Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Slicer
07 Jun 18 14:33
| Topic/replies: 7,985 | Blogger: Slicer's blog
Having been in contact with my friends the Three Great Brians of Cambridge University mathematics department and my mentor, Professor Ernst Cackenscheisser of the Centre for Statistical Studies at Stuttgart University, I have now returned home having placed my World Cup Outright Winner bets, These have been placed at best current prices at 3 different bookies cos I didn't want to tie up my Betfair account for a month. The Dutched Bet has been designed to give a prolonged interest after Ingerland's inevitable failure. The bet will return a prophet of approx. 20% if one of the teams win. To make it worthwhile I have used larger steaks than usual, so the hope is I don't get filleted and spill the gravy! The teams involved are:

Brazil, Germany, France, Spain, Argentina, Belgium.

As you can see, there is a good statistical possibility of a winning selection, but above all, interest will  be prolonged after Ingerland is wiped out by the home side in the World Cup Beating Up Rival Supporters Competition. Good luck all!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Back from Holland-Dr Slicer's Dutched...
Show More
Report Platini June 7, 2018 4:35 PM BST
I make it a 27% return if you back them all on here (at current prices)

Looks pretty good price when you have the top  5 in the betting.  I see nothing to fear and should hose up for you. Good luck to you.

Personally tho, I'd rather just ditch Belgium and the Argies and pick up a bigger prize (approx 63% return).
Report Slicer June 7, 2018 4:57 PM BST
Thank you for your interest Mr Platini. Have you allowed for commission and premium charge on the 27%? You have a point about the Belgs & the Argies, but I am more concerned with a continuing interest in case of the inevitable upsets. Good luck to you and I hope you are prospering.
Report kincsem June 7, 2018 5:09 PM BST
Three Great Brians of Cambridge University mathematics department Laugh
Report Slicer June 7, 2018 5:18 PM BST
Yes-Brian Stelling, Brian Robinson  and Brian Ryan- all great mathematicians!
Report Crisp77 June 7, 2018 5:44 PM BST
I prefer the Oxford lads. Brian Power, Brian Teaser & Brian Tumour.
Report Slicer June 7, 2018 5:54 PM BST
Mr 77- I feel you may well be extracting the urine!
Report Slicer June 14, 2018 6:45 AM BST
Good luck to all and try and enjoy the tournament regardless of Ingerland's performance.
Report trilby22 June 14, 2018 9:00 AM BST

Jun 7, 2018 -- 5:18PM, Slicer wrote:

Yes-Brian Stelling, Brian Robinson

Report trilby22 June 14, 2018 9:01 AM BST
Yes-Brian Stelling, Brian Robinson  and Brian Ryan- all great mathematicians!

They're certainly very naughty boys!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now