Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stickyvicky
04 Dec 17 00:08
| Topic/replies: 37,258 | Blogger: stickyvicky's blog
Is it time to not give them a point if it's a draw ?

Like in Boxing, the more attacking boxer gets the decision if the tie goes the distance.

So if one team gets a draw after parking the bus for the whole game, the attacking team should get one point and the bus parkers get zero points.
( in cases where the bus parkers win a game then fair enough 3 points )

Something must be done to tackle this bus parking phenomenon which is now a coaching tactic and is killing the game as a spectacle.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Teams that 'Park the Bus'
Show More
Report peter the butcher December 4, 2017 3:19 PM GMT
stickyvicky, Not having a go at Leicester City, loved it when they won the league but......

They started the season with a carefree sort of attitude but in the second half of the season they just sat back and let teams attack them, they then punted long balls to Vardy to chase and tried to pinch a 1-0 win.

They ended the season 18th in possession stats, 18th in passes made stats, and last in passing accuracy stats. They scored 27 goals in their last 17 league games. Not a lot for champions. Nowt wrong with it imo but don't use them to back up your ridiculous suggestion.
Report sparrow December 4, 2017 3:47 PM GMT
Ah the possession people who absolutely hated Leicester walking away with the title by 10 points. Getting the ball forward quickly instead of playing it out from the back and passing to and fro. First of all on here they said it wouldn't last, then they said they was all on drugs and finally that other teams were letting them win.
Report stickyvicky December 4, 2017 3:56 PM GMT
Dilly ding dilly dong

Moanrinho mob trying to defend the neanderthal football they play and the Chosen One plays. Laugh
Report peter the butcher December 4, 2017 3:57 PM GMT
Nah they won it fair and square sparrow, and I for one loved it. The point being made is that a team should be able to play a game any way they wish as opposed to the OP's suggestion that teams should be penalised for "parking the bus". Apparently United park the bus regularly yet they are the 2nd top scorers in the Premier league
Report peter the butcher December 4, 2017 3:58 PM GMT
Good reply vicky, at least you not getting the posts removed......yet
Report peter the butcher December 4, 2017 3:59 PM GMT
"Moanrinho"? day off school today vicky?
Report stickyvicky December 4, 2017 4:04 PM GMT
How is  the Investigation going ?
You must be getting paranoid now if you think I was behind it.
Report peter the butcher December 4, 2017 4:21 PM GMT
Investigations? I know exactly who reported it mate but i'm a big boy. I understand the concept of forums and have no wish to be involved in reporting people. I just took exception to the clear hints of racism shown.

By the way two posts of that copy and paste are still on the forum Devil
Report Injera December 4, 2017 4:29 PM GMT
Thought Guardiola lacked class (again) in his post match interview. I accept these managers like to defend their players at all costs but for once give some credit to a stubborn if limited opposition.

If possession stats always led to victory, football would lose all charm. It was incredible we took the lead and may have snatched an equaliser late on against a far superior side.

On Sunday Arsenal had 75% possession. They had 33 attempts to Utd's 8. 12 corners to 1.

It finished 1-3! And that is why we love sport. Much as coaches and pundits try to turn it into a science it's anything but.
Report peter the butcher December 4, 2017 4:34 PM GMT
Good post Injera. That is what football is all about. Can't believe how well West Ham did tbh and nobody would have begrudged them a point at least.

Arsenal were brilliant in phases against United but who can say United didn't deserve their win either.

United had 78% possession against Huddersfield's 22% but Huddersfield fully deserved their win imo.

The uncertainty of it is why we love football
Report Injera December 4, 2017 4:43 PM GMT
Agreed Peter. Although I've never liked the phrases 'we deserved to win', or 'a point was a fair result' etc.

Sport is anything but fair, especially football. You can play well and lose and poorly and win. It's about the score and that's it.
Report mafeking December 4, 2017 5:44 PM GMT
football is fairly unique in that you can dominate the play and by a wide margin and still not win. it's what comes with it being a low scoring sport

it is difficult to score. it's not like say rugby when 1 missed tackle can result in a try. 1 mistake doesn't often cost teams cos you've got 3 or 4 lines of defence in football and even then
Report morpteh mackem December 4, 2017 5:51 PM GMT
why not have points awarded based on transfer budget ? or a handicapping system set out at beginning of season ?
Report pushkin99 December 4, 2017 6:11 PM GMT
No team should be penalised by a lose of points for their tactics or style of play in any match so long as it within the rules. Criticised maybe, penalised no.

In any case, what constitutes parking the bus? e.g. what about playing and keeping the ball in the opponents corner for the last few minutes, is that parking the bus? Who decides whether a team has parked the bus? A bus parking panel? Is it if they do it for 90 mins? 45 mins? 10 mins?
Report anxious December 4, 2017 6:24 PM GMT
The point about pep was true it shows his arrogance when he demands that teams play more open so it gives his billion dollar oil outfit more chance to score
Report peter the butcher December 4, 2017 6:36 PM GMT
FA Cup draw.

Teams I'd love United to draw in order of preference

Leeds away
City away
Millwall away
Liverpool away
Chelsea away
Report peter the butcher December 4, 2017 6:37 PM GMT
Oops sorry, wrong thread
Report stickyvicky December 4, 2017 6:58 PM GMT
pushkin, teams that turn up and rearly come out of their own half for the entire game are parking the bus, with the only intention of frustrating everybody (pay-per-view viewers) included and hanging on for a hopeful point. If that incentive of being rewarded with a point for producing that was removed then maybe they might turn up the next time and actually try to play football.
Report thelatarps December 4, 2017 7:32 PM GMT
I do think the OP has a point.
Many of the rule changes designed to help attacking footballers have in essence served to help faster counter attacking footballers.
The smaller midfield general type is a dying breed.
In possession these guys get precious little protection off the ref, most especially in the epl.
Still, the game has never been more popular so its hard to see the authorities doing anything to assist players in possession.
Report pushkin99 December 4, 2017 7:41 PM GMT
Who decides if a team has done enough bus parking in a match to warrant deduction of their point? This is so subjective, open to different interpretation, claims of bias and outside influence. In short it would be a nightmare.

What if a team participates a bit in an attacking sense until going ahead just before half time, then defend like the alamo conceding an equaliser in the 9th minute of injury time? Would their point be deducted?
Report thelatarps December 4, 2017 8:11 PM GMT
For my part i would not be in favour of removing points from teams that park the bus.
I think refs ought to be stricter on the defensive midfielders who have nothing about them except the ability to break up play through fair means or foul.
They commit so many fouls, many go unpunished, but they are all the sort which are never going to get a yellow card.
Perhaps some sort of basketball type of system should be employed.
you know, in bball a player commits 5 fouls he is off, albeit replaced by a substitute.
Still, i doubt it would ever be employed.
Football would be a lot more boring if refs werent running around giving daft pens and sending off players for unusual reasons.
Report Coachbuster December 4, 2017 8:47 PM GMT
Nacional Express
Report stickyvicky December 4, 2017 9:09 PM GMT
Puskin, in dull onesided boxing matches at amateur level anyway the ref steps in during the bout and gives the boxer that is not trying or is not agressive enough a warning.
So maybe at half time the Ref in dull onesided games could give the defensive team a warning that they are endanger of forfeiting the point if they do not try to come out of their half more in the second half. Ref will have final decision at the end of 90 mins then. It would be obvious to everyone anyway whether they changed there attitude or not in the second half.

Yes thelatarps, it is very frustrating watching these type of games it is so negative and wasn't it Messi I think that coined the phrase Anti-football about it a number of years ago he was so fed up of playing against it.
Rewarding this negative play with a point is the problem.
Report sparrow December 4, 2017 9:31 PM GMT
Yes quite right too. I think defending should be banned forthwith.....all these nasty players trying to stop players from walking the ball into the back of the net.
Report peter the butcher December 4, 2017 9:38 PM GMT
Is this April 1st?  Never heard such nonsense in my life.

Who decides whether a team is parking the bus or whether they are trying to win the match? What about team selection, does resting players count as surely that lessens their chances?

Five corners in the match, is that ok or do you need six?

Refs struggle to get penalty decisions right let alone decide if a team has made enough effort to win a match.

There was a time when the great Italian teams were applauded fir their “resilience”

As Pushkin says what do you do with a defensive team who are 1-0 up and concede a 96th minute equaliser. Do they get zero points.

Not sure why I’m even replying to this. OP is even more barking than I first thought  Devil
Report stickyvicky December 4, 2017 9:43 PM GMT
Sparrow, you still lost. Does losing 2-1 or 5-0 to the League leaders really make much of a difference.?
West Ham should be showing their 'tactical nouse' against teams around them and not on a Super Sunday' for the world to suffer.
Report peter the butcher December 4, 2017 9:46 PM GMT
At least West Ham didn’t throw the towel in like Liverpool did at City. Under your system should Liverpool be docked points for not trying at City? You lost 4-1 and showed no pride.
Report sparrow December 4, 2017 9:53 PM GMT
I'll tell you this sticky losing 2-1 away at Man City was a hell of a lot better than losing 0-4 and 0-5 at home earlier this year.
Defence is part of the game whether you and your multi billionaire club like it or not.
Report stickyvicky December 4, 2017 9:54 PM GMT
Ptb. Utd at Anfield this year and last is a perfect example, 38% possession and 1 shot on goal. Utd get 2 points, unbeaten record intact and reputation in tatters.
I think when the Ref hasn't moved out of one half of the pitch for half an hour he has a fair idea of how a game is going.
Moanrinho was run out of Real Madrid for introducing this sHoite to their great Club.
Report sparrow December 4, 2017 9:58 PM GMT
Apologies, just realised you are a Liverpool fan. I suppose when your team can't defend at all it all gets too much for you.
Report stickyvicky December 4, 2017 10:00 PM GMT
Liverpool wouldn't know how to start a Bus never mind park one.
Report peter the butcher December 4, 2017 10:01 PM GMT
You used Leicester as an example of great attacking football until I told you their possession stats for the season they won the league were 18th.

You’ve kept quiet having got that all wrong. Now you are using possession stats as something to support your “eureka” moment.

F ucking hell.
Report peter the butcher December 4, 2017 10:05 PM GMT
stickyvicky
stickyvicky 04 Dec 17 22:00 Joined: 24 Aug 11 | Topic/replies: 3,943 | Blogger: stickyvicky's blog
Liverpool wouldn't know how to start a Bus never mind park one.

Hahaa, don’t tempt me. You and yer mate would have good reason to report my reply this time.........
Report stickyvicky December 4, 2017 10:09 PM GMT
Mahrez was player of the year that year. Did he get that for his great defensive work on his own 18 yard line I think not.Crazy
Was Jamie Vardey having a Party nd getting an England call up because he closed down the oppositions wingbacks forward runs every week. No I think not.

You and yer mate would have good reason to report my reply this time.........
^^ Not a clue what you are on about here.
Report peter the butcher December 4, 2017 10:23 PM GMT
What about the possession stats you keep going on about? Leicester were 18th worst out of 20? Nowt wrong with that in my world but you are measuring point deductions based on that.
Report pushkin99 December 4, 2017 10:23 PM GMT
Liverpool were there for the taking when Utd came to town this season. Some say their tactics were spot on, but it simply reflected their own belief that they were not good enough to challenge Citeh for the league. But would I take their point away - no.
Report stickyvicky December 4, 2017 10:35 PM GMT
But would I take their point away - no.  Why not ?

Millions of viewers and thousands of paying fans were expecting 2 of the biggest teams in England to put on a footballing spectacle ( in the Best League in the world so we are reminded every week on Sky).
Yet one spoil sport ruins all that for two years in a row because he doesn't want to entertain the fans, he just wants to not get beaten at all costs.
Report peter the butcher December 4, 2017 10:37 PM GMT
United believed Liverpool would attack them relentlessly as they were well behind on points in the league. The clear plan was to try and catch them on the break. Klopp refused to fall for that and never changed his midfield and even late on he didn’t go for it. United didn’t want to play into Liverpool’s hands either so they just kept their shape waiting for an opportunity to counter. Personally I thought Klopp got his tactics spot on in that match.

City are in the same position as United were at Liverpool. Let’s see if City play their usual expansive game this weekend. I hope they do as it will give United the best opportunity. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a cagey conservative approach from both teams.

Under Vicky’s plan neither team should get a point. Unless one team has much more possession than the other, or if De Bruyne gets player of the year, or Lukaku is top goalscorer or both teams get 10corners each. Of course the ref makes the final decision.

God give me strength
Report peter the butcher December 4, 2017 10:41 PM GMT
De Gea had one shot to save in that match at Anfield. I’m not talking about back passes that Sky might count as a shot.
Report stickyvicky December 4, 2017 10:46 PM GMT
Ptb, you are the one going on about stats hth.

Ranieri is an Italian coach so maybe your low stats are because of that, I don't know really.
All I remember from the Leicester season was Mahrez, Vardey, Kante, Huth, Morgan, Drinkwater ( some are journeymen in there as well ) all playing out of their skins that season. Don't recall it as a backs to the wall slog for them at all as you seem to do.

Lolkaku Laugh
Report peter the butcher December 4, 2017 10:50 PM GMT
You are basing the efforts of a team on stats, is that not right? If not, then how will your idea work?

A ref decides one team is parking the bus. How does he decide that? Surely numbers come into that somewhere along the line. No corners, no possession, no shots etc?
Report stickyvicky December 4, 2017 11:00 PM GMT
10 players on their own 18 yard box line from the off is a good indication.
The Ref standing in one half of the pitch for the majority of the game giving throws and corners, free kicks to the same team the whole time. Is also a tell tale sign.
Report peter the butcher December 4, 2017 11:14 PM GMT
I actually think you are being serious!!

I’m out of here.
Report akabula December 5, 2017 7:35 AM GMT
I don't blame teams. If celtic hadn't adopted these tactics in Paris god knows what the score would have been.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 5, 2017 9:10 AM GMT
Think its impossible to legislate against what some see as spoiling tactics

Given there is a top six and a gap to the rest you can't expect the other 12 teams to go toe to toe they simply aren't good enough
Report stickyvicky December 5, 2017 10:39 AM GMT
Didn't Scotland split the First division in to half midway through a season,
the cream all played each other again in a mini league at the top half and the dross played each other again to decide who would be relegated.
Don't know if this is the case now as I don,'t follow scottish football that closely.
But that could be considered in the Premier League.
Too many average teams turning up at the big grounds not to play but just to survive 90 mins,  spoiling the game for everyone.
Report trilby22 December 5, 2017 11:31 AM GMT
Top league do that SV.  Twelve teams play each other three times then top six top & bottom once, making 33 + 5 games.  Luck of the draw, supposedly, if your odd game is home or away.
Report sparrow December 5, 2017 11:50 AM GMT
So what people are saying is that it is unfair that clubs with hundreds of millions of pounds of talent have to face teams who try to stop them winning by concentrating on defensive tactics.
Report stickyvicky December 5, 2017 11:52 AM GMT
@trilby Oh right, and does that format increase the tension in games at the end of the season for teams being relagated or at the other end pushing for european places.?
I presume dead rubber games at the end of the season minimised too.
Report stickyvicky December 5, 2017 11:58 AM GMT
No sparrow, is it just me thats getting a pain watching teams everyweek lately with 9 defenders in their own box boring everyone to death while they hope to come away with an undeserved point.?
Report TheBetterBettor December 5, 2017 11:59 AM GMT
Penalise the team with the smaller percentage stat by subbing their goalie for a female keeper

It would also make the game more inclusive
Report mcfc1981 December 5, 2017 2:48 PM GMT
have 0 points for a 0-0
Report trilby22 December 5, 2017 2:48 PM GMT
It typically makes for an exciting end of season in the relegation zone, SV where 2,3 or 4 teams can be fighting for their survival.  One also regularly finds a team finishing 7th has more points than a team finishing 6th.  No bonuses for that!
Report trilby22 December 5, 2017 2:49 PM GMT
How about 2 points for a score draw, mcfc?
Report Injera December 5, 2017 3:49 PM GMT
stickyvicky

Millions of viewers and thousands of paying fans were expecting 2 of the biggest teams in England to put on a footballing spectacle ( in the Best League in the world so we are reminded every week on Sky).

- this is priceless! Are you on the wind up? In football more than in any other sport neither entertainment nor the result can ever be guaranteed. (Can't believe I've had to explain that).
Report stickyvicky December 5, 2017 6:04 PM GMT
^^ I was referring to 'On the Buses' star himself Jose 'Blakey' Mourinho. He never comes out to play against Liverpool at Anfield.
It's been two 0-0's in a row so far in the league.
Report anxious December 5, 2017 6:27 PM GMT
Thought we would get to the point of the thread , its another scouse obssesion with Jose , whatever you do dont SLIP Laugh
Report stickyvicky December 5, 2017 6:44 PM GMT
United only a small part of the problem being tackled in this thread this time Anx Grin
Report rommel December 5, 2017 6:47 PM GMT

Dec 5, 2017 -- 12:27PM, anxious wrote:

Thought we would get to the point of the thread , its another scouse obssesion with Jose , whatever you do dont SLIP

anx have you ever thought of being a ventriloquists dummy

Report themover December 5, 2017 6:54 PM GMT
LaughShocked
Report Coachbuster December 5, 2017 6:54 PM GMT
0-0s have been around as long as the game itself .

when they brought in a 3 points for a win it was designed to do away with 0-0s

that new season saw Ipswich kick off vs Sunderland in the very first game and it ended 3-3 Laugh - i remember Bobby Robson at the time wasn't the happiest of bunnies
Report penzance December 5, 2017 8:29 PM GMT
what if a team parks the bus for 90 mins
and scores a breakaway winner.
Take their 3pts away?
Report stickyvicky December 5, 2017 8:34 PM GMT
Nope, have that covered in the heading
( in cases where the bus parkers win a game then fair enough 3 points )Happy
Report stickyvicky December 5, 2017 9:10 PM GMT
2 points for a score draw is a good shout from trilby22.

It would concentrate the minds of coaches to be more positive and attack minded in games and team selection.

when they brought in a 3 points for a win it was designed to do away with 0-0s

I think the late Jimmy Hill floated that idea at the time.
It has worked very well but now there is so much money to be lost by being relegated from the EPL that lower teams are now still settling for a draw, any draw and one point.
There was a time when 40 points was the mantra every season ( to stay up ) but that has come down lately,
35pts would have kept you up last season
39 pts kept you up in 2015/16
38 pts kept you up in 2014/15
36 pts kept yuo up in 2013/14

The 'A Draw is a Win' saying for some teams is here to stay for the time being, in the current league format anyway.Sad
Report lurka December 6, 2017 9:22 AM GMT
Why not have eg 10 points for a win, then you could have lower points for lesser results. 3,1 and 0 are too close together and 1/3 of the points of a win for parking the bus is too much of a reward/incentive. If you had eg 10 for a win and 2 for a 0-0 for example, that would make a difference. But a salary cap like in US Sports would be better. The reason teams park the bus is because they can't compete playing any other way.
Report mcfc1981 December 6, 2017 12:29 PM GMT

Dec 5, 2017 -- 8:49AM, trilby22 wrote:

How about 2 points for a score draw, mcfc?

would prefer zero points for a 0-0 ...that could force Mourinho into retirement.

Report peter the butcher December 6, 2017 2:22 PM GMT

Dec 6, 2017 -- 6:29AM, mcfc1981 wrote:

Dec  5, 2017 --  2:49PM, trilby22 wrote:How about 2 points for a score draw, mcfc?would prefer zero points for a 0-0 ...that could force Mourinho into retirement.

Under Mourinho, United have played 88 games of which 7 were 0-0- two trophies won

Under Pep, City have played 79 games of which 4 were 0-0. Zero trophies won

City have played less games because they haven't won any trophies under Pep despite being the best team the Premier League has ever seen, nay the world has ever seen.

City going very well atm but Pep hasn't had his meltdown yet....

As you were

Report themover December 6, 2017 2:27 PM GMT
good to see United fans have renamed the League and Europa League Cup's from the Mickey Mouse Cups to now being called "two trophies" Laugh
Report themover December 6, 2017 2:29 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/
watch?v=xBXX61GrdCo
Report peter the butcher December 6, 2017 2:37 PM GMT
Afternoon mover. Nice to see both City fans on here now Grin
Report themover December 6, 2017 2:46 PM GMT
Cool
Report peter the butcher December 6, 2017 2:47 PM GMT
If you only count league titles and European Cups then City might as well not exist. How many have they won? Four titles and zero Euro Cups?

I wouldn't be dissing any trophies if I were you.

Proudly show us the Third Division Play Off Trophy you won mate
Report themover December 6, 2017 2:55 PM GMT
I'm happy with all of ours, it was United fans dissing the League Cup and Europa as I recall when Liverpool won them. Personally I like the Europa League and wish English clubs would take it as serious as some of the other countries do.
Report themover December 6, 2017 2:56 PM GMT
I'm not sure United would have done if they thought they could get 4th place last season though Sad
Report peter the butcher December 6, 2017 3:04 PM GMT
I'm not dissing them and not ignoring them in terms of Club Honours. Especially as the Europa was the missing link and gives United a full house.

However we've always said that in terms of preference our targets would be League title, Champions League and then FA Cup.

That doesn't mean we can't take the p1ss out of Liverpool who have only won one League Cup in over ten years or that City haven't won anything under Pep.
Report themover December 6, 2017 3:05 PM GMT
LaughBlush
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 6, 2017 4:13 PM GMT
Teams are entitled to park the bus or defend all game in fact any thing they want to do to get a point or keep the one they are given for getting the bus there

And yes fans of teams who do this don't like it that's why managers of such teams get sacked eventually

Its boring for some but pragmatic for others
Report stickyvicky December 6, 2017 5:30 PM GMT
Thats why I'm saying remove the one point reward / incentive for this negative play and it would stop fairly rapidly.
Report rommel December 6, 2017 6:20 PM GMT

Dec 6, 2017 -- 9:04AM, peter the butcher wrote:

I'm not dissing them and not ignoring them in terms of Club Honours. Especially as the Europa was the missing link and gives United a full house.However we've always said that in terms of preference our targets would be League title, Champions League and then FA Cup. That doesn't mean we can't take the p1ss out of Liverpool who have only won one League Cup in over ten years or that City haven't won anything under Pep.

what fckn muck you bluffer,you never won the eufa cup,still havent-the europa league is a pale imitation of the eufa and you know it

Report peter the butcher December 6, 2017 7:11 PM GMT
UEFA website

UEFA Europa League winners Manchester United have joined Ajax, Bayern München, Chelsea and Juventus in an elite band of teams to have lifted all three major club trophies

United, Juventus and Munich have also won the World Club Champions trophy as well (United twice)

Cheer up rommel.
Report peter the butcher December 6, 2017 7:15 PM GMT
The old European Cups are a pale imitation of the Champions League now. Does that mean Liverpool have only won one rommel?
Report rommel December 6, 2017 7:26 PM GMT
pete dont agree that the old european cup was a much weaker comp,just opinion,weve all got one
Report rommel December 6, 2017 7:27 PM GMT
still think the europa is cack compared to the eufa
Report rommel December 6, 2017 7:28 PM GMT
anyway you should be at OT HELPING JOSE DIG THE TRENCHES
Report anxious December 6, 2017 7:32 PM GMT
More nonsense
Report rommel December 6, 2017 7:36 PM GMT
the europa is a much weaker comp than the eufa cup,what trouble do you have with that?
Report anxious December 6, 2017 7:44 PM GMT
Really when the third placed team drops from CL after Christmas ?
Report rommel December 6, 2017 7:49 PM GMT
....never moindddddd
Report TheBetterBettor December 6, 2017 8:44 PM GMT
Man Utd are the only english club to win the full set of trophies......

Domestic
League

First Division/Premier League[nb 3]
Winners (20): 1907–08, 1910–11, 1951–52, 1955–56, 1956–57, 1964–65, 1966–67, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2012–13 (record)

Cups

FA Cup
Winners (12): 1908–09, 1947–48, 1962–63, 1976–77, 1982–83, 1984–85, 1989–90, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1998–99, 2003–04, 2015–16
Football League Cup

Winners (5): 1991–92, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2016–17
FA Charity/Community Shield

Winners (21): 1908, 1911, 1952, 1956, 1957, 1965*, 1967*, 1977*, 1983, 1990*, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016 (* shared) (record)

European

European Cup/UEFA Champions League

Winners (3): 1967–68, 1998–99, 2007–08
European Cup Winners' Cup
Winners (1): 1990–91
UEFA Europa League
Winners (1): 2016–17
European Super Cup
Winners (1): 1991
Worldwide
Intercontinental Cup
Winners (1): 1999

FIFA Club World Cup
Winners (1): 2008

THE FULL SET......... THE FULL MONTY

Keep dreaming rommel you might win the Fifa Club World Cup one day
Report rommel December 6, 2017 8:56 PM GMT
TheBetterBettor • December 6, 2017 8:44 PM GMT
The contents of this post have been hidden for this blocked user. [Manage blocked users]
Report rommel December 6, 2017 8:57 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedSurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprisedCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry
Report rommel December 6, 2017 9:28 PM GMT

Dec 6, 2017 -- 1:11PM, peter the butcher wrote:

UEFA websiteUEFA Europa League winners Manchester United have joined Ajax, Bayern München, Chelsea and Juventus in an elite band of teams to have lifted all three major club trophiesUnited, Juventus and Munich have also won the World Club Champions trophy as well (United twice)Cheer up rommel.

pete the world club thing is a bit muck,wasnt it the interplanetary fckn cup when you won it one year,you had a fckn star trek badge on yer shirt the next year

Report TheBetterBettor December 6, 2017 9:35 PM GMT
funny its muck but your messi's, ronaldo's never got rested in that tournament and all want to play & be crowned world champs
Report rommel December 6, 2017 10:19 PM GMT
interuniverse cup last word,its so prestigiuos utd had to be fckn leaned on take part in it,end ov,finito
Report LoyalHoncho December 7, 2017 3:03 AM GMT
The only thing that is new about "parking the bus" is the phrase itself.
Report stickyvicky December 7, 2017 10:05 AM GMT
Anti-football...... Feck me it all started in Scotland ..lol Shocked Laugh

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-football
Report stickyvicky December 7, 2017 10:08 AM GMT
Laugh
Only saw this now...on the wiki link it says......

'Jose Mourinho is a notable example in modern football'
Report themover December 7, 2017 11:19 AM GMT
Stat just been on Sky Sports -  United players have run the fewest miles of any club in the Premier League..993 miles.
Report parispike December 7, 2017 5:30 PM GMT
Parking the bus is a symptom of the problem not the problem itself. The Premier League has become so unequal in terms of financial resources that it's unrealistic to expect, in a low scoring sport, any other response from the poorer resourced team.

It's why the PL has become, in general, so tepid and unwatchable.

Time for the USA model.
Report themover December 7, 2017 5:33 PM GMT
United are a poorer resourced team? :o
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now