Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
G Hall
10 Jun 18 12:29
| Topic/replies: 48 | Blogger: G Hall's blog
C'mon betfair get your act together game abandoned after 54 minutes yesterday due to heavy rain,and they settle my bet as a loser why are they so incompetent.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View JPV Marikina v Davao Aquilias
Show More
Report Shady Man June 10, 2018 12:34 PM BST
Just flagged up that they settled over 3.5 goals as a loser, when should have been voided. Realise they have to wait for  before settling. Customer service say that I'm correct and are looking at resettling
Report Shady Man June 10, 2018 12:35 PM BST
expect that means most markets will be resettled soon
Report G Hall June 10, 2018 12:43 PM BST
But why are they so incompetent a couple of clicks of a button would tell you that the game was abandoned,I know they have to wait,but why settle the incorrect outcome.
Report Shady Man June 10, 2018 12:53 PM BST
I know, I even sent them a link to the PFL official twitter account last night to confirm match wasn't going to be replayed/finished as one team had been put into next round of the cup.
Report Shady Man June 10, 2018 12:54 PM BST
Was told it should be resttled soon, but not sure what I'd bet on if they offered over/under 2 hours?
Report Shady Man June 10, 2018 2:44 PM BST
Over 2 hours and still not resettled
Report G Hall June 10, 2018 2:52 PM BST
Probably be tomorrow
Report G Hall June 11, 2018 7:58 AM BST
Wtf settled as a loser now ffs betfair get your act together,is there an alternative to betfair out there because if there is I am out of here.
Report G Hall June 11, 2018 10:13 AM BST
Its a joke will have to phone them again,getting seriously fed up with them
Report Shady Man June 11, 2018 10:49 AM BST
Just messaged them they say as result is officially 3-0 they won't void bets. Feckn ridiculous
Report G Hall June 11, 2018 11:10 AM BST
So they are stealing our money
Report G Hall June 11, 2018 11:11 AM BST
I spent 20 minutes on hold for the helpdesk before I had to hang up,they are a joke outfit.
Report G Hall June 11, 2018 11:16 AM BST
They have stolen €188 from me,surely there is an ombudsman or adjudicator to make a ruling.
Report Shady Man June 11, 2018 11:27 AM BST
Ouch. Don't mind losing when match is completed, but an official result for a 54 match surely doesn't sit right for total goal bets etc. Messaging through live chat is quick, but your still only expressing disgust to a telephonist. They say they'll raise concern, but don't hold your breath for any insight
Report Shady Man June 11, 2018 8:48 PM BST
just checked on william hill and they have sttled all bets as void
Report Shady Man June 11, 2018 8:53 PM BST
I've passed that info on to betfair and asked them to reconsider and asked if it can be reviewed independently
Report G Hall June 11, 2018 8:55 PM BST
Nice one lads.
Report Shady Man June 11, 2018 9:33 PM BST
coral too have voided in play bets such as over / under goals. Betfair seem unwilling to listen. I've spent 30 mins on their live chat arguing the case, but am now going to raise to arbitration. Details of how to complain are here. Let's see if they listen.
http://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Dispute.Resolution/#
Report Shady Man June 11, 2018 9:43 PM BST
Matter being passed on to Senior manager, say they'll email me (fingers crossed!)
Report G Hall June 12, 2018 9:54 AM BST
Well still no word,if it is not settled today then it won't be.
Report Shady Man June 12, 2018 10:29 AM BST
Just had email from manager at Betfair saying bets have been settled as per their rules. I'll raise an independent complaint and see if that brings any joy
Report G Hall June 12, 2018 10:36 AM BST
That is a joke it is in effect fraud or stealing or both.
Report lurka June 12, 2018 10:45 AM BST
It hasn't been settled according to the rules. The problem here is that the result was awarded to the away side. But the game was abandoned on 54 minutes due to heavy rain. Their rules allow them to pay out on an official result in the event that a tournament is abandoned but not an individual match. I think what they are saying here is that the official result is not that the match was abandoned but an away win. But the match was clearly abandoned.

•In relation to any match, fixture, game, individual event, race or similar: If the event is not completed within three days after the scheduled completion date, then all bets on markets for this event will be void, except for bets on any markets that have been unconditionally determined.
•In relation to any tournament, competition or similar: If the event is not completed within three days after the scheduled completion date, then any markets relating to the event will be settled in accordance with the official ruling of the relevant governing body, providing such a decision is given within 90 days after the scheduled completion date. If no official ruling is announced in this 90 day period, then bets on any market relating to this event will be void, except for bets on any markets which have been unconditionally determined. If a market is to be voided but has been part-settled as a courtesy to Betfair customers, then such part-settled bets will be reversed and all bets on the market will be void.
•Betfair will decide (acting reasonably) whether a market relates to a match (or similar) or a tournament (or similar). However, by way of example, the following shall apply: (i) Europa League outright = tournament; (ii) Champions League Group outright = tournament; (iii) Top Premiership goalscorer = tournament; (iv) 72-hole Golf Match bet = match; (v) Ryder Cup outright = tournament; (vi) Golf tournament outright = tournament; (vii) Tennis Tournament outright = tournament;(viii) 5-day Cricket Test Match = match; (ix) Ashes Series outright winner = tournament; (x) Motor Race (e.g. Grand Prix) = match.
•If a match starts but is later abandoned or postponed and Betfair believes that the match will not have been completed by 23:59 (local time) on its scheduled start date, then all markets, with the exception of any unconditionally determined markets, will be void unless Betfair has knowledge that the match has been rescheduled to be played within three days of its original start date. If Betfair does have knowledge that the game will be played within three days and the game is played within three days, then all bets will stand except if the match is restarted from the beginning. If the match is restarted from the beginning then all bets matched before the market went in-play will stand, but any bets placed in-play will be void, except for any bets placed in-play on markets which have been unconditionally determined, which will stand.

Get on to them at @betfairCS on twitter and link this thread. They are much more competent on twitter in my experience. The rules are clear, they just don't want to have to take money back out of people's accounts.
Report lurka June 12, 2018 10:47 AM BST
If they don't void the bets ask them to explain their decision and to quote the relevant rule the decision was made under. There is no rule that I can see. They misapplied the rules and now they don't want to have to reverse bets and take money back.
Report lurka June 12, 2018 10:52 AM BST
In the third rule above they are not 'acting reasonably' in determining that an individual league match is a 'tournament'. It is clearly a match. The only way they'd be right to let bets stand under those rules is if they deemed the match a 'tournament' and went with the official away win result.
Report Shady Man June 12, 2018 5:24 PM BST
Thanks Lurka, will do so this evening, just been really busy today. Appreciate the detailed advice greatly
Report Shady Man June 12, 2018 7:34 PM BST
Here's the reply I got from Betfair manager stating they've applied the 3 day rule correctly

Thanks for getting in touch.

I would like to firstly apologise for this experience David.

I'm sorry to say that our Exchange Operations Team have confirmed that the bet has been settled in line with our terms and conditions with regards to the 3 day rule.  I can appreciate the fact that other bookmakers might have voided the market, however please note the exchange is a player to player platform hence all matched bets will have to stand since the market is not being voided.

Once again, apologies for this experience David, I can imagine this was not the answer you were hoping for.

Thanks,

Jean-Marc

Betfair Customer Service Management
Report Shady Man June 12, 2018 7:58 PM BST
Tweeted to BF CS the concerns regarding the interpretation of the 3 day rule and a link to this thread, but can only hope someone with a fresh perspective looks at it. If no joy I'll open the case for independent review as all other avenues will have been tried
Report G Hall June 12, 2018 8:44 PM BST
What a patronising email that was what an ass hole it is not looking good.
Report somemuppet June 12, 2018 9:54 PM BST
i have been told by several people on help section that its being looked at .. dont understand why its not being voided? im going to ring tomorrow . im owed 113euros. It happened me with a Tunisian playoff a few months ago and it went settled and then open again and was refunded after 3 days. No difference in circumstances ? im lost.
Report Shady Man June 12, 2018 10:26 PM BST
Just gone on live chat and asked for reference no for independent arbittration with IBAS and they've told me they've gone back to manager and they need to look into it again before issuing the ref no. Hopefully the idea that someone with authority might rule against them, bothers them. If no joy soon I'll press the submit claim button without the reference no, but they;ve got a few minutes to come to their own senses! Bored of this now
Report Shady Man June 12, 2018 10:28 PM BST
Claim submitted
Report somemuppet June 12, 2018 10:39 PM BST
yes, im going to keep on to them too. Very poor delivery of service.
Report somemuppet June 12, 2018 10:40 PM BST
how much are you owed?
Report Shady Man June 12, 2018 11:33 PM BST
Just over £40, not that much, but don't like being fobbe off with settelement team says its been settled in accordance with the rules BS
Report G Hall June 13, 2018 9:19 AM BST
Still nothing done.
Report G Hall June 13, 2018 2:32 PM BST
Looks curtains now day four
Report Shady Man June 13, 2018 4:17 PM BST
Just ha this reply:
Our Exchange team have confirmed that they are happy with the settlement of the bet. According to the official website of the Philippines Football League, the 0-3 victory has been awarded to Davao Aguilas FC ( http://philippinesfootballleague.com/event/1607/) . As a result, we have settled all markets that were undetermined at the point that the game was abandoned in line with the following rule:

Where the Market Information or Specific Sports Rules do not specify how and on what basis a market will be settled, markets will be settled on the official result of the relevant governing body regardless of any subsequent disqualification or amendment to the result (except if an amendment is announced within 24 hours of the initial settlement of the relevant market in order to correct an error in reporting the result).

You now have the right to refer your complaint to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS). You have up to 12 months from today to do this. Should you decide to take this to adjudication, you will no longer be eligible for the above offer and the IBAS ruling will be the final decision.
Report Shady Man June 13, 2018 4:17 PM BST
IBAS dispute raised so we can at least have an independent view on the matter
Report Shady Man June 13, 2018 6:30 PM BST
Just go to website at https://www.ibas-uk.com .  then register for an account, really easy, then submit your claim.
Report Shady Man June 13, 2018 6:32 PM BST
They ask if you have a claim reference given to you by betfair when you told them you were going to IBAS. I ended up putting no. It took BF 24 hours nearly to send me one
Report somemuppet June 13, 2018 9:51 PM BST
think this is written off. Moral of story is stay away from obscure leagues. Caught twice with this in recent months.
Report Shady Man June 14, 2018 12:28 AM BST
Might take a couple of months, but at least there's a channce of common sense prevailing, but you're right about obscure leagues. Better to stick to proper bets. Can't see FIFA settling the final on a 53 minute game. Then again......USopen, World Cup, then pile the winnings on the Kabbadi World cup in Dubai next year. Let you all know whenever I get a decision. In the meantime hope all your bets come up Trumps
Report lurka June 14, 2018 5:17 AM BST
'Where the Market Information or Specific Sports Rules do not specify how and on what basis a market will be settled, markets will be settled on the official result of the relevant governing body regardless of any subsequent disqualification or amendment to the result (except if an amendment is announced within 24 hours of the initial settlement of the relevant market in order to correct an error in reporting the result).'

The 4th bullet point I posted above is from the rules and clearly stipulates that where the match is abandoned the bets will be void unless the game is finished within 3 days.

So the 'Market Information or Specific Sports Rules' do specify how the market will be settled: the bets are void unless the game is finished within 3 days. They are clearly in the wrong here and I would point this out to them rather than going to IBAS.
Report lurka June 14, 2018 5:20 AM BST
They are fobbing you off because they don't want to have to reverse bets and take back money from loads of accounts
Report G Hall June 14, 2018 11:03 PM BST
Cheers boys for the info I am going to call bet unfair again before contacting IBAS, hopefully it can be amended.
Report lurka June 15, 2018 5:44 AM BST
I'd contact them on twitter, not over the phone. The twitter guys know who to ask and you can put it to them in writing, you could get anyone on the phone
Report Shady Man June 15, 2018 6:25 PM BST
IBAS acknowledges receipt of your completed adjudication form.

Your dispute is now being processed and on completion of the Panel’s adjudication you will be informed in writing of the decision. Please use the above Dispute Number in all correspondence.

The current average time to an IBAS panel ruling is 12-14 weeks.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now