Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ZingZangZong
09 Oct 13 08:29
| Topic/replies: 723 | Blogger: ZingZangZong's blog
He  adds "If I went to Spain and lived there for five years I'm not going to play for Spain."

You are spot on Jack, you would probably struggle to even get a game for Racing Ferrol.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Wilshere - Only English players...
Show More
Report freddiek October 9, 2013 3:56 PM BST
resentment. If he played for a certain other club, they'd worship him..
Report Biscuit1979 October 9, 2013 3:58 PM BST
ZingZangZong 09 Oct 13 15:50 
Ross Barkley, fantastic player. I would say he was the future of English football but that reputation has been sullied by Wilshere.

Certainly looks a top prospect.

I think Nathaniel Chalobah is going to be a top player too. Hasn't yet played for Chelsea but was very good for Watford last year and i saw him for Forest a couple of weeks ago and although it's only championship level and he wasn't even match fit, he controlled the game. He's going to be a superb player.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 9, 2013 4:00 PM BST
Lou you stick to your fish and chips :)
Cleverly may be not the most gifted souls out there but he does put a shift in and has legs which most of central midfielders dont...The mop haired player just isnt mobile enough

I just can't see it with him.  Utd one of the biggest teams in the land and England's national side ............... and the great Tom Cleverly plays for them?  I love Utd but come on let's be honest Utd fans he's very very average.
Report duffy October 9, 2013 4:06 PM BST
I think Cleverley is taking a leaf out of Carricks book, a pretty pass every now and then be it an ineffectual one for the most part gets you a long way, the fact that you aren't capable of taking players on and getting people on their heels doesn't seem to matter that much.
Report AyersRock October 9, 2013 4:07 PM BST
cleverely will end up at everton NAP
Report ZingZangZong October 9, 2013 4:09 PM BST
Nathaniel Chalobah, I will keep an eye for him.
Report ZingZangZong October 9, 2013 4:11 PM BST
Nathaniel Chalobah, born Sierra Leone, plays for England. Better not tell jack.
Report Arleystation October 9, 2013 4:16 PM BST
In future the World Cup should consist of 16 teams: Global Zone A to Global Zone P. These teams should be drawn out of a hat from footballers from any part of the planet. Then we can all decide which GZ to support and get behind our boys in the World Cup Finals. Can't waitPlain.
Report lurka October 9, 2013 4:37 PM BST
Nothing wrong with the ideal that all England players should be English but completely wrong to say that naturalised players shouldn't play or can't play. for a country with England's population and popularity of football, you shouldn't need to go elsewhere to find 11 or 22 footballers to play for your team/squad. that's not to say you shouldn't look elsewhere at the moment, but it is a reflection on the poor quality of young players coming thru that you are looking at young foreign players to naturalise.

The EPL is the problem, it is a league where clubs risk extinction if they are relegated and can't take a chance on potential very often. They all have cash and feel the need to buy established foreign players, there is too much money at stake and club owners are all money men. Compare to leagues in Spain and Germany, who are the benchmark. You should be trying to emulate what they do.

Different for smaller countries like Ireland where mass emigration takes place every 20-30 years and there are hundreds of thousands of people who could qualify to play.
Report AyersRock October 9, 2013 4:46 PM BST
After all said and done, england will qualify for the world cup as usual, the other home nations will be forced to cheer on whoever england's playingLaugh
Report Darlo Bantam October 9, 2013 4:50 PM BST
I see Jack Wilshere is being labelled a racist. I'd say that those who are using Mo Farah as a counter-argument are more racist than Wilshere in the first place.
Report 1st time poster October 9, 2013 4:51 PM BST
after only half a dozen games it seems wiltshire and more importantly wenger have given up on wilt replacing ozil or forming a central partnership with him,he,s already playing out of position even with arsenals horrendus injury list,anyone who no,s their english international history and jack wiltshire should see JOE COLE staring out of the mirror at him,its history repeating itself,
any non arsenal fans listening to the hype would agree 99% that wiltshire although talented has been the most disappointing and underperforming player
Report ZingZangZong October 9, 2013 5:47 PM BST
Darlo Bantam I have used Mo Farrah as an example of a foreign born sportsman representing Great Britain. Exactly how am I a racist?
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? October 9, 2013 5:52 PM BST
Not a fan of his, but he is English, and can say what he thinks, just like all of you are doing, and in reality, most of you are thinking the same thing.
Report Ozymandius October 9, 2013 5:55 PM BST
Ingerlund for Ingerlunders?

Is it true John Terry has this tattooed in Mandarin on his left buttock?
Report lurka October 9, 2013 6:12 PM BST
the only thing racist about Wilshere's comments is that he implied that a player who is eligible but not English shouldn't be allowed to play. That would be discrimination on the grounds of 'race' (ie non-English) if you'd call it that. It's more a country of birth issue, nothing to do with the player's actual race. But it is still 'racist'. Eligibility rules say that an English player and a foreign eligible player are just as eligible to play for England. But Wilshere says they should be treated differently purely on the ground of place of birth - that is 100% racist.

Wiggins was born in Belgium. Farah was born in Somalia (??). If they were footballers Wilshere is saying that they shouldn't be allowed to play. He is not saying Wiggins should be allowed but Farah not. Nobody would say Wiggins is not English 'race'. There is a PC industry in calling the mere mention of country, skin colour etc as 'racist'. I don't think most people, particularly in the media, know exactly what they mean when they say 'racist'.
Report AyersRock October 9, 2013 6:14 PM BST
Mo Farah is not British - he is a Somalian born nationalised Brit, there is a difference, his gene pool and his hard work is responsible for his talent, not his PE teacher at school in London who seems to be on the telly every time he wins a medal.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? October 9, 2013 6:21 PM BST
Honestly, such a silly debate.
Report ZingZangZong October 9, 2013 6:21 PM BST
Mo Farrah's father was born in England

Andy Townsend's granny owned an Irish chip shop.
Report Mike-lfc October 9, 2013 6:27 PM BST

Oct 9, 2013 -- 8:24AM, AyersRock wrote:

not a gooner but wilshere is englands best player and would stroll into the spanish sqaud

Rooney or Sturridge.

Report ZingZangZong October 9, 2013 6:45 PM BST
Re Wilshere strolling into the Spanish squad, Pep already said he had half a dozen players better than Wilshere in Barca's youth academy LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report donny osmond October 9, 2013 6:47 PM BST
what about saido berahino ?

does nf jack not rate him ?

wilshire should spend a few weeks with di canio
Report FredRescue October 9, 2013 6:59 PM BST
Probably fair to say Wilshere grew up all his life wanting to play for Engerland.

For others it is clearly a career choice to get more money Pietersen, Farah etc.
Report DonNo1 October 9, 2013 7:02 PM BST
he,s already playing out of position even with arsenals horrendus injury list

Laugh yeah wonder why Wenger put him on the left instead Arteta and Flamini Crazy
Report donny osmond October 9, 2013 7:02 PM BST
its a bit like having 11 norf landeners playing for arsenal
Report 1st time poster October 9, 2013 7:10 PM BST
so wiltshire,s now a ball winning,holding midfielder,he,ll find that difficult sat on his arse for 80 mins
Report DonNo1 October 9, 2013 7:16 PM BST
Well his best season was when he played as our deepest midfielder actually.
Report DonNo1 October 9, 2013 7:18 PM BST
Arteta/Flamini wasnt the right choice anyhow.  With everyone fit i'd be Ramsey keeping him out the team currently
Report DonNo1 October 9, 2013 7:18 PM BST
it'd
Report harry2.1 October 9, 2013 7:24 PM BST
Arguing with Pietersen now. Are all footballers thick ?
Report kincsem October 9, 2013 7:26 PM BST
Terry Butcher was born in Singapore.  If I could organise a bit of time travel I'd send Jack Wilshere, 5 7 1/2",  back to 1990 to tell Terry Butcher, 6' 4", to play for Singapore.
Report The Shiekh October 9, 2013 7:29 PM BST
well said jack,hope the powers that be listen
Report STEPTOES YARD October 9, 2013 7:30 PM BST
Perhaps he didnt put his point across well but do have some sympathy with his view.

Living here for 4-5 years without any previous links and suddenly can play for England doesnt sit well
with me.
Report FredRescue October 9, 2013 7:34 PM BST
Pietersen is a muppet. Would be playing for South Africa if it was not for their quota system. He prove Wilshere's point for him.
Report kincsem October 9, 2013 7:37 PM BST
What I don't like is players who play at under age level for one country switching to another country later.  I'm Irish, and as far as I know a few players have played for one of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, but when they couldn't get called up for the senior squad then looked up their family tree, found a relative of another nationality, and switched.
If you haven't played international before then whatever FIFA, UEFA says about qualification should be ok.
Report FredRescue October 9, 2013 7:37 PM BST
This whole debate sparked by Januzaj who has lived in England since 2011. Will probably be playing for a bigger club than Man U on the continent before the time he reaches 5 years here anyway.

Also already eligible to play for Belgium, and far more like to win something with them.
Report brendanuk1 October 9, 2013 7:43 PM BST
Adnan Januzaj scored as many Premiership goals in his first start in that competition as Wilshere managed in his first 6 seasons.

LaughLaughLaugh
Report xmoneyx October 9, 2013 8:48 PM BST
I think he should close his twitter account Laugh
Report mafeking October 9, 2013 9:30 PM BST
should be born in england, have at least 1 english parent or been educated here for a long time to qualify. he likes of kevin pietersen and mo farah fulfil these conditios

qualifying on residency is a joke really
Report dizzydavid1 October 9, 2013 9:46 PM BST
Mo Farah is not British - he is a Somalian born nationalised Brit, there is a difference, his gene pool and his hard work is responsible for his talent, not his PE teacher at school in London who seems to be on the telly every time he wins a medal.

^^^^^^^^^ Ayers Rock, you're talking out of your backside there mate. You might as well say all Man Utd's success was due to the players and nothing to do with Fergie. If you don't believe me just ask Mo, he'll give you the same answer he gave me.
Report FredRescue October 9, 2013 9:46 PM BST
should be born in england, have at least 1 english parent or been educated here for a long time to qualify. he likes of kevin pietersen and mo farah fulfil these conditios

So if you spent 1st day of your life in England and never returned
or had one English parent but never stepped foot on English soil and lived in outer mongolia your whole life
or were not born in england nor had english parents but spent a few weeks on an english course one summer when you were 15 in brighton

You think you should be eligible to play for England Crazy
Report FredRescue October 9, 2013 9:48 PM BST

^^^^^^^^^ Ayers Rock, you're talking out of your backside there mate. You might as well say all Man Utd's success was due to the players and nothing to do with Fergie. If you don't believe me just ask Mo, he'll give you the same answer he gave me.

Of course he would give the same answer, otherwise he would lose the support of the British public, and therefore sponsors and therefore wads of cash. Mo ain't dumb.
Report dizzydavid1 October 9, 2013 9:52 PM BST
Mafeking...my son was born in Japan, moved here at 2 months old, lived here ever since, speaks English as fluently as anyone who's lived here all their life and a lot more articulately than Jack Wilshere. Should he really be barred from playing for England?
Report dizzydavid1 October 9, 2013 9:54 PM BST

Of course he would give the same answer, otherwise he would lose the support of the British public, and therefore sponsors and therefore wads of cash. Mo ain't dumb.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The answer happens to be true Fred that's why Mo would give it.
Report dizzydavid1 October 9, 2013 10:04 PM BST
Bottom line is that Wilshere's comments were naive. Patriotic but simplistic. Not racist, xenophobic if you want put a label on it but probably only out of naivety. If he'd ever lived abroad he'd have more of a grasp of the idea that some people emigrate and, for various reasons, make homes in countries they weren't born in. Naturalisation, residency, dual citizenship etc, these are issues young Jack just hasn't had to consider in his cosy bubble , or at least that's the impression his comments give.
Report mafeking October 9, 2013 10:06 PM BST
dizzy, i said anyone educated here for a long time - people like laura robson, matt prior or mo farah - should be allowed to play for england

my problem is with people who come here to play sport in adulthood and then switch allegiance usually for financial reasons
Report donny osmond October 9, 2013 10:06 PM BST
yes thats probably true dizzy

trying to curry favour with some of the older members of england squad too, no doubt
Report donny osmond October 9, 2013 10:07 PM BST
even andy murray is less anglophobic these days..... money talks
Report FredRescue October 9, 2013 10:09 PM BST
What has Andy Murray ever done that can be considered anglophobic? Confused
Report donny osmond October 9, 2013 10:10 PM BST
paraguay shirt comment........
Report dizzydavid1 October 9, 2013 10:11 PM BST
Mafeking, my apologies, I didn't read your post carefully enough. And I agree with what you said about adults switching allegiance for financial reasons.
Report FredRescue October 9, 2013 10:14 PM BST
Paraguay shirt comment? Need better bait mate Laugh
Report Darlo Bantam October 10, 2013 2:38 PM BST

Oct 9, 2013 -- 3:30PM, mafeking wrote:

should be born in england, have at least 1 english parent or been educated here for a long time to qualify. he likes of kevin pietersen and mo farah fulfil these conditiosqualifying on residency is a joke really

+1. Farah is British.

Report ZingZangZong October 10, 2013 2:46 PM BST
been educated here

Judging from his interviews ad twitter account I don't think Wilshere was educated anywhere.
Report AyersRock October 10, 2013 2:56 PM BST
Re Wilshere strolling into the Spanish squad, Pep already said he had half a dozen players better than Wilshere in Barca's youth academy LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Pep already said? why on first name basis - is he a mate of yoursLaugh
Who died and made 'Pep' the Spanish boss ?
'Pep' is the luckiest manager on Earth, walks into a side that was currently the best in Spain and Europe with the best player in the world - and in his second job walks in to a side that is the best in Germany and Europe, he has yet to prove himself in my book - go and win a European cup with a side where the inherited players are not the best in Europe, you give too much credence to your mate PepLaugh

Are you for real, Mo Farah is a runner, there is no skill to running - only hard work and mental strength, coaches can take little credit for that other than that - his success is 99% down to himself. Man United's success over the years has largely been based on home grown talent nurtured by Fergie and well as his tactical nous, United have won titles when they havent even had the best team in the prem but for the manager they came good time over. A ridiculous comparison.

I'm sure you're fishing but he's never been that, media hype no thanks to one dope journo trying to make a name for himself.
Report john92 October 10, 2013 3:08 PM BST
The problems are with the grandparent rule and with residency periods being too short. The fact that he mentioned the 5 years shows that's what he was getting at.

It defeats the purpose of international football to allow the Eduardo or Phil Bardsley situations.
Report maverick October 10, 2013 3:22 PM BST
I think the people who come out of this looking stupid are those who continue to criticise a 21 year old footballer for not fully articulating a very complex issue when put on the spot in a press conference.
Report donny osmond October 10, 2013 3:23 PM BST

I'm sure you're fishing but he's never been that, media hype no thanks to one dope journo trying to make a name for himself.

it may well have been a throwaway remark , but hes well aware that he cant make any more

the point was more that money talks than his views on england
Report ZingZangZong October 10, 2013 3:46 PM BST
Pep already said? why on first name basis - is he a mate of yoursLaugh

I couldn't be bothered googling how to spell his second name and as their is only one Pep I felt comfortable you'd know who I meant.

I didn't realise you were going to get your knickers all in a twist.

And if young Jack is better than all the midfielders in the Barca academy then how come no one has ever tried to poach him from Arsenal. Jose likes to collect midfielders, why hasn't he been in for him? How poor a midfielder do you have to be to not be wanted by Chelsea
Report dizzydavid1 October 10, 2013 5:23 PM BST
Ayers Rock,fair enough, maybe the Fergie comparison wasn't a great one but it's a matter of fact and record that Alan Watkinson was of great importance in discovering Mo, turning him into a runner from scratch and setting him on the path to the top. Also, being a "surrogate parent" to him, giving him huge support over many years. My son went to one of the school's Mo attended,where he did a lot of his running in the athletics club. I don't know Mo or Alan but I've met them both and I do know people who were around watching as the story unfolded long before Mo was famous.
Report dizzydavid1 October 10, 2013 5:25 PM BST
^^^^^^^^^ and what really counts is Mo's opinion and I've heard the above from his own lips in person, and he should know.
Report brendanuk1 October 10, 2013 5:38 PM BST
Arent some of Beckhams sprogs born and raised all their life outside Engerlund Confused
Report AyersRock October 10, 2013 6:37 PM BST
I always thought posting laugh emoticons depicted the opposite of twisted knickers, sorry if I've upset you and your mate PepWink

wilshere came through the academy, much like gerrard at liverpool who is a top player especially during his peak years, there was never much mention of him joining a top foreign club, clubs dont bother knowing there's not much point in trying to convince someone to leave their boyhood idols, take Buffon for example, could have easily left when Juve were relrgated and gone to play for some champions league club, stayed true to 'his' club. Which reminds me how pointless it was was barca trying to get fabregas. That was probably a smokescreen to show moyes was doing something.

I repeat for the hard of hearing - mo farah is not British - he is a Somalian born nationalise Brit, its ridiculous for Brits to claim him - there is a reason why Africans dominate long distance running, it's largely down to genetics, he's ancestry is East African - I assure you if he has one parent who was 100% English, he wouldn;t be any good competing against these Kenyans. Genetics play a huge role in the success of some Athletes in some particular disciplines - why has there ever only been 1 single white man run sub 10 seconds flat - but god knows how many black men, the credit for his success is largely down to his genes and hard work - whoever would have guided mo farah would have helped him on his way to the top, his PE teacher just happened to be the one.

Let's keep it real and stop claiming other people's athletes as our own success story because he moved here when he was 12.

That's not to say that sports stars with African heritage all owe their success down to their roots, it all depend on certain factors, the chosen sport being the biggest one, a black man born in England, grows up to play for England after learning his footballing education here and going on to be a top player deserves to play for England, feel English and be called English. It;s a skill based sport, running and being mo farah is a completely different story altogether.
Report brendanuk1 October 10, 2013 6:57 PM BST
Crazy
Report donny osmond October 10, 2013 7:10 PM BST
how many olympic medals have somalia won please ?
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2013 7:14 PM BST
Mo Farrah is as English as Real Ale and Hit Cross Buns.

A National Treasure imo
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2013 7:14 PM BST
* Hot!
Report AyersRock October 10, 2013 7:16 PM BST
A lot more if Farah had chosen to represent his homeland rather than his adopted country.

He has an identical twin brother who lives in Somalia, they both sprang from the same fountain of love, pretty strange how one is Somalian and the other one is British.
Report donny osmond October 10, 2013 7:21 PM BST
so the genetics didnt work for the twin ?
Report ZingZangZong October 10, 2013 7:30 PM BST
To get a nice big new contract Rooney and his agent have to do two things; convince the club he is worth the money, convince the club he has other options.

If your knickers weren't in such a bunch you wouldn't have started your post with it.

Oh and Mo Farrah's father was born in Britain so he is as British as Cliff Richard.
Report gotia October 10, 2013 7:39 PM BST
anyone who speaks or write english should be allowed to play for england...
Report wildmanfromborneo October 10, 2013 7:41 PM BST
That would rule out half of England,cannot be right.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2013 7:43 PM BST
For me, Mo is the quintessential modern English man.

The WG Grace of his day, if you will.
Report ian merseyside October 10, 2013 8:15 PM BST
I totally agree with Wildman's comments.  There is no point at all in having international sport if you can pick players for your country on a technicality.  I always wonder, if you asked the likes of John Aldridge and Mark Lawrenson, who they would support if Ireland played England next week.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2013 8:20 PM BST
Ireland 100%
Report geos1 October 10, 2013 9:02 PM BST
you can understand when nations with a small population do it,but for England it is just plain embarrassing
Report mafeking October 10, 2013 9:17 PM BST
what about andy townsend then ? born and bred londoner but played 70 odd times for ireland and will no doubt be waving his england scarf in the itv commentary box tomorrow
Report kincsem October 10, 2013 11:02 PM BST
The way English football is going they will soon be checking for Irish born players with English grandparents. Laugh
Report AyersRock October 11, 2013 5:43 AM BST
ZingZangZong 10 Oct 13 19:30 Joined: 02 Jul 12 | Topic/replies: 539 | Blogger: ZingZangZong's blog
To get a nice big new contract Rooney and his agent have to do two things; convince the club he is worth the money, convince the club he has other options.

If your knickers weren't in such a bunch you wouldn't have started your post with it.

Oh and Mo Farrah's father was born in Britain so he is as British as Cliff Richard.

erm...that werent my post, so not sure if that at me.
A British as cliff richard -lmao, desperate stuff.
Report ZingZangZong October 11, 2013 9:36 AM BST
Ayres, Cliff Richard was born in India. By your criteria he shouldn't have represented the UK in the 1968 Eurovision Song Contest.
Report Biscuit1979 October 11, 2013 9:40 AM BST
mafeking 10 Oct 13 21:17 
what about andy townsend then ? born and bred londoner but played 70 odd times for ireland and will no doubt be waving his england scarf in the itv commentary box tomorrow

Not forgetting that born and bred Irish lad Clinton Morrison. Pretty sure he'd never even been to Ireland until he was selected for their national side
Report lfc1971 October 11, 2013 9:46 AM BST
There is no point in international football unless there is a nationalistic side to it,

its more interesting and intense. Really the same is true on a smaller scale with club football.
Report AyersRock October 11, 2013 9:55 AM BST
Still trying to claim Mo Farah as being a Brit, it's not even worth debating it as is ridiculous to say he is not Somalian, if here were British he would not be where he is today in the long distance running world, you're clutching at straws. Cliff Richards ancestry is British. He's not Indian.

My post at 18:37 says everything I wanted to say on Farah
Report ZingZangZong October 11, 2013 9:59 AM BST
Cliff Richards ancestry is British

Mo Farrah's father was born in England. Debate officially over.
Report maverick October 11, 2013 10:08 AM BST
tony cascarino admitted in his autobiography that his irish connections were all made up.

Even if Farah's father wasn't born here, Mo came here as a kid and grew up here. He didn't just come over because he wasn't getting in the Somalian athletic team and thought he'd stand a better chance or make more money here. He's a brit now and we love him. Conversely, Greg Rusedski and Lennox Lewis switched to the UK for purely commercial reasons and even though both have one British parent, they grew up elsewhere and I'd find it much harder to make a case for them than others who come as kids even with no british parentage.

All this just goes to show, it's an incredibly complex issue and to decry a 21 year old football for trying to give an answer without preparation in a press conference is ridiculous
Report lurka October 11, 2013 10:14 AM BST
http://t.co/13VeFMSEcO LOL
Report AyersRock October 11, 2013 10:26 AM BST
I could be born in Congo and that would make me CongoleseLaugh give me strength
Report ZingZangZong October 11, 2013 10:32 AM BST
Ayres what you are proposing is not national teams but racial teams.
Report AyersRock October 11, 2013 10:36 AM BST
I missed out the word dad in the last post...

That's not what I'm proposing and you keep deliberately misinterpreting my posts, if you read one of my earlier posts about how black men born raised and educated in a skill based sports capacity in England deserved to play for England and be called English, you will see that racial teams is the last thing I'm saying. This is very specific case, not a generalisation. Try not to bring out the race card for no apparent reason.
Report Regular Fries October 11, 2013 10:38 AM BST
Given what had happened the week previous Mav you wonder whose bright idea it was to put Wilshere up for a presser in the first place.
Report ZingZangZong October 11, 2013 10:42 AM BST
Try not to bring out the race card for no apparent reason.

and yet you said earlier...

there is a reason why Africans dominate long distance running, it's largely down to genetics, he's ancestry is East African

You are clearly attributing his talent down to his race and saying...

its ridiculous for Brits to claim him

Clearly it's not only your knickers that get in a twist.
Report lurka October 11, 2013 10:53 AM BST
Eligibility Rules are Eligibility Rules. Every country plays by them and knows what they are. They say that Farah is eligible (and I assume the fact that his Dad was born there entitles him to British citizenship?), so why all the debate?

It seems to me that the argument is more about what people think the rules ought to be....
Report lurka October 11, 2013 10:54 AM BST
ie it is irrelevant to the argument whether Farah is 'British' or not in anyone's eyes. He is eligible. That is all.
Report AyersRock October 11, 2013 11:45 AM BST
Zing, you seem to have an obsession with knickers are you not get anyWink#

Try not to bring out the race card for no apparent reason.

and yet you said earlier...

there is a reason why Africans dominate long distance running, it's largely down to genetics, he's ancestry is East African

You are clearly attributing his talent down to his race and saying...

its ridiculous for Brits to claim him

Clearly it's not only your knickers that get in a twist.

Again, you're taking things out of context, the race card is in reference to you alluding to me being racist, me mentioning genetic advantages in a specific sport/discipline based on scientific facts is hardly the same thing.

He is eligible, doesn't make him British.
Report ZingZangZong October 11, 2013 12:03 PM BST
Ayers I am not saying you are a racist. I am saying you want to base national teams on racial heritage.
Report AyersRock October 11, 2013 12:09 PM BST
And I'm saying deducing that from my posts is unfathomable. I could only explain the same thing in so many different ways, it's all there.
Report Darlo Bantam October 11, 2013 4:16 PM BST

Oct 10, 2013 -- 1:16PM, AyersRock wrote:

A lot more if Farah had chosen to represent his homeland rather than his adopted country.He has an identical twin brother who lives in Somalia, they both sprang from the same fountain of love, pretty strange how one is Somalian and the other one is British.

Pretty strange?

Hmm. Nothing strange about it.

Report Darlo Bantam October 11, 2013 4:20 PM BST

Oct 10, 2013 -- 12:37PM, AyersRock wrote:

I always thought posting laugh emoticons depicted the opposite of twisted knickers, sorry if I've upset you and your mate Pepwilshere came through the academy, much like gerrard at liverpool who is a top player especially during his peak years, there was never much mention of him joining a top foreign club, clubs dont bother knowing there's not much point in trying to convince someone to leave their boyhood idols, take Buffon for example, could have easily left when Juve were relrgated and gone to play for some champions league club, stayed true to 'his' club. Which reminds me how pointless it was was barca trying to get fabregas. That was probably a smokescreen to show moyes was doing something.I repeat for the hard of hearing - mo farah is not British - he is a Somalian born nationalise Brit, its ridiculous for Brits to claim him - there is a reason why Africans dominate long distance running, it's largely down to genetics, he's ancestry is East African - I assure you if he has one parent who was 100% English, he wouldn;t be any good competing against these Kenyans. Genetics play a huge role in the success of some Athletes in some particular disciplines - why has there ever only been 1 single white man run sub 10 seconds flat - but god knows how many black men, the credit for his success is largely down to his genes and hard work - whoever would have guided mo farah would have helped him on his way to the top, his PE teacher just happened to be the one.Let's keep it real and stop claiming other people's athletes as our own success story because he moved here when he was 12.That's not to say that sports stars with African heritage all owe their success down to their roots, it all depend on certain factors, the chosen sport being the biggest one, a black man born in England, grows up to play for England after learning his footballing education here and going on to be a top player deserves to play for England, feel English and be called English. It;s a skill based sport, running and being mo farah is a completely different story altogether.

Remind me who would have won gold had Mo Farah not won the 10k at last year's Olympics.

Report AyersRock October 11, 2013 4:24 PM BST
Somalia takes no credit whatsoever? he moves here when 12 years old and then we say he's British? lmao.
Report TheBetterBettor October 19, 2013 8:06 PM BST
MAKE IT UP AS YOU GO ALONG

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now