Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 17 people viewing this thread.
peter the butcher
27 Dec 10 00:11
| Topic/replies: 37,979 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report peter the butcher September 17, 2014 5:58 PM BST
OnePercenter,

Do you hate Liverpool?
Report stridingedge September 17, 2014 6:00 PM BST
OnePercenter    17 Sep 14 14:07 
stridingedge, get back in your pram.

you are the biggest moaner on here pal

get a grip man
Report stridingedge September 17, 2014 6:02 PM BST
i was happy to stay out of this thread but you keep on and on with your

'everyone else is obsessed with utd b0ll0x'

i've said it a million times the fans are as bad as each other with their jibes, deal with it.

you come across as an immature adolescent tbh
Report OnePercenter September 17, 2014 6:10 PM BST
I have no hatred for Liverpool the city but I find the fans of their football club that stalk this thread to be tiresome. They lack wit and simply post endless twaddle. Their obsession with all things United shows they have clearly been damaged by the club's success.
Report stridingedge September 17, 2014 6:15 PM BST
what you don't seem to grasp is it works both ways.
and if you look at a lot of your comments they are insightful

ie liverpool are irrelevant, there is no rivlary between the clubs anymore etc etc

you seem to have blinkers on that you can say these things and won't get a reaction.

this is a forum where a lot of the comments are very much tongue in cheek between the 2 sets of fans and most accept this to be the case.

i just think you go overboard that our fans are somehow worse than yours with their comments, clearly if you look at the bigger picture this is not the case.
Report stridingedge September 17, 2014 6:16 PM BST
inciting not insightful CryHappy
Report stridingedge September 17, 2014 6:17 PM BST
inciting not insightful Shocked
Report peter the butcher September 17, 2014 6:28 PM BST
OnePercenter,

you go on plenty of threads about Liverpool and "contribute".

I see no problem with that either. In fact didn't you even start the Liverpool match thread v Villa?
Report Ozymandius September 17, 2014 6:28 PM BST
Shameful to see 1%'r being fed to the Hyenas here.  What ever happened to solidarity?  Trumped by the doctrine of appeasment it seems.

I'm f**cked if I am going to cuddle up to the Scousers!
Report OnePercenter September 17, 2014 6:31 PM BST
The Liverpool v Villa thread was a betting thread.

Anyway peter you have no need to worry. This is my last post on this thread. I am moving permanently to the Liverpool thread.

Bye.
Report Ozymandius September 17, 2014 6:31 PM BST
Laugh Give em hell!
Report stridingedge September 17, 2014 6:39 PM BST
OnePercenter    17 Sep 14 18:27 
A squad full of mediocre won't get you anywhere. You can't expect to do well in either the Premiership or the CL with average players. You'd have been better off buying one great player.

Once the years catch up with Gerrard your squad will look a little like Hull's imho.

ROFL at you on your high and mighty crusade
Report stridingedge September 17, 2014 6:40 PM BST
if you can't take it don't dish it.

everyone else seems to be able to grasp this apart from you onepercenter.
Report peter the butcher September 17, 2014 6:40 PM BST
Ozy,

To be fair you are one of those that was referred to as "running to mummy" DevilDevil
Report peter the butcher September 17, 2014 6:44 PM BST
OnePercenter,

I am not worried in the slightest. I hope you are joking as I enjoy some of your posts on here.

I just think all this bickering with the Liverpool fans is getting a bit tiresome and we look like we can dish it out but not take it.

Let them have their say. like some of our posters do on their thread. Its a football forum after all.
Report Ozymandius September 17, 2014 6:46 PM BST
Mister Chamberlain, no surprise to see you having a go at me rather than a Scouser.

Are you going through the male menopause by any chance?
Report stridingedge September 17, 2014 6:46 PM BST
you certainly don't look like that at all peter, i don't always agree with you, but you know the crack and i respect you for that.

it's the double standards mob that frustrate me.

we all know really we are as bad as each other but it's a laugh or should be. Wink
Report 11kv September 17, 2014 6:48 PM BST
I love this thread
Report 11kv September 17, 2014 6:48 PM BST
I love this thread
Report degsy42 September 17, 2014 6:49 PM BST
love is in the air
Report stridingedge September 17, 2014 6:50 PM BST
Laugh
Report stridingedge September 17, 2014 6:51 PM BST
onepercenter has made it through no man's land as is firmly entrenched in the liverpool bunker chucking grenades. Silly
Report peter the butcher September 17, 2014 6:55 PM BST
Ozy,

Knew I would get a response and its not bad tbf Devil

If I'm honest I would rather debate or banter with a non United fan who knows his onions than stick up for a United fan who's main line of attack is to whine and abuse others telling them to get back on their own thread when they take an opportunity to get their own back on us.

After al,l they haven't had much opportunity for the last twenty plus years....
Report 11kv September 17, 2014 6:55 PM BST
Tis a good unGrinHappy
Report bbc2 September 17, 2014 7:03 PM BST
i quite like abusing liverpool fansShocked
Report peter the butcher September 17, 2014 7:03 PM BST
11kv,

Are you sharing degsy's popcorn?
Report bbc2 September 17, 2014 7:04 PM BST
does it have a set season like grouse shooting
Report Pandorica September 17, 2014 7:25 PM BST
Would it be impolite to say that I've just caught up with recent posts and, all in all, I'd rather have that 10 minutes back?
Report PBK September 17, 2014 7:31 PM BST
Probably a little bit rude pandy ! Evening all I sent Warren a text today he said to say hello to everyone on here, his Father is being laid to rest tomorrow so not a great time for him but he seems to be bearing up.
Report Ozymandius September 17, 2014 7:32 PM BST
Ok Peter, if that's how you feel I will leave you to the company of your knowlegable Scouse friends and their dull, repeditive, 24/7 bickering which has destroyed the thread. 

Your idea of weakness is telling them to feck off, my idea of weakness is wasting time and indulging them.  It would be different if the banter was occasional and fun btw. It is neither.

Best of luck and enjoy the season, lads.
Report bbc2 September 17, 2014 7:40 PM BST
pbk shouldnt you be eating popcorn sitting waiting for the chelsea game to start
Report Pandorica September 17, 2014 7:43 PM BST
I'll try to be more diplomatic PBK.

Ozy, Peter, I can see the point of view you each hold.

As a general rule, telling scousers to fck off is a perfectly acceptable greeting and should be encouraged, obviously.

However, by tapping the glass we may keep these particular fish in the aquarium for when the tables are fully turned and they are once again trailing in our wake. That might be the most cliche ridden sentence in history but basically, stay around Oz and put up with the no-marks because they don't have much in their lives and if we can give them just one fulfilling moment we may one day see paradise.

Alternatively, see Plan A.
Report peter the butcher September 17, 2014 7:55 PM BST
Ozy,

You are far too sensitive for your own good mate.

Nobody is asking you to leave and you shouldn't just cut and run every time somebody disagrees with you. The Moyes disagreements resulted in you leaving the thread as well.

By all means tell me to f uck off and say i'm wrong rather than take your bat home.
Report PBK September 17, 2014 7:57 PM BST
Popcorn and drinks at the ready Beeb, Cheers pandy on two counts one trying to be more diplomatic and two not calling me a wazzock ! Wink I too just been through all the posts, ten minutes of my life taken up Sad Cesc has scored LaughLaughLaughLaugh now I've got to pick up my popcorn !
Report charwell. September 17, 2014 7:58 PM BST
Pete, I thought it was very soft initially when it was awarded but they showed a replay after the game from a different angle and he clearly tripped Manquillo up.

Huge error by the GK who played really well until that moment of madness.
Report Pandorica September 17, 2014 7:59 PM BST
Yup. Only feck off if you find yourself really fretting about what people say, to the point where you're thinking about it in your real life, or if you're simply not enjoying it on here any more. I felt like that a couple of years ago and fecked off for a few months. That's OK. But don't do it because somebody disagrees with you ffs. Just tell him to f uck off Grin
Report Pandorica September 17, 2014 8:00 PM BST
Multiple emoticons.
Now you are a wazzock.
Report Pandorica September 17, 2014 8:02 PM BST
I can sympathise with Ozy. I'm sensitive too,
Report PBK September 17, 2014 8:03 PM BST
I know you love em really Pandy WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink and call me a wazzock again and I'll go never to be seen on here again !
Report bbc2 September 17, 2014 8:03 PM BST
comes with riding racing bikes
Report bbc2 September 17, 2014 8:04 PM BST
loads of divas on here
Report PBK September 17, 2014 8:05 PM BST
Vaseline helps
Report Pandorica September 17, 2014 8:05 PM BST
I fear the road bike will have to be mothballed until spring beeb Sad
The forecast this weekend is a shocker. There won't be many nice days left. Back to the old mountain bike.
Report Pandorica September 17, 2014 8:05 PM BST
Liverpool had one of those last night beeb
Report bbc2 September 17, 2014 8:09 PM BST
its a shame i thought iwas going to enjoy the game
Report PBK September 17, 2014 8:32 PM BST
Chelsea making hard work of things Sad
Report charwell. September 17, 2014 8:34 PM BST
The neutrals enjoyed the game. Liverpool doing the nation proud in Europe again. You don't get to keep old big ears by letting blighty down. I am sure you must also own one given your imperious track record......
Report Ozymandius September 17, 2014 9:32 PM BST
So Peter, you encourage me to tell you to F**k off, yet arbitrarily declare it as a unacceptable way to address the Scousers.  Sorry but I don't follow that logic.

As far as I can see you have your head up all the Scousers arses on here, playing the Mother Teressa role, the nice guy.  It's nauseating at times if I am honest.  And yet a lad like 1% sticking up for the club (ok not in the best way at times) gets thrown under the bus for stepping out of (your perceived) line.  He wouldn't have to step out of line if the Scousers weren't haunting the thread in their current fashion.

If I were to pr1ck around on their their thread, I wouldn't expect to be indulged.  I would expect to be told to f**k off and rightly so.

Lets hope it doesn't kick off at at the next away game as you won't be much help as you seem to have lost yer b0ll0x.

Thanks Pandy for your well chosen words, appreciated.
Report PBK September 17, 2014 9:39 PM BST
oooooh Shocked
Report peter the butcher September 17, 2014 9:45 PM BST
Grow a pair Ozy. I wasn't just having a go at onepercent, I was having a go at you too.
Report Pandorica September 17, 2014 9:45 PM BST
Hang on while I get my choc-ice and pull up a chair.
Report peter the butcher September 17, 2014 9:46 PM BST
As for it kicking off at a match you can always show your support by shouting at the telly....
Report peter the butcher September 17, 2014 9:47 PM BST
At least I don't threaten to run off to mummy each time somebody doesn't agree with me
Report Pandorica September 17, 2014 9:47 PM BST
And my Kia-Ora
Report Ozymandius September 17, 2014 9:48 PM BST
Roy Keane esque, I thought Laugh
Report PBK September 17, 2014 9:48 PM BST
This looks good are we sitting comfortably Pandy
Report bbc2 September 17, 2014 9:48 PM BST
got my popcorn
Report PBK September 17, 2014 9:49 PM BST
Eaten all mine beeb Sad
Report peter the butcher September 17, 2014 9:51 PM BST
I have to be careful here PBK. My insults can't be too damaging or Ozy will be gone forever
Report bbc2 September 17, 2014 9:51 PM BST
what a shower chelsea are you had them licked
Report peter the butcher September 17, 2014 9:52 PM BST
We just need RP to appear on the scene now with a "subtle" joke and Ozy will self combust
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER September 17, 2014 9:58 PM BST
Think he's blocked me pete
Report PBK September 17, 2014 9:58 PM BST
I won money beeb laid us backed Bayern also had a bet on Sundays game in case Costa got injured, can't work out why he played Drogba over Remy. On a serious note you lot you start bickering over the scousers they win laughing their b0ll0x off. You lot can't hate each other to much or you wouldn't engage each other. I wouldn't entertain any banter with a Spurs fan fu cking hate them and always will !
Report bbc2 September 17, 2014 10:00 PM BST
wanted 0-0 or citySad
Report PBK September 17, 2014 10:02 PM BST
Purely for gambling reasons I hope Beeb ?
Report bbc2 September 17, 2014 10:06 PM BST
bought a case of cheap tinned dog food we use for the carp.the carp go mad for it the swim goes bonkers just a bubble bath.well i have two jack russels and today i gave them atin.they have been farting all night no wonder the swim bubbles its the carp farting.
Report PBK September 17, 2014 10:08 PM BST
Laugh going Friday going to Furnace lakes in Sussex some big carp but I'll be after the tench and bream
Report bbc2 September 17, 2014 10:10 PM BST
thought you were a sick note pbk
Report Solano1 September 17, 2014 10:10 PM BST
W@nkers.
Report Pandorica September 17, 2014 10:11 PM BST
Here come Mr Karrimor
Report Solano1 September 17, 2014 10:12 PM BST
I prefer Haribo.
Report Pandorica September 17, 2014 10:13 PM BST
What does it say about your life when you're so gutted at falling asleep during Bake Off that not even City fcking up can provide consolation?
Report bbc2 September 17, 2014 10:13 PM BST
sol no you cant borrow peters plane
Report Pandorica September 17, 2014 10:14 PM BST
I went round a Haribo factory in France. I know how they make Giant Strawberries, but only in French.
Report Pandorica September 17, 2014 10:15 PM BST
Ummmm... Fraises Geantes
Report Solano1 September 17, 2014 10:16 PM BST
I just popped in to see who he was bullying tonight beeb.

Gettin too big for his boots that fella.
Report Solano1 September 17, 2014 10:17 PM BST
Strawberries are for the middle classes.

I prefer cola bottles.
Report ours4keeps September 17, 2014 10:18 PM BST
I believe 1% is now, to use the vernacular, my bitch.

As for ozy's whingeing, I think what Pete's trying to say is don't dish it if you can't take it. We've had our share and are having a nice period, whereas you've been on top for long enough and are suddenly struggling. The prissiness makes you look like a spoilt child. Ultimately, as you get a bit older you'll realise (and I'll wash my mouth out later) that Liverpool and Utd fans have a lot more in common than by way of difference. Probably, that's what's made the rivalry so great.

And long may it continue. It's what football's all about. If you turn into a juvenile mess when things are going awry or have to be a bitterbettor or hrt style paranoid wreck 24/7 then its probably a bit too rich for you and you may prefer Countryfile.
Report PBK September 17, 2014 10:18 PM BST
I am mate another five weeks Happy Ah Mr Solano I have a bone to pick with you your comment regards a certain Mr Pardew "At the moment he's our cu nt so why don't you fu ck off" I was just wondering are you Pete's geordie cousin only it sounded like the blind loyalty Mr Butcher was giving to David Moyes last season. Anyway as you say Alan Pardew is your cu nt and as far as I'm concerned you can keep him in fact you deserve him !
Report Pandorica September 17, 2014 10:19 PM BST
Yep. We just don't keep one of those tools for removing security tags in the kitchen drawer
Report PBK September 17, 2014 10:19 PM BST
Fu ck me I'm so slow at typing Sad
Report Pandorica September 17, 2014 10:20 PM BST
Why is everyone so tetchy?
This should be such a happy thread. It's only a matter of time now.
Report Solano1 September 17, 2014 10:20 PM BST
Ultimately, as you get a bit older you'll realise (and I'll wash my mouth out later) that Liverpool and Utd fans have a lot more in common than by way of difference.

Correct, both just a set of ****.
Report ours4keeps September 17, 2014 10:21 PM BST
Tick tock pand
Report bbc2 September 17, 2014 10:21 PM BST
its that time in the month pandy
Report Solano1 September 17, 2014 10:22 PM BST
Careful PBK.

I'll come down to that pond you frequent and tip you out of ya wheelchair into the watta.
Report ours4keeps September 17, 2014 10:22 PM BST
Giggsy just seen at the chippy getting 14 bags of chips. Happy days are round the corner.
Report bbc2 September 17, 2014 10:23 PM BST
long may pardew reign
Report Pandorica September 17, 2014 10:23 PM BST
Indeed ours4 - tick tock
"Perchance he for whom this bell tolls may be so ill, as that he knows not it tolls for him"
Report Solano1 September 17, 2014 10:24 PM BST
Pete will be foaming when he gets back, O4K.
Report PBK September 17, 2014 10:24 PM BST
Not worried Sol I've got brakes and I'm a fat cu nt so doubt you can manage it Wink
Report Pandorica September 17, 2014 10:24 PM BST
I didn't know you were fat
Report bbc2 September 17, 2014 10:25 PM BST
methinks peter has encouraged verminLaugh
Report PBK September 17, 2014 10:26 PM BST
Yes Pand a fat wazzock !
Report bbc2 September 17, 2014 10:27 PM BST
lycra doesnt suit all pandy
Report Solano1 September 17, 2014 10:27 PM BST
DeSSie's siren almost went off there PBK.
Report PBK September 17, 2014 10:29 PM BST
Doesn't stop me wearing it Beeb or speedo's Shocked
Report peter the butcher September 17, 2014 10:31 PM BST
Sol, I made sure I was in the chippy before Giggsy so no worries there.

Only there because Wayne was in the kebab shop with Ando and Shaw
Report ours4keeps September 17, 2014 10:31 PM BST
Apt quote Pand. Would have been even more apt when the bus was getting sprayed Sunday evening.
Report Solano1 September 17, 2014 10:32 PM BST
Cheer up Pete.

You'll be able to deport Fletch tomorrow night.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now