Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 2 people viewing this thread.
27 Dec 10 00:11
| Topic/replies: 42,558 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report degsy42 May 20, 2015 4:49 AM BST
ffs looks like van gaal has found fergies stash of whiskey Laugh ,  this meltdown will dwarf the moyesy one hands down Laugh . ryan giggs is always right ,  the saxophone player , the players  ,  the fans oh and his bro's missus
Report the_don May 20, 2015 8:05 AM BST
De Gea star man at the awards and rightly so. Along with him I reckon Young, Carrick (when fit), Herrera and Mata (when playing) and maybe Smalling and Fellaini have had a good season. Everyone else either average, inconsistent or worse.
Report YOMOMMA May 20, 2015 9:16 AM BST
De Gea can't even see properly. He celebrates goals that don't go in cos his eyesight is so bad. Won't be long before he starts making huge clangers like Joe Hart does.
Report Ozymandius May 20, 2015 10:19 AM BST
State of Louis Cry

Wine order forms in his match day folder, pissed up with fans singing his own name in a car park, then a drunken rant at the Club Dinner.

Penny for Sir Bobby's thoughts.  Louis starting to make Jose look like a boy scout.
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2015 11:23 AM BST
Its better than having fans in the audience booing yer player of the year isn't it? Also at least LVG was having a bit of a laugh and not talking sh1t about next season being as successful as last season and totally omitting this season from history.
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2015 11:31 AM BST
degsy you talk about Giggsy as if he is the only footballer to make a fool of himself.

Do you want to talk about Gerrard's complicated love life, swapping partners with gangsters, being owned by them, giving court references for criminals who then skip bail, assaults and a lot more. By the way all of that is in the public domain, haven't even talked about the stuff that Gerrard has taken injuctions out on.

His walking pace football is quite low down on his list of transgressions.
Report luna bid May 20, 2015 12:37 PM BST
well said
Report luna bid May 20, 2015 12:40 PM BST
sick in the mouth stuff for the last month or 6  ended quite predictably with a gubbing at the weekend
Report grumpyjim May 20, 2015 1:00 PM BST
back to getting the spine right would hate to loose DE-GEA  for at least a ..year ...
still think he has something dodgy to eyes thought it might be colour registering ..when he first came but slowly but not totally right yet ??/seems to see the person rather than a far away team -mate   as kicking out seldom gets near his own man ... ...still like him to be a mainstay at back ...as must ....SIGN UP BIG DAVEEEED DEEEEEE  GEEEEEAAA  GREATEST DEASL EVER ....
Report tickerty boo May 20, 2015 3:12 PM BST
Pete,my pals on the hunt for you a ticket.
Report Ozymandius May 20, 2015 3:20 PM BST
Can you just imagine if Brendan Rodgers was captured on tape, drunk, in a car park singing songs about himself?

Dear, oh dear.
Report 56 May 20, 2015 4:16 PM BST
if degea does not sign and madrid dont pay the right price, i would let him rot in the reserves next season ; this running down the contract is a pain in the a...
Report Pandorica May 20, 2015 4:26 PM BST
Why would you let possibly the best goalkeeper in the world rot in the reserves? He hasn't done anything wrong.

Oz - you're a joyless pr1ck. We watch football for fun, and that can come in many forms. Last night was just one of the more unusual. I liked the guy from the moment he said, "That is a stupid question." I've liked nearly everything he's done since. And I've no reason to think I won't go on liking him. I couldn't give a sh1t what some raggy-arsed neutral thinks.
Report Ozymandius May 20, 2015 5:19 PM BST
Unusual is a fair description of last nights speech, my sense was the crowd were laughing at him in parts, rather than with him. 

He's a tw@t imo and needs to ease off the booze before he completely embarrasses himself.
Report tickerty boo May 20, 2015 5:38 PM BST
From one tw@t to another.
Report bbc2 May 20, 2015 5:53 PM BST
think lvg will be spoken too
Report bbc2 May 20, 2015 5:55 PM BST
think he has found safs secret wine cellarSad
Report tickerty boo May 20, 2015 5:59 PM BST
Spoken too? Done fk all wrong.
Report bbc2 May 20, 2015 6:02 PM BST
got to behave in the big corporate world the suits wil have him.
Report Ozymandius May 20, 2015 6:12 PM BST
It's great exposure for our Official Wine Partners,  Casillero del Diablo, who have kindly fitted LVG with an intravenous drip in his office at OT, but what must our other commercial partners be thinking?

Sir Alex was well able to handle his booze tbf and could get away with a few glasses apres match.
Report easyrider69 May 20, 2015 6:19 PM BST
Having just come in and seen /read lvg..the man has just went up in my eyes....funny as f..k :) 
more importantly i think the players loved it too.
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2015 6:29 PM BST
Brilliant stuff from LVG. The bidding at the auction was funny as well. The price kept going up with Giggs and Dwight Yorke both bidding against LVG who took it all in really good spirit. They were bidding for a round of golf with Dwight Yorke and he was running LVG up until Giggs took over.

You might not think it going by last night but the players are afraid of him and hold him in the highest respect. He has got the discipline back into that squad
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2015 6:31 PM BST
Thanks tick, I've got a couple of other lads looking out for me as well. If I don't get one I will watch it at that social club outside their ground. Was packed in there last time and a bit lively.
Report tickerty boo May 20, 2015 6:37 PM BST
Oh it will be lively Pete,especially if they go down.
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2015 6:41 PM BST
Grin
Report degsy42 May 20, 2015 6:42 PM BST
pete , how the feck do u never get away tickets when you practically go to every game
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2015 6:42 PM BST
I thought we were agricultural but the Hull lads are uncouth with a capital U
Report tickerty boo May 20, 2015 6:44 PM BST
Its called a ballot degsy.
Report degsy42 May 20, 2015 6:49 PM BST
i get that but how comes hes always unsuccessful
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2015 6:51 PM BST
degsy, at United you have to enter a ballot and for domestic aways it doesn't matter how many home or away games you go to. At some grounds we only get 1800 tickets whilst the most we get is around 2900 (Chelsea). Many clubs like City, Liverpool, Spurs and West Ham lower our allocation using previous behaviour of standing up etc as an excuse and some of them have only given us 2000 tickets

For most matches the club get around 9000 applications in the ballot and for the City, Liverpool games we can get up to 15,000 applications.

They take out players, corporate and other specials from our allocation as well

I reckon in the last three seasons I have applied for almost all the domestic aways and been successful in the ballot no more than 6-7 times. Its a disgrace. The club say that most people average 3 successful applications per season. Not sure how they have come to that.

Euro aways are different as they take away matches attended into account when you apply.
Report degsy42 May 20, 2015 6:53 PM BST
you always mention the mini bus with tony , i take it hes corporate or friends of
Report degsy42 May 20, 2015 6:53 PM BST
they seem to come up trumps all the time
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2015 6:57 PM BST
Nah Tony is anything but corporate and most of the lads on his bus at QPR this year didn't have tickets including himself. Many times lads on Tony's bus end up watching the match in pubs. Even Euro aways loads go without tickets.
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2015 7:01 PM BST
Most regulars get sorted on the way there or at the ground and always for face value when they deal with each other. The touts are a last point of desperation and even they are wary of stinging you because they know it won't end well. Having said that, I did pay a lot for Fergie's last match at West Brom
Report degsy42 May 20, 2015 7:02 PM BST
that explains it then, thought they were the sacred bunch with aways all the time
Report degsy42 May 20, 2015 7:07 PM BST
you need to get friends with corporate bods. been experiencing a whole new ball game ,  own parking spot , 3 course meal and as much bevvy as wanted , guest speaker , seats half way line , half time more beer cheese n biscuits , full time buffet more booze , only problem is you cant stand and give out verbals as it wouldnt go down to well
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2015 7:10 PM BST
No but most of the lads on his bus go to every match and everybody helps each other out

Euro aways are the hardest because its almost impossible to get a ticket if you fail in the ballot. ie only 1500 tickets but 4000 people have got the same number of credits for attending previous matches.

If you get a ticket in the ballot you are told to attend a special collecting point in say Ukraine and then you have to produce your passport whilst the GMP spotters are filming you and only then can you pick up your ticket. If you go through all that inc flight and hotel costs you are unlikely to want to sell your ticket to somebody else.

Even then lads including myself go abroad and try and get one of the above to sell theirs if they are too p1ssed up or have been locked up. Rare so you then end up in the home ends or watch it in a pub over there.
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2015 7:13 PM BST
Done that a few times at OT degsy when I've been lucky enough to get invited but wouldn't ever do it at an away match. The day out with the lads and gooning around in the ground is the best thing about an away day.
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2015 8:10 PM BST
Anybody seen much of De Bruyne?
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2015 9:36 PM BST
Hope none of you boys lumped on Arsenal tonight
Report bbc2 May 20, 2015 9:44 PM BST
no one lumps on arsenal
Report Al Dente May 21, 2015 2:39 AM BST
Sticking my nose in again. The end of the glorious summer of 1959 saw me living with relatives in Thornton Heath, Crystal Palace fans each and every one. They towed me along to Selhurst Park in October to see Palace take on Barrow in the Football League fourth division. 9-0 to Palace. I was hooked; followed their fortunes since then and 55 years later Palace are mid table in the Prem. They are playing fast, attacking soccer and to me at least they are fun to watch but Manchester United? Bit like 'Waiting for Godot' - A pre match Old Trafford -

Tick, 'Why are we here?'
Pete, 'We're waiting Tick.'
Tick, 'What for?'
Pete, 'LVG the boss of us.'
Tick, 'That bloke who talks so much?'
Pete, 'Yap,yap.yap.'
Tick, 'I'm bored.'
Pete, 'Me too.'

(apologies to Richard Thompson.)

See where I am going with this guys? Man United are not playing Man United soccer; it isn't even an imitation of the glory days. Long ball to Fellaini? Is that it? No offence intended but it is something of a disappointment to those of us who have watched Man United, supporters or not.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys May 21, 2015 2:45 AM BST
youtu.be/YrPhaSw1hqA 

Gone at game lads.  Please excuse the Scouse nature of this post, but after all these years i'd rather bow out warts n all than slink away quietly Blush.

The combination of working a 46 hr week, attempting to run 2 online businesses, looking after a terminally ill parent & the break up of my 2nd marriage has finally taken it's toll.  I'm cattle trucked Plain

I know this this thread is a load of anonymous b0llix but we still love it ... so here's a few notable mentions...

beeb .. put it away officer yewtree is under pressure for results.

T-Boo/Wing Commander... Arkles 88 / Instanbul 93 ... unless you were there MischiefLaughDevil

Solly - May all our footwear be blessed with 3 stripes bonnie lad Love

Pando fook me Pand.... no offence to the rest of the rabble... you've the abilty to make me laugh & think at the same time mate. I'm gonna read my way out of this mess yer c'nt.

Pedro... biggest compliment i can pay to you Sir is ... you're the big brother every Utd lad could ever wish for mate Love
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys May 21, 2015 2:47 AM BST

Oh... by the way ...............laters Merseyside Grin
Report tickerty boo May 21, 2015 6:57 AM BST
You OK Dolph?
Report tickerty boo May 21, 2015 6:59 AM BST
Degsy,I know you scouse lot are a bit thick,but calling Tony
A corporate...ffsLaugh
Report the_don May 21, 2015 8:03 AM BST
Linked with Cech on Tuesday and Sterling this morning and this season isn't even over yet. Can't believe any of these ramped up stories these days, by the end of June we'll probably have 'signed' half of Europe.
Report grumpyjim May 21, 2015 8:52 AM BST
clubs directors can find themselves in a no win situation ...easily as pay top dollar every week to players on sidelines for one reason or another ...sent off ,suspended ,injured   ???? ,said something out of place ,  fall out with manager trainers ,,worst of all want away ..!!
EXCITING TIME AHEAD, WITH ALL THE DISCONTENT ,THAT REARS UP ,EVERY YEAR ...    LOOKS LIKE ..   premiership newcomers lead the way with sensible prices for tickets for fans and kids well done to them  ...not always biggest is best ..in fact biggest by far WORST ...  UNITED TAKE NOTE .. .!!!
Report peter the butcher May 21, 2015 9:03 AM BST
Hope you are ok Dolph. Normally we would have had Warren here for you to "bounce off" after a few jars, get up with a huge hangover and back to it again a couple of days later.

Keep yer head up mate and remember the saying "Walk tall, f uck em all"
Report peter the butcher May 21, 2015 9:18 AM BST
dolph

Feel for you trying to juggle the business and marriage problems mate but that is something you can get through albeit with difficulty and pain.

Caring for a terminally ill parent is something entirely different and the greatest of respect to you for that. Not a lot else matters compared to that does it?

Keep posting your footy tips when you get the chance mate. Always enlightening and lovely when they come in. Somehow it feels like we've had the bookies over for backing something they have neglected pricewise.

If you need a day out to get away from it all let me know and I'll find a couple of extra tickets for an away match somewhere and tick and I will treat you.
Report tickerty boo May 21, 2015 9:39 AM BST
Here here.
Report tickerty boo May 21, 2015 9:41 AM BST
By the way,yes I was locked in that hotel in Istanbul,and no it wasn't,t
Me who nicked the till.
Report peter the butcher May 21, 2015 10:16 AM BST
Ha ha, that's a legendary tale. Not that I condone that sort of stuff but it does make me laugh tbh.
Report anxious May 21, 2015 10:19 AM BST
hey there peter do you think new zealand will beat england first test  today
Report peter the butcher May 21, 2015 10:23 AM BST
Lot depends on the toss imo. If England bat first and pile up the runs then they have a great chance but you can say the same for NZ. Its supposed to be a belter of a pitch so I imagine they will both be desperate to win the toss.

With all the KP controversy I would be hoping England go out there with a point to prove.

I'll wait for an hour or two into the match before considering a bet
Report anxious May 21, 2015 10:28 AM BST
england 6/5 draw 11/5 kiwis 5/2
Report anxious May 21, 2015 10:29 AM BST
i think our batting is dodgy
Report anxious May 21, 2015 10:30 AM BST
boult and southee could do us
Report bbc2 May 21, 2015 10:53 AM BST
good luck dolph you will need it.
Report peter the butcher May 21, 2015 11:50 AM BST
Did you lay England anxious?
Report anxious May 21, 2015 11:53 AM BST
backed NZ on 365
Report peter the butcher May 21, 2015 11:54 AM BST
I'm not watching it anxious but I presume the pitch is doing something as NZ won the toss and put England in.
Report anxious May 21, 2015 11:56 AM BST
first 2 ballance and the new kid decent bowling , but cook just tried to pull a short ball appalling shot, pitch is doing a bit but too bad
Report anxious May 21, 2015 11:59 AM BST
4 down now bell bowled, i think NZ will win the match now
Report peter the butcher May 21, 2015 12:02 PM BST
Serves England right for the appalling handling of Pieterson and Moores.

Its all too pally for me
Report peter the butcher May 21, 2015 12:03 PM BST
Knew the toss would be important but it looked a good pitch. NZ obviously knew different. Well done on your bet
Report anxious May 21, 2015 12:08 PM BST
ian bell now 2 runs from last four innings
Report peter the butcher May 21, 2015 12:15 PM BST
I know its early days but if England lose this match the KP issue is going to be headlines again
Report bbc2 May 21, 2015 12:39 PM BST
kp will never play for england again and he isnt english
Report peter the butcher May 21, 2015 12:43 PM BST
The bloke they have just made the new boss of English cricket and former England captain Andrew Strauss who talks with a plum in his mouth was born in South Africa too
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2015 12:46 PM BST
I hope the Sterling bid is designed to up the price so City or Chelsea have to pay through the nose for the waste of space.
Report peter the butcher May 21, 2015 12:50 PM BST
If its true it will p1ss Liverpool off whatever the motive
Report bbc2 May 21, 2015 1:48 PM BST
we dont allow contracted players to play in the ipl how are they going to develop.then we dont allow them to play for the counties.
Report bbc2 May 21, 2015 1:50 PM BST
the top foreign players wont play in the uk cos we pay peanuts.
Report Pandorica May 21, 2015 6:22 PM BST
Sorry Dolph.
Your resignation letter has been considered by the board and rejected. You will be expected to return to work here soonest.
Thank you.
Report Pandorica May 21, 2015 6:25 PM BST
"I'll find a couple of extra tickets for an away match somewhere and tick and I will treat you."

As treatments goes, that ranks alongside electroconvulsive therapy as a welcome interlude.
Report bbc2 May 21, 2015 6:30 PM BST
pete and tick have good misguided hearts
Report tickerty boo May 21, 2015 6:36 PM BST
Pando,I,ve booked you on the forum bus to Bournemouth.Laugh
Report Buzzby May 21, 2015 7:03 PM BST
Rumours rife of takeover at Derby and McClaren gone?
Report bbc2 May 21, 2015 7:12 PM BST
nice pandyGrin
Report tickerty boo May 21, 2015 7:13 PM BST
Excited
Report bbc2 May 21, 2015 7:34 PM BST
class of 92 on itv4
Report tickerty boo May 21, 2015 7:35 PM BST
Its OK beeb you,re coming too.Laugh
Report Pandorica May 21, 2015 7:36 PM BST
For some it's a one way trip.
Report tickerty boo May 21, 2015 7:38 PM BST
LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Pandorica May 21, 2015 7:41 PM BST
You can regale us with your anecdotes on the way beeb.
On the way back we'll reminisce.
Report anxious May 21, 2015 7:44 PM BST
are the jibbers making a comeback Shocked
Report Pandorica May 21, 2015 7:46 PM BST
Don't be anxious.
Report anxious May 21, 2015 7:49 PM BST
hectors beware the red army are here
Report bbc2 May 21, 2015 8:00 PM BST
dont like the idea of a police escortCry
Report mesmerised May 21, 2015 8:16 PM BST
Roy Keane has hit out at Manchester United's famous 'class of '92' by saying their importance to the club's dominance of English football has been overstated.

'Scholesy was a top top player but I still don’t fall for the boy next door image,' Keane said. 'Or that he’s dead humble. He has more of an edge to him. Everyone thinks he lives in a council flat.'

According to Keane's new autobiography, The Second Half, Paul Scholes (left) had 'more of an edge to him' than people thought

'The Class of ’92 – all good players but their role at the club has been exaggerated.
'The Class of ’92 seems to have grown its own legs. It has become a brand. It’s as if they were a team away from a team and they are not shy of plugging in to it.

Report Pandorica May 21, 2015 8:18 PM BST
Man disagrees with other men.
Fck me.
Report Solano1 May 21, 2015 8:26 PM BST
Sorry to hear of your troubles, Dolph.

Hope all gets better soon.

Jamaica's out soon to cheer ya up. Cool
Report peter the butcher May 22, 2015 1:21 PM BST
Afternoon all
Report olddesperado May 22, 2015 1:47 PM BST
Afternoon peter,
Report olddesperado May 22, 2015 1:55 PM BST
Thank fcuk this season is over,

Worst in living memory imo.

Chelsea were the best team no doubt thanks mainly to the defence and hazard but the rest of us were poor and the standard is declining despite wages and fees going through the roof.

I dont know if its an age thing but the amount of non united games i switched off was unreal.

European competitions confirmed how poor the domestic standard was.
Report peter the butcher May 22, 2015 2:35 PM BST
Me too oldesp. I used to watch every bit of footy on telly but I rarely watch any non United games now. Even a bit of a struggle to watch non United games that will affect us.

Footy on its knees here and it serves them right. Players greedy beyond belief, club owners looking for a quick buck and would sell their grannies to achieve it. Ordinary hard working people being charged London Theater prices to watch a game of football. Police arresting lads for nowt and serving long banning orders on lads who have supported the club through thick and thin for 40 plus years. No rewards for loyalty in this game.

You see the likes of Sterling taking the p1ss at Liverpool, our own Rooney done it to us twice and plenty of players elsewhere. Other players and even managers committing criminal offences and then relying on top lawyers to get them off.....

Sometimes football makes me sick
Report olddesperado May 22, 2015 2:57 PM BST
You not going tomorrow then ? Devil
Report peter the butcher May 22, 2015 4:18 PM BST
Nope but will have a wander to Hull on Sunday. Plain
Report robbierobot May 22, 2015 4:43 PM BST
pete, ninjago in the next at goodwood had big shout for it today....
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now