Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 2 people viewing this thread.
27 Dec 10 00:11
| Topic/replies: 47,031 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys November 30, 2016 10:23 PM GMT
Yeah keep laughing yer fkin embarrassment. Not all Scousers are pr1cks like you, some decent lads around. C'nts like yourself tho ..ffs.
Report rommel November 30, 2016 10:24 PM GMT
fck your desperate
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys November 30, 2016 10:28 PM GMT
Desperate Confused Where's your self awareness Confused. I know i'm playing into your hands & you're buzzin off the attention... but for ffs you're a orrible fkin c'nt.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER November 30, 2016 11:15 PM GMT
Well done not seen game but impressive result and the best of the draw I think
back to the league weekend don't know who u got but surely this was a momentum builder
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys November 30, 2016 11:39 PM GMT

You can fook off an all RP Silly
Report duffy December 1, 2016 12:32 AM GMT
Mikhi starts 2 games and united score 4 in both, get's the ball and immediately has defenders on the back foot as he quickly gets on the offensive.

I wonder what reason Mourinho will come up with to bench him on Sunday....you can be sure he'll find one you know.
Report grumpyjim December 1, 2016 8:50 AM GMT
sunny day today all day .. plus a decent win on the board ..can smell silverware .. ?its a start ....but at half time .. I was not happy .. as got very stale and had 70 percent of the ball .. /MIKHI  . MUST START IN FUTURE IF J.M.  IS A MANAGER .. ?? ..
Change is in the air but confidence goes low  very quickly .. ..only answer give the ball away and you are all under pressure .. so get a grip of whats needed .. its a new game new tactics and on a plan to work had rewards will come .. BEST PAID TEAM ON THE PLANET .. IT MUST COME NATURALLY .. THATS WHAT FANS DESERVE .. ..... ..............................
Report Ozymandius December 1, 2016 10:27 AM GMT
Saw the first half and the highlights of the second.

Very pleasing.....hopefully Martial has his mojo back, Mikh was magic, special even..has to be a guaranteed starter. Even Rooney played well (a collectors item!).

That has to be the attacking quartet now....Ibra, Martial, Rooney (as long as he keeps it up, otherwise Mata) and the glorious Mhikh.  Leave the attacking kids on the bench....they have had plenty of chances, in Rashford's case, his time will come.

Pogba can remain on the bench for now too....might do him no harm....and let's start with Carrick & the excellent Herera.

Pleasing to see Schweini...in a way, that has lanced that particular boil, for now, and pleasing to see the crowd remind Jose of his capacity to mis-manage certain situations.  If nothing else, perhaps it confirms Schweiwni's fitness for prospective suitors. Though if I was him I suspect I would be happy taking 180 a week for the next two years for doing nothing more than staying fit and enjoying long lazy afternoons in the company of Ana Ivanovic.  e has played plenty of football, had a great career, time to cash a few more cheques.

Caveat:  It wasn't West Ham''s B team was it Cry...didn't see the team sheet...lets hope it wasn't a false dawn.
Report holywell December 1, 2016 12:49 PM GMT
Is it possible that the players improved for not seeing Mourihno's scowling face on the touchline ?
Report Can't Catch Me December 1, 2016 2:45 PM GMT
Last night proved one thing... his handling of the Armenian has been absolutely criminal.

Might be a bit closer to the top had you seen more of him so far.
Report Ozymandius December 1, 2016 2:56 PM GMT
It doesn't prove it...it suggests it.

Who knows what was going on behind the scenes confidence, fitness, etc.  Mikh had a terrible first half against City? in his first start in the Prem...and is a confidence player....perhaps it needed rebuilding...who knows...though granted .you may well be right and Jose messed it up...a clash of styles if you will.

You are definitely right about one thing though....if this squad performs...we win the league ;-) Maybe not this one, at this stage (and u never know)..but soon....very soon!
Report duffy December 1, 2016 3:05 PM GMT
The whole team had a first half shocker against City, his handling of mikhi has been bordering on incompetence to me, in the 2 recent games he's played he has simply done what he does, get the ball and immediately goes on the offensive and has defenders back tracking.

Those first couple of moments of offense creates space and as a knock on it gives other players that bit of space in which to play, no surprise then that Rooney Ibra and Martial all looked a million times better with someone present that gets thing moving!!

Mourinho will try and take credit for delaying his inclusion until the player was right, in truth I suspect that in reality it has simply delayed a likely improvement in United's play, this player in all probability would have been doing what he's done recently a month ago if given the chance.
Report duffy December 1, 2016 3:21 PM GMT
Having said that, mikhi can't do it all on his own and the pace and quickness of thought needs to come from other players as well, to that end at the moment United look like a counter attacking team, most of the good stuff last night came from broken west ham attacks where United hit them on the break, there is still a problem with breaking down a team with all players behind the ball, mikhis inclusion helps to remedy that but the quickness of passing needs to come from others naturally too.
Report hitmanhearn December 1, 2016 3:37 PM GMT
This squad is years away from winning the prem imo.
Report anxious December 1, 2016 3:59 PM GMT
Nonsense it is not years away at all , there is not 1 outstanding team in the league at the moment
Report Can't Catch Me December 1, 2016 4:33 PM GMT
You are definitely right about one thing though....if this squad performs...we win the league

Nice one ozy. Gave me a good chuckle that did Mischief
Report Can't Catch Me December 1, 2016 4:37 PM GMT
Duffy. You've taken the words right out of my mouth... you can almost hear Mourinho saying he has protected the Armenian and that will / has allowed him to flourish.

The lads a class act.... and should have been first name on the team sheet from day one. Its so blatantly obvious you don't have anyone else that gives you what he does. If he did play badly early on, thats because the Manager wasnt getting the best out of him in the right system.
Report Ozymandius December 1, 2016 4:48 PM GMT
Keep dreaming CCM.....one thing for sure....you will win nothing of note with Karius in the sticks Mischief  A shame as well, with this being your last year to make the most of Coutinho Tongue Out

I didn't see the City game, but didn't Mikh blatantly pull out of several 50/50's.. a lot of people were disgusted by his performance at the time.
Report grumpyjim December 1, 2016 4:50 PM GMT
have to believe he got himself found    out ...and he floundered with squads that only he could put together..  ..
wants to be aloof of players with his antics  .......all backfired  ,,he needs to brush up about human people and how they are handled to get the best out of them .. ? ROCKET SCIENCE ..NO ../??
BIG BLIP OVER ...MAYBE ...?? ..he has all the time in world in his hands on his own and if he did homework required for todays changing game we would be Top Of The LEAGUE .. ..NO DANGER.......  P.T.B. SAID IT WOULD COME TOGETHER SOONER .. ..  ?  . should have ...?
Report anxious December 1, 2016 5:44 PM GMT
Hey jim whats the crack in Spain for El Classico on Saturday , Barcelona 6 points behind Madrid
Report hitmanhearn December 1, 2016 6:02 PM GMT
Only an opinion but they look miles off in defence, midfield and attack to me. One win in a cup against West Ham reserves at home changes nothing.
Report grumpyjim December 1, 2016 6:08 PM GMT
will check it out and see the teams and put up my thoughts ..
Barcelona  struggling a bit but still slightly better .. Bale is out  injured .. for some ti me ..  like united they can catch up  easy  ,as 6 and two 3.s  comest to mind ..  .. tough going at moment for returns ,,? ..took first half last night going  tits up ??  before got an act together .. need to work harder .. it will come  .. but needs changes still   ..even .. DE GEA BLUNDERED A BIT LAST NIGHT AT A BAD TIME ..
Report Ozymandius December 1, 2016 6:13 PM GMT
How can you be miles off with players like DDG, Bailly, Pogba, Mhikh, Ibra, Martial etc.?  Would they not stroll into any team in the Prem, if performing?

They may not all be performing to their potential at the moment and it isn't a given that they ever will, or as a collective.....but on paper, at least, the squad is certainly not 'a million miles off' imo.
Report the_don December 1, 2016 7:43 PM GMT
West Ham reserves/B team? Not having that, we had as many if not more players unavailable than them.

We all think Mkhitaryan should have played more, could be a case of choosing the right games for him to build his confidence, we don't know what has gone on behind the scenes and in training etc.

Great reception for Schweinsteiger, he has been a 'model pro' while out of the squad and an example to others from many other clubs. Unfortunately I think it may be his last appearance - a 10 minute appearance at 3-1 up in the League Cup with us having 2 of our midfielders suspended.
Report hitmanhearn December 1, 2016 7:53 PM GMT
All of the above are hit and miss with the exception of De Gea and possibly Pogba. I don't see any of them in a title winning side anytime soon tbh.
Report anxious December 1, 2016 7:58 PM GMT
Valencia , Smalling , jones , Carrick , Rooney  have all won the league and FA CUP with United some of them have played in European Cup Finals
Report hitmanhearn December 1, 2016 8:03 PM GMT
None of those  are consistent enough for a title push I don't think and neither is ibra. Mk could be a great player but early days. Just an opinion.
Report anxious December 1, 2016 8:07 PM GMT
That's fair enough but what is not in doubt is that they have been there and done the business.
Report OnePercenter December 2, 2016 11:03 AM GMT
Talk of titles and top four finishes are pie in the sky while ever we have a makeshift back 4.
Report Ozymandius December 2, 2016 12:16 PM GMT
I think Shaw is possibly one of the most over-rated players around.

He looked the part at Southampton, extremely impressive and looked a great buy at the time...but  has never scaled those heights in a United shirt....  Always looks like he lacks confidence in himself going forward, which is supposed to be his strength.  And that's before you even get into his defensive positioning.

He was going well at the start of last season, though not as well as was being made out imo.  You have to make allowances for his horrific injury, though he has been something of a media darling since, with the press falling over themselves to laud him after an even competent showing. It feels like the honeymoon period is over and he needs to kick on.

Gary Neville hinted at a difficult personal situation and obviously Shaw has been the target of a lot of speculation and innuendo over the years.

He strikes me as a guy not comfortable in his own skin, somehow.
Report grumpyjim December 2, 2016 2:55 PM GMT
bet he has lost half a yard in movement   since the injury ..   its a huge difference at level he is trying to play ..
should be able to sue  the offender .. as it was a baddie ..
Report Platini December 2, 2016 3:36 PM GMT
and 6/5 to win at graveyard goodison Laugh
Report olddesperado December 3, 2016 1:42 AM GMT
Wheres your self awareness ,, i know im playing into your hands and your buzzing off the attention but ffs your a horrible fkn cnt.

post of the month i would say dolph. Wink
Report grumpyjim December 3, 2016 7:53 AM GMT
anxious .. no confidence about the Barcelona ,game   ... all money on them  but poor value .. if real scored first that may be the best value then get out again . ..... You could try these  ...... Southampton 13to 8  ..Blackburn  7 to4 ..  Reading ..  3 to 1 ..   .
you can add  ...........Watford 11 to 4   ...Burnley .. 16 to 5   ... both teams  .. TO WIN   ....DRAW NO BET .. .......  GOOD LUCK IF YOU PLAY ...  ACC   4 TIMERS AND 10  TREBLES ... STAKES  ...10  . ... 4..    1.50 .. TREBS .. ?  //5K FOR 50 QUID ..
Report anxious December 3, 2016 10:24 AM GMT
Thanks for that Jim I think I will have a bit on Madrid at their price of 3-1 , im trying my usual over 2.5 goals treble of Chelsea v city 8-11 palace v Southampton 10-11 and west ham v arsenal 8-13 30 quid treble there get you back about 160 , GL jim whatever your on
Report ufcdan December 3, 2016 2:33 PM GMT
Jose who ? Wink And backed a red card LaughLaughLaugh
Report anxious December 3, 2016 2:58 PM GMT
Well done dan even though its like choosing between Hitler and Thatcher im glad the chavs won Crazy
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 3, 2016 4:34 PM GMT
Report grumpyjim December 3, 2016 6:37 PM GMT
really badly called today .. sums up the season so far ..   Bookies Dream  comes true again .. as  a DRAW WINS THE DAY .. STACKS OF DOSH FOR A HOME WIN .. ,, /
Report the_don December 3, 2016 7:06 PM GMT
Looking forward to us signing this Alexis Sanchez character, he looks like a promising prospect. Wink
Report 11kv December 3, 2016 7:27 PM GMT
The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

First page of this thread PTB knew ,that's why he needs to come back...Crazy
Report Charlton2005 December 4, 2016 12:10 PM GMT
big 7th vs 8th clash at goodison today. gl.

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Charlton2005 December 4, 2016 12:12 PM GMT
OnePercenter
Date Joined:    10 Jun 14
Add contact | Send message
02 Dec 16 11:03 Joined: 10 Jun 14 | Topic/replies: 4,161 | Blogger: OnePercenter's blog
Talk of titles and top four finishes are pie in the sky while ever we have a makeshift back 4.

mean reversion fella, nothing anyone can do about it. A statistical phenom as old as time itself.
Report Charlton2005 December 4, 2016 12:14 PM GMT
anxious 01 Dec 16 15:59 Joined: 14 May 15 | Topic/replies: 11,386 | Blogger: anxious's blog
Nonsense it is not years away at all , there is not 1 outstanding team in the league at the moment

just what that c@nt pandy said 4 years ago
Report anxious December 4, 2016 12:15 PM GMT
Two Great Clubs playing a wonderful famous fixture
Report anxious December 4, 2016 12:16 PM GMT
Our hands of friendship to the Peoples club of Liverpool
Report Platini December 4, 2016 1:24 PM GMT
charwell won't know who to lay today Laugh
Report Charlton2005 December 4, 2016 2:57 PM GMT
this thread, like the club itself, has become pitiful
Report themover December 4, 2016 3:03 PM GMT

Dec 4, 2016 -- 6:16AM, anxious wrote:

more like Liverpool B v Manchester B Laugh

Report Platini December 4, 2016 3:04 PM GMT
Laugh
Report olddesperado December 4, 2016 3:22 PM GMT
Charlton , its become pitiful because of morons like yourself and Rommel.

Anyone with half a brain eventually gets fed up of the endless drivel spouted by you clowns.

Its a no go now for any serious football discussion among ourselves and a few of the better Liverpool lads.
Report Platini December 4, 2016 3:27 PM GMT
Utd being back at Evs on here

11/10 with the books Crazy
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys December 4, 2016 3:31 PM GMT
If he can reproduce his recent cup performances, might not get many more chances to back our Henri for Motm at 16's with paddyshower.
Report grumpyjim December 4, 2016 3:32 PM GMT
liverpool dropped 3 points after a 2..0 lead ..   15 games undefeated ..?   if we can do the same be easy in top 4 .. by  April  2017 .. Rejoice  is name of the game .,. 
THINK OF POINTS thrown away  possession we have had  ,,,to no avail  ,,it can come good soon .. win  ...h.t f.t .. today is a start .. >?
Report OnePercenter December 4, 2016 3:47 PM GMT
I like that starting line up.

Everton do have the tools to upset our defence though.
Report Ozymandius December 4, 2016 5:53 PM GMT
Brutal game, hard to pick any positives out of it.

At least the Scousers have had their balloon pricked.  The way things are going Karius could be United's Player of the Season Plain.
Report the_don December 4, 2016 6:30 PM GMT
Disappointed with only 1 point despite not playing as well as in previous weeks. Not being able to see games out is now a real problem.

Rojo is a very very lucky boy and should have been off in the first half so can't complain too much about the draw.
Report cruso December 4, 2016 6:31 PM GMT
Could ANY manager have made a worse start to this season given the players available and the money spent?
And I mean ANY...take your pick
Lack of time is not an excuse.
Jose is not the manager we hoped....
Report 11kv December 4, 2016 6:54 PM GMT
Players available name them,very poor squad for a Manchester side
Report cruso December 4, 2016 7:15 PM GMT
Well, this squad (minus £150 million+ ) after 14 games last season were 2nd, just one point off the lead with 28pts
Report anxious December 4, 2016 7:38 PM GMT
Surely we go for 2nd goal to kill the game , me no understand me from East Manchester Cry
Report HarmonicaPhil December 4, 2016 8:17 PM GMT
When are the Jose supporters going to realize that it's just not going to work out
Report cruso December 4, 2016 8:29 PM GMT
Every game we seem to hanging on desperately at the end...usually for a point these days..
Last 10 games= 11th place
Report Charlton2005 December 4, 2016 11:15 PM GMT

themover 04 Dec 16 15:03 Joined: 25 Apr 03 | Topic/replies: 46,953 | Blogger: themover's blog
Dec 4, 2016 -- 12:16PM, anxious wrote:

more like Liverpool B v Manchester B Laugh

Laugh
Report Ozymandius December 4, 2016 11:16 PM GMT
Surprised to hear these MOTD pundits say we "dominated" or were in "complete control"...that's not how I saw it...nor did I think we played well.
Report Charlton2005 December 4, 2016 11:17 PM GMT
olddesperado 04 Dec 16 15:22 Joined: 20 Sep 05 | Topic/replies: 4,274 | Blogger: olddesperado's blog
Charlton , its become pitiful because of morons like yourself and Rommel.

Anyone with half a brain eventually gets fed up of the endless drivel spouted by you clowns.

Its a no go now for any serious football discussion among ourselves and a few of the better Liverpool lads.

that is not true, as us clowns have been on here for years and no one left. they just gave us more abuse cos you still had Fergie. just bad losers imo
Report Charlton2005 December 4, 2016 11:19 PM GMT
grumpyjim 04 Dec 16 15:32 Joined: 30 May 03 | Topic/replies: 3,770 | Blogger: grumpyjim's blog
liverpool dropped 3 points after a 2..0 lead ..   15 games undefeated ..?   if we can do the same be easy in top 4 .. by  April  2017 .. Rejoice  is name of the game .,. 
THINK OF POINTS thrown away  possession we have had  ,,,to no avail  ,,it can come good soon .. win  ...h.t f.t .. today is a start .. >?

you're like us in 1995
Report anxious December 4, 2016 11:20 PM GMT
Dear me this clown and his team need to find a goalie
Report Charlton2005 December 4, 2016 11:21 PM GMT
cruso 04 Dec 16 18:31 Joined: 19 Jan 06 | Topic/replies: 751 | Blogger: cruso's blog
Could ANY manager have made a worse start to this season given the players available and the money spent?
And I mean ANY...take your pick
Lack of time is not an excuse.
Jose is not the manager we hoped....

hihm please
Report anxious December 4, 2016 11:21 PM GMT
Today we were not great but we were in control but a 1 goal advantage is never enough
Report anxious December 4, 2016 11:22 PM GMT
Charlton go away you are very boring
Report Charlton2005 December 4, 2016 11:23 PM GMT
anxious
Date Joined:    14 May 15
Add contact | Send message
04 Dec 16 23:20 Joined: 14 May 15 | Topic/replies: 11,423 | Blogger: anxious's blog
Dear me this clown and his team need to find a goalie

after 27 years interrupted by the greatest european match ever, we are used to this. your problem is you don't want to accept that you are now us and it's going to take a lot of getting used to...#inevitable.
Report ufcdan December 4, 2016 11:25 PM GMT
A pleasing weekend Cool
Report anxious December 4, 2016 11:27 PM GMT
Like I said Dan it was like a choice between Hitler and Thatcher but im glad you beat the oil rig
Report anxious December 4, 2016 11:28 PM GMT
I think your boys have a big chance now
Report ufcdan December 4, 2016 11:33 PM GMT
Maybe anxious only because it looks like no one else wants too, if City had scored second goal yesterday would of been a different story. We have WBA next, those are the kind of games that worry me. As for Jose he used to try to get us to hold on one nil leads when we clearly weren't good enough. For the most part you looked good today but Everton clearly bossed it the last fifteen,twenty minutes or so.
Report anxious December 4, 2016 11:48 PM GMT
Indeed I would still prefer the goonners or the bin lids to win rather than youse nothing personal of course Wink
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 5, 2016 1:03 AM GMT
Having watched your game today the first half wad of pretty poor standard from both sides

However having got the upper hand with a well taken finish thought that would have proved enough

Everton didn't really get going even in the second half until very late on the crowd were quiet desperately wanting something

I thought in th whole that's a game and circumstance you should have won

But it's just not happening which is made more frustrating or odd because your winning cup games mid week

But must be two months since a league win and not sure if you have had back to back wins in the league

I wrote many pages back about manager going public saying the most unlucky team in the league could actually effect players making them believe it leading them to almost expect it

Almost becomes self fulfilling prophecy and next fixture not an easy one although it's at home

Jose looks so miserable of late needs to find the key soon because I don't think this squad is as poor as the results suggest

Look at west broms squad and what they are producing week in week out
Report grumpyjim December 5, 2016 3:55 AM GMT
not going to win all the time .. in reality we are not going to beat teams around us in the league either..   ..........
missed ..last 15 minutes  as watching Spanish Game ..      ? ....6 out of 9 draws .. in LA  LIGA     funny game .. right enough  . including all the big BOYS ?? ..ONE GAME TONIGHT .. TO  ..Complete  ....Journal  ..14 ..?
?shade lucky for the first half goal ....thanks to the EYE  .  ?????         SHOWING CLEARLY A GOAL ... at  .........EVERTON  ,,,............FUNNY BOUNCES THESE BALLS TAKE ?
At that stage  .......looked as its a lucky day ..?  ........before roof came in ........ again  ......and walls  .... fell down .. AGAIN ..
  Manager is disappointing at his long face attitude and still  ........the team fielded  ........ always looks  .......
A MISS SOME HOW ..?   FORTRESS  OLD TRAFFORD NO MORE SOON BE FOUR LONG YEARS .. LOADSA   ...DOSH  ..........THROWN AT IT .. AND LOOKS POORER VALUE  .....EVERY WEEK ..
Not the money that wins it  .......... HEARTS   .......OF OAK  ........ DIED IN WOOL  .............RED DEVILS .. WHERE ARE THEY .. ...........?
Report grumpyjim December 5, 2016 3:57 AM GMT
worse still very few pass marks  .. to show for the EFFORT ????
Report olddesperado December 5, 2016 10:49 AM GMT
Charlton, I certainly don't remember you or Rommel posting repetitive drivel on here pre moyes .

If you were it was low key unlike the present.

By all means have a go, get points across like some of the other Liverpool lads but ffs keep it fresh and interesting,  don't just repeat the same tosh post after post.
Report anxious December 5, 2016 10:53 AM GMT
I would have thought he would have been more concerned with his own teams disastrous collapse yesterday
Report anxious December 5, 2016 10:54 AM GMT
No way will that defence and keeper win the title
Report olddesperado December 5, 2016 11:01 AM GMT
Rommel seems to have copped on a bit so I will have a cautious return here.

I do think we are playing well at the moment but the gods are against us.

That performance was very fergie like up to about 75 mins , not playing great but digging out 3 points in a difficult ground.

But then the inevitable happened.

Why ?.
Hard to know really but I don't think taking off pacey  players for cart horses helps .
We had little threat once miky and martial were gone and Everton were able to push right up on us.

We were in total control so why concede that to try hang on.
Why not go for the second.

We're probably unable to hang on so maybe Jose may look at that and stop making negative sub's when we're ahead.
Report olddesperado December 5, 2016 11:04 AM GMT
Having said all that we are playing so much better than under van gaal and results will surely start following.

They will have to soon or confidence and the pressure will kick in.
Report olddesperado December 5, 2016 11:11 AM GMT
Despite me thinking fellani was a bad substitution at some stage the players themselves will have to be accountable.

Jose will have to make an example of someone soon and for a reason not like swinesteiger who got exiled for no reason.

These lapses and stupid challenges will have to stop or were going no where.
Report olddesperado December 5, 2016 11:19 AM GMT
Where was pogba playing yesterday.

10 according to sky but didn't look it to me.
He gave away a lot of ball and is not a no. 10 in my book.
Rooney was outstanding there Wednesday night , his best game for about 5 years.

When he comes back against spurs , and he should who will be dropped.

Carrick or Herrera , neither of whom deserve to but it won't be the man it should in pogba.
I still think he is a fine player but on current form he should go before the other two.
Maybe Jose will bottle it and play Carrick Thursday night giving him the excuse to leave him out 3 days later.
Report olddesperado December 5, 2016 11:22 AM GMT
Rojo should have went yesterday but that aside I though he was excellent again.

Looking a really good player now he is getting a consistent run of games.

OK back to work for me.
Report anxious December 5, 2016 11:24 AM GMT
Thought it was a decent away performance but very frustrating 1 goal never enough
Report grumpyjim December 5, 2016 11:35 AM GMT
Valencia dropped points in 94 mins .. liverpool late as well .. only over once the ref blows time up  ...and points them to changing rooms . ??  ...and ref confesses thank fook  its over ...? ..
games really about defending   ,,, and that lets us all down ..
Report Ozymandius December 5, 2016 11:38 AM GMT
If Rojo is a "really good player" then I officialy know nothing about football!
Report grumpyjim December 5, 2016 11:41 AM GMT
will now find out if  the x on a ballot paper .. is properly constituted .. > .....Power of the PEN  ..   ..Brexit means   Brexit ..  ...  OR DOES IT .. A full time whistle needs blown on this lot .. ..........
these people have a better job than   ,,,,,ROONEY ..  PROBABLY MORE WAGES AS WELL ... ? .. no sweat falling off these speakers ..?
Report grumpyjim December 5, 2016 11:45 AM GMT
problem with ROJO   .. is raw talent screaming at everything .. and looks  ..........OF KILTER  ........ Sort yourself out and part of that  is to stay on the PARK .....  SOMETIMES .. TRANQUILLO ...   CALM DOWN  ...... MMMMAAAANNN ...  ...
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 5, 2016 11:49 AM GMT
Lot of pressure on next weeks game against a good side as its against direct opposition so really must not lose
a draw wouldn't be disastrous
Cos not sure 9 points could be made up over rest of season on a team like Spurs
As a fan it must be very frustrating as someone outside looking in it's like no one is taking responsibility seems to be everyone's fault refs individual players Lady Luck other teams playing style

Baffling for me is cup and europen results compared to league games and the fact that no momentum carries through seemingly
Report anxious December 5, 2016 11:55 AM GMT
RP most of us have accepted we are not in title race next week against spurs big game 6 points behind them , but don't forget we have to the feckin Ukraine on Thursday and get at least a draw, that traveling malarkey doesn't help and will not help the One Thousand loyal Reds who are heading out there Cool
Report anxious December 5, 2016 11:56 AM GMT
Respect to the boys and girls going to the Ukraine Love
Report duffy December 5, 2016 1:14 PM GMT
Glaringly obvious thing that stands out from yesterdays game is that Pogba is truly awful, he is in the centre and the tempo should be being set by him, he is slow and ponderous when he receives the ball, his touch is bad and quite simply all arms and legs...stick mikhi centrally to create things.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 5, 2016 1:50 PM GMT
Yes I agree I hink it's important to progress in the Europa because there could be a point when league position may determine every effort should be focused on this comp as it may be the only gateway to cl

We faced something similar last season and came close
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 5, 2016 1:57 PM GMT
He's been poor I agree

For the money paid I would want a game changer and the fact he left for free and returned for a kings ransom doesn't reflect well on club policy
He's not useless but lesser players are having bigger effects in lesser sides in that position

If I as Jose I would go with mikitarian Matta and Ibra  front three bit of guile in and around box
Report the_don December 5, 2016 10:39 PM GMT
The game v Spurs has got 1-1 written all over it surely, probably priced up at around EVS already!

Didn't really get mentioned that Bailly was back in the squad yesterday. Despite Rojo doing better than expected I don't think he's good enough - too much sliding/diving into challenges which he was lucky didn't cost us yesterday.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now