Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
06 Oct 14 19:18
Joined:
Date Joined: 09 Jan 11
| Topic/replies: 11,788 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
I make no claims to being a winner ,indeed like most punters I have had and still have  much more losing bets than winners ,but remember years ago when working at one of the old London markets ,there was a guy that took bets ,he was a flash b,stard who loved mocking the workers when he took money off of them through their losing bets ,I started betting with the fooker but as he was such a sarcastic bs,tard I took it personaly and was determined he wouldn't get the better of me and studied like  fook and  researched my bets intently and ended up taking a good whack off the khoont nearly every week sure I had the odd loser but the winners were hurting the fekka and a few of the other lads were weighing in with good advice and were also starting to win ,after about 6 weeks he cried enough and claimed he had made enough money and was retiring so no more bets so that ended . strange thing was once I started betting with the bookmakers things went back to normal i.e plenty of losers and couldn't get into the frame of mind to put the time in to study as I did with the flash fooka ,got me thinking if I could treat betting as if I was betting with the flash fekka would I start winning consistently ,sadly its not as easy as it sounds ,but a good reason why I was winning was I got into the frame of mind where I took betting with the flash fooka as a personal battle .

another reason why a lot of punters lose is because in their minds they don't care enough if they lose as the likelihood is they have readily available money to fall back on so losing a few quid is not really much of a problem as they know they have back up so to speak .

anyone else have any theories as to why so many punters lose money ?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View top 10 reasons why the majority of...
Show More
Loading...
Report Darlo Bantam October 6, 2014 11:27 PM BST
Easiest example is just look at the amount of people on here who basically confess to chasing. Like Greg_Gory posted above, slow and steady wins the race - and that doesn't mean winning back your losses with your next bet.
Report kenilworth October 6, 2014 11:32 PM BST
It's all about getting the value, beating the margins.
I do it by basically trusting my recognition of wrong
prices, and that takes discipline and patience, especially
the latter.
Report brassneck October 6, 2014 11:43 PM BST
if you have a good staking plan it will slow down the losses,but if you punt without a staking plan you will lose quickly,whatever you chose will determine the speed at which you lose.Gambling is a maths system that will beat you in the end no matter how good you are at it.unless or course you come up with a maths system of your own that can beat the bookie system.but you will never win gambling on form or stats.many have tried and the numbers  equal the many numbers that have failed.but you will win the day you get the correct  maths formula.
Report CJ70 October 6, 2014 11:57 PM BST
Go with your gut feeling. If you know the team you support are better than their opponents back them full bank.

Not entering into the spirit of this am I?
Report brassneck October 7, 2014 12:16 AM BST
we all do it cj,thats why we love it.Grin
Report ilikewavingatbuses October 7, 2014 12:42 AM BST
No patience

Too greedy

Careless with their money (esp if theyre winning)

Treat winnings like its not real money, its the 'bookies money', which is a facking joke!

No staking plan, and if it goes t!ts up.... chase!

Making money isnt easy but what lets most people down is their state of mind, they actually get  used to losing and almost expect it, then they are not surprised when it happens.

-----------------------------------------

Have a plan, research your bets and dont put money on something youre not very confident about, cut out all the sh!t and only bet on events you have 100% confidence in. Trust your own judgement and bet accordingly.

OCT 18th Man City at  home to spurs and are 4/9, this price is stupid imo, I make them a 1/20 shot so, this is an example of a confident bet, i will have a much larger bet than normal on at this price, yes i understand they might lose and thats ok but u must take advantage when YOU feel its the wrong price.

GL
Report Greg_Gory October 7, 2014 12:44 AM BST
brassneck 07 Oct 14 00:16 
we all do it cj,thats why we love it. Grin



unless odds on away from home Laugh
Report ccmac1975 October 7, 2014 8:27 AM BST
great comments .best one graveyards and dead certsLaugh.discipline kills me.and not taking advantage of modern in running betting where i can get out when making nearly all profit for no risk but see my backs cruising and get greedy and they go on to lose when i had chance to collect for say 80 percent of what my total profit would have been.i am trying to change this as if i cant get it right soon i may consider quitting after 20 odd years gambling.i know i can pick winners at certain sports just need to learn when to get out in play at tennis darts etc.also trying to modernise my thinking at say football where i simply used to bet teams to win or lose.been looking at other markets and been playing with under 2.5 goals and seem to be just ahead over last few weeks
Report Tony Broke October 7, 2014 8:58 AM BST
lack of patience is no 1 imo. Like me now looking to see if there s a game on at 9 am! you may all-but know the given likelihood of something at 7 45 but you just don't want to wait.
Report FOYLESWAR October 7, 2014 9:18 AM BST
in reality this thread should read top 1,000 reasons punters lose money ................how many times have you seen or been the guy in the bookies say " I am having a good bet on  this certain horse or team " I am well in front and I am playing with their money" or words to that effect ! well its not their  money its yours  you won the money so its yours ,the bookies  and layers on here are banking on  rash impulsive bets to boost their profits ! we have all done it and most will continue to do it ,its the rush of excitement that gambling gives you  gamblers will understand when  as a certain  harry finlay said" gambling its the best game in the world the highs and lows cannot be found anywhere to match it "one minuete down the next up in the stars ,but if we can try to contain discipline and patience then it could be profitable or at least punters would lose less .
Report Clarky9 October 7, 2014 10:01 AM BST
Why are we trying to educate everyone?

If there were no losers then there would be no game...
Report FOYLESWAR October 7, 2014 10:16 AM BST
clarky as everyone knows there are 99.9 % winners on here Laughjust thought the other .1% would like a feel of winning all the time, seriously though very few will stick to any of these reasons highlighted on this fred !
Report FOYLESWAR October 7, 2014 10:20 AM BST
tony we are all guilty of impatience and impulsive bets last sunday I bet on the arc de triomphe it was 8/1 the field early doors and you could make a case for at least 3/4 of the field ...............why did I bet ? ... like the bloke who when asked why did he climb Everest......... cos it was there !and yes in did my dough !
Report ccmac1975 October 7, 2014 10:34 AM BST
That reminds me of my weekly golf bets .i check the exchange daily from monday and know some of my selections are creeping up in price up until tee off on a thursday yet i have not got patience to hold of till late wed night and need my line on for at latest tuesday night wed morn lol
Report ccmac1975 October 7, 2014 10:35 AM BST
Robbing myself out of yet higher odds
Report rogerthebutler October 7, 2014 10:38 AM BST
I haven't read every post on this thread but I think the answer is 'because that's the betting business model.'

There has to be more losers than winners because, well, the opposite can never happen!

The reason for this is that deep down, most punters don't care if they lose in the long term (of course, in the short term they do as evidenced by the number of rants you can hear around the bookies or on these forums every time Jamie Spencer holds one up too long). Punters like 'the action' more than they do winning and it's the hope and expectation they enjoy rather than necessarily winning.

As many have pointed out, winning requires discipline, patience and hard work - anathema to most punters I'd say.
Report Clarky9 October 7, 2014 11:38 AM BST
Yeah, the vast majority of people who bet are paying for the 'buzz' essentially and are not that worried about winning or indeed losing.
Report brassneck October 7, 2014 12:15 PM BST
One big reason why most gamblers lose is because it costs a lot of money to learn how to gamble.think about it,if somebody placed every bet you have done in your life time on front of you it would more than likely show a big big loss.It is the losses that make you sit up and start  to get serious about your gambling.
Report degsy42 October 7, 2014 12:19 PM BST
thats why the chinese are good at gambling , take c0ck fighting , if you have a bigger c0ck then surely you are gonna win, no brainer
Report brassneck October 7, 2014 12:27 PM BST
most Chinese gamblers work as a team.before they set out they divide the total bank between them,and help each other out during bad runs.They also have a collector who moves about and takes some of the profits of the winners for  the rainy day.because they work as a team it can be difficult for bookmakers to beat them,
Report FOYLESWAR October 7, 2014 2:20 PM BST
also punters don't like to admit when they lose ,stand outside a bookies and ask em coming out if they have won or lost you will get plenty of winners and most will say "i broke even or very small loss ,not many will say I done my brains , also count the amount of boooooooooooooms on these threads  when a bet comes off ,don't think theres been a slogan for a losing bet .......... i will be the first to invent a retort for  a loss ..................h ow about .............phhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttt  one things for sure phhhhhhhhuuuuuttttttttsssss will be as rare as rocking horse shyte on freds
Report kenilworth October 7, 2014 4:42 PM BST
brassneck, please describe in detail
''a good staking plan''.
Report Coachbuster October 7, 2014 5:28 PM BST
most hooked punters are still trying to win back that £5 they lost years before
Report The Dragon October 7, 2014 6:56 PM BST
drinkCry
Report brassneck October 7, 2014 9:44 PM BST
Hi Kenilworth,there are many good staking plans ,one is
2 units
2 units
4 units
4 units
6 units
6 units
returning to the start once you hit a winner,you also return to the start if you have 6 losing bets.but there are many on the internet.big gamblers use this one but increase units x by 10.
Report Blockfire October 7, 2014 9:52 PM BST
Another good reason why punters lose bets is because the humans on the pitch can not be assed to score! Laugh
Report brassneck October 7, 2014 9:57 PM BST
Apart from Bobby Zamora who said he was sorry for the overs backers on his web site,when he missed an opener at 2-0 with 5 mins to go.Grin
Report brassneck October 7, 2014 10:12 PM BST
Kenilworth ,just to explain this is not my staking plan(I did not invent it)but it is tried and trusted,it stops a guy from blasting his bank and it stops him from chasing,the two simple rules are go back to the start once you hit a winner,and start again if you hit 6 losers.erery time you run it and hit a winner regardless of price you must start again.but be assured it sounds  a funny way to punt but it is remarkable how it can clear a loss it you stick to it.happy puntingCool
Report duffy October 7, 2014 11:55 PM BST
Everyone knows why most punters lose is through a lack of patience and discipline and all the talk about staking plans and maths is all very well but it's all bollox in the context of getting a gambler to adhere to that sort of thing because they are people that have an addiction and all sense and careful planning will inevitably go straight out of the window when things go wrong....telling someone who is a gambler to stick to a plan when it goes t1ts up is a bit like telling a junkie to ration the drugs going into their arm and take it easy a bit from time to time!!!

Everyone chases one way or another when things go wrong....even guys in profit chase...the just have more luck when doing so...or have to do it less often.
Report brassneck October 8, 2014 10:25 AM BST
I have to agree with you Duffy ,I only posted the above staking plan,because it is very difficult for it to be broken down .more so on backing football teams,each time you go through a losing round your loss is 24 units,run twice you lose 48 units,but you get 12 throws of the dice to get a winner,it is simple in form and it is a simple way to regain losses without chasing,it also controls patience and discipline,and is impossible for betting exchanges to break down.you also have a 33% chance of winning every selection.lets say its a simple staking plan for winning on the maths of gambling.but like all staking plans you must land on a winner or it will go pear shaped.but once you land on a winner it controls you.Grin
Report rocknmoll October 8, 2014 11:24 AM BST
So many ways to make it work, but as you say Duffy, it's discipline. It's making a cool headed decision when you're on a bad run.  Same way top golfers don't try and hit a shot to nothing when they hit a bad one and find trouble. It's course management. They break it down into individual shots.  Whats gone is gone, whats to come is to come. You should only ever deal in the here and now, and don't alter from the plan.  Easier said than done.  I have a couple of good staking plans, they yield results if I give them time. However, if I take a bad one, or worse a run, invariably I go for the quick fix, and if you play that game long enough you'll get burnt. Every time I chastise myself and tell myself it wont happen again.  It's going back in day after day, bet after bet, and remembering that next one could be the one that loses so don't deviate from the plan and don't get cocky.
Report kenilworth October 8, 2014 8:30 PM BST
Brassneck, you say this staking is tried and tested,
but by whom? I say avoid it like the plague. try it with a
few consecutive favourites around 1/1 each and see how it
works, the nicest I can say about it is that it I not a
good idea. If it was, it would close every casino.
Report PBK October 8, 2014 8:59 PM BST
How many people will have say £40 on a 6/4 shot but only a tenner on a 5/1 if you fancy the 5/1 why not have the same £40 as you would at 6/4 ? The bookies/odds compilers can't be right all the time so if you fancy it BACK IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report kenilworth October 8, 2014 9:19 PM BST
You should have a reason for making a bet,
and fancying it I not a reason.
Report GTFI October 8, 2014 9:30 PM BST

Oct 8, 2014 -- 8:30PM, kenilworth wrote:


Brassneck, you say this staking is tried and tested,but by whom? I say avoid it like the plague. try it with a few consecutive favourites around 1/1 each and see how it works, the nicest I can say about it is that it I not a good idea. If it was, it would close every casino.


a favourite is hardly 1/1 to be fair Kenilworth.   thats like saying a head is 1/1 and a tail is 1/1  (2's)   neither are favourites

Report PBK October 8, 2014 9:31 PM BST
Just making a point mate if your prepared to lose x amount then bet the same amount regardless of price !
Report GTFI October 8, 2014 9:33 PM BST
I understand the staking etc mate,  and tbf,   I might even try it,  seems reasonable to me,  its almost martingale system but doesnt quite go that far
Report songsforthedeaf October 8, 2014 10:36 PM BST
If I could put it in 3 rules it would be:
1) Study study study. You need knowledge to win
2) Stake sensibly
3) Be emotionally detached from your bets, or any outcome, as possible

Remember ANY BET can lose, dont throw your plan out the window because you think something is a dead cert.
Report songsforthedeaf October 8, 2014 10:36 PM BST
I am good at 1), okay at 2) but terrible at 3, thats why I usually end up losing :(
Report brassneck October 8, 2014 10:48 PM BST
gfti,try using it in a bookie office and you will be chucked out the first day,of course it works ,do the maths.
Report kenilworth October 8, 2014 10:52 PM BST
A 1/1 chance almost always favourite, it's
seem you are splitting hairs here, so I will
be clearer...try the staking plan with a series
of real bets at 1/1 each and see how it works
out. GL.
Report brassneck October 8, 2014 11:01 PM BST
the system is not based on prices,it is based on winners,the rule is there to take you back to the beginning once you hit a winner,in other words you can not chase or you can not blast a selection you fancy, it controls the amount you bet from the start.once you start it you are locked into it.if you get a winner at any time you must go back to the original stake.you can do any amount you want at the start for example 200 first bet,but you need 2400 to go through the first round,but as long as you get one winner in six the system rule takes you back to the start.
Report brassneck October 8, 2014 11:10 PM BST
Kenilworth,now be fair with me,you asked me for a staking plan,i give you one of the best,and then you come back on and knock it before you try it.it only one of many staking plans,but I assure you if you can get one winner in six games regardless of price the plan will show a profit as it runs.
Report brassneck October 8, 2014 11:34 PM BST
Some people can back 8-10 winners on a day and still lose money,thats why a staking plan is a must,because no matter how good a gambler is he will have a bad run.
Report GTFI October 8, 2014 11:47 PM BST
brass,  just to be clear,  2,4,4,.....   is that stake those amounts or to win those amounts?
Report Darlo Bantam October 8, 2014 11:51 PM BST

Oct 8, 2014 -- 11:10PM, brassneck wrote:


Kenilworth,now be fair with me,you asked me for a staking plan,i give you one of the best,and then you come back on and knock it before you try it.it only one of many staking plans,but I assure you if you can get one winner in six games regardless of price the plan will show a profit as it runs.


"Regardless of price"? Really?

Report brassneck October 9, 2014 12:08 AM BST
yes darlo,regardless of price ,because a winner 1/10 or 100/1 still brings you back to the beginning of the plan,its not difficult to work out.
Report brassneck October 9, 2014 12:24 AM BST
2,2,4,4,6,6,after a winner start again.(20,20,40,40,60,60,if you are a medium size punter)(200,200,400,400,600,600,if you are a high roller)first bet (not lay)is a unit of 2,second bet unit of 2,third bet unit of 4,fourth bet unit of 4,fifth bet unit of 6,sixth bet unit of 6.if all lose you run it again .you must revert to the beginning and start again every time you back a winner.the plan saves up all you winning as you go along,because it controls the amount of your next bet.in other words you have 6 chances to back a winner.so be careful with your selections.the best advice is to start small until you build up a few grand and then go bigger.the plan as it works does the chasing for you so you are never under pressure,it will iron out the losses,but like all plans you need winners to keep it going.
Report GTFI October 9, 2014 12:36 AM BST
Thanks for that brass,  i will start using it on my "bankers"  as they more often than not win,  it should be a decent system :)
Report brassneck October 9, 2014 12:44 AM BST
gtfi,put 84 aside ,and start with 2,2,4,4,6,6,The 84 quid will give you 4 rounds (24 bets if you go on a disaster run)but I assure you it will make money for you,and you will see your bank  balance grow.make sure you go back to the start of the plan every time you hit a winner.as you go along you will want to get back to the beginning because you then have another 6 goes to get a winner.
Report brassneck October 9, 2014 12:45 AM BST
sorry 96 aside.
Report Darlo Bantam October 9, 2014 3:01 AM BST
Maybe I'm being incredibly stupid or totally misreading your plan, but if you pick odds on selections and getting an awful strike rate, that staking plan is just going to lose you money hand over fist.
Report kenilworth October 9, 2014 8:32 AM BST
Darlo is spot on.
Report brassneck October 9, 2014 10:37 AM BST
darlo,its a staking plan,it not a system to beat the odds.alex bird staking plan only allowed him to have 2 bets per day.it is there for people who loss because of bad money management,Some people think that because a team is 2/5 they should put more on because its odds on.and put less on if a team is 8/1.all it does is restrict a guy from chasing or from over backing when he is on a good run.run the system and see how it goes for you,you do not have to change your betting pattern ,you can back what you like when you like.it will tell you how good a gambler you are.if you can not win using this plan the its time to give up gambling ,because your strike rate would have to be very poor for this plan not to work.
Report DAFFODIL1 October 9, 2014 11:11 AM BST
1, Poor money management, without a proper staking plan you will lose irrespective of how many winners you pick.

2, Poor knowledge, never bet on anything you don't know about.

3,Never chase, no punter has a 100% strike rate

4, Never employ Gamblers Fallacy, if you don't know what it means,look it up.

5, DISCIPLINE.
Report brassneck October 9, 2014 12:00 PM BST
I think we should call this staking plan the "kenlworth plan"because it has no name,if you google staking plans for gambling you will find many.for example=KELLY,MARTINGALE,DOPLER,but there are many many staking plans.i only posted this plan because it has only a couple of rules.Most of the other plans have a lot of rules attached.It is very helpful for people who get plenty of winners but still seem to come out at the end of the day showing a loss.my reason for calling it the Kenlworth is because he asked for a good staking plan and this is one of the best.i hope it helps anyone who wants to be serious about their gambling.And I hope I did not offend my mate Kenilworth for calling the plan in honour of him .Grin
Report brassneck October 9, 2014 12:10 PM BST
by the way my final word on this is a message to all posters."Sometimes when a guy goes fishing he can get lucky and catch a big salmon"happy punting lads.CoolCoolCoolCoolCool
Report Darlo Bantam October 9, 2014 12:17 PM BST
but I assure you if you can get one winner in six games regardless of price the plan will show a profit as it runs.

My last word on staking plans at least. Plain bullsh!t.

Fishing or not, putting such claims up could just lure people into a fallacy they can't lose money.
Report PBK October 9, 2014 12:22 PM BST
"Sometimes when a guy goes fishing he can get lucky and catch a big salmon"



NOT in my local canal SadSadSad
Report brassneck October 9, 2014 12:25 PM BST
good man darlo,if you had a brain you would be dangerous.
Report brassneck October 9, 2014 12:32 PM BST
I have a word for you to look up darlo.its called Karma,now the best way to argue with a fool is to ignore him ,and I think I will take that advice.have a good day.LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report brassneck October 9, 2014 12:53 PM BST
Darlo,if you get time listen to a song called affirmation recorded by Savage Garden,it willcheer you up.Happy
Report lurka October 9, 2014 2:09 PM BST
Forget about gambling. Learn how to trade
Report songsforthedeaf October 9, 2014 2:31 PM BST
A rough calculation on what bankroll and betting frequency you would require to be a pro.

To make a living off gambling, £20k profit a year seems a good target figure. Thats £60 a day, including a few days off a year.

Lets suppose you are a very shrewd gambler and have an average of 3% advantage over the market, commission included (doesnt sound like much? Trust me, thats huge). That is, for every £100 you bet, your expectation is £3 profit.
Therefore to make £60 a day you need to be staking £2000 per day.

Now we look at betting frequency. If you make 5 bets per day, your average bet size needs to be £400. (Why not 20 bets? The more bets you place, the less knowledge you have about what youre betting on --> the lower your advantage. This whole calculation is based on the assumption of advantage.)

Whats a reasonable bet size as a % of your bank? Some say 5%, others say thats too risky. I will go with 3% as an average bet.

Therefore...if £400 is 3% of your bank, total bank = £13,300. Thats not a crazy starting bank.

I think all the numbers ive used here are reasonable (average advantage per bet, bankroll size and management). What do others think?
Report songsforthedeaf October 9, 2014 2:32 PM BST

Oct 9, 2014 -- 2:09PM, lurka wrote:


Forget about gambling. Learn how to trade


Predicting how the market will move is just another form of gambling.

Report kenilworth October 9, 2014 2:40 PM BST
brassneck, you disappoint me, I am trying to
be helpfulbut you resort to abuse, showing
me you seem to know very little about betting,
staking etc,
I could advise you on staking but you seem too
far gone to be helped. GL to you and you really
need it.
Report CJ70 October 9, 2014 2:45 PM BST

Oct 9, 2014 -- 2:32PM, songsforthedeaf wrote:


Oct  9, 2014 --  2:09PM, lurka wrote:Forget about gambling. Learn how to tradePredicting how the market will move is just another form of gambling.


In essence but not in practice. The markets nearly always moves in a predictable way, the detail is in how you take advantage of those movements.

Or indeed how you can take advantage of those who have strategies based on market movement if it is irregular.

Report kenilworth October 9, 2014 2:48 PM BST
brassneck
Joined: 13 Feb 03
Replies: 3728
    09 Oct 14 00:44
   
gtfi,put 84 aside ,and start with 2,2,4,4,6,6,The 84 quid will give you 4 rounds

brassneck, 4 rounds of your staking plan comes to 96, not 84.
Report songsforthedeaf October 9, 2014 2:48 PM BST
Its still gambling though. Your argument seems to be that its easier to make money off. Well, great. I sort of agree with you. Its still gambling.
Report UnlikelyWinner October 9, 2014 2:51 PM BST
Although the cheetah is the fastest animal in the world and can catch any animal on the plains, it will wait until it is absolutely sure it can catch its prey. It may hide in the bush for a week, waiting for just the right moment. It will wait for the baby antelope, and not just any baby antelope, but preferably one that is also sick or lame. Only then, when there is no chance it can lose its prey, does it attack. That, to me, is the epitome of professional trading.
Report CJ70 October 9, 2014 3:01 PM BST

Oct 9, 2014 -- 2:48PM, songsforthedeaf wrote:


Its still gambling though. Your argument seems to be that its easier to make money off. Well, great. I sort of agree with you. Its still gambling.


No. That's not what I'm saying.

In a sense you are correct. I am essentially gambling on the milkman to come in the morning if I want cereal for breakfast in the same way I am on the markets moving as I predict.

If you take the next weekend of Prem fixtures in a week or so I guarantee you that the market will move in exactly the same way within all games.

Report songsforthedeaf October 9, 2014 3:04 PM BST
Alright CJ, pick 5 games from this weekends fixtures. Name the price now and which way it will move by k.o. If you get 5/5 correct, I will agree that its super simple.
Report CJ70 October 9, 2014 3:15 PM BST

Oct 9, 2014 -- 3:04PM, songsforthedeaf wrote:


Alright CJ, pick 5 games from this weekends fixtures. Name the price now and which way it will move by k.o. If you get 5/5 correct, I will agree that its super simple.


I thought we might have been talking at cross purposes. The markets will move in the same way each game irrespective of the prices.

As for your challenge, you have exceptions which will illogically move in the same way each game they play, but I couldn't dream of telling you which way 5 Prem prices move.

Report brassneck October 9, 2014 6:50 PM BST
Kenilworth.i know about my error,i was mixing it up with another staking plan,i corrected it in the post below my error,its 96 quid.but when you run it you will see that you can go for months on the first 24 quid,provided you get the odd winner in six.
Report PugMunter1 October 9, 2014 7:02 PM BST
you are so full of sh!t brassneck

that staking plan needs odds of around 5/2 to even consider it
Report brassneck October 9, 2014 7:02 PM BST
Kenilworth.i think you should join Darlo and listen to the Savage Garden song(Affirmation).I am trying to be helpful to you,did you forget that it was you who asked me to post a staking plan.you are a funny guy,sometimes I think I am worse myself.why do you ask for something you don't need.i give up with you,listen to the song it will cheer you up.
Report PugMunter1 October 9, 2014 7:02 PM BST
not easy backing them kind of odds in football
Report brassneck October 9, 2014 7:03 PM BST
ok einstein
Report PugMunter1 October 9, 2014 7:06 PM BST
what kind of selections would you select on football brassneck

at odds of roughly 5/2?

the draw or over 3.5 goals?
Report brassneck October 9, 2014 7:13 PM BST
pug,read the one rule,back a winner and go back to the start of the plan,it keeps taking you back to the start,if you start and your first bet is 20 you will find with careful selections you could go 28.38.48,any number of winners ,you are not going to go out and lose every second bet. its amazing one rule and you can not read it.thay is the best I ever heard in life.LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report PugMunter1 October 9, 2014 7:21 PM BST
i have read it already you daft ****



6 losses in a row at even money will leave you up sh1t creek

i feel sorry for newbies that take your advice - your a wind up merchant
Report brassneck October 9, 2014 10:27 PM BST
pug,you are a very unhappy person I detect.relax my friend,i am just trying to help.we are all here on this forum trying to make a few quid.if you don't like my advice on the staking plan don't take it.i am not trying to imply that I know everything.i am like everyone else on here I chase bets and lose and I be annoyed with myself.lets say the staking plan helps me to slow down.i am sorry if I offended you ,I did not mean to do that.
Report brassneck October 9, 2014 10:36 PM BST
And pug,if you lost 6 bets in a row you would be down 24 quid,thats not sh1t creek.i advised to stick to the staking plan(that's what its about)if you back in 20 quids you would be down 240 quid.(sore,but not the end of the world).im sure if I give you 6 football games you would pick one winner out of the 6.the rule is to go back to the start every time you hit a winner.remember any money you make is saved,and not used because the plan tells you the value of your next bet.
Report brassneck October 9, 2014 10:50 PM BST
pug,it you want to make money on football there are many ways to do it.here is a simple one for you to try.(back overs in the games shown on sky tv)they do the homework for you.it is their job to show games with goals)you will not see 6 sky football matches in a row that end in unders.but they have a very high percentage of games ending in over 2 and a half goals.
Report Blockfire October 10, 2014 9:41 AM BST
Cheers brassneck im going to give it a try.
Report kenilworth October 10, 2014 10:15 AM BST
Some people shouldn't be allowed out
of the house unaccompanied.
Report Blackrock October 10, 2014 12:23 PM BST
Most people bet on too many different sports. Its impossible to know about them all, so stick to 2 sports and be an expert in that field. You have to study, study and study again.

Oddsmakers these days are pricing up all sorts of rubbish and are falible to someone who knows more than they do.

Leave horseracing alone as there are too many non triers, and football is difficult as officials decide too many games.
Report Greg_Gory October 10, 2014 2:20 PM BST
Blackrock 10 Oct 14 12:23 
Most people bet on too many different sports. Its impossible to know about them all, so stick to 2 sports and be an expert in that field. You have to study, study and study again.

Leave horseracing alone as there are too many non triers, and football is difficult as officials decide too many games.

My 2 Sports Cry
Report Platini October 10, 2014 4:14 PM BST
another reason is the inability to spot value, regardless of price. Price shouldn't come into it. If its value, you back it.
Report kenilworth October 13, 2014 1:25 PM BST
Platini, you are contradicting yourself, there
is only one measure of value and that IS price.
Report Johnny_Mustang October 13, 2014 1:29 PM BST
No bet.
Report bigmo October 13, 2014 2:13 PM BST
Nowhere near an expert but noticed that Turkey was one of the top bets earlier today to beat Latvia.They've lost twice scored one goal but conceded five and sit at the bottom of the table and couldn't beat them at home last time they met.Ended 3-3.

I accept they've lost to the top two in the group surely they can't be any kind of value at the prices on offer.They could of course win but what am I missing that so many seem to fancy?
Report bigmo October 13, 2014 2:14 PM BST
My point being are people betting for the sake of it.
Report Platini October 13, 2014 3:29 PM BST
just in and already hitting the no.1 spot in the charts....



betfair going down Cry
Report FOYLESWAR October 30, 2014 5:39 PM GMT
another reason is trying to bet while you are busy with something else ,ie I was trying to fix  a henry  vacume cleaner today and trying to bet and fix the fooking thing at the same time  I couldn't study properly! shoulda stopped betting ! predictably I ended up doing a fair few quid and that dopey looking **** henry had a big smile on his face .............fekkas taking the pish !
Report Charlie October 30, 2014 5:47 PM GMT
Brilliant FOYLESGrin
Report Greg_Gory October 30, 2014 6:12 PM GMT
Dont get sucked in mate Laugh
Report Charlie October 30, 2014 6:18 PM GMT
If you want a good suck get a Dyson. Sheila lives just down the road from me.
Report Greg_Gory October 30, 2014 6:29 PM GMT
Dyson with death Shocked
Report Charlie October 30, 2014 6:32 PM GMT
Just trying to help FOYLES Blush
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now