Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
11 Jan 18 19:43
| Topic/replies: 42,038 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
City only offered £20M so far

Think Arsenal should accept the United bid , urge Alexis to go there .

As long as they don't sell him to Burnley , the main rivals for 6th place Crazy
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Man United bid £25M for Alexis Sanchez
Show More
Report SPOT THE DOG January 11, 2018 7:57 PM GMT
No let him go to City, he can warm the bench there.
Report tobermory January 11, 2018 8:05 PM GMT
I expect he will still go to City , and , reading between the lines of the article , it looks like Mourinho sees Wenger as the mug that will take Mkhityrian off his hands as part of the deal.

Pep would definitely start Sanchez ahead of Aguero.
Report tobermory January 11, 2018 8:06 PM GMT
This was The Guardian piece btw

Manchester United have made a bid to sign Alexis Sánchez from Arsenal as José Mourinho attempts to scupper Manchester City’s hopes of securing the Chile forward this month.

Sánchez has already agreed personal terms worth around £250,000 a week with Pep Guardiola’s side, with City having submitted a £20m offer for the 29‑year‑old this week. Arsenal have yet to respond to that but it is understood United have since entered the race with a bid in the region of £25m.

Their proposal would also lead to Sánchez earning more than offered by City, with Mourinho believed to be confident of winning the race despite the forward having played under Guardiola at Barcelona.

United have offered Arsenal the opportunity to sign Henrikh Mkhitaryan, although a stumbling block to that deal could be the Armenian international’s wages, which are believed to be around £200,000 a week.
Report thelatarps January 11, 2018 8:08 PM GMT
Do the gunners really need jose's grubby 25m?
If they offered 50 then maybe..
I always think to myself at times like these, a superstar player holding a club to ransom, that the club ought to just say...
..'There you go, take your 140k a week. We dont need it. Just you go on gardening leave for the next 6 months... We dont want to see your moany face round here at all. Go and wh0re and p155 ur money away. With any luck you'll ruin whatever talent you got left'
Report degsy42 January 11, 2018 8:22 PM GMT
mkhitaryan on 200k a week ffs
Report Ibrahima Sonko January 11, 2018 8:24 PM GMT
Mkhitaryan is good player, Mourinho tends to ruin flair players.
Report Can't Catch Me January 11, 2018 8:41 PM GMT
I have a feeling the Armenian will thrive again when he leaves. He hasn't gone from top class to sh1te that quickly imo.

Just hasn't worked out for him at Utd for whatever reason. Maybe the Manager, maybe the pressure or maybe just the league. But think he'd still be a good buy for someone.
Report anxious January 11, 2018 9:09 PM GMT
If the mickeys want him charge em 40 million
Report GoBallistic January 11, 2018 9:10 PM GMT
Arsenal have no say in where Sanchez goes - totally up to the player
Report thelatarps January 11, 2018 9:19 PM GMT
He is a tidy player miki, fair enough.
But it is worth noticing that dortmund were never the same when leva and gotze left for Bayern.
Mikitaryan was one of the replacements,
And they never got back to the level of challenging Munich.
Decent player but not top class.
Typical of a lot of Man U signings of late.
They are signing a lot of players without any thought to team direction.
Plain and simple miki is not a jose player.
Report anxious January 11, 2018 9:57 PM GMT
Been appalling this season for United , lacks physical strength for this league
Report Capt__F January 11, 2018 10:28 PM GMT
who ? Mourinihoho
Report anxious January 11, 2018 10:32 PM GMT
won it 3 times capt , mersey port 28 years and counting
Report bigH January 11, 2018 11:04 PM GMT
now that both manchester clubs are bidding, all that is certain is that the club which doesn't sign Sanchez is going to look very irrelevant
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 11, 2018 11:11 PM GMT
Can't see him fitting in at united behind Ronaldo  grieseman bale but u never know
Report degsy42 January 12, 2018 5:06 AM GMT
and jesseh
Report jon b January 12, 2018 9:54 AM GMT
Jose knows he cant get Sanchez, mind games on his behalf, not saying he wouldn,t want him, of course he would but he knows deep down what sanchez is doing and going whether its this month or in the summer Sanchez will be at City
Report asparagus January 12, 2018 10:11 AM GMT
Sanchez will be at City as long as they want him. Despite his talent I think for a team like City where the season is going so well it seems a wrong move to buy someone who has caused trouble at his club for the last year and whose performances have suffered during that time. Liverpool have done a similar thing with Van Dijk but the gamble is worth it for them as they need to transform the defence to be trophy challengers. City are fine just as they are. Seems a sham to me also that Sanchez could 'steal' a Premier League winners medal when it's been won before he has even arrived (assuming he does).
Report lurka January 12, 2018 2:14 PM GMT
Fair play to Sanchez. He wanted to go in the summer for more money but they wouldn't let him after telling him they would. Now they can take him as they find him and if he wants to wait and take the £25m for himself then he should do. The club has never matched his ambition since the day he joined. Yet another top player in a long list you can say that about at Arsenal.
Report loui January 12, 2018 3:17 PM GMT
Nows as good a time as any to get some cash on mikhataryan winning player of the year next season. He’s a good player, and joses doing his head in like he’s done in the past with other attacking players he’s trying to turn into left backs etc
Report The Dragon January 12, 2018 6:52 PM GMT
no way hell go to united with jose
Report themover January 13, 2018 12:36 AM GMT
Paddy Power

Verified account

@paddypower
8h8 hours ago
More
BREAKING: Man City are not prepared to spend more than £20m on Alexis Sanchez this window.

FFS lads, you spent £45m on Mangala.

Laugh
Report themover January 13, 2018 12:52 AM GMT
The news that Jesus is likely to be available early next month seems to have changed things somewhat Tongue Out
Report G Hall January 13, 2018 2:22 AM GMT
City don't really need sanchez and pep did sell him when both at barca
Report tobermory January 13, 2018 7:06 AM GMT
No , Pep signed Sanchez at Barca in 2011 and quit in 2012.

Sanchez left Barct in 2014.

City are thinking the deal not worth it now seemingly.

United will pay Alexis the same. Depends if he will go there or just wait til summer .

It's a big risk for him if he gets a bad injury in next few months , as will have no club or contract.
Report Rob_The_Bantam January 13, 2018 11:09 AM GMT
Liverpool bid of £40,000,001 imminent.
Report 1st time poster January 13, 2018 1:29 PM GMT
has mity ever put 2 decent epl games together ,his best games all xseemed to come in the euefa cup when its hard to work out who,s trying to win and who,s trying to loser,way to the poor house judginmg players on performances in euefa,lg,fa cup performances
Report bigH January 13, 2018 1:36 PM GMT
Sanchez is a very good player but he will be 30 next year

Won't be getting any better or any faster
Report tobermory January 14, 2018 6:46 PM GMT
Looks like a done deal for United
Report lurka January 14, 2018 7:06 PM GMT
I see they have hundredths of a second on the SSN transfer window countdown clock now. Árseholes
Report tobermory January 14, 2018 7:18 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Ibrahima Sonko January 14, 2018 7:24 PM GMT
Jose will probably play him at left back
Report themover January 14, 2018 8:43 PM GMT

Jan 14, 2018 -- 12:46PM, tobermory wrote:

Looks like a done deal for United

the only club that have met the asking price to date

Report themover January 14, 2018 8:59 PM GMT
"All Alexis wants is to play for Manchester United," revealed a Chile team-mate, who wanted to remain anonymous. "He'd give anything for that."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/
alexis-sanchez-dreamed-playing-man-11852138

LaughLaughLaugh
Report anxious January 14, 2018 9:00 PM GMT
Englands Camelot
Report spyker January 14, 2018 9:24 PM GMT
Will do Lou Cackhe's confidence no end of good having a genuine world class striker in the team to take the pressure off....
Report tobermory January 15, 2018 10:01 PM GMT
Arsenal have got lucky here . Now an auction between United and Chelsea.
Report salmon spray January 15, 2018 10:04 PM GMT
£35 million for a 29 year old who wants £300k a week no doubt for 3 and a half years,and has been largely crap this season.
Arsenal should snap their hand off.
Report lybertyne January 15, 2018 10:28 PM GMT
According to Wiki we only paid £31.7m for him.
Report salmon spray January 15, 2018 11:28 PM GMT
And £5m to the agent ?
Report lybertyne January 15, 2018 11:34 PM GMT
Maybe but even with that added on it's still around the same price being bandied around for Man Utd to pay.
Report spyker January 16, 2018 9:54 AM GMT
Wd to Mr Wenger (and Mr Sanchez) if they get anything like 30m+ for him - as said above and add he'd be free in a few months. I can only think Moaninwho was either being mischevious and didn't really want to buy him or (bearing in mind he and UTD haven't got a record of signing big names in Jan) there is an air of desperation at how far beind city they are. Maybe he should have waited a day or 2 before expressing UTD's interest........
Report cardifffc January 16, 2018 10:02 AM GMT
he has to buy him now.....man city played a blinder
Report themover January 16, 2018 10:04 AM GMT
Quite happy City have pulled out of the auction. As good as Sanchez is if he doesn't want to play for City would rather he was elsewhere.
Report TheBaron January 16, 2018 10:47 AM GMT
So by not selling him in the summer Wenger has lost how many million and gained what?
Report rommel January 16, 2018 10:59 AM GMT

Jan 16, 2018 -- 4:04AM, themover wrote:

Quite happy City have pulled out of the auction. As good as Sanchez is if he doesn't want to play for City would rather he was elsewhere.

thats so noble

Report GoBallistic January 16, 2018 1:45 PM GMT
Interesting deal this. Reports suggesting both Utd and Arsenal will only deal if Mkhitaryan goes the other direction

No reports yet of what the transfer fee for Mkhitaryan is but presumably it is already agreed and Utd will get back much of the 30m they paid for him.  Or what contract Arsenal are offering him.  He's on about £150 a wk currently for another 2.5 years.  On same terms surely he would accept the deal given his current situation at Utd.  Maybe Arsenal are offering less salary or want more years, maybe the agent is asking a lot
Report ribero1 January 16, 2018 1:54 PM GMT
Just read agent gets 15 million.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 16, 2018 1:55 PM GMT
I'd take the 12s on offer for him to stay at arsenal this window
If no other teams involved then I don't see him going
Report Can't Catch Me January 16, 2018 1:59 PM GMT
Seems odd that he would drop City at the last minute to earn a few more quid with Man Utd.

Presumably £300k a week isnt enough for him.
Report n88uk January 16, 2018 2:13 PM GMT

Jan 16, 2018 -- 7:45AM, GoBallistic wrote:

Interesting deal this. Reports suggesting both Utd and Arsenal will only deal if Mkhitaryan goes the other directionNo reports yet of what the transfer fee for Mkhitaryan is but presumably it is already agreed and Utd will get back much of the 30m they paid for him.  Or what contract Arsenal are offering him.  He's on about £150 a wk currently for another 2.5 years.  On same terms surely he would accept the deal given his current situation at Utd.  Maybe Arsenal are offering less salary or want more years, maybe the agent is asking a lot

The bit not agreed is the Mkhitaryan bit, Sanchez to Utd bit is all agreed. Mkhitaryan to Arsenal personal terms are not agreed, that is the hold up.

Report Can't Catch Me January 16, 2018 2:15 PM GMT
Sounds ore than a case of him agreeing personal terms with Arsenal n88. Don't think he wants to go there full stop.
Report n88uk January 16, 2018 2:16 PM GMT

Jan 15, 2018 -- 4:01PM, tobermory wrote:

Arsenal have got lucky here . Now an auction between United and Chelsea.

Chelsea bit was completely made up. Don't know why anyone took this part seriously. No credible journalist reported any interest from Chelsea at any point. The source was literally Man City saying it in their briefed statement. Not hard to work out Man City aren't a reliable source and could have reasons for saying something like that, especially as it was weird how it was just chucked on at the end.

Conte has said he's not aware of any move or interest.

Report GoBallistic January 16, 2018 2:17 PM GMT
Sky now reporting it's basically a straight swap,  so Utd will get back roughly what they paid for him, maybe a little more
Report n88uk January 16, 2018 2:23 PM GMT
Yes that's what I mean CCM. Who knows what Mkhitaryan wants, can't imagine he wants to stay at Utd where he's clearly going to be even more periphery figure in the future, but Mkhitaryan is on big wages, 140k a week I think, I imagine that can be a stumbling block with Arsenal deal atm.

Raiola has been piping up publicly today. He's a pure business man so there's gonna be an agenda to his pipe up that the "Sanchez deal is dependent on the Mkhitaryan deal", he's trying to hurry someone along. I remember him over the Pogba deal, putting out all sort of mixed messages, then the final time it was done a few days later, so there's gonna be an agenda for his client in it (which is only Mkhi here) somewhere. Raiola is in London today too as he's been pictured.

You'd have to think Raiola wants to try and force a move for Mkhi, after all what's better for him the agent, the last big deal he can probs do with Mkhitaryan which will see him get paid, or Mkhitaryan sitting on the bench for the next 2 years at Utd. The other side could be he wants a ridiculous figure from Arsenal who knows. Of course Utd famously paid him £20m 2 summers ago, but that was a little misreported at time as it was made it was just for Pogba, but the 20m was actually a combined figure for all of Zlatan, Mkhi, Pogba who he his agent for all 3, you can see in BBC agent fees report that our total agent fees that summer was basically exactly this.
Report n88uk January 16, 2018 2:25 PM GMT
There's also all this stuff that the chance of Mkhitaryan going to Arsenal is low, but again it's likely all agenda driven Raiola stuff.
Report Can't Catch Me January 16, 2018 2:31 PM GMT
Agree with all of that n88. I think Utd may have to stump up some more cash, one way or another, if they are to get this over the line.

Hard to blame HM not wanting to leave for lesser money... and I cant see Arsenal paying the same wages, as you say. With his recent form, its perhaps not surprising that they... or other clubs might not want him, especially not at that figure.

So I can't see Utd would be willing to lose Sanchez, a player they really want, just because HM won't go. Might have to keep him until the summer and take the hit on his wages and then get rid then.
Report 1st time poster January 16, 2018 3:17 PM GMT
sanchez fee no different now or in the summer to any buyer,only difference is its sanbchez and his agernt who,ll get the money in the summer and not arsenal, against that sanchez loses out on playing in ch lg,risks injury or clubs losing interest,different targets, etc
Report Can't Catch Me January 16, 2018 3:30 PM GMT
He will definitely be cheaper in the summer. Utd offering £35m to get him now... they wont have to pay anything like that to sign in the summer.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 16, 2018 3:50 PM GMT
Won't he be free as in no club to club fee just his wages and ten mill to him for tracking back and playing full back in games against top 4
Report 1st time poster January 16, 2018 3:55 PM GMT
do you really believe a player and agent who,ve dragged their arse around every interested club including china looking for the most money,are going to miss out on a chance in the summer to feather their nests for life, his agents fee will treble,sanchez will have a huge signing on fee and his wages will be 4-500 grand a week,the whole deal will be the same as a 30-35 million fee
Report mafeking January 16, 2018 3:57 PM GMT
seems like more trouble than he's worth to me. will be 30 this year and by all accounts he's pretty high maintenance
Report 1st time poster January 16, 2018 3:59 PM GMT
the good news for sanchez is because of his shoite performances ,poor attitude he,s helped make arsenal look like rank outsiders for a top 4 place,meaning he could wait till the summer in the knowledge that its almost certain man u and chelski will be in next seasons ch lg
Report Can't Catch Me January 16, 2018 4:01 PM GMT
So you're saying he wont move to anyone in jan them 1st time poster?
Report 1st time poster January 16, 2018 4:22 PM GMT
no I think he,ll go to the highest wages for him between chelski and utd,depends if he wants to move out of london
Report Can't Catch Me January 16, 2018 4:24 PM GMT
When?
Report 1st time poster January 16, 2018 4:45 PM GMT
this window,just saying that imo people saying clubs will get him for nothing in the summer are wrong ,same price wrapped up in a different package
Report Can't Catch Me January 16, 2018 6:15 PM GMT
That totally contradicts your 15.55 post?

You've said he wont miss the chance to make as much as he can in the summer.. but will go in Jan. Im confusedConfused
Report n88uk January 16, 2018 6:22 PM GMT
The value of the overall package does go down, it's only partially true what you are saying that yer the agent/player end up with more but they don't end up with everything. The reports say Utd's total package is £100m and City baulked at that figure. But think about if Sanchez had 4 years left on his contract he'd cost like close to 100m most probably in transfer fee alone, let and out before you start getting into agent fees and wages. So the value of the package does go down it's just not linear as time goes on.
Report 1st time poster January 16, 2018 6:22 PM GMT
I WAS ANSWERING people who think they,ll get sanchez cheaper in the summer than now,thinking his agent,sanchez signing on fee,wages etc will be the same in the summer as if he signs today
Report 1st time poster January 16, 2018 6:26 PM GMT
I agree with carra,doint think city are baulking at a 100 mill ,but baulking at the fact they thought they had a gentlemens agreement and now sanchez and his agent are trying to draw city into a bidding war,over agents fee,sanchez,s wages and fee
Report spyker January 16, 2018 6:30 PM GMT
If that's the case 1st then why have (mid contract) transfers at all? Players would be running contracts down and going for more money (for themselves) all over the place but the current transfer market says completely the opposite is happening!
Report n88uk January 16, 2018 6:30 PM GMT
That has been reported today yes. They are seething with his agent supposedly.

But from a Utd perspective the deal makes sense, you can say the figures sound crazy, but reality is Utd won't get a player of Sanchez's quality in the summer for this cheap. What's going to be the obvious next link for that type of player, Griezmann most likely, well that's a 100m euros fee before you even get into the rest. If Utd want to go big in upcoming windows it makes sense to do deals like this one where you are effectively getting a little discount due to Arsenal's incompetence. And honestly after this Utd should be on the phone about Ozil the next day tbh, but no actual concrete links for that yet other than paper talk, but you'd have to think of Utd want Ozil they will get him either now or in the summer too, as I can't see who his better options will be.
Report spyker January 16, 2018 6:30 PM GMT
to 1822 post
Report n88uk January 16, 2018 6:32 PM GMT
The agents fees reported in Sanchez aren't actually that insane at all in reality. It's reported somewhere from £5m-£10m. Even £10m isn't insane in the context of like I said earlier Utd gave Raiola £20m for the transfers of Pogba, Zlatan and Mkhitaryan 18 months ago.

It's agents fees themselves that are the insane part rather than this particularly fee being insane in the transfer climate.
Report 1st time poster January 16, 2018 6:37 PM GMT
players running contracts down take the risk of been out of form,injurys ,collapse in transfer fee,wages etc, you could use the other argument why do players demand 4,5 yr deals when they no theres no chance of them seeing the contract out on the terms agreed, they could just sign a one year deal,its the agents,players who demand long deals not the clubs,bird in the hand better than a bird in the bush theory
Report tobermory January 16, 2018 8:54 PM GMT

Jan 16, 2018 -- 7:59AM, Can't Catch Me wrote:

Seems odd that he would drop City at the last minute to earn a few more quid with Man Utd.Presumably £300k a week isnt enough for him.

He wanted to go to City , but he wanted to go this month . And in January it is not up to him . Arsenal only have to let him go to the highest bidder while he is under contract . He could have agreed to move to City in the summer i guess , but then maybe he gets injured or whatever ....

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now