Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarty b
05 Aug 16 18:27
| Topic/replies: 31,941 | Blogger: stewarty b's blog
Welcome to the thread of one of the biggest clubs in the world in which other clubs can only dream about having such a huge support.

We are now back in the 'big time' so to speak given us a path to where we belong.....Europe.

As for tomorrow's game against Hamilton I make Rangers a 4/7 shot and 2/5 seems a tad short imho.

Having said that, we have signed seven decent players including Joey Barton whom I rate as a class act.

As for Septic, bring it on I say.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View GLASGOW RANGERS
Show More
Report iamajambo May 9, 2018 12:47 PM BST
I've layed Gerrard at 1.06 and 1.07.Now 1.04 is the best to back.I must be missing something.Must be the flood of King akabula's money.He's the one in the know.Sad
Report stewarty b May 9, 2018 1:53 PM BST
Can anyone give me a link to the Gerrard 'doubt' please?
Report the bairn May 9, 2018 4:04 PM BST
iamanumpty, you couldn't lay in your bed,ffs. cheers.
Report Kriskin May 9, 2018 4:20 PM BST

May 9, 2018 -- 1:53PM, stewarty b wrote:

Can anyone give me a link to the Gerrard 'doubt' please?

stewarty - If the financial backing doesn't come before August will Gerrard honour the contract.  The contract has been signed on certain stipulations happening.  He has a get out clause with a substantial financial payment

Report sofiakenny May 9, 2018 4:24 PM BST
and in the meantime the poor honest fans rush out and buy their season tickets.
Report Platini May 9, 2018 4:50 PM BST
Outpost, I wouldn't be so sure of your logic there.   If Hibs beat Hearts, Celtic could well lie down to the sheep to make sure your lot finish 4th (assuming Hibs beat you in final game).
3rd would be embarrassing enough, but 4th would be the cherry on top of a marvellous season Laugh
Report stewarty b May 9, 2018 5:01 PM BST
stewarty - If the financial backing doesn't come before August will Gerrard honour the contract.  The contract has been signed on certain stipulations happening.  He has a get out clause with a substantial financial payment

In other words there is no substance in these rumours. Now, as it happens a very good friend of mine who is a staunch Celtic man tells me that the latest 'update' he has is there might be some Chinese money involved. I repeat, this is hearsay but as he said to me, if that was the case it would be ripping the heart out of Rangers.

I will wait and see but as I told him, look at the top six in the English Premiership. How many hearts have been ripped out there? Plus, How many of those clubs have an English manager...
Report Geesyerdosh May 9, 2018 6:09 PM BST
King said there is no external investment. No one is going to burn money in Scottish football anymore.

Here's a mad idea. Couldn't they just try and live within their means like all the other clubs?
Report iamajambo May 9, 2018 6:36 PM BST
Gerrard now at 1.03.Has the World gone mad?Shocked
Report sofiakenny May 9, 2018 6:47 PM BST
Even if they rqise £6mill half will go to Close Bros.
Report Kriskin May 9, 2018 10:16 PM BST
If no serious financial backing what will Gerrard be expected to do with his new team??  A lot of players from this season will go back to their parent club.  Pena will be back as well.  One of their best defenders off to Hamburg.  What squad will SG have before bringing in an of his own players??
Report akabula May 9, 2018 10:18 PM BST
Share issue will pay off all current soft loans with £6m+ left over for SG.
Add on the sponsorship cash and the initial ST payments then SG will have a transfer budget of nearly £15m.
Player sales and other incomes like merchandising etc will fund the season with the Directors already saying they will supply further soft loans if needed.

Great result tonight courtesy of Lafferty and Naismith (wee lenny be seething).
So our superior GD should see us safely into Europe and even a draw v Hibs could get us 2nd spot if celtic beat the sheep.

BTW what happened to Brenda and Arsenal? "We won't stand in Brendas way if Arsenal come calling" LaughLaugh
I think celtic trying to get rid of him for his failures in Europe.
Report akabula May 9, 2018 10:26 PM BST
If Pena has behaved as reported then Rangers will have grounds for ripping up his contract Kriskin.
Some decent players there already and the likes of Ryan Jack and Declan John coming back from injury and Alan McGregor returning.
Report sofiakenny May 9, 2018 10:27 PM BST
Share issue will pay off all current soft loans with £6m+ left over for SG.
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Have you been sniffing Triblys undercrackers again!!
Report akabula May 9, 2018 10:50 PM BST
Needs no explanation.

Report stewarty b May 10, 2018 6:19 PM BST
The failure to have Ryan Jack playing regular has cost us a good few points without doubt. Does anyone know just what kind of injury he has because players unfortunate to have broken a leg have came back into the fold far sooner than this?
Report akabula May 10, 2018 11:24 PM BST
Was a knee injury that needed surgery.
Timing about right and hopefully he'll be back for pre-season training.
Report Platini May 12, 2018 2:39 PM BST
that'll be the same Ryan Jack, that collects red cards like panini stickers. Laugh
Report stewarty b May 15, 2018 7:18 AM BST
First signing a step in the right direction....

Rangers have made Burnley midfielder Scott Arfield their first signing under new manager Steven Gerrard.

The Canada international, 29, has signed a four-year deal at Ibrox after coming to the end of his contract at Turf Moor.

Arfield played 20 games for Burnley this season, but has not featured since early February.

Scotland-born Arfield started his career at Falkirk before moving on to Huddersfield and then Burnley.

"I went down there almost as a wee boy and I feel I have come back as a leader," Arfield said.

"You have to be this type of character to play at a club this big.

"When a club of this magnitude comes in for you it is a no-brainer. As soon as the interest came in it was something I wanted to go for."

'Gerrard can help me take my game to next level'
Arfield spent five seasons with the Lancashire club, helping them gain promotion to the Premier League and then established in the top flight.

But he admits he is "excited" by the prospect of working with Gerrard at Ibrox.

"If you don't get excited by it, you shouldn't walk through the front door," he said. "It has given a boost to the whole game in this country.

"Gerrard is one of the top three players of my generation. I'll listen to everything he and his staff have to say and hopefully take my game to the next level."

Gerrard, who officially takes over on 1 June, said he was pleased to be able to start his rebuilding process so quickly after the end of the season.

"Scott is a talented and competitive midfielder who has competed at a high level in the English Premier League and internationally for Canada," he added.

"Scott is the first one in and I look forward to working with him and the others who will be coming in to strengthen the squad."
Report iamajambo May 15, 2018 11:25 AM BST
Yet another step towards administration.
Report sofiakenny May 15, 2018 12:13 PM BST
Have they told him he will be paid in Monster Munch and Buckfast?
Report trilby22 May 15, 2018 2:44 PM BST
Kendra still obsessing 24/7 lol what a fud she is Laugh
Report sofiakenny May 15, 2018 6:11 PM BST
Awa an bile yer heid ya bloo nose bampot.Cool
Report stewarty b May 15, 2018 6:12 PM BST
kenny lad, you need to take up knitting.
Report iamajambo May 15, 2018 6:41 PM BST
Other than in King akabula's wet dreams,where's the money coming from?
Report sofiakenny May 15, 2018 7:09 PM BST
Maybe they have a Money Tree?
Report iamajambo May 16, 2018 8:39 PM BST
Sevco would need a forest of Money Trees.
Report Platini May 16, 2018 9:10 PM BST

Laugh
Report themightymac May 16, 2018 9:24 PM BST
Report badjoe May 16, 2018 11:22 PM BST
akabula • May 6, 2018 12:05 AM BST
Be a cash rich club when the shares issue goes ahead.
And not a penny owed.

Report akabula May 17, 2018 9:24 PM BST
If it wasn't for the Rangers some of this crowd on here would have nothing to talk about.
What a sad feckin life they live. Laugh
Always wondered what one of these saddos this is.

Report sofiakenny May 17, 2018 10:29 PM BST
Teddy bears keen on signing Solanke and Jermaine Defoe!!!....what are these nutjobs smoking??LaughLaugh
Might as well throw in Messi and Neymar while they are at it!
Report GLASGOWCALLING May 17, 2018 10:36 PM BST
kenny safer posting on here imo, rather than making the rest of the forum suffer his " third bet i have ever posted " LaughLaugh
Report akabula May 17, 2018 11:07 PM BST
LaughLaugh
Report trilby22 May 17, 2018 11:13 PM BST
LaughLaugh
Report sofiakenny May 17, 2018 11:52 PM BST
GLASGOW..you clearly lack the intelligence to digest the information that was on my second bet thread.
Report akabula May 18, 2018 12:29 AM BST
Report akabula May 18, 2018 9:53 PM BST
Rangers completed the signing today of Jamie Murphy on a 3 year deal.
Can't see us doing any business for the other 3 loan signing.
Goss, Martin and Cummings all been poor and contributed nothing.
Report sofiakenny May 25, 2018 6:16 PM BST
an oldie..but pure gold!!

https://youtu.be/O1TxAfrmFas
Report iamajambo May 25, 2018 10:26 PM BST
First time I've seen it Kenny.The follow up was even funnier.

Thanks for that.

Meanwhile,I put up a lay of $340(American keyboard,so read as Pounds) on Gerrard.Was matched.Will he or will he not do 'walking away'?
Report akabula May 25, 2018 10:37 PM BST
Kennybhoy and his best fwend iamatimreally.
Report sofiakenny May 25, 2018 11:22 PM BST
A homophobic reply from true blue tartan tory still living in the 60's bampot..ackietim!Laugh
Report akabula May 25, 2018 11:27 PM BST
So i'm a True Blue Tartan Tory TIM.
Honest? I think yer the bampot. LaughLaugh
Report trilby22 May 26, 2018 5:02 PM BST
Gotta cease dippin' they sheep Kendra.  I know they're hot lookin' in this weather though Wink
Report sofiakenny May 26, 2018 5:11 PM BST
Oh I'd rather shag a sheep than Mrs Mols!Laugh
Report akabula May 26, 2018 6:56 PM BST
A wee song to cheer kennybhoy up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVx6SFRfsLg
Report trilby22 May 26, 2018 8:56 PM BST
LOL, shagging Baa Baa LaughLaughLaugh
Report trilby22 May 26, 2018 9:02 PM BST
Aka, KB will be up all night watching that!  I'm up to the two minute mark but I see they're touching all bases already Laugh
Report akabula May 26, 2018 9:07 PM BST
Laugh
Report akabula May 26, 2018 9:10 PM BST
I didn't know that kennybhoy lived down a lane.
Report stewarty b May 31, 2018 3:07 PM BST
Well, as it happens, Steven Gerrard  reports for duty tomorrow to start his managerial career at Ibrox. A wee bit of food for thought for him.

Firstly I hope he does very well and who knows what will happen if he does? I can't see Liverpool calling any time soon given the manager they

have.

So here's the story Stevie lad. You will never manage Man Utd so if you do move on at some point, you can always say that you

managed the second biggest club in Britain albeit only 1% of Man Utd fans have been to Old Trafford...

Yes, the team are moderate (which I hope you will fix) but the club is HUGE.

GL lad and remember to soak up the atmosphere that you will never have seen at Anfield.

Best of luck for the future.

stewarty b.
Report stewarty b June 1, 2018 2:12 PM BST
New Rangers boss Steven Gerrard has told his players and fans...

"it's time now...let's go" in a five-word rallying cry as his tenure at Ibrox officially begins.

The former Liverpool and England midfielder officially started his reign as Rangers manager on Friday, having been unveiled at the start of May.

Gerrard has the unenviable task of trying to topple Brendan Rodgers' dominant Celtic side and must hope to close a 12-point gap to the Old Firm rivals next season.

The club has been busy since the end of the season, finalising deals to bring in Scott Arfield, Allan McGregor and Jamie Murphy to bolster their squad, and Gerrard is excited to formally begin preparations for the upcoming season.

"June 1 is the day I have been waiting for and I am absolutely desperate to get started officially in my role as the manager of Rangers Football Club," he told the club website. "Just saying that excites and motivates me so much
Gerrard reveals his reasons for leaving Liverpool for Rangers
"Although the players won't report back from their breaks until later this month, I am looking forward to meeting them and also welcoming some new faces to this fantastic club. Along with (director of football) Mark (Allen) and my backroom team we have already been working on our plans and strategy for the new season.

"We know what we want to achieve and we also know what will be required to meet the challenges ahead, but we will be ready. Over the next week or so, I will be engaged in work and activities outwith Auchenhowie which I hope will be to the benefit of the club.

"We will also be putting the final pieces in place for our pre-season training camp in Spain."

He added: "Having already taken the opportunity to assess our Auchenhowie base and also facilities at Ibrox, we are focusing now on being ready for our first real challenge, a Europa League qualifying tie in early July.

"Everything we do will be for them. It's time now...let's go."
Report stewarty b June 1, 2018 2:13 PM BST
No word of Harry Wilson coming on loan?
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER June 1, 2018 3:13 PM BST
Imo opinion Wilson is a very talented prospect but I’m not sure that he is exactly what’s needed although he would do a good job imo can score assist has a good left foot

If he’s to raid Liverpool I would try and get ings on loan he’s a big powerful striker good in the air and be ideal  think you need more experienced players and ones with good physical presence to start with anyway
Report stewarty b June 1, 2018 6:28 PM BST
Thanks for the input RP but just who is ings please?
Report stewarty b June 1, 2018 6:30 PM BST
Pass on that RP. I just looked into the Liverpool thread and all is explained!
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER June 1, 2018 6:32 PM BST
Danny ings been out injured but back now makes the first team match squad and not a bad player

He needs games though to play regularly but would be a good loan i reckon
Report stewarty b June 1, 2018 8:18 PM BST
A very strange surname RP but if he can do the business for us he's more than welcome at Ibrox. That said RP I hope you don't mind me popping into your thread from time to time if I need any information I might not be privy to.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER June 1, 2018 9:02 PM BST
Pop in anytime and let us know how it's going up there iyo
Report akabula June 6, 2018 10:45 PM BST
Latest news.

Graeme Murty has agreed to resume his academy role at Rangers just five weeks after being sacked as interim manager. (Daily Record)
The Ibrox side are on the brink of tying up a £3.5m deal to land Brighton defender Connor Goldson. (Scottish Sun)

Goldson a much sought after player so not in the bag yet. £3.5m not bad for a club with no money. Well according to some on here.
Report akabula June 7, 2018 8:05 PM BST
Ovie Ejaria an attacking midfielder has been signed on a year long loan deal.
He's just signed a new contract at Liverpool who rate him very highly.

All season tickets now sold with a healthy waiting list.
Report Geesyerdosh June 7, 2018 8:22 PM BST
A player who could barely get a game for relegated Sunderland and was shiite when he did play and a Brighton reserve.

What happened to Skrtel, Lucas Leiva, Defoe?

Gullibears LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report akabula June 7, 2018 8:43 PM BST
SG also lining up a move for Man City winger Brandan Barker.
Not wasting any time is MrG.
Moving quietly and efficiently.
BTW what happened to PR7 (biggest laugh ever Laugh)
Report Geesyerdosh June 7, 2018 9:15 PM BST
Brandan Barker who was stuck on the bench for Hibs for most of last season

You couldn't make it up LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report akabula June 7, 2018 9:23 PM BST
You couldn't make it up LaughLaughLaugh
Report akabula June 7, 2018 9:47 PM BST
Oops missed out You just did.
Ran riot when he played as well.
No wonder Lenny wants him back.
Report sofiakenny June 7, 2018 9:53 PM BST
aye and this 4mill centre half will sign tomorrow.
Report Geesyerdosh June 7, 2018 10:31 PM BST
He's shiite. Pace and nothing else. That's why he spent half the season on the bench.

'But but but the 4th placed team's manager wants him back' LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report akabula June 7, 2018 10:47 PM BST
Seems you're a tad concerned at the way things are going at Ibrox Gees.
But that apart I'm glad you are still interested enough in the Rangers to comment.
Report Geesyerdosh June 7, 2018 11:28 PM BST
You're confusing comment with laugh at.

A lot.
Report akabula June 7, 2018 11:36 PM BST
You're confusing laughing with obsession.
Report akabula June 8, 2018 10:05 PM BST
From the Rangers site;
Won't be long bhoys til you can feed yer obsession.

IBROX STADIUM will play host to two friendly matches against Bury and Wigan Athletic as Steven Gerrard fine-tunes his squad for the forthcoming season.
Ahead of the club’s return to European football the following Thursday, Bury will visit Govan on Friday, July 6 with a 7.15pm kick-off.

Then, before the Scottish Premiership kicks-off on the weekend of August 4, Wigan Athletic travel north to Ibrox on Sunday, July 29 with an 3pm kick-off.
Gers haven’t played either side previously, but both will games will come at an important stage in the summer for Gerrard and his new-look team.
Report akabula June 8, 2018 10:06 PM BST
Real made a move for Brenda yet? Asking for a friend.
Report akabula June 12, 2018 10:32 PM BST
Rangers have signed Croatian defender Nikola Katic from Slaven Belupo on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
The 21-year-old has been capped once in a friendly against Mexico in May 2017.
He joined Slaven Belupo in January 2016 and made 34 appearances last season as the club from Koprivnica finished sixth in the Croatian top flight.

Katic told Rangers TV: "When they told me Steven Gerrard wanted to take me, I told my agent I just need to take my shoes and run to Scotland."
The defender added: "He is a legend of world football and I'm glad to be here with him."

Katic
is the fifth summer signing for Ibrox manager Gerrard, following deals for goalkeeper Allan McGregor, midfielders Scott Arfield and Ovie Ejaria and winger Jamie Murphy.
Report akabula June 12, 2018 10:39 PM BST
Renovations almost complete and we've also renewed the playing surface.
Stadium looking good. Not bad for a club with no money. Grin
Report akabula June 15, 2018 12:31 AM BST
Report badjoe June 16, 2018 5:20 PM BST
The 25-year-old, who had a heart operation early last year that saw him sidelined until December, had signed a four-year deal, the club said, with local media reporting a transfer fee of around 3 million pounds.

Goldson is the second central defender signed by the Scottish side this week after they paid a reported 2 million pounds for Nikola Katic from Croatia’s Slaven Belupo on Tuesday

£3m for someone with a dodgy ticker, £2m for a player who finished 7th with his team in the 1. HNL last season Blush

Spending money you don't have, gambling on winning the SPL and getting back into the CL to balance the books ? Lessons not learned. You should be being humble, keeping your noses clean and your finances in check. Less than 6 years ago you went into administration owing well over £100M. Disgusting behavior from the arrogant Sevcovians.

Mind you, you might not have long to wait for an early morning knock at the gate from THE MAN who will decide your fate. Wink

Report sofiakenny June 16, 2018 10:21 PM BST
I may be wrong but it is possible the 1.5 kalic dosh is his 4 year contract..roughly 7k a week..exiting dumplings like miller will allow this.
Report akabula June 17, 2018 11:04 AM BST
Wee Joeybhoy and Kennybhoy just cant keep away.
Obsessed or besotted, hard to tell.
Ingenious. WATP.
Report trilby22 June 17, 2018 11:18 AM BST
Morning Aka.

GSTQ this glorious Father's Day (and every other day, of course Wink) Cool
Report akabula June 17, 2018 11:20 AM BST
Good morning and GBTQ indeed.
Report trilby22 June 17, 2018 11:20 AM BST
B?  ConfusedShockedExcitedWhoops
Report akabula June 17, 2018 11:21 AM BST
Looking good.
Report trilby22 June 17, 2018 11:42 AM BST
Now that is BEAUTIFUL! GrinCool
Report sofiakenny June 17, 2018 12:17 PM BST
Is the England flag in there?..good luck against Tunisia you would be Englanders...fuds.
Report akabula June 17, 2018 12:21 PM BST
Yes the England flag is part of the Union flag as are the Scotland and Northern Ireland flags.
Report trilby22 June 17, 2018 12:26 PM BST
Not too bright is he Aka? Laugh
Report sofiakenny June 17, 2018 12:27 PM BST
Interesting..how does Norn Ireland differ from your beloved English one?
Report trilby22 June 17, 2018 12:29 PM BST
That'll be the red cross like a multiplication sign you dimwit.
Report sofiakenny June 17, 2018 12:31 PM BST
So where is the red hand most associate with their flag?
Report sofiakenny June 17, 2018 12:32 PM BST
Are Northern Ireland and Ulster different countries?
Report trilby22 June 17, 2018 12:33 PM BST
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Northern_Ireland
Report sofiakenny June 17, 2018 12:34 PM BST
tribly I am not so thick as to waste my time panning for gold in Scotlands hills ya complete eejit!!
Report trilby22 June 17, 2018 12:36 PM BST
Never panned for gold in my life dumdum but if I were to (in Great Britain Love) the west Scottish mountains is where I would head.

Speaking of head, awa and bile yer own, ya muppet!
Report sofiakenny June 17, 2018 12:47 PM BST
Also the Norn Irish saltire flag as you probably know is not an OFFICIAL flag..so no gold in them hills pal?
Report akabula June 17, 2018 12:48 PM BST
Kennybhoy do you know what the Red hand stands for?
Report sofiakenny June 17, 2018 12:52 PM BST
No..I'n not as well versed in Irish history as you and yer wee dug.
Report akabula June 17, 2018 12:58 PM BST
Tis a lovely little tale of rivalry.

Heremon O'Neill racing a rival chieftain for possession of Ireland became the first man to touch its soil by cutting off his own hand and hurling it ashore! His sacrifice made Heremon the first king of Ulster! ... The RED HAND OF ULSTER is still the province's coat of arms 2,968 years later!
Report sofiakenny June 17, 2018 1:02 PM BST
What an eejit!
Report akabula June 17, 2018 1:02 PM BST
One of my favourite players Trilby. Jimmy Millar.
Signed as a half-back from Dunfermline. What a No. 9.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now