Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
27 Dec 10 00:11
| Topic/replies: 21,379 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report rommel April 22, 2018 6:54 PM BST

Apr 22, 2018 -- 6:24PM, REDUNDANT PUNTER wrote:

Congrats on making the final didn’t see game but in cup football it’s all about getting through well done and I think Chelsea also getting through makes it a better final with all the build up and stuff

what build up?

Report anxious April 22, 2018 6:59 PM BST
Rommel what did you think of the pathetic outburst from your manager yesterday saying that the pitch was not watered properly and that West Brom kept crossing the ball into our penalty area , what a small time idiot he is turning out to be.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER April 22, 2018 7:04 PM BST
Lol small time
Report rommel April 22, 2018 7:18 PM BST

Apr 22, 2018 -- 6:59PM, anxious wrote:

Rommel what did you think of the pathetic outburst from your manager yesterday saying that the pitch was not watered properly and that West Brom kept crossing the ball into our penalty area , what a small time idiot he is turning out to be.

hexx fckn scuze me you little pauper are you talking about king kloppy,i'm entirely in accord with his sentiments,the thoroughbreds need the right ground you muttsky

Report anxious April 22, 2018 7:33 PM BST
The wind , the rain , the pitch , opponents , is there anything else he might cry about
Report rommel April 22, 2018 7:37 PM BST
he is a bit precious tho yep,should just keep shtumm
Report sofiakenny April 22, 2018 8:17 PM BST
anx..T would swap Jose for Klippety in a heartbeat.
Report anxious April 22, 2018 8:21 PM BST
why Kenny what has klopp won , yes i think he is a good manager but can he manage a game , he has one way i think go like the clappers and see where it takes him
Report ufcdan April 22, 2018 8:51 PM BST
Klippty Pop's next excuse Roma were to Italian LaughLaughLaugh
Report themover April 22, 2018 9:13 PM BST

Apr 22, 2018 -- 7:33PM, anxious wrote:

The wind , the rain , the pitch , opponents , is there anything else he might cry about

The irony Laugh

José Mourinho: 'The season is successful if we finish second'

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report peter the butcher April 22, 2018 9:13 PM BST
Alright dan. Imagine if Conte or Mourinho had said what Klopp said post match? There would be pages and pages of posts. He let his mask slip a bit there.

Klopp blames the dry pitch
Said if West Brom were just given set pieces they might not be in the Championship next season
Said the draw was a waste of points as they were no good to West Brom whereas Liverpool needed them
He mus have mentioned West Brom and the Championship a number of times. Are they even relegated yet?

To be fair Liverpool had a few bad decisions but don’t most clubs.
Report peter the butcher April 22, 2018 9:14 PM BST
Report peter the butcher April 22, 2018 9:15 PM BST
Is the quad still on mover?
Report peter the butcher April 22, 2018 9:16 PM BST
Didn’t watch City today but I hear stadium was half empty again. Is that right?
Report themover April 22, 2018 9:16 PM BST
No, lost to Wigan and Liverpool
Report themover April 22, 2018 9:17 PM BST
two bastions of northern football, it happens
Report peter the butcher April 22, 2018 9:18 PM BST
But Cit fans say this is the greatest team ever in the Premie League?
Report themover April 22, 2018 9:20 PM BST
Well they're about to break a lot of Premier League records, maybe they are ?
Report ufcdan April 22, 2018 9:20 PM BST
After yesterday I think I'll let my Roma bet ride, got a £130 for them to win outright for a £2 Liabilty. Only because I backed Barca before they played us so when they knocked us out a little cheeky punt on Roma just in case. Can't see that there to bothered about the Mickeys
Report peter the butcher April 22, 2018 9:21 PM BST
More passes than anybody else.
Report themover April 22, 2018 9:21 PM BST
well that's a certainty
Report ufcdan April 22, 2018 9:22 PM BST
Where's tick gone ? I was only joking. He can wear his half and half scarf without fear of intimidation Laugh
Report peter the butcher April 22, 2018 9:22 PM BST
It feels like it’s Liverpool’s year to me dan
Report peter the butcher April 22, 2018 9:23 PM BST
I hunk tick is giving his van a service prior to the cup final.
Report themover April 22, 2018 9:25 PM BST
City win PL
Liverpool win CL
Chelsea win FA Cup
Arsenal win Europe
United win 2nd

all been successful in Mourinhofantasyland Laugh
Report ufcdan April 22, 2018 9:25 PM BST
Hope your wrong on the Mickeys front Pete as for tick he better have a big fxxking van if he's going to take me for a ride ExcitedLaugh
Report anxious April 22, 2018 9:27 PM BST
See what a Bitter bertie mover is Angry
Report ufcdan April 22, 2018 9:28 PM BST
Now now anxious what have we said about name calling.........naughty step for you young fella Angry
Report peter the butcher April 22, 2018 10:00 PM BST
Mover has only just come back on here. Disappeared after the derby and then an even bigger magicians act when the scouse hammered City. If they don’t win owt next season he could end up going back to supporting Chelsea
Report peter the butcher April 22, 2018 10:02 PM BST
Salah has become the PFA Player of the year. Fair play to him, he’s been brilliant all season and fully deserves it.

De Bruyne’s shameless pleading has clearly gone against him and rightly so.
Report themover April 22, 2018 10:04 PM BST
I doubt you've watched every City match and Liverpool match pete, but if you think Salah deserves it I'll go with your shout
Report themover April 22, 2018 10:06 PM BST
De Gea must have been close to winning it as the worlds best goalkeeper
Report bigH April 22, 2018 10:08 PM BST
Wembley prices for the FA Cup final:

Cat A: £145 (£115 last season & £80 for semi)
Cat B: £115 (£85 last season & £65 for semi) - the most popular tickets & up 35% on last season
Cat C: £80 (£65 last season & £45 for semi)
Cat D: £45 (£46 last season & £30 for semi)

Kin ell. Rank profiteering by the FA
Report themover April 22, 2018 10:09 PM BST
only £89 for Sevilla v United Champions League. Presumably United will be writing to someone Laugh
Report anxious April 22, 2018 10:22 PM BST
Bit suprised by salah winning the pfa , yes he has had a tremendous season but even though i would have to hold my nose i would have thought de bruyne was the top player
Report bigH April 22, 2018 10:40 PM BST
Proof if any was needed, that most footballers are as thick as pigsh1t
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER April 22, 2018 10:53 PM BST
I think that’s probably the right decision
Report peter the butcher April 22, 2018 11:17 PM BST
Yep fair enough mover. If I’m honest I’ve hardly seen much of either City or Liverpool other than in the big matches or highlights. I thought Salah deserved it because he’s had one of those seasons which he’s highly unlikely to ever repeat and he’s dragged Liverpool to where they are.

KDB is a class player and the sort who’s likely to be just as good in the next few seasons. Without him I’m sure City would still be winning the league. I don’t think his comments would have come across too well either.

Which player would I rather have? KDB without any doubt.

Every chance KDB won’t win it next year either as somebody will have a storming one off season to deprive him again

Same thing happened to Scholes.

Look at Aguero, one of the all time scorers in the Premier League and isn’t this the first time in so many years he has actually got into the team of the year?
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER April 22, 2018 11:22 PM BST
There’s always the chance a standout player will emerge in a season and if he’s a goalscorer then he’s likely to be at the forefront of most people’s mind
Report duffy April 22, 2018 11:30 PM BST
Salah has done it right through and crucially when they faced each other in the CL it was Salah who won the battle, during the past month or so I think KDB's form has slipped from the very high standard it had been to that point.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER April 22, 2018 11:34 PM BST
I think if your a voter and every time u turn your tv on Salah is the headline all oust every game cos he’s scored it’s hard to ignore kebab might play some superlative passes and the purists may love it

But when every week the same person is scoring it’s just headline making
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER April 22, 2018 11:35 PM BST
Kebab lol predictive ffs
Report the_don April 23, 2018 7:26 AM BST
No doubt that Salah has had a great season and has also been consistent with hardly any quiet spells.

But Kebab can consider himself unlucky LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report the_don April 23, 2018 7:28 AM BST
The most difficult thing is putting it in the back of the net and because of that Salah wins it.
Report the_don April 23, 2018 7:29 AM BST
And he has done it 'on a dry pitch' too to be fair.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER April 23, 2018 8:23 AM BST
The fact he was relatively cheap compared to some and he had been rejected previously in this league all adds gravitas to what he’s achieved or achieving

He’s come to an attack minded club so I think it’s been a good marriage of styles he’s not a complete unknown but he’s probably been under estimated

He’s a bit of a hybrid recognized as a wide player but one who arrives in the box centrally and both right n left can also head goals but it’s not is strength

The question he will be asked is can he repeat his seasons efforts probably almost impossible but be interesting to view
Report ufcdan April 23, 2018 8:52 AM BST
Bet Salhah is a surprise getting player of the year to Jose ! Total sh1t player thank goodness he got rid of him ! The last thing we need is someone scoring lots of goals
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER April 23, 2018 8:57 AM BST
Could be worse he could have also got rid of a world class midfielder as welll.
Report anxious April 23, 2018 10:44 AM BST
Good point don about salah doing it on a dry pitch in the wind , rain  and against opponents who put crosses in forgot all about that , still think de bruyne deserved to win it
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER April 23, 2018 10:49 AM BST
Yep seems to have done it on all surfaces not many games left now so not sure how many goals he will end up with
Report anxious April 23, 2018 10:58 AM BST
RP yes salah as done brilliantly but he is playing in a team thats going to finish 3rd 4th or maybe even 5th so can we really say he is the top player
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER April 23, 2018 11:02 AM BST
It's an individual award so don't think it matters but if you take that view then it makes his season even more phenomenal I guess

It seems to be the view of his professional peers that he is a top player
Report peter the butcher April 23, 2018 3:15 PM BST
Top players don't want to stay at Liverpool for too long RP, best start looking for another one at the end of the season
Report peter the butcher April 23, 2018 3:17 PM BST
Maybe they don't want to play on dry pitches, against Championship clubs, in the rain or on windy days against refs who are only ever against Liverpool?
Report peter the butcher April 23, 2018 3:18 PM BST
*with refs* who are only ever against Liverpool
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER April 23, 2018 3:46 PM BST
True there's always the chance one of the big two Spanish clubs may come knocking at least as a United fan that's not an issue

I'm sure he's happy to play in wind rain sunshine doesn't moan much when he's fouled seems a solid guy
Report rommel April 23, 2018 3:57 PM BST

Apr 23, 2018 -- 3:15PM, peter the butcher wrote:

Top players don't want to stay at Liverpool for too long RP, best start looking for another one at the end of the season

no probs for utd then pete,you cant get the top players,and jose doesnt want any player outshine him,he wants the team to do well but not any player to shine

Report peter the butcher April 23, 2018 3:59 PM BST
De Gea is the best in the world in his position. Who have Liverpool got that is the best in the world in their position?
Report rommel April 23, 2018 4:01 PM BST
is he?
Report rommel April 23, 2018 4:01 PM BST
goalies are exempt anyway
Report peter the butcher April 23, 2018 4:03 PM BST
rom, so that idiot Klopp doesn't hog the limelight on the touchline then?

He's a good manager and seems like a decent bloke, but only when its going well. Moans like f uck when its not going well and he was an utter disgrace after the West Brom match with his comments about them and the Championship.

We know and accept Mourinho's comments and behaviour are horrific at times but most Liverpool fans don't even acknowledge it when Klopp is as bad
Report peter the butcher April 23, 2018 4:04 PM BST
Goalies are certainly exempt for your lot rom, you haven't had a decent one since Clemence
Report rommel April 23, 2018 4:09 PM BST
klopp is just plain silly-on the touchline and the comments,jm's comments/the pressers are deeper and darker,love how he can define his own success,-thanks jose
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER April 23, 2018 4:14 PM BST
Lol Pete u do make me laugh
Report peter the butcher April 23, 2018 4:15 PM BST
romm, Mourinho's ego is beyond belief but he can back it up with his CV. Got to admit I do cringe at times
Report peter the butcher April 23, 2018 4:16 PM BST
Go on then RP, views on Klopp's post match interview after West Brom match
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER April 23, 2018 4:26 PM BST
I thought he was annoyed and don't think he should have made some of the comments he made but nothing really in them imo

All managers say stupid stuff and usually after a defeat personally I like most things he says but he's not immune from making silly or stupid comments
Report peter the butcher April 23, 2018 4:27 PM BST
fair enough
Report tickerty boo April 23, 2018 4:29 PM BST
Come on Pete you can do better than fair enough.Laugh
Report peter the butcher April 23, 2018 4:43 PM BST
Haha, Klopp's a proper clown isn't he mate? His mask slips every so often and he reveals he's a proper bitter moaner.

Not RP's fault though DevilGrin
Report peter the butcher April 23, 2018 4:48 PM BST
A group of Spurs fans decided to have a go at a United fan in the car park after the match on Saturday tick. What could go wrong? Loads of them against an old bloke. Unfortunately for them it was the fireman and that was that Plain
Report stridingedge April 23, 2018 4:49 PM BST
They should give these managers longer time to cool down they might not come out with so much guff straight after a disappointment! I think that's a huge factor in some of the petulance shown by most to differing degrees.
Report tickerty boo April 23, 2018 5:00 PM BST
Really,they better go have a lie down.Laugh
Have not seen him for a good while Pete,but have seen him in action.Shocked
Report peter the butcher April 23, 2018 5:06 PM BST
He's sixty now tick. I see him at most away matches and he goes to the odd European away as well
Report peter the butcher April 23, 2018 5:08 PM BST
SE, they want the controversy don't they? That is why they do the interviews straight away. Not just that but they do their best to stir it up as well
Report stridingedge April 23, 2018 5:13 PM BST
Yes definitely the case Pete.
Report ufcdan April 23, 2018 5:20 PM BST
You back out from behind your sofa now tick ? Laugh
Report ufcdan April 23, 2018 5:21 PM BST
Loads of Spurs onto one fella Mischief about their mark. Glad if I read it right they had a comeuppance LaughLaughLaugh
Report peter the butcher April 23, 2018 5:31 PM BST
dan, remember that time I was down at Chelsea and couldn't get a ticket so we went for a curry? Outside the ground i asked one of our lads if he had a spare, it was him they had a go at. Think you knew him from years back
Report ufcdan April 23, 2018 5:33 PM BST
Vaguely, however I like a story with a happy ending ! Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of C.... LaughLaughLaugh
Report rommel April 23, 2018 5:51 PM BST
pete do you still wear your school uniform when you go away?LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report anxious April 23, 2018 6:09 PM BST
Sam the fireman is he 60 now
Report rommel April 23, 2018 6:18 PM BST

Apr 23, 2018 -- 6:09PM, anxious wrote:

Sam the fireman is he 60 now

anx pretending that he akshully knows who petes on about

Report rommel April 23, 2018 6:18 PM BST
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report rommel April 23, 2018 6:19 PM BST
smilies they convey so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,uff they cant spit
Report anxious April 23, 2018 6:20 PM BST
what are you talking rommel about i remember Sam the fireman
Report rommel April 23, 2018 6:21 PM BST

Apr 23, 2018 -- 6:20PM, anxious wrote:

did he do chinese burns?

Report rommel April 23, 2018 6:23 PM BST

Apr 23, 2018 -- 6:20PM, anxious wrote:

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report rommel April 23, 2018 6:24 PM BST
me thinketh you dotheth protesteth too.......
Report anxious April 23, 2018 6:24 PM BST
Whats up with you rommel you bellend
Report anxious April 23, 2018 6:26 PM BST
Just because youve never been out of liverpool , some of us have actually lived you silly little man
Report rommel April 23, 2018 6:26 PM BST

Apr 23, 2018 -- 6:26PM, anxious wrote:

Just because youve never been out of liverpool , some of us have actually lived you silly little man

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report rommel April 23, 2018 7:36 PM BST
20 28 mersey port oil rig,you know how to live man
Report peter the butcher April 23, 2018 8:34 PM BST
Anx, he’s either 60 or 61 now.
Report DeSSieReborn April 23, 2018 9:02 PM BST
Rommel did you get a degree in Fcuking Annoyance??
Report anxious April 23, 2018 9:14 PM BST
Yeah peter i didnt think he was that old , does parrafin pete still go these days ?
Report rommel April 23, 2018 9:21 PM BST

Apr 23, 2018 -- 9:02PM, DeSSieReborn wrote:

Rommel did you get a degree in Fcuking Annoyance??

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report peter the butcher April 23, 2018 10:34 PM BST
Only seen Pete every now and then. He’s smartened himself up a bit, seriously he has.

Barmy Kev is still to be found in the remotest of matches.
Report anxious April 23, 2018 11:29 PM BST
Barmy Kev lol , he used to go everywhere never miss a match
Report anxious April 23, 2018 11:31 PM BST
Remember some of the Cockney Reds, Billy buttons , kilburn  , guerney  think some of them are not with us now
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now