Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
27 Dec 10 00:11
| Topic/replies: 46,980 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report peter the butcher May 25, 2016 11:21 AM BST
Welcome back luna, nice to see you return to the fray. Its good to see you still love Mourinho as much as you always did Devil

You and Kenny will no doubt keep the rest of us on our toes this season.

No problem with that but would it be possible for you make up for it by re-supplying us with some of your huge odds ante post bets for which you are famed?
Report grumpyjim May 25, 2016 11:36 AM BST
we are about to buy into Team JOSE , with his band of brothers  ,ready to carry out his Master Plan .
the3rd throw of the dice.. ?  650  million followers of united World Wide .. mostly nowhere near BRITAIN Ireland nor THE THEATRE OF DREAMS .................PETER CALLED IT RIGHT ITS ABOUT SELLING THE WARES .AND SCOOPING UP THE ATMOSPHER ON THE T.V.  .Game Set and MATCH ...............FOR MR ED ..MAYBE  ???  . ..sold down the ship  canal ..?????  Managers used to getting Sacked .. NOW  .....
MUST MISS  OUT OF THE C/L  .. FOR ANOTHER 12 MONTHS ...?..MUST GO WELL IN THE DOMESTIC STUFF . STRAIGHT AWY ...? 
Report anxious May 25, 2016 12:00 PM BST
Hey jim after you excellent preview of the copa del rey and European cup final I was wondering what about Spain in the Euros , they are not favourites but they still have some great players, can they go far or do they lack a top goalscorer and are the Spanish confident.
Report bigH May 25, 2016 12:32 PM BST
PTB - I was surprised by your post about not knowing LVG's philosophy.

His philosophy has been there for all to see for years

Bayern Munich went backwards rapidly under him  finishing 3rd in Bundesliga in 2011

Holland in the last World Cup were awful - the exact opposite of total football

Cruyff was spot on about LVG
Report bigH May 25, 2016 12:32 PM BST
PTB - I was surprised by your post about not knowing LVG's philosophy.

His philosophy has been there for all to see for years

Bayern Munich went backwards rapidly under him  finishing 3rd in Bundesliga in 2011

Holland in the last World Cup were awful - the exact opposite of total football

Cruyff was spot on about LVG
Report peter the butcher May 25, 2016 12:55 PM BST
bigH, I think I was just so relieved to get rid of the disaster that was Moyes that I didn't really think LVG's style of football would become as big an issue as it has.

Under Moyes the players were running the show, the discipline throughout the club was horrific, the transfer targets were more in desperation, the ambition was at an all time low and we had a manager who looked like  a rabbit caught in headlights.

I knew or thought that a known disciplinarian like LVG would bring some of the so called superstars back down to earth, would get us organised on the training ground and on the pitch, overlook internal issues and actually look like a United manager in front of the media. I and others also said he was only a short term appointment (3 years) and wasn't really the long term answer.

On the whole he did what we thought he would off the pitch but we didn't think he would be as rigid with his style of play as he has been. Also I didn't realise he was so inflexible and that he would react as badly to criticism as he has. By that I mean he seemed to be prepared to cut off his nose to spite his face but for no reason other than to say "I'm always right" when he clearly wasn't.

Its a shame but even though he got us in the CL last season and only missed out on goal difference this season plus winning an FA Cup I can assure you that most fans would have wanted him out even if we'd gone close to winning the league as well.
Report peter the butcher May 25, 2016 1:00 PM BST
Mourinho is a different kettle of fish imo.

If he behaves as he has in the past then I expect a roller coaster of a ride and we may win a trophy or two with the club, manager and team embroiled in controversy, conflict and drama.

However he has been given the perfect opportunity to make himself a United legend and stay here for many years.

My guess is that is what will be in his mind. we know he loves the country and the Premier League and I reckon he will see this as his last big club job before he takes on a National managerial position somewhere.

If that is the case it will be great for United.

I'm not too fussed about his behaviour as long as it doesn't reach the "poking eyes" stage again. I reckon he's like Keane or Cantona in that you lose something if you ask them to be like angels.
Report peter the butcher May 25, 2016 1:02 PM BST
jim,

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mourinho make a proper attempt to win one of the cups on offer next season as he will see it as being important to get one up on the board asap.
Report peter the butcher May 25, 2016 1:04 PM BST
Shame the Fat Spanish Waiter isn't still in the Premier league as that would have been another clash with United/Mourinho worth watching.

He's just signed a new Newcastle contract so hopefully they will come back up soon
Report themover May 25, 2016 1:07 PM BST
has the countdown to the next Mourinho meltdown started yet Confused
Report peter the butcher May 25, 2016 1:40 PM BST
Bloody hell mover, you lot aren't in any fit state to comment about United. We beat you at your place, won a trophy more than you did and got the same no of points as you in the league.

We have described it as one of our worst seasons for decades whilst you lads think you've had a good season.....Grin
Report themover May 25, 2016 2:08 PM BST
I think we got a trophy as well Wink
Report peter the butcher May 25, 2016 2:16 PM BST
I was struggling to type out that we'd won a trophy with it being the FA Cup.......
Report themover May 25, 2016 2:48 PM BST
City's was memorable as it equalled the amount of times United have won it Blush
Report rommel May 25, 2016 3:54 PM BST
not geting the cl spot might scupper the special needs one from the off
Report peter the butcher May 25, 2016 4:14 PM BST
lol mover, I honestly wouldn't know how many times we've won the League Cup although I've been to a good few finals. I do remember giving a f uck when Liverpool beat us in it years ago but that was about the only time.
Report anxious May 25, 2016 5:23 PM BST
United won it 4 times peter 1992 1-0 v forest , 2006 4-0 v wigan , 2009 on penalties v Tottenham , 2010 2-1 v aston villa, scouse beat us 1983 2-1 , Sheffield wed beat us 1-0 1991 , aston villa beat us 3-1 1994 , scouse beat us in Cardiff 2-0
Report HarmonicaPhil May 25, 2016 5:26 PM BST
Any truth in the Matic to Utd story?
Report duffy May 25, 2016 5:57 PM BST
hope not, looked gone at the game last season
Report anxious May 25, 2016 6:01 PM BST
Matic would definitely improve our midfield which lacks pace and energy
Report HoofArted May 25, 2016 9:04 PM BST
So Chelski still own the rights to Jose's brand/image.  How the hell was that not discovered when we put him on a retainer?  This could get messy as he must have been paid a fortune to hand that over.
Report anxious May 26, 2016 11:58 AM BST
Surely United should have realised that this problem might occur , not just having a go at ED for the sake of it but is he really up to this job , the amount of bungling and farcical behaviour we have seen over past 2-3 years is astonishing, I hope ED does not overpay Chelsea for these rights or give them a tip or something.
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 26, 2016 12:26 PM BST
Not read up on this but it seems strange. Why would Chelsea have the image rights to Jose anyway? And - more importantly - why wouldn't that contract just say image rights while employed. Seems to me like Jose's lawyer has bungled this when negotiating that deal.
Report anxious May 26, 2016 12:50 PM BST
True it could be abramovich just wants to delay because it makes United look incompetent. I think there as been quite lot of bad blood over last few years with Kenyon going to Chelsea , the fighting between players I think it was 4 years ago several got charged evra etc, I don't think Abramovich ever got over the Moscow final and JT slip Grin
Report rommel May 26, 2016 12:53 PM BST
and youd knwo anx-if anyone would
Report anxious May 26, 2016 1:04 PM BST
What are you trying to say Rommel explain yourself man
Report rommel May 26, 2016 1:06 PM BST
was just saying the other day,you wanna know about russian squillionares,anxous is your man
Report anxious May 26, 2016 1:12 PM BST
Your talking in riddles again Rommel why would i know anything more about Abramovivch
Report rommel May 26, 2016 1:15 PM BST

May 26, 2016 -- 12:50PM, anxious wrote:

True it could be abramovich just wants to delay because it makes United look incompetent. I think there as been quite lot of bad blood over last few years with Kenyon going to Chelsea , the fighting between players I think it was 4 years ago several got charged evra etc, I don't think Abramovich ever got over the Moscow final and JT slip

then why are you saying all of this?????

Report anxious May 26, 2016 1:21 PM BST
Im trying to  explain the controversy between Uand Chelsea over past years
Report anxious May 26, 2016 1:22 PM BST
United and chelsea
Report rommel May 26, 2016 1:24 PM BST
....and you're doing a sterling job,ive found hans christian anderson helps in times like these
Report anxious May 26, 2016 1:26 PM BST
Rommel have you nothing better to do than say silly things , go for a walk or something or try meditation Crazy
Report rommel May 26, 2016 1:30 PM BST
thank you anx,i'm touched by your concern,any vegan recipes?
Report anxious May 26, 2016 1:34 PM BST
No maybe you should try TOAD IN THE HOLE Laugh
Report anxious May 26, 2016 1:36 PM BST
Followed bye a nice piece of Manchester Tart
Report rommel May 26, 2016 1:46 PM BST
i like that manchester delicacy,the bread sandwich,3 rounds of bread,its filling
Report anxious May 26, 2016 1:51 PM BST
There is always spotted dick
Report duffy May 26, 2016 1:58 PM BST
Ibrahimovic desperate to come to United by the sound of it.....34, fook meCrazy, wouldn't be a good start for Mourinho, ancient and with as bad an attitude as he has.
Report rommel May 26, 2016 2:01 PM BST
a money grubbing vain fckn diva is just what utd need
Report rommel May 26, 2016 2:02 PM BST
...but having 2 would look greedy
Report OnePercenter May 26, 2016 4:01 PM BST
rommel, get help for your United obsession. I'm sure your GP has treated many of your fellow Liverpool supporters for this debilitating condition.
Report peter the butcher May 26, 2016 5:28 PM BST
Mourinho just been announced as the new manager

Should be fun next season
Report peter the butcher May 26, 2016 5:29 PM BST
Mourinho, Zlat about that?
Report OnePercenter May 26, 2016 5:41 PM BST
We should now get some good centrebacks. A tricky right winger and some steel in midfield and we should be challenging for the title next season.

I just hope Jose conducts himself with a little more decorum from now on.
Report rommel May 26, 2016 6:20 PM BST
mourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeenio,the human fckn submarine,he'll sink u fooookers
Report rommel May 26, 2016 6:24 PM BST

May 26, 2016 -- 4:01PM, OnePercenter wrote:

rommel, get help for your United obsession. I'm sure your GP has treated many of your fellow Liverpool supporters for this debilitating condition.

cant fight the hate,lurvinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn it Jose is the chosen one,but not by bobby

Report easyrider69 May 26, 2016 6:41 PM BST
Welcome Mr Mourinho - welcome to the biggest club in England
Welcome to the club you really wanted to manage

We welcome you with open arms in the hope that you will enjoy your stay, we wish you an exciting successful time , were you realise you have joined a club with real history, a ethos which few understand.
We expect you to be our leader, we expect you to return this club to the feared team we were, both on and of the pitch.
We expect you to make us the most talked about , hated club in Europe.

We expect to see you back to your annoying snarling pompous self righteous best....

Let the fun and games begin....Grin
Report anxious May 26, 2016 6:44 PM BST
ha ha and so say all of us Happy
Report rommel May 26, 2016 6:48 PM BST
welcome Jose,SPEND SPEND SPEND SPEND,JUST KEEP BEING YOU, a complete and utter t***pot and nearly every footy fan in the country will lubs ya
Report anxious May 26, 2016 7:09 PM BST
Rommel please take your tea time medication and be ready for matron she is doing the baths tonight Crazy
Report rommel May 26, 2016 7:13 PM BST
jm-he's 53,hes crashed and burned,his brand is to say the least tarnished...and you lot let him loose on 1/4-1/2 a billion,3 years.....
Report anxious May 26, 2016 7:35 PM BST
Jose Mouriniho team he has most premier league victories against = Mersey Port LaughLaugh
Report peter the butcher May 26, 2016 8:53 PM BST
We can't be singing the Chelsea chant for Mourinho and although a few variations already being aired the following is an early contender

Dance dance dance
For Mourinho
Sing sing sing
For Mourinho
Fight fight fight
For Mourinho

Can't wait for the fun and the drama
Report ufcdan May 26, 2016 9:23 PM BST
Jose Mourinho with Utd is on the trophy hunt,
Pity he now manages a bunch of........... can't think of a word that rhymes Wink
Report peter the butcher May 26, 2016 9:24 PM BST
All those Mourinho songs we used to sing about him and telling him to f uck off.......

He's been harassed all day and looks a bit bewildered by all the coverage.

Welcome to a proper big club and bloody behave yourself
Report ufcdan May 26, 2016 9:24 PM BST
No need to thank me lads, I'm sure I can come up with a few more songs for you Cool
Report peter the butcher May 26, 2016 9:24 PM BST
Now now dan
Report ufcdan May 26, 2016 9:25 PM BST
Shocked
Report ufcdan May 26, 2016 9:26 PM BST
Laying you lot and sh1tty Pep and Jose to flop Laugh
Report peter the butcher May 26, 2016 9:28 PM BST
Will you be watching the unveiling dan, it might be fun
Report ufcdan May 26, 2016 9:29 PM BST
Might give a glance sick bucket nearby Scared By the way finally exchanged Wink
Report peter the butcher May 26, 2016 9:32 PM BST
One of our close mates who never misses a match threatened to never go to another match as he hates Mourinho. We told him pre season was in China and he loves Chinese food so he's changed his mind already

The will power of a gnat Grin
Report peter the butcher May 26, 2016 9:33 PM BST
Excellent news re the exchange. What a relief.
Report ufcdan May 26, 2016 9:34 PM BST
TBF you have no standards if there's a free curry involved Cool
Report ufcdan May 26, 2016 9:35 PM BST
Yes mate cheers, not completing until early July though Plain
Report peter the butcher May 26, 2016 10:32 PM BST
"I am the honoured one" would be my guess tomorrow
Report grumpyjim May 26, 2016 10:36 PM BST
ALL ABOARD ...........The JOSE EXPRESS ...........
can only be an improvement on past two ..
welcome number THREE .. Queue  up for LARGE..... DOSES of ..JOSE  .......................with or without condiments ? . Hope MR  ED ...NOW owns him on behalf of.. THE WORLDS GREATEST CLUB..  RESURRECTION ............
PHASE THREE  ...REBUILDING OF OLDER HEADS A CERTAINTY  ..BUT THE SHOP WINDOW MUST HAVE new young uns . in the MIX ..   RUN THROUGH BRICK WALLS COMES TO MIND  .. for the special ONE ...
might even take one more trip to the old Theatre  ...................OF DREAMS ....
Report peter the butcher May 26, 2016 10:42 PM BST
Hi Jim- In the next few days you will see all sorts of stories of how the whole United board wanted Mourinho and how he and Fergie and really good pals. Maybe even some suggestion to say that Sir Bobby changed his mind.

They can't say too much otherwise can they?

Fergie did have reservations but accepted he was the best man for the job but Charlton isn't too happy.

Don't care what he thinks personally, you can be sure the players will be on their toes now
Report kavvie May 26, 2016 10:55 PM BST
im really thrilled with this appointment.specially with the 3 years lucrative contract...he will be gone in 6/9 months after several rows with players,the staff and the owners. he will waste 150m on jorge inspired signings and fergie will be begged to come back in the new year.. and liverpool will be in an unassailable lead in the league by easter...
Report grumpyjim May 26, 2016 10:59 PM BST
mr ALAN F has been given FREE lance JOURNAL STATUS THIS COULD BE GOOD  ..
will have access to JOSE ..??  must fall in like the troops or your out of step ..
old Dinosaures    even get in step .. ?  GIGGS NEEDS TO GO PLUS SOME OTHERS  ..........This should see the last clear out Surely >> ??  NO REGRETS ABOUT LVG  ....done a lot of spadework here and there  ..?
rid of some that were not UNITED STANDARD >  great job on that to be fair .. stabbed at end .. no BLOOD >>
on the large playoff Cheque  ..
Report peter the butcher May 26, 2016 11:04 PM BST
Its funny how Liverpool fans are mostly slagging off the Mourinho appointment when we know full well that they really didn't want it.

Contrast that with United fans reluctantly accepting that Klopp was a great appointment for Liverpool
Report peter the butcher May 26, 2016 11:05 PM BST
If Fergie had been given the choice of coming back or Mourinho getting the job I think he might have come back himself. He really wasn't keen originally, lets hope he's happier in a few months
Report peter the butcher May 26, 2016 11:06 PM BST
Alan F been ringing me to see what I think of his book, can't read his bloody writing Jim
Report grumpyjim May 26, 2016 11:17 PM BST
nobody decipher IT at all>...?
thankfully only a DRAFT  .............
one thing he will be back earning again ....
all Managers go back and bring their trusty people  from   previous   stints with them  .
it is a good thing,,,, and extra strong bench ,,can be costly ..?  to bring back the required GRAVY ..
surely be interesting times .. we had some real shockers under the last 2 Managers to be Honest ..?
Report anxious May 26, 2016 11:17 PM BST
It is astounding is it no this social media lark , every now and then I go on bluemoon just to read some of the nonsense and bile spit out by the berties in fact there are pages and pages written about United it is by far the biggest threads on the whole forum, they have even got a thread on jose it started on Tuesday and is 46 pages of hate and absolute garbage, truly it unbelievable how they are obsessed with Manchester United.
Report grumpyjim May 26, 2016 11:21 PM BST
this season  was very fortunate to watch ..VERON AT UDLP .. walk through games never losing the ball a 40 years of age was a breath of fresh air ,, shows what Rooney could do if he got stuck in >> ....
Report grumpyjim May 26, 2016 11:35 PM BST
anxious ... c/l .. finale ... slightly favour REAL MADRID ..  not big score ,, as defences are both pretty  good .. what swings it for me ==  is  poor results for ATHLETICO ..  losing to lower sides who had a real go at them .losing to Levante , Rayo Vallecano,  Malaga ,..and the biggie to BAYERN >  ...
our ROnnie will be desperate to get his hands on the trophy ..can actually see Bale and him kissing in this one ??...................? hope this helps ..Spanish sides are going really well for a few years w and no sign of letting up .. Scoring for fun on the break often ........
Report sofiakenny May 26, 2016 11:55 PM BST
I just hope he keeps his fingers out of peoples eyes..cant.
Report lfc1971 May 26, 2016 11:57 PM BST
This is a great appointment for Utd, and for Liverpool and Klopp...Next season could be terrific
When Klopp puts Mourinho and Utd back in their box it will prove it is still possible to be a hero, even today.
Heroism looks different now that's all, but should Klopp put together a team to better Mourinho and utd and all the rest then that would be fame...and greatness!
Report grumpyjim May 27, 2016 12:01 AM BST
big spends for all ahead .. Leicester did it with  .. only loose change ...?
be back in bottom half now as too difficult to repeat ,, such bad performances from BIG BOYS ...?
Report lfc1971 May 27, 2016 12:05 AM BST
next season all any team needs is to get a few points ahead, possibly as little as 6, at any time of the season.
Get a gap of 6-8 points and you will not be caught.
Report lfc1971 May 27, 2016 12:08 AM BST
next season all any team will need is a small lead, possibly as little as 6 points and they will not be caught. A lead of 6-8 points at any time of the season will be enough.
Report lfc1971 May 27, 2016 12:11 AM BST
so many teams can take points of the top 4 or 5 teams. This means that a small lead is so important, because if a team gets away the rest will not have the consistency to catch up
Report lfc1971 May 27, 2016 12:14 AM BST
If Liverpool, or a number of teams can win 6 or 7, maybe 8 games in a row that would be enough to win the league.
Report anxious May 27, 2016 12:19 AM BST
As long as it is not the Mickeys from Mersey port Cool
Report anxious May 27, 2016 12:20 AM BST
Cheers jim for the latest from Espana
Report lfc1971 May 27, 2016 12:20 AM BST
How do you win 7 games in a row? I don`t know.
Report Capt__F May 27, 2016 12:21 AM BST
drugs
Report lfc1971 May 27, 2016 12:27 AM BST
HappyI don`t believe there are drugs in English football, maybe that's naïve.
Report anxious May 27, 2016 12:27 AM BST
7 games in a row you lost to Sevilla lfc
Report lfc1971 May 27, 2016 12:35 AM BST
yes anxious but the league is different, in a cup competition you do not play everyone else. In the league you do, it is really a fact that winning 6 in a row did not matter to Sevilla.
Those 6 wins in a row in the league would have meant the game against Sevilla may not have mattered
In the league 6 in a row perhaps 8 next season will be enough
It seems easy
Report anxious May 27, 2016 12:39 AM BST
I think Leicester won 4 in a row 1-0 near the end , that's what clinched it for them
Report anxious May 27, 2016 12:40 AM BST
Funnily enough Chelsea and Mersey Port must have a chance next season with no European distractions
Report lfc1971 May 27, 2016 12:49 AM BST
Not sure Liverpool are physical strong enough at the minute. To be honest I was really impressed with Spurs in their drawn game with Chelsea at the end of the season.
They were not prepared to allow Chelsea to bully them. I would like to see their English players play the same way for England next month.
If Spurs can play like that next season they will be unbeatable.
Report anxious May 27, 2016 12:54 AM BST
Nobody is unbeatable lfc , Tottenham need more experience players , they lost the plot when the pressure was on.
Report lfc1971 May 27, 2016 12:59 AM BST
no I don`t think they did. This is simply how you win tournaments. Spurs perhaps went a little over, but not by much. They drew the game but really could have won it 3-1, that would have been a true reflection.
They were at that stage under intense pressure but unless England and our club teams learn again to play this way in Europe we will continue to fail.
Report grumpyjim May 27, 2016 6:28 AM BST
Chelsea spurs worst game witnessed in a very long time
too much at stake for  both side  neither handled it well at all .. disgraceful  advert for  the  beautiful   GAME .my opinion .
Report grumpyjim May 27, 2016 6:44 AM BST
Mourinho  ...just ended worst spell in his career   .. something learned that many of us have done .. Gone back to old haunt ..  HAUNT .. operative word .. as never same second time UP  .
MISTAKE  ..............NEW start at northern Powerhouse .. still has an enormous task to beat his old rival  only   4  miles away .. and his record is not best in HEAD TO HEAD with the REAL SPECIAL ONE ...  Guardiola ..?????...........................exciting typing this out .. mouth  watering ..  for us FANS ................Make a man of him if he deals EVA in rights a wrong .. can he rise above  what has gone before . ..LESSONS   .... LEARNED ..HOPEFULLY  .... this is a 24 X 7 .. day job .. every day of the year ........ BEST WISHES TO JOSE... WILL NEED THEM  ...
Report rommel May 27, 2016 7:21 AM BST
can jm get through the first year?with no cl football?he's built up a bank of enemies in the english game which only make things harder for utd,loads of juice in the city games with pep,arsenal,any history with spurs?liverpool games a given.....jm can probably do it on the pitch thats not the problem,wtf happened at chels and r madrid?if utd didnt fancy him 3 years ago why are they getting him now after the chels debacle
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now