Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
12 Oct 17 18:20
| Topic/replies: 42,727 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0yG0r5lJYY

Funny video of Falcao talking to all the Peruvian players to tell them what the score was in the other games and suggesting they should all be happy with a draw

Falcao covers his mouth with his hand so he can't be lip read but then talks about it after anyway Crazy

Falcao said after the game: "We knew what was happening in the other matches, we were playing with (the knowledge of) the other results and in that moment (I tried) to transmit that (to Peru)."

Tapia also admitted in an interview on Wednesday that he had discussed the result of the game with Falcao but denied that any deal had been brokered on the pitch.

"In the last five minutes, the Colombians approached us. They knew what the situation was in the other games," Tapia told Panamericana TV.

"So we managed the game as we needed to... I spoke with Radamel, who told me we were both qualified (as things stood), but it's football and we play to win."
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Peru v Colombia draw 'was fixed'
Show More
Report tobermory October 12, 2017 6:22 PM BST
'I spoke with Radamel, who told me we were both qualified (as things stood)'

Falcao don't rate New Zealand then
Report JC1326 October 12, 2017 6:30 PM BST
I'd say that New Zealand are worse than the Scots and Welsh, but New Zealand at least managed to get in to the play offs
Report mafeking October 12, 2017 6:33 PM BST
even scotland might have half a chance against the mighty soloman islands Cool
Report JC1326 October 12, 2017 8:09 PM BST
half a chance is being a bit optimistic?
Report CLYDEBANK29 October 12, 2017 8:56 PM BST
Peru scored from an indirect free kick.  David Ospina got a hand to it LaughCry

Also worth noting that Chile objected about a Bolivia player.  They had their result upgraded from 0-0 to 3-0.  Only thing is Bolivia used the same player against Peru.  Peru had lost 2-0 but were awarded a 3-0 win.  Had Chile kept their mouth shut they'd be in the play offs and Peru would be eliminated. Laugh
Report lurka October 12, 2017 8:57 PM BST
if it were fixed Falcao wouldn't have been talking to them at all
Report betting_masta October 12, 2017 9:08 PM BST
i doubt very much it was "fixed" in the case of both teams pre-match had an agreement but there's no doubting what falcao was doing there, imo.
Report tobermory October 12, 2017 9:32 PM BST

Oct 12, 2017 -- 8:56PM, CLYDEBANK29 wrote:

Peru scored from an indirect free kick.  David Ospina got a hand to it Also worth noting that Chile objected about a Bolivia player.  They had their result upgraded from 0-0 to 3-0.  Only thing is Bolivia used the same player against Peru.  Peru had lost 2-0 but were awarded a 3-0 win.  Had Chile kept their mouth shut they'd be in the play offs and Peru would be eliminated.

Laugh

Report TheBaron October 14, 2017 5:49 PM BST
Form for this. 1978 world cup Argentina needed to beat Peru by at least 4-0.  Won 6-0.   Widely regarded as a fix.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now