Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bluemanc64
27 Sep 13 14:34
| Topic/replies: 995 | Blogger: bluemanc64's blog
When they lose the feed,they suspend markets,you cannot trade out ,markets suspended for the whole of the second half.This is so wrong.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View just lost money on a game betfair...
Show More
Report mrbojangles September 27, 2013 2:46 PM BST
You should have a back up account elsewhere.
Report bluemanc64 September 27, 2013 2:58 PM BST
A betfair (fair) system would be void all bets.There is nothing fair about this.
Report TheFACE73 September 27, 2013 3:10 PM BST
DID YOU NOT MEAN TO PLACE YOUR BET ??
Report TheFACE73 September 27, 2013 3:11 PM BST
YOU MUST HAVE PLACED YOUR ORIGINAL BET BELIEVING THAT SELECTION WOULD WIN AND NOW YOU ARE CRYING BLAMING BETFAIR THAT IT DIDNT ?!?
Report Arfur Foxache September 27, 2013 3:24 PM BST
you're not the first and certainly won't be the last, its in the rules...

Please note that should our data feeds fail we may be unable to manage this game in-play.
Customers should be aware that:
Transmissions described as “live” by some broadcasters may actually be delayed
The extent of any such delay may vary, depending on the set-up through which they are receiving pictures or data.
If this market is scheduled to go in-play, but due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to offer the market in-play, then this market will be re-opened for the half-time interval and suspended again an hour after the scheduled kick-off time. Whilst it is our intention to re-open this market for the half-time interval, in certain circumstances this may not always be possible.
Report sweetchildofmine September 27, 2013 3:31 PM BST
theface..you need to remember the following adage

''better to say nothing and let everyone assume youre an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt''
Report TheFACE73 September 27, 2013 3:34 PM BST
DURR YOU PLACE A BET AND ITS SUSPENEDED. YOU LOSE, SO WHAT - WOULDNT HAVE CHANGED THE ORIGINAL BET YOU WANTED TO PLACE AT THE TIME ??
Report bluemanc64 September 27, 2013 3:44 PM BST
It's called betfair exchange,with betfairs unique selling point of the cash out facility,which I use on a weekly basis,to my advantage and disadvantage,that is the whole point of this system,it is there to limit your losses or gain the upper hand,in this case all I am saying is all bets should be void in keeping with a fair image.
Report anton66 September 27, 2013 3:48 PM BST
If the rules state that in-play can be suspended at anytime you have to be very careful if you are just betting to trade out.
Report themover September 27, 2013 3:51 PM BST
best to avoid the games where the feed is going to be lost imo
Report sweetchildofmine September 27, 2013 3:58 PM BST
you havent quite grasped the concept of trading have you face?
Report bluemanc64 September 27, 2013 3:59 PM BST
All 3pm kick offs on a Saturday normally,so the field is becoming more limited by the day.
Report Biscuit1979 September 27, 2013 4:28 PM BST
themover 27 Sep 13 15:51 
best to avoid the games where the feed is going to be lost imo

And how do we know what games these are?

They can offer up anything from a pile of womens under 19 games to lithuanian reserve matches without fail yet i've had them lose a feed for top flight matches in Norway and brazil before.

As harsh as it sounds to the OP, most of us have been there before and like us you've learnt the hard way. You need to have a back up account elsewhere just in case.
Report buzzer September 27, 2013 4:29 PM BST
All bets can't be voided because if someone had put his bet on and gone down the pub and should have won £250 imagine how he'd feel when betfair said 'Yes you're bet did win but we lost our feed and some couldn't trade out so we're voiding all bets on the match'
Report buzzer September 27, 2013 4:30 PM BST
you're=your
Report bluemanc64 September 27, 2013 4:43 PM BST
Betfair has suspended 3 more games since the game I was involved in,if you were unfortunate enough to be trading in all 6 suspended games at a loss is that acceptable.
Report CJ70 September 27, 2013 4:55 PM BST
What happens if you win in all 6 suspended games?
Report sweetchildofmine September 27, 2013 4:59 PM BST
bottom line is, if youre a trader, yes its unacceptable, but you just have to deal with it or become an outright backer/layer
Report Darlo Bantam September 27, 2013 6:15 PM BST
Any match which is advertised as in-play should be changed to unmanaged if a feed is lost. Only fair.
Report kellydamo September 27, 2013 10:53 PM BST

Sep 27, 2013 -- 2:46PM, mrbojangles wrote:

You should have a back up account elsewhere.

Same as you should regardng this http://community.betfair.com/football/go/thread/view/94070/30094829/scores-d...

Report kellydamo September 27, 2013 10:55 PM BST

Sep 27, 2013 -- 3:31PM, sweetchildofmine wrote:

theface..you need to remember the following adage''better to say nothing and let everyone assume youre an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt''

This

Report anton66 September 27, 2013 11:14 PM BST
You woudn't have an argument about this with online bookmakers re trading out but people seem to think Betfair is different, Every pound you trade in running is matched by another Betfair customer backing the opposite. Suspends inrunning have been around for a long time now. so you do take a risk.
Report Proted September 27, 2013 11:21 PM BST
Been reading this and I agree it does seem unfair and has happened to me before but if I had of placed a bet and it won and I was told it as voided because of the live feed was down I would be rightly pissd off. If you had other accounts with live in play online bookies you could always protect yourself better, wont be the same but itll do the job
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now