Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
iamajambo
06 Sep 13 12:29
| Topic/replies: 3,661 | Blogger: iamajambo's blog
A few weeks ago Virgin media blocked access to First Row but my favourite free site remains untouched as do other equally good ones.Plain
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View FIRST ROW SPORTS blocked by VIRGIN
Show More
Report themover September 6, 2013 1:04 PM BST
have you written to Richard Branson?
Report bullraider September 6, 2013 6:02 PM BST
i noticed this too
what is your favoured site?
Report ronin4s September 6, 2013 6:04 PM BST
theres always hidemyas to get a proxy to it too ;)
Report iamajambo September 7, 2013 6:41 AM BST
www.viplivesports.eu
Report Outpost September 7, 2013 8:45 AM BST
[i]www.viplivesports.e

well that's the end of that one now as well. 
any more you want to point out to BT and Virgin so they can close them down next. 

bullraider went fishing to get the names of streaming football sites that these companies want to close.
Report ronin4s September 7, 2013 10:25 AM BST
have you tried to see if they are on Facebook or Twitter?
Report Platini September 7, 2013 10:58 AM BST
For the last week, BT have blocked access to all my fav pron sites. This only happens on a wired connection, tho. Anyone else seeing this?
Report Mike Bassett England Manager September 7, 2013 11:10 AM BST
Your ISP is only obeying the terms of a court order.
The people who make these decisions do not and never will understand the nature of the internet. There are many ways to circumvent such bans.
Report Platini September 7, 2013 11:25 AM BST
any hints/tips?  i'm a technophobe Cry
Report AyersRock September 7, 2013 12:28 PM BST
use frombar tv that gives dozens of links on any one game, impossible to keep banning sites becuase its so easy to set up new sites, like a dog chasing its tail
Report Beaniash September 7, 2013 1:02 PM BST
WHAT YOU NEED TO REALISE IS THAT IT COSTS A LOT OF MONEY FOR THESE COMPANIES TO GET ISP'S TO BLOCK ANY WEBSITE THROUGH A COURT ORDER. FIRSTROW IS ONE OF 100'S OF STREAMING SITES. AS YOU CAN IMAGINE THIS IS A POINTLESS EXERCISE BY THE PREMIER LEAGUE OR WHOEVER. ITS LIKE CLOSING DOWN THE SWEET SHOP ACROSS THE ROAD WHEN THERE'S ANOTHER ONE DOWN THE ROAD.

I WOULDNT WORRY ABOUT IT
Report Over2.5 September 7, 2013 1:04 PM BST
buy a dreambox
Report Darlo Bantam September 7, 2013 1:09 PM BST
It shows you how toothless copyright laws can be on the internet anyway.
Report ronin4s September 8, 2013 8:41 AM BST

Sep 7, 2013 -- 11:25AM, Platini wrote:

any hints/tips?  i'm a technophobe

You oould try using "HideMyAs*" website, from their homepage select at the top "Web Proxy" and then enter the site you are looking for, but you need to still have the address of the site you want, it doesnt always work instantly as they are free proxies, but they do work. It has Google as its default because I think when you "go" to that Google it will not be blocking any of the sites you want to find.

Report ronin4s September 8, 2013 8:45 AM BST
Like people say they wont succeed and I agree, but I honestly wonder how thick the governments really are. I think its more likely they will pass an act in parliment under the guise of making Filesharing/streaming illegal, that will actually - in the small print- be more of use to them by taking the more important freedoms the internet has given the world and filesharing will just continue in more controlled society.
Report ZingZangZong September 8, 2013 9:58 AM BST
Al Jazeera Sports is fantastic value for £12 a month. Just get yourself a smart DNS account and away you go.
Report Platini September 8, 2013 10:41 AM BST
not sure what you mean by DNS account (that's for hosting your own website, isn't it?  ). Can you expand on that ?
Report Speedyr369 September 8, 2013 10:50 AM BST
Sky also blocked access to the previous first row sports link which ended in .eu but have you tried www.firstrowsports.bz?
Report the dza September 8, 2013 11:06 AM BST
I googled 'first row sports proxy' and a fair few links come up. Try some of those.
Report kellydamo September 8, 2013 8:29 PM BST

Sep 7, 2013 -- 8:45AM, Outpost wrote:

[i]www.viplivesports.ewell that's the end of that one now as well.  any more you want to point out to BT and Virgin so they can close them down next.  bullraider went fishing to get the names of streaming football sites that these companies want to close.

Are you serious?  Like BT Sport and Sky and their lawyers are going to troll any forums or boards.  there are 1000's out there and it takes literally a minute to buy a new domain name (which they would have already done so in this eventuality) and takes two seconds to point it to the hosted server.

Suggest you make yourself familiar with things before you comment, what's the saying? Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now