Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
27 Dec 10 00:11
| Topic/replies: 48,124 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report ufcdan March 24, 2017 8:38 PM GMT
Northern ruffians Scared
Report ufcdan March 24, 2017 8:39 PM GMT
DeSSie I'm more of a pasty man Wink
Report HoofArted March 24, 2017 10:49 PM GMT
Peter, probably followed Utd at least as long as you and spent loads of my dosh there.  Again, no fan of the Glazers but what I don't understand is why the vendetta against them alone.  I never seem to see much criticism about the folks who agreed to this deal and let it happen.  Surely your real gripe should be with the previous administration for agreeing to it, but they seem whiter than white for some reason. It is what it is now, so onwards and upwards hopefully.
Report DeSSieReborn March 25, 2017 9:19 AM GMT
What Peter always avoids is the fact that someones personal crusade against the Coolmore gang effectively put the club into the hands of the Glazers. Otherwise the club may well have been in the ownership of Coolmore now, not Glazers. They weren't sitting on a near 30% holding for nothing....
Report peter the butcher March 25, 2017 9:53 AM GMT
I don't avoid it DeSSie, it happened. Not just that but at times many United fans weren't happy that Fergie didn't help to get rid of the Glazers when the green and gold campaign was in full swing.
Report peter the butcher March 25, 2017 9:56 AM GMT
Many of the players did side with the fans. Notably Beckham who wore the green and gold scarf. Others inc Eric and Ole (from memory) made contributions to FC when it was in its infancy
Report tickerty boo March 25, 2017 10:00 AM GMT
That's the one pete,been nicked 4 times in Holland and Belgium,and for feck all,
will deffo kick off over there they got a fair firm,remember when they filled the bishops at about 11 in the morning for 7.30 k o.Laugh
Report peter the butcher March 25, 2017 10:19 AM GMT
Hoof, its not a case of how long anybody has followed United or how much they spend.

You say "previous administration who let this happen" who do you mean? The Coolemore crew who sold out, Martin Edwards or David Gill? Or perhaps somebody else..

Not sure how you can stop somebody from selling their shares and the two Chief Executives didn't escape any flak.

This isn't an open and shut case by any means. Our support went through some heavy turbulence and good lads who'd been through a lot together were fighting each other on the subject. Thousands of United fans vowed never to go to Old Trafford, the club had season tickets sent back to them and during one season were still trying to fill the void.

On the other side fans wanted the Coolmore crew out after the spat with Fergie and if that meant putting up with Uncle Malcolm for a few years then so be it.

The opposition to the Glazers is still there from many of the old skool reds but with a grudging acceptance that nothing can be done about it until they sell. Also most accept that they have built a financial monster. We would rather just be a football club but that is the modern era for you and as dan pointed out we don't like it because we are dinosaurs in the grand scheme of things.
Report DeSSieReborn March 25, 2017 10:24 AM GMT
Ha Ha thats hilarious!!! "The Coolmore firm who sold out" Laugh
Report peter the butcher March 25, 2017 10:24 AM GMT
Yes agreed tick. It won't just be the Anderlect fans though. For sure they will form an alliance with other clubs/countries.

Be careful if you do go out there. I'm waiting for the letter from the club telling us what to wear, where to drink, which bus to get and at what time. Yep okay then.....
Report peter the butcher March 25, 2017 10:26 AM GMT
I mean sold out in the literal sense of selling out their shares.

Is there some link to Rooney on this subject DeSSie? Can't understand your interest Confused
Report tickerty boo March 25, 2017 10:38 AM GMT
If I go pete will be in touch.
fancy it tbh before heading off to the sun.Excited
Report peter the butcher March 25, 2017 11:21 AM GMT
Ok cheers tick.
Report ufcdan March 25, 2017 12:18 PM GMT
That's the one pete,been nicked 4 times in Holland and Belgium,and for feck all,

What me guvnor, I never did nothink Shocked

Fu cking heard it all now LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report ufcdan March 25, 2017 12:20 PM GMT
Pete if your about, are you going to the fight tonight ? PS no boxing tips please Scared
Report grumpyjim March 25, 2017 12:35 PM GMT
never saw the game last night . horrified to see a lad with broken leg .. in news today ..
Only teams that can play ball and win it 100 per cent cleanly .. will be allowed to play the game .. SOON  ..
Hard work to recover ..seldom do and always the edge they had before the break  is LOST .. 
Clubs cannot stand loss of players costing so much .
Report grumpyjim March 25, 2017 12:41 PM GMT
delighted to see our man RASHFORD  is down as work in progress .. in news today .. 
need better trainers soon .. across the whole game ..from grass roots  to well engineered    Finished article .. as  ...FEW ..  exist at present day .. Shortens life span of players caught up . in rash tackles .... and needs addressed   URGENTLY ..
Report DeSSieReborn March 25, 2017 12:59 PM GMT
"nicked 4 times and that just in holland and belgium". Never mind the mileage chalked up as a supporter, what about the jailage? ShockedShocked
Report tickerty boo March 25, 2017 1:25 PM GMT
No bird Dessie,although the game where everyone got nicked via old Bill set up I was very lucky.
Pete knows the game and it was not united.Shocked
Report peter the butcher March 26, 2017 11:08 AM BST
Big effort from Ant Crolla last night but the other fella raised his game again. It was like a United away in there but hard to watch Ant being dismantled. His trainer tried to pull him out before the last round and called the ref over but Crolla pleaded to finish the fight. Linares described Crolla as having "big balls" and you would need them to get in with the Venezuelan. Very fast hands and he hits really hard too.
Report ufcdan March 26, 2017 2:01 PM BST
Totally agree Pete, certainly couldn't fault AC's courage. Sadly outclassed throughput the fight.
Report peter the butcher March 26, 2017 2:01 PM BST
Its nice to have a bit of a break from the footy but the International weeks are awful aren't they? Stopped watching England years ago.

Roll on the Premier league.
Report peter the butcher March 26, 2017 2:02 PM BST
Afternoon Dan. He gave it a right go but Linares was better this time than he was in the first fight. That uppercut is murderous
Report ufcdan March 26, 2017 2:02 PM BST
Actually enjoying watching Scunthorpe v Bradford, a goal either way will win me a few bob Cool
Report ufcdan March 26, 2017 2:04 PM BST
Afternoon. That punch would of stopped many fighters there and then !
Report peter the butcher March 26, 2017 2:05 PM BST
Hey tick TON had his photo taken with a smiling Linares before the fight with a caption underneath saying "you won't be smiling at the end of the fight pal"

Made me laugh even if though Linares had plenty to smile about afterwards
Report ufcdan March 26, 2017 2:06 PM BST
Atmosphere last night was electric. AC certainly didn't let anyone down. Wonder though we're he'll go from there Sad
Report ufcdan March 26, 2017 2:07 PM BST
Ton !!!!!!!! Is that my long lost twin brother ? And before you say I know who your talking about Wink I'm fu cking razor sharp today Shocked
Report tickerty boo March 26, 2017 2:23 PM BST
PeteLaugh
absolutely gutted for ant,but lingers different gravy.
Report ufcdan March 26, 2017 2:25 PM BST
Afternoon tick or should I say shaggy "wasn't me" Wink
Report tickerty boo March 26, 2017 2:42 PM BST
Sorry dan,I say it as I see itGrin
Report tickerty boo March 26, 2017 2:44 PM BST
You been to Rotterdam dan.
Report ufcdan March 26, 2017 4:00 PM BST
Sorry tick had to go out to pick up the missus Sad yes mate went there with engerland. Plenty of fun and games of course plenty of inter club rivalry which is one reason I no longer bother, remember some handbags with West Ham in Glasgow. It's not like you don't have your work cut out for you up there Grin The Dutch lads were game quite a few must of been Sheffield United fans.............certainly had enough of that clubs nickname Excited
Report peter the butcher March 26, 2017 5:48 PM BST
Yes unreal atmosphere dan, don't know if they showed it but flags and banners all over the place. Even the City fans were saying "fair play".

Like tick said the other bloke was different gravy.

Shame I couldn't get back on here to give you a tip for the fight. I'd have have told you to back Ant DevilGrin
Report ufcdan March 26, 2017 5:52 PM BST
Sorry I missed that tip, I'd of gone all in Crazy Backed the other fella hoping I'd do my dough but sadly to no avail Sad
Report peter the butcher March 26, 2017 5:55 PM BST
Yep, joking apart isn't it something like 80% of rematches go the same way as the original result?
Report ufcdan March 26, 2017 5:59 PM BST
Yeah think so Pete. Muhammad Ali made me laugh, he'd just knocked the sh1t out of Richard Dunn. After the fight he said "I'd like to fight him again" Laugh
Report ufcdan March 26, 2017 6:01 PM BST
Tbf Ant didn't disgrace himself in the first fight and certainly didn't last night but was it really worthy of a rematch ?
Report peter the butcher March 26, 2017 6:01 PM BST
Haha, yes I know a few lads on our trips who reckon they'd have taken Dunn out Laugh
Report peter the butcher March 26, 2017 6:03 PM BST
Remember that kid from Lincoln tick? We called him "One punch" but I think his name was Mark, he could bang couldn't he? How often did he get us out of trouble...
Report ufcdan March 26, 2017 6:03 PM BST
I know a few lads in our mob who'd fancy their chances against Fury LaughLaughLaughLaughWink
Report ufcdan March 26, 2017 6:06 PM BST
Think we came across him at Wembley when you beat us four nil in the FA cup, mind you our lad who was a big old lump got straight up Cool
Report peter the butcher March 26, 2017 6:13 PM BST
Must have been warming up with a jab
Report ufcdan March 26, 2017 6:15 PM BST
Laugh
Report peter the butcher March 26, 2017 6:16 PM BST
Saw Tyson the other day, not kidding when I say he's fatter than us. He reckons he'll be back in the ring in three months. It better be against somebody he can take out in 1 or two rounds cos he'll be gassing after that
Report ufcdan March 26, 2017 6:47 PM BST
Speak for yourself Wink
Report tickerty boo March 26, 2017 7:11 PM BST
Pete,I was with that one punch at Birmingham one night and we both missed the train,we went looking for food and bumped into half a dozen  of their mob,the rest is history......and I did nowt.Laugh
he could certainly bang.
Report peter the butcher March 26, 2017 7:17 PM BST
Yes he was something else tick.

Haven't seen him for a while, have you?

The other lad like him from here got locked up for robbery I think.
Report tickerty boo March 26, 2017 7:21 PM BST
I think he came with his mate a few times,seem to remember being in that pub at Newcastle station
and him turning up there.....that was the day everyone got a knock the night before.
there was only 30 of us,hence the nickname off the Geordie...the dirty 30.
Report peter the butcher March 26, 2017 7:55 PM BST
Laugh
Report peter the butcher March 27, 2017 12:09 PM BST
Morning all
Report sofiakenny March 27, 2017 12:11 PM BST
Good afternoon.
Report peter the butcher March 27, 2017 12:16 PM BST
I see the M.E.N did a survey asking United fans which player they felt should be sold or moved on at the end of this season.

The results;

Rooney 50%
Darmian29%
Fellaini 14%
Report peter the butcher March 27, 2017 12:17 PM BST
lol Kenny, my watch still showing 11.16 Blush
Report sofiakenny March 27, 2017 12:22 PM BST
Yup..Rooney is a busted flush...a quick return to Everton best for all parties.
Hope Luke Shaw isnt binned..I reckon he can be a proper asset for the team.
Report peter the butcher March 27, 2017 12:38 PM BST
Shaw just needs to get his head right
Report peter the butcher March 27, 2017 2:10 PM BST
Hope young anxious is ok and his exit is only temporary. Keep yer head up anxious.
Report grumpyjim March 27, 2017 3:33 PM BST
broken leg  ..  half a yard plus  ........loss for players ... FUTURE 
POOR SHAW WAS ........... A Particularly bad one .. and what you see now  ....is what we can get ..
please let him survive ..   ..Runs up the wing may be reduced somewhat ..  .. but  . he was a player till the terrible injury ..
Natural slow down affects  your .. BRAIN  .. after what he has come through .. Best Wishes go to you .. for future ...
FELLAINI   not reached his form from EVERTON   so hope these lads lagging a bit .. may come good .. PROBABLE STILL EASIEST OPTION FOR NEXT YEAR .. ..PTB .. your view  on training for youngsters coming through ..  ?? are there any ..?
LACKING GREAT  BALL SKILLS MOSTLY .. ?  ..
Report peter the butcher March 27, 2017 3:42 PM BST
Afternoon Jim

No doubt that the United academy is well short of the facilities offered at City and a couple of the London clubs. Also United lost some of the best coaches for various reasons.

Nicky Butt took over a while back and needs some time. Plenty of good players coming through Jim, its just a case of nurturing them and playing them at the right time. You more than anybody else knows that Alex was the master at that.

Will still take some doing to have 5 or 6 coming through at the same time that go on to win doubles and trebles though
Report peter the butcher March 27, 2017 3:43 PM BST
I think Fergie gave more debuts to youth players than anybody else in the British game. Just short of 100 players
Report peter the butcher March 27, 2017 3:47 PM BST
111 youth players at United have gone on to become internationals and 33 of them for England
Report peter the butcher March 27, 2017 3:50 PM BST
I know I keep bringing out the old stat of youth players in the United squad.

For almost 80 years and over 3800 games there has been a youth player in the United squad. That is some record whichever way you look at it.
Report rommel March 27, 2017 5:44 PM BST
FERGIE FERGIE FERGIE,FREGIE BALLOONS,grow the fck up,he's gone
YOU'RE LIVING IN THE PAST EVERY DAY,move on
grow the fckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk up
Report grumpyjim March 27, 2017 6:45 PM BST
rommel        ...........you need a new computer .  looks faulty  like its stuck ..  ...
nobody can ferget the fergie ......era ..  ..thats what it was.. like nose on ....yer face .. its always there ..
games all about statistics .. ..thats how it is and more so than ever .. GET TO GRIPS WITH THE FUTURE  ....WE love the past ..
PTB and  I .. WANT BETTER FOR OUR BOYS TRAINING WISE .. All a bit raw .all   young recruits .. . needs moving upwards .. 
Style .......... and  a sort of class  ............to our winning  .......and showing the boys  ...are still in the system ..  all GOOD NEWS .
Report grumpyjim March 27, 2017 6:50 PM BST
MR   M Ferguson ..had a lot of his card marked   ...quickly  ....and got chance of the best early .. ? 
made the most of opportunities .. and it worked very well  . HE   ,.... DID A GREAT JOB ..
Report rommel March 27, 2017 6:56 PM BST
nooooooooooooo,YOURE ALL STUCK,youre on your 3 rd manager since fergie,MOVE THE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK ON
Report grumpyjim March 27, 2017 7:13 PM BST
thought for a moment you had a snooze .. your warning bell still working .. We are only going through the Manager motion to see how bad they can be ..  BUT ....J.M.  will be on track next year  .. as he is getting all new   happy gear   ...for showing off to the fans .. home and away ..   watch this space as we clock up ...WIN   WIN   WIN  ..... EVERY WEEK  ..
BE LOST FOR TYPE as nothing to report ..  ALL SAD WHEN YOUR NOT ON FORM .. KEEP IT UP  ..??
Report peter the butcher March 27, 2017 7:19 PM BST
Fergie has left rommel permanently scarred.

Romm, you mention him more than anybody else. If that is part of your treatment I apologise.
Report peter the butcher March 27, 2017 7:21 PM BST
Hope DeSSie isn't busy writing to the editor of the M.E.N after their poll results were revealed today
Report rommel March 27, 2017 7:25 PM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 7:19PM, peter the butcher wrote:

Fergie has left rommel permanently scarred.Romm, you mention him more than anybody else. If that is part of your treatment I apologise.

ITS A GOOD DIG PETE,can you all take up the fergie challenge tho???dont mention his name on this thread for 24 hours,aye son theres the rub

Report rommel March 27, 2017 7:33 PM BST
and the treatment dig pete,if i contemplated getting 3 flights for a fckn no mark europa league away leg-id put myself in for some
Report grumpyjim March 27, 2017 7:35 PM BST
Fergie  ........will always be in our thoughts .. as we pull out all the memorabilia that ... takes  us ...back all these years ..
  LIke a religion following RED DEVILS .. AROUND THE WORLD  AND IN OUR  .....ARMCHAIRS  ....EVERY WEEK  ..  ....SadSadSadSadSadLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report rommel March 27, 2017 7:37 PM BST
moyse lvg and now jm,havent got a fckn chance really have they?????????
Report rommel March 27, 2017 7:40 PM BST

Mar 27, 2017 -- 7:35PM, grumpyjim wrote:

Fergie  ........will always be in our thoughts .. as we pull out all the memorabilia that ... takes  us ...back all these years ..   LIke a religion following RED DEVILS .. AROUND THE WORLD  AND IN OUR  .....ARMCHAIRS  ....EVERY WEEK  ..  ....

ooooooooooooooooo fck,10 mins,epic fail

Report peter the butcher March 27, 2017 7:44 PM BST
Mourinho could turn our to be one of the best managers United have had imo

In terms of winning trophies I mean
Report ufcdan March 27, 2017 8:01 PM BST
Not for bringing youth on though Sad
Report peter the butcher March 27, 2017 8:06 PM BST
He's doing alright at the moment. Both Rashford and Lingard have had plenty of opportunities
Report ufcdan March 27, 2017 8:08 PM BST
We'll see Sad
Report peter the butcher March 27, 2017 8:30 PM BST
If they are good enough he will play them.

Would hate it if he just kept buying players
Report rommel March 27, 2017 8:38 PM BST
when do the scales finally fall off the eyes re pogba????????LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report DeSSieReborn March 27, 2017 8:56 PM BST
peter the butcher
27 Mar 17 19:21
| Topic/replies: 48,117 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Hope DeSSie isn't busy writing to the editor of the M.E.N after their poll results were revealed today

A fcuking MEN News pollLaughLaughLaugh

Grow up guys I wonder how many City fans would have voted in that to get rid of the man who has hurt them most at OT. Might as well have had a poll in a few Fred Done bookmaker shops.
Report DeSSieReborn March 27, 2017 9:00 PM BST
peter the butcher
27 Mar 17 20:30
| Topic/replies: 48,117 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
If they are good enough he will play them.

Would hate it if he just kept buying players

Go on then Peter, how many games will our best prospect behind Fosu -Mensah, Perreira get in the first team before he is sold?
Report peter the butcher March 27, 2017 9:32 PM BST
DeSSie you keep picking youth players out randomly as if you know better than the manager.

You were going on about Varela and Januzaj in the same manner. Where are they now? I presume you think they should be in the first team still?

When the time is right he will play them. Di you think he's deliberately not playing them for some unknown reason?
Report peter the butcher March 27, 2017 9:37 PM BST
It's not easy for Mourinho to play Perreira at the moment as he's not even in this country.

You do know he's on loan at Grenada or somewhere like that don't you?

Hopefully he gets good experience out there and continues doing as well as he's been doing before coming back to United
Report DeSSieReborn March 28, 2017 9:35 AM BST
peter the butcher
27 Mar 17 21:37
| Topic/replies: 48,119 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
It's not easy for Mourinho to play Perreira at the moment as he's not even in this country.

You do know he's on loan at Grenada or somewhere like that don't you?

FFS
Report peter the butcher March 28, 2017 10:01 AM BST
I will take that as you didn't know he was on loan at Granada
Report peter the butcher March 28, 2017 10:02 AM BST
On that basis should Mourinho be picking Januzaj and Varela too?
Report peter the butcher March 28, 2017 10:42 AM BST
United fans to be investigated for singing homophobic songs at Chelsea after Chelsea fans made complaints to the police Shocked

The end is nigh......
Report olddesperado March 28, 2017 12:45 PM BST
Nowt as **** as folk.
Report tickerty boo March 28, 2017 1:31 PM BST
Is that the Chelsea r e n t boy songLaugh
you are right pete,the end is nigh,country's gone fkn bananas.
Report duffy March 28, 2017 3:34 PM BST
peter the butcher
     27 Mar 17 19:44

Mourinho could turn our to be one of the best managers United have had imo

In terms of winning trophies I mean 

Needs about one more to be pushing for 2nd place doesn't he?Grin
Report peter the butcher March 28, 2017 4:59 PM BST
DevilGrin
Report rommel March 28, 2017 5:10 PM BST
any wiser as to why anx' got banned?
Report peter the butcher March 28, 2017 5:30 PM BST
Not sure but whatever he said he kept repeating it 27 times
Report tickerty boo March 28, 2017 5:32 PM BST
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report rommel March 28, 2017 5:34 PM BST
he even hit the spuds fans with the lat year they wonLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report rommel March 28, 2017 5:35 PM BST
last* ffs
Report ufcdan March 28, 2017 7:54 PM BST
Singing nasty songs I hope you all get a jolly good telling off.................Northern ruffians Shocked
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now