Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
TRFC Kev
31 Jan 14 19:52
| Topic/replies: 2,095 | Blogger: TRFC Kev's blog
Gianfranxo Zola.

If Cellino buys the club.

Despite being offered a contract personally from Abromovich at Chelsea, he kept his promise to Cellino to return to play for his home town club, Cagliari.

Cellino also tried to buy West Ham when Zola was there.

I'm not 100% sure, but I might have read they had a falling out. Whether it's true or just rumour obviously depends on Zola's chances, but they do know each other well.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Next Leeds Manager
Show More
Report MadVlad January 31, 2014 7:55 PM GMT
has McDermott been sacked ?
Report morpteh mackem January 31, 2014 7:55 PM GMT
certainly has mv
Report mexicano January 31, 2014 7:56 PM GMT
yes
Report Bish Bosher January 31, 2014 7:56 PM GMT
yep; just been confirmed
Report Try My Best January 31, 2014 7:57 PM GMT
Nice guy but if it's true the right decision. We have been terrible all year.
Report Ibrahima Sonko January 31, 2014 7:58 PM GMT
Nice fella but only knows hoof ball, still he has earnt a couple of quid in the last few years.
Report unders101 January 31, 2014 8:00 PM GMT
Do you honestly think sacking another manager is the correct decision Try My Best
Report TRFC Kev January 31, 2014 8:00 PM GMT
Zola out to 14/1 from 9/1 with Vic.

Gianluca Festa favourite at 1.33. Sardinian and ex Cagliari, just like Zola.
Report unders101 January 31, 2014 8:05 PM GMT
It's obviously Festa. He's been hanging around like a bad smell this week
Report morpteh mackem January 31, 2014 8:12 PM GMT
di canio ???
Report TRFC Kev January 31, 2014 8:13 PM GMT
Surely it depends on the take over?

I'm not a Leeds fan, so don't know how near Celiino is to taking over.

What would worry me if I was a Leeds fan is the Fit & Proper person Test. Cellino has been in prison, and has been quite controversial with Cagliari.
Report Bish Bosher January 31, 2014 8:14 PM GMT
Ross McCormack talking his way to a transfer now
Report Try My Best January 31, 2014 8:27 PM GMT
Unders101- 100% correct decision. Charlie Nicholas can go on about what close friends they are but the harsh reality is that we live in a results  industry and the results and style of play has been appalling. I wonder just how many times Nicholas and Collins have seen Leeds play this year, I would suspect very little if any at all. The fans have supported their team through some of the most dreadful football I have ever seen both home and away from a Leeds side and deserve better. People on here were saying don't be so negative when I said we did not have a hope in hells chance of the play offs when we were 6th in the league but anybody who knows anything about football could see what a very poor side we are. I wish the ex manager well because the owners have made a royal mess of things and it cannot have been easy but at times this season we played no better than a pub team. I am Leeds through and through and hope that the powers that be get their fingers out and get the right person in because the fans patience must be wearing very thin now.MOT
Report dizzydavid1 January 31, 2014 8:28 PM GMT
Anyone daft enough to appoint Di Canio deserves all they get when it all ends in tears and tantrums within two years maximum. And that's probably just about word for word what I said when Sunderland appointed him.
Report gustav January 31, 2014 8:30 PM GMT
Enterprise have now pulled sponsor deal and are demanding money back - convenient eh? What a shambles
Report unders101 January 31, 2014 8:36 PM GMT
So we have an italian crook about to take over and install an ex boro defender that managed in seria C for a few months. We then sack our manager and as a consequence, the championship top scorer and our best player by a country mile, rings Sky Sports and basically says come and get me to other clubs. The shirt sponsors pull out in protest at the decision. God knows what the rest of the players are thinking. I think you are in the minority of a very few on this one mate
Report TRFC Kev January 31, 2014 8:38 PM GMT
Some one from the Yorkshire Evening Post claiming the Cellino deal is all but done. £25 million for 75% of the club with the option to buy more.

Obviously he had a major say in the sacking of McDermott, and the reason two of his fellow Sardinians head the market for next manager.
Report Injera January 31, 2014 8:44 PM GMT
Sky have made themselves look very muggy by speaking to Mcormack (spelling?)live on tv about his future.

The bloke's an employee and should not be interviewed by a broadcaster following his gaffer's departure, with 2 hours left of the window.
Report Try My Best January 31, 2014 8:45 PM GMT
Believe me if we had carried on with the previous set up the only way was down. It's quite easy to keep blaming the owners and I do not support them in the way they have handled things but the Manager has to manage and I for one don't think he has done that very well at all. Get results like the ones at Sheff Wed and Rochdale and you are not going to last long irrespective of the situation he found himself in.
Report Ibrahima Sonko January 31, 2014 8:45 PM GMT
Bargain with that fanbase.

I guess their are still debts ?
Report unders101 January 31, 2014 8:50 PM GMT
Open you eyes mate, we are now in absolute turmoil. Anyone that thinks that decision, regardless of how bad we have been playing is in the best interests of Leeds needs to give their head a fookin shake. If you are going to the game tomorrow, you will see why you are in the minority
Report Try My Best January 31, 2014 9:00 PM GMT
The unrest will be aimed at the Owners and therefore by definition Mac will have his supporters. That does not mean he is the right man for the job. As far as opening ones eyes , at most games this season I wished I hadn't.
Report snoozedoggydog January 31, 2014 9:05 PM GMT
Can get a VERY tasty 3.2 on the dog botherers tomorrow at the moment.Brian Mac is a good guy and would have succeeded given time.Yon Italian geezer has gone through 35 managers in 20 years I bet this is the first time he,s sacked one before he,s started though
Report unders101 January 31, 2014 9:13 PM GMT
Well we are going to get someone who has only managed and failed in the italian 3rd division in charge, just because he is best mates with the new owner, so you have got your wish. I am betting in a few months you will think differently
Report treetop January 31, 2014 10:58 PM GMT
You deserve Paolo di Canio ! If it worked he could be a brilliant choice but on the other hand.......it wouldnt be boring !
Report unders101 January 31, 2014 11:15 PM GMT
It's never boring at Leeds mate. I want fekin boring at the moment Cry
Report The Philosopher January 31, 2014 11:17 PM GMT
As a Leeds fan of 30+ years - shaking my head at today's news. Would definitely take Di Canio way ahead of the new owner's mate!!!
Report Dav_vin03 January 31, 2014 11:23 PM GMT
di canio
Report Try My Best January 31, 2014 11:43 PM GMT
Just said on the bbc show that Leeds turned down 6 million for Ross from Cardiff. Should have been sold at that price.
Report Dav_vin03 February 1, 2014 12:34 AM GMT
festa - for real?
Report LucianoBettio February 1, 2014 10:19 AM GMT
Leeds United make me sick
Report scaredmoney February 1, 2014 5:16 PM GMT
Leeds have just released a statement saying BMcD still in charge

WTF is going on?
Report unders101 February 1, 2014 5:21 PM GMT
Never sacked in the first place. Sacked by a clown that never even owned the club in the first place. What a circus we are Crazy
Report scaredmoney February 1, 2014 5:24 PM GMT
ya go today unders?

my lad said they were brilliant 2nd half,played with passion for a change
Report MadVlad February 1, 2014 5:28 PM GMT
Try My Best

Try My Best
31 Jan 14 23:43
| Topic/replies: 1,477 | Blogger: Try My Best's blog
Just said on the bbc show that Leeds turned down 6 million for Ross from Cardiff. Should have been sold at that price.

^ cue a hat-trick lol Crazy
Report Try My Best February 1, 2014 6:13 PM GMT
I stand by that statement 100%. If you think he's worth 6 million you are sadly mistaken and we should have taken the money. People equate  goal scorers like Beckford for example, for quality when in reality he was at best mediocre. Everton found that out when they thought he could hack it at premiership level only to realise just how average he was and is. Ross is a far better all round footballer than that individual and without his goals this season God knows where we would be. However we need money. 6 million, he would have gone in a heartbeat if it had been my decision because the offer exceeds the valuation by a comfortable margin.
Report Bergkamp93 February 1, 2014 6:17 PM GMT
Spot on there Try My Best !!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now