Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GRANTCKING
13 Jun 18 11:05
| Topic/replies: 175,093 | Blogger: GRANTCKING's blog
Laugh could they have picked a worse time
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Spain sack head coach
Show More
Report DIE LINKE June 13, 2018 11:07 AM BST
good stuff, want the FTBs out asap.
Report mesmerised June 13, 2018 11:25 AM BST
A day before the World Cup. You'd expect this from a tin pot nation but not Spain, thought they had more nous.

Looks like the president has cut his nose to spite his face.
Report second again June 13, 2018 11:35 AM BST
Lunacy.
Report FredRescue June 13, 2018 12:07 PM BST
Get the next manager market up quick Betfair Cool
Report mesmerised June 13, 2018 12:19 PM BST
My well placed sources in the Spanish base camp (Krasnodor Academy) near the Black Sea are telling me Vicente Del Bosque will be parachuted into the job this evening. You wont get this info anywhere else.
Report EastLower Gooner June 13, 2018 12:25 PM BST
#WengerIn

Just the person to get the best out of Messi imo
Report Platini June 13, 2018 12:41 PM BST
sheer lunacy

Spain now drifting like a barge in match v Portugal and in outright Surprised
Report rommel June 13, 2018 12:46 PM BST
lunacy!!!?they might know summat you dont,so there
Report DIE LINKE June 13, 2018 12:53 PM BST
Got a few hundred up to back Brazil @ 5.2 at the purple place if anyone wants a pop.
Report Platini June 13, 2018 1:04 PM BST
lunacy that they've sacked him

not that they're drifting.
Report ashleigh June 13, 2018 1:05 PM BST
fernando hierro to take charge of spain in the world cup.
Report Platini June 13, 2018 1:18 PM BST
with their competition shooting themselves in the foot, are the stars aligning for the Brazilians ?
Report johnnythebull June 13, 2018 1:50 PM BST
is Hierro the Spanish Woy?
last job..Real Oviedo..la liga secunda ffs!
it's a good team but how much faith can the players have in such a guy?
they surely can't have that much respect for him?
makes the Portugal game now absolutely make or break one would assume
we live in interesting times
Report Afc888 June 13, 2018 1:56 PM BST
Dontget me wrong it seems a strange decision not to keep the Spanish FA informed about what he was intending on doing once the tournament finishes.

To actually sack him two days before the tornament starts though would cause 10x a bigger issue in the media?Looks a stupid decision. Germany and Spain coming into the tournament ith question marks. Maybe wont affect them but definetley doesnt do them any favours.
Report JC1326 June 13, 2018 2:20 PM BST
I must have missed something. Why do Germany have a question mark Confused Because the second string lost against Austria and the first team only won 2-1 against another World Cup side?
Report Slicer June 13, 2018 2:22 PM BST
All the preparations and tactics will have been worked out by now. The new senor won't want to tip over the paella. I backed them at 6/1 with a bookie as one of my 6 teams and am satisfied they can still perform well enough to get out of the group. The drift in the outright is not that great and I can't see Morocco or Iran stopping them getting out of the group. We shall see!
Report Afc888 June 13, 2018 2:25 PM BST
Nope justpersonal opinion is that they've regressed since the last tournament. Nothing to do with friendly games. In terms of the question mark I meant with Ozil and Gundogan.

Never great to be coming into the tournament with these types of issues lying over a team. May not make a massive difference depends how you want to look at it. Defensively as well they dont look the best.
Report Aspro June 13, 2018 2:39 PM BST
Report I read this morning mentioned that Benitez is in the frame
Report DIE LINKE June 13, 2018 2:44 PM BST
Negatives about Germany (see the Leroy Sane thread), but Werner and Reus are huge positives.
Report GoBallistic June 13, 2018 3:40 PM BST
If Spain do win the World Cup what would that say about international football managers ? Might see managers getting sacked in the group stages of Euro 2020
Report Platini June 13, 2018 3:47 PM BST
Leaving Sane out is the main issue with Germany.

If they have someone better in his position, I haven't seen him.

Big mistake imo, but we shall see.
Report heyho June 13, 2018 3:52 PM BST
Lol!
Report Afc888 June 13, 2018 3:52 PM BST
Reus has also only played 11 times this season. Can he stay fit? If he can I've no doubt he's top class. Still believe the defensive issues will come to the fore fray.
Report GoBallistic June 13, 2018 4:17 PM BST
I wish England had Germany's defensive issues
Report Afc888 June 13, 2018 5:57 PM BST
We'll see buddy its just my opinion not sure what England have to do with it however its hard to evaluate the European qualifying form as no team is actually challenged by anyone throughout. Dont get me wrong they're still a good side I just dont think they'll be good enough to win it personally. Feel free to come back after and laugh. GL
Report clacherholiday2 June 13, 2018 6:54 PM BST
some over reactions by the media and people posting around the web.
now the squads selected, the coaches job about jow is to tell them when to get subbed off and what else?  theyll have an army of people working behind the scenes, missing one wont really hurt them from here, if it was 2 months ago and a bigger personality then id say something else.

loads of senior pros in that squad, theyll be fine, international management by this stage is fairly pointless unless its not team of kids who dont know what to do
Report clacherholiday2 June 13, 2018 6:55 PM BST
Unless it IS a team of kids rather..
Report Afc888 June 13, 2018 7:18 PM BST
I do think it is a distraction though personally and not what you need going into a tournament like this. WHat would you say would you say that Germany have regressed since the last world cup?
Report JC1326 June 13, 2018 7:35 PM BST

Jun 13, 2018 -- 6:54PM, clacherholiday2 wrote:

some over reactions by the media and people posting around the web.now the squads selected, the coaches job about jow is to tell them when to get subbed off and what else?  theyll have an army of people working behind the scenes, missing one wont really hurt them from here, if it was 2 months ago and a bigger personality then id say something else.loads of senior pros in that squad, theyll be fine, international management by this stage is fairly pointless unless its not team of kids who dont know what to do

''loads of senior pros in that squad''

Aye, but Ramos won't be able to foul the star man and injure him out of the match every time Devil

Report clacherholiday2 June 14, 2018 12:12 AM BST

Jun 13, 2018 -- 7:18PM, Afc888 wrote:

I do think it is a distraction though personally and not what you need going into a tournament like this. WHat would you say would you say that Germany have regressed since the last world cup?

obv its not ideal but its also the sort of thing that can rally a settled squad thats played together for a long time, as well as distract a poor one thats been cobbled together last minute.

germany id say have regressed, we saw it at the last euros, their squad doesnt look as good as it has in previous years imo

Report clacherholiday2 June 14, 2018 12:14 AM BST

Jun 13, 2018 -- 7:35PM, JC1326 wrote:

Jun 13, 2018 --  6:54PM, clacherholiday2 wrote:some over reactions by the media and people posting around the web.now the squads selected, the coaches job about jow is to tell them when to get subbed off and what else?  theyll have an army of people working behind the scenes, missing one wont really hurt them from here, if it was 2 months ago and a bigger personality then id say something else.loads of senior pros in that squad, theyll be fine, international management by this stage is fairly pointless unless its not team of kids who dont know what to do''loads of senior pros in that squad''Aye, but Ramos won't be able to foul the star man and injure him out of the match every time

lol ramos.

if rather have ramos as captain in this situation than harry, ramos could pick the team himself every game, reads the play well enough to know whats going right/wrong in a game.

Report lurka June 14, 2018 6:31 AM BST
Can't see how it's in anyone's interest to get rid of him. The head of the FA seems to think it's the right thing to do but get the impression they are throwing their toys out of the pram and cutting off their nose to spite their face. Hierro won nothing with Spain as a player and hasn't done anything as a manager. He's getting the job because he's footballing director of the national team and stepping in.

He would be stupid to make too many changes as there might be some egos in the squad who won't like being dropped if they were first choice under the last guy. Once he doesn't start doing that they should be fine and it might actually galvanise them. Doubt he's going to make any major formation or tactical changes either.
Report n88uk June 14, 2018 9:45 AM BST
Is Hierro not a Real Madrid guy anyway (assuming that's part of the problem with Lopetegui).
Report Racingqueen June 14, 2018 11:24 PM BST
WAC of a performance at the press conference today. With Ronnie and Bale out the door, will he be gone before Christmas?

He'll end up at Everton or Watford LOL
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now