Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Chris B
04 Nov 13 17:32
| Topic/replies: 118 | Blogger: Chris B's blog
Coral Football Jackpot punter sweating on an Aberdeen win tonight for 100k for a £1 bet apparently.

Good luck to him - hope he's got a few friends with accounts on here to lay some off!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Aberdeen win needed tonight for 100k
Show More
Report GLASGOWCALLING November 4, 2013 5:38 PM GMT
should be home and hosed,although partick seem to play better away from home cant see past a home win here...hope i havent put the kiss of

death on his bet...HappyHappy
Report fool proof November 4, 2013 6:30 PM GMT
Low scoring game possibly a draw,I have laid Thistle so hopefully a home win for the sake of the coral punter,and me.
Report Seeeebooo!! November 4, 2013 6:40 PM GMT
3-3
Report Platini November 4, 2013 7:16 PM GMT
Good luck to him, but I'd be laying off.
Report MC Roller November 4, 2013 7:35 PM GMT
Zola starts, again. If Aberdeen win tonight, the coral punter deserves double.
Report Achtung Baby!!! November 4, 2013 7:43 PM GMT
why the drift on Aberdeen? 1.91 now Confused
Report Platini November 4, 2013 7:47 PM GMT
because they cannot be trusted
because there's very little between 2nd and 11th placed sides
Report GEESUSS November 4, 2013 7:47 PM GMT
If you went to your local bank manger and explained the situation, do you think he would give the loan the go ahead, for say 5% interest for 50K for a few days loan?
Report Fallen Angel November 4, 2013 7:53 PM GMT
@GEEUSS, if bank managers actually did any approving of loans rather than just following what the computer tells them then the punter might be in luck! Now its likely the computer would say no Devil
Report GEESUSS November 4, 2013 7:57 PM GMT
It's no risk though, you could not even call it gambling,the bank would probably not want the publicity if it came out though.....
Report CJ70 November 4, 2013 8:01 PM GMT
What happens if you lay it off and Corals don't pay out on the winner?
Report GEESUSS November 4, 2013 8:09 PM GMT
You get it in writing from corals HQ that if Aberdeen win the bet comes in, its a winner. Simple Cool. Only problem would be if the game was abandoned and the match was settled as a non runner..
Report GEESUSS November 4, 2013 8:12 PM GMT
That would still be an issue if he had layed it off himself on here, I would imagine.......
Report MC Roller November 4, 2013 8:13 PM GMT
1-0 Aberdeen. Never a free kick though.
Report smithy91 November 4, 2013 8:16 PM GMT
Happy
Report Achtung Baby!!! November 4, 2013 8:28 PM GMT
2-0
Report GLASGOWCALLING November 4, 2013 8:29 PM GMT
  Zola starts, again. If Aberdeen win tonight, the coral punter deserves double.

.......whoops..............LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report MC Roller November 4, 2013 8:29 PM GMT
Zola makes it 2-0 for Aberdeen.

That's why I'm a useless potless fat baldie bstard posting rubbish on here.
Report wisewords November 4, 2013 8:37 PM GMT

Nov 4, 2013 -- 6:40PM, Seeeebooo!! wrote:

3-3

SurprisedScared

Report curious-cat November 4, 2013 8:46 PM GMT
why don't Coral put how many all correct punters are remaining after each day on their website ?

I had the first 12 correct but the last 2 wrong Cry

13 pays how much ? - I'm on Aberdeen.

http://sports.coral.co.uk/football/football-pools
Report curious-cat November 4, 2013 8:47 PM GMT
first time I've entered. Grin
Report kanu200000 November 4, 2013 8:56 PM GMT
i want to see pic of the luck punter who won the Jackpot (Coral PR)
Report GEESUSS November 4, 2013 9:20 PM GMT
kanu200000 04 Nov 13 20:56 Joined: 09 Jan 06 | Topic/replies: 17,729 | Blogger: kanu200000's blog
i want to see pic of the luck punter who won the Jackpot (Coral PR)

It's already been leaked..........

Report loui November 4, 2013 9:23 PM GMT
for £1 amazing how many teams, guess about 12
Report Bergkamp93 November 4, 2013 9:32 PM GMT
Nial Mc Ginn again, BEAST !!!!
Report curious-cat November 4, 2013 9:53 PM GMT
I don't know when this occurred but .........

'Coral’s Football Jackpot Has Its First Big Winner

Coral’s Football Jackpot delivered its first really big winner last weekend as mum-of-seven Kate Muir got lucky to the tune of £52,000! Not bad from a £1 stake, eh?

Whilst the Scottish barmaid will no doubt be happy with her £52,000 and will be dreaming of new cars, fancy holidays and maybe even clearing the mortgage, there might just be a tinge of regret too. Kate was just one single goal away from scooping the amazing £1m Coral Football Jackpot!

Had Norwich managed to draw with Hull instead of going down 1-0 then she would have won the amazing £1m prize but somehow 10-man Hull held on. The barmaid at the Plean Tavern said she hadn’t realised how close she came and was just delighted when Man United and Chelsea played out a draw on Monday night as that result took her win from £8,000 – not bad for a weekend’s betting – to the staggering £52k she ended up with.

What’s even more amazing is that Kate’s £1 bet was a lucky dip, generated by Coral’s random Football Jackpot computer (see below image). She said that she’s “not much of a punter” and is planning a holiday with her children and four grandkids. We hope they treat their Granny well!
'
Report curious-cat November 4, 2013 10:06 PM GMT
The £1m was paid out last week by Coral last week !

Did they keep quieet about it ?

I found this .............

31st Oct 2013

An intriguing story unfolded on Monday night, when Coral announced they could be making their first millionaire courtesy of the 1 Million Jackpot coupon. The game between Brighton and Watford would decide the fate of the winner, but it was not quite the fairytale that Coral were hoping for.

Coral 1 Million Jackpot Won

Coral made their first millionaire via their 1 Million Jackpot football coupon on Monday evening, but the winner was a syndicate formed by members of rival firm Colossus Bets, and was perhaps not quite the rags to riches story that Coral may have hoped for.

There have been near misses before with Coral’s jackpot. A 92 year old pensioner was denied only by a late West Brom equaliser versus Fulham – but still picked up a handsome £30,841.60 for his £1 stake, correctly picking 14 of the 15 results.

The Colossus Bet team staked a total of £35,000 however, covering numerous permutations across the 15 games. On Monday night, they needed either a draw or a win for Watford in order to scoop the jackpot.

With Coral and Colossus Bets going head to head with huge Jackpot style bets this season, Colossus were quick to use publicity of the win to highlight some of the benefits of their £10 Million Jackpot game, with CEO Bernard Marantelli explaining the benefits if his firms ‘cash in’ feature. This enables punters to cash in some or all of their ticket part way through games to bank some profits – a safety net not available to his group during that final 90 minutes of tension.
Report tobermory November 4, 2013 10:29 PM GMT
There was an in running thread about it here during the game
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now