Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brassneck
13 Jun 18 14:33
| Topic/replies: 12,143 | Blogger: brassneck's blog
my 18 year old grandson has told me he wants to be a big time professional gambler like me.He wants to start a gambling business and has invested 50 quid to start .
He tells me he is going to place the 50 quid on England to win the world cup.Now i love my grandson and would like to give him the best advice i can to help him start his gambling career.
I would like him to be a big time successful gambler like myself and i realise that he is about to throw his money down the drain.
my question is"should i let my grandson learn the hard way(even though i love him very much)or should i move in and give him a good start to his career by telling him to back Germany instead
i feel very guilty about this situation and believe i should give him a good start to his career,and we all know(thats all us pro's)that the germans are certs.
i want my grandson to get the best out of life and when i see him about to make a serious mistake i feel i should advise him in the correction direction,so that he can become a professional gambler like myself.
what do you think guys?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View gambling advice needed
Show More
Report howard June 13, 2018 2:40 PM BST
A brave and shrewd bet. When we get to the semis he can cash out. No Netherlands or Italy we will never have a better chance of a good run.
Report donny osmond June 13, 2018 2:40 PM BST
tell him to back on betfair

everybody wins on betfair
Report brassneck June 13, 2018 2:49 PM BST
thats why i asked the question on the betfair forum,because we all win everday and are all big time professionals.
just goes to show that birds of a feather flock together .if you want to be big name in the gambling world you have to be a member of the elite betfair forumites.Cool
Report trilby22 June 13, 2018 2:59 PM BST
Tell him to start off with lumping it on a 2-0 Russia tomorrow, imo.
Report TameTheTiger June 13, 2018 3:05 PM BST
England are 16/1 to win the World Cup. For those that don't understand betting, if you put £50 on England at 16/1, you'll lose £50.
Report DirkDiggler June 13, 2018 3:35 PM BST
I'd start by asking him why he thinks England will win the World Cup. If what he tells suggets to you he's betting with his heart, them let him lose his £50. Continue with this process until he realises he's a huge mug. Mistake #1 and a mistake most of us made over and over again when we first started out.

You've already told him you cannot win long term with bookmakers, I assume?
Report mesmerised June 13, 2018 3:36 PM BST
Brass how have you managed to convince your Grandson you're a professional Gambler when you've yet to convince anyone of us after 15 years on here Laugh
Report DirkDiggler June 13, 2018 3:38 PM BST
Werther's Originals.
Report DIE LINKE June 13, 2018 3:41 PM BST
I always assumed brassneck was a bot, no way he's a 60+ human.
Report kincsem June 13, 2018 3:50 PM BST
Tell him to back England to beat Saudi Arabia 7-5 in the final, with Jordon Henderson getting a hat-trick.
And not to accept less that 10/1 odds on the above.
Report kincsem June 13, 2018 4:26 PM BST
I've read the opening post again.
The grandson is 18 years old.  I assumed the child was 2 or 3 years old.
Blame the milkman.
Report SOULDANCER June 13, 2018 5:29 PM BST
Can't believe you don't know what to do.

You know everything else.
Report G Hall June 13, 2018 6:12 PM BST
Are you on day release
Report skygreenzone June 13, 2018 7:04 PM BST
First tip should be keep of the forum its a distraction.
Report ufcdan June 13, 2018 9:08 PM BST
Rather than England tell your grandson to put his £50 on South Korea. Much bigger odds over 600/1 than England at 19s although like England they have fxxk all chance of winning !
Report brassneck June 13, 2018 10:01 PM BST
to mesmerised.i told my grandson i work in finance ,but when he sees my gucci shoes,all my cars,the helli on the pad outside my castle,all the houses i own,and of course my summer villas,and he loves sailing with me in my yachts,but most of all i think he likes my race horses,i think that is where he caught the bug for gambling.he smiles at me when i tell him i am working in finance and then switches on my private feed to watch SIS live racing.He thinks Adam Kirby will go through the card at Kempton one of these days.Shocked
Report mesmerised June 13, 2018 10:23 PM BST
It takes me 25 minutes to walk from the East Wing of my sprawling mansion complex in the country, to the West wing, so I know how you feel brass. I was thinking of downsizing to somewhere like Kensington, but the exercise is good for me.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now