Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
22 Jun 17 20:59
| Topic/replies: 43,754 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
Seems way over the top to me

Though I did think Sadio Mane was a bad buy for them
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Mohammed Salah to Liverpool for £35M ?
Show More
Report Solano1 June 22, 2017 9:09 PM BST
Spurs signed Moussa Sissoko for £30m.
Report Ibrahima Sonko June 22, 2017 9:18 PM BST
I think Salah is very good, but every player is overpriced.
Report Solano1 June 22, 2017 9:19 PM BST
I think Salad is fun awful and that is overpriced.

Everything is relative - see Moussa Sissoko.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 22, 2017 9:26 PM BST
A geordie thinking salad is awful

whaddaretheodds?
Report Solano1 June 22, 2017 9:48 PM BST
Says Sammy Lee.
Report Dav_vin03 June 22, 2017 9:50 PM BST
chelsea reject
Report Dav_vin03 June 22, 2017 9:51 PM BST
chelsea reject
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 22, 2017 10:03 PM BST
yep.

Keep em coming Chelsea, your record's pretty good with your cast-offs.
Report themover June 22, 2017 10:03 PM BST
so was Kevin De Bruyne Wink
Report scandanavian_haven June 22, 2017 10:18 PM BST
In today's money 35 mil is nothing.

The sort of nothing that if he flops people will forget about it fairly quickly, the revenue Premier League clubs get these days is so huge 35 mil is short change, Liverpool could buy an Andy Carroll for that price and afford to bench him (albeit under different manager)for long periods, unimaginable 20 years ago.

Don't see anything that outstanding about him though, but a Klopp type of player, works very hard, runs very fast, when Klopp came to Liverpool the first question he asked the staff already there was "who is the fittest player here", which was Lallana.
Report Ibrahima Sonko June 22, 2017 10:27 PM BST
Arjen Robben
Report GoBallistic June 22, 2017 10:30 PM BST
Can he play in defence ?
Report miscreant man June 22, 2017 10:35 PM BST
Don't see anything that outstanding about him though, but a Klopp type of player, works very hard, runs very fast, when Klopp came to Liverpool the first question he asked the staff already there was "who is the fittest player here", which was Lallana.

And ever since he spoke Adam's name there have been questions about Daniel ever since Wink
Report n88uk June 22, 2017 10:43 PM BST
The money is nothing really, but I don't get the signing from the point of view of where does he fit in when everybody is fit. They are already absolutely stacked in this position, and buy another player for it?

Also on a side note they're pretty stuffed for future AFCON's with both Salah and Mane involved.
Report dr . atkins June 22, 2017 10:44 PM BST
goes missing to much when on his game he can play
Report scandanavian_haven June 22, 2017 11:03 PM BST
I think Klopp might go for 3 at the back and drop Milner

Clyne - Matip - Lovren

Salah - Countinho - Henderson - Wijnualdum

Mane - Firmino - Lallana
Report Solano1 June 22, 2017 11:05 PM BST
He could play ten at the back, but if Miglolet remains in net.....
Report Angela Rebecchi June 22, 2017 11:17 PM BST
He was superb for Roma this seaosn. Seems a great fit. Market has been bonkers for a while.
Report lurka June 22, 2017 11:19 PM BST
prices go up with the tv money as they have done for 20 years now
Report stickyvicky June 22, 2017 11:24 PM BST
Strange signing considering Salah didn't settle in the Premier League first time round with Chelsea.
Also did they not see as n88uk says the AFCON call ups this season killed Liverpools season stone dead, same happened to City two seasons ago when Yaya headed off in mid season to Africa for 6 weeks, so who's idea was it to continue buying African players.Crazy
Looks like another, but more expensive Jermaine Pennant to me, hopefully I'm wrong.
Report n88uk June 23, 2017 12:21 AM BST

Jun 22, 2017 -- 11:03PM, scandanavian_haven wrote:

I think Klopp might go for 3 at the back and drop MilnerClyne - Matip - LovrenSalah - Countinho - Henderson - WijnualdumMane - Firmino - Lallana

Seems incredibly attacking for anything but home to the worst teams in the league.

I'm assuming Wijnualdum will be nowhere near the first team. It's going to be a funky line up I think whatever. It doesn't seem Liverpool are interested in buying an out and out striker with this signing because where would they fit in, which I'm not sure I agree with. Liverpool can look great when functioning, but a few injuries to key players and the lack of a striker shows.

Report scandanavian_haven June 23, 2017 12:40 AM BST
3 at the back and Wijanuldumm and Salah playing essentially as wing backs, think it could work, worked with Chelsea with Moses and Alonso.
Report somemuppet June 23, 2017 12:54 AM BST
klopp is no fool
Report Blackrock June 23, 2017 11:03 AM BST
Think Klopp is turning into Wenger. Tactically clueless, with attack attack attack policy.

Salah is a decent player imo, sweet left peg, but Liverpool have his type already.
Report n88uk June 23, 2017 11:56 AM BST
It's 3 at the back though with 2 very attacking wing backs compared to Chelsea and a much more attack minded midfield than Chelsea in front who have Kante and Matic in front of that defence.
Report scandanavian_haven June 23, 2017 1:18 PM BST
he would have to make make them more defensive minded, converted wing backs do both, whether they can do them well is another matter.
Report OwnBrain June 23, 2017 3:19 PM BST
Salah has been brilliant for Roma but does miss chances like in the Madrid game
Report Injera June 23, 2017 6:10 PM BST
Mickeys seem to want an abundance of attacking midfielders. How about a striker or two?
Report Dav_vin03 June 24, 2017 12:27 AM BST
the egyptian jermaine pennant
Report Can't Catch Me June 26, 2017 11:53 AM BST
Some odd comments on this thread.

Liverpool managed to field their first choice front 6 only a handful of times last season. Its no longer about the first 11, but the first 16 or so. Extra players of first team quality will allow him to rotate more. We also had very limited options from the bench to change a game

n88, you say we were stacked with this type of player? His biggest asset is his pace, and Mané aside, we have none. He looks an obvious fit to me.

Agree about the ACN though, that is clearly going to cause us a big problem next season.
Report Can't Catch Me June 26, 2017 11:55 AM BST
Mickeys seem to want an abundance of attacking midfielders. How about a striker or two?

This is how Klopp plays. Its about a front 4 or 5 who can all interchange and score goals, and not a traditional striker.. Looking at our scoring record under him, this would be the least of my worries.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 26, 2017 12:29 PM BST
Mané to play more central next season.

33/1 top scorer

Thank me later
Report jed.davison June 26, 2017 12:54 PM BST
Had the self-same argument about Mane last season when they bought him - he would have been on the POTY shortlist if he'd played the whole season.

CCM is right - much as I'm sure Klopp would like to play Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino and Mane as his front four every week, he needs quality additions with the extra proper games his team will have to play next season.
Report Can't Catch Me June 26, 2017 1:14 PM BST
Mané played on the left quite regularly at Southampton PoP. Wouldnt surprise me if he and Salah just keep swapping which side they play on. Not sure either side will unduly bother each player tbh. Wouldnt fancy Mané as much through the middle as him stretching the play out wide is his biggest asset for me.
Report Can't Catch Me June 26, 2017 1:25 PM BST
I also think its telling Salah has been given the number 11 shirt, and Firmino moved to number 9.
Report stickyvicky June 26, 2017 1:33 PM BST
Having great pace is no good when you are playing teams that park the bus and don't come out to play as Klopp has already found out to his cost in the EPL , League Cup and FA Cup.
Salah is no different to Mane, Llanana, Coutinho, Firminho, all who have shown they cannot breakdown stubborn defending against lesser sides.
A hardman striker in the mould of Costa, Suarez is required, not a Nivea cream rubbing on, metrosexual.
Report n88uk June 26, 2017 3:31 PM BST

Jun 26, 2017 -- 12:29PM, PorcupineorPineapple wrote:

Mané to play more central next season.33/1 top scorerThank me later

Problem is Liverpool's goals will be spread regardless of who the official striker is. For top goalscorer you want someone who is going to be the main man for goals, Mane simply won't be that just by the nature Liverpool play.

Report tobermory March 18, 2018 5:08 PM GMT
At least i didn't say he was complete shyte.
Report sparrow March 18, 2018 5:15 PM GMT
Laugh
Report betting_masta March 18, 2018 5:22 PM GMT

Jun 24, 2017 -- 12:27AM, Dav_vin03 wrote:

the egyptian jermaine pennant

there it is guysLaugh

Report pushkin99 March 18, 2018 9:12 PM GMT
there are a few on here who should be really embarrassed about their Salah comments......................
Report Capt__F March 18, 2018 11:32 PM GMT
bar

somemuppet
somemuppet 22 Jun 17 23:54 Joined: 18 Mar 14 | Topic/replies: 1,480 | Blogger: somemuppet's blog
klopp is no fool

Klopp Genius Liverpool lucky to  have him
Report pushkin99 March 18, 2018 11:38 PM GMT
In Klopp we trust.
Report duffy March 18, 2018 11:40 PM GMT
Salah and De Bruyne, that's some double Jose!!
Report craigie69 March 19, 2018 10:46 AM GMT
can lukaku be added to Jose errors certainly put the goals in for wba and everton
Report JC1326 March 19, 2018 11:11 AM GMT

Mar 19, 2018 -- 12:40AM, duffy wrote:

Salah and De Bruyne, that's some double Jose!!

Doesn't work like that. Some players need time to develop. Going to Wolfsburg and Roma may have been the making of these two, both less profile sides than Chelsea. You could look at it as Jose having a great eye for a player's potential. And Klopp deserves credit. Anyone that watched Salah at Roma could see he was different gravy, just needed the consistency, and maybe playing for a proper side

Report PorcupineorPineapple March 19, 2018 11:43 AM GMT
If he had eye for potential why sell them for far below their worth rather than loaning them out or developing a plan to nurture them and develop them into first team players?
Report cardifffc March 19, 2018 12:43 PM GMT
sickyvicky is no judge of a footballer.............after this if they had any decency they would retire from the forum
Report DeSSieReborn March 19, 2018 1:09 PM GMT
Salah will be the most expensive player ever in the summer when Barca and Real go to war over him. Liverpool will be able to buy six more of him.
Report stickyvicky March 19, 2018 1:49 PM GMT

Mar 19, 2018 -- 1:43PM, cardifffc wrote:

sickyvicky is no judge of a footballer.............after this if they had any decency they would retire from the forum

My posts about Salah were in relation to teams that park the bus against Liverpool Klopp can't break them down and Salah can't either as was witnessed against ManU a forthnight ago when Salah didn't get a kick all match against man-marking Young. I was arguing for them to buy a Suarez, Costa type forward that can break through parked bus defences.
Also at the time I posted the African Nations Cup was still being played in January every 2 years ( since changed I believe ) so I was doubting the wisdom of buying more African international players who fly off for 6 weeks in the middle of the season.

Report DeSSieReborn March 19, 2018 3:35 PM GMT
Man marking Young??? Not so sure about that....
Report stickyvicky March 19, 2018 3:59 PM GMT
He didn't leave his side for 90 mins and got Sky man of the match for it too.Crazy
Report DeSSieReborn March 19, 2018 4:31 PM GMT
plenty of occasions he was nowhere near him
Report stickyvicky March 19, 2018 4:40 PM GMT
Half time maybe Devil
Report DeSSieReborn March 19, 2018 5:41 PM GMT
Beg to differ sticky. Watch the first twelve minutes again,can't be bothered watching any more, because its quite clear there was no man marking of Salah by Young.
Report DeSSieReborn March 19, 2018 5:42 PM GMT
Could be that after half tim
Report DeSSieReborn March 19, 2018 5:43 PM GMT
e  Jose m
e  Jose m
e  Jose m
e  Jose m
e  Jose m
kin hell my comp is f00ked
Report DeSSieReborn March 19, 2018 6:03 PM GMT
Just watch the first half again sticky, pretty much only when Salah was wide on right in Youngs patch they crossed swords
Report stickyvicky March 19, 2018 6:04 PM GMT
One report

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/03/13/ashley-young-mocks-liverpool-star-mohamed-salah-instagram-following-win-old-trafford
Report DeSSieReborn March 19, 2018 6:07 PM GMT
BTW what a miss that scissors by Mata Cry
Report rommel March 19, 2018 6:40 PM GMT

Mar 19, 2018 -- 6:43PM, DeSSieReborn wrote:

kin hell my comp is f00ked

dess youre a disgrace sir

Report sparrow March 20, 2018 8:28 AM GMT
Salah is just a classic case of proving a load of so called football experts wrong. Increasingly more so these days we come across these people with their possession statistics talking about hoofball and a whole load of other nonsense.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now