Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 2 people viewing this thread.
27 Dec 10 00:11
| Topic/replies: 18,159 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
Not long before transfer window opens and although Sir Alex Ferguson says he is not a big fan of the January opportunity, he has been known to come up with the odd surprise!

Newspapers say Pepe Reina is a target. True he is unsettled at United but would he move to United knowing the "rumpus" that caused. Also United have earmarked young Anders Lindergaard as the long time successor to Van Der Sar but Reina much better at the moment.

The other name that keeps getting mentioned at Old Trafford is the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. I heard that Inter were going to sign him but he is waiting to see if United move for him first. Not sure about truth in this because Antonio Valencia is making a quicker recovery than first thought and I would have thought Sir Alex might be prioritising  a centre half and midfielder but who knows.

Anderson is starting to show a lot more of his undoubted ability but the defence is key for United if they want another title. Sunderland were not great today but United's defence was absolutely solid, unlike much of this season. Anyway we will find out a bit more at Birmingham on Tuesday as they will be tested a lot more by a fresh side with plenty of time to prepare.

Anyway good luck to fans at all clubs in this festive period. It could go a long way to deciding your season.

For United fans looking for a 19th title-  BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report anxious June 18, 2018 12:40 PM BST
nice one RP Excited
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 18, 2018 12:40 PM BST
Nice one RP... I backed Lefty... apparently he had some sort of fkin mental breakdown. Figures LaughPlain.
Report anxious June 18, 2018 12:41 PM BST
Did you win too Dess Crazy
Report DeSSieReborn June 18, 2018 12:42 PM BST
no lol do you ask women their age too? Excited
Report DeSSieReborn June 18, 2018 12:43 PM BST
golf bets are worse than the grand national Shocked
Report anxious June 18, 2018 12:43 PM BST
No my standards are higher than that Plain
Report DeSSieReborn June 18, 2018 12:45 PM BST
I would have backed Rory if I were betting, but what a ferkin letdown him, speith and the cheetah were lol.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER June 18, 2018 12:45 PM BST
He hit a putt past the hole then run after it and hit it back towards hole while it wad rolling was really funny to be honest

I like to back players who have done well at a comp same with horses

But I'd backed him the tournament before and he looked like he was just short but could be coming to the boil

But as said Saturday was a day where no one really scored except poorly
Report DeSSieReborn June 18, 2018 12:46 PM BST
Wish Sky would shut up about M
Report DeSSieReborn June 18, 2018 12:46 PM BST
Wish Sky would shut up about M
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER June 18, 2018 12:47 PM BST
I do a lot of golf but as I said I like to get mote involved after day 2 still plenty of value even on last day
Report DeSSieReborn June 18, 2018 12:47 PM BST
ickleson now though.
Report anxious June 18, 2018 12:48 PM BST
Mickleson a business partner of Trump , knock me down with a feather Plain
Report DeSSieReborn June 18, 2018 12:49 PM BST
Well its not too shocking, considering Trumps golf interests?
Report rommel June 18, 2018 12:51 PM BST
rory mince does a round or 2 with the orange grabber
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 18, 2018 12:51 PM BST
DeSSieReborn
18 Jun 18 12:42

no lol do you ask women their age too? Excited

I do dessie... c'mon then how old are yer ?. At a guess i reckon yer more of a Gilf than a Milf these days... none of us on 'ere are spring chickens anymore imo Love.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER June 18, 2018 12:53 PM BST
Are u suggesting he's Wayne rooney
Report rommel June 18, 2018 12:54 PM BST
theres a good movie about how trump wangled the golf course on the scots east coast,hes a fckn whopper the c***
Report anxious June 18, 2018 12:56 PM BST
Horrible piece of work the big fat Cheeseburger, trump that is
Report rommel June 18, 2018 12:56 PM BST
ill have a look for it later,=post it
Report rommel June 18, 2018 12:58 PM BST
built it on a unique site,rolling coastland,special scientific interest[gone forever cos of that sexcase
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 18, 2018 12:59 PM BST
REDUNDANT PUNTER
18 Jun 18 12:53

Are u suggesting he's Wayne rooney

More like a fantasy of Wayne Rooneys WhoopsWhoopsWhoops

Soz dessie, feel free to #metoo with the mods. Shocking Misogyny Plain.
Report rommel June 18, 2018 1:36 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsfLTvnzwI8
Report rommel June 18, 2018 1:36 PM BST
above-you've been trumped(2011)
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 18, 2018 3:43 PM BST
When the fun stops Grin. Last bets in this one sided battle against the layers...

Panama dog dirt, qualified with a negative goal count. Belgium a bit like their Mancunian red devil namesakes, bit of a flat track bully team, even got Big Rom up top.  Panama will undoubtedly put 10 behind the ball & make plenty of fouls. The following mixed bag o sh1te might find a winner or two if i'm lucky.

2pts Armando Cooper to be carded @4/1 slybet... midfield clogger.
1pt  Panama Red Card @15/2 BFSB... fkin due one.

4pts Belgium -2 @2/1 exchange

2pts Bel win to nil,Bel 2 goals or more, Pan 20 booking pts or more @7/2 slybet

2pts Lukaku to score 2 or more @4/1 exchange

2pts Lukaku 2+goals, 5+ Bel corners, 20+Panama booking pts @15/2 slybet

1pt  Lukaku to score a header @6/1 slybet

1pt  De Bruyne to score outside the box @10/1 slybet

1pt  Lukaku header, De Bruyne outside box 66/1 slybet

1pt  Lukaku & Hazard to score, Cooper & Gomez to be booked 50/1 bfsb

1pt  Romelu Lukaku to score 1st & Gabriel Gomez to be sent off 175/1 bfsb

1pt  Eden Hazard scores 1st; Belgium scores over 2.5 goals; Gabriel Gomez carded & Penalty Awarded 125/1 bfsb

Clearly the workings of a disturbed mind... it's safe to say i'll be concentrating on Royal Ascot as from today.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 18, 2018 6:04 PM BST
Shocked.

A 46 point profit on the above drivel... life in the mug bank yet.
Report anxious June 18, 2018 6:05 PM BST
hells bells dolph you very nearly cleaned up there mate
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 18, 2018 6:15 PM BST
Yeah if the ginger downie could take free kicks properly i'd be in clover... had a good feeling about that game tbh, perfect for some shameless muggery Happy
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 18, 2018 6:29 PM BST
Eng v Tunisia...

1pt on each with slybet...

Sterling 1st goal scorer @6/1 just to p1ss off the tabloids & the old gammon in Witherspoons

Lingard outside the box @11/1 just to p1ss off the tabloids & the old gammon in Witherspoons

Alli to score a header @22/1  just to p1ss off the tabloids & the old gammon in Witherspoons
Report degsy42 June 18, 2018 7:27 PM BST
about time you had a winner dolph , had to be kane anytime
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 18, 2018 8:44 PM BST
considering the amount of darts i'm throwing, even i'd be surprised not to have got a decent return.
Report degsy42 June 18, 2018 9:13 PM BST
darts a bit astray in the england match , nothing for 2 in the bed ,
Report rommel June 18, 2018 9:18 PM BST
dont post the odds dolph,we'll just assume each is a million to one
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 18, 2018 9:18 PM BST
just messing about degs... if yer haven't noticed Grin. If i really like something, i'll write some waffle as to why. Tbh i'm bored as fook betting on football at the mo, have been for a whilePlain.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 18, 2018 9:20 PM BST
haha romm... your ante post shout on the Ingerlund got dealt a cruel blow at the end there Plain
Report rommel June 18, 2018 9:22 PM BST
wasnt it fckn desperate,we are fckn awfulllllllllllll
Report rommel June 18, 2018 9:24 PM BST
them screaming about kane getting grabbed,well fckn move then-come in late or something
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 18, 2018 9:25 PM BST
Watched the 1st twenty... took the dog for a decent walk, just caught the last ten. Watched far too much sh1te football recently. Open goal there..............................LaughLaughLaugh
Report anxious June 18, 2018 9:42 PM BST
Another moaning scouse fecker rommel , ffs we won the feckin game rejoice man jesus wept
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 18, 2018 9:48 PM BST
England looked alright up until i went out anx, still can't have 'em winning it. Don't think anyone seriously does tho Confused. Everyone will get giddy come the quarters tho....
Report anxious June 18, 2018 9:51 PM BST
Aye probably right dolph , its the hope that kills ye PlainCry
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 18, 2018 10:00 PM BST
This lot have got a lot less expectaion on their backs... less pressure later on in the tourney. Will need plenty of luck to go all the way tho surely. Plus none of the sages on 'ere put em up ante post. Discounted them completely on the strength of that Mischief
Report rommel June 19, 2018 8:17 AM BST

Jun 18, 2018 -- 9:42PM, anxious wrote:

Another moaning scouse fecker rommel , ffs we won the feckin game rejoice man jesus wept

TAKE IT THATS YA POCKET TALKINGLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 19, 2018 12:42 PM BST
The mug bank has somehow developed a +12pt profit... betting for the sake of it in this one.

2pts Columbia @1.93

1pt  Draw/Columbia HT/FT @5.0

1pt  Columbia 2-0 @8.8

gl if yer playing Cool
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 19, 2018 1:05 PM BST
Game over ShockedLaugh
Report degsy42 June 19, 2018 1:23 PM BST
get the spare set out
Report degsy42 June 19, 2018 1:41 PM BST
hang on , your still on the hockey
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 19, 2018 1:43 PM BST
oh hello Grin
Report degsy42 June 19, 2018 1:44 PM BST
im on the columbiians , thought it was game over
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 19, 2018 1:50 PM BST
You'd have thought so mate... but Japan aren't all that are they. Still got a punchers chance of nicking it now Happy.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 19, 2018 2:54 PM BST
Not to be... Bouncing straight back with these beauties for Poland v Senegal or The Moston Derby as it's now known Mischief.

2pts Draw @ 3.2

1pt  2-2 correct score @ 24.0

1pt  Lewandowski to score outside the box @20/1 bfsb(scored a couple of free kicks in qualification)

1pt  Mane to score outside the box @40/1 bfsb big enough for dabble
Report fred c dobs June 20, 2018 8:30 AM BST
Well done Dolphins with the Moston derby not the result of course but the humour. I think the blessed Bernard would have used it in his act.Very funny.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 20, 2018 10:59 AM BST
Haha cheers fred... went too see Bernard at the Embassy many moons ago with a couple of mates when we were in our late teens. Sat a table at the front. He fkin ripped us to shreds Grin.
Report peter the butcher June 20, 2018 6:48 PM BST
Moston derby ffs Dolph LaughLaugh

Hope Sam doesn’t read the thread...
Report peter the butcher June 20, 2018 6:51 PM BST
Some cracking tipping in that Belgium match mate. Nearly got the lot. Nice one.

I’ve had a big bet on over 2.5 goals in the Iran v Spain match. If Spain get an early goal I can see them getting a few. I’ve taken 1.85. Hope they try a bit harder than Gnashers mob this afternoon.

Good luck whatever your bets
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 20, 2018 6:57 PM BST
Mischief. I'm sure he'd see the funny side.

I'm off to the boozer to watch our Sergio stirke a blow for the military industrial complex & my mug bank by destroying those god damn peace loving Iranians... laters.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 20, 2018 6:59 PM BST
Went with a VAR review 6/4... Ramos ags 6.8, he takes pens allegedly & several other very ambitious longshots... gotta go.
Report anxious June 20, 2018 7:00 PM BST
Could not get red card on 365 Cry
Report degsy42 June 20, 2018 7:14 PM BST
gone for a de gea clanger at 5/1
Report DeSSieReborn June 20, 2018 7:49 PM BST
Did anyone get on the 10/1 Salah first EPL player out of world cup?
Report anxious June 20, 2018 7:51 PM BST
Sprained shoulder or Spained , one of them for sure
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 20, 2018 9:06 PM BST
Higgys Heartbeat in the 9.10 to stop fkin about and get involved @14/1....
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 20, 2018 9:33 PM BST
Proper bad day on the nags here .....
Report anxious June 20, 2018 9:40 PM BST
bobbins today dolph , that ref was garbage in spain v iran game
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 20, 2018 10:27 PM BST
Copped for the VAR review mate... so no damage done. Plenty of opportunities to come as the tourney progresses rkid #keepthefaith
Report anxious June 20, 2018 10:44 PM BST
CrazyCool
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 20, 2018 10:46 PM BST
We will make money anx...believe WinkGrin
Report anxious June 20, 2018 10:49 PM BST
no worries bud , i am a believer ,cheer up sleepy Jean oh what can it mean Excited
Report anxious June 20, 2018 10:50 PM BST
Cloisters oxford road in the 80s Laugh
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 20, 2018 10:56 PM BST
I'm A Believer.. Davey Jones of The Monkees from Openshaw LaughCoolLove
Report anxious June 20, 2018 10:58 PM BST
Nearly a Clayton kid LoveCool
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 20, 2018 11:02 PM BST
It's written mate...

2018 The Long Hot Summer of Smilies.... Yer Can't Whack Us HappyHappyHappyHappy.

It's like '89 again without the E... we'll just have to make do with a few quid on the fitba Mischief
Report anxious June 20, 2018 11:17 PM BST
Double top Cool
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 21, 2018 10:02 AM BST
Pretty mediocre fayre yesterday at the WC yesterday.. a dearth of goals as all 3 jollies scraped home 1-0. Spent far too long for my own good looking at todays 3 but in true mug fashion i've found a bet or two.

Not surprisingly the market doesn't fancy too many goals in todays 3 offerings with the benchmark over / under 2.5 mkts all strongly favouring unders. Den v Aus on paper looks another bore, Arg v Cro could be a good game but in France v Peru i think there's cause for optimism in a game breaking out.

A few stats... in quals 6 of France's 10 went over 2.5.. 5 saw btts. Their 5 recent friendlies saw 17 goals, overs in 3 & btts in 4. The snoozefest in the opener somehow ended 2-1 also. Plenty of quality up front... the water carrier just doesn't seem how best to set them up after 4 years in the job.

As for Peru... 12 of their 18 quals went over 2.5, 11 saw btts. Their 5 friendlies in 2018 saw them scoring 10, conceeding only 1, over twice, bbts once.

Peru haven't been at a WC for a while, they ain't gonna bow out today with any regrets. Against Denmark they looked very lively, dominated pocession & the shot stats, missed a pen etc etc. Hopefully they'll have a go today again and we'll see a bit of entertainment.

Over 2.5 is 2.36... BTTS... 2.32... France win & BTTS 4.5 on the exchange...

Antoine Griezmann to score first and either France to win 2-1 or France to win 3-1 @20/1 & Pogba to score a header @20/1 both with slybet for some filth.
Report peter the butcher June 21, 2018 10:27 AM BST
Good write up dolph. Will follow you on the over 2.5 goals France bet. Hope it fares better than my Spain goals bet, can't believe how poor they were Sad
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER June 21, 2018 10:27 AM BST
Pushing ascot to the back and backing some sorties at ripon

Cupboard love
Breamar
Daira prince
Itlaaq
Olympic odysey

Singles trebles foursomes and an accum all depends if it's one of those days lol
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 21, 2018 10:32 AM BST
Cheers Pedro... nice to know i'm not the only joker in the pack. Overs the main bet for me too. For all their quality France don't half throw in some stinkers now & again tho Plain.
Report anxious June 21, 2018 10:39 AM BST
Dolph not many cards being handed out, i think Fifa have had a word
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER June 21, 2018 10:48 AM BST
It's so hard to call football France were way below average against Australia however it may just be that match up played to Australia's strengths disciplined organised not really trying to win more trying not to lose

Today's opposition might offer a more helpful gameplan i would take them to win this and win comfortably good luck
Report peter the butcher June 21, 2018 10:51 AM BST
Will have a look at those nags RP. Good luck mate
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 21, 2018 10:53 AM BST
I know anx... been a trend over recent tourneys. Apart from a few individual player bookings i've swerved the card mkts so far. Should get some decent sh1thousery as the outcomes become more obvious, force 'em to get more involved. Disappointing they haven't had a crack down on the diving... been several chances to make a statement & book a few stars.
Report peter the butcher June 21, 2018 10:56 AM BST
Anx, I'm looking at a substantial loss on red cards as things stand. I read dolph's write up which made good sense, I also thought that the use of VAR would result in more red cards and pens. Unreal the number of pens and yet we've only had one red card.

I've bet on the spread markets, over 11 red cards. Need another 10 to break even Sad

On the upside my only other spread bet is on Japan goals. They have two already.

I need three to break even and anything after that is the equivalent of 2 red cards financially for me. Hoping Japan can advance out of the group to give me at least another game. If they don't advance I hope they get beaten 5-4 in their last two games Laugh
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 21, 2018 11:02 AM BST
Yeah good luck RP... Reptile Ascot can get tae fook for me also Silly. Quite fancy Impart in the 5.50 at Ling. Tried to make all last week at Brighton over 6f, was very well backed & got collared late on. Over 5f later, the pace angle over 5f at Ling shows a very healthy profit for prominent / leaders.... not a strong shout by any means.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 21, 2018 11:05 AM BST
Bl00dy 'ell Pedro Plain. Gonna take some getting now Scared.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER June 21, 2018 11:20 AM BST
Ascot been ok for me nothing really substantial won or lost and been doing ok at the off meetings

Might have a dabble in the first in vintage brut think it might be not special but not really get involved in 2yo races often rumbleinthejungle as we back up
Report anxious June 21, 2018 12:05 PM BST
Land force e/w 15=2  2.30
National army  e/w  9-1  3.05
Report degsy42 June 21, 2018 12:13 PM BST
ill follow the footy bet now , cant stop now im in , like following people over beachy head this thread
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 21, 2018 12:19 PM BST
We'll have less of that thankyou very much degs Angry. You're standing on the shoulders of giants with this threads tips. Pandorica retired to the South of France on the back of 'em. Tbh not quite sure if he was using the pink or blue tabs tho Confused.
Report degsy42 June 21, 2018 12:22 PM BST
haha , communique in the last at ascot , johnston / de sousa currently 6/1 , not often all 3 tipsters put the same horse up , tom seagall , p keally , g delamere .     6/1 slybet im on.  , 7.6 on the exchanges
Report degsy42 June 21, 2018 12:24 PM BST
5 places  slybet too , what could possibly go wrong
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 21, 2018 12:33 PM BST
Good luck fella... seeing as 365 have just deposited a £5 freebie into my account i will smash into on the nose, just in case the 33/1 rag i've backed in the race doesn't fancy it.
Report peter the butcher June 21, 2018 1:23 PM BST
dolph

Pandy made a brief reappearance here a few weeks ago. I think it was whilst he had access to a computer in the immigration holding cell at Calais. Having been deported, I believe he's back in the sunny north of the UK now.

Once Mourinho has guided United to the title and into the latter stages of the CL, Pandy will be back on here resembling Maximus boldy entering the arena to face the lions. Will be a joy to behold, I miss the lycra loving black glove wearing p1ss taker Sad
Report peter the butcher June 21, 2018 2:36 PM BST
Right said Fred Grin All done and dusted
Report peter the butcher June 21, 2018 2:38 PM BST
So close to a huge payout in the first race at Ascot. Backed the second at huge prices. I'm sure he was in front a stride before the line and a stride after it. Gutted
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 21, 2018 3:10 PM BST
Haha Pete ... miss Mr Logic meself mate. We'll need him on 'ere when citeh go 12pts in front by Xmas. Let him explain to Mike'themover'Summerbee just how PED does it Devil.

Playing for pennies at Ascot, soz but i had a fiver on the winner.... topped up the overs in the France game...Out to 2.54 now, the layers getting c0cky with 4 unders on the bounce Confused.
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 21, 2018 3:27 PM BST
2.68 now for over 2.5. What am i missing Confused. Genuine replies or p1ss takes welcome.......
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 21, 2018 3:33 PM BST
2.74.... couldn't resist another nibble. Could be an expensive little write up Silly
Report degsy42 June 21, 2018 3:35 PM BST
beachy head incomming
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys June 21, 2018 3:42 PM BST
Haha... some of these games been a hard watch. Gonna be a fkin grewler if theres no early goal for me. Might have to take the dog for another walk Silly.
Report peter the butcher June 21, 2018 3:58 PM BST
Come on France.....or Peru. Early goal needed
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now