Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DoggyLFC
21 Aug 08 15:26
| Topic/replies: 2,644 | Blogger: DoggyLFC's blog
Is there one knocking about? If not, it's high time we had one IMO.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Liverpool discussion thread
Show More
Report Can't Catch Me August 17, 2017 10:20 PM BST
Jedi. I did post straight after that I didn't mean it to sound as harsh as it did.

But this has become a pretty bleak place over the years. I think it's crazy for everyone to be moaning and groaning after two games. Two undefeated games at that. The team have also had to deal with a pretty difficult situation in light of the PC saga.

If we weren't trying to address the CB position, then we would have every right to be worried.  But we all know, for sure, we are after one.
Report Can't Catch Me August 17, 2017 10:22 PM BST
Why are  you getting arsey? I'm not patronising anyone.

So you believe the club aren't looking at other options then?
Report rothko August 17, 2017 10:22 PM BST
The current transfer market is very difficult - Aresenal and Spurs are also finding deals hard to do

I think we all know where we need to strengthen - not much difference between most of us

I read it more that CCM was adding a touch of realism. I would like us to get every target we go for but its a sellers market
Report inca August 17, 2017 10:28 PM BST
Sorry didn't mean to come across that way just really fkg frustrated at what's going on in terms of transfers.

I have no idea if we are looking at others but my guess is no just like your guess is yes
Report Can't Catch Me August 17, 2017 10:29 PM BST
No worries. I'm genuinely not trying to patronize anyone, and I don't think I know better than anyone either. Just trying to be positive.
Report rothko August 17, 2017 10:29 PM BST
Inca all the PL clubs have a scouting network across the world so are looking at players all the time

It is frustrating but there is some aweful value out there at the moment
Report Can't Catch Me August 17, 2017 10:32 PM BST
This Sanchez lad is going in a deal up to £40m! That's huge money for a 21 year old who is unproven whatever way you look at it.
Report Can't Catch Me August 17, 2017 10:35 PM BST
The Salah deal looks better by the day to me at £34m.
Report jedi sophie August 17, 2017 10:40 PM BST
CCM- Spurs got 50m plus for Walker fgs..Its irrelevant almost the fees,there all awash with cash now!Brighton just spent 13m on a player,the second time had broke there transfer fee in a week.Time to forget the fees.Not going to reduce prices,No relation to transfer fees unfortunately.
Spurs will also get about 20m for Wimmer who isnt good enough.There doing good business!We it seems to me are not.Not in the correct areas anyway!
Would love to be on raving about our new look defence,would love to be but we aint got one,and we do need one!
Sad
We should ask Spurs in  morn to name there price for Toby!Now they have his replacement!
Report rothko August 17, 2017 10:40 PM BST
Yes especially when some clubs are paying £45m for a 27 year old mifdfielder (28 next month)

Decent player but so is Salah
Report ian merseyside August 17, 2017 10:40 PM BST
A word of caution to Coutinho.  After seeing Real Madrid completely outclass Barca in the two Spanish Super Cup games, this is the wrong time to be signing for them. I think Barca are in for a couple of seasons of playing second fiddle to Real Madrid. The fans are annoyed after losing one of their star players and Coutinho is clearly not in the same class as Neymar, not his fault but he will end up being unfairly blamed for being part of a declining team.
Report inca August 17, 2017 10:41 PM BST
If the spurs chairman is willing to pay,that's good enough for me
Report jedi sophie August 17, 2017 10:43 PM BST
Lets hope he is reading then Ian!
Report inca August 17, 2017 10:48 PM BST
Ask Barca for the  ter stegen and Rakatic plus cash !!
Report ian merseyside August 17, 2017 10:48 PM BST
Sadly though Jedi, I don't think he or (more importantly) his agent will see it that way!
Report hippie August 17, 2017 10:50 PM BST
Sanchez isn't Toby's replacement, he's the missing  piece of the back 3 jigsaw.

Sell a sprinter for £50m+, buy one of the hottest CB prospects in the world for £40. Job's a good 'un.
Report Can't Catch Me August 17, 2017 10:52 PM BST
Jedi. It's la la land to think we could sign him.

Ian... Good piece from Jonathan Wilson earlier about the situation at Barca. Don't suppose PC sees it
like that though. Assuming he rates himself and believes in himself enough, he probably thinks he could help make them great again.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/08/17/barcelona-crisis-neymar-suarez-injury-v...
Report Can't Catch Me August 17, 2017 10:53 PM BST
One of the hottest CB prospects in the world?!

He's got 2 caps for Colombia and played one season in the Eridivise?
Report Can't Catch Me August 17, 2017 10:55 PM BST
Agree about Rakitic inca. Problem is they probably won't want to come, just like Sanchez didn't as part of the Suarez deal.
Report hippie August 17, 2017 11:01 PM BST
CCM, we had a similar conversation about Eriksen.

Words about the lad don't matter, Poch wanted him, he wanted Poch and the proof will be in the eating. He's rated and he's going to play in a system that Poch employed 11 times in the league last season winning 9 and drawing 2. Evolution is happening.
Report jedi sophie August 17, 2017 11:01 PM BST
Why is that CCM,?just do not agree.Certainly do not agree it should be outwith our limits.
They just sold Walker to City.No problem.
He wants a new deal.Now.
We will pay him more than Spurs.For sure.
We have 70m earmarked for a defender.
They make vast profit!
Mr Levy loves that.
We will at some point receive 25m or so for Sakho so even more sense to it.

Just cant see why we dont think bigger,can only think doesnt meet the Moneyball criteria! By a year or two probably!
Report jedi sophie August 17, 2017 11:03 PM BST
Think you seem to view us as a top 6 side,no more,no real right to be challenging again...Same as FSG in my view!
Exactly what will be if dont start thinking differently!
Report inca August 17, 2017 11:03 PM BST
After the defeats from Madrid the Barca fans will be demanding that they make major signings not sure the 2 they are trying to sign are the answer though just need to wait and see
Report neill d August 17, 2017 11:05 PM BST

Aug 17, 2017 -- 10:48PM, inca wrote:

Ask Barca for the

Report Can't Catch Me August 17, 2017 11:05 PM BST
We did hippie. And I still don't think Eriksen is a top player. Alli and Kane are the stars of the show. I think Dembele is a better player myself.

The system is so good at Spurs. And the Manager. That it's greater than the sum of its parts.
Report neill d August 17, 2017 11:07 PM BST

Aug 17, 2017 -- 10:40PM, ian merseyside wrote:

A word of caution to Coutinho.

Report Can't Catch Me August 17, 2017 11:08 PM BST
Jedi. I just think I'm more realistic than you. We can't compete with City, Utd and Chelsea in monetary terms. We are more comparable to Spurs. Why would he leave a team that has repeatedly finished above us? And to go to one that couldn't offer significantly more money?
Report ian merseyside August 17, 2017 11:09 PM BST
Interesting read CCM. It looks like a right mess at Barca.  Might be worth a bet that they finish behind both the Madrid clubs this season.  The inevitable decline of Messi and Ronaldo will obviously have a major impact on their respective clubs but it looks like Real Madrid are handling it far better than Barca.
Report Can't Catch Me August 17, 2017 11:10 PM BST
Pretty sure our discussion was about Coutinho and Eriksen as well hippie. And me saying the former was better.
Report inca August 17, 2017 11:11 PM BST
Pity CCM I think he is a brilliant footballer,love watching him,Jedi is right CCM you do put us down a bit we are a massive club with a massive world wide fan base the way you post you would think we were a City,Spurs or Chelsea with a limited history and fan baseHappyHappy
Report neill d August 17, 2017 11:12 PM BST
****, dunno what happened above.

I'd say there isn't much between Mignotel, Karius and Ter Stegen, I wouldn't rate Ter Stegen at all, was bad on the first goal last night.

Coutinho is replacing Iniesta who is physically done it seems, although I think he'd be grand in the Neymar position at Barca where he'd be on the same wavelength as a front 3 that can interchange.

I'd say Dembele is the replacement for Neymar, but will play on the other side.

Dembele       Messi       Coutinho

Suarez

will be what they'll do, I'd say, coutinho will have no bother.
Report jedi sophie August 17, 2017 11:13 PM BST
We pay Lovren twice as much as he is allegedly on.At Spurs.We pay Lovren more than Alli may be on.LaughSignificant.And that is a 5 year deal.Astonishing.Mignolet same,5 year deal.Lallana 5 year deal.

But couldnt offer possibly best CH in league decent terms.

Whoever works that lot out!Cry
Report neill d August 17, 2017 11:14 PM BST
Would Liverpool have a look at Lemar of Monaco, impressed me in the France/England game, higher ceiling than Eriksson and Liverpool aren't exactly stuck going forward even without Coutinho.

Salah and Mane are superb up top, and I could see Lallana doing a lot of what Coutinho does at no.8 minus the long-distance shooting.
Report inca August 17, 2017 11:15 PM BST
Neill d you may be right about Ter Stegen was just putting it out there,
Report hippie August 17, 2017 11:15 PM BST
Dele and Kane (cost: £5m for the pair) are becoming the stars but Eriksen is the fulcrum and Dembele is that something extra.

It's a team game. The sum should always be greater than the parts which is Poch's philosophy and why he does so well developing kids. Juan Foyth (19 year old) should have signed for PSG by now but he's adamant he wants to work with Poch,
Report jedi sophie August 17, 2017 11:17 PM BST
Leicester win league from nowhere,Chelsea win league from nowhere,yet we have to be repeatedly patient and watch year in year out as usurped by lesser clubs,because of bad decisions.bad choices,bad buys.While still paying fortunes on matchdays and on kits for kids etc....

Agree to disagree im afraid.

Goodnight all.
Report neill d August 17, 2017 11:17 PM BST

Aug 17, 2017 -- 11:15PM, inca wrote:

Neill d you may be right about Ter Stegen was just putting it out there,

Dya know what, its not that I consider him especially bad, its just that he ain't better than what ye have got.

Report Can't Catch Me August 17, 2017 11:17 PM BST
Maybe we should sign Kane and Alli while we're at it?
Report mafeking August 17, 2017 11:18 PM BST
CCM, i agree it's hell of lot of money for a 21 year old centre half. we seem to be joining the madness late in the day

you're so wrong about eriksen though. could play for any club in the world. more than happy that barca have got eyes for your player before ours. the chemistry between him, dele and kane is amazing
Report neill d August 17, 2017 11:19 PM BST
I notice Southampton keep saying "this window", wonder could Van Dijk be there to be gotten in January when things cool, they're probably safe and have integrated the new guy they are buying at the minute.

Van Dijk and Sakho wouldn't let much past them.
Report jedi sophie August 17, 2017 11:20 PM BST
If not for our ridiculous transfer committee we would have signed Alli CCM.

You will know that though.
Report neill d August 17, 2017 11:20 PM BST

Aug 17, 2017 -- 11:15PM, hippie wrote:

Dele and Kane (cost: £5m for the pair) are becoming the stars but Eriksen is the fulcrum and Dembele is that something extra. It's a team game. The sum should always be greater than the parts which is Poch's philosophy and why he does so well developing kids. Juan Foyth (19 year old) should have signed for PSG by now but he's adamant he wants to work with Poch,

Would agree, Alli has outstanding individual ability but don't think he always sees the picture quick enough (only young I suppose), eriksen is the head and brains of that attack creatively.

Report inca August 17, 2017 11:22 PM BST
To late we already fkd up with Alli least we're consistent.
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 18, 2017 8:20 AM BST
Looks like I missed all the funSad

I do think there's criticism to be made about the centre back situation. CCM, got to say I'd like to see evidence from the club that they're looking at other defenders. We had the VVD farago a couple of months ago and since then, nothing. Klopp's response has been to talk about Plan A players. I think you can go down to plan b or even plan c and still get improvements. We're not exactly talking about the likes of Voronin or Jovanovic levels yet. Centre back is the weakest area of our squad. Klavan's hopeless, Lucas has gone and neither Matip or Lovren would get in City's, Utd's, Chelsea's, Arsenal's or Tottenham's sides. We need at least one, preferably two. I think the fact we haven't brought one in, or at least seemed(*) to make a serious move for another defender is very, very poor.

* - obviously we don't know if moves have been going on behind the scenes, but given how open they were about Salah, Keita and VVD I'd have expected word to be leaked.

All that said, the talk about particular players is nonsense. Sanchez had a load of hype before the Europa League final and was garbage. Looked woeful frankly. He may yet turn out good obviously. But you can't just use another club buying a player as proof we're getting it wrong. And the chat of "I saw VVD years ago and KNEW he was going to make it, therefore our committee is pants" is a bit rubbish too. So you're better than the scouts at Liverpool, at Utd, at Chelsea, at City, at Barca etc etc. Chapeau sir.

I think Klopp needs to move quickly to sort out the defence. If we don't beat Palace, or win but conceded one or two sloppy goals then he'll rightly be criticised for not fixing a long standing problem. I think he needs to think more short term temporarily and get someone in so the fans can see he's aware of the problem and is addressing it. If he comes out again with the "name 5 better defenders than Lovren" line then he'll lose a lot of kudos imo.
Report Latalomne August 18, 2017 8:41 AM BST
PoP's last para.  Bang on the money.
Report Can't Catch Me August 18, 2017 9:51 AM BST
Jedi. Are you going to moan about the club every time there is a good player that we haven't signed?

PoP. All of us agree that we need to sort the defence. I would say it's beyond discussion now, it's just plainly obvious. Maybe I'm placing too much faith in the club, but I just struggle to believe we will have tried for VVD so hard, and now it appears we can't get him, we will just say, oh well, we need to stick with what we have. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

None of us know what is going on behind the scenes. All I am saying is people need to be patient and see how it plays out before being so annoyed. If people think that the club has already f*cked up, then fair enough. I juts see it differently.
Report Latalomne August 18, 2017 10:05 AM BST
Irrespective of what's going on behind the scenes, CCM, a blind man could tell you that there is something intrinsically wrong with how we set up to defend.  Surely that should be getting worked on regardless of who we do/don't bring in?  We should be trying to make the best of what we have instead of repeating the same mistakes over and over again.  THAT is why people are frustrated more than anything, IMHO.
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 18, 2017 10:10 AM BST
Agree with all that CCM. Thing is, the only indication we've had from the club to date has been the VVD chase, the leak of an agreement, then the apology and then, last week or so, the "name me 5 better defenders" nonsense and "only buying plan a". I know you should always take words with a pinch of salt, but the message clearly states I want only the best and, if not, we'll stick with these. Again, I can understand the message can be both a warning to Southampton that we may not come back and also a boost to the current players but when we concede 4 poor goals in 2 games then I think he needs to show he realises it's an issue firstly and then go about fixing it.
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 18, 2017 10:12 AM BST
btw, I'd honestly consider going 5 at the back. We can slot Can back there, so essentially the personnel doesn't even need to change. Remember that spell Rodgers did it and Skrtel went from Blunderman to best CB in the league.
Report Can't Catch Me August 18, 2017 10:28 AM BST
I think it is being worked on though Lat. Do you honestly think Klopp looks at the Watford game and doesn't think he needs to work on it? Or that he is comfortable with the defensive situation? Personally, I don't. The bigger question would be is he up to it, or are this set of players up to it? Why can't Wijnaldum clear a perfectly easy header at the front post? Why didn't Matip even bother to jump to clear a header?

I think there are two issues. Firstly we can't play the attacking style we do and defend solidly. Klopp's preferred style is all out attack. At the end of last season we lost key players and lost a lot of our attacking verve but looked more solid at the back. Klopp is clearly struggling to marry the two.

And secondly the personnel aren't good enough. Hence why he tried to bring VVD in. And why we've signed Robertson. I think he can see the issues as clear as all of us can. He'd have to be pretty thick not to.

Wouldn't be against a back five PoP, especially with the full backs we have. Not sure about Can there myself though, would rather try Gomez if that was the plan. I did wonder if that might be the aim with VVD to be honest.
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 18, 2017 10:39 AM BST
Or Gomez. Would be happy with that. I just remember the transformation in Skrtel. Confidence is huge in football. If you give the defenders an extra presence it might just make them believe that bit more and their game blossom.
Report rothko August 18, 2017 11:00 AM BST
jeepers lets hope he turns into a better player than Skrtel Shocked
Lets hope he can step up - a young career blighted by injury
Report Latalomne August 18, 2017 11:35 AM BST
"Do you honestly think Klopp looks at the Watford game and doesn't think he needs to work on it?"

TBH, Mate, I'd like to think it would have dawned on him an awful lot sooner than the Watford game!!!  The problem I have is that as it stands, we don't look a jot better defensively than we did at the start of his tenure.  I am not convinced that it will be resolved with a straight swap of personnel....  I'm all for PoP's suggestion of trying something different, and it is frustrating that nothing like that has been tried - just the same old, same old, with the same old, same old net result.  I am confident that we will score enough goals at the other end for even a modest improvement at the back to make an enormous difference to our overall prospects.  We are not a million miles away from being a very good, entertaining side.  We can all see the potential....
Report Can't Catch Me August 18, 2017 11:43 AM BST
Agreed mate!
Report dr . atkins August 18, 2017 11:56 AM BST
seeing i have a financial interest in liverpool i have watched their last two games i think of course you need a centre back but i really think you need world class forward
Report Can't Catch Me August 18, 2017 12:58 PM BST
Just what we need. Rumours of a knee injury for Mane and he could be out for a period of time Cry

F*ck me. Cursed with injuries a week into the season.
Report Can't Catch Me August 18, 2017 1:03 PM BST
Seen plenty of talk about Draxler being available now Neymar has gone to PSG, but personally not his biggest fan... of their players who might be available, I think we should look at Grzegorz Krychowiak. Was excellent against us in the Europa Final. Joyce confirming we are looking actively for a central midfielder.
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 18, 2017 1:06 PM BST
christ, no
Report loui August 18, 2017 1:24 PM BST
The back end of last season we improved defensively, and started this one badly, hoping they tighten up as soon as. Can't believe Moreno is back. He still looks a total liability. Get Robbo in there as soon as possible please Mr Klopp. Read back 120 posts, after a quiet summer on here good to see this forum has got its teeth back. Bring on the Palace!!
Report Can't Catch Me August 18, 2017 1:35 PM BST
Can doubtful for tomorrow too.

So we could well be without Coutinho, Lallana, Mane, Can, Clyne, Robertson.

Great. No idea what the team might look like.
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 18, 2017 1:42 PM BST
Bit worried about Henderson too. Rather odd that he was taken off the other night.
Report Can't Catch Me August 18, 2017 1:46 PM BST
Yes hasn't looked 100% in either game so far to me.

On the plus side, we couldn't ask for a better game tomorrow. A team with a new Manager trying to instil a completely different approach to the last Managers. It should be a game where we can rotate and still win. If not, it reflects very, very badly on our squad. Most of the sides around us could put a second team out to win this game imo. We need to be able to do that to if we are to compete on all fronts for a whole season anyway.

More worried about Wednesday and next weekend if both are longer term injuries TBH.
Report inca August 18, 2017 1:49 PM BST
Could be about 5-4 tomorrow just not sure who to
Report inca August 18, 2017 1:51 PM BST
Milner into midfield and Origi up front defence the same
Report Can't Catch Me August 18, 2017 1:51 PM BST
It also means we need to protect Salah and Firmino for the next couple of weeks. Could even see Origi and Sturridge start this. And maybe Woodburn.
Report inca August 18, 2017 1:52 PM BST
Milner into midfield and Origi up front defence the same
Report Can't Catch Me August 18, 2017 1:53 PM BST
I’d rather try Grujic with Hendo and Wijnaldum myself.

I think we need Milner at LB. It’s a game where we need a defensively minded full back, to stop the crosses to Benteke, and Moreno definitely isn’t that man. No idea of Robertson is anywhere near ready, but didn't sound like it in Klopps presser.
Report rothko August 18, 2017 2:02 PM BST
sturridge for me if fit and anyone other than Moreno for LB

Given the Mane situation surely strengthens Klopps hand with FSG

cant we persuade diego and chelsea for a six month deal before he is sold Crazy
Report inca August 18, 2017 2:03 PM BST
Don't disagree CCM but that's what I think Klopp will do not what I would do!!
Report inca August 18, 2017 2:11 PM BST
Strengthen Klopp hand with FSG????
Report rothko August 18, 2017 2:14 PM BST
just in  terms of the injury situation and where the squad is and the risk going into wednesdays game

if we had a fully fit squad everything would be fine
Report TENDY August 18, 2017 2:27 PM BST

Aug 18, 2017 -- 12:17PM, Callisto-moon wrote:

This is our season. Champions.

Maureen playing fantasy Football in transfer market again!
Guarantee to win league and his 2nd season too.
No question about it!

Report PorcupineorPineapple August 18, 2017 3:49 PM BST
Talk that we've rejected another bid for Coutinho. Good work FSG if true.
Report Latalomne August 18, 2017 3:54 PM BST
£114m
Report dr . atkins August 18, 2017 4:19 PM BST
if that true madness if you do not sell
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y August 18, 2017 5:01 PM BST
refused 118m Shocked i hope to good god he will put his head down and give 100% if he is still with us after the transfer window
Report Can't Catch Me August 18, 2017 5:13 PM BST
FSG. Men of their words. Good on them.
Report Latalomne August 18, 2017 5:15 PM BST
I think the game theory article posted yesterday was bang on in terms of it being about setting a marker for other clubs.  Got to respect them for that. 

That said, that's an awful lot of money for him, IMHO....
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 18, 2017 6:49 PM BST
The only good that money would do would be to earn interest in the bank if we ciuldn't get a decent replacemet in.
Report jedi sophie August 18, 2017 7:14 PM BST
Amazing some on here can post up about 300 words generally agreeing with the general direction of your previous posts,yet still feel the need to add in there in one chapter they disagree with one thing you posted!! And basically have a dig!!

Quite sad really!

There is no right or wrong in any of this debate,only opinions,hence why the forum exists.

The schoolboy point scoring is quite off putting actually, and surely would not encourage fellow LFC posters!Something fairly sure we would all like to happen.

As ive said previous i am fairly sure we all see the same things in general,the same issues/mistakes being made by club,disagreement is how we are going about fixing them.Resolving our issues.

IMO the club has failed so far miserably in addressing our main problems in our squad,and are also showing no signs of changing that prior to the window closing,never mind doing so before the season started.
Report jedi sophie August 18, 2017 7:17 PM BST
CCM

No i am not, well actually maybe i will if it is in regard to a Decent Centre half or Goalkeeper..Maybe our Committee is looking for ideas?Read the thread...

Dont seem to have many themselves.

Incidentally why i think we are still not selling PC.No one else lined up!

Now an absolute multitude of players we could legitimately attempt to sign for the fee received, without diminishing our squad!

And no i will not name them for youLaugh
Report jedi sophie August 18, 2017 7:31 PM BST
Do NOT speculate on who we could sign,but lets speculate on if our actual CHs at moment would get in the other teams involved in top 6.Laugh

Then lets speculate on how we resolve our chronic defensive problems.By drafting in subs,changing our shape.Insisting we are in market etc.

Eh by saying that are you not suggesting you know better than our manager!GrinI merely suggested I knew as much as our Transfer Committee!Happy

Something happy to stand by at this moment.LOL

Then lets speculate on what midfielders we may bring in.And who we would rather bring in,based on our own knowledge,feelings.

A tad contradictory imo....

But heyho bring on Palace.YNWA.
Report loui August 18, 2017 7:34 PM BST
It's about time someone helped to destabilize Barcelona and Real they've had it too good for too long
Report anfeild August 18, 2017 7:45 PM BST
VVD started the mess and its continuing imo. Where are the alternatives. Because i know in recent times if liverpool are after a player everyone knows about it. I don't think there is a plan b. The defence is a mess and unless we get in some bodies we are in trouble.
Report dr . atkins August 18, 2017 7:57 PM BST
if you ask 120 million you will get it but some on here don't want to sell CrazyCrazyCrazyLaughLaughLaugh
Report inca August 18, 2017 8:13 PM BST
Get the feeling Jedi is a bit p!ssed off,can understand your frustration Jedi especially when some try to defend the indefensible but I actually think we pretty much all agree what's wrong and what needs doneCcm just seems to be a very optimistic person who sits with his LFC tinted specs on all the time .

Got to say if there is no movement by the end of window Klopp is beginning to look anabsolute fool who is once again underestimating the strength of the English game something Pep did last year but taking no chances this year.

Bit of me thinks it's just a pity we don't have a  decent scouting system which is proactive or I would have said take the PC money stick with what we have already and get 5 quality players however that is not the case and we seem no nearer now than we did at start of window
Report inca August 18, 2017 8:19 PM BST
Oh and Klopp can make all the wise cracks he wants at his press conferences but to say he is more than happy to take current squad into this season I believe it makes him look really foolish
Report anfeild August 18, 2017 9:08 PM BST
I really hope we don't sell Cout because we won't have have a clue how to spend it. We just cant do business the way the top buys do. Miles behind.
Report loui August 18, 2017 9:25 PM BST
Nzonzi good middle midfield player, would improve our team. Not sure about his availability though
Report Can't Catch Me August 18, 2017 11:11 PM BST
I know a few match going lads who are forever moaning about FSG and the fact they are only in it for the money. Might be hard for them to explain the fact they've turned this bid down, if that's the case.

It is an obscene amount of money, and even in today's market, it's overpriced imo. But as we've said, the money isn't much good to us at this stage of things.
Report neill d August 18, 2017 11:40 PM BST
think they should take it myself, they'll probably have Van Dijk and Keita next summer for it, its supposed to be a project.

Coutinho is a super player, but they can drop Lallana back in there and salah has added frightening pace up top. They might even get to sign someone like Draxler or whoever with it, even if I'm not sure he is dynamic enough for Klopp, though I ain't seen much of him.

Why have Barca no interest in M'Bappe, anyone? Could surely play from the left being an Henry hybrid.
Report Can't Catch Me August 18, 2017 11:44 PM BST
Fans won't wait a year though neill. It's just how it is these days. I'd agree that VVD and Keita are worth waiting and have said the same thing myself, but think very few others would agree.
Report neill d August 18, 2017 11:52 PM BST
the way of the world, you're right.

Two super players. Might be a bit more sense to the market this time next year as well, who knows? I just wouldn't say ye are particularly stuck for options going forward. Lallana being injured is a real ballz. Coutinho is obviously top-class and more of a dribbler shooter, but don't think there is as much as people think between Coutinho and Lallana when Lallana is really firing.

He's a late developer and getting the extra responsibility if Coutinho goes could drive him on to the next level. Keep both ideally but there'd be potential for City or United like spending next summer if this cash is pocketed now. Keita/VVD plus 2 more 50 million pound players. Klopp clearly has no interest in bulking out the squad for the sake of it. I'd agree with him when he says that it would be quite hard to buy a centre-back better than Lovren who is available and willing to come.
Report neill d August 18, 2017 11:55 PM BST
Having witnessed Manchester United spend mid-range cash (as well as the serious money) on a lot of very average players in recent seasons; on the likes of Blind, Rojo, Fellaini, Darmien, Depay (who should've been 20 mill not 30), i think Klopp's approach is correct.

Much prefer what Mourinho is doing, even if it is a bit obscene.
Report neill d August 18, 2017 11:57 PM BST
Fellaini should've been 20mill
Report layingisthewayforward August 19, 2017 7:39 AM BST
Can't Catch Me • August 18, 2017 12:58 PM BST
Just what we need. Rumours of a knee injury for Mane and he could be out for a period of time Cry

I can't find anything online about this injury, anyone heard anything ?
Report Can't Catch Me August 19, 2017 7:58 AM BST
I can't find anything either laying, but the poster on the other forum is normally spot on.
Report Can't Catch Me August 19, 2017 7:59 AM BST
Agree with what you say neill. Apart from the Lovren bit maybe! I think this approach is the only way long term.
Report Can't Catch Me August 19, 2017 8:01 AM BST
Actually forget that laying:

Sadio Mané is unlikely to start against Crystal Palace today as a precaution having missed training on Thursday. (Paul Joyce)
Report layingisthewayforward August 19, 2017 8:19 AM BST
thanks CCM
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now