Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Raluca
15 Feb 12 13:12
| Topic/replies: 9,854 | Blogger: Raluca's blog
faster? i can't even add my games to favorites
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View new BETA BETFAIR
Show More
Report sportshall February 15, 2012 1:14 PM GMT
I dont like it either
Report Raluca February 15, 2012 1:17 PM GMT
and i opted out,but if i want to learn more about this future betfair ,as i suppose this change will be a final decision at some time,now i can't?
Report cornhuskers1 February 15, 2012 1:18 PM GMT
I felt it is slow otherwise I am ok with it. But right now, I opted out.
Report SrgtDouche February 15, 2012 1:36 PM GMT
I'm Loving the new beta page. Finally the markets and the games are organized in a much sophisticated manner. Kinda reminds me of bet365.com outlay but this one is much better and a better colour.
Report DrSanchez February 15, 2012 1:49 PM GMT
Where is this new beta page you speak of?
Report SrgtDouche February 15, 2012 1:50 PM GMT
it appeared automatically for me as soon as I went on the website. I chose to stay on it.
Report DrSanchez February 15, 2012 1:52 PM GMT
They mustn't be rolling it out for every customer just yet. Mine is still the old style Mischief
Report Raluca February 15, 2012 1:53 PM GMT
yes. it changed automaticly ,a pop-up apperead to let you know
Report DrSanchez February 15, 2012 1:54 PM GMT
I just got through to it via this link - http://beta.betfair.com/football but it still doesn't show up when I log in automatically.

Looks interesting.
Report mac3333 February 15, 2012 6:10 PM GMT
I had set up to back in blue & to lay in yellow for contrast. Can I do this on the new system?? The colour are too alike when I'm in a hurry.
Report bleedingpegasus February 15, 2012 6:20 PM GMT
I think it is faster and lighter to my PC. Have been using Firefox now because it crashes Chrome and IE so many times in the past with multiple tabs opened, but now it seems lot better.
Also loving the new Betslip. Very similar to 365.
Report FrankLloyd February 15, 2012 6:52 PM GMT
It's truly awful. We trialled it on the Community, gave them loads of feedback on what was good, what was poor, and they changed nothing. It's not even faster for me. The navigation is not logical, it takes much longer to do most things. I can't think why they changed it. I'm all for progress - the new forum is a big improvement - but what they've done just defies common sense. And yeah, Raluca, I expect they're going to make it permanent soon. Sad
Report viva el presidente! February 15, 2012 6:57 PM GMT
how do I know if I'm on this? everything looks the same, there's no mention of beta anywhere, but suddenly I can't add anything to my markets.

why they can't just make this site work then LEAVE IT ALONE after ten years is beyond me.
Report FrankLloyd February 15, 2012 7:00 PM GMT
Oh, BTW, you don't need to opt out. I'm running beta alongside classic on different windows so I can get to grips with the new stuff before they roll it out completely, while still being able to bet properly.
Report Just Checking February 15, 2012 7:09 PM GMT
Just had a look. As expected, appears to be a set of changes by people with 32" monitors who don't actually use the site other than the odd test bet, and will no doubt ignore opinon from people who've spent 100s of hours using the site.

Worse to use on any normal monitor, and will be absolutely unusable cr*p on a netbook.
Report Pandorica February 15, 2012 7:11 PM GMT
Faster?
Not when it's as pallid as feck and hard to navigate
Report Just Checking February 15, 2012 7:25 PM GMT
As forecast when they first added it they they've moved the "new" stuff from the main football market pages (stuff known to slow things down) into the sub markets, clobbered the useful space it used to use with crud and information we know to be unreliable, then said it's faster and easier to navigate. They've then added their usual acres of useless white space, and done an even worse job on the placed / open bets mess on the right that is quite neat on the old page and easily fits in with plenty of room to spare with a few bets matched - but on the new one is a scroll-off-the-bottom web design disaster looking at the exact same bets.

And they'll call this progress.
Report FrankLloyd February 15, 2012 7:32 PM GMT
Fancy - there's enough room on the coupon page for a big fat link to Multiples, where BF can coin it with their incredible prices!! Laugh
Report Corky February 15, 2012 7:40 PM GMT
I'm cheesed off with being diverted to this b0ll0x EVERY TIME I log on
Report PatrickSwaze February 16, 2012 3:25 AM GMT
I cant place bet on this stupid beta version ?

how can i desactivate this ?? Thanks
Report SrgtDouche February 16, 2012 9:41 AM GMT
I'm loving the markets... on the BETA version. Looks a lot more fancier and worth looking into. The previous one when you clicked on the match odds and full markets... the outlay was woeful and just soo plain. This is well designed. Good job Betfair Planners.
Report freebcn February 16, 2012 3:30 PM GMT
beta version is a shet
Report darrenw February 16, 2012 6:57 PM GMT
it looks good but have found it harder to navigate to where i want to be, having said that just noticed cash out option is now on 4.5, 5.5 goal markets which i like
Report darrenw February 16, 2012 7:05 PM GMT
also only seems to take 5 seconds to place a bet instead of 10, the amount of times i have gone to bet and it goes 4-3-2 suspended lol
Report Bud February 17, 2012 1:33 PM GMT
What has happened to the 'Payout' option when placing bets. All there seems to be is 'My Liability'?
Report Imastar February 18, 2012 8:54 PM GMT
Its gone.  Looks like they want to finish traders off completely. Makes it difficult to lay more than 1 outcome (with even liability) in a multi outcome event.
Report Just Checking February 18, 2012 9:01 PM GMT
It shows it to the right as "profit"?

Back Odds Stake Profit
Report Just Checking February 18, 2012 9:04 PM GMT
Takes a LOT longer for a bet to appear on new version versus the old one. Absolutely no question of that.

Old one = instant.
New one = click .. wait for it... appears.

That's on a fast computer.

What precisely IS faster in the new *cough* "improved" version
Report henok February 18, 2012 9:06 PM GMT
very bad website got to kill the webbrowser server to free up memory every 30 minutes or so
Report Just Checking February 18, 2012 9:11 PM GMT
You feel their's a grim inevitability they'll force it on everyone eventually, slow and bad as it is. I wonder what it's like on my old machine (that worked fine with the old site) give my new machine is noticably slower on it.

Maybe they've shares in API software companies? Devil
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now