Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
27 Dec 10 00:11
| Topic/replies: 6,555 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report themover January 16, 2018 6:05 PM GMT
I'm assuming United will be out of the chase for Griezmann now, but expect Real or Barca might have something to say there
Report Can't Catch Me January 16, 2018 6:07 PM GMT
Who mentioned a gentleman's agreement duffy?

I meant an agreement in place re price... When that went up they walked away. Its called business.
Report anxious January 16, 2018 6:08 PM GMT
ha ha the scousers still fawning and defending their soul mates from wastelands
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys January 16, 2018 6:08 PM GMT
STATSMAN
16 Jan 18 17:50

What changed the Man City's stance was the fact that Jesus's injury isn't as bad as was first expected and should be fit in 2/3 weeks rather than be out for the rest of the season.
They don't need Sanchez now, that is why they're unwilling to stump up the transfer fee.

Yeah Jesus was supposed to be out for a few months.. Ped sends him to his doctors in Barcelona & all of sudden he's made a recovery nearly as impressive as his namesake the Nazareth one a few Easters ago.  Surprised he didn't make the bench at Anfield tbh.
Report themover January 16, 2018 6:10 PM GMT
City never matched Arenal's asking price so didn't matter what Sanchez's personal terms were, although they could reasonably have expected them to have been the same as last summer I would have thought.
Report Can't Catch Me January 16, 2018 6:11 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Can't Catch Me January 16, 2018 6:11 PM GMT
To Dolph btw.
Report STATSMAN January 16, 2018 6:12 PM GMT
Grin

It may have been FERNANDINHO and not Jesus
Report themover January 16, 2018 6:16 PM GMT
If the BBC are correct (could be a first Laugh), Dortmund haven't received a bid from Arsenal for Aubameyang, Mkhitarian doesn't want to go to Arsenal, and Arsenal won't sell Sanchez without a replacement...it's like last summer all over again Laugh
Report peter the butcher January 16, 2018 6:54 PM GMT
You keep on hoping mover.

You want him when there is still a chance but you don’t want him when it appears he’s going elsewhere.

Fair enough, I have no idea where he will end up but without doubt he’d make United much stronger. And City, and Liverpool, and Spurs etc

If United don’t get him that’s fine. They tried and that’s the main thing.  We won’t pretend we didn’t want him etc.

I was convinced it was a done deal with City, as were you. And City, and Pep.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 16, 2018 7:15 PM GMT
Not sure he'd improve us but I thiink it could be a new dynasty for u alexis  carrington and all that
Report rommel January 16, 2018 7:23 PM GMT
face it sanchez must have seen those empty seats last night at choker and thought "these f****** aint going anywhere"
Report DeSSieReborn January 16, 2018 7:39 PM GMT
Listening to The Honourable Gentlemen Carragher and Shearer you'd think it was MUFC who tapped up Sanchez, ruined his and Arsenals season so far, and that City were innocent and being done over. What a fcuking joke!!!
Report peter the butcher January 16, 2018 7:43 PM GMT
Only Messi would improve Liverpool RP. We understand

Joan Collins who played Alexis Carrington wasn’t even close to drawing her pension the last time you won the league but this is your year. If not, it will be next year.
Report DeSSieReborn January 16, 2018 7:47 PM GMT
rommel a bit of a cheap shot coming from the team with only the sixth highest capacity in the EPL? Could you get 75,000 in on a freezing night with the match televised? Could you fcuk, unless it was against MUFC and you gave us 20,000 tickets LaughLaughLaugh
Report DeSSieReborn January 16, 2018 7:50 PM GMT
You scousers need to calm down your blood pressures must be shot after nearly chucking that win over MCFC. You've got an easy run in now so relax, the title is as good as yours.
Report rommel January 16, 2018 7:52 PM GMT

Jan 16, 2018 -- 1:47PM, DeSSieReborn wrote:

rommel a bit of a cheap shot coming from the team with only the sixth highest capacity in the EPL? Could you get 75,000 in on a freezing night with the match televised? Could you fcuk, unless it was against MUFC and you gave us 20,000 tickets

wounding dess wounding

Report rommel January 16, 2018 8:00 PM GMT

Jan 16, 2018 -- 1:43PM, peter the butcher wrote:

Only Messi would improve Liverpool RP. We understandJoan Collins who played Alexis Carrington wasn’t even close to drawing her pension the last time you won the league but this is your year. If not, it will be next year.

pete just say 28 ffs,dont drag any ole slapper into it

Report peter the butcher January 16, 2018 8:02 PM GMT
There is a link there rom
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 16, 2018 8:04 PM GMT
It's crystal pete
Report peter the butcher January 16, 2018 8:14 PM GMT
Crystal Meth?
Report anxious January 16, 2018 8:27 PM GMT
Is Jose JR ?
Report ufcdan January 16, 2018 8:38 PM GMT
No he's a horses ar$e !
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 16, 2018 8:39 PM GMT
It's a story about the riches of oil rigs
Report anxious January 16, 2018 8:43 PM GMT
Hey dan go and fawn over Andeeh Carrol
Report anxious January 16, 2018 8:47 PM GMT
Very good RP , Oil rigs it was
Report ufcdan January 16, 2018 8:51 PM GMT
I give up anx if that useless pr@t dons a blue shirt
Report anxious January 16, 2018 8:59 PM GMT
Its going to happen dan , howay the lads
Report ufcdan January 16, 2018 9:02 PM GMT
Goes from bad to worse, thought we'd be pipping you lot. Been laying us so the curry fund is pretty healthy. Started laying us for top four Sad
Report anxious January 16, 2018 9:11 PM GMT
Is Conte in charge of these transfers ?
Report rommel January 16, 2018 9:20 PM GMT
wouldnt surprise me one bit if this was all a big trick by pep,make jose look a reet fcn chumperooney
Report anxious January 16, 2018 9:25 PM GMT
Report anxious January 16, 2018 9:26 PM GMT
Rimmer are you  still longing for pep and his bald crown
Report rommel January 16, 2018 9:46 PM GMT
anx you know that glass thing on the wall do you see yourself in it?its called a mirror
Report bigH January 16, 2018 9:53 PM GMT
apologies if I missed this but did bbc2 (the forumite) ever resurface on here?

went from 100 posts a day to nothing
Report peter the butcher January 16, 2018 9:59 PM GMT
He hasn’t posted on here for a long time bigh. Hope the old boy is ok.

Last we heard he was going on a blind date after registering on a dating website. Seriously
Report anxious January 16, 2018 10:09 PM GMT
Beeb was very funny actually , he used to come on with latest news , perhaps thats why he used the name bbc 2
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys January 16, 2018 10:26 PM GMT
Beeb was quality. Like a little mosquito irritating the fook out the ABU's. Hope he's alright.
Report degsy42 January 16, 2018 11:14 PM GMT
shacked up with a scouser off tinder , follows liverpool all round the country now
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys January 16, 2018 11:16 PM GMT
Kin 'el. Lads ... Cardiff went through tonight in the Cup, which means it's Warnock v Ped in the next round Excited

What price a ticket behind the dug-out Mischief
Report rommel January 16, 2018 11:29 PM GMT
beeb married a little philippino lady called ralph
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys January 16, 2018 11:36 PM GMT
If that's the case rom, good luck to him... probably having more fun than us tonight.
Report rommel January 16, 2018 11:40 PM GMT
aint that the truth
Report themover January 17, 2018 3:15 AM GMT

Jan 16, 2018 -- 12:54PM, peter the butcher wrote:

You keep on hoping mover.You want him when there is still a chance but you don’t want him when it appears he’s going elsewhere.Fair enough, I have no idea where he will end up but without doubt he’d make United much stronger. And City, and Liverpool, and Spurs etcIf United don’t get him that’s fine. They tried and that’s the main thing.  We won’t pretend we didn’t want him etc.I was convinced it was a done deal with City, as were you. And City, and Pep.

It was more than a chance he'd join City, as far as everyone knew it was job done. He'd always said he wanted to join City, City wanted him, transfer price was agreed, personal terms were agreed (last summer) he was ready to sign in Chile on deadline day. Then Arsenal fail to get their replacement, deal off. I said at the time I hope City don't give a single penny to Arsenal, as it turns out they aren't Cool Nobody is pretending they didn't want him as far as I know, some are just saying we ain't paying it. If Sanchez joins United you'll do well to justify he always wanted to join United because as I see it he doesn't give two sh1ts where he plays as long as he's paid enough.

Report themover January 17, 2018 3:31 AM GMT
City also have KDB, Kun, Sterling, Sane all coming up for new deals, whacking Sanchez in on £350k, at £100k a week more than any current City player, would effect all those negotiations. Is there any of them not worth the same, or more, a week than Sanchez? Debatable.
Report peter the butcher January 17, 2018 5:01 PM GMT
If Mourinho signed an extension to his contract it would be a bigger for United than any player we could sign.
Report peter the butcher January 17, 2018 5:18 PM GMT
Mover, clubs only look at the total package. Sanchez could cost both United and City 100m all in for a 3-4 year contract. The salary can be dressed up in any way they want to avoid other players moaning. Ie huge signing on fee and standard salary.

City and United can dress it up whichever way they want, both want Sanchez, albeit they are looking to sign him under different packages.

Chelsea have been a bit more cute. They not willing to confirm their interest in case they don’t get him. Plenty of time to tell the world he was always a target if they do get him though.
Report peter the butcher January 17, 2018 5:22 PM GMT
It’s understood United just want to do a straight swap of Mikhy for Sanchez which would be very good fir both clubs.

Personally I wouldn’t mind us keeping Mikhy if I knew he would reproduce the form we know he’s capable of.

In that case Sanchez would cost 35m

This Sanchez move has all the feelings of a huge twist doesn’t it?

Nobody can call it surely?
Report peter the butcher January 17, 2018 5:27 PM GMT
Liverpool’s Jon Flanagan in court today

Liverpool footballer Jon Flanagan has faced the condemnation of his club after he was sentenced for assaulting his girlfriend.

The 25-year-old was ordered to carry out 40 hours of unpaid work and serve a 12-month community order by magistrates in the city after he pleaded guilty to common assault by beating of Rachael Wall.

The court heard that he kicked his partner in an attack in Duke Street in Liverpool city centre at around 3.20am on Friday December 22.

After the hearing Liverpool FC said an 'internal process would begin to decide on any disciplinary action'.

“We condemn, in the strongest possible terms, the player’s actions during the events that took place resulting in this criminal conviction.

It leaves his own reputation damaged and, through association, he has severely let down the club he had previously represented with distinction.

We have expressed to him our disappointment and anger that he has failed to live up to the values of Liverpool Football Club, in this specific instance.

The club has allowed the legal formalities to reach a conclusion before deciding on or implementing any internal disciplinary action. That internal process will now begin.”

Passing sentence, District Judge Wendy Lloyd told the player: "You are, of course, a young man of previous good character and therefore it's undoubtedly sad that you have brought yourself here by your behaviour."

But she added attack was not just a single act.

"It was a matter of this lady going to the floor twice and you used your foot on her on one occasion," she said.

She added: "The lady was seen to have injuries but of course she said she does not attribute those injuries to you."

The court was shown CCTV of the incident, taken from outside the Il Forno restaurant, which showed Flanagan hitting Ms Wall before pushing her against a wall twice and then kicking her.

Alan Currums, prosecuting, said a witness had seen the incident from his flat.

He said: "The witness stated he had seen the male throw the female against the wall and then kick her while she was on the floor."

He said the man saw Flanagan place one hand on his partner's neck and one on her throat before he "slammed her against the wall".

The witness said he shouted from his balcony to Flanagan that he was "out of order" and the footballer replied: "Shut the f**k up dickhead, I'll come and knock you out."

Lionel Greig, mitigating, said the incident was short but unpleasant.

He said Flanagan was not proud of what had happened and had not enjoyed the "negative press intrusion" following it.

He said: "He deeply regrets his behaviour and there is genuine remorse."

Mr Greig said both parties were under the influence of alcohol at the time and there was no suggestion there had been any previous violence in the relationship.

He said: "They are back together and working very hard at the relationship and supporting one another."Eve Thomas, a campaigner behind Eve's Law, which aims to protect victims of domestic violence being found by violent partners, described the sentence as 'shoddy'.

His feet should be kicking footballs NOT his partner. Another shoddy sentence for yet another footballer.

The Liverpool-born player has made more than 50 first-team appearances for Liverpool since making his debut at the age of 18.

He spent the 2016-17 season on loan at Burnley after 20 months out due to injury and has featured only once in the first team this season as the Anfield club were knocked out of the League Cup by Leicester City.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 17, 2018 5:38 PM GMT
I'm in agreement Pete hope he extendsvhis contract
Report peter the butcher January 17, 2018 6:10 PM GMT
Said with bravado RP. We both know he’ll win far more than Klopp.

He’s been here a season less and has already won two more trophies than Pep and Klopp.

I accept it’s all about winning the league though.
Report peter the butcher January 17, 2018 6:22 PM GMT
Sanchez decision likely to be made/announced tomorrow. United have budgeted a total of 100m which would include any transfer fee plus his salary over four and a half years. Obviously would be way cheaper if Mikhy was part of swap deal.

United saying they don’t know if City or Chelsea still trying behind the scenes so aren’t counting any chickens.

Exocet the unexpected.
Report rommel January 17, 2018 6:28 PM GMT
really do think the sanchez deal is beginning to stink,whether you get him or not
Report rommel January 17, 2018 6:29 PM GMT
2 more trophies than pep/klopp,its the way you tell em pete
Report peter the butcher January 17, 2018 6:39 PM GMT
Don’t want to judge United against how City or Liverpool are doing but I think it’s worthwhile reminding our neighbours every now and then rom.

For all the high esteem they hold their managers in, and the low esteem they hold Mourinho in, they still haven’t won a trophy between Messrs Pep and Klopp.

I know they are on the cusp of something special, and have both played football like it’s never been seen in this country before but a trophy, any trophy wouldn’t go amiss.

Meanwhile in Mourinho’s world.....
Report rommel January 17, 2018 7:36 PM GMT
peter the butcher • January 17, 2018 7:04 PM GMT
Stevie G? The same bloke who twice tried to leave for Chelsea but only threats from fans stopped him.,pete do you really believe thi s sh**?
Report peter the butcher January 17, 2018 7:43 PM GMT
Gerrard himself has confirmed it a few times
Report rommel January 17, 2018 7:44 PM GMT
i bet,peteworld gets bigger
Report degsy42 January 17, 2018 7:45 PM GMT
this sanchez deal stinks to high heaven , highest bidder wins ,  not a great start to kissing the badge
Report peter the butcher January 17, 2018 7:47 PM GMT
Rom, I know you like to rewrite history but in Gerard’s case this was the statement put out the first time:

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard now looks certain to leave Anfield after rejecting an improved £100,000-a-week new contract offer and admitting he wants to leave the club.

Having rejected a £32m bid from Chelsea for their captain earlier today, Liverpool were forced to admit defeat after Gerrard's agent, Struan Marshall, informed them of his decision to reject an improved four-year deal.

A Liverpool statement said: "The club has made it crystal clear we want to keep Steven at Anfield. Sadly, he has told us this afternoon that he will not accept our offer of an improved and extended contract because he wants to leave Liverpool.

"We very much regret the decision he has taken."

Chief executive Rick Parry added: "We desperately want to keep Stevie and we've told him we don't want him to leave. However, in rejecting our offer of a new contract he has indicated he wants to go."
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys January 17, 2018 8:03 PM GMT
degsy42
17 Jan 18 19:45

this sanchez deal stinks to high heaven , highest bidder wins ,  not a great start to kissing the badge

Usually the way any transfer, sale or tender happens in any business.

Perhaps you mean it stinks because you're part of the huge majority of sheep that requires any narrative that may favour a certain club, be turned into a negative to suit you're own cognitive bias.

As for kissing the badge, i'd have it written into any players contract that it's gross misconduct.
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:10 PM GMT
Remember Rooney kissing the Utd badge against Everton and now they sing his name !!!!
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys January 17, 2018 8:12 PM GMT
Wazza kissed worse tbf....
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:15 PM GMT
Nothing wrong with the odd granny  dolph
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:16 PM GMT
Mind you, you'd have to be pretty odd wanting jug ears bouncing up and down on you !
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:17 PM GMT
You watching House of Saud dolph ?
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys January 17, 2018 8:20 PM GMT
No mate watching The House of Pain.... chel v norwich

Should i mate... any startling revelations ?
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 17, 2018 8:22 PM GMT
I trust we'll see no more whingeing about how City's spending power has made it so tewwibly, tewwibly unfair from now on, nor talk of buying the league etc etc.

Good signing for Utd though I reckon. Finally an attacking player who would possibly get in a rival's side. May have implications with renewals and signings further down the road but Utd are stinking loaded so it's not exactly a problem. More money for players and agents rather than the Glazers so y'know.
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:23 PM GMT
For gullible me yes for cynical you NO..............surprise surprise our MP's bent as fxxk !
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:24 PM GMT
No wonder they don't want to rock the boat with Saudi Arabia
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:24 PM GMT
House of pain funny but very true
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys January 17, 2018 8:27 PM GMT
I'll give it a swerve then. Gotta remember politicians for the most part are just tiny expendable pawns in the game.
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:31 PM GMT
Keep chipping away dolph. I think I'm starting to come round to your way of thinking !
Report tickerty boo January 17, 2018 8:31 PM GMT
I've  been watching it dan.....the sums of money are incredible.Shocked
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:33 PM GMT
Yeah I wouldn't mind being 50p behind them tick !
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:34 PM GMT
Wish they'd come and buy us rather than watching this sh1t under our Russian pauper !
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:35 PM GMT
Need a bit of service charge money !!!!!
Report tickerty boo January 17, 2018 8:37 PM GMT
You are going to get a right tanking at old Trafford danLaugh
Report tickerty boo January 17, 2018 8:38 PM GMT
Conte might get one too.
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:38 PM GMT
Yeah yeah..........you've done the easy bit. You've told us about it
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys January 17, 2018 8:40 PM GMT
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:40 PM GMT
We're OK against the big clubs. It's the sh1t clubs we struggle against...................oh yeah you could be right !
Report tickerty boo January 17, 2018 8:41 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:42 PM GMT
My smileys fxxking up. Good one dolph
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:42 PM GMT
Conte would fxxk Jose up
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys January 17, 2018 8:43 PM GMT
Mine av been dodgy... think rommel has used em all up the loon.
Report degsy42 January 17, 2018 8:44 PM GMT
baa baa , the fecking sheep is baa ing , obscene amounts of dosh in the game is ruining it for me , refuse to pay 40 odd quid a ticket prefer non league or lower leagues or the park on a sunday. stick your corporate bullsh1t , not for me ,
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:44 PM GMT
Want a real laugh ? I backed over 3.5 goals in this sh1tfest! Mind fair play to them Norwich should of had a couple by now
Report degsy42 January 17, 2018 8:46 PM GMT
i backed under 3.5 , should have done gut feeling and gone under 2.5
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:47 PM GMT
Enjoy your curry with my money degsy
Report ufcdan January 17, 2018 8:48 PM GMT
Mind you I have laid us to qualify
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys January 17, 2018 8:55 PM GMT
3.5 games since chelsea scored... something someone said dan Mischief.

degsy... it's always been the case, only latterly the figures are so large even the most shall we say fervent supporter is beginning to question the logic & maybe even the morality of it all.
Report degsy42 January 17, 2018 9:00 PM GMT
there will always be people through the turnstiles but the ones with cameras and half and halfs , merchandise in the bags and quotes of im the top red cos ive got a giggsy duvet cover , not for me , ill watch it on the box and drink copius amounts of alcohol
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys January 17, 2018 9:12 PM GMT
Fair enough... apart from a few freebies i ain't paid in over a decade now, don't miss it. Even had a couple of seasons on the kodi etc, watching on the telly still feeding the beast mate.
Report degsy42 January 17, 2018 9:21 PM GMT
yeh still on the freebies like you dolph maybe bit hypocritical but the grub tastes better n the bevvy even better,
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys January 17, 2018 9:51 PM GMT
I knew there was a reason i had this game on in the background...
Report degsy42 January 17, 2018 10:20 PM GMT
ufcdan must be  getting the green and gold scarf out soon , abravomich out
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys January 17, 2018 10:34 PM GMT
The clowns weave will deffo be in shreds if they don't win this shoot out...
Report the_don January 17, 2018 10:49 PM GMT
If theyd let Norwich retake that missed pen for the keeper being off his line then I think Conte's head would have fallen off.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys January 17, 2018 11:09 PM GMT
Think he'd have internally combusted trying to get at the ref. Would've been wonderful viewing.

Gonna see if Slybet will give me a 'Conte Cardiac' related Request-A-Bet for next weeks 2nd leg semi at Arsenal. Hope the ref's a right c'nt.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now