Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
02 Mar 14 00:53
| Topic/replies: 36,554 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/02/sol-campbell-football-association-england-captain

''I've asked myself many times why I wasn't [captain]. I keep coming up with the same answer. It was the colour of my skin."

Whoops
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Sol Campbell says he wasn't England...
Show More
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys March 2, 2014 12:56 AM GMT
Did he not also factor in their Homophobia Confused
Report donny osmond March 2, 2014 12:57 AM GMT
another book to sell

but i wonder if there is some truth here

the f a seem to have gone very much the other way, as if to make up for their past ?
Report Bergkamp93 March 2, 2014 1:02 AM GMT
ShockedShockedShocked
Report sj March 2, 2014 4:33 AM GMT
Sol's right I think that honkey Ince was captain for a spell when Campbell was in the side
Report noidea March 2, 2014 8:13 AM GMT
I guess being a lying two faced Judas might have been a hindrance as well.
Report topshot March 2, 2014 10:23 AM GMT
Wasn't Campbell going to go to Hollywood to become an cactor?.....thinks more of himself than anyone else does, this captain crepe goes to prove it
Report berto77 March 2, 2014 10:27 AM GMT
I despise comments like this, which infer Hoddle, Keegan and Ericsson were racist.  Perhaps the reasoning is more to do with a lack of natural leadership qualities.  Can you imagine Adams, Beckham or Terry asking to be subbed at half time after having a stinker and walking out his teammates.

I hope donny is right and he's just selling a book, rather than believes any of this bilge.
Report jermaine defonebox March 2, 2014 10:39 AM GMT
Sol sounds bit racist his self .with that comment.
If I was on the f a id have him straight in court   
Unless they have ever been charged with racism which I doubt he should shut his mouth.
Report Captain Christy March 2, 2014 10:42 AM GMT
Actually saying this is a good explanation as to why he wasn't made captain.
Report Outpost March 2, 2014 10:53 AM GMT
away back before the fa pretended that every white player was racist, there was still racism in english football.

it was well known that most of the black players in football were racist and I had heard it discussed openly in pubs where it was said that if white players behaved that way, there would be trouble. 

of course, much the same as today, they could get away with anything because of the colour of their skin.
if they ever got caught out then they only had to play the "racist comment" card and they were immediately off the hook.

now the fa are terrified to be thought of as not politically correct so they fall over themselves to try and prove that they are against racism.

unfortunately this means prosecuting white players without any evidence or simply on the word of the so called victim and so 
the fa have now become racists and totally flaunt the law just to appease all the racist pressure groups out there. 

as pele said after the evra incident "of course he's black. what colour does he think he is"
if he's ashamed of being black and considered that as an insult then perhaps that said more about evra than suarez.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? March 2, 2014 11:30 AM GMT
He is probably correct, but what he should be answering is why he didn't say anything at the time? He was quite happy to get the place in the England team and the big wages that go along with the prestige of being an England player. Effectively, he has made it worse for other players of different colours by not speaking out sooner.
Report donny osmond March 2, 2014 11:44 AM GMT
the f a say they dont pick the captain its for the manager

but didnt capello resign over issues of who was and was not allowed to be captain ?
Report mugbookie March 2, 2014 11:46 AM GMT
LONG TERM INTERNATIONAL, WORLD CUP ATTENDING, MULTI MILLION POUND EARNING PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER BEMOANS HIS LOT/LACK OF OPPORTUNITY IN LIFE BECAUSE OF THE COLOUR OF HIS SKIN....HMMMM
Report jermaine defonebox March 2, 2014 11:51 AM GMT
Didn't his greed push Portsmouth and notes county to bankruptcy   Wasn't he still demanding money when they couldn't afford to pay the bog cleaner
Report G1_Jockey_4 March 2, 2014 11:52 AM GMT
well said outpost
Report sj March 2, 2014 11:55 AM GMT
He s like a 10 year old kid over Owen being given the armband
Report treetop March 2, 2014 12:01 PM GMT
Good post outpost, Sol was a decent centre half but his career deteriorated mostly due to his own behaviour. He reminds me of Kevin Pietersen, its all about me.
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 2, 2014 12:01 PM GMT
Campbell always comes across as troubled person imo
Report G1_Jockey_4 March 2, 2014 12:07 PM GMT
id be troubled after the ref disallowed that goal v argentina (or was ot Portugal lol)
Report Storm Alert March 2, 2014 12:16 PM GMT
My favourite quote so far is:

"Because people didn't see me falling out of clubs or shagging in the alleys with different girls every week, they thought something was wrong with me. I'm a footballer, after all."

Who was he shagging on the alleys?
Report jermaine defonebox March 2, 2014 12:22 PM GMT
White Rent boy some say not me tho.
Report mesmerised March 2, 2014 12:25 PM GMT
Rio Ferdinand was captain.
Report sj March 2, 2014 12:28 PM GMT
Ince was Captain as early as '93. Campbell captained the country the same amount of times as Bobby Charlton arguement over Sol
Report posy March 2, 2014 1:21 PM GMT
he's a cheeky monkey
Report Mike Bassett England Manager March 2, 2014 3:05 PM GMT

Mar 2, 2014 -- 8:13AM, noidea wrote:

I guess being a lying two faced Judas might have been a hindrance as well.

Report efisio. March 2, 2014 3:10 PM GMT
Wouldn't surprise me if he tops himself one day. A very troubled individual.
Report 1st time poster March 2, 2014 3:16 PM GMT
a frank bruno clone
Report mesmerised March 2, 2014 3:17 PM GMT
You need to get over the judas thing, he was going to win nothing with tottenham, cam to arsenal and won the lot, Im sure he regrets leaving a club that has since gone on to win next to nothing.
Report thelatarps March 2, 2014 3:24 PM GMT
Is this guy for fluckin real?
Shoulda been england captain for 10 years?
10 years
really?
Thats right sol you were the game's most outstanding natural talent of the age.
Up there with Zidane, Ronaldo(brazil), Henry, Batistuta et al.
So much more talented than Beckham, Shearer, Adams who kept you out of the limelight.
No you werent a technically inept old fashioned english centre back whose lack of accomplishment on the ball was cruelly exposed by arguably the game's greatest ever tactician - Claudio Ranieri - in the champions league quarter final in 2004.
A man whose first touch was once ridiculed at Upton Park to the tune of 'youre worse than carlton palmer'

Honestly
the guy who wrote this was david walsh wasnt it?
the dude behind the lance armstrong book.
How could this dude smell a wrong un at first glance in cycling yet listen to this pathetic load of bollix from campbell.

Yes racism is a big problem in the uk, I can believe racist comments coming from the mouths of FA blazers but if thats the case then name names
Don't give us this wildly inaccurate argument
10 years
fluck me
Report This is for BIG Players only March 2, 2014 3:26 PM GMT
If Dolphins Were Monkeys
02 Mar 14 00:56
| Topic/replies: 4,173 | Blogger: If Dolphins Were Monkeys's blog
Did he not also factor in their Homophobia Confused
Laugh
Report 1st time poster March 2, 2014 3:32 PM GMT
its simples really sol. poor old soul,

see as wallace said people follow men not titles, and in your case as already stated at half time in one game,they,d have followed you down the tunnel into the carpark and away home
Report Mike Bassett England Manager March 2, 2014 5:08 PM GMT

Mar 2, 2014 -- 3:17PM, mesmerised wrote:

You need to get over the judas thing, he was going to win nothing with tottenham, cam to arsenal and won the lot, Im sure he regrets leaving a club that has since gone on to win next to nothing.

If he caught fire inside a full house at WHL you would not get enough urine offered to extinguish a spark.

Report jermaine defonebox March 2, 2014 10:39 PM GMT
Obvious money troubles for the man with the biggest sloping forehead evr seen..
Sad silly attempt to sell whatno one will buy.
Bankrupt in 5 and good
Report Eeternaloptimist March 2, 2014 10:52 PM GMT
What a tool this fella is.
Report Winner_Winner_Chicken_Diner March 3, 2014 1:49 AM GMT
Bit of a drama queen is Sol but bottling things up for so long is not got for mental health which is likely his biggest problem. He's on a slippery slope
Report jed.davison March 3, 2014 12:15 PM GMT
I think he's right, and I'd happily kneecap the dirty ****.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now