Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 2 people viewing this thread.
27 Dec 10 00:11
| Topic/replies: 47,031 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report maggot August 19, 2016 9:19 PM BST
Errr... I won't even waste me salt, pal. Carry on.
Report olddesperado August 19, 2016 9:57 PM BST
He was much better second half,

Not sure about the jersey thing although he is young and everything feels like a crisis at that age.

He is having a fairly dirty public domestic at the moment so has to affect so way too.
Report olddesperado August 19, 2016 10:02 PM BST
Great not to see us hanging on last 15 minutes with de gea having to make fantastic saves to keep us in it.

Less possession but more control and cutting edge,

Stick that in your pipe Louis.
Report olddesperado August 19, 2016 10:06 PM BST
Valencia is unrecognoisable from the past few seasons .

He took on the fullback more times tonight than all of last season put together.
Report olddesperado August 19, 2016 10:12 PM BST
Right no body about,   Think i,ll go for a pint.
Report anxious August 19, 2016 10:20 PM BST
the best thing tonight was the stats possession , 40 per cent and a good win  could have had more , a lot better already
Report the_don August 19, 2016 11:06 PM BST
Missed the 1st half so can't comment on that but 2nd half looked comfortable.

Pogba seemed to do well but thought some of the pundits plaudits were ott for just his 1st game back!

Be interesting to see if Smalling gets back in once his fitness levels are up - Blind and Bailly couldn't have done more really in the last 3 games.
Report grumpyjim August 20, 2016 12:44 AM BST
very workman like job .. will improve  and much much better than previous .. well done lads .. bet we appear in 5 fridays at home or away out of   ten ...... no other side can match figures for T . V.   Holding the premiership up after 2 games ...?  not many 3.00 pm kick offs at home I FEAR ..
Report OnePercenter August 20, 2016 7:47 AM BST
Great 3 points.

Team playing well. Valencia looks like a great new signing ExcitedLaugh
Report grumpyjim August 20, 2016 12:28 PM BST
Valencia never a FAV  before ,.. think the shackles have been removed .. NOW    .......agree  .....  could be a new signing .. and confident about his game  ,,,,,, I never saw before .. ??.. seen a shrink or something . big improvement .  HYPNOTISED ME  .  IN LAST 2 GAMES ..>??
Report grumpyjim August 20, 2016 12:48 PM BST
finally pinned PTB down be back  in  a few weeks .. got his season tickets and is off and running .. been a busy chap and  he  will see some moving targets soon .. and pop his head above the parapet ,,again .. Have a winning season P.T.B.  Looking forward to hearing from him soon ...  BEST WISHES FROM FORM BIG MAN ..
some people can spoil things for others .. and needed a break ...
Report themover August 20, 2016 1:09 PM BST
PTB the new Rooney...goes missing for weeks at a time Laugh
Report OnePercenter August 20, 2016 2:09 PM BST
Just like the posters on the City thread then.
Report the_don August 21, 2016 6:22 PM BST
Top 4 clash up next with a visit to Hull! Be nice to win that and have 9pts from 9 going into the international break.

Can't see either City (home to W Ham) or Chelsea (home to Burnley) dropping points so we need a win to keep up the good start.
Report olddesperado August 22, 2016 9:23 AM BST
Sorry to hear that Jim,

Thought he was probably on holidays or something.

It was the best thread on betfair for a long time but the van gaal era divided a lot of people with strong views either way.
You will get that in reality never mind an internet forum.
Sorry if I contributed to its demise.

Its his thread after all so hope he returns to it soon and sorts the remainers out.

Take care all,  oldde.
Report anxious August 22, 2016 9:56 AM BST
All we are saying is give peace a chance Cool
Report anxious August 22, 2016 9:58 AM BST
Hey Jim how will your boys Las Palmas do this season and Alaves last night great draw for Them in Madrid
Report sofiakenny August 22, 2016 11:21 AM BST
is Peter in Strangeways?ShockedShocked
Report anxious August 22, 2016 11:35 AM BST
His Exact location has yet to be established, various sighting have been reported but nothing that we can confirm Crazy
Report anxious August 22, 2016 11:38 AM BST
Further bulletins will follow  , and should anything be confirmed breaking news will bring you right up to date Mischief
Report salmon spray August 22, 2016 11:43 AM BST
I'm not a Man U fan,not even a great footie fan but have read this thread with some regularity for 3 years or so. Quite entertaining at times but also some very interesting and thoughtful contributions. Does seem to have run out of steam without ptb though.
Report rommel August 22, 2016 11:50 AM BST
this thread is a haven for fifth columnists,fourth raters,3rd graders,secondhand charlatans and first rate nincompoops
Report rommel August 22, 2016 11:52 AM BST
....and john lennon plaigarists
Report OnePercenter August 22, 2016 11:58 AM BST
You forgot brainless Scouse trolls
Report rommel August 22, 2016 12:02 PM BST
....i forgot-one cent on the dollar dullards
Report anxious August 22, 2016 12:15 PM BST
Funny though how we are about 117 thousand posts ahead of Mersey Port thread HappyCool
Report rommel August 22, 2016 12:42 PM BST
...you couldnt just say 100 thousand,keep clenchingCrazy
Report OnePercenter August 22, 2016 1:26 PM BST
Be very interesting to see how Liverpool fans react to having the a wealth fund of a brutal dictatorship involved with their club.

There aren't really enough City fans to make a fuss about the Human rights atrocities committed in Abu Dhabi under the government of Deputy Prime Minister Sheikh Mansour but surely Liverpool fans won't put up with investment from a government who routinely torture their political opponents. They make Thatcher & Tebbit look like the Mother Teresa & the Dalai Lama.

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/issues/china?gclid=CjwKEAjwxeq9BRDDh4_MheOnvAESJABZ4VTqbnRyqt6Jq9PISTK1DmH-LC3Q7adJ9kIbsbzm5_W88RoCHJbw_wcB
Report rommel August 22, 2016 1:32 PM BST
were used to brutal dictatorships-fergie used to visit twice a year
Report OnePercenter August 22, 2016 1:40 PM BST
Are you just going to laugh the torture and executions off then?

Maybe they could supply harvested organs to the Royal Liverpool as part of the deal?
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 22, 2016 2:49 PM BST
Jesus, someone's got a high horse for their birthday.
Report OnePercenter August 22, 2016 3:10 PM BST
It's a simple question; Do Liverpool fans not mind their club being owned by the wealth fund of a government which routinely tortures their political opponents?

Can you imagine the outcry if News International was in talks with FSG about buying a share of the club?
Report OnePercenter August 22, 2016 4:17 PM BST
As far as I am aware FSG holds all the shares in Liverpool through a holding company, UKSV Holdings Company Limited. So the FSG would have to approve the sale of any shares.

Are United's shareholders whiter than white? I doubt it but I also doubt they practice systematic torture and executions.
Report anxious August 22, 2016 4:30 PM BST
wtf Rommel a Cow Pie ? Crazy
Report anxious August 22, 2016 4:35 PM BST
Cameron Borthwick - Jackson has joined Wolves on a season long loan , but he said Jose Mourinho has told him he has a future at Manchester United.
Report themover August 22, 2016 4:44 PM BST
probably a longer one than Mourinho's Laugh
Report anxious August 22, 2016 5:10 PM BST
Mover I would say already that borthwick - Jackson  and shaw are far superior to clichy and kolarov
Report themover August 22, 2016 5:24 PM BST
yes, but you're mad Laugh
Report anxious August 22, 2016 5:32 PM BST
Anybody slightly unhinged would still agree with me Cool
Report rommel August 22, 2016 5:39 PM BST

Aug 22, 2016 -- 4:35PM, anxious wrote:

Cameron Borthwick - Jackson has joined Wolves on a season long loan , but he said Jose Mourinho has told him he has a future at Manchester United.

jm's word is his bond

Report OnePercenter August 22, 2016 5:47 PM BST
rommel
oooooooooooooooooooooo clench and clench again,have another cow pie you desperate c***

I think you'll find desperation is when it's been so long since you had any real success that you are prepared to put up with the club being financed by a wealth fund of a government that practices systematic on torture and executions.
Report easyrider69 August 23, 2016 11:32 PM BST
tell me a government that doesnt practice torture on its own people ffs....
bt sport and sky are just as bad..Wink
Report maggot August 24, 2016 8:41 AM BST
Jeez, Onepercent....  What the fek r u prattlin' on about bloody executions for ?

Have u ever bought anything "Made in China" ?  Fkin hypocrite.
Report themover August 24, 2016 9:56 AM BST
Laugh
Report anxious August 24, 2016 10:23 AM BST
Reports today that Jose has blocked any move by Arsenal for Phil Jones , one of the reasons being that Jose does not want to do any deal with long time foe Arsene Wenger
Report themover August 24, 2016 11:02 AM BST
Hip Hip Jose
Hip Hip Jose

He cracks me up sometimes Laugh
Report rommel August 24, 2016 11:46 AM BST
MIRRORS probably dont show jose's reflection-bit of a problem when youre a raging lipstick narcissist t***pot
Report OnePercenter August 24, 2016 8:56 PM BST
maggot

Jeez, Onepercent....  What the fek r u prattlin' on about bloody executions for ?

Have u ever bought anything "Made in China" ?  Fkin hypocrite.

I'm pointing out the terrible duel standards of Liverpool fans. They blame Thatcher and Murdoch for all the ills of the world then couldn't careless if a murderous regime invests in their club. It shows them to be morally bankrupt; Justice for the 96? but the tens of thousands of people executed by the Chinese government? ****'em.
Report Can't Catch Me August 24, 2016 9:25 PM BST
Laugh

In the history of pathetic sh1te, to try and score childish points over your rival club, that really does take the biscuit.
Report OnePercenter August 24, 2016 9:47 PM BST
I asked a simple question; what do Liverpool fans think of the Chinese government investing in their club? Nothing wrong with that.

P.s.Liverpool ceased being rivals to United some years ago.
Report grumpyjim August 24, 2016 10:12 PM BST
PEPE  lost his way .. over 3 years and now his ENGLISH ..  ONCE ,... NON EXISTENT ?  .......SUPERB NOW ..? ..
NEED JOSE TO GET ON TOP OF HIS GAME  FROM NOW .....   Tears in my Eyes PTB .. ??  NEED RUB OF THE RED   DEVILS NOW  ..............
Report grumpyjim August 24, 2016 10:15 PM BST
Serious improvement in ..English  PREMIER .. THIS year ........... May even watch a few games ........PLENTY FUNDS TO PERK UP A POOR PRODUCT FOR THE MONEY ..
Report anxious August 24, 2016 10:37 PM BST
Hey Jim have you heard anything from Peter is he ok
Report OnePercenter August 24, 2016 10:45 PM BST
Interesting article in the Guardian about how clubs pay transfer fees

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths
Report grumpyjim August 25, 2016 2:39 PM BST
anxious ... busy on family business  ..  lass graduation plus son not well ..   got season tickets .. again so be around OK ... said be back on .. still recharging battery  .....to take strain  ...of the new   JOSE .. M ....
Report duffy August 25, 2016 2:59 PM BST
My son has just graduatedHappy pass on best wishes to his lad jim.
Report grumpyjim August 25, 2016 4:24 PM BST
he will be looking at this ..duffy ..  it was peters daughter ..graduating .. big day in both their lives for future . talented kids good for BREXIT ..     2.5. Billion bricks required to build ..affordable houses .. 16 month waiting list for builders .. closed most of KILNS   IN 2007 .. Mothballed .. .. need reopened .. now jobs everywhere ??
all a bit crazy ..
Report anxious August 25, 2016 4:38 PM BST
yes hope everything will be ok there for Peter and his family, and Jim your boys Las Palmas had great win 4-2 at Valencia on Monday night.
Report grumpyjim August 25, 2016 5:12 PM BST
LAS PALMAS playing very well much strong than last season . a few new players .. play better against top sides ?? ..home  game v Granada .. 5.15 ..sunday  night .. FOR... T.V. ..3 Points   would be good ...
Report ian merseyside August 25, 2016 5:22 PM BST
I watched Valencia Las Palmas the other night, best match I've seen in ages.  Lots of mistakes but great to watch open, attacking football for a change.  Las Palmas could be the new Leicester! Grin
Report grumpyjim August 25, 2016 9:06 PM BST
hope you are right .......ian .      look much better than start of last season .. under manager  ....Setien ..   good man knows what he   wants .. 
puts best man in jersey   ...a rare treat with todays   ... managers .. they give him 100 percent .. good team spirit .. defence so much tighter .and don't  ....PANIC ,,,NOW ... WATCH LA LIGA  ,.most games .  friday night through to monday ...
Report OnePercenter August 26, 2016 1:32 PM BST
Fenerbahce, Feyenoord, Zorya Luhansk. Had to look up Zorya Laugh Ukrainian and play in Kiev. Isn't there still a war going on there?
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys August 26, 2016 1:41 PM BST
Istanbul, Rotterdam, Odessa.... Ticks missus will have to chain him to a radiator Terry Waite style for his own benefit imo Mischief
Report duffy August 26, 2016 4:14 PM BST
Have a feeling that Rashford is going to be frozen out of the Prem side somewhat this yearSad
Report OnePercenter August 26, 2016 4:31 PM BST
Jose plays the percentage game. He knows Zlatan is x% more likely to score a goal than Rashford so Zlatan will always get picked ahead of him when fir for Premiership matches. Don't think Jose is too bothered about the League cup or FA cup or maybe the Europa league. Rashford should get starts in all those and whenever Zlatan is crocked.

Rashford should concentrate on his training and be ready to step in whenever needed. He's a teenager, he has time on his side.
Report grumpyjim August 27, 2016 12:33 PM BST
H/T  F/T    too  strong for Hull .. clean sheet again  for   DE GEA .. ///............
Report mail1 August 27, 2016 4:52 PM BST
Man Utd (4-2-3-1) De Gea; Valencia, Bailly, Blind, Shaw; Pogba, Fellaini; Mata, Rooney, Martial; Ibrahimovic.
Report OnePercenter August 27, 2016 7:51 PM BST
Rashford has given José a massive selection issue now.
Report HarmonicaPhil August 27, 2016 8:27 PM BST
No selection issue as far as I'm concerned.Rashford must play instead of Martial who is definitely not suited to playing wide
Report maggot August 27, 2016 9:06 PM BST
Hmmm.. Not sure that this onepercent fella ever watches a game.

Certainly never goes to one, and to be honest, just spouts garbage most, if not all, of the time.
Report portmanpark August 27, 2016 9:33 PM BST
maggot.....he has mental health issues...........NAP
Report OnePercenter August 28, 2016 9:50 AM BST
It's garbage that Rashford unsettles packed defences with his speed and trickery?

Clearly I bow to maggot's superior knowledge of the beautiful game.
Report Ozymandius August 28, 2016 12:08 PM BST
Pay no attention, One Percenter, you are holding the thread together in Peter's unexplained and unfortunate absence.  I see you as Thread Captain for the Season.

I never thought Pete was the type to flounce off with no explanation. I hope he is not ill or something.

Van Pandy is in hiding, understandably, but he really should bite the bullet and return to face the music.  I mean, we all get things horribly wrong at times.

Not many plaudits for Sir Ed Woodward's performance this Summer. I guess it's easier to knock than praise. Has learnt from his mistakes, it seems. LVG disposed of tastefully, Jose in, all targets landed, just needs to offload a few now.  Hats off to Ed imo.

This lad Bailly looks a beast, excellent yesterday.  If Blind is on the pitch he should be taking corners.  Martial badly needs a goal, lacking confidence. 

Champions elect.  We have a lot of big men with big characters in the dressing room now, ok, with modern quirks, but still good lads, it seems. So far so very good.
Report Ozymandius August 28, 2016 12:19 PM BST
Great to see Januzaj doing well at Sunderland.  Things had stalled for him, for whatever reason, but I still believe in the boy...with a run of games can get his mojo back and kick on.
Report anxious August 28, 2016 12:25 PM BST
Great to get 3 points even though I thought we made hard work of it, was a bit concerned when Jose said that Zlatan was our number 1 striker and suggesting that Rashford should settle for being impact sub , I think whoever plays the best and scores goals should be in the team
Report Buzzby August 28, 2016 12:30 PM BST
Great start to the season and actually looking forward to the footy again, some real quality in the Premiership. I must admit I was a "why take on a 34 year old has been". How the heck he got his foot to that ball which was behind him and head height, most of us would be requiring surgery today. Zlatan has been immense and will be invaluable to the young ones.

Fans were brilliant again yesterday. Keep smiling.
Report OnePercenter August 28, 2016 12:38 PM BST
At the moment I don't think it is a question of Zlatan or Rashford.

As fans we're not present at training or in the dressing room so we have little idea what influence Zlatan has on the team spirit. We know he sets himself very high standards and we know Jose is full of praise for him. We have to trust that Jose knows what he is doing.

Having said that Rashford has the pace and the trickery to play on either wing so I'd have him replace Martial.
Report duffy August 28, 2016 5:59 PM BST
Rashford for Martial is a no brainer, be interesting if Jose takes the decision that we all can see is the obvious one.

Rashford reminds me very much of the young Michael Owen when he picks the ball up...scares the life out of defenders and they automatically are on the back foot, he oozes confidence and shouldn't be stifled but be allowed to play in place of someone who clearly is struggling....it's as simple as that really.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys August 28, 2016 11:41 PM BST
Ozymandius
28 Aug 16 12:08

Pay no attention, One Percenter, you are holding the thread together in Peter's unexplained and unfortunate absence.  I see you as Thread Captain for the Season.

Kin el ScaredScaredScaredScared
Report themover August 29, 2016 12:10 AM BST
ShockedCry
Report Ozymandius August 29, 2016 8:02 AM BST
Laugh
Report anxious August 29, 2016 8:35 AM BST
So that's it now Onepercenter is now running the gaff Crazy
Report themover August 29, 2016 8:50 AM BST
that will be interesting...probably just repeat himself over and over again with the same old tosh Grin
Report anxious August 29, 2016 8:57 AM BST
Hey mover do you think ageuro will get a ban
Report themover August 29, 2016 9:16 AM BST
Tricky one. Looked liked there was some intent but not sure the actual contact was enough to deserve a ban, probably fortunate the elbow didn't catch the face. Hope not as it looks like it could be a cracking derby and want both teams to be at full strength ideally.
Report anxious August 29, 2016 9:26 AM BST
Erm  if that was fellani or costa I think they would be banned but lets wait and see, having watched youse yesterday first half were very good but when West Ham pulled themselves together it was a very different game, city are a big threat going forward but I think if we were to play rashford and martial their pace could cause city nig problems
Report themover August 29, 2016 9:37 AM BST
I'm not convinced the FA are prejudice towards some players and not others Wink Aguero's record is exemplary and although it looked like there could have been intent he's not normally that type of player so hopefully he'll be given the benefit of the doubt should he have to answer to the FA. Bilic has also said he was going to take Reid off anyway as he'd picked up a non-related knock, so that could help the cause as well. If Aguero does get a ban we will have to unleash Iheanacho on you Mischief
Report rommel August 29, 2016 9:38 AM BST
just watched it,jeez it wasnt much was it,if the ref says he saw it and didnt act the fa cant do anything can they
Report anxious August 29, 2016 9:44 AM BST
Rommel he threw his elbow if that was costa, fellani or huth they would get banned, anyway im asking mover because this will be another Mancunian battle for the title I think , nothing for Mersey Port to get involved in Crazy
Report rommel August 29, 2016 9:47 AM BST
dont think he really swang it....another manc battle?like last year?
Report rommel August 29, 2016 9:49 AM BST
city looked weak anyway..chokers like massaging their own neck
Report anxious August 29, 2016 9:53 AM BST
So who do you think will win the title Rommel, try not be biased please
Report rommel August 29, 2016 9:57 AM BST
gawd,dunno,chels maybe from what ive seen,utd have done well but havent really convinced-but theres room for improvement with pog etc,city could get better week by week...
Report rommel August 29, 2016 9:59 AM BST
massive blow for city if ag is out the derby
Report anxious August 29, 2016 10:05 AM BST
Mersey port for top 4 ? I  think  yes could get top 4 if players stay fit
Report rommel August 29, 2016 10:12 AM BST
not convinced yet,some postitves
Report themover August 29, 2016 10:40 AM BST
City started well last season and dropped away (won the first 5 or 6 I think) but hopefully the squad is better now. There's certainly better cover for Kompany when he's out injured and although City seem to be leaking a few the Stones/Otamendi partnership looks like it has some potential...Kompany might not find it easy to get back in Shocked Nolito has started really well and Sterling looks to have got some self-belief back. With Gundogan, Sane and Bravo still to come in City out of all of the contenders look like they could improve the most imho. I see United as the main challenger with Chelsea a few points adrift and Arsenal finishing in fourth after flattering sometime before Christmas before fading away as usual Happy
Report anxious August 29, 2016 5:45 PM BST
Rojo , jones and Memphis could all possibly go by wendesday , although Jose has said big squad needed for league cup and Europa league
Report HarmonicaPhil August 29, 2016 7:05 PM BST
He wont let both Jones & Rojo go unless he signs another central defender.And did he not say that Jones is needed
Report anxious August 29, 2016 7:25 PM BST
Jones always injured let him go.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now