Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
27 Dec 10 00:11
| Topic/replies: 46,817 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report ufcdan April 24, 2016 8:50 PM BST
If Leicester need to beat us don't think there will be many Chelsea fans cheering us on to win,at the risk of sounding like Kevin Keegan I would absolutely love it if they thought we were bent, the rivalry would continue Cool Champions league revisited Laugh
Report anxious April 24, 2016 8:56 PM BST
crikey I think Leicester look a good thing then Cool
Report ufcdan April 24, 2016 8:58 PM BST
Hope so mate anyone but Spurs I've laid Leicester and backed Spurs...........that should do it Wink
Report peter the butcher April 25, 2016 3:30 PM BST
Afternoon
Report peter the butcher April 25, 2016 3:33 PM BST
So Wayne reckons he will be the new Scholesy Shocked God give me strength

Soon he will be the new Steve Bruce and then the new Paddy Roche.

I suppose anywhere will do when you are on 300k a week, an 82m fortune and number one spot as the richest British footballer.
Report peter the butcher April 25, 2016 4:19 PM BST
We been given 28,000 tickets for the final. Less than we got for the semi final. Plenty for the suits and corporates I imagine
Report TheBetterBettor April 25, 2016 10:42 PM BST
For the obsessed gatecrashers.....

Report peter the butcher April 26, 2016 12:06 PM BST
Morning
Report peter the butcher April 26, 2016 12:07 PM BST
Jim, sorry I forgot all about your laptop. Are you still having problems with it? Presumably it does work sometimes as you are posting on here.
Report nineiron April 26, 2016 12:25 PM BST
Morning pedro
Rattler booked for the fa cup
Off to punchestown tomorrow with your ex chairman ( not Martin Edwards lol )
£20 return flight
Complimentarys of bbeettddaaqq

Favourite in the first at punchestown fancied
Report grumpyjim April 26, 2016 4:15 PM BST
think its OK again peter thanks ...all my fault...  as grey matter gets Thicker ..Mate .. Cheers hope you are well , in all your travels .
Report peter the butcher April 26, 2016 11:21 PM BST
Thanks for that winner today nineiron. Hope you won a few bob overall.

Have you got yerself a ticket for the final?
Report peter the butcher April 26, 2016 11:24 PM BST
Hi Jim, pleased the laptop is working again. I've just been backwards and forwards every week, seems to have been a long season but I think its the football we have to watch.

Anyway he's got us to the final so will have a good day there whether we win or lose. Hopefully we could still nick a CL place so that jose or whoever can have a crack at that next season.
Report peter the butcher April 26, 2016 11:26 PM BST
If we win our remaining four games and there is a win for either City or Arsenal when they play each other we will definitely be in the top four. Methinks that isn't going to happen but we might still steal a place as I can see both those teams dropping points elsewhere.
Report anxious April 27, 2016 12:08 AM BST
but I don't think we will win all our games , can see both Norwich and west ham away being difficult
Report nineiron April 27, 2016 1:20 AM BST
No tickets at present bud generally ok as have good contacts
Sometimes have to pay over the odds but hey ho
Report peter the butcher April 27, 2016 3:15 PM BST
I can see odd tickets being available on the day nineiron so its worth a trip down there anyway imo. On the face of it that's a pretty bold prediction but after the initial scramble there always seem to be a few spares going around

Season ticket holders who have been to every cup match in both FA Cup and Europa and Execs total 29,000 and I think we have 28,000 tickets. On top of that loads of those tickets will be given to players and officials so if everybody applies there will be loads who have done every match and still don't get a ticket but how many of them will actually make the effort to go down there without? Not many I suspect.
Report the_don April 27, 2016 7:03 PM BST
We will be the 'away' team at the cup final and will be wearing white shirts, black shorts and white socks.

Last team to win the FA Cup Final wearing their away kit was.......?
Report peter the butcher April 27, 2016 10:19 PM BST
Arsenal last year?
Report peter the butcher April 27, 2016 10:20 PM BST
Did they win it last year? Arsenal definitely won it in that yellow kit of theirs in last couple of years
Report peter the butcher April 27, 2016 10:21 PM BST
I don't mind us wearing that white kit, we've done alright in that a few times haven't we?
Report the_don April 27, 2016 10:25 PM BST
Yep it was Arsenal last year v Villa. Blush

I was thinking the last time might have been when Liverpool (Michael Owen) beat Arsenal (2001?) but just remembered Wigan were in their away kit too when they edged out our neighbours in 2013. Happy
Report the_don April 27, 2016 10:27 PM BST
Might have to bring back Whiteside and Robson for the white kit.

As long as Utd don't ask for another 'wall of white' Crazy
Report peter the butcher April 27, 2016 10:31 PM BST
Yep the handful who wore those shirts at Anfield looked very embarrassed especially as lads weren't too subtle telling them what they thought Devil
Report anxious April 27, 2016 10:31 PM BST
my favourite cup final is either 1977 or 1996 both against the mickeys when they had their white suits Excited
Report peter the butcher April 27, 2016 10:35 PM BST
Loved the 77 cup final because we'd won nowt for so long and the Bobby Stokes goal the year before had been so disappointing
Report anxious April 27, 2016 10:38 PM BST
who do you think will win the champions league peter
Report peter the butcher April 27, 2016 10:38 PM BST
The Cup Winners Cup final was some occasion too. Beating Barcelona like that and we wore white shirts in that match.

Who can forget Hughesy rounding their keeper and smashing it in instead of sidefooting it.

Rotterdam trip was unreal Laugh
Report anxious April 27, 2016 10:38 PM BST
Athletico Madrid for me
Report peter the butcher April 27, 2016 10:41 PM BST
I still fancy Bayern mate. They might need three goals to get to the final but they look too good to me.

Athletico are the biggest dangers.

Don't see City getting through unless Ronaldo is still out and in the final Ronaldo would have to put on some show to beat Bayern. They can't do it unless he's on top form imo
Report anxious April 27, 2016 10:45 PM BST
and in the snooker I will go for alan Macmanus at 12s
Report HarmonicaPhil April 28, 2016 1:58 PM BST
Leicester will feel under less pressure against us and  therefore will probably put in a better performance than in most of their recent games
Utd will have to play at their best to win.I can see a draw and an end to our top four hopes.Hope I'm wrong.I usually am.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys April 28, 2016 4:49 PM BST
Quite fancied Utd to beat em on Sun... seems every other fooker does too, 11/10 versus the Champions elect Plain
Report OnePercenter April 28, 2016 5:55 PM BST
It will be great for Leicester to win the league at OT, the home of the Premier League title Laugh
Report grumpyjim April 28, 2016 7:15 PM BST
athletico  ht ft  11to2    .. laid a bit back in .. they are my favourites now ..  1 goal  and bus parked 1 breakaway .. and torres not to miss this time .. ..like the manager . wont move for all tea in china ..??.seems the real deal manager ..??
Report grumpyjim April 28, 2016 7:25 PM BST
club 1 billion  behind   ?????    wont be good to let Leicester sail away with the title with a lot at stake for fans .. and a team ,, that duffed us up a few times recently ..???  end season with at least our heads in place ...
Report ufcdan April 28, 2016 8:42 PM BST
Evening all. Please, please, please, please beat Leicester on Sunday so we have a chance to screw spurs Monday night Cool
Report anxious April 28, 2016 9:07 PM BST
I hear Tottenham have got tickets for all over the bridge Excited
Report anxious April 28, 2016 9:08 PM BST
8 to 10 thousand strong
Report ufcdan April 28, 2016 9:10 PM BST
Let em come CoolWink
Report anxious April 28, 2016 9:14 PM BST
Glory Glory Hallelujah.Excited
Report Capt__F April 29, 2016 12:00 AM BST
I hear Tottenham have got tickets for all over the bridge Excited

from where ?

Police incident ?
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys April 29, 2016 5:56 AM BST
#TeamPando
Report anxious April 29, 2016 6:45 PM BST
latest betting for next United Manager sky bet
jose mourinho 1-4
Laurent blanc5-1
pottechino 6-1
ryan gigs 7-1
rona;ld koeman 18s
33 bar
It does seem support for jose has dried up a little he was 1-8 a fortnight ago, Laurent blanc is the big mover in last week or so , reports now suggesting no agreement between United and Mourinho and that ED WOODWORK is mulling over whether to give LVG his final year , make of that what you want campers Crazy
Report bbc2 April 29, 2016 10:45 PM BST
anxious sky bet only take small bets so info is worth feck all
Report anxious April 29, 2016 10:54 PM BST
beeb the trend is the same with other bookmakers , coral , paddy power and bet victor , blanc has been backed a bit and jose is drifting slightly
Report tim6 April 29, 2016 11:08 PM BST
Blanc sums up utd's future under this manager will sink without a trace, unreal really when they had a manager like Jose willing to  take them forwards. Ed's ego afraid of a proper manager like Jose, goodbye utd ye were warned.
Report grumpyjim April 30, 2016 3:43 PM BST
looks like  even if we win nowt ,,..LVG will stay the trip  for at least another year clear out loads of  PLAYERS NOT FIT FOR HIS PURPOSE and run his failed plans this year with only players  who can keep and pass ball for as long ass needed to make a breakaway goal and retreat to defence defence and again defence ......??   Something to look forward to  saving MR  EDS JOB .. ...?? only chance if serious changes at management ..   Unlikely ??  OWNERS .. maybe ..  WHO KNOWS ?? ..must delay the Leicester   Bandwagon for another day if possible ..?..Billion Pound  CLUB IN TROUBLE SOMEWHAT ..?? ...was on cards ..? ...FULL MARKS TO LEICESTER FOR  STAYING THE TRIP  ....
Report dustybin April 30, 2016 3:53 PM BST
Jose will end up at PSG, hes vehicle imploding process ordinarily starts off from a high, he wont go to united now hes learned there is such a tepid response to him....he expected the place to bow at the very suggestion but I never happened.
LVG will be there start of next season, but united will have the FA cup in the process, but it will be only pot they win for a few more seasons
Report dustybin April 30, 2016 3:53 PM BST
it
Report dustybin April 30, 2016 4:02 PM BST
manure got more pressing issues right now.
Ill be having a little slurp tomorrow hoping the prawn sarnie brigade choke on their flat spritzers.
Report anxious April 30, 2016 5:25 PM BST
bellend
Report olddesperado April 30, 2016 7:01 PM BST
There does seem to be a push to sell season tickets quickly even offering incentives ive read.

Why is the question,
They hardly have cash flow issues so has to be another reason.

The announcement of a new manager would create a feel good factor and renewed hope and tickets should fly out the door.

Van gaal staying and a lot of people might not bother even someone as dedicated as peter has indicated he probably wouldnt renew his.

Worrying that they are trying to push them early.
Report grumpyjim April 30, 2016 8:40 PM BST
game changer now with season tickets .  get  them sold as soon as possible then little  to worry .. the powers that be ..?
so much money coming in  next season ..all money is up from sponsors tv etc .. so no worries if seasons go  ASAP ...
already quotes huge spending for united on media      .. to claim back  ,,,,,,a  ,,,LOT OF LOST GROUND IN A SEASON THAT WAS POOR VALUE  for fans , and worse the FRUSTRATION  ... so near but not good enough .. Manager did little wrong  ..  his support of players was overwhelming .. all in all  ...........WAS LET DOWN ..... and is a special breed for sure .. not another like him  .. in GAME ... left with no brolly every time  it went wrong .. felt a bit sorry at times  . nor could fathom out the GIGGS POSITION >>STRANGE INDEED  .............?  soon be all over ..   ?? but not tomorrow I hope ... ?
Report what do i do now? May 1, 2016 1:44 AM BST
Seven days and a few hours later, I've finally brought myself to see what you're saying. All put is this:

"peter the butcher
Everton should get rid of Martinez asap, they have almost gone as far back as we have and I'm not sure which one of LVG or Martinez talks most rubbish

Its to the credit of the Everton players that they built up a bit of momentum in the 2nd half and gave it a proper go because it was quite apparent they weren't as well prepared as they should have been in the first half. Mentally as much as anything I suspect"

The first half was a f***ing disgrace. How we weren't 3-0 down, I'll never know. Yes, "mentally" is right. Losing the derby is bad, but it's then 2 years before that that makes us miserable!

I thought we battered you second half. Bizarrely, it was our crap penalty that got us going. Then, once we got going, we were f***g brilliant. All over you. You were hanging on for dear life. Then that complacent c*** Stones didn't track a run.
Report grumpyjim May 1, 2016 1:21 PM BST
MAY DAY IS ON US ...Interesting now see fans reaction to further enhance the fall of united ..albeit    only mainly  monitarly   as shares dropped  ...Challenge for  MR ED   ,,can you finance the players and quality we need to play the new updated version .. of defence   first    ,,players good enough not to panic and keep ball   and when it leaves them     it    ....THE BALL  ....FINDS ANOTHER PLAYER WHO CAN DO THE SAME  WITH   ...eventually a   ATTACK   AND  SCORE ..  ...?
This  is a huge task  that will go on for years now  ARE WE READY FOR CHANGE ..    IT CERTAINLY IS   TIME      AND  OWNERS     ARE   REQUIRED TO STICK WITH THEIR    MAN   ..  MOVE ON  AND LETS SEE SOME REAL  CHALLENGES AHEAD FULFILLED ..  START WITH A WIN TODAY .. LAST FEW YEARS ARE IN EXACTLY  .. YES  .................  IN PAST .. BIGGY SORT OF DAY TODAY    MAYBE SOME I  S DOTTED AND T  S  CROSSED  WHO KNOWS ..
LEICESTER  TO WIN ANOTHER DAY  ....................BELIEVE  .........AS OUR JUDGE ,,,,,,,,  PETER WOULD SAY ..??
Report the_don May 1, 2016 5:17 PM BST
Think that's the chance of 4th place over with, even if City fail to beat Southampton. Can see us beating Bournemouth at home but not both our remaining aways (Norwich and West Ham). Hoping Rashford is finally given a break because every time I say that he scores in the next game!
Report anxious May 1, 2016 5:32 PM BST
Agree with that don today we played in fits and starts , started well but look dazed after Leicester equalised and failed in second half to produce any clear cut chances, thought rojo and Valencia today were poor, rashford looks tired and was off the pace , not good enough im afraid we don't really deserve fourth and that is damming for a club like Manchester United.
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 5:40 PM BST
get used to that
probability suggests you will pay with future disappointment for the exceptional period you had before.
Report the_don May 1, 2016 6:35 PM BST
Nobody's saying that we should win the league every other year but considering budgets and our pull/attractiveness to players and managers then we shouldn't be missing out on the top 4 for 2 seasons out of 3.
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 8:04 PM BST
eh?
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 8:08 PM BST
you dont own your soul anymore
what does or doesnt happen arnt your concern.
your club's soul was sold just like shares on the better times.
brand utd leveraged utd lehmans utd.
Report anxious May 1, 2016 8:22 PM BST
most football clubs have sold their souls name me one which is not controlled by big money merchants in the premier league
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 8:45 PM BST
Im glad it was you who responded anxious.

I see in you a drudgeon who carries the used sp0nk socks of forgotten and sold exploits.

Have you forgotten your directions to the heath?
Or was it literal?
The sold soul that took yours?

My reference of the 'den of inequity' is poignant.
Report anxious May 1, 2016 8:51 PM BST
your talking drivel im afraid , whatever your riddles mean they cannot take away our glorious history
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 8:54 PM BST
which bit do you think Im wrong?
the reference to the heath?
that all the honorable ones went an supported something else?
Report anxious May 1, 2016 8:58 PM BST
Ah newton heath and FC United now im with you
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 9:07 PM BST
correct
all those edward heath manikins
where did you all go?
the honourable ones?
Report anxious May 1, 2016 9:13 PM BST
Most of the Red army and the ICJ are now middle aged and old , have psychiatric or financial problems , or in prison or are divorced and living in hostels with drink and drug problems Crazy
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 9:15 PM BST
are you saying you are a collective of farts that cant even puff?
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 9:18 PM BST
utd isnt your now
you lost
if you had stood we all would have stood with you
you gave in about 3 years too early

what comes is of your own making, a tepid future of seminal loss
Report grumpyjim May 1, 2016 9:19 PM BST
clubs owned by local business people are well and truly gone as the smaller world we live in  ,brings players and managers from near and far ..
little improvement in the product .  despite loadsamoney in coffers ..  now .....watch football for very little ,,properly set up ... 7 days a week almost every week of the year ..
10 years time will see us watching   half a billion quid footballers .  household names . .. who would be a prime minister for  sweeties a year .. silly old game right enough ..........
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 9:24 PM BST
its about inflation, inflation in the top end of pay.
If fans fail and give in to this Resistance can we really blame everything from the greedy that follows?

people tell me how roony earned 300k this week.
everyone is getting raped, utd are getting raped everything I knew as a kid is sould and left and forgotten and all you do is chant for you team
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 9:26 PM BST
find your spine
then start talking about your love
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 9:31 PM BST
nobody respects united now
it was a freak period you had under a good manager
you all will now be taken for c0nts by everyone knowing you are over paid opportunists.

you make teddy bears with little utd jumpers, thats what you will be known for, that 20 year freak is over and you had a chance to be honourable and gave in.
Report anxious May 1, 2016 9:34 PM BST
20 times Cool
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 9:44 PM BST
ive said loads on all sorts of forums and not given a 5hit.
Ofc rivalry means I wont ever really care about utd, but the people have struck me. the support of the club isnt that different to my club except utd dipped bread in glory while mine dipped in collective defeat.
But utd fans had a chance. they had a chance to make a statement, and some did...but the stands are filled with fake entities.
How can any utd fan expect respect knowing about the sale of united into a drone entity?
its a debt ridden corporate business facility to filter debt.
you going to chant that on the stands?
Report anxious May 1, 2016 9:48 PM BST
Who is  your club bin ?
Report bbc2 May 1, 2016 9:53 PM BST
evening gents
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 9:56 PM BST
anxious is that a political spin you learned?
why does it matter who I support?
They arnt in the premier league
Report anxious May 1, 2016 9:57 PM BST
evening beeb
Report anxious May 1, 2016 9:57 PM BST
no dustybin who is then , come on lets be avin you
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 9:59 PM BST
were you one with the edward heath statues or not?
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 10:00 PM BST
the soulless ones who kept spending?
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 10:01 PM BST
drones
Report anxious May 1, 2016 10:15 PM BST
wtf are you on about , who is your team bin
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 10:26 PM BST
Im on about bonfire of the vanities.
Man utd is a club based sales of shares based on lost glory.
Man utd are over paying for future mediocrity and share holders have bought in of a freak period.
The club will crash before it drifts.
And all those 'lifelong' supporters will go down with it.
Everyone paid far too much on an inflated freak period....where do you think that excess will end up?
thats right...you.
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 10:36 PM BST
man utd are attempting to sell the future to provide a return on investment.y
you are the maggots they feed from, but as fickle as most glory hunters are the wont continue when cups stop.
ergo utd have to win at the price that shareholders collectively bought in at to return a profit.
But because so many jumped in thinking fergie was the norm, when equality is realised people lost a 5hit load of money.
Put simply utd have to keep winning to stay aflout, and they arent....and wont cos others have seen how to kill them and will.
Report bbc2 May 1, 2016 10:42 PM BST
he is a scouser anxious
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 10:45 PM BST
nah the scousers hate me too
Im from God's country
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 10:56 PM BST
Im actually from the exact place the legend of robin hood came from. though I have never told any one that before.
I am from Loxley, born and bread.
Report vidou May 1, 2016 11:27 PM BST
Does your mum not even know where you're from then dusty?
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 11:33 PM BST
Im pretty sure my mother knows exactly where she fired me out vidou.
You want to interview her?
Report anxious May 1, 2016 11:40 PM BST
Loxely where the feck is that near
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 11:50 PM BST
who cares?
you worry about the financial bomb thats going to go off due to you and yours not standing by your word and boycotting the club when you had the chance usa/glazer
Report anxious May 1, 2016 11:53 PM BST
green and gold until were sold Crazy
Report anxious May 1, 2016 11:54 PM BST
blah blah blah  dustybinlid , are you a mickey mouser with a forked tongue
Report dustybin May 1, 2016 11:55 PM BST
its over, you lot turned out yellow and returned to vomit like dogs and not you will pay
Report dustybin May 2, 2016 4:43 AM BST
Sorry everyone
You can have your thread back now
Got a bit drunk
As you all were, stand by yer beds etc I won't labour the point
Report salmon spray May 2, 2016 9:54 AM BST
Fyi info Loxley is a very small village that is now really a suburb of Sheffield.
dusty is definitely not a scouser as he's been upsetting them on another thread.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now