Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 2 people viewing this thread.
27 Dec 10 00:11
| Topic/replies: 48,777 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report DeSSieReborn July 16, 2017 2:58 PM BST
Or maybe Mata is the man to supply Lukaku
Report DeSSieReborn July 16, 2017 3:00 PM BST
Plenty of potential permutations out there for Jose he has to put the right jigsaw together!
Report duffy July 16, 2017 3:25 PM BST
First impression of Lindelof , he's a ball player and will bring the ball out of defence and set up attacks, he did it last night, he's a John Stones type that initially anyway will get caught out on occasions when wanting to play around with it to much.

Deffo got the impression that Lukaku needs that initial goal to settle him down.
Report DeSSieReborn July 16, 2017 3:59 PM BST
Agree the sooner the better. That chance last night was a belter and will be playing on his mind now until he gets one to make up for it.
Report duffy July 16, 2017 5:02 PM BST
Rooney would have buried thatDevilWink
Report Angela Rebecchi July 16, 2017 5:35 PM BST
Rashford's two finishes were superb. A shame as he could be an exceptional player but isn't going to be given the chance Kane was by MP and his confidence will be stunted. Big shame as he could have been anything.
Report grumpyjim July 16, 2017 6:30 PM BST
DeSSieReborn ..   Had bother getting yer spelling right .??
UNITED JUST THROW MONEY AT PLAYERS ..   some too soon .. is part of the trouble ..  and paying for Goals and individual   performance Reeks of Desperation .last season ..
Wonder what  ........... SAF ..   ........thinks about the players saga .. We move on without . being held to ransom . if possible .. few real jersey kissers  .. ??
RED DEVILS  ..............FOR REAL  ...............COMES TO .............. MIND .. ??  /
NONE THE LESS  ...... Looking forward to what   ............ MR ED ........... Brings to the table before the window comes down .. ?  NEW season New Brooms .. ??  ..FINGERS CROSSED ..
DONE WELL AS EXPECTED SO FAR ............. APART FROM  .......THE HALF A BILLION BEHIND ..
Report DeSSieReborn July 16, 2017 11:46 PM BST
duffy
16 Jul 17 17:02
| Topic/replies: 17,835 | Blogger: duffy's blog
Rooney would have buried that

Shush you'll wake the sleeping giant up and he'll start the hating again (I agree though, Roo would have buried it Wink )
Report sofiakenny July 17, 2017 12:03 AM BST
Who gives a toss about friendlies?
Report OnePercenter July 17, 2017 11:28 AM BST
No club wants to sell real talent and if they absolutely have to they want top top money. Especially if United come knocking.

Dier, I don't think he is a realistic option. Levy may be an obnoxious little **** but the way he pulled City's pants down over Walker was hilarious. £54m for a reserve right back Laugh and I imagine he'd want at least £80m for Dier.

I also doubt Chelsea will sell us Matic.

We might get Perisic but £40 for a 28 year old?

One thing I don't want us to do is sell or swap Martial.

The Lukaku doubters... I think you'll be eating your word come Christmas. I think he is going to score plenty of goals.
Report themover July 17, 2017 12:10 PM BST
no doubt if City had paid £75 million for Lukaku you would have been laughing at that! Walker wasn't reserve at Spurs, he played 3 times as more minutes as Trippier last season, only being "rotated" once he'd made his intentions of leaving clear to Tottenham.
Report themover July 17, 2017 12:19 PM BST
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/
man-city-transfer-news-walker-13336546
Report themover July 17, 2017 12:21 PM BST
"Man City transfers are treated differently to Romelu Lukaku and Paul Pogba - why?"

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-transfer-news-walker-13336546
Report themover July 17, 2017 12:22 PM BST
Good of the MEN to mention the David Silva transfer back then, I remember every man and his dog knocked that transfer at £25m
Report DeSSieReborn July 17, 2017 2:35 PM BST
Walkers got brilliant speed and his attacking style ofplay should suit City well. Just a little concerned why Spurs would release the England right back, when they want to be top dogs in London? Wouldn't mind Walker at OT.........
Report OnePercenter July 17, 2017 6:52 PM BST
£54m for Walker is farcical. Anyone who says any differently is soft in the head.
Report ufcdan July 18, 2017 7:25 AM BST
Talking of soft in the head. Anyone who doesn't give a player a chance and let's go for £28mil and then buys the same not much more improved player back for £75mil has to have more than  a few screws loose ! Over to you Jose Crazy
Report n88uk July 18, 2017 10:27 AM BST

Jul 17, 2017 -- 11:28AM, OnePercenter wrote:

No club wants to sell real talent and if they absolutely have to they want top top money. Especially if United come knocking.Dier, I don't think he is a realistic option. Levy may be an obnoxious little **** but the way he pulled City's pants down over Walker was hilarious. £54m for a reserve right back  and I imagine he'd want at least £80m for Dier.I also doubt Chelsea will sell us Matic.We might get Perisic but £40 for a 28 year old?One thing I don't want us to do is sell or swap Martial.The Lukaku doubters... I think you'll be eating your word come Christmas. I think he is going to score plenty of goals.

It's not even the money. 40m-50m for a 28 year old would be fine if I felt Perisic would make an impact. But I don't see it. I don't see any more than an average player who really should be a squad player at best at a club like Utd (of course that can't be the plan if we're going to pay for a 28 year old you'd think).

The lack of links with inspiring or realistic CM's doesn't give great hope for the new season too. I had great hopes for next season, but even since not getting Griezmann it's gone downhill really. The papers seem to think we're obsessed with Dier, again really, an ok, but not spectacular player, again we'd have to be mad to splash out 50m, surely there are better options abroad.

Lukaku should get a good number of goals in games we struggled to win last year, but as a collective right now it doesn't feel like we're any stronger really than last season, so we're relying on players already there to get much better which I guess is expected of a few of them.

Report DeSSieReborn July 18, 2017 12:19 PM BST
ufcdan
18 Jul 17 07:25
| Topic/replies: 3,528 | Blogger: ufcdan's blog
Talking of soft in the head. Anyone who doesn't give a player a chance and let's go for £28mil and then buys the same not much more improved player back for £75mil has to have more than  a few screws loose ! Over to you Jose

An unproven striker for £28m was a good sale for Chelsea AT THAT TIME, I would have thought
Report Loanwolf July 18, 2017 2:06 PM BST
The big lump will score goals but not as many as Ibra.Nothing for any of the other top 6 to worry about
Report ufcdan July 18, 2017 4:25 PM BST
Maybe DeSSie but why not give the fella a chance to see what he could of done. Samuel Eto'o was never going to be the long term future Crazy Anyone doubt Kevin DeBryne is a talented player again not really given a rub of the green ! Agree with other comments on here, Lukaku will score against lesser teams but on the big stage ???????? Anyway as I say over to you Jose Crazy
Report DeSSieReborn July 18, 2017 5:00 PM BST
dan....you could say the same about fergie and pogba. Maybe at the time "the player" thought he was better than he was and worth a place in the team but the manager didn't?
Report ufcdan July 19, 2017 7:33 AM BST
Fair comment DeSSie, however I don't remember Pogba first time round and what chances he was given but what I do know is Lukaku was given zero chance by Jose. Mind you looking at £90mil Pogba last season I think SAF may of had a point LaughWink
Report DeSSieReborn July 19, 2017 9:53 AM BST
I wouldn't disagree Dan, Pogba didn't set the premiership alight that's for sure. I'll take ptbs word that we're going to see a different Pogba this season. His finishing was so poor last season that if he improves that he'll get 20 plus and if that happens then he'll be a 90m man.....mind you he'll fart more goals than Kante your superstar....
Report rommel July 19, 2017 11:38 AM BST
great waht a summer break can do and massive transfer fee,pogs finishing and all round game gonna come on a bundle and lukakus first touch is gonna get silky
Report DeSSieReborn July 19, 2017 11:48 AM BST
You should worry about the improvement your squad is going to make this season Rommel because you are going to need it. A fit Sturridge should help but for how long before he's on sick leave again?
Report OnePercenter July 19, 2017 12:01 PM BST
We must have done well in the transfer market because the Liverpoo supporters are camped on this thread.
Report themover July 19, 2017 12:19 PM BST
if you shop at Lidl you can get some good deals MischiefLaugh
Report DeSSieReborn July 19, 2017 2:02 PM BST
Yeah West Ham have just been shopping there......
Report ufcdan July 19, 2017 2:10 PM BST
mind you he'll fart more goals than Kante your superstar.......

Different kind of player DeSSie ! And as I've said before half the size but twice the player Wink
Report grumpyjim July 19, 2017 6:57 PM BST
time will tell if J.M.  has ....Pogba  under control ..?? this term ... Interesting .whats round the corner ..  ?...Short Holiday FOR Rooney .. on half wages .. can he survive ............at his young age ..
Federer  playing TENNIS ON HIS OWN Tlll in his Forties .. Now   DO  ... we have a REAL DEAL   sportsman ..  ..  Names on a postage stamp  ?
Report DeSSieReborn July 19, 2017 7:00 PM BST
hes just a stopper,
Report DeSSieReborn July 19, 2017 7:37 PM BST
Jim we just have to hope that PTB is on the money re Pogba that we'll see big improvement from him this year.......

Bit disappointed in his first two tour games tbh, hope he's saving the best for the best.

Jim, I'm sure roo will be deeply touched to see you are concerned for his pocket.....

Real Deal Players in Premiership.......Sanchez? Now struggling......
Report themover July 19, 2017 8:20 PM BST
Aguero

Thread closed Silly
Report peter the butcher July 20, 2017 11:22 AM BST
Morning all
Report peter the butcher July 20, 2017 11:23 AM BST
Will copy and paste the latest news rather than speculate on what Ed is up to Sad
Report peter the butcher July 20, 2017 11:24 AM BST
Mourinho re Morata signing for Chelsea;

I am not interested in what Chelsea Football Club does, really, he said.

We needed a striker, yes. We needed with Zlatan (Ibrahimovic) in his best conditions, we needed one to give cover, to give options.
Him and Marcus (Rashford) was not enough and especially after Zlatan’s injury.

We got a big player - a player that I can compare with what he was a few years ago because he worked with me a few months four or five years ago.
His development was very, very good, so we think we have a player that is now a top player in Europe.

He has to prove it at the highest level, there is always that point. Now he has to do it for Manchester United, in Champions League matches but I think he has amazing qualities.

I think it was obvious Chelsea would sign a striker, especially after the situation with the manager and Diego (Costa).

It was clear that they were going to get a striker, they did it with Alvaro and Alvaro is a very good player for them
Report peter the butcher July 20, 2017 11:26 AM BST
I think Perez at Madrid has made it clear there was no way United would get Morata as they were told to pay way mare than Chelsea have paid. This all comes down to the De Gea situation. If Madrid do come back for De Gea I hope we quote them 100m plus.
Report peter the butcher July 20, 2017 11:27 AM BST
Mourinho;

Everybody knows because I told that I would like four players, and I’m ready to go from four to three because the market is difficult.

Some clubs think the market is different from others. We are not a club that is ready to pay what the clubs want us to pay so I’m ready to go from four to three.

The problem is we have four players (Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Marcos Rojo, Luke Shaw and Ashley Young), that cannot play football now. Not even training. So it looks like our group is big, but it is not and the time for their recovery is really long. Marcos no chance before December as an example, so our squad is not so big.
Report peter the butcher July 20, 2017 11:29 AM BST
Lingard has been getting criticism for his social media posts. I agree, he looks and sounds like an immature kid. Anyway this is what he says;

I think people can be quick to judge. The people that know me, they know what I am like.

But obviously when it comes to training and games, that’s the professional environment.

You’ve got to do the job on the pitch. First and foremost I put in 100 per cent and I don’t think anyone can really complain after that.

I was coming down to my last year and it was good that Manchester United put that trust in me. Hopefully I can repay them now.
Report peter the butcher July 20, 2017 11:30 AM BST
Kompany talks about his Belgian teammate Lukaku;

I want him to do well -- except for in a few games this season! he told ESPN. “As long as we’re ahead of them, I’m happy for him to do really well.

The one thing you get when you have Romelu is an incredible drive to improve and to score goals. It’s something really unique that I’ve been able to observe over the years because he’s been a player from Anderlecht, which is the same youth system where I come from and I’ve really followed his progress.

The key thing with him is he believes he’s the best player in the world. It doesn’t matter whether he is or he isn’t, that’s the way he approaches every single training session, that’s the way he approaches every game.

If you think you are the best you can never really be satisfied with yourself and therefore you always keep working harder and harder and that’s what he does. It’s a special player to have but there will be a lot of competition this season.
Report peter the butcher July 20, 2017 11:32 AM BST
Mourinho re the derby tomorrow night;

I will try to go for 60/30 and some players can play 60 minutes against Manchester City and then they will play 30 minutes against Real Madrid and vice versa, he told MUTV.

I will try the same, I will try to give minutes to everybody because it’s an important thing.

The tactical work we do in training, behind the closed doors, then we go to the matches and of course we try to do the things we have done in training. But it’s very important for everybody to compete and we are going to try to do that.
Report peter the butcher July 20, 2017 11:40 AM BST
These days everybody talks about their youth set up and how good the kids are that come through the set up. The list for last season has now been released. This shows how many minutes were played by players produced by a club. Really interesting although you have to remember that the list includes players who no longer play for the club that brought them through their academy.

2016-17 PL MINUTES BY ACADEMY

1 Manchester United 44,055

2 Tottenham 19,995

3 Manchester City 16,226

4 Southampton 14,340

5 West Ham 13,907

6 Everton 13,855

7 Arsenal 13,599

8 Sheffield United 13,564

9 Chelsea 13,445

10 Ajax 12,617

11 Feyenoord 12,589

12 Barcelona 10,858

13 Crystal Palace 10,851

14 Aston Villa 10,686

15 Middlesbrough 10,487

16 Genk 9,263

17 Liverpool 8,753

18 Sporting Lisbon 8,499

19 Derby 7,240

20 Schalke 7,090

Report peter the butcher July 20, 2017 11:51 AM BST
Chelsea and Ajax the surprise in that academy list. Both have superb set ups so its a bit puzzling why their products haven't played that many minutes in somebody's first team
Report peter the butcher July 20, 2017 11:55 AM BST
Perisic had been training on his own at Inter as he has made it clear that he wants to move to United. However the clubs have failed to agree a fee and Perisic has now flown to China with the rest of his squad for their pre season tour. Inter putting the pressure on Ed but they don't realise they are dealing with a ruthless killer

Report peter the butcher July 20, 2017 11:59 AM BST
On the other hand Matic has also been training alone at Chelsea. They have now taken a 25 man squad to China and Singapore but he's been left behind. Read into that what you will.
Report ufcdan July 20, 2017 12:45 PM BST
Like a bus (Or at least the size of one, nothing then 12 in a row) Hope you are successful in acquiring Matic ! Chelsea rejects, Chelsea rejects Wink
Report themover July 20, 2017 12:51 PM BST
Would have thought Matic to Juventus more likely after United gazumped Chelsea's Lukaku "deal", even if it means them reducing the sale price (similar to Morata Laugh). De Gea bid anyone? Tongue Out
Report ufcdan July 20, 2017 1:00 PM BST
I'd give Utd Matic as a "Thank you" for taking Lukaku ! Wink
Report PorcupineorPineapple July 20, 2017 1:05 PM BST
Not sure how Real demanding more from Utd than Chelsea for Morata helps them get De Gea. Does that mean they've given up on him now and just want to pee Utd off?
Report themover July 20, 2017 1:10 PM BST
I think Real have given up on signing De Gea, but that doesn't mean they aren't cheeky enough to put in a bid anyway. Marca reported not long ago that United's asking price was 75m euros, can't really see Real paying that when they have Navas anyway, although you just never know with Real.
Report OnePercenter July 20, 2017 1:33 PM BST
I don't see why de Gea's price isn't the same as Neymar's.
Report themover July 20, 2017 1:44 PM BST
Laugh
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys July 20, 2017 1:50 PM BST
Sincere & heartfelt condolences to Javier Hernandez & his family. An absolute travesty. #prayforchicharito
Report OnePercenter July 20, 2017 6:59 PM BST
On Thursday Monaco issued a statement which said: “AS Monaco regretfully notice that ‘important’ European football clubs made contacts with Kylian Mbappé (and his entourage) without its authorisation. AS Monaco want to remind these clubs that such actions are contrary to the article 211 of the administrative regulation of the French Football League (Ligue de Football Professionnel) and to the article 18.3 of the Regulation of the Status and the Transfer of the Players of Fifa.

City are in the clear then.
Report DeSSieReborn July 20, 2017 7:04 PM BST
If Dolphins Were Monkeys
20 Jul 17 13:50
| Topic/replies: 6,142 | Blogger: If Dolphins Were Monkeys's blog
Sincere & heartfelt condolences to Javier Hernandez & his family. An absolute travesty. #prayforchicharito

Whats happened???
Report DeSSieReborn July 20, 2017 7:04 PM BST
If Dolphins Were Monkeys
20 Jul 17 13:50
| Topic/replies: 6,142 | Blogger: If Dolphins Were Monkeys's blog

Whats happened???
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys July 20, 2017 7:10 PM BST
What's happened ???

West Ham have only gone and got the best poacher they've had since Bobby Moore snaffled that necklace in 1970. That's what's fkin happened Coleen Plain
Report DeSSieReborn July 20, 2017 7:15 PM BST
Oh FFS you drama queen!!!!
Report DeSSieReborn July 20, 2017 7:17 PM BST
Or should I say *^%$£"! Monkey???
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys July 20, 2017 7:24 PM BST
Haha Happy.

I know they're just a load of millionaires running around doing a bit of PE, but occasionally you get a gut feeling some of them are decent human beings & you hope they go on to be successful. The ignominy of little pea playing for the garnets Sad.

Anyway apologies dessie.. no one likes too see anyone above the age of 10 getting their knickers in a twist about a footballer Wink.
Report DeSSieReborn July 20, 2017 7:26 PM BST
Plain
Report peter the butcher July 20, 2017 11:07 PM BST
The day the Chelsea chav had to stand up at a football match for 90 mins Laugh

Look for two fat lads on the right of the video....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-JfH5NVeAgE
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys July 20, 2017 11:41 PM BST
Your'e gonna have to better than that Pedro... I've watched it several times and am yet to see a fat West Laandon bloke with a stick of celery up his gary glitter Confused
Report peter the butcher July 21, 2017 12:08 AM BST
Haha Laugh

He's the one with drainpipe jeans and blue doc martens wearing braces over a stretch shirt. He's standing on a reinforced seat waving his fist in the air shouting Louis Van Gaal's red army. Bit embarrassing to be honest. I had to calm him down. He said he hadn't had as much fun since his hoolie days in the 1960's
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys July 21, 2017 12:15 AM BST
Not had so much fun since Harvey Procter took him down to his basement dungeon flat in Kensington and..............
Report peter the butcher July 21, 2017 12:16 AM BST
Laugh
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys July 21, 2017 12:16 AM BST
#ToryNonce Laugh
Report peter the butcher July 21, 2017 12:17 AM BST
I have no doubt he's desperate to respond but it would mean him retrieving the laptop from his missus. Not a chance.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys July 21, 2017 12:22 AM BST
Haha Happy.

Has the lazy s0d finished the hall,stairs & landing yet ConfusedSilly
Report peter the butcher July 21, 2017 12:23 AM BST
This is well worth a watch mate, you might even recognise the buskers. Gave the council jobsworths a proper two fingered salute

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ycY3bU9ZWEY
Report peter the butcher July 21, 2017 12:25 AM BST

Jul 21, 2017 -- 12:22AM, If Dolphins Were Monkeys wrote:

Haha .Has the lazy s0d finished the hall,stairs & landing yet

I think he's still waiting for the decorating shop to get his colour of work dungarees in before he actually starts.

Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys July 21, 2017 12:32 AM BST
PBK in dungarees... have you seen the movie Deliverance Shocked.

That vid mate Love. Peaceful non-compliance Cool...What we could achieve as a society with that attitude...
Report peter the butcher July 21, 2017 12:33 AM BST
Yes, all it needs is for people to wake up
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys July 21, 2017 12:36 AM BST
It's happening mate. Slowly but surely Wink
Report peter the butcher July 21, 2017 12:37 AM BST
Seen the movie Deliverance but tbf I've also spent time with ufcdan.

Honestly? Picture Billy Bunter at the centre of the Gay Pride procession. No disrespect to anybody........
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys July 21, 2017 12:42 AM BST
Grin

Shame Foo Foo aint around...We could've given dannyboy a night to remenber
Report peter the butcher July 21, 2017 12:52 AM BST
Get yerself geared up for Brighton away. It's dan's home town these days. Going to meet up with him down there. Just hope he doesn't try and drag us down to "the" beach.

Even on the normal beach imagine Dan with just his blue budgie smugglers, Harry Potter glasses and his blue docs. Bl00dy hell, I might stay up here.

On second thoughts he has promised the curry is on him. ( yes I know the curry is always on you Happy )
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys July 21, 2017 1:09 AM BST
Kin ell gonna have nightmares if i can't shake that image soon.

You staying up for the match Pedro Confused. Saw 7/4 Utd early doors..into 6/4 now. Wouldn't dream of havin a decent punt on a pre-season game but considering we've kicked a ball around for a couple of games and they aint ...
Report peter the butcher July 21, 2017 1:13 AM BST
Might follow you on that one. I rarely bet on United matches but what the hell.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys July 21, 2017 1:16 AM BST
Haven't backed us Tongue Out. Was just talking out loud mate...
Report peter the butcher July 21, 2017 1:17 AM BST
Right I've backed United, will check my account in the morning. If its healthier than it is now I will watch a recording of the match otherwise I presume themover will let us know how the mighty City battered us 1-1.

Night mate
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys July 21, 2017 1:19 AM BST
Scared

Night night pedro.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys July 21, 2017 1:30 AM BST
Against my better judgement i'm on as well Whoops. UpthefkinReds
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys July 21, 2017 2:31 AM BST
Sir Bobby Charlton‏Verified account @SirBobby 10h10 hours ago

The first ever Manchester derby outside the UK will be played at @NRGParkFan today. I hope all of Texas will be wearing @ManUtd red.

ffs even Sir Bobby has punted his comps [no surprise there] and is on the Reds 6/4 #allboard
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys July 21, 2017 2:33 AM BST
Yeah, yeah, yeah i've been drinking. No you fookoff.
Report clacherholiday2 July 21, 2017 3:41 AM BST
lukaku really is a proper carthorse

jose on the phone to zlatan half time
Report ufcdan July 21, 2017 8:06 AM BST
In so many ways you can ALL fxxk off Crazy
First off Butcher I see one slightly portly lad and then there's you yer fat coont Angry
And as for the hallway and stairs Dolph, your so last year. Sold that house last year and now we're in the middle of a big extension of the new place which will ALL need painting when the builders have gone CryCryCry
Back to you Butcher leave my fxxking blue Doc Martins alone, the fella in the shop said they would make me look unique Mischief and as for being seen on the beach with you ? I wouldn't want the lads to think my standards had slipped !
Report THEMONEYSHOT July 21, 2017 10:00 AM BST
Laugh
Report peter the butcher July 21, 2017 10:52 AM BST
dan Laugh
Report THEMONEYSHOT July 21, 2017 11:28 AM BST
Just finished watching the highlights of the Citeh match, some finish from Lukaku Grin
Report peter the butcher July 21, 2017 11:59 AM BST
He looked good didn't he mate?

Still looks like he's carrying a bit of extra weight but he's a beast of a bloke. United could have had half a dozen last night. That shot from Rom that rattled the crossbar was some effort. Rom and Rashford looked decent together but I suppose he's going to try every permutation he can.

Only a friendly and City looked a bit rusty to be fair.
Report peter the butcher July 21, 2017 12:11 PM BST
If nobody else comes in I can see our first eleven being something like this;

De Gea

Valencia     Lindelof  Bailly         Shaw

Herrera

Martial    Pogba       Mikhy       Rashford

Lukaku

Can't help feeling we need another couple of top players in there
Report peter the butcher July 21, 2017 12:13 PM BST
Messed up the way that formation has come out but reckon that's close to being our top eleven at the moment
Report THEMONEYSHOT July 21, 2017 12:28 PM BST
Pete gotta say I am cautiously optimistic re: Lukaku, our failure last season to get goals against the lesser sides killed us and he can rectify this issue imo. It certainly will be interesting to see how Morata and Lukaku's respective seasons pan out, for me I'm happy with our purchase as he's proved he can do it in the Premier league. Struggling with this seemingly obsession with Perisic and would be gutted if Martial was a makeshift in any possible deal. Any truth in the Barkley rumours mate, can't see it meself, have you heard anything else? I know Dessie doesn't like all the speculation/gossip but conversely I love it. Like the line-up but too attacking for Mourinho's liking in my view.
Report peter the butcher July 21, 2017 12:47 PM BST
I agree re Lukaku and said he would score goals galore as soon as we signed him. I can't understand all the pessimism when a club signs a player. Surely the manager knows better than anybody else what he needs?

I don't know anything about this Perisic but a couple of lads on here don't seem to rate him. The efforts Mourinho and Ed are going to make it clear they see him as being important so lets wait and see.

The Barkley rumours are because of the stalemate with Matic. Chelsea want to sell him but would rather he went To Juventus. They can't afford or won't pay 40m and Matic wants to come here. I think Everton might want more than that for Barkley anyway. He is an option if Matic falls through but that would mean Chelsea having to sell him for less money to Juventus than they could get from United (much the same as Madrid did with Morata)

To complicate matters United are still interested in Dier. He has made it clear he is "desperate to sign for United" but Spurs insist he will not be sold and I see that he has travelled over to the States on their pre season tour.

United still looking for another full back but again have struggled with the money being asked for the likes of Fabinho and Aurier.

I reckon the next United signing will be one of Matic, Perisic or Dier. Would be nice to get 2 out of the 3.

Mourinho publicly saying he's desperate for at least one more signing so he must be trying to crank up the pressure on Ed.
Report peter the butcher July 21, 2017 12:49 PM BST
Come on Mourinho give Ed a break, he's doing what he can;

Report grumpyjim July 21, 2017 1:00 PM BST
2017 2018 .. year we find the  ..................NET ALL THE TIME..............AFTER LAST YEARS ..........BAD SHOW ..   
HATE ............. to think chances we squandered .LAST SEASON .. /................We should have done a lot better ,, looked OK for a time ..
Will it be pretty .. Who Knows .. ............. Who Cares ..as mostly  .............POOR STUFF ANYWAY ..  FELL AGAIN AND GOT SEASON TICKETS YESTERDAY PETER .. ??  ONWARDS .. SOLDIERING...........ON  ...............Gets us away from T.V.
Report peter the butcher July 21, 2017 2:10 PM BST
I'm glad you got your season tickets Jim, you just have to keep going because once you've packed it in it's difficult to get back to it. Will give you some man time away from your good lady Grin
Report grumpyjim July 21, 2017 3:40 PM BST
Bang on PETER  .Chance to get some common sense built in to the ...  WEE  MAN  .......... Roque  Messa  now at  Swansea we can still see how he fares ,,  Sensible MONEY AS WELL  ..
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now