Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 3 people viewing this thread.
27 Dec 10 00:11
| Topic/replies: 46,219 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report RBoyd86 February 7, 2016 6:22 PM GMT
good to see louis so animated at 4th official at end
Report RBoyd86 February 7, 2016 6:22 PM GMT
rubbish not having that reg delay it was a simple 5 yard pass that i could of made unacceptable
Report RBoyd86 February 7, 2016 6:23 PM GMT
trying to blame restrictions for that is just wrong
Report GODSEND February 7, 2016 6:26 PM GMT
Some players get paid millions to do the basics
Report RBoyd86 February 7, 2016 6:27 PM GMT
it was a simple pass he was open in ten yards of space.
Report RBoyd86 February 7, 2016 6:28 PM GMT
just showed replay he doesnt even bother tracking back how can you defend that
Report GODSEND February 7, 2016 6:30 PM GMT
Because he doesn't care, can't defend it...but when a player like that does not feel wanted or appreciated it has a massive effect on his mentality! It's wrong but I know for a fact that this is the case
Report GODSEND February 7, 2016 6:31 PM GMT
Needs to go on loan to play week in week out in the premier league
Report RBoyd86 February 7, 2016 6:32 PM GMT
he needs to get his head down work hard and show the desire to want to play for our great club. I can defend lack of talent but not lack of effort.
Report the_don February 7, 2016 6:37 PM GMT
Depay is definitely one to keep as he's still young and in his first season both in the Premier League and with such a big club.

Have heard that his attitude off the pitch hasn't been great for a while - if so he needs to get his head down and the rest will take care of itself as he does have the talent.
Report anxious February 7, 2016 6:39 PM GMT
look I think the main point is yes we conceded yes but we dropped to deep last twenty we should have attacked and finished them off
Report GODSEND February 7, 2016 6:44 PM GMT
Schenerdlin - what was he doing that far up the pitch by the way? He has been an awful signing! Depay a scapegoat here...ball was 100 yards away from goal...was not his fault
Report RBoyd86 February 7, 2016 6:48 PM GMT
cant agree you defend from the front. Depay is young and if he was just having a poor time i wouldn't dig him out its just his non effort and the non tracking back. Unacceptable. Blaming schnerdelin is just making me think your depays friend or something, by playing attacking football players get involved in moves and you trust your team mates to not kill you and leave you out of position with a **** pass, at least MS tried to get back in unlike depay. I agree we did drop too deep when we could of really finished them off. Lets just be happy with the improvement made and hope it continues as enjoyed watching some of our football.
Report anxious February 7, 2016 6:53 PM GMT
listen a couple of weeks ago we were a complete shambles . now we have played a lot better 13 games to go we can get a lot of points
Report the_don February 7, 2016 7:01 PM GMT
We seem to play better in the tougher games most of the time, makes the points dropped against the lower teams that much more frustrating.

What do we think has changed in the last 3 games? Mata playing more centrally, Carrick returning or just a general releasing of the shackles? We definitely seem to be getting the ball forward a lot earlier.
Report grumpyjim February 7, 2016 7:11 PM GMT
LVG has the best job in the game now he is a Believer ..................
got away with a point  ..as DE GEA holds fort again ...............................
better all round and edge of seat stuff ,,...more   so added time  ..............huge Improvement ..WELL DONE ...
Report RBoyd86 February 7, 2016 7:12 PM GMT
just seems like a totally diff team, I've not been a fan but rooney is no longer a passenger and seems to be linking u with martial well. Carrick feeding mata in the hole. The mentality seems to be a total turn around, theres a freedom and an expression in our play. Loved it, what do we all think regarding LVG if we keep going on this track?
Report GODSEND February 7, 2016 7:26 PM GMT
If LVG got up out of his seat like he did at the end....keep him
Report GODSEND February 7, 2016 7:26 PM GMT
More often*
Report anxious February 7, 2016 7:44 PM GMT
fantastic support again from MUFC the best fans in the world, TO PAY IS TO FAIL Happy
Report Cooee February 7, 2016 7:57 PM GMT
Very good performance for 70-75 mins today, but we got careless and timid towards the end. This was one time we really should have been trying to do no more than simply keeping the ball. Instead we kept either giving it away or going for Hollywood finishes. (Jesse, for all of his brilliance for the goal, was perhaps most culpable there.)

Overall, though, a very pleasing performance. It's so great to see what this team is capable of now that they've got the mindset of attacking rather than playing safety-first possession football. You can see they're now always looking to get forwards. Somebody gets on the ball, and he's immediately surrounded by other red shirts rushing to take up positions ahead of him. It's simply a total change in philosophy, and exactly the thing several of us here have been crying out for for a couple of months now.
Report sofiakenny February 7, 2016 10:34 PM GMT
anxious..thats what the red scousers said in Athens..grow up man.
Report olddesperado February 7, 2016 10:36 PM GMT
Great performance for 70 mins but total fcuk up after that.

If your going to sit back on the 18 yard line to defend a one goal lead at least give yourself an out,

To not have at least one player left up was stupid as the ball was only ever going to come back in.

Rooney did stay up after a while but really its someone that can control the ball or has pace you need.

De Gea again saved us from certain defeat,
Report olddesperado February 7, 2016 10:45 PM GMT
Depay has had many bad games for us and is probably too non plussed about this as he feels his talent will win through.

That mistake and the conseqences and hopefully home truths in the dressing room will hopefully make the penny finally drop,

Smalling came back from his "moment " last year and matured into one of our best current players.

Lets hope this is depays wake up.
Report olddesperado February 7, 2016 11:01 PM GMT
I wouldnt be getting too carried away about recent form,

A draw against a team in 13th

A home win against a mid table team that lost their next home game to another mid table team by the same score,

A cup win against a championship team on a bad run and they made us look very average at times.

A home loss to a mid table team where we only had one shot on target and that was from 30 yards

A smash and grab with our only shot on target against another mid table outfit who couldnt beat a relegation placed team yesterday,

Distinctly average despite what the media and management will try spin it.
Report olddesperado February 7, 2016 11:24 PM GMT
I also dont care what bullsh1t van gaal says , the hand brake has been released .

When have we seen the full back marauding  forward at every chance,

When have we seen the midfielders passing forward at every chance

Mata at 10

The forward players taking on players and moving around the forward line.

Its a total different change of tactics despite how he might try deny it,

Its amazing how even the most stubborn can change when their job is on the line
Report tim6 February 7, 2016 11:26 PM GMT
what we have seen is that LVG was told take a back seat and let the players play. Feel sorry
for him as he is losing it with comments like we can win title etc.
Report olddesperado February 7, 2016 11:29 PM GMT
In fairness he probably has to say that if asked,

Imagine if he said the opposite
Report olddesperado February 7, 2016 11:37 PM GMT
Ive just again seen the depay pass again on football special and im mot sure he did a lot wrong really.

Poor pass yes but that happens many times a game in those forward positions.

Should have done better but thats football.
Report anxious February 7, 2016 11:39 PM GMT
poor defending that into injury time should have played for corner flag, this is what immature players do
Report anxious February 7, 2016 11:40 PM GMT
its called being professional
Report anxious February 7, 2016 11:41 PM GMT
mind you we sat back too much in last 20 poor from us there no out ball
Report anxious February 7, 2016 11:41 PM GMT
chavs were there from taking
Report anxious February 7, 2016 11:42 PM GMT
for ffs
Report olddesperado February 7, 2016 11:44 PM GMT
True , but he seen a chance to put schneiderlin clean through and cant fault him for trying to find him.

Thats what we have all been crying out for all season in fairness,
Report olddesperado February 7, 2016 11:49 PM GMT
Manchester United are about and should always be about taking risks and entertaining the fans,

Thats what van gaal doesnt get.

He thinks a 1-0 will satisfy the fans
Report anxious February 7, 2016 11:50 PM GMT
old surely at Stamford bridge you would have took a 1-0
Report anxious February 7, 2016 11:51 PM GMT
tis still a difficult place to win
Report olddesperado February 8, 2016 12:02 AM GMT
Yes agree but when a simple pass can finish off a game we are struggling to hold on to i cant blame him,

Still 6 mins to go , if it was the last minute id agree with you though
Report grumpyjim February 8, 2016 8:27 AM GMT
LVG ..still taking  carrot from MEDIA........he must not be so dumb,, and get these   people on side ..after all he broke the smelly potty that caused the rift ,,,
very stubborn man for is age ..lighten up a bit ... great to be thick skinned but with little knowledge of handling situations .. we as supporters demand more and that is.... where if he channelled his  ability  better.....  and take on board his problems .. ..????? ....we would be winning this terrible season that he is failing in ..still a lot to play,, for but doubt,  if squad don't perform to the highest level,, like Chelsea game   we will be out,
of the first 4 again .. ??..Player power we don't need its teamwork that gets results .. come off the high stool and join the grass root FANS .. CHEERS .......
LVG get on side and face up to task before you ,treat players as human beings ..of your horse and drink your milk ....... to be in job still that's te wonder of all of this  ..and why  the media have you in their TEETH ......................
Report grumpyjim February 8, 2016 10:19 AM GMT
totally correct save a goal keep lead ..do it at your peril ...a time and odds stack against you as team tries harder to level score . ..DANGEROUS ???
Report Cooee February 8, 2016 11:05 AM GMT
The team got jittery and careless in the last 20 mins. There was no need to go out and fight for a second, but we did need to take the sting out of the game. Just play the ball around and effectively say to the Chelsea players 'We've got the lead and the ball. We don't need to do anything now, so we're going to keep it tight and not concede silly free-kicks or give you easy chances. If you want to win this match, you've got to do something brilliant - or be very lucky.'

Shut down the match. That's all we needed to do.  It's not about playing deep or parking the bus. It's about keeping the ball and preventing them from building up a head of steam.
Report Cooee February 8, 2016 11:07 AM GMT
And if we'd played like that, we'd have probably got chances to finish it off in any case, because they would have got desperate.
Report GODSEND February 8, 2016 11:14 AM GMT
Chelsea turned it on...that is all! United didn't fade away...Chelsea just hit top form and absolutely battered United in the last 20. David De Gea was the difference im afraid...they would have ended up winning 3-1 imo...United have never been a team that 'shut up shop'
Report Cooee February 8, 2016 11:22 AM GMT
Chelsea turned it on to a certain extent, but they weren't that fantastic. They were helped considerably by the fact that we kept giving them the ball again and again. There was no purpose to our play at all. We were simply trying half-shots and half-passes in the hope of keeping the ball away from them, rather than deciding either to attack, or to keep ball.

And certainly in the mid 2000s, Fergie United were very good at getting the lead against Arsenal, Liverpool etc. and then just taking the sting out of the game and frustrating them. Fergie sides weren't all just about attack attack attack. There's been plenty of steel in many of his teams as well. (That's what Arsene has never understood.)
Report Cooee February 8, 2016 11:33 AM GMT
I also don't get this point that people often make about 'if it wasn't for De Gea...'

Football sides have a goalkeeper. It's his job to stop goals from going in wherever possible. It so happens that United have bought very well in that department, and have one of the best keepers in the world. And yet we often hear this mealy-mouthed 'you would have lost by X if it wasn't for De Gea'. 

Nobody extracts Aguero from City and then says 'if it wasn't for his scoring, they would have lost that match by X'.  So why is our goalkeeper making saves picked out so much?

Plus, there were actually two very good goalkeepers out there yesterday, and whereas De Gea was only called into action late on, Courtois made a fantastic save from us in the first half. We could have been 2-0 up going into the last 25 mins rather than 1-0.  Goalkeepers eh?
Report olddesperado February 8, 2016 11:48 AM GMT
You sound like van gaal cooee.

The point my self and others make is not that he saves attempts its
the quality of save he makes.

A good honest keeper might have saved one or two of those shots yesterday but not all.

De gea saves shots he has no right to game after game and for me we would be mid table without him.

Imagine if Liverpool had him and we mignolet where the respective teams would be now.
Report olddesperado February 8, 2016 11:51 AM GMT
And mignolet was highly thought of when they bought him.

We could go through a hat full of highly thought of keepers who might not be able for the pressure of a big club.
Report anxious February 8, 2016 12:24 PM GMT
hopefully soon we can get say jones, rojo and schweinstiger back , don't think luke shaw or Valencia will be back this season, but we still have a lot to play for 2 cups and highest possible league placing , its just a pity that is only now we have started to play more attacking with our full backs getting forward
Report bbc2 February 8, 2016 1:25 PM GMT
the injuries have given the youngsters a chance
Report Cooee February 8, 2016 3:49 PM GMT
You sound like van gaal cooee.

Well I've been slagging him off almost non-stop since the Watford match late last year, so I can't be *that* much like LVG...

And I do fully appreciate De Gea. It just annoys me that if a team has a really prolific striker, or a winger that runs rings around the opposition, that's considered to be fair enough.  But because we happen to have a truly outstanding goalkeeper, his success is regularly used as a stick with which to beat up the rest of the team.

If you have one of the best in the world in a key position, of course their presence will be worth a heap of points. Trying to land those top players is what it's about for the scouts. And one of those players doing their job in spectacular style shouldn't be constantly held up as a negative for the rest of the team.
Report peter the butcher February 8, 2016 9:12 PM GMT
Evening lads. Looks like fourth place will be a struggle which is criminal bearing in mind how poor a league it is.

Some fans would have been screaming at Fergie if he hadn't got us 10 points clear against this lot.

Hope Ed  has some sort of plan
Report peter the butcher February 8, 2016 9:23 PM GMT
LVG  is adamant that he hasn't changed the way we are playing but he's bound to say that.

Personally I think it's a bit of him changing and the younger players not understanding the fear factor and just playing by instinct. Lingard has been playing attacking stuff ever since he came into the team and CBJ the same in terms of supporting runs and providing crosses.

He's a superb crosser of the ball
Report anxious February 8, 2016 9:44 PM GMT
thought we played a lot better yesterday peter, the last 20 we defended too deep and no out ball
Report ufcdan February 8, 2016 9:58 PM GMT
Such a shame you couldn't defend just that little bit better LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report anxious February 8, 2016 10:03 PM GMT
dan and hopkirk you were very lucky yesterday Crazy
Report anxious February 8, 2016 10:04 PM GMT
that's twice we should have beaten the chavs
Report ufcdan February 8, 2016 10:05 PM GMT
how was I lucky ?????
Report ufcdan February 8, 2016 10:06 PM GMT
Should of and did are two different things
Report peter the butcher February 8, 2016 10:32 PM GMT

Feb 8, 2016 -- 4:03PM, anxious wrote:

dan and hopkirk you were very lucky yesterday

He might be big but there's only one of him

Report anxious February 8, 2016 10:42 PM GMT
is it we or I , or me myself and I CrazyWink
Report peter the butcher February 8, 2016 11:35 PM GMT
He's a  top bloke tbf . Not just because he bought the curries again yesterday........
Report anxious February 8, 2016 11:44 PM GMT
did you get a ticket yesterday peter
Report bbc2 February 8, 2016 11:45 PM GMT
you are bought cheaply ptb
Report grumpyjim February 9, 2016 11:54 AM GMT
looks like the Liverpool got their point over .. best wishes go to them for that ...
seldom prices go down quicker than they went up ?? A RESULT FOR THE FANS WELL DONE .....
  5to 15 years now clubs have bled the fans to position they wont take it anymore ..
watching .... in.. SPAIN....at  moment  .. how to drain heart,,,,
out of the game ..and the club .. .
Buy your ticket and stay outside for a wake up call to...... ADMINISTRATORS  .
  NO NOISE ........... will be deafening to ..TELEVISION ... soon be fixed to save game from ..ITSELF ...................
on the  RIGHT TRACK PTB ... your wish for away tickets reduced ..may become reality ..
remember directors..now ..... long gone from GAME .....telling FANS.. avoid money going to opposition stay at home ....
Report ufcdan February 9, 2016 8:35 PM GMT
He's a top bloke tbf . Not just because he bought the curries again yesterday......

Top bloke ! Skint bloke Sad Think you misunderstood when the waiter asked if you wanted a starter, you ordered ten things off the menu and said "That's just for starters" Cry
Report bbc2 February 9, 2016 10:37 PM GMT
liverpool done well
Report peter the butcher February 9, 2016 10:51 PM GMT
Lol dan
I was trying to make up for you having the healthy option. Granted  you had it with chips, pilau rice and naans but good effort imo
Report ufcdan February 9, 2016 10:53 PM GMT
Don't spread rumors Pete you know I'm on a health kick Cool
Report anxious February 9, 2016 11:42 PM GMT
did you have a curry and a kebab guys CrazyWink
Report bbc2 February 10, 2016 8:37 AM GMT
leave them anxious they are in loveLove
Report peter the butcher February 11, 2016 10:40 AM GMT

Feb 8, 2016 -- 5:44PM, anxious wrote:

did you get a ticket yesterday peter

Sadly not mate. Me and Dan tried from around 2pm until twenty fie minutes after the match. Usually I can pick one up from Earl's Court area where a few United regulars hang out pre match but not one ticket to be had

The regular United touts said they hadn't seen one spare all day. Plenty for the Chelsea fans although even they were a ton plus after the match had started.

Long way down there to not get a ticket....

Report peter the butcher February 11, 2016 10:41 AM GMT

Feb 9, 2016 -- 5:42PM, anxious wrote:

did you have a curry and a kebab guys

Dan treated me to a curry whilst he treated himself to the rest of the menu

Report OnePercenter February 11, 2016 10:44 AM GMT
How many tickets did Chelsea allocate for away fans?

As someone on the Liverpool thread said the other day. Owners don't really want away or even regular fans. They want tourists who will spend £50 in the club shop!
Report peter the butcher February 11, 2016 10:50 AM GMT
I didn't get tickets in the ballot  for either Sunderland or Shrewsbury.

Sunderland is usually ok, no idea if I'll get one at Shrewsbury

They were happy enough to allocate me a ticket for our match in Denmark though
Report peter the butcher February 11, 2016 11:08 AM GMT
I have said that for years on here 1%.

They hate the old skool fans who have stood by them for forty plus years. We don't spend any money at United other than our season tickets. Not even a programme or a pie. We refuse to boost the owners pockets. They  know tourists, day trippers and corporates will spend a fortune in the club shop, bar, food, tour etc etc

We spend a lot of money on our away trips and happily spend money inside the away grounds. Even the ticket money for away matches doesn't go to the Glazer's in fact they subsidise the ticket to the tune of £4 which is money they get from the league.

In many cases they treat us like non desirables and would happily wish is away but when it all goes tits up they know the tourists and the glory fans will be running off in the opposite direction. We could take our bat home and leave them to it, but why should we? It's our club and will be when we eventually get rid of the owners.

They might not like us but they will find they need us when things are not rosy.

How many of the tourists go to the likes of Derby, Stoke, Sunderland etc on a wet windy cold night?

This season I've been to Belgium, Holland , Russia, Germany and Denmark next week. Yet they tell me I've been unsuccessful for a ticket to the likes of Everton, thirty miles up the road.

They don't give me a ticket for Chelsea and I end up standing outside our end twenty minutes into the match begging a ticket from stewards who have confiscated three tickets from p1ssed mancs

That's the life of football fans these days.
Report OnePercenter February 11, 2016 11:50 AM GMT
Sadly just a cow to be milked.
Report bbc2 February 11, 2016 12:00 PM GMT
thats wrong if you dont get a ticket peter
Report peter the butcher February 11, 2016 12:05 PM GMT
I know Beeb but they don't care. To be fair the United fans committee have made good progress in getting United to understand the problems but as soon as they resolve them they create more
Report anxious February 11, 2016 12:14 PM GMT
peter I can go back years when we had to get tokens from the reserve game programmes to get tickets for big games and then queue up in the rain early mornings to get tickets for semi finals etc
Report anxious February 11, 2016 12:15 PM GMT
you will remember al that nonsense
Report anxious February 11, 2016 12:16 PM GMT
its a lot worse now though
Report anxious February 11, 2016 12:17 PM GMT
that automatic cup scheme is a disgrace
Report peter the butcher February 11, 2016 12:25 PM GMT
Yes of course anxious but at least the tokens sort of resembled some sort of loyalty. I remember us playing Sheffield Weds and there were about 18000 there for the token and after we'd got it we wanted to leave but they made us watch the match. Nowadays euro always are the only arches where loyalty rewarded, the rest are so called luck of the ballot.

This will be schedule in a nine day period

Saturday- drive up to Sunderland for an early kick off. Wander around looking for two tickets for me and my lad.  Long drive back

Wednesday- Fly to Amsterdam, change flights and then to Copenhagen, stay hotel Copenhagen.
Thursday- train from Copenhagen to Herning which takes about 5 hours from hotel. Find United ticket allocation point, produce passport as Id, watch em them video us as we are given tickets. Approx 45 min walk to the ground. Watch match,either walk back to train station or get one of two busses United have put on but its tight so will walk in case bus fills up. Train leaves 10pm so will get back to Copenhagen at approx 3am

Saturday- leave Copenhagen for Manchester

Monday- leave Manchester 8am for Shrewsbury, look for a ticket when we get there. Nine of our group without tickets.
If we don't find tickets we will have to watch match in pub or go for a curry.
Arrive back home  around 2am
Report peter the butcher February 11, 2016 12:27 PM GMT
I think we have got around 1200 tickets for Shrewsbury.

To put that into context we got 5500 tickets for Derby and Buzzby, myself and my lad only found tickets about ten minutes before kick off, loads locked out of that without.
Report peter the butcher February 11, 2016 12:32 PM GMT
They should start giving away fans the whole of one end behind the goals, I love it when loads of away fans come to United. It makes it a far better atmosphere and fans at other clubs say the same.

To be fair we've had Spurs fans committee helping us get the tickets we are entitled to as they understand this. Spurs and other clubs have been reducing our allocation on flimsy grounds, mainly for standing up, bad language, drunken behaviour etc.
Report grumpyjim February 11, 2016 3:56 PM GMT
three thousand ,six hundred pounds for a super bowl ticket ..CHEAPEST ??
no wonder Americans want the price increased ..
STILL A GOOD CALL TO LEAVE ... sooner than later ...as T.V  ..going to look bad EMPTY STADIA ..........
we should all do that .....   FUNILLY THATS WHEN I LEAVE OR STUCK...FOR HOURS IN TRAFFIC .............need 13  minutes for a FLYER  only way .
  77 .. minutes now in football history books .. Game move ON ... but not always for the BETTER ......
OH ......... Forgot.......  be 2 hours early .....or no space to....... PARK .. ..BEAUTIFUL GAME .............
Report easyrider69 February 11, 2016 4:34 PM GMT
Some schedule that Pete..I often wonder how much you spend following Utd in a year..(apart from jumping on trains for free etc) Will undersatnd if you dont wish to divulge on here but you should send that weed Ed a copy of your scedule and thank him for ensuring youve no chance of getting tickets....Angry
Report degsy42 February 11, 2016 5:06 PM GMT
good job your male escort service pays well pete
Report 11kv February 11, 2016 6:58 PM GMT
Must a right payer that job of yours....Mischief
Report sofiakenny February 11, 2016 7:05 PM GMT
Please god not that boring self serving clown Moronho.CryCryCry
Report grumpyjim February 11, 2016 7:13 PM GMT
moving on Kenny...  again something to prove at worlds top venue for FOOTBALL..??
Bring it on ....might just be better who knows ?
another big payment to LVG >  endless mess ............if he gets marching orders ..
can stay for me ..............?..
Report ufcdan February 11, 2016 8:53 PM GMT
The kebab muncher still moaning about away tickets Sad had a thought the easiest way to sort it would make it mandatory for clubs to allocate ten percent of the grounds capacity so 7,000 at OT 4,500 Stamford Bridge 2,000 at Bournemouth. Would make for a good atmosphere inside the ground. Simples Excited
Report ufcdan February 11, 2016 8:55 PM GMT
good job your male escort job pays well Pete

On that basis degsy Pete wouldn't be able to afford Oldham away Wink
Report easyrider69 February 11, 2016 9:56 PM GMT
time to buy a few tennis balls Wink
Report David Icke February 11, 2016 10:05 PM GMT
Try to poach the  Tottenham manager.
Report peter the butcher February 11, 2016 10:53 PM GMT

Feb 11, 2016 -- 2:55PM, ufcdan wrote:

good job your male escort job pays well PeteOn that basis degsy Pete wouldn't be able to afford Oldham away

You bought me a curry didn't you? That was my best bit of business all week Sad

Report peter the butcher February 11, 2016 10:58 PM GMT
They already have a scheme in place where clubs are supposed to give each other 3000 tickets or a certain percentage. For cup games its more.

We keep getting penalised by other clubs for so called misdemeanours. There is only Chelsea who regularly give us our 3000 tickets although they didn't on Sunday because they said something about taking out a few rows for disabled access.

Clubs like City, Liverpool, Spurs, Stoke, Everton and a good few others regularly give us a reduced allocation.

Blackburn and Wigan sometimes gave us 6000 to 8000 tickets for matches to fill the stadium. Fantastic atmosphere for both sets of fans
Report peter the butcher February 11, 2016 11:11 PM GMT
Over 5500 at the Under 21's derby tonight. United beat City 1-0 and have now gone top of the table and we are 10 points ahead of City. Their academy might have more money and a better set up but it still has to produce the goods.

Its the younger teams where we are really struggling.
Report peter the butcher February 11, 2016 11:19 PM GMT
On the subject of the Academy we should find out by next week who Brian Mcclair's replacement is. Its taken forever to sort out and there is no excuse for it but Ed reckons the club have been restructuring the whole Academy set up so watch this space.

If we can get anywhere near the Chelsea Academy set up we will do well imo
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now