Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DIE LINKE
04 Jun 18 10:43
| Topic/replies: 23,446 | Blogger: DIE LINKE's blog
Shocked
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Leroy Sané out of Germany squad
Show More
Report mesmerised June 4, 2018 10:50 AM BST
In favour of Brandt, a sing Lowe has gone on too long in this job when he omits title winners.
Report anxious June 4, 2018 10:53 AM BST
What a potty brainless selection by the Krauts
Report morpteh mackem June 4, 2018 10:55 AM BST
no gerd muellerShocked
Report DIE LINKE June 4, 2018 10:57 AM BST
Neuer, Trapp, ter Stegen
Plattenhardt, Hector, Ginter, Hummels, Suele, Ruediger, Boateng, Kimmich
Khedira, Draxler, Kroos, Oezil, Rudy, Brandt, Guendogan, Goretzka
Mueller, Werner, Gomez, Reus
Report DIE LINKE June 4, 2018 11:29 AM BST
probable first XI

Neuer, Kimmich, Boateng, Huemmels, Hector, Khedira, Kroos, Oezil, Draxler, Mueller, Werner.
Report CLYDEBANK29 June 4, 2018 11:39 AM BST
Baffling decison.  He's been outstanding this season
Report portmanpark June 4, 2018 12:15 PM BST
worst decision of the wc teams................by a mile
Report mesmerised June 4, 2018 12:17 PM BST
I would have taken Wagner, didn't even make the provisional squad.
Report grayhawk June 4, 2018 12:27 PM BST
Die Linke .....What's your thoughts on Germanys chances?
Report TheNorfolkMafia June 4, 2018 12:33 PM BST
I'm astonished that Leroy Sane has been left out of Germany's 23-man squad!

He was the main reason that I backed Germany to win the World Cup!

Cry
Report 1st time poster June 4, 2018 12:47 PM BST
why astonished,even if he was picked ,the fact he was left out means the manager would have only used him if there were an injury crisis,manager doesn't fancy him and manager done ok in the past, just like England leaving Raheem behind some would say team would be better without him ,hardly going to be the difference between winning and losing world cup
Report CLYDEBANK29 June 4, 2018 12:47 PM BST
"probable first XI

Neuer, Kimmich, Boateng, Huemmels, Hector, Khedira, Kroos, Oezil, Draxler, Mueller, Werner.
"

Agree that would seem the most likely but seeing as he's picked only two strikers, think there's a chance that he plays a false number nine and Werner misses out
Report superjudge June 4, 2018 12:54 PM BST
1st time poster i thought the idea of picking a squad was to pick your best players. i cant believe he aint being selected,
Report 1st time poster June 4, 2018 1:02 PM BST
that's were your going wrong the idea is to pick the best team not the best players, most managers will be hoping 7,8 players never get on the pitch and will only play through injuries or things going wrong
Report 1st time poster June 4, 2018 1:03 PM BST
ie ,past England managers  not leaving Lampard or gerrard behind etc
Report jed.davison June 4, 2018 1:05 PM BST
Team is four years older and more pedestrian than last time, and they will be going out early.
Report themover June 4, 2018 1:13 PM BST
Good news for City. Bizarre decision though.
Report superjudge June 4, 2018 1:21 PM BST
glad iam going wrong. and as for the gerrard lampard scoles it was very simple to play the 3  of them in a diamond and not put scoles wd left.down to the manager cluless
Report morpteh mackem June 4, 2018 1:27 PM BST
surprised ozil in squad after walking round pitch doing nowt all season.
Report 1st time poster June 4, 2018 1:27 PM BST
like southgate picking vardy he,s no intention of changing style ,formation to play vardy so he,s only there to collect tracksuits and run around like a headless chicken if needed as a sub,if he doesn't fancy vardy southgate should have picked a player he thinks could be cover for the formation he wants to play
Report superjudge June 4, 2018 1:31 PM BST
they must have some unbelievable squad of players to leave him out
Report CLYDEBANK29 June 4, 2018 1:31 PM BST
Team is four years older and more pedestrian than last time, and they will be going out early.

The record of recent WC winners is dreadful.

France out first round without scoring
Brazil out in quarter finals (as faves iirc)
Italy out first round and finished below New ZealandCrazy
Spain out first round

One reason I could never back the Germans here. Think there is an element of players not being as hungry and also being selected on past glories
Report CLYDEBANK29 June 4, 2018 1:35 PM BST
Vardy will be an important player if we play a better team and have to sit back and defend.
Report jed.davison June 4, 2018 1:43 PM BST
he will be an important player in any match, but not if his arris is parked on the bench
Report superjudge June 4, 2018 1:45 PM BST
vardys alright. lets be straight we have not got any better options.
Report 1st time poster June 4, 2018 1:48 PM BST
against the better teams no chance of England playing 2 up front so your advocating,predicting southgate dropping kane against the better sides in favour of picking a player he doesn't fancy in vardy,thats before we add in rashford,wellbeck,but thanks for in the input mrs vardy
Report superjudge June 4, 2018 1:52 PM BST
1st time  i think we are all clever enough to realize that it 1 up front and that will be kane
Report mesmerised June 4, 2018 1:52 PM BST
9 of the current German squad were in the 2014 squad but looking at that predicted first team, 8 of them won the World Cup in 2014, hungriest players then would be Werner if he starts and Khedira for missing the final.

Vardy barely played in qualies and can't see him starting any game bar the third group game if we were through and Southgate wanted to rest Kane, which is unlikely given he'll probably want to top the group. I'd doubt Vardy would be used v Germany or Brazil from the start given he didn't score v them in 3 friendlies when he played 70 minutes, will only be a bench player.
Report sofiakenny June 4, 2018 1:54 PM BST
Clydebank..We???????????
Report 1st time poster June 4, 2018 1:58 PM BST
so if kane was injured,rashford might start up front,with wellbeck cover on the bench, the sort of thinking the german manager might have been doing when deciding to leave out sane ,unlike southgate picking vardy because he thinks he ought to although he doesn't fancy him
Report jed.davison June 4, 2018 1:59 PM BST
Please bear in mind we're talking about picking a team to play International football, and not Premier League football. So Vardy has to play, and if that means he has to play instead of Kane, so be it.
Report DIE LINKE June 4, 2018 2:03 PM BST
grayhawk, the poor chance conversion rates have been a concern for some time. Werner could be a sensation, but only time will tell. Mueller off form for what seems like years now. Three starters in Neuer, Boateng, Oezil aren't fully fit. Defence vulnerable to giving away a soft goal.

What you will get is a side that will cover more kilometres in a game against any other nation in the tournament. Particularly in the latter stages of tournos German sides kick on while better sides are out on their feet.
Report 1st time poster June 4, 2018 2:05 PM BST
England trying to play a procession based game,rotating the ball around the box ,dropping deep to pick it up  through.kane,sterling,deli,linngard,why would they consider playing a player who needs it playing long and early down the sides,without anyone in the side who can play them passes against teams who,ll defend deep and leave no space in behind
Report CLYDEBANK29 June 4, 2018 2:14 PM BST
Clydebank..We???????????

I'm not Scottish, although I've got a Scottish name and am eligible through my grandad.  Sorry to disappoint
Report jed.davison June 4, 2018 2:16 PM BST
If you're eligible and can walk unaided, surprising you haven't had the call.
Report CLYDEBANK29 June 4, 2018 2:18 PM BST
I supported Scotland in 78. Cry
Report CLYDEBANK29 June 4, 2018 2:19 PM BST
even though they never selected Andy Gray
Report superjudge June 4, 2018 2:19 PM BST
lets get it right it dont matter what system we play 1 upfront 2 uptop we are a million anyway.when it comes down to it we are useless.
Report jed.davison June 4, 2018 2:20 PM BST
We all did I think clydebank, didn't stop me laughing heartedly at their defeat by Peru or the creditable draw with the mighty Iran.
Report grayhawk June 4, 2018 2:31 PM BST
Thanks Die Linke.....
Report mafeking June 4, 2018 3:04 PM BST
why does anyone worry about whatever combination we have up top ? doesn't how good they could be as they'll hardly receive a decent pass in the whole tournament from the likes of dier or henderson
Report Racingqueen June 4, 2018 3:18 PM BST
A selection of Germans left our for the World Cup would still beat Englands first string (On penalties) Laugh
Report jed.davison June 4, 2018 3:24 PM BST
Dier made at least three match-winning passes on Friday mafeking - he can hardly be blamed that the utterly useless Danny Welbeck was on the end of two of them.
Report mesmerised June 4, 2018 3:58 PM BST

Jun 4, 2018 -- 3:18PM, Racingqueen wrote:

A selection of Germans left our for the World Cup would still beat Englands first string (On penalties)

Yeah, Germany's B team beat Chile's A team in the Confederation Cup final.

Report ffaith June 4, 2018 4:10 PM BST
Plodders like Gundogan and Rudy make it but no room for Sane WTF
Report themover June 4, 2018 4:18 PM BST
Gundogan get's into any world cup squad imho
Report ffaith June 4, 2018 4:30 PM BST
Pre the horrible injuries I thought he was brilliant post he seems slow and always pulling out of tackles.
Report 1st time poster June 4, 2018 4:34 PM BST
what haS A HOLDING MIDFIELDER AND A CENTRE FORWARD got to do with sane,its like having the worlds 4th best keeper as your 4th choice and saying he must go in front of the worlds 10th best centre forward
Report ffaith June 4, 2018 4:52 PM BST
^if you r referring to Rudy and Gundogan they are both mfs.
For the 1st leg UCL match against Liverpool Pep preferred Gundogan to Sterling a similar player to Sane.  So they can be vieing for the same spot in squad.
If not apologies.
Report DIE LINKE June 4, 2018 7:39 PM BST
Would have preferred Brandt, Draxler and Sane with Rudy sacrificed. More than enough options in centre midfield.
Report lfc1971 June 4, 2018 9:05 PM BST
Leroy Sane is the best player in the English premier
Report clacherholiday2 June 4, 2018 10:34 PM BST
Ozil straight in Crazy
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER June 5, 2018 8:32 AM BST
The fact lingard is considered for the starting line up says England are struggling
Report 1st time poster June 5, 2018 12:26 PM BST
ffs there not picking the ozil who plys for arsenal but the ozil who always seems to do it in the big tournies,games for Germany, as opposed to England basing a game not on the sterling who plays for England but the sterling who plays for man city
Report ffaith June 5, 2018 12:36 PM BST
Apparently dropped bcoz his attitude stank.  Chose not to play Confederation cup opted to have a nose job(cosmetic? medical?) instead.

Sources: Raphael Honigstein and some bloke called Mike McGrath sun newspaper
Report CLYDEBANK29 June 5, 2018 2:32 PM BST
Sterling has played 2 of his best games for England in his last two starts.  Imo he's looked England's most threatening player.  I've been vocal in my opinion that he hasn't deserved his place for over 2 years, but right now I think he does.
Report CLYDEBANK29 June 5, 2018 2:35 PM BST
Without doubt he was England's worst player in Euro 2016.  How he managed to keep his starting place was beyond me.
Report mafeking June 5, 2018 2:50 PM BST
gotta start scoring more goals. alli too. something like 4 in 60 odd caps between them. at the moment it's virtually kane or we don't score
Report betting_masta June 5, 2018 7:55 PM BST

Jun 5, 2018 -- 2:32PM, CLYDEBANK29 wrote:

Sterling has played 2 of his best games for England in his last two starts.

Report betting_masta June 5, 2018 7:56 PM BST
let's be honest he's not had a great deal of competition from the likes of alli, etc.
Report betting_masta June 5, 2018 7:56 PM BST
sterling's scoring record of 2 in 38 caps is frankly appalling given how bad some of the teams we play against are
Report mesmerised June 5, 2018 8:11 PM BST
A good bet to place might be Kane to be the only England scorer at the World Cup.
Report DIE LINKE June 8, 2018 9:59 AM BST
Reus in for Erdogan's new best mate for the tonight's pointless friendly against the Hand Choppers.
Report DIE LINKE June 8, 2018 9:09 PM BST
Germany 2 Hand Coppers 1. Should have been 2-2 in added time.

Highlight: Erdogan's other new best mate given pelters every time he touched the ball.
Report The Dragon June 8, 2018 9:25 PM BST
terrible decsion and does not auger well for gremanys world cup
Report mesmerised June 9, 2018 11:14 AM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa9Exhxu-pI
Report DIE LINKE June 9, 2018 2:04 PM BST
Jogi will certainly regret not kicking the two Turkish clowns out of the squad. He would have done it to squad players. An unwanted distraction which will haunt them for the duration of the tourno.
Report son of a gun June 11, 2018 1:26 PM BST

Jun 9, 2018 -- 2:04PM, DIE LINKE wrote:

Jogi will certainly regret not kicking the two Turkish clowns out of the squad. He would have done it to squad players. An unwanted distraction which will haunt them for the duration of the tourno.

they have the same agent, so there is that. but ofc it significantly diminishes the chances of making a deep run especially if Gundogan/Ozil get booed every time they touch the ball.

Report GoBallistic June 11, 2018 2:10 PM BST
People are really trying hard to find reasons to oppose this German team.  Players getting booed, controversial choice of fringe squad players, 1st choice goalkeeper hasn't played much recently, they won the last World Cup so can't be winning this one

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be pushing the price out much Mischief
Report DIE LINKE June 11, 2018 2:48 PM BST
True GoBallistic. I'm a natural pessimist and I'm on Germany. Seems to be a bit of a cloud over the camp atm. Three days off for the squad.
Report ian merseyside June 12, 2018 2:44 PM BST
Aside from the Gundogan/Ozil issue the defence looked disorganised and completely lacking in pace against Saudi Arabia.  An average side would have put 2 past them, a quality side would have taken them to the cleaners.  I don't think they will get past the quarter finals.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now