Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 5 people viewing this thread.
27 Dec 10 00:11
| Topic/replies: 40,136 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report olddesperado December 21, 2014 11:13 PM GMT
pricella that is
Report luna bid December 21, 2014 11:13 PM GMT
correct peter my mistake but if she was good enough for Frank Drebin ?
Report luna bid December 21, 2014 11:16 PM GMT
Jenna Wade
Report Pandorica December 21, 2014 11:20 PM GMT
This is it beeb. You can slip in a 'non-delivery of parcel' complaint. But hurry.
Report peter the butcher December 21, 2014 11:23 PM GMT
LaughLaugh
Report olddesperado December 21, 2014 11:24 PM GMT
right darts over im off to bed before he does.
Night all
Report Pandorica December 21, 2014 11:26 PM GMT
He's nodded off. The gift horse came and waited but beeb had had his cocoa.
Report peter the butcher December 21, 2014 11:26 PM GMT
All the Dallas fans hovering in the background.

Expecting tick to appear soon although I suspect he hasn't been back to Dallas since the shooting.
Report Pandorica December 21, 2014 11:28 PM GMT
Laugh
Dolph will be wide awake too.
"It was the CIA what did it"
Report Pandorica December 21, 2014 11:31 PM GMT
http://youtu.be/VvRwRuHwyTU
Report peter the butcher December 21, 2014 11:32 PM GMT
With a link to support him.

Got to give him that, he's always got something to get you thinking.

I had Dolph down for an ex hoolie who's still banned and living in fear of another 4am knock on the door (not from Warren)

Changed my mind, reckon he's a researcher for Denis Skinner or somebody like that.
Report peter the butcher December 21, 2014 11:34 PM GMT
What name does she use to post on here?Laugh
Report Pandorica December 21, 2014 11:38 PM GMT
I wouldn't like the job of summing up today's posts if anyone asks.
Report luna bid December 21, 2014 11:41 PM GMT
diverse if nothing else
Report Pandorica December 21, 2014 11:43 PM GMT
IRA sympathiser Mandy Rice-Davies has private knee operation performed by well known suicidal osteopath, then wakes up to find fat Palace supporter has joined the navy and had tasteless tattoo.
Report Pandorica December 21, 2014 11:43 PM GMT
(Beeb decides Royal Mail service isn't too bad after all)
Report peter the butcher December 21, 2014 11:45 PM GMT
Maybe Jim will summarise when he comes on in the morning.
Report peter the butcher December 21, 2014 11:46 PM GMT
Lack of United matches is killing us
Report whosaidwhat December 21, 2014 11:49 PM GMT
Working class rabble savage innocent victim. Get your business cards ready for next year.Grin
Report Pandorica December 21, 2014 11:49 PM GMT
jim doesn't seem impressed by LVG
Report peter the butcher December 21, 2014 11:56 PM GMT
rabble savage? is that Robbie's new name?
Report Pandorica December 21, 2014 11:56 PM GMT
Who's the innocent victim?
Report peter the butcher December 21, 2014 11:58 PM GMT
Who?
Said?
What?
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 12:00 AM GMT
He's on first base
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys December 22, 2014 12:10 AM GMT
" We'll know when our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false "  alleged quote from William Casey former CIA Diector 1980's

" The CIA own everyone of any signifigance in the media " alleged quote from William Colby former CIA Director 1970's.

There you go ! Conclusive evidence that theyhad a scriptwriter working on Dallas Wink

As you were.
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 12:11 AM GMT
Am I missing something with the business cards?
Report whosaidwhat December 22, 2014 12:19 AM GMT
in lieu of passports
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 12:25 AM GMT
You are an odd one mate. You don't post too much on here but from what i do remember of your previous posts you obvioulsy follow the thread carefully as your posts are thought out and knowledgeable of current affairs Grin

You should post more often. Wasn't it you asking Dolph what fitba meant?

And I'm pretty sure you wanted Charlton to keep posting on here just for the entrtainemnet value???
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys December 22, 2014 1:41 AM GMT
This season has been a bit of a non event on the punting front so far for me. 2moro i'm hoping i've found a short but value one at Stoke.  Had a few quid on BTTS @21/20 with Chandler, similar on the exchange at the mo.

All but one of Chelseas 8 away games have seen both keepers beaten.  Stoke haven't kept a clean sheet in 10 & their last 4 home games btts has copped. Stoke always seem to be up for
the big clubs and have turned over citeh & arsenal whilst almost grabbing a draw at our gaff. I hardly ever play this market but evens or above looks decent on the stats Confused

p.s I'm hoping one of my all too many recent 2nds on the nags can do me favour in the 5.10. Some of you lot may be tempted just by it's name..Reality Show @11/2.

Out of town for a few days, back Boxing Day. Hope peace has broken out by then Love well sort of Mischief
Report grumpyjim December 22, 2014 4:05 AM GMT
caroline was 1/3  and simon 5/1 when it was suspended .. another second from me and Frankie touched fav before start . >> no change ?.. traded out almost bar a few coppers ...show dance was very very good worthy of the big  ....... sparkly ball !!   udlp beat 2-1 .. bad day at office ..............started 4/6 ???
Report bbc2 December 22, 2014 9:09 AM GMT
dont play on the phone in tv shows insider trading you cant beat them.
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 12:42 PM GMT
Afternoon all
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 12:42 PM GMT
Hope evrybody got a good nights sleep and feeling happy and refreshed.

Boxing day soon and the barcodes will be in town.
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 12:43 PM GMT
Dolp, will follow you on your Stoke/Chelsea bet. Good luck to us Grin
Report bbc2 December 22, 2014 12:45 PM GMT
need a christmas break this fred is getting challengingDevilsnipers to the left snipers to the rightLaugh
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 12:47 PM GMT
Would you want it any other way beeb? Devil

This is nowt mate, there have been times previously when its got really really bad.....
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 12:52 PM GMT
Brendan Rodgers is fast becoming my favourite non United manager to listen to in interviews.

The bloke has no shame in self promotion and is possibly the most deluded man I know. So much so its must watch tv. I reckon we should have an official Brendan day on here when people can post quotes, pics, stories etc about the "great" (in his mind) man.

This was one of his offerings last week;

Beating Bournemouth 3-1 in Capital Cup  “I know how it goes,” he said. “Six or seven months ago I was the manager of the year and I was going to be this and that, tactically this and tactically that, and now, because we have lost two world-class players, I am useless. Absolutely useless.

I must have just dreamt that about Liverpool playing 3-4-3 in the last game [the Capital One Cup victory at Bournemouth]. What do people think that was, a bit of luck? A British coach playing 3-4-3? A foreign coach doing that would be a tactical genius. I imagine people think I fell into that system through a stroke of luck or something. Not that I might have been awake into the early hours of the morning thinking of a solution to our problem"

LaughLaughLaugh
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 12:53 PM GMT
What system did he play at our spot?
Report bbc2 December 22, 2014 1:00 PM GMT
we were fantastic we should have won easily.united just had an unbelievable goal keeper we only lost 3-0Laugh
Report bbc2 December 22, 2014 1:01 PM GMT
alas his time is numbered jurgen the german is on his way.
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 2:03 PM GMT
Klinsman, Klopp, Melzer, Grobler?
Report Cork Langer December 22, 2014 2:29 PM GMT
Afternoon lads, more likely to be Jurgen Habermas, at a mere 85 and having been a philosopher all his life, they believe he will give them the needed edge to get back to the summit of English football and leave United and LVG in their shadow...!
Report Winner_Winner_Chicken_Diner December 22, 2014 2:30 PM GMT
It might get better with the fat waiter on his way back. He's wasted another 100 million and Napoli and is complaining he needs more to compete Crazy
Report OnePercenter December 22, 2014 3:08 PM GMT
Nothing wrong with arrogance if you can back it up.

The thing about managing a club as big as Manchester United, or Barca or Real Madrid is you have to be the dominant figure at the club. The manager has to keep the players who are on mega bucks and have massive egos in check. Moyes couldn't drop Falcao or RvP without the player getting stroppy. Fergie & LvG can.
Report nineiron December 22, 2014 3:52 PM GMT
Pete
Fav fancied 9.22 Nottingham

7/4 with pp
13/8 corralllsss
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 4:08 PM GMT
Cheers nineiron, will have a wee punt.
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 4:10 PM GMT
Lol Cork, he couldn't be worse than what they've been appointing.

Winner I honestly believe Raf will return to Liverpool, he's done everything he can to get back hasn't he? Would be brilliant although I do think he'd do well for them
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 4:16 PM GMT
Onepercenter,

Yep that's the point, not only was Moysie struggling to take control of the players but he was sending out mixed messages by backing down when he did try to clamp down and they were taking the mickey out of him. In his interviews he was as opposite to arrogant as you could get. The whole situation was just too big for the poor bloke.
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 4:49 PM GMT
While I think that's all true, they are just the symptoms of very deep underlying causes that made his failure an inevitability.
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 4:55 PM GMT
Get yer Brendan quotes sorted oot Pand, we ought to pick a BRENDAN DAY before this year is out Grin

His pics and quotes are stacking up and I reckon we should get them down in print for future reference. He makes Stevie Me look modest.
Report bbc2 December 22, 2014 5:03 PM GMT
klinsman
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 5:04 PM GMT
Like in Star Trek?
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 5:06 PM GMT
I miss most of the quotes a la Brenda. Just the sound of his voice and inflection bore me to tears.
Report the_don December 22, 2014 5:10 PM GMT
This must have been done already, but maybe someone could put up a mixture of Rogers' and David Brent's quotes and see if we can tell who said what.
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 5:11 PM GMT
Reality Show in this 5.10 at Wolverhampton is Dolphs tip btw
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 5:11 PM GMT
lol don that would be funny
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 5:31 PM GMT
How did the neddy get on?
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 5:34 PM GMT
Ah.
Found it.
We'll store that under one of Pete's tips, Dolph. He did the equivalent of retweeting it so it counts.
Report bbc2 December 22, 2014 5:37 PM GMT
hope you are all playing nicely
Report bbc2 December 22, 2014 5:37 PM GMT
hope you are all playing nicely
Report CheltenhamRoar December 22, 2014 5:42 PM GMT
Report Ozymandius December 22, 2014 6:30 PM GMT
regarding the Brendan Rodgers/ David Brent comments,,,you must all have seen this by now;

http://www.theguardian.com/football/quiz/2013/apr/02/brendan-rodgers-david-brent-quotes-quiz
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 6:38 PM GMT
Thanks Pandy, I take it the horse got beaten or are you helping me out?

Stupid question I know.
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 6:41 PM GMT
10th out of 12 I think.
Par in other words.
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 6:47 PM GMT
I have backed Dolphs second bet which is both Stoke and Chelsea to score so hopefully this is the one.Cool
Report robbierobot December 22, 2014 6:54 PM GMT
Bit of news lads before it breaks on sky sports. Clark Carlisle has tried killing himself today hes jumped in front of a truck on A64 hes alive but in a very bad waySurprised
Report robbierobot December 22, 2014 6:55 PM GMT
Bit of news lads before it breaks on sky sports. Clark Carlisle has tried killing himself today hes jumped in front of a truck on A64 hes alive but in a very bad waySurprised
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 6:57 PM GMT
Ummmmm
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 6:59 PM GMT
OK. Lip bitten. Rapid keyboard fingers stilled. Dark humour shelved.

He has attempted suicide before hasn't he? Certainly said that he suffered from depression.
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 7:05 PM GMT
Joe Cocker has died.
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 7:25 PM GMT
Sad
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 7:50 PM GMT
Deux messages Peter.
Oui!
Deux!
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 7:57 PM GMT
Uno respondo
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 7:58 PM GMT
How many languages do you speak Pand? Be honest...Grin
Report PBK December 22, 2014 8:03 PM GMT
Happy 0-1
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 8:06 PM GMT
Need the other team to score now and Dolph's bet is in, if they don't score and the bet is a loser its my tip I gather. Grin
Report PBK December 22, 2014 8:11 PM GMT
Baldfred 2/1 chelsea to win to nil small arb to be had Wink
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 8:25 PM GMT
I speak English Pete. This alone puts me in charge of the lingual masterclass on ChitChat.
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 8:28 PM GMT
For an anti-football geezer that Portugese chap does a half decent job.
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 8:29 PM GMT
Anyone wishing to forgive and forget the whole Moyes calamity should remember - that would be us now.
Report PBK December 22, 2014 8:40 PM GMT
I speak English Pete. This alone puts me in charge of the lingual masterclass on ChitChat.

Like Manuel from Fawlty Towers "I a speak English I learnt it from a boooooooooook"
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 8:42 PM GMT
'kin hell. An attack on the Christmas market in Nantes now.
I laughed when the foreign office listed France as a high risk holiday resort. I'm beginning to reconsider.
Report PBK December 22, 2014 8:45 PM GMT
It's the world over now Pandy Sad
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 8:48 PM GMT
The only long term solution is to stop teaching children about religion. Fck knows where or how you start.
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 8:49 PM GMT
Well actually you start at home by having zero tolerance of superstitious practices affecting  society as a whole
Grin
Report PBK December 22, 2014 8:51 PM GMT
A good place to start would be drumming it in to people "When your dead,your dead"!
Report bbc2 December 22, 2014 8:54 PM GMT
think you lot are treading on dangerous groundLaugh
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 8:55 PM GMT
Why? Will God punish us?
Report PBK December 22, 2014 8:56 PM GMT
It's nothing to lose your head over Beeb Scared
Report PBK December 22, 2014 8:57 PM GMT
Yep he'll confiscate your harp !!!!!!
Report peter the butcher December 22, 2014 8:59 PM GMT
What are the details of this attack?
Report PBK December 22, 2014 9:01 PM GMT
Van driven into shoppers Sad
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 9:02 PM GMT
I'm not being anti-Islamist - other than in the sense of it being a fcking ridiculous way to run your life.

Catholics, Hindus, Buddhists and the traditional jam sponge C of E brigade - makes no difference. As soon as you tell a child that it's OK to believe in something for which there's no evidence, then you have no control over where that child takes the notion. It might be to become a happy clappy sort on the local precinct or it might be to strap Semtex to his/her chest and blow themself up in a Skegness bus shelter. There is no way of knowing. Therefore don't take the first step. Teach the child how to think, not how to believe.
Report PBK December 22, 2014 9:04 PM GMT
Religion is for people who can't accept their own mortality
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 9:05 PM GMT
Some Arab kn0b shouting "God is great" and "I'm a white van man" piling a Peugeot into Christmas shgoppers.
Maybe there is a god. He got a Peugeot to start on a cold evening. That's a fcking miracle.
Report PBK December 22, 2014 9:06 PM GMT
If there is a God he doesn't like Glasgow two Christmas's in a row  Sad
Report Pandorica December 22, 2014 9:07 PM GMT
We really need a word about apostrophes and plurals PBK. I really try to block it out but I feel like punching the screen at times. Plain
Report PBK December 22, 2014 9:07 PM GMT
That's a classic Pandy or now I know what it means PMSL Laugh
Report PBK December 22, 2014 9:09 PM GMT
hAVE a word "?! can/t say i'll understand Sad
Report PBK December 22, 2014 9:13 PM GMT
Teach the child how to think, not how to believe.

I think Oz is a cu nt and I believe it to be true !
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now