Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Emitdeb
16 May 18 16:12
| Topic/replies: 1,081 | Blogger: Emitdeb's blog
Two good reasons we need better than Southgate!...
Share |

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 48
By:
conditor
When: 16 May 18 16:49
Got get the right balance perhaps Wink
By:
conditor
When: 16 May 18 16:52
Mind you the misses never got a pick, suprising really
By:
morpteh mackem
When: 16 May 18 17:45
do you think smalling should be in the squad ?
By:
Emitdeb
When: 16 May 18 17:56
tbh.. he would be my first name on the team sheet.. But to be left at home is Bonkers. imo.
By:
morpteh mackem
When: 16 May 18 18:02
think should be in squad
By:
lybertyne
When: 16 May 18 19:02
Danny Welbeck - 0.18 goals per game this season

Glenn Murray - 0.34 goals per game this season

I'm an Arsenal fan but even I can see some quotas getting fulfilled here.

As for Smalling, what about Dale Stephens or Lewis Dunk?
By:
conditor
When: 16 May 18 19:04
You all know my views ,nothing to do with the best it’s to do with advertising,equality, FA dont give a ,as long as money made ,
By:
conditor
When: 16 May 18 19:16
You pay £50 to watch a game (work hard for it) for someone with an IQ of 57 to kick a bag of wind around (covered with tattoos) £50k a week ,and then you get Mardy over the weekend when they lose! Is it me, the wars started because I supported Man Utd and you an city , is that not brainwashing

The worlds f00ked,someone posted about elephants, .... plenty in zoos and circuses
By:
asparagus
When: 17 May 18 09:22
Welbeck 37 England caps, 15 goals. a very good record considering many of those games he was not playing as the striker and some were substitute appearances rather than full games. For Arsenal this season he's rarely played as a striker and often started on the bench so ridiculous to compare his goalscoring record to others such as Murray . He's a proper team player, works hard, links play and is intelligent. He won't start and he shouldn't start as we have better. He may well not get any time on the pitch all tournament. However he is decent cover both as a striker and playing from wide. He certainly should be in the squad, everything in his record suggests so and I can't think of anyone we've left out who could provide better back up.
By:
asparagus
When: 17 May 18 09:26
Obviously if Lallana had been fit he might have gone instead of Welbeck but he's not.
By:
donny osmond
When: 17 May 18 10:18
wellbeck is a decent selection, imo

glen murray was arrested back in january wasnt he? and unlikely to
get as many pens playing for engerland anyway
By:
Racingqueen
When: 17 May 18 13:07
htf has Smalling got in ahead of Jamelle Lascelles?
By:
Emitdeb
When: 17 May 18 15:06
If were looking for forward utility.. Id be picking Lingard! way ahead of that Donkey..
By:
Outpost
When: 17 May 18 18:30
southgate likes divers and welbeck is one of the best
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 17 May 18 19:28
I hope Southgate has them practising their penalties.  Devil
By:
asparagus
When: 17 May 18 20:45
Emitdeb, Lingard is in the squad so that's irrelevant.
By:
asparagus
When: 17 May 18 20:46
and racing queen, smallling isn't in!
By:
Racingqueen
When: 17 May 18 23:28
HTF Is Smalling not in the squad
By:
Emitdeb
When: 18 May 18 05:09
Emitdeb, Lingard is in the squad so that's irrelevant.

I'm such a plum... sure i read he was left out. Blush (fake news)...Shocked
By:
mesmerised
When: 18 May 18 07:21
Seem to be in the minority but Andy Carroll would have been one of my picks, different to the other strikers, great aerial ability and with his feet, very physical/athletic, yet the chump Moyes had a central midfielder spearheading the attack with Carroll and Hernandez on the bench.
By:
betting_masta
When: 18 May 18 12:00
it's not southgate's fault we are producing sh*t players

it is southgate's fault for picking 3 left backs and 3 right backs though where there are only 2 shirts up for grabs in those positions
By:
Racingqueen
When: 18 May 18 12:32
Southgate is a f**king clown. Spouting utter nonsense about youth and giving them freedom. He's an absolute spoofer of the worst type.

Anyone who thinks Phil Jones, Ashley Young and Gary Cahill have been better than Jamelle Lascelles should be locked up
Eric Dier has been 5hit all season and somehow still gets a place
By:
Rider
When: 20 May 18 11:23
the inclusion of welbeck in the squad, if justified, just goes to show the lack of depth we have

selected as a forward yet everytime i watch welbeck i get reminded of what a poor finisher he is, he wasnt good enough at manu and he hasnt been at arsenal either, here are the epl stats for arsenal in the last 4 years

80 apps and just 15 goals, that's a MPG of a whopping 278! which isnt surprising when you see his xG yields an A/E return of just 0.77

in that time he has managed an assist every 463 minutesCrazy

his international record of 15/37 means little on closer inspection, 3 of those have been against san marino ffs and others against the likes of malta, lithuania, moldova, slovenia etc teams that wouldnt even be championship league standard
By:
Injera
When: 20 May 18 12:32
As with Roy's Iceland debacle, who will Southgate look to in order to head a goal late on?

With Murray, Carroll and Crouch left out, what is plan c with 10 to go and crosses flying into the box?

It's not about whether Wellbeck is decent, which he is. It's whether he offers something different which he doesn't.
By:
ericster
When: 20 May 18 13:04
Carroll? Wellbeck? They're crocs aren't they?

Also, consider this;
When we DID win the wc it was said in a book about Ramsey, in fact it seemed to be a very important factor, that he didn't always play the best players, but the players who seemed to play best together.

Just a  thought.
By:
Injera
When: 20 May 18 17:05
Indeed you play the best team. That's where the likes of Capello and Sven went wrong. They would always play Gerrard, Lamapard, Scholes and Beckham come what may.

Both Scholes and Gerrard have played on the left for England! SG was prolific behind Torres but did he ever play there for England?

Lampard was the main central attacking player for CFC but again he was often alongside SG not ahead of him.

Beckham whatever his level of fitness or form.
By:
Injera
When: 20 May 18 17:06
*Beckham played
By:
ericster
When: 20 May 18 17:07
And you can't knock going with current form.
By:
ericster
When: 20 May 18 17:09
On that score, Rashford could be a cause for concern after yesterday but he can't/shouldn't blame himself for what was a sh1t game plan.
By:
Injera
When: 20 May 18 17:22
He's at the wrong club with the wrong manager who quite frankly is one graceless individual.

Needs to play up front.
By:
anxious
When: 20 May 18 17:26
Why is he at the wrong club ?
By:
Injera
When: 20 May 18 17:38
Because he's a striker marginalised by your manager.

The modern way is one up top with the second striker out wide. Martial/ Rashford are bound to suffer.
By:
mafeking
When: 20 May 18 17:42
rashford is being destroyed at the moment. have no doubt he would look a great player at city, spurs or liverpool
By:
ericster
When: 20 May 18 17:42
Who cares about the " modern way "?
We all saw how they played in the second half.
Why wait until you're one down to go for it?
By:
Injera
When: 20 May 18 17:43
Because that's the modern way eric. Conte left Hazard and Giroud on the bench v Hudd. Waited till 0-1 before making a change.
By:
anxious
When: 20 May 18 17:45
Destroyed lol , there is no evidence to suggest anything of the sort , he has had a lot of game time this season and unfortunately not scored enough goals
By:
Injera
When: 20 May 18 17:51
anxious - look at his youth games under Nicky Butt. He played as a striker. He aint no winger.

Play him alongside Lukaku and see the difference. He's only 20!! Your manager talks about him as if the kid should know his game inside out. It's embarrassing.

(Preferably loan him to WHU...)
By:
betting_masta
When: 20 May 18 17:55
rashford needs to learn what he is and then work heavily on his game to become anything. he's a raw animal who possibly couldn't tell you what the capital of france is without giggling first
By:
ericster
When: 20 May 18 17:55

May 20, 2018 -- 5:43PM, Injera wrote:

Because that's the modern way eric. Conte left Hazard and Giroud on the bench v Hudd. Waited till 0-1 before making a change.

So?
Exploit the " modern way ".

Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now