Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Johnny_Mustang
12 Jun 18 21:39
| Topic/replies: 11,898 | Blogger: Johnny_Mustang's blog
Is there one on here?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Total World Cup goals market?
Show More
Report twonky June 13, 2018 10:39 AM BST
Bullies have got a World Cup your odds coupon.

Over 190 goals in the wc ( all matches inc extra time ) at 44/1...

Looks at great price to me, with 63 games to be played and works out at 3 goals per game..there was 171 scored in Brazil last time and this year's comp looks decidedly weaker than that one. You can genuinely see teams like Saudi Arabia and Australia conceding double figures, whilst teams like Uruguay and Brazil with their forward lines scoring double figures in the opening 3 games. We also have the bonus of 30 minutes extra time in the knockout stages, of which you can expect at least 2/3 games to do just that. But for me, it's the travelling between games that's the kicker, at least 2 hour flights with at least 3 hours spent in airports plus trying to get accustomed to different hotels is only going to cause fatigue and laziness, especially later on in the competition.
Report Johnny_Mustang June 13, 2018 11:00 AM BST
Thanks Twonky. Since the 32 team format there have been two totals of 171 which is the highest number by far, the others being 141, 143, 147 and 161.
Report twonky June 14, 2018 6:16 PM BST
Nice start to the bet gives me a 2 goal cushion going into tomorrow's 3 games, where goals look highly likely featuring Uruguay, no idea in the Iran match and highly unlikely in the Spain game.
Report twonky June 16, 2018 9:44 AM BST
Well thankfully I got the Spain game totally wrong, Uruguay can only improve whilst Morocco and Iran both look like they want to enjoy themselves.

For the bet to have any chance, I've got to be looking at 155-160 goals after the group stages.

Currently standing at +1
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now