Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Dragon
07 Nov 17 21:01
| Topic/replies: 10,476 | Blogger: The Dragon's blog
with roy in charge they are doomed doomed i say doomed
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View PALACE WILL BE RELEGATED
Show More
Report GLASGOWCALLING January 2, 2018 10:13 PM GMT
well done slippy, cant say i was that surprised as SAINTS are in freefall atm, the only saving grace is a few decent deals

with the vvd transfer fee, talk of dembele, sturridge, walcot, any of which can only help keep us up.
Report SlippyBlue January 2, 2018 10:30 PM GMT
Altogether now.."And I'm feeling glad all over, so glad you're mine". Grin

I think Southampton will be OK GLASGOW, Swansea have to be gonners and West Brom are the obvious choice to follow them so that leaves several sides facing one place for the chop. A huge win for West Ham tonight and I can't realistically see them going down. Brighton or Stoke are bang in the firing line I would have thought as things stand but lots of drama to come of course and it's a very, for want of a better word, enthralling relegation dogfight and far more exciting and compelling than what is happening at the top of the table !

The Dragon, Palace out to 8.0 now and we are at home to Burnley next and I'll suggest we will pick up another win which, God willing, is going to start making us hugely unlikely to be involved in a late season dog fight and you have to doff your cap to Roy Hodgson for the amazing job he has done at Selhurst Park. Anyhoo, 3 points tonight and I backed them as I hope you did as well so double celebrations Laugh

COYP Happy
Report haywarj January 3, 2018 1:26 AM GMT
Roy is one great manager he knows the game . It's a pity Liverpool did  not give him a chance, The players were not playing for him ,they wanted king Kenny in and we know happened after.
Report The Dragon January 3, 2018 11:16 AM GMT
yes SB i backed them at 3/1 so your bollinger is duly covered!!!

Cant agree Roy is a great manger abject failure at the Highest level with both Liverpool and England with whom he was dire.

Fair play he has done well at place and i wish him well he is a very decent bloke.

i think wba and swans are in big trouble with last spot still wide open
Report dlarssonf January 3, 2018 11:21 AM GMT
Every manager has been dire at England because they don't have any footballers.  I would give up calling any manager poor after starting a thread like this and giving it the big I am
Report The Dragon January 3, 2018 11:32 AM GMT
what you on about dlarssonf big i am ffs just posted what i thought at the time and as i said he has done well at palace so far flaty to him!!!
Report dlarssonf January 3, 2018 11:35 AM GMT
The Dragon    08 Nov 17 22:26 
wake up and smell the coffee guys 4 goals all season 22 against not a great deal odf optoimism there and now you have roy... trust me i as a liverpool fan know what thats like. trust me your doomed!!

just one of your numerous posts on the first page - trust you like you are some kind of Genius ffs - even the legendary John O'Dywer wasn't this badLaughLaugh
Report The Dragon January 3, 2018 11:55 AM GMT
well lets hope no one followed me in then ..... having said that its never over until the fat lady sings and there is still a lot of football to be played
Report dlarssonf January 3, 2018 11:58 AM GMT
That is very true!!!
Report The Dragon January 12, 2018 7:32 PM GMT
seeem overpriced v burnley tomorrow even money looking like a decent lay bet
Report SlippyBlue January 13, 2018 10:52 AM GMT
Good morning The Dragon, I really fancy us to beat Burnley today and have had a decent punt at the odds against. 3 points today and that will put us in a very strong position for the rest of the season and safety beckons.COYP Happy
Report SlippyBlue January 13, 2018 4:00 PM GMT
1-0 up at half time, we could have easily have had another goal and Palace are by far the better side. I just hope and pray we can bag the 3 points.
Report The Dragon January 13, 2018 5:27 PM GMT
vwd sb looking pretty damn good now for you
Report SlippyBlue January 13, 2018 6:08 PM GMT
Thank you The Dragon Happy, yes we seem to be sitting pretty right now and I did have a nice punt on our lads today, so happy days. That was a huge win for West Brom against Brighton and gives them at least a glimmer of hope. I can't say the same about Brighton who have got two very tough games coming up against Chelsea and Southampton and they must be bang in the dogfight and I've backed them to go down.
Huge kudos must go to Roy Hodgson for turning the club around and you'd have to say that the squad is buoyant with confidence and we are pretty much safe I would have thought now.
Report The Dragon January 20, 2018 3:15 PM GMT
3-0 down in 18 mins!!!!
Report The Dragon January 20, 2018 3:25 PM GMT
4-0
Report SlippyBlue January 20, 2018 3:32 PM GMT
I backed the draw, Laugh Cry Cry
Bloody hell, complete and utter carnage in the first half hour.
Report The Dragon January 20, 2018 3:33 PM GMT
who needs sanchez
Report The Dragon January 30, 2018 10:17 PM GMT
still all pretty close at the bottom with another swansea win palace would have probably taken the draw pre match  could go to the wire on who goes down
Report Capt__F January 30, 2018 10:52 PM GMT
9th to bottom 8 points

any 3 0f 12 down

Palace ok they have Zaha and Christen
Report SlippyBlue January 30, 2018 10:57 PM GMT
12.5 to back for Palace to go down, I wouldn't touch that price with stolen personally T.D. , not a chance in hell now will we go down.
Next up, Newcastle at home, three points there for us then Everton away, I'd be very surprised if we don't get at least a draw. So call that 4 points (if not 6) and that is truly Palace well and truly safe by some distance. I'd be very worried if I was a Brighton supporter right now, they are right in the mix after that Swansea win tonight.
Report The Dragon January 31, 2018 7:19 PM GMT
3pts off a relegation spot is how i look at it
Report holmesdale1 February 5, 2018 8:04 PM GMT
When a team only loses a couple of games out of their last 14 and they are only three points out of the relegation zone it makes the current price of 9.4 look quite attractive.
Their inability to win games is more likely to send them down than their ability not to lose is to keep them up.
Report The Dragon February 10, 2018 4:27 PM GMT
losing 2-0 at everton
Report The Dragon February 10, 2018 4:39 PM GMT
3-0 down
Report The Dragon February 10, 2018 5:12 PM GMT
finished 3-1 2pts from relegation place now
Report SlippyBlue February 10, 2018 6:33 PM GMT
What a disatrous afternoon, I'm starting to have an anxiety attack. It's never an easy ride being a Palace fan!
Report The Dragon February 10, 2018 6:39 PM GMT
hi SB yes back in the melting pot for sure and i think you got a hard month in March with games against the top 4 coming up
Report SlippyBlue February 10, 2018 6:55 PM GMT
Yes indeed T.D. We have tough games coming up and we are up against Spurs next and I don't see much joy there for us. We are back in the crucible most definitely Sad
Report The Dragon February 10, 2018 7:12 PM GMT
conceding too many goals SB 9 in last 4 games is notgood
Report The Dragon February 10, 2018 10:10 PM GMT
Crystal Palace are being touted for relegation by punters, following the news that talisman Wilfried Zaha is set to miss up to six weeks of action.

The influential Ivorian was grounded with a knee injury during Palace’s 1-1 draw with Newcastle at the weekend, and punters think it’ll seriously harm their chances of staying up.

The Eagles are currently perched just above the drop zone, with only three points separating them from the bottom three.

At the end of January, Palace were a 16/1 long shot to be relegated from the Premier League. Fast forward one week and Hodgson’s men are now 8/1.

That implies the London side are more than twice as likely to be relegated according to bookies than they were a week ago.

37% of all bets through Oddschecker on this market have been placed on the Eagles dropping to the Championship.

In their next six games, Hodgson and co. face Tottenham, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool, with away trips to Everton and Huddersfield.

Oddschecker spokesperson George Elek: “Selhurst Park is not currently a rosy place, with Palace sitting precariously above the drop zone.

“With just three points separating them from the relegation spots and now star man Zaha being out for over a month, It’s easy to see why bookies and punters are pessimistic about their chances."
Report BARNEY15C February 10, 2018 11:48 PM GMT
has woy ever been relegated?
Report The Dragon February 11, 2018 10:09 AM GMT
not sure barney but i cannot recollect it happenning had  a few clubs though!!! might have relegated Liverpool if he had stayed much longer!!!!!!LOL
Report The Dragon February 25, 2018 6:59 PM GMT
another defeat definatley in the mix now
Report SlippyBlue February 25, 2018 7:15 PM GMT
Man Utd (H) then Chelsea (A) up for us next T.D. It's fair to say we are bang in the scrap now mate.
Report The Dragon February 25, 2018 8:07 PM GMT
bollinger on hold m8!!!!
Report Cork Langer February 25, 2018 8:43 PM GMT
Present position a repeat from the start of the campaign, today, United, Chelsea & Pool are games where anything gained would be a bonus, the obvious difference this time being the ever increasing injury list we have accrued.
Confidence is still high that we will survive, even though it looks highly likely now that we will be in the relegation places come mid March.
Report dregsy1 March 2, 2018 11:08 AM GMT
We will survive.
Baggies Swans and Brighton/Huddersfield will drop.
Report The Dragon March 2, 2018 4:53 PM GMT
anything can happen in the next ....... games going to be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report super spurs March 2, 2018 5:00 PM GMT
i think WEST BROM,SOUTHAMPTON AND HUDDERSFIELD WILL GO DOWN.
Report The Dragon March 2, 2018 5:07 PM GMT
roy wil steer palace to a comfortable relegation
Report The Dragon March 2, 2018 5:08 PM GMT
he is not up to pave to manage in the prem these days . great and wonderful man but has had his day im afriad
Report SlippyBlue March 2, 2018 5:20 PM GMT
To all intents and purposes West Brom are doomed, Stoke must be favourites to go as well after W.B.A. and then it's 1 from 6 sides to join them. Our game away to Huddersfield on 17/03 is absolutely huge and Palace have to be thinking it's an absolute must win game. Mind you, Huddersfield will be thinking exactly the same!It's all a bit tense at the bottom, much more exciting than at the top of the table and you just never know, it's not beyond the realms of possibilities we can get something at home to Man Utd on Monday night, stranger things have happened at sea Laugh
Report The Dragon March 2, 2018 5:29 PM GMT
optimistic v man uts but im having a punt on 0-0 on that one SB!!
Report The Dragon March 2, 2018 5:30 PM GMT
0-0 is just over 10/1 on here
Report super spurs March 2, 2018 5:32 PM GMT
think LAMBERT will get stoke out of it.but I'm looking forward to the next 10 games for each clubs.LOTS OF UPS AND DOWNS.
Report SlippyBlue March 4, 2018 4:13 PM GMT
Two results went against us this weekend, Swansea thrashing West Ham and Brighton (who must surely be safe now I would have thought) getting three points against Arsenal. Palace in the drop zone now T.D. Cry
Report super spurs March 4, 2018 4:19 PM GMT
slippyblue=palace will be ok.SOUTHAMPTON AND WEST HAM ARE IN TROUBLE.
Report The Dragon March 4, 2018 4:39 PM GMT
yes sb with manure and chelski to come still all to play for m8
Report The Dragon March 11, 2018 1:25 PM GMT
bck in bottom 3 and nex games are v hiddertsfield a and liverppol h
Report The Dragon March 11, 2018 1:26 PM GMT
wba gone so its 2 from a bunch
Report SlippyBlue March 17, 2018 5:34 PM GMT
Well good afternoon T.D. Happy Todays game against Huddersfield was always going to a huge match for Palace and we really had to win today to steady the ship and thankfully we took the 3 points back to Selhurst which is an absolutely huge relief. West Brom and Stoke both getting beat made it the perfect afternoon for us, they both look gone to me and personally I'd like West Ham to join them but as long as we are safe that's all that matters. Realistically now I think I can rest easy as our run in looks to be one with quite a few points heading our way I would have thought.

Liverpool (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Brighton (H)
Watford (A)
Leicester (H)
Stoke (A)
West Brom (H)

Looking at that list we should get more than enough points to be comfortable safe, happy days Happy
Report The Dragon March 17, 2018 8:47 PM GMT
delued
Report SlippyBlue March 17, 2018 8:52 PM GMT
Laugh We'll see!
Report The Dragon March 17, 2018 8:57 PM GMT
going down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report The Dragon March 17, 2018 8:58 PM GMT
ficking roy u are going down
Report asparagus March 18, 2018 2:46 PM GMT
Big win for Palace yesterday. Pretty sure to stay up now. Roy has done an excellent job considering where Palace were when he took over and the amount of injuries they've had in the last couple of months.
Report Platini March 18, 2018 3:09 PM GMT
Like I said last week, Palace will be fine. Roy doesn't do relegation. 3rd bottom is still anybody's. Would be hilarious if it was Soton.
Report mafeking March 18, 2018 3:25 PM GMT
think saints in desperate trouble. certainly the favourites for me to follow stoke and west brom down. horrific run in and 2 midweek games to fit in now
Report Platini March 18, 2018 3:41 PM GMT
and hiring Hughes as manager might put the tin lid on the coffin Laugh
Report SlippyBlue March 18, 2018 4:04 PM GMT
A huge match for Soton away to West Ham (huge for both teams obviously) on 30/03 and then they have to go to Arsenal after that so they are likely candidates if the strike out in both those games.
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 18, 2018 4:54 PM GMT
mafeking and platini will back soon to explain this turnaround in form for the MIGHTY SOUTHAMPTTON. !
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 18, 2018 5:00 PM GMT
SLIPPY, should SOUTHAMPTON even being going to the ground, i thought the fa would have acted quicker !!  what SECURITY ? allows

a " fan " onto the centre of the pitch with a corner flag in his hand. ?  Sad
Report The Dragon March 18, 2018 7:10 PM GMT
still going down roy is a mesengrer of doomm
i know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 18, 2018 7:43 PM GMT
..not sure who is going down, but iam more confident
Now it's not Southampton.!
Report stu March 19, 2018 8:39 PM GMT
why? They have added distraction from the cup now, and are still poor.
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 19, 2018 10:33 PM GMT
you may well be right stu, 6 pointer coming up against west ham is massive, yes the premier league survival is paramount but

neither i or many other saints fans ( or the manager ) would call it a distraction.  poor maybe but that was a 100% improvement

than the previous week, 3 teams worse than us hopefully. Happy
Report stu March 20, 2018 12:32 PM GMT
Fair enough, but I could never see cup games as anything but unneeded in Saint's position - it's happened for other sides, cup runs and relegation - Pompey spring to mind as one from the top flight in the year they did well in the cup.
Report Barry Conway March 20, 2018 12:50 PM GMT
Coincidentally, Palace reached the semis of both cups in 94/95 and went down in the last relegation spot!
Report mafeking March 20, 2018 3:01 PM GMT
look at what they've got left. 3 of the top 6, best of the rest leicester among their 5 away games and only 1 home banker bournemouth

hard to be very bullish about them getting the 3 wins they probably need out of that lot
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 20, 2018 3:16 PM GMT
TRUE mafeking, but before the weekend you wouldnt bet on us winning one game, the high st books have us at fourth best to go

down, i just hope they are right. Happy
Report Aspro March 20, 2018 3:36 PM GMT
Beat West Ham and you'll be fine
Report mafeking March 20, 2018 3:40 PM GMT
on the other hand lose and who the hell can they realistically catch ? palace are probably out of it with their soft looking run in that leaves swansea, huddersfield and newcastle all who have shown more signs of life than southampton recently

saints just haven't got any goals in them at the moment without charlie austin
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 20, 2018 3:42 PM GMT
SHEARER KNOWS  Happy

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/19/alan-shearer-predicts-southampons-fate-...
Report The Dragon March 31, 2018 3:34 PM BST
bollinger looks like cioming my way SB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report SlippyBlue March 31, 2018 6:12 PM BST
Bloody hell T.D. did you watch the match? Even the most hardened of Liverpool supporters could not have begrudged us a point out of that game.

I'm still confident we will be OK mate, in our last 6 games if we play like we did today we'll get more than enough points to be safe I would have thought.
Report The Dragon April 1, 2018 12:32 PM BST
your probably right SB they have the easiest run in on paper with none of the big guns to play
Report LoyalHoncho April 1, 2018 3:40 PM BST
I have no reason to like Roy Hodgson but I do. What he has forgotten about football and management isn't worth knowing but when highly "over"paid players like Benteke continually let him down he must be sickened to the stomach.  But the real reason Palace will go down is of course their defence and Sakho is that real reason.  He is awful and the fundamentals he gets wrong have got Palace in trouble - and that isn't going to change between now and May.  Too late to do anything about it now so he has to hope Benteke starts bagging goals.
Report Cork Langer April 1, 2018 10:20 PM BST
LoyalHoncho, was going to post a reply but I presume the above was your attempt at an April Fool's joke.
Report eaglewardy April 2, 2018 10:10 AM BST
We can't keep relying on other teams getting beat.Whilst the remaining fixtures look good on paper, with Palace that doesn't mean anything.Every point needs to be scrapped for and I have lost count how many goals we have let in towards the end of games where we should be getting at least a point.Whilst WBA look doomed a few teams around us have a game in hand.This will go right to the wire.
Report LoyalHoncho April 2, 2018 1:52 PM BST
Not with you Cork.  Sakho is awful.  How many of the top eight sides have Palace led this season, then got beat?  There;s a reason for that - and it isn't bad luck.
Report The Dragon April 2, 2018 2:00 PM BST
the run in does look good and stoke and soton are in free fal the combination of boyth might save them
Report mafeking April 2, 2018 2:12 PM BST
hard to see either stoke or saints getting more than around 35 points. those above probably won't have to much
Report Cork Langer April 2, 2018 3:14 PM BST
LoyalHoncho, Sakho has made only 13 appearances in 32 PL games so far this season, P13 W3 D5 L5, of those five defeats, four were away, at Manchester City, Manchester United, Newcastle and Tottenham respectively, in both the Newc and Spurs games we deserved a point but lost to a single goal in each.
Saturday's defeat at home to Pool is the only game that fits your criteria of leading and losing, somewhat harsh therefore to make Sakho  a scapegoat.
Next time you post perhaps you could check the "facts" first, whilst I respect your right to voice your opinion that you do not rate Sakho, it is unjust and unfair to blame him when he isn't even in the team....!
Report The Dragon April 2, 2018 3:40 PM BST
he had a mare aginst liverpool but i quite rated hin when at liverpool . i think hes a pretty solid player tbf
Report LoyalHoncho April 3, 2018 10:28 AM BST
Was he out because he was injured Cork or not rated good enough?  Serious question?  As far as I'm concerned he doesn't concentrate, he doesn't apply himself fully and he makes funadamental errors such as allowing forwards to get goal side of him.  That's poor stuff.  If he was as good as you suggest Liverpool would still have him.
Report Cork Langer April 3, 2018 10:50 AM BST
LoyalHoncho, he was indeed injured, like the rest of our squad, have you seen the number of different combinations we have had to use across the back four so far?
I have merely provided the facts and figures, I have not suggested anything about Sakho personally as we haven't seen enough of him in a run of games to come to any decision.
As for Pool keeping him, that was never going to happen given the clash of personality with the management, so it is a pointless comment to put forward as a defence of your opinion.
Report LoyalHoncho April 4, 2018 9:16 AM BST
I respect your views Cork.  Personally I don't rate the guy highly and I don't feel personalities had anything to do with his departure from Liverpool.  I think he was told he wasn't good enough and would have to improve to get a place in the team.  Things are often as simple as that.
Report The Dragon April 12, 2018 9:24 AM BST
massive game v Brighton this weekend if they win and Soton lose they will be in a very comfortable postion. soton at home tio chelsea so no easy game for them
Report SlippyBlue April 14, 2018 6:40 PM BST
Crystal Palace 3 - Brighton 2

Well thankfully T.D. we finally got a win that was richly deserved albeit a long time coming and honestly I think the question of us staying up is a complete no brainer now, we are safe. Southampton losing has got them bang in trouble I would thought. Huge kudos must go to Roy and hopefully he can strengthen the squad for next year and we won't go through endure all the grief that we have had all season!

COYP Happy
Report Solano1 April 14, 2018 7:44 PM BST
Aye, Roy has done extremely well.
Report The Dragon April 15, 2018 11:01 AM BST
looking good now SB but still not over the line . massive result for you yesterday particuarly given soton threw a 2 goal lead away
Run in looks pretty comfortable to
Bollinger getting warmed up LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Report GLASGOWCALLING April 15, 2018 11:28 AM BST
saints played well again but no excuses for throwing away a 2 goal lead, we are still hanging on though, a win at leicester

would put us right back in it, especially if man city beat huddersfield.  slippy looking fav for the  " bubbles ".  Happy
Report mafeking April 15, 2018 1:30 PM BST
huddersfield still got their joker to play - everton at home. saints need a miracle from here
Report SlippyBlue April 15, 2018 2:00 PM BST
Southampton - 28 points
-----------------------------
Leicester (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Everton (A)
Swansea (A)
Man City (H)

Swansea - 33 points
-----------------------------
Man City (A)
Chelsea (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Southampton (H)
Stoke (H)

Huddersfield - 35 points

------------------------------
Everton (H)
Man City (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)

To me anyway, Southampton have got a mountain to climb to stay up looking at the remaining fixtures.
Report eaglewardy April 19, 2018 4:19 PM BST
Slippy...You really should know that on the roller coaster called Crystal Palace nothing is certain...seem to remember being at Selhurst many years ago and prematurely thinking we had done enough,I think even the players walked around thanking the fans...still went down...have to admit it would take 4 shocking results from our side and others to pick up unexpected wins,but never say never.....COYP
Report eaglewardy April 19, 2018 4:21 PM BST
Also,a big day today for another reason...I think Croydon Council vote on the planning application tonight...Would be great to finish in the prem and get the ok for the new expansion within the next month....COYP
Report holmesdale1 April 19, 2018 4:53 PM BST
One word that should send shivers down the spine of all Palace fans.

Oldham.
Report eaglewardy April 19, 2018 5:05 PM BST
Went to over 30 games that year...still picture them walking around Selhurst after the last home game against Ipswich..I am convinced they thought it was already 'job done'...Think Oldhma won their last 3 that year...
Report eaglewardy April 19, 2018 5:11 PM BST
Thought Chris Armstrong was superb that year...well in fact thought he was great in all 3 seasons for us..Went to Spurs and they ruined him...lol..
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now