Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 8 people viewing this thread.
peter the butcher
27 Dec 10 00:11
| Topic/replies: 37,446 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report tony2914 August 21, 2014 5:17 PM BST
Crunch time now chaps in this transfer window, di maria and khedira want OUT so can ed the pleb get them IN ????
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 21, 2014 5:25 PM BST
Tries that in Liverpool he will get mugged
Report bbc2 August 21, 2014 5:27 PM BST
his indoor firework display was good
Report bbc2 August 21, 2014 5:28 PM BST
when he loses the ball and has a diva sending off fitLaugh
Report degsy42 August 21, 2014 5:31 PM BST
or when he scores a hat trick against the mancs  either way its gonna be fun
Report bbc2 August 21, 2014 5:34 PM BST
dream on degsy
Report charwell. August 21, 2014 5:38 PM BST
Well if Dirk Kuyt could......
Report charwell. August 21, 2014 5:43 PM BST
Interestingly, we will pay Balotelli 90k p.w. to play for us.

Man Utd will pay Nani 120k p.w. to play for Sporting Lisbon.
Report degsy42 August 21, 2014 5:52 PM BST
ed woodward has insisted he will pay half of balotellis wages for the next 2 years
Report tickerty boo August 21, 2014 5:55 PM BST
he wont be there in 2 years.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 21, 2014 5:58 PM BST
Who ed
Report HarmonicaPhil August 21, 2014 6:04 PM BST
Utd got the best of that deal
Report Ozymandius August 21, 2014 7:44 PM BST
No idea how Rodgers intends to keep Il Sulk happy as a bench warmer.  Talk abut a Trojan Horse.  You can always rely upon the Scousers to shoot themselves in the foot.
Report degsy42 August 21, 2014 7:51 PM BST
heard signing of Di Maria imminent , statement reads , manchester utds success on the field is replicated with their success off the field so therefore we welcome our new additions to the concourse catering Di and Maria whose expertise in pie making will make man utd no1 in the catering department .
Report peter the butcher August 21, 2014 8:11 PM BST
Lisbon wanted 20m for Rojo United wanted to pay 16m.

United see no future for Nani but want at least 12m for him and are struggling to sell him to somewhere he wants to go to.

If they weren't going to use him they might as well loan him out, so they have made up the 4m Rojo transfer shortfall by loaning him to Lisbon for a year at a cost to United of 4m but this is what they would still have had to pay Nani for sitting on his arse at United.

The deal for Rojo completed with this compromise.

Sorted.
Report Ozymandius August 21, 2014 8:17 PM BST
Agreed Peter, shrewd from Ed.
Report degsy42 August 21, 2014 8:20 PM BST
shrewd
Report peter the butcher August 21, 2014 8:38 PM BST
Ozy,

The other bit could be good or long term bad news. We have agreed to pay Lisbon in instalments for Rojo.

I am hoping this is to retain funds for the other incoming transfers in case the selling club want a payment on delivery.

For the long run its a little worrying that United can't pay the outright fee on most of their transfers.

I do understand that most clubs conduct business on an instalment basis these days but....
Report Solano1 August 21, 2014 8:39 PM BST
Never heard of him.
Report peter the butcher August 21, 2014 8:44 PM BST
Who, Ed?
Report Solano1 August 21, 2014 8:45 PM BST
Marko Rolo.
Report 11kv August 21, 2014 8:48 PM BST
I know Ray Butler   Laugh
Report peter the butcher August 21, 2014 8:50 PM BST
Lol

I only really watched him in the World Cup. The stats said he was faster than Robben when they played against each other in the semi final. He played well in the final itself, he was voted the best Argentinian defender and was in the best World Cup eleven team. He is a hard nut who gets booked and sent off much more than he should. He can play left back or centre half.

He almost went on strike to force Lisbon to sell him to United saying they had gone back on a promise.

Other than that I don't know anything else.
Report Solano1 August 21, 2014 8:52 PM BST
He'll need to be able to play both, with them other clowns at the back.
Report Dav_vin03 August 21, 2014 8:52 PM BST
twitter reports United back in for James McCarthy of Everton
Report Ozymandius August 21, 2014 8:52 PM BST
Could be that we might retain future tranches of the money if Sporting decide to keep Nani.  Very hard to see how they could afford his wages, unless they take the view they have had him 'free' for a year already.  Or if Nani gets a pay off from United to sweeten the transfer.
Report peter the butcher August 21, 2014 8:53 PM BST
Kenworthy must be short of money again.
Report degsy42 August 21, 2014 8:54 PM BST
should be able to get him for 30mil plus
Report peter the butcher August 21, 2014 8:55 PM BST
Agreed Ozy, we could sell Nani to Lisbon for 6-7m next season and it would be equivalent to getting what we want for him this season plus Rojo for no more than the 16m we wanted to pay
Report peter the butcher August 21, 2014 8:57 PM BST
Ooops cancel that last post Blush
Report peter the butcher August 21, 2014 8:58 PM BST
What I meant was if we sold him next season for 6-7m and didn't have to pay him his 4m plus wages next season it would be the equivalent of getting what we wanted for him now,
Report degsy42 August 21, 2014 9:03 PM BST
what happens if he has a sh1te season and they dont want him
Report peter the butcher August 21, 2014 9:05 PM BST
Houston, we have a problem....
Report CheltenhamRoar August 21, 2014 9:17 PM BST
is anderson still around?no pun intended!
Report peter the butcher August 21, 2014 9:24 PM BST
LaughLaughLaugh
Report dr . atkins August 21, 2014 9:32 PM BST
pete you heard to di maria wants to come too you
Report 56 August 21, 2014 9:36 PM BST
Back 5 to look something like this -

Valencia/Young       Jones/Smalling     Evans      Rojo     Shaw.

Rojo played centre back last season for Sporting but left back in the world cup.

Just did another centre back and get rid of Jones and Smalling
Report CheltenhamRoar August 21, 2014 9:37 PM BST
Still amazes me the stick Nani gets,Yes he's been poor the last 2 seasons or so,But is he really any worse than Ashley (mr predictable who loves to overhit a cross)Young or Antonio (my left foot is strictly for standing on) Valencia.
The answer is No,But it's easy and fashionable to blame Nani
Report peter the butcher August 21, 2014 9:37 PM BST
Yes he does doc but he said the same about PSG a couple of months ago.

The transfer fee is the big problem but his agent has been in talks with United for a while.

I don't get excited anymore because we know Ed will f uck it up.

The fact that Ancelotti has made Di Maria's wish to leave public makes United think they are trying to rustle up an auction for him Sad
Report 56 August 21, 2014 9:44 PM BST
Cheltenham

Agreed - will miss Nani. remember some great moments eg. goal v Chelsea at home, v Arsenal away and at Wembley scored 2 against City. Something went wrong with him but at 27, he is not going to improve. Think his problem is between his ears - should now be the top man at Utd but happy to go back to Sporting tells me something.
Report peter the butcher August 21, 2014 9:52 PM BST
The funniest Nani memory for me is when he was taking the p1ss out of Arsenal.

Do you remember him juggling the ball on his head a few times and then doing keepy uppy's running at pace. Two Arsenal lads came charging at him and he avoided one of them before the other bloke tried to put him into touch.

We were p1ssing ourselves.
Report 56 August 21, 2014 10:01 PM BST
Dare I say it but feel DeMaria is on his way. LVG openly spoke abput needing a top class wide man like DeMaria, his mate from Argentina now here and refusing to sign new contract at Real Madrid. He cant go anywhere else ; FFP working nicely.
Report bbc2 August 21, 2014 10:04 PM BST
sky bet betting on united transfer targets ANGEL DI MARIA NOW INTO1-3 from 4-7 DALEY BLIND STILL 1-5 JAMES MCCARTHY 1-3 ARTURA VIDAL 1-10 ARJEN ROBBEN NOW 13-8
Report 56 August 21, 2014 10:07 PM BST
cant see us going for Blind as he has no pace ; Vidal expensive for a 27 year old.
Report peter the butcher August 21, 2014 10:08 PM BST
I love their books beeb. Ask them for prices on each player not coming to United.
Report bbc2 August 21, 2014 10:13 PM BST
THEY ARE A JOKE PETER but di maria moved in and so has robben
Report bbc2 August 21, 2014 10:14 PM BST
if you believe juve vidal is staying.
Report bbc2 August 21, 2014 10:18 PM BST
think chico will play a part in the vidal transfer
Report charwell. August 22, 2014 12:06 AM BST
Pete, you can spin the BS as much as you like but giving a player a £120k p.w contract; whom nobody wants, and then paying his £5m a year wages whilst he plies his trade for somebody else reeks of mismanagement on a grand scale.

Whilst you wax lyrical about Rojo I seem to recall fans protests about him being in the Argentina squad! He was not highly rated in his homeland or even at his club! I think he did very well at the WC but then so did Diouf and Diao so interesting to see how that one pans out.......
Report what do i do now? August 22, 2014 1:46 AM BST
If you were writing a list entitled, "Things you never thought you'd see," this would be near the top:

http://youtu.be/vToYQEYQQOk
Report tony2914 August 22, 2014 7:57 AM BST
morning lads. its going be a long 11 days in this transfer circus, so a bit of a different subject something that's been bothering me for a while, The topic to discuss Peter Schmicheal UNITED LEGEND OR TREACHEROUS WEASEL.  I think im the minority on this one cos im most definatley in the weasel camp. My reason are the following 1.He wanted to leave the premier league cos it was a strain on his body and wanted the easier option in Portugal, that's fine. 2.After one season villa offer big bucks and wow hes back in the premier league,disapointing but not suprising.3.Then he has the scruples of a sewer rat and signs for the berties utter disgrace.4 The ultimate insult to the club who made him ,the fans who gave him hero status was when the bitters beat us 3-1 I think it was when Goater scored the 3rd was his antics,OVER THE TOP FIST PUMPING AND EXAGGERATED CELEBRATIONS. Now if fergie had bombed him out ie stam beckham keane ect that maybe was his reason but he left on good terms. He is now on the united gravy train as an ambassador nxt to the likes of ROBBO who is a united legend . I have that much disrespect for SCHMICHESL that whenever naming uniteds greatest 11 and his name crops up my stance is GIVE ME A ONE ARMED PADDY ROACHE ANY DAY .
Report OnePercenter August 22, 2014 8:18 AM BST
Liverpool about to make the transfer window's most bizarre signing yet their 'supporters' are still all over the United thread trying to pick holes in the club.

Seems to me these Liverpool 'supporters' could be more accurately described as United haters.
Report OnePercenter August 22, 2014 8:45 AM BST
I don't think Sunday is going to be a very comfortable day for United. I think Poyet will have his side pumped and they'll have fun and games with United's makeshift defence. Rojo by himself is a sticking plaster we still need another two centrebacks.

I would have expected the club to have signed at least one more this week. LvG may well have a stellar wishlist but if they can't be persuaded to come then the club has to move on to new targets. If we struggle again this season it will be even harder to attract world class players next summer.
Report bbc2 August 22, 2014 8:50 AM BST
thought psg were out of angel di maria signing but it appears not
Report Ozymandius August 22, 2014 9:10 AM BST
Schmeichal was a talented but posing tw@t.

#teamvandersar
Report DeSSieReborn August 22, 2014 9:11 AM BST
Its all part of the game of pumping up the price united pay.....
Report peter the butcher August 22, 2014 12:31 PM BST
tony

Spot on with that Schmeichel post. Great goalkeeper, possibly the best ever but a tw@t of a man.

I've never met him but mates who have met him say he wasn't that great with them
Report tony2914 August 22, 2014 1:58 PM BST
cheers pete im old school when it comes to loayalty not a lot left in the game now sadly and has got to be accepted in this changing world of greed( the introduction of sky started the rot)where poor players are millionaires.You look at some of the stars of the 70s if they played today they would be loaded.You see the likes of stan bowles and len cantello knocking about round my way just normal fellas not like this shower of **** today.
Report happyhibee August 22, 2014 2:56 PM BST
I was at a Q&A with Guillem Balague and Graham Hunter last night and 1 lad asked a question about Van Gaal.

The general consensus was this:

1) The 300m is available and isn't a myth.
2) Van Gaal has identified the players he wants and if he doesn't get them they won't be bringing in guys for the sake of it.
3) No bid has been made yet for Di Maria but Madrid want 60-65 million euros for him
Report easyrider69 August 22, 2014 3:16 PM BST
lol happyhibee, you dont really believe those two do you....

I know were all looking to info on whats going on....but to go to a q&a with two guys who are as reliable as the daily star is laughable....
Report happyhibee August 22, 2014 3:21 PM BST
Think you'll find that especially where Spanish football matters are concerned Balague is one person who does have his finger on the pulse
Report DeSSieReborn August 22, 2014 3:35 PM BST
sure its not finger in the pie? if he is worth 60m let psg have him imo
Report DeSSieReborn August 22, 2014 3:42 PM BST
one would hope a crash course in english is mr rojos first training achievement Happy
Report peter the butcher August 22, 2014 3:44 PM BST
What a horse that Sole Power is and it was some ride from Hughesy
Report DeSSieReborn August 22, 2014 3:45 PM BST
yep murtagh gave up a good horse when he retired.....must be like sitting on a big motorbike when it takes off lol
Report peter the butcher August 22, 2014 3:46 PM BST
Yep, the acceleration must be some feeling
Report peter the butcher August 22, 2014 3:47 PM BST
Got a good photo for you DeSSie, give me two mins Devil
Report peter the butcher August 22, 2014 3:49 PM BST
Van Persie- "Seriously, you are the new captain Wazza"???

Report peter the butcher August 22, 2014 3:51 PM BST
Van Persie tweeted that photo yesterday to show he is "nearing match fitness".

I think there might also be an attempt to show the two aren't at war, as is the perception.
Report DeSSieReborn August 22, 2014 3:55 PM BST
lol they clearly do have SOME fun despite all the rumours
Report OnePercenter August 22, 2014 3:55 PM BST
Daily Telegraph is saying Welbeck has been told he can leave.

I hope this is another made up story. Welbeck may not be the greatest centre forward in the world but he does bring great energy to the side.
Report DeSSieReborn August 22, 2014 3:55 PM BST
How does that photo show he is nearing match fitness?
Report peter the butcher August 22, 2014 3:57 PM BST
He is upright DeSSie Devil
Report DeSSieReborn August 22, 2014 3:57 PM BST
I doubt theres much frivolity between Roo and Jones Laugh
Report DeSSieReborn August 22, 2014 3:58 PM BST
Yes he isn't lay on a treatment table. Must be close lol
Report DeSSieReborn August 22, 2014 3:58 PM BST
I do think it will be a massive boost when he comes back in
Report OnePercenter August 22, 2014 4:10 PM BST
Rojo can't play on Sunday as he doesn't have a work permit yet.

Herrera, Fellaini & Lingard are injured for Sunday.
Report DeSSieReborn August 22, 2014 4:12 PM BST
herrera Cry
Report DeSSieReborn August 22, 2014 4:13 PM BST
danny welbeck surplus to requirements? These Sky Sports reporters are **** stirrers
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 22, 2014 4:19 PM BST
I think you will be ok against Sunderland but qpr look to have a stronger and better balanced squad so a point would be a good return against them imo
Report dr . atkins August 22, 2014 4:20 PM BST
welbeck told he can leave and also cleverley
Report DeSSieReborn August 22, 2014 4:22 PM BST
one percenter wheres the herrera info from? has he picked up an injury in training?
Report dr . atkins August 22, 2014 4:26 PM BST
my outside bet for man utd khedira form madrid
Report DeSSieReborn August 22, 2014 4:28 PM BST
Khedira AND Di Maria 60m Tongue Out
Report easyrider69 August 22, 2014 4:37 PM BST
id have Khedira in a flash.....Di Maria is way over priced and if bought were does that leave Januzaj ?
Report Over2.5 August 22, 2014 4:40 PM BST
Always reading Cool
Report bbc2 August 22, 2014 4:52 PM BST
lvg double training working a treat we have a full team injured
Report duffy August 22, 2014 4:57 PM BST
di maria is vital,if they are forced to pay over the odds...at least it's for a player that can take people on and beat them....in a side with zero pace...that's crucial.
Report DeSSieReborn August 22, 2014 5:47 PM BST
You would give 3/4 of Ronaldo money for Di Maria? Seriously?
Report DeSSieReborn August 22, 2014 5:49 PM BST
If we pay over 40m we are getting taken for a ride
Report DeSSieReborn August 22, 2014 5:56 PM BST
Rather give Zaha the right wing. The lads never been given a ****ing chance at OT. Varela too. Give them a chance before we spend.
Report duffy August 22, 2014 6:03 PM BST
Dessie...united aren't in a position where they can worry about that...besides, di maria looks bloody as good as any other madrid player every time I watch them....although I do accept that ronaldo is better, before you ask....di maria is top top class...so you pay accordingly.
Report bbc2 August 22, 2014 6:26 PM BST
lvg doesnt fancy zaha
Report 56 August 22, 2014 6:30 PM BST
Zaha is s.... DiMaria is world class ; was best player on the pitch in euro cup final. Welbeck going...getting better. next please Smalling out the door.
Report Ozymandius August 22, 2014 6:50 PM BST
So is it Cleverley, Fletch and Mata in midfield on Sunday then?  Good heavens.

I think if we get Di Maria, we might try him alongside Herrera in midfield. Which may or may not work.  He is effectve in a midfield 3 in a 4-3-3, but different kettle of fish in a '2' in a 5-2-1-2 (or a '4' in a 3-4-1-2 if you will)  If he plays further forward than than that he will have to replace one of Rooney, RVP or Mata.
Report bbc2 August 22, 2014 7:01 PM BST
peter better take his boots to sunderland likely to be a sub
Report ours4keeps August 22, 2014 7:17 PM BST
To add to playing 3 at the back when you have only 3 senior centre backs and he takes over a month and the first defeat of the season to get another one in (or is he really the left wing back rather than chubby), we now see a possible move for Madrid winger Di Maria. Note how Januzaj was your best player and you went 4-4-2 to accommodate him, now you want another one despite favouring a wingerless formation. To quote a familiar complaint of Moyes: "What's the plan?"

It's all very well having a favoured formation but if you're drastically short of centre backs, have no proven wing backs, your great white hope is a winger who apparently isn't suited to wb, have let several quality midfielders go elsewhere without a breath and now want to buy another winger then shouldn't the first priority be to either get the players in to fit the system or find a solution that fits the squad. Saturday was neither and spectacularly so.
Report Ozymandius August 22, 2014 8:00 PM BST
When did anyone last see Di Maria play as a winger for RM ffs?
Report Warren-Rochdale August 22, 2014 8:28 PM BST
I've backed 3 " cert's " today and all have lost . I'm finished with this f uckin place . Goodbye . **** the lot of you .
Report morpteh mackem August 22, 2014 8:35 PM BST
Grin
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now