Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
27 Dec 10 00:11
| Topic/replies: 48,923 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report peter the butcher August 14, 2017 10:35 PM BST
Just pleased that Mourinho has set up to play the United way. No idea whether we will win owt and pretty sure we won't play that way away at City, Chelsea etc but compare it to the LVG and Moyes days and you can understand we are happier.
Report degsy42 August 14, 2017 10:44 PM BST
watched the game , not sure ive seen much difference , wasnt a thriller , utd played ok , west ham were sh1te tbf ,  when the manager is having a laugh with mourinho on the touch line sums it up
Report cruso August 14, 2017 11:18 PM BST
Nothing to not like about a 4-0 win first time out.
Gives the players, manager and fans confidence and momentum.
Good to see the players scoring who should do so and the new players looking the part.
Only one game in but lets not knock it.
Report rommel August 14, 2017 11:29 PM BST
face it city/chels/spuds are playing for second,barca and real have surrendeered,we'll be fighting releg
Report themover August 15, 2017 12:18 AM BST
Dear FA,
I beg you to carry on with the remaining 37 Premier League fixtures still oustanding for season 2017/18
Contrary to all reports Man Utd have NOT won the league
Can we please fulfil the required 38 league games before any champions are announced
Report THEMONEYSHOT August 15, 2017 12:34 AM BST
Manchester United legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Manchester City are like a "little brother" who will never take their "big brother's" place.

"That always happens in families and in clubs - the young player hoping to take the old player's position - and City are hoping to overtake United. I don't think they'll ever be able to."

Talks sense that Ole bloke Cool

#NeverpostedontheCiteh/Liverpoolforum
Report peter the butcher August 15, 2017 12:43 AM BST
Laugh moneyshot
Report degsy42 August 15, 2017 8:22 AM BST
well he would say that wouldnt he , its like asking the pope is catholism the best
Report rommel August 15, 2017 8:38 AM BST

Aug 15, 2017 -- 12:34AM, THEMONEYSHOT wrote:

Manchester United legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Manchester City are like a "little brother" who will never take their "big brother's" place."That always happens in families and in clubs - the young player hoping to take the old player's position - and City are hoping to overtake United. I don't think they'll ever be able to."Talks sense that Ole bloke #NeverpostedontheCiteh/Liverpoolforum

do ex-players really need to join in this pavlovs dog fckn drivel,enough hot balloons filled by fans

Report OnePercenter August 15, 2017 8:42 AM BST
After having the wind taken out of their sails the usual trolls are back; the braindead Degsy, the reality challenged rommel and the fantasist themover.

A real Confederacy of Dunces.
Report rommel August 15, 2017 8:44 AM BST
ah ignatius oreilly,good ref the onep
Report rommel August 15, 2017 8:49 AM BST
reality challenged-like it,i'll get a badge made
Report themover August 15, 2017 9:28 AM BST
"That always happens in families and in clubs - the young player hoping to take the old player's position - and City are hoping to overtake United. I don't think they'll ever be able to."

City have finished above United every season since SAF retired, I don't see it being any different this season
Report THEMONEYSHOT August 15, 2017 10:02 AM BST
"City have finished above United every season since SAF retired, I don't see it being any different this season"

If you think that Ole quote was purely about where the teams finish in the league then you are a bigger mug than I thought you were themover. I am actually gobsmacked that you haven't posted one of your endless supply of 'hilarious' photo's/pictures in response. What you will not be able to post though is a photo of a Citeh match ticket with your name on it as I doubt you have ever been to a Citeh match in your life ya plastic clown.
Report themover August 15, 2017 10:05 AM BST
I'll see if I can dig out my 1981 FA Cup final ticket for you.
Report THEMONEYSHOT August 15, 2017 10:16 AM BST
Ah the 1981 FA cup final(replay): " Malvinas, viva la patria"

Villa Love
Report themover August 15, 2017 10:23 AM BST
I didn't go to the replay, thankfully Grin
Report THEMONEYSHOT August 15, 2017 10:33 AM BST
I was only a wee slip of a lad but took great satisfaction in watching my Citeh supporting brother reduced to tears when that Villa goal went in, he was distraught so he was, even to the extent that our kid could not even be consoled with the panacea of a KP Choc Dip Laugh
Report themover August 15, 2017 10:40 AM BST
The replay tends to get remembered for that goal, I try to just remember the Mackenzie goal which was a corker as well Plain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY_wQPiuwaQ
Report THEMONEYSHOT August 15, 2017 10:45 AM BST
Very true, I had forgotten that MacKenzie goal which was arguably better than Ricky's.
Report DeSSieReborn August 15, 2017 10:47 AM BST
Your Champions League final ticket will do, themover. Oh you haven't got one yet have you. MCFC have a lot more climbing to do to reach the height they like to think they've already reached. This year you supposedly have the owner, the manager, the squad .....you MUST win the Premiership and CL double to be considered anywhere near our slipsteam. End of.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys August 15, 2017 11:01 AM BST
Ahh lickle citeh... *puts down laptop n does a David Pleat jig*.
Report themover August 15, 2017 11:01 AM BST
Whilst City could win the Premier League there are lots of new players, some of which may need time to settle in, so I'm not taking that as a given. CL wise still some way behind Barcelona, Real, Bayern, and now possibly PSG (maybe Juve and Atletico as well), could get to the final depending on avoiding the big 3 in the latter stages, which is what most English clubs will be hoping for.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys August 15, 2017 11:05 AM BST
Full nostalgia mode now... currently stood in the corner of the living room shielding a tennis ball from the dog nervously looking at the clock Silly
Report DeSSieReborn August 15, 2017 1:08 PM BST
the mover.....
Lot of new players?? I see basically the same squad as last season with three better full backs signed. You've got no more "new" players than we have??
Report DeSSieReborn August 15, 2017 1:11 PM BST
The new player card doesn't hold water for you as an excuse, i'm afraid......
Report OnePercenter August 15, 2017 5:57 PM BST
Whilst City could win the Premier League there are lots of new players, some of which may need time to settle in, so I'm not taking that as a given. CL wise still some way behind Barcelona, Real, Bayern, and now possibly PSG (maybe Juve and Atletico as well), could get to the final depending on avoiding the big 3 in the latter stages, which is what most English clubs will be hoping for.

There is a Manchester City Discussion Thread. It is a few pages back. Go and discuss City there (with yourself)
Report peter the butcher August 16, 2017 10:51 AM BST
Ibra and United have been talking over a one year contract for him. His injury getting better a lot quicker than expected
Report peter the butcher August 16, 2017 10:54 AM BST
The Perisic interest could be ended one way or another very soon. His agent is talking to Inter to see whether they will sell or offer another contract to Perisic.

Mourinho has told Ed he still wants a wide player.
Report Angela Rebecchi August 16, 2017 2:52 PM BST
shame ronaldo didn't get a 12 week ban, he might have hit the wall and forced a move out.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys August 16, 2017 2:57 PM BST
If he wanted a wide player so much why sell Wazza Confused #bantz
Report duffy August 16, 2017 2:57 PM BST
I hope the Ibra situation, however laudable, doesn't throw a spanner in the works, that performance the other day certainly wouldn't have been possible with him leading the line, basically there isn't a spot for him now, goodbye and thanks for the memories would be my stance.
Report peter the butcher August 16, 2017 3:18 PM BST
Dolph Laugh
Report peter the butcher August 16, 2017 3:21 PM BST
I understand where you are coming from duffy and if I had any concerns it would be exactly that. As I understand it Ibra is still a huge influence at Carrington and all the players look up to him enormously. I presume Mourinho wants that to continue but faces a hard job convincing Ibra that he would be play a small role unless Lukaku got injured.

If Mourinho could convince Ibra that he won't be first choice etc then it would make sense to keep him here.
Report Angela Rebecchi August 16, 2017 3:23 PM BST
Zlatan doesn't strike me as the type of person who doesn't want to be the leading star.
Report duffy August 16, 2017 3:32 PM BST
Ibra's ego would certainly appreciate being buttered up with talk of how important he is "around the place", even if he's not playing, but ultimately I could see that causing its own problems as he begins to see himself as the "de facto" manager.Grin
Report DeSSieReborn August 16, 2017 5:08 PM BST
Mourinho has to look to the future now but in the scenario that we are involved in four comps for a long way he may decide he doesn't want to risk Lukaku in League and FA Cup, allowing Ibra to take the CF place for those. Now that would make sense to me, Ibra/Carrick/Blind/Young playing with the up and coming lads like McTominay, Gomez, Pereira, Tuanzebe.Who knows what Mourinho has in mind.
Report duffy August 16, 2017 5:11 PM BST
Could only see problems, Ibra comes in and plays well, scores a couple of goals, then Lukaku comes back in, Ibra wouldn't accept that, what has been a success , to a point, would quickly turn sour and cause problems, don't need that potential sideshow IMO.
Report DeSSieReborn August 16, 2017 5:17 PM BST
couldn't agree more, can you imagine a defence facing ibra AND lukaku though Shocked
Report grumpyjim August 16, 2017 5:54 PM BST
hope any deal does not go along the lines of goals mean cash .. ??
we are out of a lot of TRAPS  ..........now  .............why create  /..........more .. ?
NO  doubt ....... IBRA  ..... is a GIANT  ..AT  what ..  price .  ??
TEAM GAME MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR  FOR ME .. 
RONALDO got done hard but ..in end off the .day...  lay off .... OFFICIALS .. No Support from me for .. TANGLING  WITH A MAN WHO IS RIGHT WHEN HE MAY BE  WRONG  ..
THOUGHT FOR A BIT BIT OLD TRAFFORD HAS REALLY STARTED THE REBUILDING PROGRAMME ..  Let it continue .. GET YOUNG UNS IN NOW AND SEE WHAT WE HAVE ... MIX IT UP .. COULD BE THE ANSWER .. TO REMAINING BLOCKS KNITTING INTO PLACE .. FORTRESS ..,.
Report rommel August 16, 2017 6:37 PM BST

Aug 16, 2017 -- 3:21PM, peter the butcher wrote:

I understand where you are coming from duffy and if I had any concerns it would be exactly that. As I understand it Ibra is still a huge influence at Carrington and all the players look up to him enormously. I presume Mourinho wants that to continue but faces a hard job convincing Ibra that he would be play a small role unless Lukaku got injured. If Mourinho could convince Ibra that he won't be first choice etc then it would make sense to keep him here.

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughpetes little fantasy world,as you understand it?why do you think you understand it?why is ibra a hug einfluence,why do other players look up to him,why do you presume things about jm?pete youre a good fan but dont come on here saying you know what goes in inside OT,YOU FOOOOKING DONT

Report DeSSieReborn August 16, 2017 6:38 PM BST
With Jose I think the best we can hope for the young guns is the league cup and FA Cup (IMO) Jim, I'd be hopeful they'd give us a good run in both so would get plenty of games. If Mourinho hasn't learnt from the injury crisis last season then he'll get no sympathy if he does the same trick this year and we hit a similar crisis. I do agree though we have to start giving our young kids some time on the pitch, not just the odd five minutes late substitions. I know it was only pre season games but I thought all the young lads did their bit and performed as well as their elders.
Report DeSSieReborn August 16, 2017 6:53 PM BST
i think jose probably feels he owes it to ibra to give him an extension at ot, maybe the hope of finally getting that CL winners medal for him. that would be a fitting end to his career. i kinda would like to see him play a game or two partnering lukaku, its an intriguing mix full of goals if he got the balance of the rest of the team right. who knows, it might happen.
Report DeSSieReborn August 16, 2017 6:53 PM BST
i think jose probably feels he owes it to ibra to give him an extension at ot, maybe the hope of finally getting that CL winners medal for him. that would be a fitting end to his career. i kinda would like to see him play a game or two partnering lukaku, its an intriguing mix full of goals if he got the balance of the rest of the team right. who knows, it might happen.
Report peter the butcher August 16, 2017 9:48 PM BST
Calm down rommel. Some of us can read,  and listen as well.

Paul Pogba insists crocked Zlatan Ibrahimovic still has a big influence at Manchester United

The Frenchman would be delighted to see the veteran striker sign a new deal — because he is still learning from him

Paul Pogba insists 'leader' Zlatan Ibrahimovic is still having a big impact at Manchester United — despite facing an uncertain future.

He said: "Obviously Zlatan is a leader, always a big leader, and he’s still a big leader because he’s still in the team.

"Even though he’s not playing he’s a leader outside of the pitch."

The Swedish striker, 35, is currently battling back to fitness after cruciate ligament damage curtailed his season in April.

His one-year contract expired at the end of the campaign and he is not expected back in action until December.

Report rommel August 16, 2017 10:04 PM BST
q;paul how do you know hes a leader?   a;cos he sits on his big fat swedish a*** and tells us he's the biggest leader in the world
Report DeSSieReborn August 16, 2017 10:28 PM BST
lol rommel stop pooping in our garden we don't have any bags big enough. Scores for the two games this weekend?
Report grumpyjim August 16, 2017 10:43 PM BST
all we are short of now is the strongest bench in the league ..  and to be used when anyone in the red jersey on the park starts to falter .. on they come  ..
called  ..............rea ..................man management ..  when the going  gets tough  ................the tough get going .. from the  .............BENCH ..  ..
need a great leader to take over the .. ROONEY MANS JOB .  .. who will that be .. ??    .VALENCIA  . has improved .allbeit slowly .. . ... but not the leader we require long term .. RANT OVER ..
Report peter the butcher August 18, 2017 1:46 PM BST
Afternoon all
Report peter the butcher August 18, 2017 1:48 PM BST
Mourinho says that Shaw and Young will play for the reserves on Monday. Would love to see Shaw get himself really fit and give it a good go at left back this season. Make or break season I suspect.
Report peter the butcher August 18, 2017 1:49 PM BST
Mourinho on his former colleague at Chelsea, Paul Clement, the current Swansea manager.

“He saved the team. The team was in a difficult moment and they stayed in the Premier League. They did well to do that. One point away against a good team like Southampton is a very positive result for them so I am waiting for a difficult match.”
Report peter the butcher August 18, 2017 1:50 PM BST
JOSE HAPPY WITH THIS SQUAD

“My club did phenomenally well. I had four targets and got three and we signed all of them before the first match of the season. So my club did great work for me. We are in stable situation.”
Report peter the butcher August 18, 2017 1:52 PM BST
Mourinho- FEET ON THE GROUND

"Nobody is getting carried away after the opening victory against West Ham last weekend.

It’s just the beginning. Last season, we started with three matches and nine points and we finished sixth. So it’s not because of a very good first day that I’m going to lose my stability and my discipline and let the players think differently from myself.
Report peter the butcher August 18, 2017 1:55 PM BST
Mourinho willing to wait for a fourth signing?

“Unless something happens that puts us in the market again,” he said. “Obviously, my plans were four but I also told them to be cool, there is no pressure from me, do what you think is best for the club. We will be together again for another window in January and one next summer. I am happy with the squad we have. I’m ready to go without a fourth signing."

Not buying that, he desperately wants at least one more signing. He's looking for a full back and a wide player.
Report peter the butcher August 18, 2017 1:56 PM BST
Mourinho

"When I won two consecutive titles with Chelsea, the United manager [Sir Alex] said we brought the bar to a certain level and that they had to improve a lot to try to win the trophy back. I think this happens every season. Somebody wins and the others are not happy. They don't accept it with their hands in their pockets and the others improve to try to be better."
Report peter the butcher August 18, 2017 1:58 PM BST
Mourinho wants transfer window closed before season.

"I am not market man, as a football manager I would like it to close before the 1st match.”
Report Angela Rebecchi August 18, 2017 2:30 PM BST
Why aren't we keen on Draxler? He's pure class and PSG need to sell 1 or 2 especially if Mbappe is genuinely signing.
Report peter the butcher August 18, 2017 2:39 PM BST
No idea Angela. I just wait for them to be signed and then find out how good they are or whether they suit our team. You would like to think Mourinho and his scouts know what they are doing. I have to say i'm really impressed with the signings Mourinho has made since coming here.

Ibra
Mikhy
Bailly
Pogba
Lindelof
Matic
Lukaku

Other than Lindelof they are all first eleven material
Report neill d August 18, 2017 2:43 PM BST
Mourinho always buys really intelligently at every club he has ever been at, one thing about him that is undeniable, he addresses squad weaknesses.
Report peter the butcher August 18, 2017 2:52 PM BST
He likes his big players doesn't he neil? Power and pace we now have in abundance
Report peter the butcher August 18, 2017 2:54 PM BST
To be fair he's got rid of some cracking players in the past as well. If they don't fit, in his mind he's not afraid to let them go. A few have proved him wrong but I like that he's got the balls to do it
Report neill d August 18, 2017 3:47 PM BST
True, Arjen Robben is the one big one he got seriously wrong I think. Think he has bought as well as possible bar nobody is sure about the swedish centre-back, thought he'd go after Van Dijk but seeing Southampton's stance, maybe there's a good reason why he didn't.
Report degsy42 August 18, 2017 4:19 PM BST
first eleven ffs pete the cheapest signing is 35 million , you would have thought they would be 1stbeleven material
Report neill d August 18, 2017 4:30 PM BST
Lot of lads have gone to Madrid, Barca, Bayern in recent seasons for big money and not gotten a look in. James Rodriguez for one, and a good few other Madrid central-midfielders that haven't been able to nail anything down.

Relative to the inexplicable failure to incorporate Di Maria at United under previous regimes (they should've built the team around him), this is good.
Report degsy42 August 18, 2017 5:14 PM BST
those 6 players you have listed cost a total of 312 million , if they cant make the first team then theres summat wrong . thats without the ibra wages  and getting him on a free
Report peter the butcher August 18, 2017 8:28 PM BST
Agreed  Degsy and you could add up how much our "2nd" team cost and it would be equally frightening. Same thing applies to City and Chelsea.
Report grumpyjim August 18, 2017 8:35 PM BST
THOUGHT  ..... BALE ..  looks to be struggling again ..    in a very strong side ..of totally competent players .. will be very hard for him ..
Report peter the butcher August 18, 2017 8:42 PM BST
Would loved to have signed Bale. He'd still skim most defences over here Jim.
Report grumpyjim August 18, 2017 10:22 PM BST
maybe we can still get him at right price in JANUARY IF HE CANT GET A GAME .   REAL MADRID have a good strong side with loads of team players . ??
Report rommel August 19, 2017 8:46 AM BST
dess,pool 5-1,utd 0-0 haha
Report duffy August 19, 2017 2:17 PM BST
I'm just going to paste the post I put up after last week as the exact same applies, I'll substitute West Ham with SwanseaGrin

Yeah, didn't realize just how good Matic is, Swansea were shocking that's true so we can't get carried away, but this performance was interesting because it was the exact type of game that caused all the problems last season.

Organised defence that United's lack of pace was unable to break down. United moved it quicker and whereas in recent seasons you never got the thought that a goal was coming, today it was just a matter of time and when it did there was then the open spaces for more goals to follow.

Hopefully this will be mirrored when the Stoke's, Burnley's etc come to OT.

Against the better sides that will let you have space themselves as they come forward United look to have that power and pace to hit them.

Mkhitaryan and Mata causing problems between the lines and Rashford (who may have looked to not have a spot) down the left are an ideal set up.

One more positive today that may have slipped by the many plaudits is how important Jones could be to the side "IF" he can stay fit...Lindelof is going to have to go a bit to get in past those two today.

Swansea were shocking so it's entirely possible that United were greatly flattered when considering the season as a whole, but it was undeniably an encouraging start. Grin
Report Angela Rebecchi August 19, 2017 2:43 PM BST
They had a few dangerous balls which another day would have squared it 1-1, instead we banged in 3 late goals. Hopefully these bits of luck will give us more confidence so we can turn this start into being the best we can be so we can take some big games.
Report Loanwolf August 19, 2017 5:49 PM BST
As I predicted a couple of months ago Utd's odds have contracted from 4/1  to 5/2 for the Premier league already after after 2 good wins against cannon fodder.Apart from the next match against Leicester its more cannon fodder until playing away to Liverpool on 14th October.Utd could  well have gained maximum points by then
Report Loanwolf August 19, 2017 6:00 PM BST
Bale  would certainly be a viable purchase  for Utd even though it looks like his hamstings are going and that he will be Utd's version of Sturridge.From Real's perspective they should sell Bale for say £80m. to Utd and use the funds in part payment  for Mpabbe for say £150m.From Utd's perspective  if they buy for £80m plus say £40m for  a 3 year contract they outlay is  £120m in total.Provided Bale plays say  50% of games available he could be the difference in qualifying for  the champions league over 3 seasons which would cover Utd's outlay .
Report betting_masta August 19, 2017 6:23 PM BST
the league is united's to throw away this season imo. best team spirit, best midfield, best attack, best defence, best everywhere.
Report DeSSieReborn August 19, 2017 8:45 PM BST
Shocked
Report rommel August 19, 2017 9:03 PM BST
this threads dying on its arse dess,i'm convinced youre all onepercenter in his many diffrent skirts/kilts/dresses
Report olddesperado August 19, 2017 9:13 PM BST
Its not dying ,

The trolls ran off a lot of the good posters and now were back playing well the trolls have mainly dissapeared until such time we slip up in a game.

Be busy again then.
Report rommel August 19, 2017 9:18 PM BST
youve betrayed yourself there onep,using trolls,the little red number tonight is it?
Report rommel August 19, 2017 9:20 PM BST
od,fair play,great start,2 fine games,banging them in
Report olddesperado August 19, 2017 9:27 PM BST
Good win today btw.

Everyone played well again against a very solid defence.

Pleased for Martial who seems to have got his head right this season.

The only slight downer for me was Valencia who is one negative fecker.

He only ever passes forward when every route backwards or sideways is blocked off.  Angry
Report THEMONEYSHOT August 19, 2017 10:10 PM BST

Aug 19, 2017 -- 8:46AM, rommel wrote:

Confused

Your benefits package must be awesome Rimmer, cause you are obviously devoid of any betting intellect, you must be potless mush Sad

Report duffy August 19, 2017 10:22 PM BST
One thing to address after today was how United had a touch of the Liverpool's about them at set pieces today, stood and watched a couple of times as Swansea heads met the ball, could have lost a couple of goals to that on another day.
Report olddesperado August 19, 2017 10:24 PM BST
What was Bailly at today ?

He seemed to go on his hunkers before every corner or Free kick marking the center half >

Strange to say the least.
Report olddesperado August 20, 2017 12:41 AM BST
I thought Matic and Pogba were immense today,

Ran the show and  had just the right amount of aggression for the challenge presented,

Its amazing how one player can change a team and bring others to a different level.
Report olddesperado August 20, 2017 12:46 AM BST
When a game opens up a bit there isnt a better player in the league than Miky.

Were i jose my plan would be to figure out a way of dragging the fullbacks out and opening a few gaps.

Letting Valencia and Blind surge forwaed would be a possible start,
Report peter the butcher August 20, 2017 12:49 PM BST
Good result yesterday but flattered us greatly I thought. Pogba and Mikhy were both very good and long may it continue. United's new number nine is doing exactly what we expected and he's only going to get better. He still needs to make a few more runs and improve that first touch but he knows how to stick it into the net.

Matic struts around the midfield like its his manor and Martial is at last showing us what he can do. He's played really well in both games that he's come on. Will be interesting to see if he can replicate that if he starts games.

Way too early to say how the season will go but pleased with the way Mourinho has set us up so far. We've attacked more in these games than at any time since Sir Alex left whilst looking fairly solid at the back. Jones is having a bit of a resurgence but will probably get injured soon....

Would still like another wide player before the transfer deadline if possible.
Report moisok August 20, 2017 2:00 PM BST
I have enjoyed watching them and winning money so far.  Was it only  0 - 1  till 80 minute?  Let's wait and see when they come up against proper opposition.  But several  players really looking promising.
Report peter the butcher August 20, 2017 2:11 PM BST
Yes 1-0 until last ten mins or so but I never thought United would do anything but win tbh. Had plenty of chances before that.

Like you say lots of promising performances so far. Fingers crossed for the season
Report DeSSieReborn August 20, 2017 2:19 PM BST
rommel Joined: 30 Jul 02
| Topic/replies: 19,233 | Blogger: rommel's blog

As you know Rom I went for 3-0 Utd and 3-1 'Pool. Two "results" correct for me and 1 for you. Running total Me 4pts You 1pt
Report DeSSieReborn August 20, 2017 2:24 PM BST
Rom, Game 3 'Pool v Arsenal, Utd v Leicester, and I'm going 2-2 'Pool and 3-1 Utd.
Report rommel August 20, 2017 2:38 PM BST

Aug 20, 2017 -- 2:19PM, DeSSieReborn wrote:

rommel Joined: 30 Jul 02| Topic/replies: 19,233 | Blogger: rommel's blogdess,pool 5-1,utd 0-0 hahaAs you know Rom I went for 3-0 Utd and 3-1 'Pool. Two "results" correct for me and 1 for you. Running total Me 4pts You 1pt

no dess didnt know,can you point to where you said this,youre still caliming 2-0 after the frist?lest call it quits now eh

Report rommel August 20, 2017 2:39 PM BST
lest ffs*
Report rommel August 20, 2017 2:39 PM BST
ha lets*
Report duffy August 20, 2017 3:27 PM BST
When United play the better sides now compared to the last few years, they now have the real threat of a counter attack whereas in recent years it was a hold on for a draw away from home with little going the other way....United can play the perfect counter attack game now away from home with the defence that looks even stronger and the pace and power when possession turns over.
Report the_don August 20, 2017 4:39 PM BST
The counter attack will work in the bigger games as long as the wide players aren't asked to track too far back, we'll have to wait a while to find out.

Leicester will give us a test next game with Vardy's work rate and pace. Also Mahrez up against arguably our weakest point (Blind at lb).

Would like to see our chance conversion rate compared to last season as that's what has pleased me most so far. Killing teams off rather than letting them back in to grab draws like last season.
Report duffy August 20, 2017 5:10 PM BST
Also vital when United are under the cosh and it gets played out to Lukaku that it sticks for those vital few seconds when in transition to allow the players to get to support him allowing the counter.
Report ufcdan August 20, 2017 5:59 PM BST
Come on you Super Blues..........it's our City LaughLaughLaugh
Report peter the butcher August 20, 2017 9:09 PM BST
Well done dan, good win for the chavs.

Wembley wins since 2014- Spurs 1 Anthony Joshua 2
Report peter the butcher August 20, 2017 9:17 PM BST
Would have preferred a draw between Spurs and Chelsea tbh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now