Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 4 people viewing this thread.
27 Dec 10 00:11
| Topic/replies: 8,810 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 18, 2018 10:01 PM GMT
Anx you may be right I think u will draw the home leg I think they've improved since the group stage but not into some sort of top class side

It's all about opinions I can't see Spurs getting through either but as I say just my view sone decent names will be exiting at this stage

And the next round will be some good games
Report ufcdan February 18, 2018 10:04 PM GMT
I suppose I could press block user but I keep hoping hope against hope that Pushkin will come out with something original or even mildly humorous
Report anxious February 18, 2018 10:15 PM GMT
Peter i think we are capable of getting a goal its our defending lately thats worried me
Report anxious February 18, 2018 10:16 PM GMT
But they can play a bit there no mugs
Report peter the butcher February 18, 2018 10:21 PM GMT
I agree anx, even if we got beaten in Seville, we still need a goal. Like you I expect our defence to concede. Most probably in both legs
Report anxious February 18, 2018 10:39 PM GMT
peter what do reckon is going regarding Pogba , seems a strange tale and it only seems to have started since Sanchez arrived
Report peter the butcher February 18, 2018 11:01 PM GMT
Not sure anx, will find out a bit more in Seville. The local hacks will be there and they will probably know.
Report degsy42 February 19, 2018 3:15 PM GMT
i reckon its a hair issue , barber has messed up and clipped his ear with the scissors
Report pushkin99 February 19, 2018 6:33 PM GMT
charwell's post below pretty much sums up the manc fan boys on here.

charwell.  • February 19, 2018 2:09 PM GMT 

It maybe for you Anxious; but my guess is you have been poorly educated. Probably not your fault that you are unable to string a coherent sentence together.

It also perhaps explains why you are a plastic fan from some backwater, desperately clinging to the notion that supporting a successful club somehow reflects upon you, and your standing in society.
Report dr . atkins February 19, 2018 6:53 PM GMT
peter they are not very good seville
Report DeSSieReborn February 19, 2018 7:18 PM GMT
dr atkins that statement has applied to us too on plenty of days ;) nothing can be taken for granted these days Shocked
Report DeSSieReborn February 19, 2018 7:20 PM GMT
Having said that now Bailly is back I expect us to improve.
Report pushkin99 February 19, 2018 7:27 PM GMT
peter the seethe.

loves to dish it out.

but in true playground bully style, throws a massive strop and goes running and crying when someone stands up to him.
Report pushkin99 February 19, 2018 7:28 PM GMT
peter the seethe, aka as a big cry baby.
Report ufcdan February 19, 2018 9:27 PM GMT
Any reason for the last two posts ? Sad very sad
Report pushkin99 February 19, 2018 9:40 PM GMT

Feb 19, 2018 -- 3:27PM, ufcdan wrote:

Any reason for the last two posts ? Sad very sad

surely that is obvious?

Report pushkin99 February 19, 2018 9:48 PM GMT
Lol. Even I am celebrating with the Utd fans tonite HappyHappyHappyHappyHappy
Report pushkin99 February 19, 2018 9:50 PM GMT
Even Oasis playing on the PA.
Report DeSSieReborn February 19, 2018 11:15 PM GMT
pushkin you are coming across as very weird.

Hate to say this lads but there is a horse called Sevilla running tomorrow night at Wolverhampton. Also weird.
Report anxious February 19, 2018 11:17 PM GMT
i hope it falls
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys February 19, 2018 11:19 PM GMT
A supposed Arabian Stallion ran at Wigan tonight dessie..just been gelded Mischief.
Report Capt__F February 19, 2018 11:21 PM GMT
all weather
Report anxious February 19, 2018 11:26 PM GMT
Still can slip like lickle stevie
Report DeSSieReborn February 19, 2018 11:56 PM GMT
omg theres a horse called Pushkin Museum also running at Wolver tomorrow night. Theres some witchcraft at work here........
Report DeSSieReborn February 19, 2018 11:59 PM GMT
Dolph the whole ferkin stable got gelded tonight. GOD BLESS WIGAN
Report anxious February 20, 2018 12:10 AM GMT
Arabian stallion ffs Laugh
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 20, 2018 7:15 AM GMT
I think its a good thing for football in general that city lost last night

Think it's good for that particular competition also especially as it was a lower league club

Its also good for those left in the competition as it makes it easier to reach the final theoretically

Not sure if it will impact on the rest of their season in terms of results as they are comfortable in the league and the next round of the cl with a trophy on the line this weekend
Report olddesperado February 20, 2018 9:22 AM GMT
I see the FA are to investigate Manchester United fans coming on the pitch after the second goal against huddersfield.

To the best of my knowledge two kids came on and celebrated with the players.

What are the same FA going to do about Wigan Fans swarming the pitch last night ?
What are they going to do about the city fans rioting and throwing objects at stewards and police at the end ?
What are they going to do about Aguero striking a fan ?  ( a precedent has already been set in cases like this where the club takes the lead and suspend the player themselves before the relevent FA,s deliver a 3 to 6 month ban}
What are they going to do about PEP going mental again ? both on the pitch and in the dressing room. ?

The gutless BBC cut off both times when it looked to be getting ugly with him especially in the tunnel corridor when he ran across the floor shouting at someone coming in . ?

My guess probably nothing.
Report olddesperado February 20, 2018 9:25 AM GMT
Pep really has come across this last two years as a very obnoxious pr1ck.
Report ufcdan February 20, 2018 10:02 AM GMT
OD get used to it one rule for one a different rule for another. Spurs fans at Rochdale singing songs with the Y word in it which could be clearly heard, no condemnation from Gary Lineker. I suspect no police video trying to catch the perpetrators. No F A condemnation and no statement from the club. It is a bit like black rappers using the N word............no matter who's mouth it ones from is it right ? Plus I seriously doubt if any of those Spurs fans singing actually follow or practice the Jewish faith.
Report ufcdan February 20, 2018 10:04 AM GMT
Mind you in the case of Aguero he does have a right to self defence and tbf the Wigan fans should not be allowed to get onto the pitch.
Report ufcdan February 20, 2018 10:06 AM GMT
Pep really has come across this last two years as a very obnoxious pr1ck.

Them that live in glass houses..................Laugh
Report anxious February 20, 2018 10:46 AM GMT
Pep the man who can do no wrong , snarls like a wild jackal when loses or cries like a baba , in charge of city a small club who have been presented with an oil lottery , accept victory and defeat and stop complaining about your so called artists , after all this is England.
Report degsy42 February 20, 2018 4:27 PM GMT
not resorted to poking people in the eyeballs yet thank g0d
Report anxious February 20, 2018 4:45 PM GMT
The scouse love children of pep come to defend him , the fawning of the oil rig by the scousersCrazy
Report degsy42 February 20, 2018 4:55 PM GMT
glad they got beat lol , pep just not resorted to eye gouging yet
Report olddesperado February 20, 2018 6:41 PM GMT
Give him time,  the mask is slipping every defeat or questionable decision against him.
I think he's a pup to be honest with unbelievable mood swings .
Report Loanwolf February 20, 2018 9:49 PM GMT
With 2 matches to go in the last 16 knockout stage of the Champions league it looks like it will be one of the big 3 who lift the trophy in May.Do Liverpool and Spurs with a saver on City.Spurs are the only side who can live with Liverpool at the present time.
Report grumpyjim February 21, 2018 10:23 AM GMT
Barcelona put in a really tough shift last night .and had about 80 percent of the game .. all about hitting posts and losing chances off  a good strike .. we are all guilty of this .
THOUGHT Chelsea played much better when beating us early in season ..  ... Willian very unlucky .   may have changed the outcome with a rub of the GREEN  ..
Report anxious February 21, 2018 5:26 PM GMT
Big rumours Pogba will not start tonight , midfield three of matic , herrera and mctominay  , we are drifting like a barge as well
Report DeSSieReborn February 21, 2018 6:43 PM GMT
What else Young is yet again playing left back. Crazy Not watching the match.
Report olddesperado February 21, 2018 6:51 PM GMT
Shaw not even on the bench dessie Shocked
Report anxious February 21, 2018 6:52 PM GMT
crazy starting line up , and crazy subs bench , we can only hope and pray Plain
Report anxious February 21, 2018 6:57 PM GMT
Banega starts for Seville , rumoured to be injured but he starts , he is their best player
Report olddesperado February 21, 2018 7:00 PM GMT
The 3 should give us more bodies in the middle but a lot of good players left out.

In fairness all those good players didnt really click together so the some of the parts of this team could form a better unit.

All the English teams played really well so far so up to us now.

Off out for it,  catch up here tomorrow.
Report DFCIRONMAN February 21, 2018 7:01 PM GMT
Why are markets so bad?
Report DeSSieReborn February 21, 2018 7:05 PM GMT
Well I suspect punters are singing "The wheels on Joses' bus are falling off, falling off, the wheels on joses bus are falling off,  parking in sevilla"
Report anxious February 21, 2018 7:10 PM GMT
Why is shaw not on the bench ffs
Report anxious February 21, 2018 7:11 PM GMT
If we get a bad result here Jose is going to face some flak , would take draw right now
Report Loanwolf February 21, 2018 7:20 PM GMT
I am relying on Utd to do the business tonight and grind out a 0-0  zzzzzzz draw
Report DeSSieReborn February 21, 2018 7:22 PM GMT
He is clearly looking for dazzling displays from sanchez and lukaku on the break with probably very little speedy support beyond half way. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect sevilla will play the same game looking to smash us on the break and it won't be a surprise if they do. Really was hoping shaw, bailly and rashford would be starters Plain
Report DeSSieReborn February 21, 2018 7:32 PM GMT
The fcking clips of pogba BT just showed are awful. jogging about like a very slow headless chicken in midfield Shocked
Report DeSSieReborn February 21, 2018 7:36 PM GMT
Even so why the fcuk is all this time being spent slagging Pogba rather than talking about THE MATCH. Ok I'm going doing some cheltenham study I've seen enough.Devil
Report PorcupineorPineapple February 21, 2018 8:59 PM GMT
Listen, I've actually ignored the telly and found a stream for this game. Any chance your boys can start playing some half decent football. Holy moly.
Report PorcupineorPineapple February 21, 2018 9:37 PM GMT
Honestly, you boys should be getting paid to turn up. I'm angry at myself at getting sucked into thinking that would be anything but an absolute misery-fest.
Report anxious February 21, 2018 9:39 PM GMT
PP it is what it is , i would have took a draw before the game , no it wasnt the beautiful game i agree
Report ufcdan February 21, 2018 9:39 PM GMT
Well there's 90 minutes of my life I won't get back Cry is it me or did Sanchez have zero impact on the game. Thought it was a nice touch Pogba having a laugh and a joke with a Sevilla player when a corner was about to be taken. Reminded me of Roy Keane always one for a jolly up with opposition Mischief
Report zafonic1515 February 21, 2018 9:41 PM GMT
How very predictable indeed.
Taking a chance just assuming win at home.
Away goals make it interesting for me.
Not sure 0.0 the best result at all.
Report pushkin99 February 21, 2018 9:42 PM GMT
To spend £100M's on all those wonderful attacking players and yet moanrhino insists on serving up this Tony Pulis style of the most dire functional defensive safety first footie.................

Until tonite, I did not appreciate quite how low yr clubs standards had fallen.
Report ufcdan February 21, 2018 9:44 PM GMT
Tbf though your Proably in a better position to progress than we are Sad
Report duffy February 21, 2018 9:46 PM GMT
Please can we avoid the 0-0 away from home is a good result tripe too!! It's all very well if you know United are capable of dominating and then over-powering the opposition at home, but that is unlikely with this current United team, Sevilla are going top fancy a goal aren't they!!!
Report zafonic1515 February 21, 2018 9:47 PM GMT
Smallings voice almost as terrible as the display
Report anxious February 21, 2018 9:47 PM GMT
Duffy i think we can beat these at Old Trafford ffs
Report THEMONEYSHOT February 21, 2018 9:48 PM GMT
Very happy with the result(ecstatic that some of the haters had to endure the whole dire 90 minutes), confident of getting the job done at Old Trafford.
Report ufcdan February 21, 2018 9:50 PM GMT
Very happy with the result(ecstatic that some of the haters had to endure the whole dire 90 minutes), confident of getting the job done at Old Trafford

That's not nice LaughLaughLaugh
Report THEMONEYSHOT February 21, 2018 9:53 PM GMT
Soz Dan you're alright mate. While your here kante what a top player that geezer is, quality footballer, conducts himself impeccably and never gives it the big one to the ref, great signing for your lot.
Report mafeking February 21, 2018 9:54 PM GMT
as average as united are would still fancy you 1-0 or 2-0 2nd leg. sevilla got done 2-0 by leicester last year
Report Loanwolf February 21, 2018 9:59 PM GMT
Great result for Utd tonight ,job done.This correct score game following Utd is a doddle.I reckon it’s 0-0 again on Sunday against Chelsea as it’s park the bus time.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 21, 2018 10:01 PM GMT
0-0 is a strange score line in two legged affairs it gives them the draw which is not great and even when ne nil up at home only e goal away from elimination

I said last week if it's lost it will be in he home leg
Report anxious February 21, 2018 10:11 PM GMT
RP i think we can beat this mob at Old Trafford , there away form is bobbins
Report Kriskin February 21, 2018 10:17 PM GMT

Feb 21, 2018 -- 3:50PM, ufcdan wrote:

Very happy with the result(ecstatic that some of the haters had to endure the whole dire 90 minutes), confident of getting the job done at Old Trafford That's not nice

No wonder people are switching off from football when u watch a team like this playing.  One of the dullest teams u will ever see.  The EPL bubble will be gone in 10 years as more & more people switch off from football

Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 21, 2018 10:18 PM GMT
Never saw he  game but yes you might be right but hey will think they can get a draw and it's one of them were even at two down there still in it
Report sofiakenny February 21, 2018 10:18 PM GMT
another masterclass in negative boring joyless muck..wenger is an expert in failure?
jose you are an expert in inducing mass suicide due to the utter carp you produce with a massive budget
well done you must be proud of your brand of miserable dross.
Report anxious February 21, 2018 10:20 PM GMT
The time to pass judgement is at the end of the season
Report degsy42 February 21, 2018 10:22 PM GMT
only 60 quid a ticket , could of got 2 days wristbands unlimited rides on blackpool pleasure beach for that
Report sofiakenny February 21, 2018 10:24 PM GMT
anxious..is it f.. if you can tolerate this carp you do not understand what Man u stand for
fed up of excuses for this dire anti football insomnia inducing rubbish.
Report anxious February 21, 2018 10:26 PM GMT
Man U , who the feck are they , no United fan every refers to our fantastic club as man u
Report the_don February 21, 2018 10:26 PM GMT
Seville just as negative as Utd if not more so being the home team. They hardly committed any men forward and only the left winger looked to have any chance of producing something.

They have a much better home than away record so if we don't win the return leg we don't deserve to go through.

McTominay played well, very mature performance. Also the centre backs and De Gea when needed. Some of the passing was still sloppy, especially in the last half hour when they seemed to tire and we had more space.
Report anxious February 21, 2018 10:29 PM GMT
There is so much nonsense spoken was every game under Fergie a thrill a minute , no he was a practical manager in a lot of matches
Report sofiakenny February 21, 2018 10:30 PM GMT
Seville are bobbins..hth...I despair that you find this garbage acceptable..jose is a boring negative whangker.
Report sofiakenny February 21, 2018 10:32 PM GMT
anxious..who do you enjoy watching..citeh red scousers or us?..its meant to be a form of entertainment pal.
Report anxious February 21, 2018 10:33 PM GMT
Kenny we have no divine right to win , the reality is we are not going to dominate like we did under Fergus for 20 years
Report anxious February 21, 2018 10:35 PM GMT
I always watch Manchester United , even if we play badly if wants us to do well win or lose , the scousers and city i have no interest in them at all
Report sofiakenny February 21, 2018 10:36 PM GMT
you are missing the point..its the type of excitement we are producing..ie.fek all
Report degsy42 February 21, 2018 10:37 PM GMT
lying two hat , your hiding in your giggsy corbyn duvet when lpool n city smash teams
Report sofiakenny February 21, 2018 10:38 PM GMT
I wouldnt pay 50p to watch that muck.
Report anxious February 21, 2018 10:39 PM GMT
support your team win or lose have a booze
Report sofiakenny February 21, 2018 10:41 PM GMT
The king has no clothes everyone can see its true but wont admit it..utd are a disgrace..end of rant.
Report anxious February 21, 2018 10:45 PM GMT
Manchester United have never been a disgrace , 10 hail marys for you kenny
Report sofiakenny February 21, 2018 10:46 PM GMT
I will rephrase that..the brand of football we are serving up under the leadership of jose is a disgrace to the beautiful game.
Report anxious February 21, 2018 10:50 PM GMT
Whatever i hope we bore teams into defeat , the ends justify the means
Report degsy42 February 21, 2018 10:50 PM GMT
sounds like jeremy dorbyn
Report degsy42 February 21, 2018 10:51 PM GMT
corbyn
Report sofiakenny February 21, 2018 10:51 PM GMT
anxious we will have to agree to differ..love always conquers hate.
Report Capt__F February 21, 2018 10:54 PM GMT
yeah Utd way bore to death
Report anxious February 21, 2018 10:59 PM GMT
Kenny keep the faith Cool
Report n88uk February 21, 2018 11:26 PM GMT
Mourinho is getting to me tbh. Losing faith in him. Just awful, awful stuff, and sad thing is I think Mourinho will see it as job done, but reality is 0-0 is never a great away result in Europe, and we're playing with fire, albeit we will probably fall over the line.

He finally goes to the formation people have been calling for but drops Pogba anyway. He plays Mata in a line up that is obviously going to play on the counter attack so there's no pace and thus no counter attack. Young continually playing over Shaw is annoying too, constantly caught out of position, going forward will always cut back on to his right foot so it's just slow and ponderous which is a perfect description of Utd right now.

It's just too negative, he might scrape through this tie, but we're a million miles away from winning it, I feel like we are about to start slipping down the table into a battle for top 4. We're playing a bang average Sevilla side and you'd think we're playing PSG or Barcelona, so you dread to think how we will set up vs those teams, but we already know as we saw how set up vs City at home.
Report anxious February 21, 2018 11:38 PM GMT
88 again i can see your point of view but you must accept that this is the way Jose plays it in big away games, Jose will be judged at the end of the season , i agree he changed the formation but maybe he wanted herrera in to man mark banega , lets see what happens at Old Trafford
Report n88uk February 22, 2018 12:04 AM GMT
You can already judge it's lack of success over time. It might be successful in this tie, but ultimately I wouldn't say that's down to the away performance, Utd are a better side than Sevilla therefore you'd expect them to beat them at home.

But our record away in big games under Mourinho is really bad. A real lack of goals, and being honest in most of them we don't even look like scoring, it's either 0-0 or lose to nil. So whatever this is meant to be really isn't working in big games. Mourinho has found zero balance in these types of games between nullifying the opposition which we sometimes do (but tbh even that we were a little fortunate vs Sevilla given they missed a sitter) and actually posing a threat to the opposition, it's the latter which we simply aren't doing, if there's no threat, it's not a formula that can ever work over the long run.
Report mafeking February 22, 2018 2:06 AM GMT
in all probability you're gonna be in the last 8 but you'll be the team everyone wants to draw. surely that alone is a damning indictment of the team that mourinho has produced despite limitless funds at his disposal
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now