Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mesmerised
07 Jun 18 09:57
| Topic/replies: 9,256 | Blogger: mesmerised's blog
[ ] Anyone but England
[ ] Anyone that plays England
[ ] Countries that hate England
[ ] All of the above
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Who Will Scottish and Welsh fans be...
Show More
Report sofiakenny June 7, 2018 11:07 AM BST
All of the above..it's traditionalHappy..and usually profitable.
Report portmanpark June 7, 2018 11:54 AM BST
I fear we will be the laughing stock of the football world..................again
Report Tiger Tiger June 7, 2018 12:00 PM BST
The feeling is mutual of course.
Report Platini June 7, 2018 1:16 PM BST
I'm feeling totally underwhelmed about this World Cup. Just looking at the group fixtures, its the most uninspiring match-ups I've ever seen.

FIFA have ruined the beautiful game Sad
Report sofiakenny June 7, 2018 1:33 PM BST
Deluge of unders a cert.
Report mesmerised June 7, 2018 2:37 PM BST
I think all Group B games will be unders
Groups E and G will be the highest Scoring.
Report SOULDANCER June 7, 2018 3:30 PM BST
I'm Welsh but will support England, got loads of English friends, so why not? Will laugh when their rubbish, though, but that's what the England fans do, anyway.
  Like Vardy and Kane, hope they do well.
Report kincsem June 7, 2018 5:23 PM BST
I'm looking forward to the newspaper headlines.
Retreat from Moscow.
We're Russian home.
Red square nightmare
Report hfink June 7, 2018 5:47 PM BST
Bales should be in the World Cup. It's a shame Bales aren't there instead of no-hopers like Tunisia, Iran, Panama and England.
Report Tiger Tiger June 7, 2018 5:54 PM BST
Shame to the taffies and sweaties who just weren't good enough to qualify. Diddums.
Report hfink June 7, 2018 6:56 PM BST
Laugh
Report milla445 June 7, 2018 8:39 PM BST
I got Belgium in the work sweeper, so that'll do. Should coast their group I reckon.

I just want to be entertained, but I'm used to crushing disappointment.
Report mesmerised June 7, 2018 8:43 PM BST
Isn't there an Icelandic player for Aberdeen?
Report akabula June 7, 2018 8:46 PM BST
I'll be cheering on England.
I always support my fellow British teams, small minded not to imo.
Report milla445 June 7, 2018 8:49 PM BST
Left at the end of the season. Best days well behind him, but still playing. Messi and friends will rip them to shreds.

Aka, didn't you make a mocking "Celtic In Europe" fred?
Report thelatarps June 7, 2018 9:25 PM BST
I am welsh and I can honestly say I couldnt give a flying one about england.
At some point someone at the FA is going to come along and realise what it takes to make the english national team winners again.
What I will say is this.
The english national football team are the biggest collection of losers in world sport.
Think about it.
There are only a handful of teams with the resources capable of winning the world cup.
Senegal aint never gonna win no world cup are they?
One of those handful is England.
Another two of them, holland and italy didnt even qualify.
Yet england havent made a major final in 50 years.
Not even had a semi in 20.

In the time since world cup 66 there have been  about a dozen british formula 1 champions.
England rugby have won the world cup both codes.
All four home unions have won the grand slam.
England cricket have won the t20 world cup and reached a couple of 50 over world cup finals.
Countless major golf champions. Ireland have won 10 I think if you include ulster.
Fluck me someone from the british isles has even won a tennis slam which I thought I would never see and as for two brits winning the tour de france how the fluck has that happened?
Yet england can not win p!sh at football.
To top it all off there has been over 100 olympic gold medals won in that time by team GB, not counting the paralympics which is arguably a greater achievement from the individuals involved.
Now
I know whats coming.
All the ingerlund brigade are going to say that football is the worlds game it is much more competitive..
To that I say, Nah not having it.
The world cup is set up for the big nations to succeed. The length of the tournament, 7 games in a month means injuries and suspensions hit everyone bar arg, brazil and the big 5 from europe.
Not to have got to a final even, with the deck loaded in your favour is a shameful embarrassment.
You all need to think on that before you start slating us celts.
Report mesmerised June 7, 2018 9:28 PM BST
There are lots of old codgers on this forum that haven't had a semi in 20 years either Laugh
Report akabula June 7, 2018 9:30 PM BST
I do Milla. ?
Report xmoneyx June 7, 2018 9:56 PM BST
iceland

but g/l england , yo know you can win it
Report milla445 June 7, 2018 10:14 PM BST
It's possible I misremembered Aka, but my point is wanting a sports team to lose every match they play in as hilariously embarrassing a way as possible doesn't necessarily make you small minded.
Report badjoe June 7, 2018 10:17 PM BST

Jun 7, 2018 -- 8:49PM, milla445 wrote:

Left at the end of the season. Best days well behind him, but still playing. Messi and friends will rip them to shreds.Aka, didn't you make a mocking "Celtic In Europe" fred?

Akabula has more faces than Mount Rushmore, we all know why Sevco fans might support England and it's not because they are open minded.

On more perspicacious matters than the above, why would/should the Scots support England?, we are neighbours and rivals at the same time, do Manchester United want Manchester City to win the Champions League? The same goes for Everton/Liverpool, Tottenham/Arsenal and so on. Neighbours and rivals, it's tradition. I don't hate England, having nothing against its people and enjoy my visits down there, but do I want England to do well in the World Cup, DO I FOOK Angry

Report akabula June 7, 2018 10:22 PM BST
But wanting England to lose every match is okay.
Strange logic.
If Wales and Northern Ireland had qualified I'd support them too.
Can't see anything wrong with hoping another home nations country beats a foreign country.
Report sofiakenny June 7, 2018 10:24 PM BST
Ackie..your are the type that licks his big brothers arris.vile.
Report sofiakenny June 7, 2018 10:27 PM BST
I notice you would cheer on Norn Ireland but have no time for their brothers and sisters who share the same Island.
Report bankit June 7, 2018 11:43 PM BST

Jun 7, 2018 -- 1:16PM, Platini wrote:

I'm feeling totally underwhelmed about this World Cup. Just looking at the group fixtures, its the most uninspiring match-ups I've ever seen.FIFA have ruined the beautiful game

My feelings exactly, can't remember as poor a World Cup, the point of the group stages is to get rid of all the keich & have the real thing, once every four years one of the great sporting highlights... it's like the champions league now with no interest until February!!

Report milla445 June 8, 2018 12:03 AM BST
Just wait until it goes up to 48 teams.

Has an African or Asian team even won a warm-up game yet?
Report Geesyerdosh June 8, 2018 12:05 AM BST
Looking for Enemies of Morris Dancing in the betting but can't seem to find them. Long time supporter here.
Report kincsem June 8, 2018 2:27 AM BST
I will cheer on my bet on Peru.
Report mesmerised June 8, 2018 8:03 AM BST
bankit 07 Jun 18 23:43 Joined: 25 Oct 14 | Topic/replies: 668 | Blogger: bankit's blog

My feelings exactly, can't remember as poor a World Cup, the point of the group stages is to get rid of all the keich & have the real thing, once every four years one of the great sporting highlights... it's like the champions league now with no interest until February!!

If you can't remember as poor a World Cup (before a single ball has even been kicked), when exactly was the last time there was a World Cup with 32 high calibre teams or there abouts? as far as I remember there's always been a few poor sides making up the numbers, same as the groups in the Euro's, CL and EL. That's what you get with regional qualifying.
Report portmanpark June 8, 2018 1:02 PM BST
Seems crazy there are so many bad teams and Holland\Italy\chile are all at home.
Report bankit June 9, 2018 1:39 PM BST

Jun 8, 2018 -- 8:03AM, mesmerised wrote:

bankit 07 Jun 18 23:43 Joined: 25 Oct 14 | Topic/replies: 668 | Blogger: bankit's blogMy feelings exactly, can't remember as poor a World Cup, the point of the group stages is to get rid of all the keich & have the real thing, once every four years one of the great sporting highlights... it's like the champions league now with no interest until February!!If you can't remember as poor a World Cup (before a single ball has even been kicked), when exactly was the last time there was a World Cup with 32 high calibre teams or there abouts? as far as I remember there's always been a few poor sides making up the numbers, same as the groups in the Euro's, CL and EL. That's what you get with regional qualifying.

I very much doubt there has ever been a World Cup with so many one sided games on paper before the k.o, no doubt be he odd shock result but it's very uninspiring stuff for first couple weeks....

Report lfc1971 June 9, 2018 8:44 PM BST
What  a fool sofiakenny is , the Republic of Ireland are a foreign country !
Report mesmerised June 9, 2018 8:46 PM BST
this world cup on paper looks no different to many gone before it.
Report lfc1971 June 9, 2018 8:48 PM BST
Expect England could do well , as good as anyone
Report Gordon63 June 9, 2018 8:59 PM BST
for me its close between box 2 and box 4!!
Report Tiger Tiger June 10, 2018 12:25 AM BST
I agree with lfc1971 ref Sofiakenny muppet.
Report lfc1971 June 10, 2018 7:57 AM BST
I’ll never forgive the ROI for what they did in WW2, and of course they’re up to their old tricks in the brexit negotiations
Report pushkin99 June 10, 2018 9:24 AM BST

Jun 7, 2018 -- 5:47PM, hfink wrote:

Bales should be in the World Cup. It's a shame Bales aren't there instead of no-hopers like Tunisia, Iran, Panama and England.

Agreed but sadly they were simply not good enough and Baled out.

Report pushkin99 June 10, 2018 9:30 AM BST
Having lived in Dunfermeline in the late eighties/early nineties, not sure u even need to ask in yr opening post Mes.

FWIW, I jumped out of my seat cheering in 78 when Gemmil scored, and when I lived in Scotland I cheered on the national team (and for that matter my local teams.) In my experience, a polar opposite view from the Anglo Scots exiled in England.
Report MJK June 10, 2018 7:22 PM BST

Jun 10, 2018 -- 7:57AM, lfc1971 wrote:

I’ll never forgive the ROI for what they did in WW2, and of course they’re up to their old tricks in the brexit negotiations

I'd say you're one of those fools who wave a flag at the tv watching a royal wedding

Report milla445 June 10, 2018 7:25 PM BST
Who cares about football anyway? We're all about cricket now.
Report lurka June 11, 2018 12:24 PM BST

Jun 10, 2018 -- 7:57AM, lfc1971 wrote:

What did we do in WW2? And please explain tricks in Brexit negotiations.

See if you can back up these ridiculous claims with facts.

Report ffaith June 11, 2018 12:57 PM BST
Didn't know the Rep. we're neutral in ww2.    So were Portugal, Spain, Sweden and the Vatican!!.  The things you learn on this forum.  So many holes in my education.
Report kincsem June 11, 2018 7:33 PM BST
lfc1971

After 800 years of killing us and robbing us you start a war and expect us to supply the men.
We got independence in 1922, then the UK waged an economic war against us, refusing to take our produce.
Out farmland was owned by 750 UK landowners, mostly absentee.

We are part of the EU.
You decided to join the EU, you voted to leave.
You are negotiating with the EU.

Irish people will never forget the UK for what they did in Ireland.
Report MC Roller June 11, 2018 7:49 PM BST
milla Laugh

I'll be supporting open attacking football.
Report mesmerised June 11, 2018 8:03 PM BST
lfc is not the full shilling, as they say in IrelandCool
Report TheBaron June 11, 2018 8:09 PM BST
Why should any other nationalities support England.  I'm English and I can hardly be bothered myself.
Report lfc1971 June 11, 2018 8:18 PM BST
nonsense kincsem you didn't get independence in 1922 , independence means no open border and no right to live and work in Britain
that's the problem so pipe down about independence
Report lfc1971 June 11, 2018 8:21 PM BST
no wonder they wont support England if like kincsem that is their attitude
Report lfc1971 June 11, 2018 8:24 PM BST
They sent a letter of regret to berlin when Hitler died , can you imagineGrin
Report themover June 11, 2018 8:34 PM BST
The Irish normally only support the UK when they want a financial bail-out Wink
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now