Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brassneck
13 Jun 18 14:33
| Topic/replies: 12,143 | Blogger: brassneck's blog
my 18 year old grandson has told me he wants to be a big time professional gambler like me.He wants to start a gambling business and has invested 50 quid to start .
He tells me he is going to place the 50 quid on England to win the world cup.Now i love my grandson and would like to give him the best advice i can to help him start his gambling career.
I would like him to be a big time successful gambler like myself and i realise that he is about to throw his money down the drain.
my question is"should i let my grandson learn the hard way(even though i love him very much)or should i move in and give him a good start to his career by telling him to back Germany instead
i feel very guilty about this situation and believe i should give him a good start to his career,and we all know(thats all us pro's)that the germans are certs.
i want my grandson to get the best out of life and when i see him about to make a serious mistake i feel i should advise him in the correction direction,so that he can become a professional gambler like myself.
what do you think guys?
Share |

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 17
By:
howard
When: 13 Jun 18 14:40
A brave and shrewd bet. When we get to the semis he can cash out. No Netherlands or Italy we will never have a better chance of a good run.
By:
donny osmond
When: 13 Jun 18 14:40
tell him to back on betfair

everybody wins on betfair
By:
brassneck
When: 13 Jun 18 14:49
thats why i asked the question on the betfair forum,because we all win everday and are all big time professionals.
just goes to show that birds of a feather flock together .if you want to be big name in the gambling world you have to be a member of the elite betfair forumites.Cool
By:
trilby22
When: 13 Jun 18 14:59
Tell him to start off with lumping it on a 2-0 Russia tomorrow, imo.
By:
TameTheTiger
When: 13 Jun 18 15:05
England are 16/1 to win the World Cup. For those that don't understand betting, if you put £50 on England at 16/1, you'll lose £50.
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 13 Jun 18 15:35
I'd start by asking him why he thinks England will win the World Cup. If what he tells suggets to you he's betting with his heart, them let him lose his £50. Continue with this process until he realises he's a huge mug. Mistake #1 and a mistake most of us made over and over again when we first started out.

You've already told him you cannot win long term with bookmakers, I assume?
By:
mesmerised
When: 13 Jun 18 15:36
Brass how have you managed to convince your Grandson you're a professional Gambler when you've yet to convince anyone of us after 15 years on here Laugh
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 13 Jun 18 15:38
Werther's Originals.
By:
DIE LINKE
When: 13 Jun 18 15:41
I always assumed brassneck was a bot, no way he's a 60+ human.
By:
kincsem
When: 13 Jun 18 15:50
Tell him to back England to beat Saudi Arabia 7-5 in the final, with Jordon Henderson getting a hat-trick.
And not to accept less that 10/1 odds on the above.
By:
kincsem
When: 13 Jun 18 16:26
I've read the opening post again.
The grandson is 18 years old.  I assumed the child was 2 or 3 years old.
Blame the milkman.
By:
SOULDANCER
When: 13 Jun 18 17:29
Can't believe you don't know what to do.

You know everything else.
By:
G Hall
When: 13 Jun 18 18:12
Are you on day release
By:
skygreenzone
When: 13 Jun 18 19:04
First tip should be keep of the forum its a distraction.
By:
ufcdan
When: 13 Jun 18 21:08
Rather than England tell your grandson to put his £50 on South Korea. Much bigger odds over 600/1 than England at 19s although like England they have fxxk all chance of winning !
By:
brassneck
When: 13 Jun 18 22:01
to mesmerised.i told my grandson i work in finance ,but when he sees my gucci shoes,all my cars,the helli on the pad outside my castle,all the houses i own,and of course my summer villas,and he loves sailing with me in my yachts,but most of all i think he likes my race horses,i think that is where he caught the bug for gambling.he smiles at me when i tell him i am working in finance and then switches on my private feed to watch SIS live racing.He thinks Adam Kirby will go through the card at Kempton one of these days.Shocked
By:
mesmerised
When: 13 Jun 18 22:23
It takes me 25 minutes to walk from the East Wing of my sprawling mansion complex in the country, to the West wing, so I know how you feel brass. I was thinking of downsizing to somewhere like Kensington, but the exercise is good for me.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now