Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 2 people viewing this thread.
stewarty b
05 Aug 16 18:27
| Topic/replies: 14,998 | Blogger: stewarty b's blog
Welcome to the thread of one of the biggest clubs in the world in which other clubs can only dream about having such a huge support.

We are now back in the 'big time' so to speak given us a path to where we belong.....Europe.

As for tomorrow's game against Hamilton I make Rangers a 4/7 shot and 2/5 seems a tad short imho.

Having said that, we have signed seven decent players including Joey Barton whom I rate as a class act.

As for Septic, bring it on I say.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View GLASGOW RANGERS
Show More
Report akabula January 1, 2018 11:24 PM GMT
He never played in the 1st team though Trilby.
Report trilby22 January 1, 2018 11:25 PM GMT
That is correct.  I learnt that at O-Level Economics.
Report trilby22 January 1, 2018 11:26 PM GMT
Are you listening to TS just now?  Souness speaking well.
Report akabula January 1, 2018 11:27 PM GMT
I'll watch it later.
Report trilby22 January 1, 2018 11:28 PM GMT
Lol, it's on the radio mate WinkWhoops
Report akabula January 1, 2018 11:31 PM GMT
Magnificent player. Ruled the roost in Scotland.
Report akabula January 1, 2018 11:32 PM GMT
Sorry, thought it was on tv. Won't then lol.
Report trilby22 January 1, 2018 11:51 PM GMT
On till 1am.  https://talksport.com/radio/schedule  You'll get it on catch-up later.

Great player ... and manager Cool
Report akabula January 2, 2018 12:01 AM GMT
Player, manager and director. Took a £500k stake when Murray bought from Marlsborough.
Report akabula January 2, 2018 12:02 AM GMT
Was Souness that talked Murray into buying the club.
Report trilby22 January 2, 2018 12:17 AM GMT
Just done talking about Mexico 86 and he's on his way to Gers now ...
Report trilby22 January 2, 2018 12:19 AM GMT
via Sampdoria, oc.
Report trilby22 January 2, 2018 12:22 AM GMT
Signing Butcher was a coup.
Report trilby22 January 2, 2018 12:24 AM GMT
MoJo
Report trilby22 January 2, 2018 12:25 AM GMT
Wanted to sign John Collins.  Where would that have gone?
Report trilby22 January 2, 2018 12:26 AM GMT
People forget (or don't know) Sou's from Edinburgh
Report trilby22 January 2, 2018 12:28 AM GMT
Chelsea / Rangers alliance
Report trilby22 January 2, 2018 12:29 AM GMT
Time for a schmoke - see if any asteroids heading this way ... i'll let ye ken Wink
Report trilby22 January 2, 2018 12:36 AM GMT
What an amazing sky & boy, is that moon bright, the night.
Report trilby22 January 2, 2018 12:43 AM GMT
Report trilby22 January 2, 2018 12:47 AM GMT
Even the Celtic lads gotta admire that pic!  "Call me a cripple, I'll show ye!"
Report trilby22 January 2, 2018 1:03 AM GMT
That was a very good interview.  10/10
Report stewarty b January 2, 2018 9:08 PM GMT
Just signed in trilby. That photo/event caused riots in Turkey! Anyways trilby I will PM you tomorrow re: the horse if I have the ante-post info.

That said, if you wish you can take the cash instead and put it on something you fancy yourself.

A wee PM will reach you soon.
Report akabula January 2, 2018 10:01 PM GMT
47 years since the Ibrox disaster.
Can remember hearing the news and watching the story unfold.
Tragic day. RIP the 66.
Report akabula January 3, 2018 10:37 PM GMT
Midfielder Sean Goss says agreeing a loan move to Rangers until the end of the season was a "no-brainer".

The 22-year-old, who has joined from English Championship outfit Queens Park Rangers, is relishing the challenge.
"Rangers is a massive football club with a massive fan-base as well," Goss told Rangers TV.
"I know it's a tough league and there's a lot expected of the Rangers players. I want to challenge myself at a big club - I can't wait to get going."
The German moved to Loftus Road from Manchester United in January 2017 but has made only six appearances for the Championship club.

Defensive midfielder but has also played full back. Other than what I've read today I don't know much about him.
Report akabula January 4, 2018 12:46 AM GMT
Rod at the game and relaxing later
Report stewarty b January 5, 2018 6:39 PM GMT
If you are looking in trilby you have a PM.
Report stewarty b January 7, 2018 2:39 PM GMT
Report trilby22 January 8, 2018 11:50 AM GMT
The eagle has landed, Mr B.  You're a top man!
Report stewarty b January 8, 2018 4:47 PM GMT
Don't be fooled into backing that beast at present trilby. The betting is there but it has no entries whatsoever as I type. They may run it again before having a crack at Cheltenham so it's a case of wait and see.
Report Geesyerdosh January 8, 2018 7:11 PM GMT
Bookies suspend Rangers relegation betting amidst administration rumours

Callum Wilson | Monday 8th January 2018 / 17:38

Bookmakers have suspended betting on Rangers being relegated, following rumours of financial troubles resurfacing at the club.

Oddschecker sources have confirmed bookies will not take bets on the Glasgow club to finish bottom of the Scottish Premiership, amidst rumours the club is once again in financial peril.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Report stewarty b January 8, 2018 7:50 PM GMT
Link please?
Report hippie January 8, 2018 7:53 PM GMT
https://www.oddschecker.com/insight/football/20180108-bookies-suspend-ranger...
Report stewarty b January 8, 2018 7:58 PM GMT
This is a strange development indeed, and one that may worry Rangers fans. The club are still to fully recover from their financial problems of the past, and the last thing they need is to enter administration once again. However, the fact that the club are quite obviously looking to spend money in the January window would not suggest that they are in dire straits. This may just be a cautious move by bookies to protect themselves after some suspicious betting activity.
Report stewarty b January 8, 2018 8:10 PM GMT
Celtic fans having a laugh imo. Pooling all their finances together and managing to get a tenner on at 5000/1. Only the obsessed....
Report Geesyerdosh January 8, 2018 8:11 PM GMT
What money Laugh That's why Murphy's on loan. There is no money.
Report akabula January 8, 2018 9:37 PM GMT
Gees and hippie must be amongst the most gullible on here.
There are at least 6 celtic bloggers making a fortune out of them.
Donate and I'll tell you what you want to hear. Laugh

They also pay for books, films and newspaper adverts.
the most famous being when they sent an advert in English to a French speakers paper in Switzerland and the French version to a Glasgow paper. Laugh
The Glasgow paper translated then refused to publish returning them £3k but the Swiss paper said it was too late and published.
£3k of crowdfunded money down the drain. Laugh

Then one self employed journalist crowdfunded them for £2.5k to tweet reports of a Rangers trial despite the court already being covered by the STV.
Got his dates mixed up and missed the first day. Day 2 he arrived right on time only to hear the judge announce he wasn't allowing tweeting in court. Laugh

It would be a lie to say that these times have been troubling for Rangers fans but god bless you obsessed celtic guys for cheering us up during it. LaughLaughLaugh
Report hippie January 8, 2018 9:58 PM GMT
How does us being tuned into oddschecker make us gullible? It may not be what you want to see but don't shoot the messengers.

Overkill with the smileys doesn't convince anyone you're laughing off this latest calamity either. In fact it does quite the opposite. Whether it's true or not the fact is people believe it could be true because the club has a reputation for incompetency. Like the 3 year Murphy deal you told us about which turned into a loan.

The only reason the club isn't going into administration is because no one is fool enough to give it credit.
Report akabula January 8, 2018 10:06 PM GMT
Just employed an experienced manager as a help for Murty.
Investing millions in our development squad and training grounds.
Active in the transfer market on at least 5 fronts.
Giving new enhanced deals to 3 of our young players who have broken into the first team.
Giving new enhanced deals to at least another 5 of our first team squad.
Yes I can see how you think we're struggling. Laugh
Report Geesyerdosh January 8, 2018 10:09 PM GMT
The only person who seems to mention these bloggers is aka. And he seems remarkably well informed of what they say and do Laugh
Report sofiakenny January 8, 2018 10:13 PM GMT
ackietim..you live in a blue nosed masonic fantasy world...everyone and his dog knows that you couldn't pay for Murphy
..err can we pay in instalments ..no we want all the fee now..but but but we dinae have it any chance of a loan deal?
Report akabula January 8, 2018 10:19 PM GMT
Actually retweets are a great thing Gees.
You get the main info without having to read the whole thing.
What ones do you subscribe to?

Lets be honest these celtic supporters are obsessed and happy to pay for it.
The bloggers have seen an opportunity to exploit their bigotry and went for it.
Hard to fault the bloggers really. Easy money, a difficult thing to turn your back on.
Report akabula January 8, 2018 10:23 PM GMT
BTW how many more with a celtic connection going to go bankrupt when the taxman comes calling.
Report hippie January 8, 2018 10:29 PM GMT
The Scottish papers are currently fighting a firestorm trying to convince their readership that sevco, a company that has barely been in existence two minutes, isn't struggling. That's an extraordinary situation to be in. If you could get into the mason lodge other than through the service entrance they'd tell you that this is going to get worse before it gets better because Dave King is hanging around the club's neck like an albatross. I wouldn't trust the man to run a bath.
Report Outpost January 8, 2018 10:30 PM GMT
celtic supporters making up lies about rangers - has this ever happened before ?
Report akabula January 8, 2018 10:37 PM GMT
It keeps them happy Outpost.
They would be lost without the Rangers.

BTW isn't it funny that they never shut up about the Rangers tax avoidance (legal) case yet don't want to discuss the tax evasion (illegal) film scheme that so many at parkhead were involved in.
Report stewarty b January 9, 2018 1:18 AM GMT
celtic supporters making up lies about rangers - has this ever happened before ?

Many times. As DT would put it....fake news.
Report Platini January 9, 2018 3:08 PM GMT
shocking news about wee Nacho Navo. I never liked him as a player (only cos he scored so many goals v Celtic) but I hope we pulls thru this.  Good luck wee man.
Report the bairn January 9, 2018 3:32 PM GMT
good on you platini, I was the same with Andy Walker, but now think he is a great pundit, not afraid to tell you how it is. cheers.
Report akabula January 9, 2018 8:40 PM GMT
Nacho out of intensive care today. Hope he makes a full recovery.
Loved him as a player and always remember his strike that won us the cup moments after he came on as a sub for Boyd.
What an impact.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGiOioxOCQQ
Report akabula January 9, 2018 8:57 PM GMT
Plans for refurbishment of the stadium have been passed and the work to start soon.
Also announced today are 3 further additions to the Academy coaching staff.
Kevin Thomson and Gregory Vignal will be involved with the under 15s and Stuart Taylor the Development squad.
ST is the ex Aston Villa under 23s and Wolves 1st team coach.

Not sure how we manage this being skint.
Maybe one of our resident financial experts will be along to tell us.
Gees? Nippie? Anybody?
Report hippie January 10, 2018 12:20 AM GMT
lacky-bula, when you accuse people of being gullible that's called projection. It was only a little over a month ago that the board was bullsh!tting at the AGM that everything was hunky dory then today you read a sleight of hand statement on the club website, that doesn't actually say anything tangible, and you pop up giving it the billy big bollocks.  Laugh

Kevin Thomson, Gregory Vignal and Stuart Taylor. Not sure how we manage this being skint. Laugh How much do you think these household names are being paid? Probably some sort of JSA return to work funding scheme although Taylor must be thinking he's being fast tracked to the top job like the last development manager.

Plans for refurbishment of the stadium have been passed and the work to start soon. - King said after the AGM: “I don’t attend many matches so I can’t see what is happening on a week to week basis, but...we have got a whole plan that is going to run through to 2022 for the 150th anniversary of the club. So there is a lot of short-term stuff that we have to do in which relates more to the dilapidation of the stadium over the past couple of years. But then there is some other more significant structural changes that we want to make and that is all part of really more of a five-year plan that we have for the stadium to make it look and feel completely different by 2022.”

You don't refurbish dilapidation, you repair it unless you haven't got any money then you put out a statement saying "plans for refurbishment of the stadium have been passed and the work will start soon," hand out the paint brushes then kick the problem down the road. "plans have been passed..." Laugh

In the accounting year ending 30 June 2016 The Rangers Football Club Limited made a loss of £2,307,000
In the accounting year ending 30 June 2017 The Rangers Football Club Limited made a loss of £6,495,000

At the time of preparing the Strategic Report the Directors forecasted that the Company would require a minimum of £4,000,000 additional funding by the end of season 2017/18 in order to meet its liabilities as they fall due. Further funding amounting to £3,200,000 is forecast to be required during the 2018/19 season. New Oasis Asset Limited and certain investors have agreed to extend their existing loan facilities to July 2019. The technical term for that is SKINT but don't take my word for it, look at the Company accounts yourself:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC425159/filing-history

Don't go answering any emails from Nigerian princes. It's a scam. Laugh
Report stewarty b January 10, 2018 6:26 PM GMT
Sometimes you have to put things into perspective.... Top ten clubs in debt...

1. Manchester United - €536m

2. Benfica - €336m

3. Inter - €306m

4. Valencia - €285m

5. QPR - €279m

6. AC Milan - €249m

7. CSKA Moscow - €224m

8. Galatasaray - €222m

9. Juventus - €209m

10. Roma - €208m
Report akabula January 10, 2018 6:32 PM GMT
Wee Nippie feading from the table of mad phil and even madder JJ Laugh
Report akabula January 10, 2018 6:34 PM GMT
Sorry @feeding before the pedants say something.
Report the bairn January 10, 2018 7:10 PM GMT
speaking purely as a neutral, this nippie character seems infatuated by the Rangers, good for him. cheers.
Report stewarty b January 10, 2018 7:12 PM GMT
Like yourself the bairn? cheers.
Report akabula January 10, 2018 7:17 PM GMT
@the bairn
Always good to get a neutrals perspective on all things Rangers.
Report brendrew January 10, 2018 7:48 PM GMT
so of those top ten clubs in debt how much do they owe to facepainters?Laugh
Report brendrew January 10, 2018 7:48 PM GMT
so of those top ten clubs in debt how much do they owe to facepainters?Laugh
Report stewarty b January 10, 2018 7:56 PM GMT
@ the bairn

Many thanks for giving us Jimmy Nicholl back. It's just what we needed.
Report stewarty b January 10, 2018 8:04 PM GMT
** Given Falkirk's league position that is.
Report akabula January 10, 2018 8:17 PM GMT
Kevin Thomson introducing himself to Robbie Keane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=999zewIIu8U
Report the bairn January 10, 2018 11:46 PM GMT
us neutrals in Falkirk will always try to help out British teams if we can. cheers.
Report sofiakenny January 10, 2018 11:52 PM GMT
bairn is as neutral as a nazi at a barmitzah.sorry for spelling errors(pedants)
Report the bairn January 11, 2018 12:02 AM GMT
now now, I just like to see local laddies like Jimmy Nicholl doing well. cheers.
Report Kriskin January 11, 2018 1:08 AM GMT
aka - any truth in new Rangers 2012 being in a cash crisis.  These are more than just rumours doing the rounds that King and his merry men are in financial trouble.  Looks like old co all over again.  Remember you said in 2012, "it wasn't true".  Same sources stating the same this time around.
Report trilby22 January 11, 2018 6:58 PM GMT
Second game of the Florida Cup @ midnight tonight.

Gers vs Clube Atlético Mineiro of Brazil - their 2nd string team, I believe.

Gers available @ 2.3, MG & the draw both 3.4

Live on Premier Sports.

Mon the Bluebells.
Report akabula January 11, 2018 8:08 PM GMT
Jeez Kriskin. I had you down as sensible. Sad
BTW, whilst I've got your attention, what's your view on the illegal tax evasion film scheme?
Report akabula January 11, 2018 8:10 PM GMT
Mon the bluebells right enough Trilby.
For the bluebells are blue.
Report GLASGOWCALLING January 11, 2018 8:20 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pqu6HSyXJI

happy days, Happy
Report akabula January 11, 2018 8:23 PM GMT
Michael O'Halloran has returned to the fold after his loan stint with St Johnstone.
Interviewed by Rangers tv and he's looking forward to the challenge.
Good speedy player and glad to see him back.

SKY tv says we've made enquiries at Norwich for Steven Naismith albeit BBC Sport attribute only Hearts as showing an interest.
Another player I'd love to see back at Ibrox.
Report stewarty b January 11, 2018 9:37 PM GMT
Poor liquidity on here to finish 2nd to Celtic but Aberdeen approx. 1/2 and Rangers 5/4. Will make some enquiries tomorrow and will gladly take 5/4 Rangers if I can get on for a couple of bob.   

O'Halloran's return a big plus to me but pointless backing on here given Rangers are 2nd Fav's to win the league.Surprised
Report Kriskin January 11, 2018 10:37 PM GMT
aka - u know that I'm sensible.  The rumours are not going away.  The club have not refuted any claims from the Irish blogger
Report G Hall January 12, 2018 12:59 AM GMT
Anyone watching the game 0-0 @ half time.
Report G Hall January 12, 2018 1:33 AM GMT
Goal rangers josh windyass 68 minutes.
Report akabula January 12, 2018 2:08 AM GMT
FT score 1-0.
Corinthians, who beat PSV 5-4 on penalties after a 1-1 draw, next up on Saturday.
Hope we can stave off admin2 until after we've won this. Wink
Report akabula January 13, 2018 8:28 PM GMT
Murty tried a few things out in todays game against the Corinthians and went with a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Team
Fodderingham : Tavernier D.Wilson Cardoso John : Kranjcar Holt : O'Halloran Windass Dalcio : Herrera

Bench
Kelly Hodson Bates A.Wilson Goss Halliday Murphy Candeias Morelos Atakayi Barjonas

2-0 down at half-time but goals from Morelos (2) Halliday and Tavernier saw us run out 4-2 winners.
Report trilby22 January 13, 2018 11:55 PM GMT
Can't do any better than to win both your games.  Well done Gers.

http://www.floridacup.com/press/news/rangers-vs-corinthians-final-score-4-2-as-scottish-side-nets-four-after-halftime
Report trilby22 January 14, 2018 12:48 AM GMT
Steven Naismith: 'A transfer window is unique. It is mental. I'm not ruling out any clubs'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42667650

Between Killie, Hearts & Gers, by the looks.
Report Platini January 14, 2018 6:04 PM GMT
seriously, where are you going to get 10k per week ?
Report akabula January 14, 2018 6:59 PM GMT
£10k feck all to us Plat. Cash rich.
Report akabula January 14, 2018 9:46 PM GMT
Jason Cummings in Glasgow for a medical before signing. Good player who's already proved himself in Scotland.
Also on the radar and not far from joining us is the Norwich Scottish internationalist defender Russell Martin.
Report badjoe January 14, 2018 10:12 PM GMT
'Scottish' ambassadors doing their bit for our nations image abroad, again Sad

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/
15826485._****_blood___
Rangers_fans_belt_out_sectarian__Billy_Boys__song
_in_official_Florida_Cup_video/
Report akabula January 14, 2018 10:31 PM GMT
Florida Cup latest results

PSV beat Fuminese 5-4 on penalties after a 1-1 draw.
Barcelona beat Legia Warsaw 3-2
Atletico National beat Atletico Mineiro 2-0
Report akabula January 14, 2018 10:39 PM GMT
With 2 games to go Fuminese v Barcelona and Legia Warsaw v Atletico Nacional 3 teams are in the running to win the trophy.
Rangers have 6 points and are 5-2 on the goals front.
Both Barcelona (3-2) and Atletico Nacional (2-0) need to win then it'll come down to goal difference.
Rangers flying the flag and doing Scotland proud.
Report trilby22 January 15, 2018 7:16 AM GMT
Fluminense v Barcelona 9pm ko tonight.  Mon the Flumis!
Report trilby22 January 15, 2018 7:17 AM GMT
Rangers flying the flag and doing Scotland proud.

Absolutely mate!  GSTQ!
Report akabula January 15, 2018 11:30 PM GMT
Cummings deal completed today, a fantastic addition to the squad.
Sadly Barcelona won 3-1 so no Florida cup for Rangers.
However 2 victories against Brazilian opposition excellent, Corinthians current champions as well.
Report akabula January 15, 2018 11:37 PM GMT
BTW what happened to admin2?
Surely the paypal brigade haven't been mugging the mugs again.
Nippie/Kriskin ask for a refund. Claim diminished responsibility brought on by an obsessive gene, that should do it.
Report stewarty b January 16, 2018 7:38 AM GMT
Unless I'm reading wrong Carlos Pena is out on loan at Pedro's  new club  Cruz Azul thus saving the club 30k per week unless they are paying some of his wages?

Herrera not so keen to follow him which makes me think Pedro was paying too much wages for average players
Report sofiakenny January 16, 2018 7:47 AM GMT
Only ackietim gets excited signing another player on LOAN.
Report stewarty b January 16, 2018 8:03 AM GMT
@ the bairn...

When I said....Many thanks for giving us Jimmy Nicholl back. It's just what we needed. that was tongue in cheek. A step backwards imo.

The biggest club in Scotland takes a man who was second in command at Falkirk  and given their position in the Scottish Championship it makes one

wonder where the club's ambitions lie..
Report Platini January 16, 2018 12:34 PM GMT
30k a week for Pena ?  Surprised
Report the bairn January 16, 2018 2:59 PM GMT
give him a chance stewarty, I don't know what his role will be. the guy Jones of Kilmarnock looks a very promising player and also, how could Rangers let the boy from St Mirren go, ffs. somebody needs shooting. cheers.
Report trilby22 January 16, 2018 5:21 PM GMT
The Ibrox jigsaw being put together rather nicely, imo.  Pena can GTF, btw.
Report akabula January 16, 2018 8:43 PM GMT
30k a week for Pena ?

The chairman at his new club laughed off the figure quoted Plat.
Was £20k and not £30k the reporter stated. My guess is it's nearer £15k.
Report akabula January 16, 2018 8:50 PM GMT
Only ackietim gets excited signing another player on LOAN.

This was Gazza arriving at Ibrox. Paraded as a marquee signing after we bought him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVOXQgRvv8M

celtic tried the same for Roberts who had just extended his loan. LaughLaughLaugh
Report akabula January 16, 2018 9:17 PM GMT
Russell Martin move completed today.
Report akabula January 17, 2018 10:00 PM GMT
Looks like Naismith will sign for Hearts tomorrow subject to the normal medical.
Leeds in with an increased offer for Windass. Would like to see him stay but Docherty (Hamilton) would be a good replacement.
Would make sense financially as well with the difference in their values.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now