Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DoggyLFC
21 Aug 08 15:26
| Topic/replies: 2,526 | Blogger: DoggyLFC's blog
Is there one knocking about? If not, it's high time we had one IMO.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Liverpool discussion thread
Show More
Report inca October 17, 2017 7:33 PM BST
Ridiculous odds IMO even CCM is laying usWhoopspot kettle..................
Report pushkin99 October 17, 2017 7:50 PM BST
Salah. Lovely.
Report pushkin99 October 17, 2017 7:59 PM BST
Firminio and Coutinho. Pleasing scenes at last.
Report Can't Catch Me October 17, 2017 8:01 PM BST
Inca. Why is pot kettle? I havent had a bet, just pointing out that I thought we were a terrible price. Had I laid us, I'd be delighted to lose my money anyway.

I've no problem with anyone laying Liverpool, but any fan celebrating when we don't win just because they've won a few quid isnt really a fan.
Report Can't Catch Me October 17, 2017 8:02 PM BST
inca. When are you going to stop calling Moreno a clown? How long does he have to play well?
Report pushkin99 October 17, 2017 8:05 PM BST
lovely Firmino, for Salah.
Report Can't Catch Me October 17, 2017 8:05 PM BST
1.2 bet of the season Laugh

Cant say this hasnt been coming... someone was going to get a pasting soon enough.
Report Can't Catch Me October 17, 2017 8:17 PM BST
Hope we take a few of the big guns off at HT
Report pushkin99 October 17, 2017 8:25 PM BST
0-4
Report inca October 17, 2017 8:26 PM BST
Firstly CCM the laying post was just a bit of humour
Secondly it may your opinion that Moreno has played well it's not mine still think he is a headless chicken who finds himself out of position numerous times and has these reckless moments when he dives in...
Report inca October 17, 2017 8:29 PM BST
Agree about ht  I would get MS.RF and PC off
Report Capt__F October 17, 2017 8:36 PM BST
nice half
Report anxious October 17, 2017 8:40 PM BST
What did we all say how well we did to get a draw on saturday , you should thank us for getting you going again Wink
Report elvissss October 17, 2017 9:22 PM BST
Very true anx - no stopping the pool now and it's all down to moaninho Grin
Report rothko October 17, 2017 9:36 PM BST
to all you layers I hope you lost money you couldnt afford

just bask in your shrewdness that you laid a team with the biggest away win in the CL LaughLaugh
Report Can't Catch Me October 17, 2017 9:44 PM BST
Just what the doctor ordered that. Clean sheet and a load of goals. Should help our confidence no end for the weekend.

Cant really work out if that was a good result or not in Russia.
Report Can't Catch Me October 17, 2017 9:47 PM BST
11 goal swing in our goal difference vs Sevilla tonight Laugh
Report rothko October 17, 2017 9:47 PM BST
we should have nine points
cant believe we are making hard work of this group
Only the Besiktas group is weaker
Report inca October 17, 2017 9:49 PM BST
Good stuff all round!!
Report inca October 17, 2017 9:51 PM BST
Ffs Rothko!!!!!
Report Capt__F October 17, 2017 9:51 PM BST
v nice

nice 1 lpoolCool
Report Can't Catch Me October 17, 2017 9:52 PM BST
In fairness rothko, the draw and performance in Moscow doesnt look quite so bad now does it?

Still think we will top the group easily enough.
Report rothko October 17, 2017 9:55 PM BST
they had their best player missing against us
they drew in Maribor

probably Sevilla had a bad night - it happens
Report Can't Catch Me October 17, 2017 10:01 PM BST
they drew in Maribor

Exactly. Makes tonight look even better too Grin
Report rothko October 17, 2017 10:02 PM BST
that was a great result for spurs

will be a good game on sunday - least it will be two teams trying to win it and playing the right way
Report Can't Catch Me October 17, 2017 10:04 PM BST
Yeah really looking forward to it. Hope that Aurier plays though
Report inca October 17, 2017 10:07 PM BST
Totally agree Rothko think Sunday's game could be a cracker 2 teams wanting to play football big pitch etc actually fancy us on Sunday but the last time I fancied us as a decent bet was City Cry
Report rothko October 17, 2017 10:08 PM BST
not seen much of him - he started tonight - I think he played well?
Report pushkin99 October 17, 2017 10:09 PM BST
in fairness to moanrhino, its obvious why he set up his team with zero ambition on Saturday as he foresaw this kind of hiding
Report Can't Catch Me October 17, 2017 10:09 PM BST
Didnt see any of their game but always think hes a bit reckless and Salah could get some joy out of him.
Report rothko October 17, 2017 10:20 PM BST
always think you've got a chance if they play Dier in midfield

ive seen oil tankers turn quicker
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 17, 2017 11:41 PM BST
A big difference tonight was it was not so much the quantity but the quality of chances created every goal bar one in the 18 yard box and probably five of them in 6 yard box three of them one on ones with keeper

Not twenty chances 15 of them shots from 20 plus yards and three blocked shots through crowded box or two headers under pressure into the crowd

Real clear cut chances that percentage wise will ore often than not result in goals
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 18, 2017 5:49 PM BST
This thread works in reverse the better we do the less gets posted

We are more vocal in defeat or stalemate than in victory
Report jedi sophie October 18, 2017 8:57 PM BST
Wasnt it terrific to see us bang in a few goals,no matter the opposition were dreadful,and capitualted after second...Was still a CL fixture,and normally not easy to anyone away from home.

Really really hoping he now just sticks with Matip n Lovren until they either get injured or are ready to drop down half dead with fatigue.NO Klavan at weekend please!FGS...

A few good performances last night,Milner,Bobby,Mo.

Hopefully win the group from here.

On to Sunday,give us a real chance with there struggles at Wembley,the wide open space should really suit us.Pray no injuries.
Thinking of having a go on here if prices are wrong!

Aurier not play RB incidentally? Salah v Davies or Rose?
Report jedi sophie October 18, 2017 9:03 PM BST
Liverpool often underpriced on here,not entirely sure why...
Find it very difficult to profit from us not doing well though...Bittersweet.Sad
Report jedi sophie October 18, 2017 9:04 PM BST
And we were bang in City match till Sadio went! Dont let that put anyone off.
Report rothko October 18, 2017 10:44 PM BST
REDUNDANT PUNTER • October 18, 2017 5:49 PM BST
This thread works in reverse the better we do the less gets posted

We are more vocal in defeat or stalemate than in victory

RP this might be being a bit controversial but have you considered that maybe some of the people who post on here may want us to lose so they have nothing to say when we win
Crazy I know
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 18, 2017 10:54 PM BST
No I don't think that's controversial at all and could be true just seems odd that a game that ends with that result gets dissprapotionate comments compared to some other less impressive results
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 19, 2017 12:55 AM BST
2 clean sheets muthaf@#las. See what happens when you make the oppo sh!t scared to attack.

In Jurgen...
Report inca October 19, 2017 8:19 AM BST
Rothko and RP yes your statements are not controversial they are absolute nonsense,people on here want us to lose so they can post seriously that is probably the biggest load of sh1t written on here.IMO everyone on here wants us to win apart from the obvious few from other clubs who pop on for wind up..
After a poor result it is fairly obvious there is going to be more debate,we will all show our frustration in different ways when it happens and create debate etc rather than hammering a team that our odds suggested we would which isn't going to create a huge debate.
Report inca October 19, 2017 8:36 AM BST
If you check after the game the few who posted basically said great result and performance the only negative comment came from Rothko who had a moan about how this is such an easy group and we should walk it then contradicted himself!!!
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 19, 2017 8:40 AM BST
I didn't make a statement I simply said the statement made was not controversial  as you yourself said in your opening line

I said it could be true that means I don't know if it is or it isn't lots of people post on here I know none of them personally

not sure why failure to win should evoke mass frustration and a victory should produce minimal celebration in comparison

As for hammering a team that odds suggested we would it was still a big scoring away win a clean sheet a change of keeper an appearance of sturridge as a sub a recall for Milner In midfield club captain rested Robertson not in squad

All the same issues that draw a bigger response week in week out just this time we won though I was just making the point it seemed a little muted in here
Report inca October 19, 2017 8:49 AM BST
My point is that it is utter nonsense to say that the people on here want us to get beat so they have something to post,which you replied to Rothko may be true!!!
Report inca October 19, 2017 8:54 AM BST
So yes or no RP do you think people on here want us to get beat so they can post,as for you not understanding why a negative result will cause more frustration etc than a positive one you can't be serious!!
Report inca October 19, 2017 8:59 AM BST
And if its a yes perhaps you would like to name the posters who support us,but want us to get beat

Either you or Rothko or a joint list just so these posters get a chance to defend themselves!!!!
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 19, 2017 9:02 AM BST
And my point wa it could be because I don't know maybe there are names on here who support othe clubs maybe there are people who don't like the direction the clubs going in people who want a different manager could be anything

I can't vouch for all posters did I think it was controversial not really I said could be true that implied I didn't think it was and didn't know if it wasn't

My point was merely it seemed a little subdued here compared to other games maybe I over rated the expectation of a bigger response to what was a good result a big high scoring win with lots of the  same issues that get debated generally

Was meant to be observational on my part not argumentive or controversial
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 19, 2017 9:09 AM BST
I don't know in my opinion I'd say no but it's not impossible maybe the person who raised the point is better qualified to answer

Also yes negative results get a lot of response because they provide counter posts compared to positive results I was just saying it was quiet in here and maybe I was expecting to see more posts in celebration and in debate over all
Report inca October 19, 2017 9:15 AM BST
RP your just doing your United Nations peace keeping statements again,the post in question implied that the posters on here who support us,didn't want us to win so they could come on and moan etc

And you are well aware of exactly that...

Anyway enough said on it just thought it was ridiculous

What's your team for Sunday,keep Milner in???
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 19, 2017 9:22 AM BST
I thought he played well but I honestly think if he's your first choice midfielder on the majority of match days then your not where you want to be

I think he's a great pro a great squad player but for me not a starter as for keepers when we have karius or ward in I don't even bother to notice them when mignolet is in as a fan I'm always a bit nervous

Don't know why cos don't think ability wise he's any worse he just has that effect on me  I think probably same team that played united will be the one  if  no fitness issues
Report inca October 19, 2017 9:34 AM BST
Agreed as you said barring injuries same line up ,midfield and fullbacks will need to put in some shift on Sunday so perhaps the bench may be interesting
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 19, 2017 9:37 AM BST
In home games against lesser teams who come to defend the point they have pre game I'd like to see us go three at the back

Mainly because it gives us chance to field five attacking types if we have too

So mane salah firminio coutininio lalana all ahead of can Henderson wynaldum still got options on bench also if needed
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 19, 2017 9:41 AM BST
Still baffling how Robertson can't make squad and we go into games with right back cover usually but not left back I guess that's the beauty of Milner in squad

I think Moreno has the place now and he's not done enough wrong to be replaced but Robertson one I'd hard to fathom

And yes bench is and will be important
Report inca October 19, 2017 9:44 AM BST
Don't get me started on the Robertson one!!!!
Report jedi sophie October 19, 2017 9:54 AM BST
Robertson it seems is in the same boat as the OX, yet unfortunately for us and himself,it seems he is even further away..
Klopp paid 55m for the pair of them roughly,yet privately and publicly it seems he thinks neither are actually ready to start in our 1st team,certainly not regularly!Lots of cash gone to then not use both players regularly.

I find that a tad strange myself though no point in criticizing as not in the position of having all the facts.And obviously we posted a convincing win.

Moreno though has gone from nowhere near last season ,behind Milner, to in front of Milner who was great,in front of our new signing and also outwith rotation.

Just like to know the real reasons,please dont tell me purely performance because i dont actually believe that.

Moreno again DECENT midweek,but many times caught to far up,and his distribution,final ball,shooting at times is woeful...Considering the good positions our play offers him. Robbo in similar areas imo far more end product.

Looking forward to sunday.
Report jedi sophie October 19, 2017 9:55 AM BST
Sorry 45m, i think...
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 19, 2017 9:58 AM BST
lol it's puzzling must be something from the bits I've seen he's looked promising and to be fair to klopp he does give players chances

Maybe he's not showing in training or he's not fully settled in just moved just had a baby it's not the end of the world for him not to be first choice right now and might prove to be a good thing going forward

Strikes me as a strong personality having read some of his interviews I remember a time we bought players and they didn't start but went on to be regular first teamers maybe klopp doing this with his signings
Report Can't Catch Me October 19, 2017 10:01 AM BST
An article that won't be popular on this thread Laugh

https://rushthekop.com/2017/10/19/liverpool-defender-moreno-tops-champions-l...
Report jedi sophie October 19, 2017 10:03 AM BST
Agreed RP,Moreno has at least it seems settled down a tad,not costing us goals willy nilly,just a tad strange as i said.
We couldve used the money elsewhere if these were not considered immediate first team prformers.
Rotating at rightback,think it be an idea to do likewise at leftback for the same reasons he is doing so at rightback,leave Matip n Lovren well alone in middle!
Lallana give us another dimension in the pressing soon again,i think he wouldve made a big difference in the Man U borefest.
Report jedi sophie October 19, 2017 10:06 AM BST
Liverpool defender Alberto Moreno is the best left-back in the Champions League, according to ratings.

Cant take the article too seriously after they begin with that!!Laugh
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 19, 2017 10:14 AM BST
I think as fans we have our favourites and we can over analyse those who are in the team when ours are not as u say to overcake Milner and keep out a new signing shows he'd doing something somewhere to impress

The other point might be that Milner suggested he didn't want to play leftback unless it was to cover injuries possibly after all he wasn't a left back he just did a job there and did ok

I guess the purchase of Robertson was important given at the time u had an ageing midfielder and a player out of form who at one point looked surplus to requirements

So a natural leftback was a priority for the future
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 19, 2017 10:18 AM BST
I don't think it's necessarily that either Robertson or Chamberlain are considered not ready yet, simply that there are players in their positions who are doing well and holding down the place. Both are showing their qualities and look like they'll be fine additions to the squad but we're a good team now and it's tough to break into. If Robertson's only purpose was to give Moreno a kick up the arse and get him to realise his potential to be a really good left back then it'd still be £10m well spent.
Report Can't Catch Me October 19, 2017 10:20 AM BST
Can't take it seriously because you don't rate him jedi?

Now obviously I don't think he's the best left back in Europe, but their rating system seems sensible enough and it does at least show how well he's played so far imo. I fear some will never, ever give him a fair chance though now... One bad mistake and everybody will be saying 'I told you so'. Its a real shame for the lad.

I think he has been mostly very good all season and clearly Klopp has improved him no end. I can see why some would like Robertson given more of a chance because when he has played he's looked very good, but similarly, I can see why Klopp is sticking with Moreno. He gave him a chance and I dont think anybody can deny he's taken it.

Wouldnt say much to the rest of the squad, if they saw him being dropped on the back of good performances would it? As it stands, they probably all think their destiny is in their own hands, which must be a positive
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 19, 2017 10:27 AM BST
In this day and age full backs are essentially required to do more going forward than they do defending look at city now playing delph right back all the best full backs seem to be measured by this ability

I think Moreno has not given any reason based on over all performance this season to be dropped
Report Can't Catch Me October 19, 2017 10:30 AM BST
From looking light in the full back positions we now have TAA, Gomez and Clyne on one side and Moreno, Robertson and Milner if required on the other.

Personally Im more than happy with that.
Report jedi sophie October 19, 2017 10:30 AM BST
Cant take it seriously because it is nonsense.

Football is not played on ratings.Or stats.Prefer to decide on what i see on the pitch,rather than what some lads computer tells us!

He had one assist during the win over Maribor so he makes the team of the week,we won 7-0 fgs.Hardly genius ratings system?

The lad has improved,ive acknowledged that many times,it doesnt mean i think he wont fall back to his old ways, as i still think he is merely getting away with things this season.Those who now want to criticize those who are not fans of Moreno should think back not too far before having him as the next Roberto Carlos!
Report jedi sophie October 19, 2017 10:33 AM BST
Romelu Lukaku incidentally is also in the chaps team on his ratings system. He was absolutely brutal?
Agreed?
Report Can't Catch Me October 19, 2017 10:34 AM BST
I think we are all guilty of having pre-disposed ideas about players. Im personally very anti Sturridge and probably dont give him a fair crack of the whip because he has p1ssed me off so many times now.

Had we signed Moreno this summer, and we had only seen this seasons player in a Liverpool shirt, I feel quite positive every fan would be raving about him. But unfortunately, because he has been poor in the past, that isnt the case.

Obviously he needs to do it for a sustained period to convince everyone he has genuinely turned the corner, but so far, so good. And if he does revert to last seasons Moreno, at least we have a good alternative.
Report Can't Catch Me October 19, 2017 10:35 AM BST
Havent watched Man Utd in the CL so no idea.
Report jedi sophie October 19, 2017 10:36 AM BST
And have no issues at all with Klopp playing him continually while playing as he is, all i said was i find it a tad strange he is rotating at rightback and not at leftback!When we look similarly well placed in both positions as you just posted!
Report stridingedge October 19, 2017 10:37 AM BST
Did anyone notice Can covering a few times when Moreno had bombed on. Seems very sensible to me, If you are playing AM (I'm not convinced at all by him yet) then it's not going to be because he is a solid defender, (recently he's got away with the same issues that have caused concern for a long time defensively) It's going to be for an attacking threat.

Against a poor outfit on tuesday the width was very effective on both flanks, For AM to be in the side he has to be making chances/assists and on tuesday he delivered. For me he has flattered to deceive to often when in good areas of the pitch. I would say that too often we do not get enough players arriving into the box, (tuesday we filled their box with many options on many attacks!) this doesn't always make it easy to pick out a target. Saying that, first man blocks and over hit/powered crosses have also been too prevalent so as usual a few things going on rather than one simple thing.

Going forward I think against the bus parkers we need to be more forceful, we don't seem to be a team that will grind down opponents with a patience (how many games do we nick late on after doing the same thing with only late substitutions?). A few of us are thinking that we could put on another attacker at the expense of one of the more solid midfielders much earlier in games.

As stated previously I believe we will hit a run of form where offensively we will click and more sides will succumb early and then the task is completely different for us as more often than not a 2nd goal when our tails are up will be forthcoming.The worry is how we have gone about breaking down teams into the 2nd half when there is a stalemate, I'd rather see us chuck more at them, get more people arriving in their box, take off one of the less attacking mids (perhaps 3 at the back as RP alludes to) and really chuck the lot at them, I'd rather we failed to collect 3 pts going about it this way than the side to side backwards build up which becomes all to slow and predictable in the latter stages when a goal is needed and we are dominating possession.
Report Can't Catch Me October 19, 2017 10:38 AM BST
Cant argue with that point jedi. It does seem odd that Robertson hasnt had more game time considering how well he has done when played.
Report jedi sophie October 19, 2017 10:40 AM BST
No mention of Flanno.A bit sad for me!Sad
Report anxious October 19, 2017 10:45 AM BST
What has happened to Danny ings ?
Report Can't Catch Me October 19, 2017 10:45 AM BST
I think its slightly harsh saying he's getting away with it se.

I've noticed five or 6 instances already where I thought he has has sat instead of bombing on, which he just wouldn't have done previously. There were 2 notable ones in the Man Utd game that I can remember. At the end of the day, he is only following instructions and when he does go forward and get caught out, the rest of the team have to take some blame as presumably that's what he's been told to do, and they aren't covering like they should.
Report jedi sophie October 19, 2017 10:46 AM BST
Sturridge still continues to flatter,in smaller and smaller glimpses though.Cant seem to perform from the start,pace gone,only looks decent against tired legs.I wouldve hawked him last summer,he just has to be gone this summer,he isnt a good influence imo,and his contribution is now minimal.Cant see Ings coming back either,just to long out,and is Origi up to it? doubt that too,so lots of work to be done there!Grin

Huge game again at the weekend.Well placed in league with others slipping up like ourselves.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 19, 2017 10:48 AM BST
Sometimes you can effect play by just taking up a position yes he gets caught out of position at times but he also pushes high up when the play is on the opposite side or in the middle he's often not used but he's there

If he's used u may gain advantage if udon use him and u get countered he's going to be out of position depends how u view the game I guess
Report jedi sophie October 19, 2017 10:48 AM BST
Anxious

Why dont you stop worrying about the mighty LFC?

As per other thread!!!
Report stridingedge October 19, 2017 10:51 AM BST
CCM in the man u game he was out of position a few times, once saw one of them last ditch lunging challenges and another couple of times they failed to deliver a cross they might have when in space.

He may be a bit more conservative but I'm still seeing the defensive weaknesses that initially put me off him.

I think any stats used to hint him being an effective LB that defends well are misleading in my book.

He's in quite a good position where we boss most games and don't have to defend much, my main point was that he has to deliver offensively more to justify a role as it won't be because the defensive side of his game is great.

You know I'm certainly more of a glass half full character regards us but sometimes it works the other way where issues are still there that are concerning even when they have not recently been punished.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 19, 2017 10:55 AM BST
Sturridge is frustrating his fitness his style he's not an all action type so can look lazy or diss interested but he has class he's a very capable finisher has very good feet

And can score goals non of our other players could I think it's hard when ur not getting a run of games and suddenly when ur given a one off start it's hard to find a rytym

He's one of them that if he went it wouldn't be a shock I think he'd score goals elsewhere with regular games
Report anxious October 19, 2017 10:56 AM BST
Laugh Jed seriously where is this Ings fella ?
Report jedi sophie October 19, 2017 10:57 AM BST
Two terrible knee injuries,on way abck again,but nowhere close to first team...
Shame for the lad!
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 19, 2017 11:00 AM BST
He's playing u23 games after two bad injuries think he has a great attitude not seen enough of him to really judge his ability to make the match day squad

But won't be through lack of trying imo
Report anxious October 19, 2017 11:03 AM BST
He was decent at Burnley , hope he recovers
Report stridingedge October 19, 2017 11:03 AM BST
Sturridge was lethal for the first season and a half. Obviously was one of the first names on the sheet then.

Perhaps we were afforded a lot more space back then?

When we are doing the patient build up, he will often make an early run and not get it then reset and look for it again as the ball is side to side for another 10 passes.

When he has had chances he has snatched at a few and certainly missed some 1 on 1's he just didn't used to.

I think he needs to move on and fitness allowing play  a lot more often, I do think in general our subs are made too late.
Report stridingedge October 19, 2017 11:04 AM BST
surely a better squad is what happened to Ings
Report inca October 19, 2017 11:05 AM BST
IMO Robertson has shown more than Moreno in his brief appearances,and is a upgrade on him so to say he is doing ok is irrelevant it's about improvement,and again imo still think Moreno is a liability who offers little at both ends of the pitch no matter how much some keep saying he's playing well!!

Sturridge is offering less than ever and when he got a chance against Newcastle he was woeful

There is a run of games coming up that Klopp may see fit for giving some fringe players more of a chance especially Robertson
Report inca October 19, 2017 11:10 AM BST
Agree about Ings decent lad who has had sh1t luck with injuries...

Our early departure from the league cup has certainly not helped our fringe players get game time but who cares about going out cup competitions Whoops
Report Can't Catch Me October 19, 2017 11:20 AM BST
so to say he is doing ok is irrelevant it's about improvement,

A very odd comment imo inca. He is doing well, which means he has clearly improved.

I think too much time has passed to talk about the Sturridge who looked a top player. He's been awful for ages.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 19, 2017 11:21 AM BST
It's easy to form an opinion on a player when they are not bieng given a chance to excel but u have to take everything into account

Chamberlain has been seen by many as useless not Liverpool fans a unessecary purchase but end of day he's young he's fairly pacey and athletic he can't take a chance he's an England international he's prem league experienced cl experienced

He needs game time he needs to work hard u can't have enough options in a squad if u want to progress
Report Can't Catch Me October 19, 2017 11:23 AM BST
I think any stats used to hint him being an effective LB that defends well are misleading in my book.

se. So you've made your decision on him then and it doesn't matter what he does going forward? I understand stats aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I like them. If a defender is winning more aerial duels, making more interceptions, giving less balls away etc, then I think that's worth paying attention to.

Moreno has more than doubled his defensive output this season.
Report stridingedge October 19, 2017 11:24 AM BST
Writing off players after a few games than a few seasons is chalk and cheese surely.

Sturridge done a torres CCM?
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 19, 2017 11:27 AM BST
I wouldn't say he's been awful for ages to be fair he's been injury prone as always he's not had that many chances forwards need games need to build momentum

He may not be the player of the past but he's hardly played I thought his pass for chamberlain was a nice touch nice awareness given his situation he could have been forgiven for shooting

As I say if he left wouldn't be shocked also wouldn't be shocked if he scored plenty when he went
Report Can't Catch Me October 19, 2017 11:29 AM BST
Yeah maybe so se... Maybe its injuries? Just feel that his head isnt right. He knows he's not in Klopp's best XI, so doesnt try as hard?
Report inca October 19, 2017 11:30 AM BST
I said he is doing ok certainly not doing well anyway let's be honest
Moreno
Sturridge
Lovren
Mingo
These 4 probably cause more discussion than the rest put together and we all have differing views on them which will be hard to change...
Report stridingedge October 19, 2017 11:31 AM BST
CCM

1.) I hope you are right on Moreno, I will be chuffed

2.) It's early season and we boss most games possession wise these days with even more opposing teams very cautious so defending is often barely tested, more a case of us breaking them down.

3.) I can only say what I see and believe, we have had  a run where we have imo deserved better results from performances but marginal things just didn't quite allow it.Some were all doom and gloom that we didn't have enough quality etc etc same old same old when for me this is the best squad quality wise for many a year.For me we could easily have has many more wins but were frustrated.

On a similar note for me Moreno is still the same player and Has got away with some marginal situations that have not been punished. This does not change my outlook, though of course over a few months I would change my opinion if his errors do not lead to goals.

As I said mate i really hope you are right, that would be fantastic but at this moment I am not confident.
Report stridingedge October 19, 2017 11:35 AM BST
RP incidentally I was one on here that thought Sturridge was awesome, very talented technically and the bottom line was he stuck the ball in the net at a brilliant rate, for a striker if you are doing that the rest is immaterial.

Perhaps he's lost a yard of sharpness, perhaps not playing regularly with enough minutes is not helping this and perhaps he's often brought on too late in games where we need a goal and the opposition has had something to cling on to doggedly in the 2nd half.

A lot of his goals early door for us were on breakaways when teams were not so scared of being countered.

I'm not totally sure which of these factors is most important but he would probably be best suited being a bigger fish somewhere else now with regular football.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 19, 2017 11:40 AM BST
Yes I agree with that could be one or all I don't know but even now if he's on the bench he would be labelled a possible game changer we don't have a bench full of them

As I said if he went wouldn't suprise me if he scored regulary
Report Can't Catch Me October 19, 2017 12:18 PM BST
We've always bossed possession since he's been here though se! So I dont think that's a reason not to give him credit now.

Take all your points, and Im not trying to pretend I think Moreno is suddenly some kind of superstar, I just want to see him given a fair crack of the whip.  You get posts asking why he is still picking him, when its pretty obvious why.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER October 19, 2017 12:28 PM BST
Personally I like Moreno I prefer him to Milner in the role as I think in comparison his positioning is better he's faster stronger attacks more  I also like his attitude

He does drift he does make rash tackles at times but on the whole he's doing ok this season he's the one in the team so it's his position to lose right now
Report rothko October 19, 2017 7:28 PM BST
inca • October 19, 2017 8:36 AM BST

If you check after the game the few who posted basically said great result and performance the only negative comment came from Rothko who had a moan about how this is such an easy group and we should walk it then contradicted himself!!!

I stated that I couldn't believe we were making hard work of this group - seems a reasonable rather than a negative comment to me  - if you watched the first 2 games in which we dominated - missed pen etc
IMO I think Liverpool are a much stronger team then either Maribor, Moscow and Sevilla and so should dominate the group - you might disagree
Don't get the contradiction there

in terms of activity on the thread its often stated that there is more after a defeat
I seem to have hit close to home  - are you still smarting having lost money laying us last night Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now