Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
04 Jun 18 18:03
| Topic/replies: 4,062 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
not long to go till the 1st game kicks off and some long odds on shots will look very good on paper and not hard to see plenty off punters going in  for some "free money"on the "good things " with little thought going into the selections,but as we know things dont always go to plan and upsets happen in football on a regular basis  ,i will be  going "against the grain " in plenty of these games and looking to sink some short priced  bismarks right through the tournament . obviously laying shorties you are gonna hit a good few icebergs on the way opposing the odds on shots but decent prices on the outsiders and we have the draw on our side as well . all lays will be odds on , wont be betting anything till nearer the day but nearly 2 weeks for discussions and summaries . opinions suggestions  and input welcolm and encouraged ..............................good luck all !
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View lets sink some bismarks?...
Show More
Report morpteh mackem June 4, 2018 7:25 PM BST
gl sir.
for starters, surely russia must be ( cheap ) lay in first game v saudis.
Report clacherholiday2 June 4, 2018 10:38 PM BST
perhaps not what you had in mind but inplay there were certainly be a few prices smashed up
Report jollyswagman June 4, 2018 11:09 PM BST
glad you've started a thread just for the world cup foyles Cool

call me a traitor but engerland are long odds on in not one but two group games (around 2/5 and 1/5) and i wont be able to resist laying them at such cheap prices. hopefully we will have two lots of 90 minutes of complete dross to cheer on Crazy

people never learn the lesson and england will always be underpriced.
Report gibmark June 4, 2018 11:10 PM BST

Jun 4, 2018 -- 7:25PM, morpteh mackem wrote:

gl sir. for starters, surely russia must be ( cheap ) lay in first game v saudis.

beat me to it , 1st game i think Saudi are great price at 10/1 to beat Russia

Report FOYLESWAR June 5, 2018 2:26 PM BST
yep good luck lads , will be laying russia in the opening game ,they will have the crowd behind them and "home" advantage but at around 1.4 on here now and possibly   shorter nearer kick off may be worth taking on, vocal  russian  supporters will be expecting a win but the pressure to do well  will be on and as its the opening game the expectancy and nerves may get the russian team .  its vital to not lose the 1st group game  so the saudis are not going to make it easy ,not so much pressure on the saudis and they could nick at least a point .
Report gibmark June 5, 2018 3:06 PM BST
reminds me of WC 2002 France hot favs to win opening game with Senegal , ..lost 1-0
Report JC1326 June 5, 2018 7:11 PM BST
How can Russia be under pressure? Everybody thinks they're tripe, and would be more surprised if they won against Saudi Arabia. I'm more in the way of thinking that the only way for them has to be up, and kind of expect them to do all right. Also, Saudi Arabia appear to be bobbins
Report JC1326 June 5, 2018 7:11 PM BST

Jun 4, 2018 -- 11:09PM, jollyswagman wrote:

glad you've started a thread just for the world cup foyles call me a traitor but engerland are long odds on in not one but two group games (around 2/5 and 1/5) and i wont be able to resist laying them at such cheap prices. hopefully we will have two lots of 90 minutes of complete dross to cheer on people never learn the lesson and england will always be underpriced.

We'll go some to not beat Panama, I reckon. A brief look at their squad suggests the average age of their team is about 55

Report FOYLESWAR June 5, 2018 7:25 PM BST
pressure of expectation jc every russian will be expecting an impressive performance and an easy win in the opening game ,they may be lifted by the occasion or it may get to them ! either way i would rather be a layer at the prices than a backer !
Report CLYDEBANK29 June 5, 2018 8:18 PM BST
I've just watched a full strength Russia play an under strength Turkey.  I knew they were poor, but they are even worse than I expected.  They've gone downhill since the Confed Cup.  Their two wing backs are 33 and 34.  They have 2 holding players who never venture over the half way line, partly I suspect to protect a 38 year old centre half.  This represents a change and is a big mistake I think and why they've gone backwards.  There just isn't enough legs going forward.
Report CLYDEBANK29 June 5, 2018 8:24 PM BST
I don't think any Russian will be expecting an impressive performance, but I think there is huge pressure on them to deliver an average performance to save face, and that could be beyond them.  It appears he's made the decision to drop the 22 year old Miranchuk, for a holding player and it is a totally defeatist move.
Report CLYDEBANK29 June 5, 2018 8:25 PM BST
I'd almost guarantee they'll settle for getting out of the group and exiting at the last 16 stage
Report JC1326 June 6, 2018 9:45 AM BST
Hard to compare a competitive match to a friendly though. Perhaps the pressure may galvanize them? Be interesting either way
Report kincsem June 6, 2018 12:11 PM BST
Tunisia finish top of Group G.
England finish bottom of Group G.

That couldn't happen?
England finished bottom of Group D in the 2014 World Cup.
Costa Rica finished top ahead of Uruguay and Italy.
Report kincsem June 6, 2018 12:24 PM BST
Tunisia beat Belgium.

The Belgian defence has
shirt 2 - Alderweireld (29)
shirt 3- Vermaelen (32)
shirt 4 -Kompany (32)
shirt 5 - Vertonghen (31)

They might play other defenders and not stick to the shirt numbers.
The Belgian defence is older than ideal imo.
Belgium V Tunisia at 15:00 in Moscow in their second match could be in very warm weather.
Report gibmark June 6, 2018 12:24 PM BST
England to finish bottom of group is 35/1 ...decent punt imo
Report FOYLESWAR June 6, 2018 12:32 PM BST
whos that with gib ? would be interested in that^^^^^
Report CLYDEBANK29 June 6, 2018 12:34 PM BST
Kompany is a doubt for the WC I think I heard on the radio

I'd love to see the prices if Morocco met Russia in the last 16
Report CLYDEBANK29 June 6, 2018 12:37 PM BST
Golovin Smolov and Akinfeev would be the only three players that would get into the Moroccan team
Report FOYLESWAR June 6, 2018 12:44 PM BST
o.k gib found it ,thanks
Report gibmark June 6, 2018 1:21 PM BST

Jun 6, 2018 -- 12:32PM, FOYLESWAR wrote:

whos that with gib ? would be interested in that^^^^^

its on Betfair exchange

Report Chillit June 8, 2018 11:52 AM BST
I fancy Portugal to go out at the Group stage. So much lazy journalism around just slotting Spain and Portugal through. I think Morocco will have a go at them and beat them.
Report Chillit June 8, 2018 11:59 AM BST
7 out of the last 9 World Cup winners have lost a group game at the following World Cup. 3 of the 4 last defending World Cup winners have gone out at the group stage (France 2002, Italy 2010, Spain 2014).

Wrote a short blog on it here.

www.worldcupthinking.blogspot.com

Mexico to beat Germany in the opener?
Report The Dragon June 8, 2018 9:19 PM BST
laying argentina v iceland in saturday 16th at 1.34 and also backed iceland at 13 .5 0n here

argentina not the team they were and iceland are no mugs
Report FOYLESWAR June 10, 2018 4:08 PM BST
laying france to win group c at 1.4 ish ,most will think its a given  that france will walk this group and  as thire odds suggest no suprise if they do ,but it may not be the cakewalk it looks on paper , denmark no mugs and look on the up and the aussies could prove tough to beat also peru a bit hit and miss but beat uraguay and drew with the argies and columbia in the qualifiyers ,could suprise a few !

bet lay france to win group c at 1.4 ish good luck .
Report FOYLESWAR June 10, 2018 6:07 PM BST
tunisia could take something from the "mighty england in the group game ,three lions long odds on and as usual expectation will be 3 easy points but we have seen it before and they could struggle againt the africans who may not be as bad as some think ,put up a decent show against the spaniards in a freindly eventually beaten 1-0 but not disgraced and drew with turkey and portugal in freindlys so could have enough to frustrate england and nick as point .
Report FOYLESWAR June 10, 2018 6:26 PM BST
england 1.43 to lay  on here now v tunisia  ,expect them to shorten nearer the kick off  .will also have a few quid on the draw at around 4.7  or better on here .
bet .laying england  and backing the draw at around 4.7 or bigger on here
Report everyone's a winner June 14, 2018 1:03 PM BST
let's get the party started with a lay of russia v the saudis at 1.49. Grin was shorter a few days ago iirc but never mind.
Report leazes67 June 14, 2018 2:06 PM BST
Opening win for Russia for me,the alternative is the Siberian salt mines for the players.
Report sixtwosix June 14, 2018 2:31 PM BST
In the last World Cup , Spain were the first team going home .....a lot of big teams will underperform....getting photos from your mates who did not get picked from the beach is no motivation for some.
Report son of a gun June 14, 2018 6:31 PM BST
shirley Portugal are a lay in each match, don't see them win d.i.c.k. even more so since Joe Public still believes in the shot CR7.
Report The Dragon June 17, 2018 6:12 PM BST
2 lays 2  wins hereCool
Report everyone's a winner June 17, 2018 6:34 PM BST
good stuff, was the 2nd one Germany? doing anything on the Brazil game?
Report politicspunter June 17, 2018 9:47 PM BST

Jun 17, 2018 -- 6:12PM, The Dragon wrote:

2 lays 2  wins here

aftertiming thread

Report Callisto-moon June 18, 2018 3:38 AM BST
Some utter shock results hope you are all cashing in.
Report FOYLESWAR June 18, 2018 7:39 AM BST
plenty more bizmarks  to be sunk ! an english destroyer spotted off the coast of russia ,torpedos loaded and engaging tonite !
Report everyone's a winner June 18, 2018 2:34 PM BST
it's been going ok but i won't aftertime- after my spectacularly bad start with russia, i haven't been posting. but for the record, i'm doing both odds on lays today, belgium and england. waiting for england's price to shorten later though
Report everyone's a winner June 19, 2018 6:54 PM BST
laid russia at evens v egypt
Report FOYLESWAR June 19, 2018 7:10 PM BST
wont post anything as when i do it goes tits up ! doing o.k hit a few icebergs but sunk a few big guns ,will be laying the odds on shots only .....
Report gibmark June 19, 2018 7:52 PM BST

Jun 19, 2018 -- 7:10PM, FOYLESWAR wrote:

wont post anything as when i do it goes tits up ! doing o.k hit a few icebergs but sunk a few big guns ,will be laying the odds on shots only .....

lol.....it happens to all of us .....

Report everyone's a winner June 19, 2018 7:55 PM BST
that's what's so funny, i have so far posted 3 of my lays on here and they've all won, whereas all the good ones i've had, i haven't got around to posting. really does make you think it jinxes it putting it up on here Grin
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now