Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
08 Jan 18 22:26
| Topic/replies: 1,385 | Blogger: darren_discombobulates_sports's blog
Inter Milan selling Coutinho to Liverpool for £8.5 million with no sell on clause, who's now gone on to be sold for £146 million 4.5 years later!

Must be kicking themselves at Inter for not recognising his talent, even loaned him out to Espanyol as he struggled to get into their first team.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Most expensive ever Football mistake ?
Show More
Report donny osmond January 8, 2018 10:57 PM GMT
whoever sold man utd to the glazers
Report spyker January 9, 2018 6:26 PM GMT
If Pogba turns out to be any good............
Report twizzle22 January 9, 2018 6:27 PM GMT
My mate who had a correct score 4fold last week.. all 3 won ..Spurs 2-0,Man city 3-1,Palace 2-1 and he stupidly stuck West Ham in to draw 1=1 against WBA.That great lump of $hit Carroll scored in injury time to do him out of 7k(for a nicker stake)Cry
Report ufcdan January 9, 2018 7:28 PM GMT
I backed Utd to lift the title  this year !
Report pcygan January 9, 2018 7:55 PM GMT
Any club that signs Walcott from Arsenal - and that's even if he goes on a free.
Report morpteh mackem January 9, 2018 8:31 PM GMT
man u buying back pogba from juventus
Report donny osmond January 9, 2018 8:34 PM GMT

wot chew talkin bout morp teh?
Report morpteh mackem January 9, 2018 8:38 PM GMT
lol
Report The Dragon January 9, 2018 9:30 PM GMT
leeds selling eric cantona to utd
Report brassneck January 9, 2018 11:05 PM GMT
gazza taking his first drinkSad
Report brassneck January 9, 2018 11:17 PM GMT
Manchester united air crash.
Report sparrow January 10, 2018 10:03 AM GMT
FIFA.
Report thelatarps January 11, 2018 8:58 PM GMT
Wilkinson selling Cantona to man utd has to be the biggest fluck up in recent uk football history.
Just imagine..
Sliding flucking doors...
As for the world game, the brazilians turning their back on possession football after world cup 1982 in spain has to be the greatest disappointment.
Report loui January 12, 2018 4:25 PM GMT
Mind you lartaps their 1974 World Cup team was dog awful, 82 team was majestic.
Report Poppydog. January 12, 2018 5:03 PM GMT
a) Michael Knighton not raising the £20 million to buy Man Utd, lock, stock and barrel 25+ years ago
(£5 million less than they paid for Mkhitaryan)

b) Liverpool paying Southampton £170 million in transfers in the past 3 years, when the whole club
was valued at just under £200 million
Report thelatarps January 12, 2018 10:04 PM GMT
The Brazils look over reliant on Neymar, from what i saw at wembley.
Stuck him out on the left with coutinho totally ineffective on tother wing.
Three defensive midfielders, casemiro, renato augusto of corinthians and my good friend paulinho fresh from his exemplary performances with my dear old spurs.
Sheesh.
Its going to be a long old season if thats what we got to look forward to in russia.
The wiki page on Knighton is off the charts even by the standards and the reputation of that august institution.
You got to hand it to southampton.
Bet that les reed thinks he's dealing with mickey mouse every time fenway come calling.
Hope old les in on commission. Bill Gates, warren buffet and trumpy will be inviting him round for tea soon.
Report kellydamo January 13, 2018 2:24 PM GMT
Backing Arsenal for 1.7k at 1.65 against newcastle and they were 4-0 up at half time, didnt cover the other outcomes, you know the rest.
Report 1st time poster January 13, 2018 4:01 PM GMT
watford not taking 15 million compensation from everton,for the clown looking like taking a club down for the 2nd year running, Wink
Report The Bhoys January 13, 2018 4:02 PM GMT
Jesus thats tough, but surly even at 4-2 u cuda layed off
Report kellydamo January 13, 2018 5:43 PM GMT
Never expected it still Bhoys at that point. I only staked that as needed the extra money to move out from the flat with the then exx missus and based on form was a no brainer.  Wasnt until their 3rd that you knew and so did the market
Report The Bhoys January 13, 2018 5:49 PM GMT
sickener
Report The Bhoys January 13, 2018 5:50 PM GMT
But even at 4-3 they wudnt have been 1.65
Report annie. January 13, 2018 8:34 PM GMT
Nowhere near the most expensive mistake, but I was looking at my top scorers position, I backed kane and salah Silly, when I saw rooney had scored ten for everton on a FREE transfer and lukaku had also scored ten goals for £75,000,000 Laugh
Report sparrow January 14, 2018 12:05 PM GMT
Meanwhile FIFA carries on regardless.

Gianni Infantino: starting 2018 with a pledge to keep Fifa executive compensation modest – 12 days before leaked details set out the current wage bill: 37 executives paid $250,000 each plus expenses to attend three meetings a year. Infantino’s broader aim for 2018: “To work hard on restoring the image of Fifa, after all those scams and scandals.”

Also making headlines in the week Fifa unveiled its new “official luxury yacht partner”:

• Austria FA president Leo Windtner – denying alleged “breach of trust and corruption” over a $100,000 payment made by Fifa to a charity project run by his wife during Sepp Blatter’s 2015 re‑election campaign. Windtner: “I have nothing for which to reproach myself.”
• Liberia FA head Musa Bility – blaming a $600,000 hole in FA accounts on “unknown persons” handing “unknown documents” to auditors. Bility, who failed a Fifa electoral integrity test in 2015, denies wrongdoing.
• And Zimbabwe’s FA – denying breaches of “good governance” after an audit showed them paying $72,000 a year in rent to their office landlord, FA president Philip Chiyangwa. Vice-president Omega Sibanda: “I can confirm that all is well in our football.”
Report brassneck January 14, 2018 1:26 PM GMT
not the biggest mistake but a very expensive mistake was the FA allowing manchester united to leave the fa cup for one year to play a friendly match .it came back to haunt them and it devalued the FA cup .and it cost them millions.
Report stickyvicky January 17, 2018 11:27 PM GMT
£70 million Morata ..Translates as Spanish for Muck
Report charwell. January 18, 2018 12:39 AM GMT
Usmanovs lackey, that nut job racist Farhad Moshiri, buying EFC.

Sold the family silver, replaced it with vastly over priced junk and had to pay off about £150 million of debt.

Now they need a new stadium as Woodison Park is a decrepit relic. Rather than fork out himself on a £500m build he and that council, clown Fat Joe Anderson, are trying to get the council to organise the funding after they raised a grand total of £0.00 in private funding despite spending best part of a year with their begging bowl out Laugh
Report TheBetterBettor January 18, 2018 9:16 AM GMT
David Moores saying 'No deal' to D.I.C back in 2007....

They've could've been where City are now, new stadium and all...

That crippling decision probably sends Mr Moores crying in his sleep
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now