W.Henry. December 4, 2018 10:40 AM GMT
I will speculate now that IF they can offload the Ghost in January they will and if that happens Ramsey will get a new offer.
Report John.W.Henry. December 4, 2018 10:41 AM GMT
I formed the distinct impression from the Emery interview post match that he has had enough of him and no one can say he hasnt given him a massive chance to show his worth
Report roadrunner46 December 4, 2018 11:00 AM GMT
all time premier stats

ramsey 248 games

goals 37

assists 46

ozil 152 games

goals 30

assists 51
Report pixie December 4, 2018 11:04 AM GMT
They're not really comparable as Ozil always plays in the playmaker role and starts most games, Ramsey more often comes on as a substitute and is more versatile and has played pretty much every position across the midfield, spending a lot of time on the left wing in his early days.
Report roadrunner46 December 4, 2018 11:17 AM GMT
goes without saying they are both very different players, those stats still paint a picture, ozil is much
better player than ramsey.
Report pixie December 4, 2018 11:26 AM GMT
Those stats paint no picture at all.
Report lurka December 4, 2018 11:27 AM GMT
No Arsenal manager would or could have agreed to pay Sanchez what Man U or City would and Sanchez wanted out because of Wenger primarily. Ozil has just turned 30 and now is the time to get some money for him. The problem is he can sit there and take his wages as I can't see anyone else paying him those wages but you never know. If we sell at a knockdown price someone might. The contract Wenger gave him will end up costing the club so much money and tying up a huge chunk of the wage bill that would be better spent on a couple of good additions.

You need to build your whole midfield around Ozil to get the best out of him and that means having players doing the donkey work for him as he will not change and will not tackle. Ozil is a unique player and not comparable to anyone really. He doesn't really fit in to modern football pressing tactics and a lot of modern managers wouldn't have much use for him.

Ozil might seem a better player than Ramsey on the ball and against weaker teams esp but you are ignoring the disruption he causes to the tactics and midfield when we don't have the ball, when he is a complete passenger. Ramsey is also 2 years younger and you can't really take his all time stats as relevant as he was awful for about 3 years after his injury and played out of position for a lot of that time. Ramsey will look a lot better playing under Emery as well imo.
Report roadrunner46 December 4, 2018 11:39 AM GMT
the new manager has his own ideas, like you say ozil might not be a part of his plans going forward, hes going to create a team and a style of play that he wants to see.
Report enpassant December 4, 2018 12:00 PM GMT
It seems either Ozil has to change his game to suit the manager or accept he may only be a squad player ie if he cannot command a starting place he can be a quality player from the bench. Obviously he would be a very expensive sub but that situation is in his hands due to the length of his contract. Ultimately if he is useful to gain winning results that will mitigate most of the problems.
Emery has already earned the right for trust in his decisions. So if he wants rid or keep him, I will accept his judgement.
Report Blackrock December 4, 2018 12:45 PM GMT
Thought the main reason Emery withdrew Ramseys contract offer was AR didn't want the number 10 role? He preferred to play deeper but Emery said we are well stocked in that position.

Ramsey and Ozil both have great games then disappoint for their next half a dozen games. Happy to leave the decisions to Unai though.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports December 4, 2018 2:26 PM GMT
roadrunner46   
all time premier stats

ramsey - 248 games - goals 37 - assists 46
ozil - 152 games - goals 30 - assists 51

Goals/Assists per minute is a lot more accurate than goals per game, you can come on in injury time and that's 1 game, a bit different to playing 90 minutes, Wenger played Ozil centrally and Ramsey on the right side of attack many times so can't really compare fairly.

Ramsey
15,987    minutes played     
1 goal every 432 minutes
1 assist every 347 minutes

Ozil
12,895 minutes played
1 goal every 429 minutes played       
1 assist every 253 minute

Goals per minute are near identical.
Report pixie December 4, 2018 2:43 PM GMT
Good post, Darren.
Report roadrunner46 December 4, 2018 3:19 PM GMT
good research darren, you havent mentioned which player you think is the best out of the two of them
Report Johnny_Mustang December 4, 2018 3:42 PM GMT
Am off to see the Arsenal U21s at Portsmouth tonight in the EFL Trophy although I have absolutely no idea what that competition is about.
Report enpassant December 4, 2018 4:39 PM GMT

Dec 4, 2018 -- 9:42AM, Johnny_Mustang wrote:

Am off to see the Arsenal U21s at Portsmouth tonight in the EFL Trophy although I have absolutely no idea what that competition is about.

Quality ^

Report Johnny_Mustang December 4, 2018 4:45 PM GMT
Lol. There'll probably me myself and eight other people there.
Report enpassant December 4, 2018 4:54 PM GMT
That just adds to the quality.
Report enpassant December 4, 2018 4:56 PM GMT
"Those in England now a-bed will hold their manhood's cheap, whiles any speaks, that fought with us upon St Crispins Day "
Report lurka December 4, 2018 9:57 PM GMT
It's just as silly comparing goal numbers between the two as well. Ozil has never been a goalscorer and never been sought after for his goals. He is an assist merchant and one of the best in the world at it. He has never scored more than 9 league goals in any season for any of his clubs, yet has been considered a marquee player for club and country his entire career. I'd expect Ramsey to score as many as him if not more playing deeper.

It's pointless comparing the two, they are completely different players with different qualities and play in different positions. Playing off Giroud for years hasn't helped Ozil either but if he's not willing to do what the manager wants from him for those wages then get rid now and get some money in and his wages off the bill.
Report enpassant December 4, 2018 11:01 PM GMT
Portsmouth 2 v 1 Arsenal U21
Report Johnny_Mustang December 5, 2018 7:17 AM GMT
^ And a fine match it was too with the exception of Koscielny limping off towards the end.

Pleased to report there were 109 of us in the total attendance of 3,000, reduced to 108 after just before half time when someone was ejected for industrial language. This was reduced further by one when his girlfriend returned carrying two coffees, one of which was clearly now surplus to requirements but was instrumental in her also getting chucked out after flinging it in a steward's face in a passionate display of loyalty.

And people have the cheek to say romance is dead.
Report enpassant December 5, 2018 8:16 AM GMT
It might have all been different if only she knew the 'industrial language' was aimed at her for taking too long to get the coffee.

Bad news re Koscielny though on the Arsenal site it doesn't say anything about it so maybe it's not a big problem.
Report lurka December 5, 2018 9:08 AM GMT
Ljungberg said Koscielny just had cramp and wasn't injured. Big game later. Man U have a seriously depleted team so I'm sure Mourinho will play for a 0-0 or 1-0 and go physical. Will prob use Fellaini and the long ball so might be a big test for our defenders.
Report lurka December 5, 2018 9:10 AM GMT
Xhaka is missing tonight as well so perhaps Ramsey will start. Can't see Ozil featuring anyway, prob the last game he should be playing
Report the fink sisters December 5, 2018 9:32 AM GMT
Great post Johnny_Mustang.....
Report enpassant December 5, 2018 7:06 PM GMT
Was hoping Niles might get a chance to partner Torreira tonight but given how Emery subs he may still.
Report enpassant December 5, 2018 7:06 PM GMT
19Leno
    5Papastathopoulos
    20Mustafi
    16Holding
    2Bellerín
    11Torreira
    29Guendouzi
    31Kolasinac
    8Ramsey
    17Iwobi
    14Aubameyang
Report enpassant December 5, 2018 7:17 PM GMT
1De Gea
    3Bailly
    12Smalling
    16Rojo
    20Dalot
    31Matic
    21Herrera
    36Darmian
    14Lingard
    11Martial
    10Rashford
looks like a team set up to play on the counter -pace and mobile front 3 and 3 at the back !
Report enpassant December 5, 2018 7:18 PM GMT
Thought they had NO CH's ? Now they have 3 in the same side.
Report anxious December 5, 2018 7:20 PM GMT
Lol we have been feckin awful , youse will never have a better chance to wallop us , Rojo and Bailly have hardly played recently defensively we are atrocious, our only hope is rashford , martial and our keeper
Report Whisperingdeath December 5, 2018 7:21 PM GMT
Can't believe Arsenal are 2-1 plus. Have been here before and been disappointed since 2006 but for the love of God I cannot stop myself putting money on Arsenal!

Oh Lord please help me. I don't want a Mercedes Benz!
Report enpassant December 5, 2018 7:24 PM GMT
Ian Wright said he was worried b4 the game with the scum but now knows that was a wenger hangover syndrome- he said he thought we will win and it was because of the evidence of his eyes.
Report cricketnut2 December 5, 2018 7:24 PM GMT
I was just about to say that Arsenal are 3.15 on Betfair Exchange to win this game, surely if your an Arsenal supporter you would want to back them at a massive value price and Arsenal are rarely a value price to bet, but this evening they really are.
Report lurka December 5, 2018 7:27 PM GMT
Adams barely holding it together on BT. Still doing the hand signals from his Granada days
Report Whisperingdeath December 5, 2018 7:35 PM GMT
I have to say I have been drinking and am trying to be prudent but I want to throw the sink at this!

Maybe wait till we go 1-0 down?
Report enpassant December 5, 2018 7:44 PM GMT
Ramsey will surely be stuck out on the right tonight so likely not to be making the late run into the central space  (as was the case between PEA & Lacca on Sunday)
Report Johnny_Mustang December 5, 2018 10:03 PM GMT
Disappointing result in the end but Guendouzi and Torreira were superb once again.
Report enpassant December 5, 2018 10:07 PM GMT
Holding and Ramsey coming off knocked us a bit. I thought we were still the better side. 13 unbeaten in the league with Huddersfield, Southampton & Burnley to come. Mhikitayan looked better in his cameo which is a plus. Could do with all hands on deck now so hope Ozil shows up and take some of the pressure off the squad.
Report Whisperingdeath December 5, 2018 10:16 PM GMT
Ramsey was poor and out of position. The injury to Holding was not a hinderance. We were sheite in the first half! Better in the second but not really at the races.

For 10 years we have needed a centre forward, a centre midfielder and a centre back. Two out of three aint bad but we need a beast at the back.
Report enpassant December 5, 2018 10:20 PM GMT
Can't agree. For one, it took away options for Emery's ht/2nd half tactical substitutions.
Report lurka December 5, 2018 10:23 PM GMT
2 poor goals conceded again. Disappointing but a decent result. Thought they did very well going forward seeing as Auba was more or less marked out of the game and had little threat through the centre as a result. Torreira and Guendouzi were excellent. Bit of a nasty game at times and good to see them stand up to the physical side for a change. Two very tough games done and will prob have a few more injuries and players needing rests.
Report jon b December 6, 2018 12:41 PM GMT
Enp, Ive no idea what Ramsey is on now or has been asking for, is he worth 200k per week, obv not but there are some extreme wages out there as we know. I agree with John w  as in the Ozil wage could if he does leave free up at least an offer that Ramsey can handle and would be fair given his commitment to the club, Ive no doubt Ramsey wants to be part of this clubs future.
Btw stat  finders, find one that compares tackles, interceptions etc, would be a landslide, or find goals and assists against the other top 5 even. Ramsey like others under Wenger has played almost everywhere, almost to versatile for his own good.
Sanchez wanted out and was very vocal about it to the point where I was happy he fcuked off tbh, Ozil wanted out and said nowt, no one wanted him, that tells a story in itself, then Wenger gave him a deal of a lifetime, shocking really, obv not a fan but tbf never have been, he never wanted to come in the first place
Report the fink sisters December 6, 2018 1:40 PM GMT
That I'm disappointed to come away with a point at a ground where our form has been so miserable over recent seasons speaks volumes. Good to see us pushing forward after conceding the second equaliser. As has been said on here, Torreira and Gendouzi were both very good. Just needed a bit more quality in front of goal or with the final ball. Chelsea dropping points makes the Top 4 spot interesting now - have to take advantage of our next three fixtures, which on paper all look winnable.
Report Blackrock December 6, 2018 5:36 PM GMT
Can see Emery making a mental note of who we need in the transfer window at the end of the season. A left back is a must - don't rate Kolasinac as the answer.

A winger as well is needed. Don't think we we have a decent CH at the club if Kos doesn't come back as his old self.

Top 4 a possibility at least. We were a mile off top 4 last season. What a difference a manager makes.Happy
Report enpassant December 6, 2018 5:39 PM GMT
Ozil is a better player than Ramsey - it can be argued about who is more effective.I really don't mind if we get shot of both or keep both as long as that is the call of Emery. It was said Ramsey wanted around £200k pw and ozil is on £300. We could have 5 very decent players on £100k pw for the two of them - I could see the sense in that also. Frankly I think we MUST ALLOW Emery to make the decision of what HE needs to produce a team in his image.
Report Whisperingdeath December 6, 2018 8:20 PM GMT
Got some nice bets on Arsenal Top 4 at 2.88 and lays of both Chelski at 1.36 and Yiddos at 1.53

Looks like it could be an a long tough season but Arsenal have the better squad imho

Arsenal have some " easier " games till Liverpool late in the month. Tottenham rely on Kane and Chelski on Hazard. February and March will be tough on both clubs as will Christmas and New year then Championes League.
Report Whisperingdeath December 6, 2018 8:20 PM GMT
Got some nice bets on Arsenal Top 4 at 2.88 and lays of both Chelski at 1.36 and Yiddos at 1.53

Looks like it could be an a long tough season but Arsenal have the better squad imho

Arsenal have some " easier " games till Liverpool late in the month. Tottenham rely on Kane and Chelski on Hazard. February and March will be tough on both clubs as will Christmas and New year then Championes League.
Report sewter lives again December 6, 2018 9:26 PM GMT
wonder if we could get Maguire from Leicester assuming he is fit
Report dambuster December 7, 2018 10:32 AM GMT
I've wanted Maguire for the past 3 years
Report Johnny_Mustang December 7, 2018 12:22 PM GMT
^ A poor man's Gus Caesar.
Report Mr Eboue December 7, 2018 12:26 PM GMT
Holding’s done his cruciate ligament. Season over.
Report enpassant December 8, 2018 2:02 PM GMT
Team to play Huddersfield: Leno, Bellerin, Sokratis, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Lichtsteiner, Torreira, Xhaka, Guendouzi, Lacazette, Aubameyang

Subs: Cech, Elneny, Koscielny, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Monreal, Nketiah
Report enpassant December 8, 2018 2:04 PM GMT
Bit worried for Niles not getting on the bench here. He needs a real chance to show what he can do and imo ought to be ahead of Elneny.
Report Mr Eboue December 8, 2018 9:01 PM GMT
Praise the Lord for Terreira. What a player.

Games like these, off the back of two physical and tiring games, are always hard. Great to see a clean sheet as well.

There’s five very good teams competing for four places and Man Utd will start putting a run together I feel. As good as we’ve been it’s not inconceivable that we still finish sixth.
Report enpassant December 9, 2018 1:51 AM GMT
Personally I think there are 5 pretty average teams (2 of which are slightly less average than the other 3).
Report enpassant December 9, 2018 1:56 AM GMT
All 3 of our usual CH's out for the away game v Southampton. I hope he gives Jenkinson another run out in that position v Qarabag as imo  he is a better CH than RFB and it may be we need him in the EPL the way things are going.
Report EastLower Gooner December 9, 2018 8:07 AM GMT
Hopefully get Torreira a new contract at the end of the season with a sneaky £1bn buyout in it.

Cool
Report enpassant December 10, 2018 6:54 PM GMT
I would be happy to see Jenkinson get a game at Southampton in one of the 3 at the back set up.
Report Blackrock December 11, 2018 10:42 AM GMT
Sorry but Jenko nowhere near good enough. May have no choice if the injury situation doesn't improve.
Report enpassant December 11, 2018 4:04 PM GMT
Jenkinson was bought as a CH. He played there recently and did a very decent job. We are in real need for this game and as they say, needs must. We have certainly given more chances to worse CH's than him and an added bonus in him playing there would be his height. He MUST come into Emery's thinking as Monreal and Koscielny are major risks (of breaking down)if they start. That said I'm fairly sure he will go with a Monreal/Lichsteiner/Koscielny mix of some sort but to not consider Jenkinson imo, would be a mistake.
Report pixie December 11, 2018 4:52 PM GMT
Jenko is too light weight, imo, to play centre half.
Report enpassant December 11, 2018 6:05 PM GMT
We may get to see in the next few days.
Report FIGJAM December 11, 2018 10:19 PM GMT
Tottenham- Still the only place ion London to watch CLLove
Report ufcdan December 11, 2018 10:26 PM GMT
Tottenham- Still the only place ion London to watch CLLove

As a fxxking lodger
Report enpassant December 11, 2018 11:47 PM GMT
Dopey c..t
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now