Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Value Seeker
24 Jan 16 12:30
| Topic/replies: 2,517 | Blogger: Value Seeker's blog
Need to make a call tomorrow and find out what's going on.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View EVERTON TRANFER STUFF 5
Show More
Report mackies-fc March 19, 2018 7:15 PM GMT
Couldn't agree more TheGoldenVision.

John Moores knew the score when he said Everton fans expect success. We've strayed massively from that in the past 15-20 years, so much so that a whole generation of football fans in general perceive us as mediocre also rans.

High time someone sought to change that.

One thing you can say about the other lot across the Park, whatever deficiencies they have in the team you always fancy them at Anfield because they all believe they are the best. One kopite in work expressed genuine surprise that City were the favourites to qualify in the champions league and while that's a deluded position to take, it's also the reason why teams go to Anfield and fold like nowhere else in football. It's something we lack as a club. And we shouldn't.

Because we are Everton.
Report Captain carnage March 19, 2018 8:43 PM GMT
Some excellent posts.

Demand, expect, strive to be the best. We take the piss out of the kopites but by christ they have won some big trophies through sheer force of personality and will/expectation.

Deep down we/everton know we cant win the league anytime soon but as said we should set out each season with the objective of bringing silverwear to the club. Everything else - profit on investment/increased sales etc/etc will fall in line if we achieve that.
Report Captain carnage March 19, 2018 8:45 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YRXj9598kM

Show that to any young everton, any everton player and the everton board.

Tell me that anythign matters other than winning a trophy.
Report TheGoldenVision March 19, 2018 9:38 PM GMT
"Everton shirt cuffs are blue, only the collar is white.  The shorts are white, the socks are white.  There is no need for a badge on the shirt, we are the team that plays in blue and white.  Everyone knows who we are.  We don't need a badge to tell them."

We need to get back the arrogance that Harry Catterick alluded to.

EVERYONE KNOWS WHO WE ARE.... brilliant!!
Report TheGoldenVision March 29, 2018 3:08 PM BST
Fingers crossed we avoid a complete stwffing come Saturday.

COYB Grin
Report TheGoldenVision April 2, 2018 12:16 PM BST
I know it was City but were we poor or what???

It shows how far we've regressed and next weekend is likely to emphasise that fact.Cry
Report Value Seeker April 3, 2018 6:49 AM BST
We were shockingly bad but with the players we have it’s hard to see any other outcome. Chasing shadows for 90 minutes.
They needed to get at them but instead adopted the Ross Barkley method of off the ball play where you just move in the general direction of the man with the ball without ever getting close enough to affect what he is doing.
Report miss.wales April 3, 2018 8:45 PM BST
Disgraceful performance - lowest ever possession percentage from a home team in Premier League history. There was never any chance of Guardiola complaining about his players being brutalised. Not one foul tackle in the whole game. Gutless ba$tards.

If Saturday brings a similar showing then Allardyce won’t get home safely. Harry Catterick and Blackpool springs to mind.

They could do us a big favour by extending the season ticket deadline by 24 hours or they could always sack the tw@tt on Friday and I’ll sign up immediately.

Does anyone think he’ll still be here at the start of next season?
Report Captain carnage April 3, 2018 9:25 PM BST
Would be very surprising if he was sacked?

He has done the job he was brought in to do and his first couple of signings have done reasonably well.

Yes, we are still abysmal but that stems from prev managers/director of football issues.

We will surely remain awful to watch for another season or two. If the owner is game enough to invest another
150-200 mill we may have a team abale to challenge for 5th-6th in a season or two.

I think you could put all the managers who would be possibles in a hat (including this one), keep drawing different
ones out and you would probably get almost the same results in the mid-long term.
Report DaSizzler April 4, 2018 2:21 AM BST
ill be amazed if big sam is still here next season
i imagine the early season ticket sales must be down from last year
that wont go down well

i see the american fella whose building the new stadium was over with some sketches
all looks the part hope it comes off
Report steveoc April 15, 2018 1:16 PM BST
TTT
Report Value Seeker April 15, 2018 6:19 PM BST
Long trip for another shocker. Just poor. Sam just ain't the answer and given that I see no point in prolonging the agony.

Surely Moshi must see this. I can't see him being here next season.
Report Value Seeker April 15, 2018 6:22 PM BST
I noticed that it sold out yesterday in the end about Thursday having gone on general sale.

However there were loads of empty seats. A bit of a puzzle. Do people buy the tickets to keep up their away credits and the likes of supporters clubs, etc get them but not use them ??
Report miscreant man April 15, 2018 6:28 PM BST
I've had my fill of it all. I can totally understand why people say he has done the job he was brought in to do. In reality, he doesn't have the fans backing and it will only end in tears, the moral in Finch Farm is terrible; it started with Koeman and hasn't got much better under Sam.

Nothing but him shown the door and getting a fresh, hunger manager with new ideas will silence the growing discontent. All the talk from Sam is ensuring he gets his final pay off - he played a blinder in getting the extra 12 months and lets be honest you have to ask questions of Moshiri in allowing it.
Report miscreant man April 15, 2018 6:34 PM BST
morale*
Report mafeking April 15, 2018 7:36 PM BST
says it all about you this season that huddersfield will fully expect to secure another season in the prem by beating you in a couple of weeks
Report Captain carnage April 18, 2018 9:20 PM BST
Do any of you genuinely think we would have as many points as we have now or more IF from the point Allydyce took over -

1) Koeman stayed in charge.
2) Unsworth was still in charge.
3) The watford fella took charge.
4) Mourinho, Guardiola, Hughes, Pulis or Ancelloti took over.
Report Captain carnage April 18, 2018 9:21 PM BST
My answer would be

1) No fuuucnng way.
2) Absolutely no fffuccng way.
3) No way.
4) Maybe one of them would get lucky, probably Pullis and we would have the same/shade better points.
Report Captain carnage April 18, 2018 9:26 PM BST
What I like is that probably none of those managers would have taken Rooney off in the Derby even though he is showing week in week out what anyone with a brain knew at the start of the season. The poor fella is completely shot and it is embarrassing seeing a once `great' player perform like an old man each week.
Report DIE LINKE April 19, 2018 10:27 AM BST
When BFS is given the push in May, he can at least remove that chip from his shoulder and say he was given a chance at a big club. Although he has spent the past 5 months talking the club down with comparisons with Newcastle, West Ham, Burnley (until they went 10 points ahead) and WBA!
Report PillHead April 19, 2018 2:30 PM BST
If Sam hadn't arrived we would probably be relegated by now. He inherited a load of rubbish with little chance of improving them this season. I don't know who is going to be better.

Be careful who you wish for.
Report temple April 20, 2018 7:03 PM BST
Sam has done his job, but hasn't won the fans over and has offered little for us to look forward to.
If he stays that would immediately put us on the back foot for next season and he would be unlikely to see the season out.
But before we sack him, have the new man lined up, make behind the scenes enquiries for the man/men we want, let's at least try and look like a club who knows what their doing.
Report gotitwrong- April 20, 2018 7:34 PM BST
perhaps moshiri has had a word with wenger about his next job ?
Report Dav_vin03 April 21, 2018 7:55 AM BST
Real danger of a relegation battle next season unless drastic changes are made to the squad

Could get rid of up to 75% of the current first team playing squad, masses of dead wood

They would include -
robles (not good enough)
baines (past it, been on the decline for years)
jagielka (past it)
williams (past it, never good enough)
keane (not good enough)
bolasie (not good enough, to inconsistent)
ramirez (looked dreadful when given his chance)
rooney (past it)
mirallas (not good enough)
martina (not good enough)
mccarthy (not good enough)
niasse (not good enough)
klassen (not good enough)
besic (not good enough)
garbutt (not good enough)
pennington (not good enough)
schneiderlin (not good enough)
Report TheGoldenVision April 22, 2018 9:58 PM BST
Has any team/club, aspiring to success, ever ended up with such a second rate bunch of personnel?

The next moves by EFC will be critical. In fact it's quite scary to think of where we could end up.

Don't blame Allardyce for any of this. He was employed with one remit which he's fullfilled. This team was beyond dross when Sam came on board and he has done what he was employed to do.... keep us up. A lot of people would say that wasn't a difficult task but never forget the absolute dire, sunday pub football team performances that this crew were demonstrating week in and week out. I'll never forget those Europa league games... ever.

It may be beyond him to propel us forward but credit where it's due.

Whither next for Everton?

The questionairre debacle looks like it could be more of the same, and for years to come.

Why do we get it so wrong?
Report TheGoldenVision April 23, 2018 10:22 PM BST
I seriously hope that Moshiri announces his full support of Allardyce for next season.

Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth all would have taken us down and no other manager of note would touch us with a barge pole.

Dyche? Why the fwck would he want to go from vibrant, positive and forward looking club to take on a dying sh1thole of a team with an infantile moronic fanbase?

"ALLARDYCE OUT!!!" You w@nkers. The only reason, only reason, Everton will be in the premier league next season is down to Sam Allardyce.

I hate to say it but if you Evertonians want to see a proper team, with a proper footballing ethos, then watch BT Sport tomorrow night.

Think I'll give my emotions to Marine now.
Report Solano1 April 23, 2018 10:28 PM BST
MM will advise what Moshiri thought when he returns from the boardroom. Silly

Well done lads.  BFS tactics v Rafa away always likely to lead to a drab affair but thought you just edged it.  Brilliant, brave clearance by Seamus at the end.
Report miscreant man April 23, 2018 10:37 PM BST

Feb 3, 2018 -- 6:32PM, Captain carnage wrote:

I will have to hold my hands up - I got it wrong.NO TO FAT SAM - please just f ooof and take the midgeet kopite with you. Managla - WTF. Everyone on planet earth knows hes rancid.Toshun  - 29 mill on someone who cant get in ahead of Niasse.Schneidalin - Absolute wrong un. Why doesnt he just let him rot in the stiffs and send out a message.Keane -       Just give him away on a free or pay the useless plank off.

Professional hedger imo

Report Can't Catch Me April 24, 2018 11:38 AM BST
I think you are right TGV. I genuinely cant believe the bile towards him, and Im hardly his biggest fan.

This is the table since Sam arrived:

Man City   Played 20  Points 50
Liverpool  Played 21  Points 45
Spurs      Played 20  Points 44
Man Utd    Played 20  Points 42
Chelsea    Played 20  Points 34
Everton    Played 21  Points 30
Arsenal    Played 20  Points 29

Banners asking him to leave the club? Really poor form.
Report miss.wales April 24, 2018 5:11 PM BST
CCM

You're a pi$$taking fcuker and no mistake.

Come back when you've won something other than the League Cup in the last 12 years.
Report TheGoldenVision April 24, 2018 10:03 PM BST
Temple
let's at least try and look like a club who knows what their doing.

That is not going to happen. I desperately want it to happen, please God let it happen, but history suggests we'll fwck it up again.

At least I saw Alex Young stride the Goodison turf... that helps.
Report miscreant man April 28, 2018 5:40 PM BST
In Sam we rust..
Report Dav_vin03 April 28, 2018 9:41 PM BST
Mangala's agent is after £150k a week for his client

don't do it Everton, you have wasted enough on garbage that you will struggle to move on, don't waste anymore

Also, anyone else hear the Rooney rumours today? His agent is seeing what interest there is in him, one last move before his legs completely go?
Report TheGoldenVision April 28, 2018 10:54 PM BST
I'd sooner rust than rot.

We need to stabilise and get solid and then push on from a solid base.

Last seasons spending on poor, over priced players has shown the fallacy of trying to buy instant results.

We'll probably finish 8th/9th... how rubbish is this league?

Hopefully Sam goes all out for the cups next year. Lets get some silverware into the cabinet.

Slow, small steps with a vision.

COYB
Report miscreant man April 29, 2018 5:36 PM BST
I take your point with Sam but if you,as I do, believe it will end in tears then we must start again now and begin those small steps with a man who will be here in the long term. Sam won't be here long term.
Report mafeking April 29, 2018 5:45 PM BST
he's a 40 point merchant at all costs. anything else is very much secondary. that's not what you're after, surely ?
Report miscreant man April 29, 2018 5:56 PM BST
Absolutely and no he isn't what most fans want to see at a club of our stature. The season Arsenal have had and the outlay from Moshiri should have seen us make in-roads into the top 6 and make Goodison a place where the top 6 feared coming. Instead, its been a disaster. I could well see Sam making Goodison difficult again and cementing a top 7 place but it won't be pretty and there's no mileage in him, similar to the people who are supporting him from inside; Baines Jags and Ferguson. Let those three sink in and wonder.

We have spent big and gone backwards. We need a young, hungry and dynamic manager. A Manager who will improve individuals and believe in his vision. Sam's a dinosaur who shouldn't be at our club - and in all honesty, he shouldn't be in football.
Report mafeking April 29, 2018 6:40 PM BST
absolutely. trouble is 7th is pretty meaningless these days if it's 20 odd points behind 4th and the rest of the league are as poor as you can possibly imagine. even arsenal are starting to lose touch with the rest of top teams

beggars belief the number of times this season you've been utterly humiliated and even by some really average teams
Report miscreant man April 29, 2018 7:34 PM BST
Aye, tbf, he has stopped that but the only people wanting him are old pro's and those with a vested interest. Jags and Baines were top players and I'm happy for them to still play a bit part but I'm always sceptical when players past 30 are advocating for a poor performing manager to stay.
If Sam had made strides in games playing the top 6 or eben if he related to the fans at his after match interviews - he hasn't and he's treated fans like they know nothing. He's lost them already and there can only be one outcome. 2 games and set the pre season up whilst on wages and then begin talks with the new man (I suspect its already done).
Report Dav_vin03 May 2, 2018 10:07 PM BST
Looks like Sam is going nowhere

Hopefully he can get rid of 50% of the squad in the summer and bring in his own players.
Report Swagger May 5, 2018 2:38 AM BST
Unsworth managed his last game at Everton against West Ham resulting in a 4-0 win.

He left Everton in 13th position with 15 points from 14 games.

The next game was home against Huddersfield who have lost 11 of 17 away fixtures, the subsequent home win took Everton to 9th position.

Realistically after the West Ham victory, Everton would have needed 20 points from 24 to stay up...I think Stevie Wonder would have got the job done.

The squad seriously lacks quality but the amount of dross in the league is worse.

Ultimately Allardyce has fulfilled his remit but in reality I think Everton should be hoping to achieve more than defending on their 6 yard box against weak sides and avoiding relegation.

Unless I am wrong?

There's no smoke without fire. There is a reason why Newcastle, Blackburn, West Ham and now Everton fans all called for Allardyce to be sacked. If they want to watch a team play in the style of a pub team then they can do that on a Sunday in any Amateur Pub league for free, they don't have to pay £30+ for the pain for every 90 minutes.

Clueless against the top sides and only beats the dross around him which = never going to win a trophy.

Also, how many of the teams in the current bottom eight were able to welcome back one of the Top 3 right backs in the Premier League and spend the best part of £50 million in January?
Report Captain carnage May 6, 2018 12:46 AM BST
`Fake news alert' - Swaggers about.

Alladyce had been appointed on the day we played West Ham with Unsworth saying `thank goodness we have a manager about to be announced, we needed direction after the complete calamity of Southampton away' The pressure was off you clowns. He was at Newcastle no time.

Did Allydyce improve Blackburn, West Ham, Everton eeerrrr Yes.

Did Blackburn, West Ham go downhill after he left, eeeer Yes.

We were bottom half of league/potential relegation candidates under Martinez/Koeman/Unsworth. We will never be that under fat Sam. But he has to go because
we defend a point first, the go the win later. Surely far better to concede and then go for for a heroic point/win later.
Report Captain carnage May 6, 2018 12:51 AM BST
What I liked when he joined was that he said he could win a trophy at Goodison. Something that would make him proud and hopefully may young evertonians
who o have not witnessed that for 24 years!!! Fcccking 24 years.

No, we are now like Tottenham/Newcastle - in fact any random team out of the 100 in the leagues. The fans want to see some pretty football every 2 weeks at Goodison, thats all that matters.

The Kopites win Champions Leagues. Not the prem, the league cup the fing Champions League.

We want a manager that wants to play nice football - win, lose or draw. Everyones happy.

RIP Dixie, Catterick, Howard etc. Turning in their grave aint even half of it.
Report trevortricky May 6, 2018 8:36 AM BST
I can’t watch what I’ve been watching this year next year it was truly soul destroying
Report miscreant man May 7, 2018 11:19 AM BST
7 days to go...

Silva.

My only question is whether is 'legend' will survive the cull.
Report Tinytim May 7, 2018 12:34 PM BST
Hope or a bit of knowledge?
Report miscreant man May 7, 2018 1:10 PM BST
Vs would say it's hope that kills you. My mother used to say a little knowledge is dangerous.

My one question to you: Have I ever let you down with my guesses?
Report Swagger May 8, 2018 11:01 PM BST
Captain Carnage - have you been on the weed again!?

You answer your own question in that did those clubs you mention get relegated with Allardyce...and did they get relegated after Allardyce left - yes! Because those clubs got so institutionalised in playing HORRIFIC football that when a new manager came in to try to get the players passing the ball 10 yards on the deck in order to progress forwards those teams all struggled and suffered as a result.

So according to your philosophy Everton should just hump the ball forwards and defend on their 6 yard box next season, such a style these days has absolutely no chance of winning a trophy but hey at least Everton would have circa 40 points come June.

Teams do not have to play such dreadful football to scrape 40 points! It isn't 1801 it's 2018...

How have Bournemouth got on with Eddie Howe?

How have Brighton got on with Chris Hughton?

How have Crystal Palace got on with Roy Hodgson?

How have Leicester City got on with anyone not called Allardyce or Pulis?

It's actually ok for teams to attempt passing football on the deck with a relatively modest budget.

Also you brushed over the fact that Allardyce spent the best part of 50 million in January - how many of the teams in the bottom half spent that much in January?

Whilst Baines isn't the player he was, he is still experienced and positionally astute so to largely have him and Coleman from January onwards was also a huge bonus which had nothing to do with Allardyce.

With regards to what Unsworth said about the arrival of Allardyce - he was essentially being Batman. He had to say it for the good of the club even though he clearly didn't believe that Allardyce would do a better job than himself. Remind me again how many home league matches did Everton win under Allardyce? The Europa league matches were completely irrelevant so he used those to find out more about the new players and give a few of the youth players some experience. He effectively did a lot of the leg work for Allardyce before his arrival including finding a winning formula with the midfield balance against West Ham which was subsequently adopted by Allardyce in future games.

With the club safe, why didn't Allardyce play Vlasic or Klaasen in an attacking central midfield role against Southampton? Rather than finding out potentially useful information during the summer he played the box to box midfielder Davies who should have played over Gana or Schneiderlin not in a creative central midfield position.

Let's blank out the beatdowns at the Emirates and White Hart Lane and focus on the glory of a hugely fortunate 1-1 draw at home against Southampton cheered by Sammy Lee...

I just want to see Everton play football with an identity, with a philosophy, with a plan, with a mentality and belief of being able to compete and beat any team on their day complemented with a passion and commitment for the club. That doesn't mean to simply play a deep defensive line with ten men stuck behind the ball relying on the opposition to make a mistake/score a header from a set piece to win a game of football without any intention of actually playing football to win the game. That is a negative mentality of not losing a game which has a ceiling in terms of achievement. I want to see a positive mentality of the team trying to win a game of football, not in a careless manner as a team can still play good football at times against the so called bigger sides whilst playing in a pragmatic way - look at how Brighton deservedly beat Manchester United last week compared with the embarrassment Everton displayed under Allardyce against Manchester United at Goodison earlier this season.

Brighton have a set plan, a philosophy, they play the ball out from defense and really allow their centre backs to express themselves, especially Dunk. They build up the play and are very clever with their attention to detail all over pitch yet they still play football when they can and that's from a seriously limited budget.

I'm bored of writing so much as you won't take any of it in so it's just pointless.

I would be interested to know what other Everton fans think.

Do you side with Captain Carnage and his way forward or is it more in line with mine?
Report Dav_vin03 May 8, 2018 11:32 PM BST
If Sam does get sacked, he will always be able to argue it wasn't his team and he never had the huge benefit of a pre season with the squad.

Koeman has a lot to answer for
Report Captain carnage May 8, 2018 11:43 PM BST
Swagger Ive got to be honest I am happy to discuss with rational people the pitfalls of Allydyce etc but your post is 98% drivel.

Do you really think Howe/Hughton or Hodgson would do better at Everton over the next 3 years compared to Allydyce?

Vlasic and Klaasan should never get anywhere near a prem teams bench who have pretentions for a top 7 finish - grow up.

`I just want to see Everton play football with an identity, with a philosophy, with a plan, with a mentality and belief of being able to compete and beat any team on their day complemented with a passion and commitment for the club.'  I am sure 100% of fans and staff (including any manager of any club in world football thinks the same). Your just talking inane, obvious, 606 phone in style garbage.

All that matters to me is that Everton win games and are `successful' - which to me means winning a trophy over the next couple of years and not being relegated. Improving out possession stats and getting admiring glances from tourists and tottenham/newcastle fans I'll leave to your fantasies.
Report DIE LINKE May 9, 2018 9:13 AM BST
Winning a trophy under BFS is pure fantasy as he'd have to beat two of the Top 5 to do so. His Triassic tactics are more likely to result in a     
3-0/4-0/5-0 defeat than a 1-0 win with your only shot on goal.
Report Swagger May 9, 2018 2:25 PM BST
Captain Carnage...
How could my last post be 98% drivel as I stated a lot of factual information in my both of my posts over the past week.

If you dispute facts then that's your look out.

"I just want to see Everton play football with an identity, with a philosophy, with a plan, with a mentality and belief of being able to compete and beat any team on their day complemented with a passion and commitment for the club" - I think that statement applies to Bournemouth, Brighton and Crystal Palace under Howe, Hughton and Hodgson respectively. I assume your question is a rhetorical one as of course all three of those managers would do far better at Everton over the next 3 years compared with Allardyce.

Everton will never win a trophy with Sam Allardyce as manager for the exact reasons Die Linke highlights above.

Your comment above of "Vlasic and Klaasan should never get anywhere near a prem teams bench who have pretentions for a top 7 finish - grow up"...
Both players were in the squad against Southampton but Vlasic started the game and played just shy of 60 minutes out of position (wide midfield) and Klaasan was flung on for the final 10 minutes. 8th place was already pretty much wrapped up before this game so again, I do not understand why a manager would not make selections to find out further information in preparation ahead of the following season.

I will state more facts for you Captain Carnage which you will dispute because, well you have some random obsession with Sam Allardyce.

Since Everton won the FA Cup during the 94-95 season the following teams have won the FA Cup: -

Arsenal x 7
Chelsea x 6
Manchester United x 4
Liverpool x 2
Manchester City x 1
Portsmouth x 1
Wigan x 1

Usual suspects obviously plus...Portsmouth and Wigan. Both of those sides played football on the deck and were able to win a trophy. Stoke reached the final but obviously their donkey style was never going to cause Manchester City any problems unlike Wigan a few years later.

Your response will no doubt criticise Roberto Martinez and how Everton would have been relegated with him as manager longer term (something which is wholly subjective as there is a difference between hovering around 11th and actually being relegated). Also, remind me again, who was the manager of Everton when they reached their highest points tally in the Premier League of 72 points? Could you see Sam Allardyce accruing 72 points as Everton manager?

Of course I'm not adcocating bringing back Martinez as his refusal to replace a liability in goal and polish up on defending set pieces were big mistakes amoungst several others but his first season in charge was in line with how I would want the club to move forward.

For that reason I would like Everton to bring in Mikel Arteta. He has built up nice experience as Assitant Manager over the past 2 years of working with Pep.

I think he would be worth the risk and he would surely keep the right characters in the backroom staff like David Unsworth who would help develop the youth players in line with the senior players.
Report miscreant man May 12, 2018 8:21 AM BST
Wayne gone, hopefully Sam too, reasons to be cheerful..
Report Dav_vin03 May 13, 2018 12:25 AM BST
in allardyce's defence, he has played a few of the kids
Report TheGoldenVision May 13, 2018 5:15 PM BST
A woeful ending to a woeful season.

"Never in the field of football have so many been so disappointed in such a short length of time"...

Or

"If Everton football club lasts 1000 years supporters will still say, "This was absolute cr@p"".

More worrying, if anything can get any worse, is Mr Moshiris seeming lack of ideas, vision and/or direction!

Whatever happens at Goodison, it should happen tomorrow.

COYB
Report TheGoldenVision May 13, 2018 5:21 PM BST
Thank God we finished outside the Europa league places. Imagine having to go through that embarrassment againBlush
Report TheGoldenVision May 13, 2018 5:33 PM BST
Since 1995 (all comps) Everton Football Club

Played 77
Won 0

CryCryCryCry plus 73 others.
Report ac May 13, 2018 7:54 PM BST
Lets be honest, am not a sam man, but he can not take all the blame for this season, cc  makes some good points i.m o, i dont want sam here  next season but who do we bring in, mm any input.
Report miscreant man May 13, 2018 7:57 PM BST
Silva.

I agree with CC but the aim of Moshiri is higher and rightly so.
Report Dav_vin03 May 13, 2018 11:39 PM BST
Moshiri lacking leadership this season, doesn't help the rumours he is only a front for Usmanov

I think Silva would be a worse choice than keeping Allardyce we need someone who stays around at a club and builds and that certainly isn't Silva who tends to buy the majority of his players from 2 certain football agencies
Report Shab May 14, 2018 10:09 PM BST
If Sam was going he would have gone today.........
Report Shab May 15, 2018 12:41 AM BST
Looks like he has gone. The announcement to be made officially later.
Report tobermory May 15, 2018 1:57 AM BST
£6M pay off for Sam.
Report Captain carnage May 15, 2018 1:05 PM BST
One of the rare few who get a deserved payoff after outperforming what was expected of them but still getting the heave-ho because the punters in the bleachers are restless/psychotic.
Report miscreant man May 15, 2018 6:35 PM BST
I never knew Moshiri sat in the Top Balcony Laugh

He was paid to do a job I don't believe needed doing and got his rewards.Fair play. However, as one player said yesterday, '' At least we'll now get a manager who will spend some time on the training ground with us'' and us fans can go into next season with a little hope. To continue with Sam would have been have depressed the match going fan even more than he is already.
Report TheGoldenVision May 15, 2018 6:49 PM BST
When this period in Evertons history is put down in writing I sincerely hope that Sam is accorded the gratitude he richly deserves.

Memories will dim and people will shrug their shoulders whilst proclaiming we weren't that bad and that we didn't need "saving" but they'll be so wrong it'll be scary.

This was a collection of professional footballers who couldn't even do the basics properly. They couldn't pass the ball 4 yards nevermind 40, there was a defence which literally sh1t themselves when the opposition attacked and strikers who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

That initial run of results from July through to Sam arriving will be seared into my brain. They were beyond abyssmal.

Words can't describe how awful that group of players were that he inherited. The fact that he managed to get something from them was down to him and him alone. In fact it was a fwcking miracle.

Thanks Sam... enjoy your dosh because, by Chr1st, you deserve it... and more.

Be careful what you wish for fellow Evertonians... because you might just get it!

COYB
Report TheGoldenVision May 15, 2018 8:03 PM BST
Anyway, we're all blue noses for better or worse and we all want the best for this great club. We've all got our memories and our hopes for the future... let's hope that future is bright.

Nil satis nisi optimum.
Report miscreant man May 15, 2018 8:31 PM BST
Memories will dim and people will shrug their shoulders whilst proclaiming we weren't that bad and that we didn't need "saving" but they'll be so wrong it'll be scary.

Cry

Anyway, we're all blue noses for better or worse and we all want the best for this great club. We've all got our memories and our hopes for the future... let's hope that future is bright.

Happy
Report miscreant man May 15, 2018 9:06 PM BST
New board announced, new manager announced shortly, kit available all summer, Rooney off, hopefully more of the deadwood to follow.
Report TheGoldenVision May 15, 2018 9:16 PM BST
Back to reality. Thems that know, know better. The rest of us can only guess, usually wrongly, but who'll stay and who'll go??

Surely there'll be a huge clear out this summer... players past their best, players who never had a "best" to begin with, players on loan coming home and the need to reduce wages to allow for more "incomers".

I hope we do early business before the World Cup skews all the figures but early business with a plan would be nice.

I assume Silva has kept a low profile since January after being tipped the wink and can only guess that he'd want funds to sort this lot out.

Let's hope the news of Sam going is followed 30 minutes later by the news of a new manager... please do it right this time.
Report TheGoldenVision May 15, 2018 9:17 PM BST
Haha... MM you read my mindLaugh
Report miscreant man May 15, 2018 9:46 PM BST
TGV

I have had chance to get my head around Silva - Tom Cleverley is another matter...
Report Captain carnage May 15, 2018 11:13 PM BST
Absolutely spot on GoldenVision with your post about how last season will be viewed.

However, there will likely be a big problem going into next season. The problem is Fat Sam got us many more points than this set of players warranted. I can guarantee the new manager will not realise how abysmal a squad we have. They will see we finished 9th and give plenty of the utter dross in this squad game time next year.

You can expect to see Keane play regularly early season. He will lose us plenty of points before hes axed. Bainsey will play even though shot. Schneiderlin will play even though he is a rat. Youngsters who will never make it in the top 6-7 of the prem like Davies, Holgate, Calvert-Lewin, Vlasic will be given opportunities until jettisoned to Middlesborough or Forest. Bottom tier prem players like Bolasie, Niasse, Mori will get plenty of game time.

We will not buy 3 centre halfs and a left back which is the minimum required. We will not buy 3 more midfielders and not buy 2 qaulity centre forwards.

Expect much of the same next season. Lets just hope we don't find ourselves in trouble trying to play `nice' football with a team incapable of getting points. It could well be groundhog day again with Tony Pullis drafted in to save the day and this time he wouldnt get sacked after producing what he was asked to do.
Report Value Seeker May 16, 2018 10:25 AM BST
He’s gone then and seems Silva is on the way in.
Report Yahoo May 16, 2018 11:12 AM BST
Allardyce laughing all the way to the bank.
Report Blackrock May 16, 2018 11:25 AM BST
Allardyce was rightly brought in to do a job and he did it. You boys know far more than me about EFC, and you are well within your rights as fans to request a new manager,  it is YOUR team after all.

Remember Silva had a great start at both Hull and Watford before the results turned sour. If you are as poor as you say, then its not such an easy task to create the right balance between entertaining footy and  actually winning games.
You don't want to be playing the likes of Millwall the season after next.
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 16, 2018 1:18 PM BST
Approach Silva, get threatened with a huge fine and possible points deduction, faff around for a few more weeks and then get Moyes back.

You heard it here first.
Report Captain carnage May 16, 2018 7:51 PM BST
Any inside knowledge on the legend that is Marco Silva lol.

All I can see is he did well in Portugal/Greece - the equivalent of the scottish prem. Did well in a very short spell at Hull when no pressure on and did relatively poorly at Watford.

Seriously, what on earth do you expect him to do at Everton thats any better than the last few managers?
Report miscreant man May 16, 2018 11:13 PM BST
CC

The message from within the training ground is Ronny & Sam didn't believe in long training sessions to be productive. The top 4 clubs(and Chelsea) spend far longer on the training ground.
Just spending time on the training ground will be an improvement!Afternoon sessions unheard of for the last two seasons - only the stragglers spent some time with Duncan, the others had left long before.

Sure he's a gamble, but hes a tracksuit man, the right age and he seemingly gets his squad to buy in to his methods. All players like to play football the right way, they'll get that, be fit and from the mutterings from his previous players he's one they remembered fondly. I'm happy to give a chance.
Report Dav_vin03 May 17, 2018 7:38 AM BST
marco silva, the jury is still out

i expected eddie howe (3 promotions) or rafa benitez (numerous trophies) to get a look in
Report TheGoldenVision May 17, 2018 10:03 AM BST
Benitez for me. Proven winner everywhere and stylish.
Report Captain carnage May 19, 2018 11:36 PM BST
Ok mm good points. Truly shocking that a few hundred million business allows its key personnel to just turn up part time during the week!

Benitez just doesnt wash. Excellent manager but wining the Champions League for the red sssyyytee is too close to home.

BUT what about another former Red who is not as closely associated with them, in fact I think his drive to get one over them
would endear him to evertonians like we havnt seen. He was a whisker away from winning the prem with a lpool side who the couple of years priot were also rans. He has done everything asked of his at Celtic. Is a proven winner and did well before the kopite gig. I think I could stomach him!

Any thoughts?
Report TheGoldenVision May 20, 2018 10:47 PM BST
Good article in the Sunday Times re.. Ademola Lookman. Remember him?? Apparently he's been setting the Bundesliga "alight" and Leipzig want to keep him permanently.

Let's hope we don't fwck up our involvement with this kid.

Maybe a new boss will recognise his undoubted talent and motivate him in a Royal Blue shirt.

Somehow I doubt itCry
Report Dav_vin03 May 29, 2018 11:48 PM BST
Silva to be announced tomorrow is the rumour

Was the hold up Watford's complaint to the premier league?
Report TheGoldenVision May 30, 2018 9:23 AM BST
As the fans didn't want SA preferring to be entertained, let's hope we don't become the most entertaining team ever to be relegated.

I can't see too much in Mr Silvas record to be excited.

But, WTF do I know
Report miscreant man May 31, 2018 3:25 PM BST
I wonder if our answer to Terry McDermott will survive..
Report the geek June 1, 2018 12:08 PM BST
the answer is yes mm,he can put some cones out.
Report Value Seeker June 1, 2018 2:44 PM BST
I’m happy with Silva. He’s a good age and his record before coming to this country reads well. He did well at Hull with a minuscule and bang average squad and nearly saved them. Watford he started well and tailed off badly after our approach. That is my biggest worry. They were shipping goals massively and he didn’t seem to be able to resolve that. I don’t want another Roberto but I’m happy, as I was with Roberto, to give him a chance.

I’ve heard people suggest he doesn’t hang around long, well if he fails then so be it, if he succeeds and a bigger club comes calling then we’re in a better position and progress is being made. Not a concern to my mind.

Happy with the new D of F, hope he can I still a philosophy and direction into the club. Last summer had no direction, it felt that way at the time as well. Had no problem with the signings of Sandro, Klassen and Pickford, all a good age and would get our money back but thought we over paid for Gylfi and we just didn’t need Rooney. Keane concerned me as he’s slow and that and Williams worried me.

Not hindsight. Keane again is a decent age so you’d expect to get your money back even if he doesn’t reach hoped for expectations.
Report Value Seeker June 1, 2018 2:45 PM BST
Hope he can INSTIL a philosophy......
Report Dav_vin03 June 1, 2018 5:02 PM BST
Problem now is shifting upto 15 members of the first team squad
Report TheGoldenVision June 1, 2018 11:17 PM BST
I'm pleased to hear him say he intends to sort out the w@nkers who hid behind last seasons instability without helping at all.

If, stood as an outsider, he's recognised what went on at this club and he holds those t0ssers to account, he'll do for me.
Report miscreant man June 3, 2018 2:55 PM BST
I don't think its a question of looking from outside inwards more of him being well briefed for the past fortnight. The pictures last week were over a week old! Tomorrow will see a better press conference a view on what both new lads feel.

Rooney has gond and also heard Morgan is too.

From the little bits i have heard the future is youth, in terms of development and recruitment. I hope so, its music to my ears.
Report Captain carnage June 3, 2018 9:02 PM BST
1) We will be lucky to get a set of nets and goalposts for Keane. Just write off the 26mill and tell him to find another career.
2) `I have heard the future is youth, in terms of development and recruitment'. Surely in the top 5 football BS cliches. Which `youth' players we have will
have top 6 class impact on this season within the next 3 years? I havn't seen any evidence of one?
Report Value Seeker June 4, 2018 10:41 PM BST
Captain, you are correct. It’s easy to say, a good sound bite and as you say our current crop of youngsters may be good but are they good enough ?

Kenny got a decent run but didn’t quite look the part
Davies has regressed massively in this last season
DCL has ability but you just never feel confident he’s going to score.
Holgate I thought was coming along nicely and was surprised he didn’t get a run.
Lookman looks good and I was disappointed to see him go on loan.
Benni I need to see more of but looked very tidy when I saw him in the U23’s.

Who have I missed ?
Report Captain carnage June 5, 2018 8:51 AM BST
Would any of the top 6 take any of these players even at a massive discount. The answer is an emphatic NO.

Kenny will be championship/lower prem at best. Davies will need to improve plenty to have a career in the prem.
DCL is nowhere near prem class. Holgate is nowhere near prem class. Lookman would have a chance of a prem career
based on his German form but the last 2 managers could not have him on their mind. Benni doesnt look anything special. Dowell had big impact on Championship at times last season and must have some sort of chance of a prem career.

You missed Pickford. He will have a prem career but whether he becomes a top 6 class keeper is still open to plenty of debate.

If we want to challenge the top 6 over the next few years we need to pull up plenty of cash and buy young, hungry players with strong mental strength who have shown form at the top end of the top leagues.
Report miscreant man June 5, 2018 9:06 PM BST
The one thing I believe Silva will give us, is players to play in the their best positions and freedom to express themselves. Whether you rate Calvert-Lewin or not it isn't fair to judge the lad playing right half or left half, he's a striker! Leaps well, has pace and can cause the best centre halves problems with his constant running. Like CC, I don't believe he will reach the top on what we have seen so far but I do hope he plays centrally and we can judge him as a striker and not someone who will shut a flank off and help his full back out.  If he doesn't show well West Brom and Villa are sure to come knocking for 12 months and we can judge again - he cost £1m quid we are sure to profit even if he doesn't develop and hit the heights with us.
Report Dav_vin03 June 13, 2018 9:08 PM BST
struggling to shift players is the rumour
Report Si-K June 13, 2018 11:12 PM BST
Thats what happens when ya pay **** massive wages
Report Tinytim June 14, 2018 9:07 AM BST
Wolves away first game.
Report TheGoldenVision June 14, 2018 10:28 AM BST
That's a good spread of fixtures unlike last seasons horror start. That's one excuse out of the window.

COYB
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now