Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
26 Dec 10 23:11
| Topic/replies: 38,942 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report Pandorica October 29, 2014 9:22 PM GMT
Profit seems to have increased Cool
Report peter the butcher October 29, 2014 9:24 PM GMT
Did you green up Pandy or keep your Newcastle bet?
Report Pandorica October 29, 2014 9:25 PM GMT
Greened up but unevenly so a Newcastle win is still a lot better
Report peter the butcher October 29, 2014 9:25 PM GMT
Good
Report peter the butcher October 29, 2014 9:26 PM GMT
At short odds its probably worth laying a bit more off
Report Pandorica October 29, 2014 9:26 PM GMT
I've set myself a stupid challenge on Twitter.
100 celebrity responses by Christmas. I just nailed Kristina Rihanoff Grin
Report Pandorica October 29, 2014 9:27 PM GMT
Done Pete. It doesn't matter how it finishes now.
Report peter the butcher October 29, 2014 9:27 PM GMT
Feels like you are just giving money away but I've been stung so often.
Report PBK October 29, 2014 9:28 PM GMT
Greened up on Spurs at half time for small profit and decent win on Newcastle Happy
Report PBK October 29, 2014 9:30 PM GMT
Got caught last night trying to cash out on Bournemouth game couldn't cash out before they scored after WBA equalised Sad
Report PBK October 29, 2014 9:32 PM GMT
A few bob could of been made on the Southampton game Sad
Report bbc2 October 29, 2014 9:35 PM GMT
newcastle breaking cities heartsGrinGrin
Report PBK October 29, 2014 9:37 PM GMT
The 4.7s gone for Man U this weekend Grin
Report peter the butcher October 29, 2014 9:38 PM GMT
Been off the pace today and haven't backed any of the decent odds on offer on the League Cup.
Report Pandorica October 29, 2014 9:46 PM GMT
I trust you'll join me in backing City for Sunday PtB.

1. It's coming too soon for us - they'll win
2. According to Chaos Theory, it might help us win
Report bbc2 October 29, 2014 9:47 PM GMT
methinks peters a wus
Report peter the butcher October 29, 2014 9:51 PM GMT
Can't bring myself to back against us Pandy. Besides you have done a great job in securing 19 and 20 for us so shouldn't change that winning formula.
Report Pandorica October 29, 2014 9:55 PM GMT
A Newcastle win and a tweet from Kristina - I'm looking for a hat-trick before bed.
Got anything in play?
Report peter the butcher October 29, 2014 9:56 PM GMT
Why would you want me to spoil your sense of self satisfaction just before you subject that poor bed to 6ft plus of lard?
Report Pandorica October 29, 2014 9:57 PM GMT
That's true. I think it was something similar led me to the Froch bet
Report peter the butcher October 29, 2014 10:01 PM GMT
Yep sadly Sad
Report Pandorica October 29, 2014 10:02 PM GMT
Maybe Aliona will come on Twitter
Report degsy42 October 29, 2014 10:02 PM GMT
just backed your mob against city on sunday at over 3/1.  theve gotta be deflated after that
Report Pandorica October 29, 2014 10:03 PM GMT
Toure turns up for about 6 games a season. Sunday will be one of them.
Report PBK October 29, 2014 10:04 PM GMT
self satisfaction

I always find a bit of self satisfaction rounds the day of nicely Wink
Report bbc2 October 29, 2014 10:10 PM GMT
tut masturbaiting againGrin
Report PBK October 29, 2014 10:11 PM GMT
theve gotta be deflated after that

Trouble is Degsy it doesn't take long to be re-inflated ask any Newcastle fan that could be City fans come Sunday Sad
Report peter the butcher October 29, 2014 10:11 PM GMT
Pardew asked how tonight's victory at City rates in his Newcastle career. The first thing he says is "Well we've obviously won at United"

He knows....Wink
Report Pandorica October 29, 2014 10:13 PM GMT
Did he add, "... but that was Moyes so it doesn't count"
Report PBK October 29, 2014 10:14 PM GMT
That Grin is a bit eerie it's like your dogging Plain
Report degsy42 October 29, 2014 10:15 PM GMT
utds price gotta shorten now , derby bounce back ability ,? its gonna be a cracker as frank would say
Report PBK October 29, 2014 10:20 PM GMT
Had a small punt for the weekend @ 4.3 City not looking good Happy
Report peter the butcher October 29, 2014 10:23 PM GMT
"But what we like most is kicking a blue" Devil

As Keegan might have said "would love it if we beat them"
Report Pandorica October 29, 2014 10:24 PM GMT
Making a concerted effort here to net Hayley McQueen before bed.
Report PBK October 29, 2014 10:25 PM GMT
What with those knee's Shocked
Report peter the butcher October 29, 2014 10:26 PM GMT
She's lovely is our Hayley Love
Report PBK October 29, 2014 10:26 PM GMT
You going to be able to waddle down to the Etihad Peter ?
Report Pandorica October 29, 2014 10:27 PM GMT
She announced the draw as being for the FA Cup and that Newcastle had beaten MUFC.
I was hoping to sneak in a quick celeb reply
Report PBK October 29, 2014 10:31 PM GMT
She's lovely is our Hayley Love

Looks like an old northern slapper, she's no Rachel Riley LoveLoveLove
Report Pandorica October 29, 2014 10:33 PM GMT
Ummm peter knows her mate. Steady.
And even if he didn't, steady.
Report peter the butcher October 29, 2014 10:34 PM GMT
You think I would miss the derby mate?
Report PBK October 29, 2014 10:35 PM GMT
Take it back don't want to lose my curry date.............but she's still no Rachel Riley LoveLoveLove
Report PBK October 29, 2014 10:40 PM GMT
Not a chance Wink Not quite the same but many years ago I had my wisdom teeth out, we had Sheffield Wednesday away. Had never been there and also my main interest at the time all the talk was how it would kick off there. Despite being told I wouldn't be able to go hitch hiked up there stitched up gums anti biotics in my pocket Excited After all that no epic battles Sad
Report peter the butcher October 29, 2014 10:42 PM GMT
I know Hayley's dad better and have seen Rachel watching United so yeh steady mate...
Report peter the butcher October 29, 2014 10:44 PM GMT
We've had some great fun at Wednesday.

Drew 4-4 with them once when Big Jim broke his leg. Kicking off all over the ground inside and outside. They were furious because we were in both ends...Grin
Report PBK October 29, 2014 10:45 PM GMT
That's the only fly in the ointment with Rachel she a Utd fan Sad TBH I must live in a cave don't know who Hayley is Crazy
Report peter the butcher October 29, 2014 10:49 PM GMT
Gordon McQueen's daughter
Report PBK October 29, 2014 10:49 PM GMT
Laugh Happy days mate we had more fun with their neighbours the game was moved to a Friday night to lessen the possibility of trouble Laugh
Report PBK October 29, 2014 11:12 PM GMT
It's that time catch you all tomorrow Wink
Report peter the butcher October 29, 2014 11:23 PM GMT
Cheers mate
Report olddesperado October 30, 2014 1:45 PM GMT
I see Bryan Robson has said we really missed the composure of Michael Carrick this season.

Has last season been erased from his memory or something ?
Report Pandorica October 30, 2014 2:05 PM GMT
Clearly the confusion with Scholes continues.
Report olddesperado October 30, 2014 2:11 PM GMT
Sad but not surprising to see Ferdinand struggling so bad at QPR.

We all knew he was finished last season , pity he didn't and go out gracefully.

Gary Neville showed more courage class and integrity by knowing his time was up and retiring rather than trying to squeeze another few quid for himself by hanging on in reserves and seeing out his contract.  Top man
Report olddesperado October 30, 2014 2:14 PM GMT
Can only think its a north east pals act pandy.
Report Pandorica October 30, 2014 3:23 PM GMT
We could give Carrick the benefit of the doubt. He was being managed by the worst manager in United's history. But I'm inclined to think MC will continue to collapse like a flan in a cupboard when put under pressure.
Report grumpyjim October 30, 2014 7:09 PM GMT
you have me chuckling at some crackers of sayings ..well done pandy  ....... lighter spotlight on the form ......
incidentally whats your take on my favourite  ....... VALENCIA ..???
Report Pandorica October 30, 2014 7:22 PM GMT
I'll have to concede Jim - "like a flan in a cupboard" comes from an Eddie Izzard stand-up routine.

If you want someone to knock the ball forward 4 yards, run after it and then whack it crossfield as hard as he can, smacking the first defender on the shin and getting a corner, then Valencia is your man.
Report peter the butcher October 30, 2014 7:23 PM GMT
Good evening
Report peter the butcher October 30, 2014 7:24 PM GMT
Alright Pandy and Jim
Report peter the butcher October 30, 2014 7:24 PM GMT
He meant the place in Spain, he's thinking of going for a weekend Pand.
Report peter the butcher October 30, 2014 7:26 PM GMT
Jim,

Have you sorted that thing out with Alan and am I still picking you up from the airport?
Report Pandorica October 30, 2014 7:28 PM GMT
Sounds like a collection of Outlaws.
Jim, Alan and Pete replace Douglas, Henry and Ginger.
Report peter the butcher October 30, 2014 7:32 PM GMT
Not long to go, can't wait. M.E.N already stirring it;

Derby day police on alert as United hooligans' football banning orders expire

It's understood that around half-a-dozen hardcore Reds, who have now completed football banning orders, are free to attend Sunday's match at the Etihad Stadium   

A huge police operation is gearing up for Sunday’s Manchester derby - with a handful of United hooligans set to come off football banning orders.

It is understood police are on alert for around half-a-dozen hardcore Reds who have now completed football banning orders, which prevented them attending any matches until now.

These fans will now be free to attend the game, which kicks off at 1.30pm, with around 2,400 United fans who have tickets for the match at City’s 47,000-capacity Etihad stadium.

Up to 400 police officers, including crack Tactical Aid Unit riot police, dog-handlers and mounted officers will be on hand during a huge security operation which begins on Sunday morning and continues until late into the night.

Officers will be on hand both in the city centre, around the ground and on Metrolink.

They will also be on the look-out for anyone who tries to launch a drone. A man was arrested after flying a remote-controlled aircraft over the East Stand during the game against Tottenham earlier this month.

An alcohol ban has been imposed around the ground for the game although officers have visited licensed premises, urging landlords to use plastic glasses and to beef up security for the game.

The police helicopter, India 99, will help with the policing operation along with traffic officers armed with ANPR cameras, which scan number plates to find rogue motorists or cars linked to crime.

Although police will be on the look-out for the United fans who have come off banning orders, it is understood officers have no intelligence that they or anyone else is intent on causing trouble at the game.

Superintendent Craig Thompson, who is in charge of policing on the day of the game, told the MEN: “We are well used to policing high-profile fixtures like this. I would urge fans to come to the game, enjoy the day and arrive well in time for the kick-off because of the building work going on around the ground.

“They will see plenty of police officers on the ground who are there to ensure their safety. If there is any trouble or disorder, we will deal with it robustly.”

Personally will be having a quiet drink at Mary's..
Report peter the butcher October 30, 2014 7:33 PM GMT
No connection to Pandy's last post..
Report Pandorica October 30, 2014 7:34 PM GMT
Half a dozen = a handful.
Does Anne Boleyn write for the Evening News now?
Report Pandorica October 30, 2014 7:36 PM GMT
"They will also be on the look-out for anyone who tries to launch a drone"

Does this include the commentary of Alan Green?
Report Pandorica October 30, 2014 7:37 PM GMT
"I would urge fans to come to the game"

That's never going to happen is it?
Report Pandorica October 30, 2014 7:40 PM GMT
This is a journalist who has peaked at the MEN. He/she is going no further.
Report PBK October 30, 2014 7:49 PM GMT
Evening all and good luck to the Manchester police, I wish them every success in keeping apart those rough northern types from partaking in fisticuffs, terrible terrible state of affairs IMO Laugh
Report Pandorica October 30, 2014 7:54 PM GMT
I think I'll be sat in the City quarters - so you lot had better not turn nasty
Report Pandorica October 30, 2014 7:56 PM GMT
That happened once at Birmingham. In with the Brummies, left at the end of the game and found ourselves being attacked by angry Mancs. Oh the irony.
Report PBK October 30, 2014 7:57 PM GMT
Don't jump up if Utd score..................no problems there Wink
Report PBK October 30, 2014 7:59 PM GMT
Joking aside this is probably the best time to take City on, it'll do Chelsea a favour if you win
Report Pandorica October 30, 2014 8:03 PM GMT
If we win, (big if), you might be ruing that come the end of the season as you're reeled in like...erm... perch.
Report PBK October 30, 2014 8:07 PM GMT
Think we'll spit the hook out no problem this year
Report PBK October 30, 2014 8:10 PM GMT
I hope Utd's performance wasn't a one off last week be a bit boring without any competition plus I'd like to get out of the £150 liability I have laying Chelsea for the title
Report grumpyjim October 30, 2014 8:14 PM GMT
BEEN ADVISED NOT TO GET INTO TROUBLE LEAVING THE ORIGINAL PLAN AS YOU HAVE TROUBLE GETTING ABOUT AND YOU MUST BE ON TIME  ...... THAT DAY AND NO VEERING OFF TO AIRPORT ......????? AND be late ???  SO THANKS FOR THE OFFER  ..... BUT TO SAVE A PUNCH -UP  WITH A.F.  WILL HEAD STRAIGHT TO THE MAIN COURSE ,,,,,,,,,,SPEAK SOON Hope this finds you better remember  Canny as you go   P.T.B.  ..... for another week ...? we will have a good time  anyway ...........>>>see the lightS at last ??
Report peter the butcher October 30, 2014 8:20 PM GMT
Ok cheers Jim. Its no bother for me in all honesty. Only 15 mins detour to the airport.

Offer still there until last minute. Just ring my mobile if you change your mind. My mobility will be fine by then thanks.
Report peter the butcher October 30, 2014 8:21 PM GMT
GMP getting their stories sorted before the event imo.
Report grumpyjim October 30, 2014 8:25 PM GMT
PANDY  .. WHAT YOU TELL ME IS  HE   FLATTERS TO DECIEVE ..   Think he has been found out  by the new boss ,    as he slides from the bench  ,, into oblivion ...???
never my favourite as rarely ..  turns it into anything Positive ..  the season starting  already  to take its toll on players and XMAS  EIGHT    WEEKS AWAY ... Always think not a lot of changes in the run in as the top 4-5   ,,... get fixed in before festivities  in December  .. still may bet Frankie for strictly .awaiting my team giving her their blessing ........
Report Pandorica October 30, 2014 8:44 PM GMT
I think the new boss is going to find everyone out Jim. Hiding places not an option.
As for Strictly, I had a little bet on Simon at 25+. Doesn't look like that's coming to anything so it might be a case of no serious bet at all  or waiting until the final and picking up the mood on the night. There are just too many samey types - Frankie, Pixie, Caroline - you can throw a blanket over them and God knows PBK has tried. Just don't see the value.
Report grumpyjim October 31, 2014 8:55 AM GMT
will wayne waltz straight back in  ,and f--k it up ....aye aye captain  ..........
judy m urray , has plenty supporters , or the luck of the scots ???  YES YES YES ...???..
FACT ANDY PLAYING WELL , RUBBING OFF ON HIS MUM ....?
PIXIE BEST TRAINED   . BUT FRANKIE EASY ON THE EYES AND VERY TIDY   ....GEAR ........
KEEP RESULTS ON LINE ..CHEERS .....PANDY ..... UTD HERE I COME, TWICE YEARLY VISIT .. NOV AND MARCH, Never seen them beat in 20 = YEARS , SO NEED AT LEAST A DRAW , AGAINST C,Palace  .........8TH NOV ...
Report peter the butcher October 31, 2014 1:18 PM GMT
Not long now Excited
Report peter the butcher October 31, 2014 1:18 PM GMT
"We're having a party on derby day"
Report Ozymandius October 31, 2014 1:43 PM GMT
Are you manning the Drone, Peter?
Report peter the butcher October 31, 2014 1:57 PM GMT
Lol, I could do with being transported there in one Ozy.

What sort of an era are we in when the authorities are now having to contend with drones?
Report Pandorica October 31, 2014 3:08 PM GMT
Interesting question. 'Second Elizabethan' doesn't trip off the tongue.
Report Pandorica October 31, 2014 3:20 PM GMT
Where do you buy a drone?
Report peter the butcher October 31, 2014 3:20 PM GMT
What?
Report Pandorica October 31, 2014 3:20 PM GMT
I said, "Where do you buy a drone?"
Report peter the butcher October 31, 2014 3:21 PM GMT
Sammy can get anything mate.
Report peter the butcher October 31, 2014 3:21 PM GMT
Do you want one? I say want, obviously you have to pay
Report Pandorica October 31, 2014 3:22 PM GMT
He couldn't get that bike I wanted
Report Pandorica October 31, 2014 3:22 PM GMT
I'd be useless. I can't fly one of those little helicopters
Report peter the butcher October 31, 2014 3:24 PM GMT
You mean a toy helicopter?

Not a little real one.
Report Pandorica October 31, 2014 3:25 PM GMT
Either.
Report Pandorica October 31, 2014 3:45 PM GMT
I think Jim is carrying a torch for Frankie.
Not in the, usher at the cinema sense.
Report the_don October 31, 2014 4:48 PM GMT
Sounds like Rooney to start on Sunday, replacing Mata maybe? No Falcao. :-(
Report degsy42 October 31, 2014 9:51 PM GMT
falcao must have pete the b's knees
Report bbc2 October 31, 2014 10:28 PM GMT
surprised falcao out thought it was a bruise
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now