Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 2 people viewing this thread.
27 Dec 10 00:11
| Topic/replies: 41,173 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report bbc2 March 2, 2015 7:47 PM GMT
i feel anger management has failed
Report bbc2 March 2, 2015 7:48 PM GMT
i feel anger management has failedSad
Report ufcdan March 2, 2015 7:51 PM GMT
To fail one would first have to participate !
Report bbc2 March 2, 2015 7:52 PM GMT
i can see a ban coming
Report peter the butcher March 2, 2015 7:54 PM GMT
Laugh
Report ufcdan March 2, 2015 7:56 PM GMT
Don't encourage him Pete Plain
Report peter the butcher March 2, 2015 8:00 PM GMT
You must be better balanced than that PBK, his knees were nearly as bad as mine.
Report ufcdan March 2, 2015 8:03 PM GMT
Yeah heard he was a doddery old g!t, but still retained his good looks Laugh
Report peter the butcher March 2, 2015 8:46 PM GMT
Grin
Report Pandorica March 2, 2015 9:20 PM GMT
Not really caught up yet - what's the PBK story?
Report bbc2 March 2, 2015 9:49 PM GMT
think pbk has expired gone no moreLaughbut we have another peter project half wit
think pbk has expired gone no moreLaughbut we have another peter project half wit
Report HonkyJoe March 2, 2015 9:52 PM GMT
Think it's your keyboard that's just expired, beeb!
Report bbc2 March 2, 2015 9:59 PM GMT
no its betfair
Report cruso March 2, 2015 11:10 PM GMT
Been reading the thread about how easier the old European Cup was.
Take Nottingham Forest`s two wins for example.

Liverpool    2-0 
Aek Athens   7-2
Grasshoppers 5-2
Koln         4-3
Malmo        1-0  ( Trevor Francis` european debut, played on wing, scored winner )

Oster        3-1
Arges Pitesti 4-1
Dynamo Berlin 3-2
Ajax         2-1
Hamburg      1-0

So,just five ties to win it.  Different competition altogether in those days.

One interesting fact..
Forest became the first club to win the trophy more times than their domestic division.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys March 2, 2015 11:17 PM GMT
Pandorica
02 Mar 15 21:20

Not really caught up yet - what's the PBK story?

Pand it's the predictable tale of young man who travels from overseas to London to seek his fortune & ends up making a name for himself on the mean streets of Chelsea.

The “Chelsea rent boys” song is rumored to have originated in the 1980s after newspapers reported that, in a dawn raid by police, a Chelsea hooligan was found in bed with a male prostitute (or “rent boy”).

Rival fans of Chelsea football club then adapted the Chelsea Headhunters (a notorious hooligan firm) threatening song “Chelsea aggro” to “Chelsea rent boys” and the song is still sometimes sung at matches. According to some Chelsea fans, it has even become more popular since the late 1990s.

PBK allegedly tried soliciting someone ere but the geezer took offence and he's serving a temporary ban. It's believed he's changed his name to Danielle, undergoing gender realignment & dossing on some 80's style wicker furniture in a Rochadale conservatory Plain
Report dr . atkins March 2, 2015 11:36 PM GMT
must to admit that doc lad looks a good looking chap in that photo
Report bbc2 March 3, 2015 9:22 AM GMT
the transformation from palace ultra to chelsea rent boy no one can believe itLaugh
Report ours4keeps March 3, 2015 11:32 AM GMT
My one contribution to the CL debate is that while the format was shorter thequalifying was more intense.

To reach the knockout stage nowadays you have to finish top 4, then finish in the top 2 of a group featuring international heavyweights such as Basle and Ludogorets. Piece of piss. Back then you had to win the League or the European Cup. Second place meant UEFA Cup. Draws weren't seeded to ensure an easy ride for the big boys. Pure luck of the draw as when Forest knocked us out in the first round.

From then the knockout format is the same and while the big teams are stronger and better at hoovering up talent to maintain a 25 man squad back then the playing field was much more level with quality players spread throughout Europe. St Etienne, Gladbach and Aberdeen are relative nobodies now but back then they were elite teams who regularly had the beating of English, Spanish and Italian counterparts.

While no consecutive winner is interesting I'd be interested to see the number of semi finalists over the same period.
Report tickerty boo March 3, 2015 2:12 PM GMT
Anybody fancy driving to Newcastle?Plain
All free of course.Grin
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 2:47 PM GMT
Afternoon tick
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 2:48 PM GMT
Take it you aren't sorted for tomorrow yet?
Report tickerty boo March 3, 2015 2:59 PM GMT
No 1 lad going to work instead now,down to 5.
Report tickerty boo March 3, 2015 3:00 PM GMT
Should of sorted it sooner tbh,just desperate to give sol a visitLaugh
Report bbc2 March 3, 2015 3:02 PM GMT
i have a get out of jail free card
Report tickerty boo March 3, 2015 3:03 PM GMT
Go on thenLaugh
Report tickerty boo March 3, 2015 3:04 PM GMT
Not the corsa
Report bbc2 March 3, 2015 3:05 PM GMT
dont like sausage rollsHappy
Report bbc2 March 3, 2015 3:09 PM GMT
cant you fly up
Report tickerty boo March 3, 2015 3:15 PM GMT
Did have a look,no good.
Report tickerty boo March 3, 2015 3:16 PM GMT
Can't believe not a decent train home.Cry
Report bbc2 March 3, 2015 3:17 PM GMT
taxi
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 3:30 PM GMT
bet it would cost you no more than £50 each to take five of you home in a taxi from Newcastle. Might even get that as a return from here if you can find somebody happy to stop in Newcastle or better still get him a ticket for the match.
Report tickerty boo March 3, 2015 3:32 PM GMT
Pete,I know just the man,never thought of taxi.Crazy
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 3:34 PM GMT
Not Pete bol***? If so I think he takes a minibus to matches nowadays
Report tickerty boo March 3, 2015 3:54 PM GMT
No,tricky Trevor.Laugh
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 4:13 PM GMT
Let me know how you get on
Report tickerty boo March 3, 2015 4:18 PM GMT
Regular in the old meeting place....the drum.
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 4:28 PM GMT
Yep, the Bish has taken over now although I rarely go. Its where Bucket likes everybody to meet up otherwise i wouldn't go at all. Full of tourists on match day
Report donny osmond March 3, 2015 5:18 PM GMT
still tickets on sale
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 6:57 PM GMT
Really donny?
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 6:58 PM GMT
That's a poor show, they could have given us an extra 3000 or so.

FCB losing his touch
Report donny osmond March 3, 2015 7:02 PM GMT
42 quid cheapest, lots of teams get cheap tickets for their fans which allows ashley to reduce price for home fans

this is based on charge made for our fans at reverse fixture

ashley wants away fans in premier league for £20 then he can sell
off remainder of home tickets at that price
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 7:07 PM GMT
Our tickets are £44 although United take off £4 for our away matches. This money comes from the Premier League who give clubs a lump sum to spend on their fans how they see fit. Pretty good of United but its the only decent gesture they have made imo.

I presume the fat one uses the money to knock off 20% on all Sports Direct merchandise...
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 7:08 PM GMT
£44 for your spot tomorrow I mean
Report donny osmond March 3, 2015 7:31 PM GMT
i think he is pricing to fill ground, you see loads of one off fans, and they probably
do 50-60 quid in club shop, so he gets it back

anyway, i dont think your lot are as bad as reported

man utd, and liverpool been flying under the radar

looking forward to seeing di maria,
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 7:35 PM GMT
Hope he plays better than of late Sad
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 7:36 PM GMT
Ashley Young will be the biggest danger to you
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 7:37 PM GMT
Had a decent bet on Southampton and Boro in a double tonight. You fancy owt donny?
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys March 3, 2015 7:43 PM GMT
The stats scream under 2.5 at Villa v WBA... but @2.9 i couldn't resist a little on the overs Blush
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 7:44 PM GMT
Good luck Dolph.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys March 3, 2015 7:46 PM GMT
Ta.
Report bbc2 March 3, 2015 9:24 PM GMT
looking good ptbGrin
Report bbc2 March 3, 2015 9:36 PM GMT
lucky dolphGrin
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys March 3, 2015 9:39 PM GMT
Better to be lucky than good Cool Backed over 1.5 2mins before the equalizer as well Tongue Out
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 9:41 PM GMT
Yep well done Dolph.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys March 3, 2015 9:44 PM GMT
And you pedro. All the best 2mora...
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 9:56 PM GMT
Thanks, looking forward to it and then a bit of a break with the travelling until the trip up the East Lancs....
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 10:05 PM GMT
tick

Sent you a message
Report ufcdan March 3, 2015 10:25 PM GMT
PBK allegedly tried soliciting someone ere but the geezer took offence and he's serving a temporary ban. It's believed he's changed his name to Danielle, undergoing gender realignment & dossing on some 80's style wicker furniture in a Rochadale conservatoryPlain

Laugh
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 10:32 PM GMT
Its a cracker that one dan Laugh
Report ufcdan March 3, 2015 10:34 PM GMT
Northern hospitality, real wicker and a conservatory it doesn't get better than that Excited
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 10:36 PM GMT
When he says conservatory....
Report ufcdan March 3, 2015 10:38 PM GMT
I know outside sh!t house Sad
Report peter the butcher March 3, 2015 10:42 PM GMT
Its big enough for two though.
Report grumpyjim March 3, 2015 10:59 PM GMT
another pal  ... PTB ...  best ever out of Scotland ..Dave Mackay    R.I.P. ..Glad we made it last year  ex -boss and alan heading to Edinburgh to represent the lads ...BE NEXT WEEK  ...  SADLY MISSED BY US ALL  ...
Report grumpyjim March 3, 2015 11:15 PM GMT
NEEDY 3 POINT'S Required as a must to -morrow again ,  or  a drop is imminent   ......
Report bbc2 March 4, 2015 9:06 AM GMT
dan dan the lavatory man
Report OnePercenter March 4, 2015 9:58 AM GMT
Tonight's game is a must win.

Hilarious that LvG pays £60m for a Real Madrid player then 6 months later says he needs a year to get used to the premier league.

What he actually means is it will take di Maria 12 months to forget how he was man of the match in Real's Champions league final and learn how to play the LvG way, in a pisspoor midfield.
Report peter the butcher March 4, 2015 10:38 AM GMT
Morning all
Report peter the butcher March 4, 2015 10:42 AM GMT
Sad day for the Mackay family Jim and as you say he was a great player. Lovely family too and I am also pleased we made it last year, his daughter was plying my lad with wine because he couldn't afford his own. R.I.P Dave Mackay.
Report grumpyjim March 4, 2015 2:49 PM GMT
no wonder alan had tears in his eyes in November ptb    HAD GREAT TMES Ovcer 25 plus years at utd games ..always story time  ....decs in for first day ..so only 2 n/ runners thankfully in same lines  ..no  real  harm done  ....
Report donny osmond March 4, 2015 5:23 PM GMT
missed your post ptb, well done on your win last night

CoolCool
Report ufcdan March 4, 2015 6:34 PM GMT
dan dan the lavatory man

and here I was thinking Pandy and Dolph were the intellectual ones on here...............well done Beeb your a star Grin
Report dr . atkins March 4, 2015 7:06 PM GMT
see that pushkin99 bloke went over the top last night with a post hope it was nothing i said on the forum to upset himGrin
Report bbc2 March 4, 2015 7:07 PM GMT
what do you call 2 rentboys
Report grumpyjim March 4, 2015 7:10 PM GMT
4-5-1- ???
Report Balb0wa73 March 4, 2015 7:11 PM GMT
1 striker, rooney , ridiculous, i wish van gal would go.
Report bbc2 March 4, 2015 7:22 PM GMT
0-0
Report ufcdan March 4, 2015 8:02 PM GMT
I hope so too Doc I worry about his mental stability............maybe the price of cucumbers is going up Cool
Report Charlton2005 March 4, 2015 8:31 PM GMT
utd last 6 aways reads quite dismally. lost to swans, couldnt beat cambridge, but did manage to top yoevil, preston and qpr

2.1 price is a hangover from the last 25 years. lay all evening players.
Report fozwald March 4, 2015 8:36 PM GMT
Shocking. Newcastle are there for the taking yet we've had 1 attempt on target.

Newcastle were robbed on the penalty. Evans definitely spat at Cisse and commentators also saying Cisse spat at Evans. Dirty barstewards.

Newcastle only look like scoring when Di Maria gives the ball away. 3 times now they've nearly caught us on the break from a wayward Di Maria pass.
Report fozwald March 4, 2015 8:43 PM GMT
69% possession and 1 attempt on target. Imagine the grief Falcao would be getting if he'd ****** up the 2 chances Rooney's had.

Rooney will no doubt come up with a tap in or penalty and become immune from criticism again.
Report grumpyjim March 4, 2015 8:47 PM GMT
still no joy with LVG  team selection ..Giggs looks disinterested . Not allowed of his seat ?? newc   , penalty looked a good shout every time the replay came up . Still all to play for fancy a couple in second half to save the BACON ... // ..Rooney for one at least  .can Valencia ever beat a man ..its part of going forward !!!
Report Charlton2005 March 4, 2015 9:10 PM GMT
laid some more at 3. good night champs league
Report Charlton2005 March 4, 2015 9:29 PM GMT
boom, traded out at 8, thx

and dont worry, pandy says you'll win the title next year and he seems to know his stuff

LaughLaughLaugh
Report fozwald March 4, 2015 9:41 PM GMT
Very lucky.

Would have been a different result had Newcastle been given their cert penalty in the 1st half.

We'll get pummeled at Anfield.
Report bbc2 March 4, 2015 9:44 PM GMT
united fluke itLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Pandorica March 4, 2015 9:44 PM GMT
3 year job takes 3 years.
Might have mentioned it.
Report fozwald March 4, 2015 9:46 PM GMT
2 defeats in the last 22 matches. How? Laugh
Report Pandorica March 4, 2015 9:47 PM GMT
Best comment of the night.
Gary Neville's tweet:

Gary Neville ‏@GNev2  14 mins14 minutes ago View translation
Hahahhahahahahahhahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahhhhahhahhahhhahhahhhahhaaaahaa!!!! Get in!
Report themover March 4, 2015 9:47 PM GMT
well I'm fooked...how on earth did they win that? Laugh
Report fozwald March 4, 2015 9:51 PM GMT
Rojo was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow late on as well. That sub was still weird though. Carrick for Rojo with Falcao on the bench?

Absolutely zero chance of us forking out for Falcao now.
Report bbc2 March 4, 2015 9:52 PM GMT
young scores again
Report themover March 4, 2015 9:54 PM GMT

Mar 4, 2015 -- 3:52PM, bbc2 wrote:

young scores again

Laugh

Report grumpyjim March 4, 2015 10:38 PM GMT
must -win   did -win   still slackness at back  4-5-1  ..  nearly knocked it off .. difficult for LVG  .. finds himself in land of plenty for 3 years after a great world cup run  3-5 -2  if he gets it playing properly  and confidently will be much better next  year with another 150 million to boot .. 3 ball playing confident for defence and be a good match for most teams and he will be much wiser in the land of plenty ...Big signings are on way out you would think ??but wont count on that as he seems not too bother as long as someone pops head above the parapet to win the game ...???only short of a few points to match  .... Chelsea   ...and we can easily count where they were lost in fray early doors ??
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now