Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DoggyLFC
21 Aug 08 15:26
| Topic/replies: 20,111 | Blogger: DoggyLFC's blog
Is there one knocking about? If not, it's high time we had one IMO.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Liverpool discussion thread
Show More
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 14, 2018 9:56 AM GMT
Given the current positions then second third fourth and fifth are all available also the teams filling those are all big clubs

Arsenal who are behind but capable and usually do finish a season well could yet put pressure on the group above but will need assistance possibly from the above teams

As they all have to play a number of the top six around them whilst victory in those games would be a real bonus and momentum changer it's the game after that will shape the table as winning one of those games then losing the next will nullify any points advantage as these teams don't often lose back to back games

It's like breaking serve in tennis then failing to hold your own serve I would say Chelsea have the harder fixtures I think Spurs possibly the best

All teams continued participation in cl will also play a part and any other added fixtures may impinge be interesting to see who fills what positions and who can keep key players fit as well as maybe unearth a unlikely hero
Report anxious February 14, 2018 10:59 AM GMT
A Punch drunk maybe but a boxer ive never been so insulted charwell
Report loui February 14, 2018 1:22 PM GMT
Have seen Porto in 2 of their group games and they’re dangerous going forward, don’t know if it will be a game where both teams go toe to toe, but will be a cracker if it is. Or maybe we’ll play it a bit tighter with view to 2nd leg. I’d like us to go for it tonight, we’re more reliable on the road.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 14, 2018 1:27 PM GMT
Not actually seen them play but read they are only unbeaten team in all comps in Europe so if that's they are obviously used to winning games and must be consistent at a level

Think we came through a weak group probably only united group weaker should be interesting game
Report loui February 14, 2018 8:00 PM GMT
Great block by Lovren there, even if we got lucky
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 14, 2018 8:11 PM GMT
Laugh holy sheet how bad was the keeper there, keeping Casilles out of the team and all
Report loui February 14, 2018 8:14 PM GMT
Get in there Salah
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 14, 2018 8:14 PM GMT
great stuff, now control the game and try do them on the counter
Report PorcupineorPineapple February 14, 2018 8:43 PM GMT
Remember how good Suarez was in 13/14?

He got 31 goals

Salah's got 30.

Now check the calendar.

#Perspective
Report stridingedge February 14, 2018 8:43 PM GMT
Have to say expected more from them. Our mid 3 have worked very well to cut out a lot of their play before it's allowed to get going, need the energy to hold up. Would think Milner may be the first to flag and any sign of this need a sub straight away.

Can definitely see the threat if our energy were to drop like we have seen before in the 2nd half.

At the other end we were 1 sloppy ball away from another 4 or 5 big chances!

Would be nice to keep the same sort of possession, no foolish risks from here, chances must present themselves as they push on more.

Let's hope we can keep it going with some sensible game management.
Report PorcupineorPineapple February 14, 2018 8:43 PM GMT
Remember how good Suarez was in 13/14?

He got 31 goals

Salah's got 30.

Now check the calendar.

#Perspective
Report loui February 14, 2018 8:59 PM GMT
We're too much for them, Milners slotted in great tonight.
Report rommel February 14, 2018 9:04 PM GMT

Feb 13, 2018 -- 11:11AM, anxious wrote:

i would think 1-1 or 2-1 porto , i am a but puzzled as to why you are favourites

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report rommel February 14, 2018 9:04 PM GMT
anx the seer
Report rommel February 14, 2018 9:37 PM GMT
he also said were gonna get wuppedLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report stridingedge February 14, 2018 9:42 PM GMT
No negatives there tonight.

Did a proper job on them, Trent for his years excellent in a game like that, Robbo on the other side very composed. Everyone worked their socks off to stop them playing and the usual suspects in the goals yet again.

Thank god Mane finally gets the roll his way, If that doesn't boost him now nothing will, having him back on song would make a big difference to us on the run in.

10 days off but these players must be fully wired after this break, we have thrown in the odd clanger from this scenario before after a great performance and a bit of time off, can't afford any slips v the hammers on our return to action.

Milner must have broke the WR for annoying clumsy fouls without seeing a card Laugh

Good Stuff, chuffed.
Report crystalhunt February 14, 2018 9:44 PM GMT
Now that VVD is settled in,it's going to take a good team to beat us. Some of his long passes were Gerrardesque. Having Henderson back has made a big difference.
Report PorcupineorPineapple February 14, 2018 10:01 PM GMT
Thought for both full backs it was a significant game. Robertson has been very good and has had the place because of good performances. I think tonight might have transcended that: tonight he officially became first choice. Trent showed he's not just an attacking full back. Complete performance tonight. Did both sides brilliantly.

Also, Milner'' best showing at centre mid? Thought the whole midfield was excellent but he was brilliant.

Lastly, the whole team. We're seeing a team who completely get and trust their tactics and carry them out. They see Klopp gets it and do their job knowing it's the right thing to do.

Of maybe we just played another poor team...
Report rommel February 14, 2018 10:07 PM GMT
onward...great night
Report rothko February 14, 2018 10:12 PM GMT
PorcupineorPineapple • February 14, 2018 10:01 PM GMT

Thought for both full backs it was a significant game. Robertson has been very good and has had the place because of good performances. I think tonight might have transcended that: tonight he officially became first choice

Pop he was first choice a few weeks back in most supporters eyes you need to catch up

see that clyne is back training - the forgotten man

will be difficult for him to get back in
Report degsy42 February 14, 2018 10:17 PM GMT
cant say much apart from , fecking boss
Report Capt__F February 14, 2018 10:37 PM GMT
Great performance

Milner superb

so pleased for Mane

Jurgen the Boss
Report PorcupineorPineapple February 14, 2018 11:06 PM GMT
Roth - he got in because Moreno and I think he stayed in because, after a couple of dodgy games, he started to shpe what he could do.

I think he's now reached the stage where he's earned Klopp's trust and is first choice whatever. Was ace tonight.
Report Capt__F February 14, 2018 11:27 PM GMT
anxious
anxious 12 Feb 18 00:06 Joined: 14 May 15 | Topic/replies: 19,973 | Blogger: anxious's blog
Rimmer you guys will get whacked in Portugal
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 14, 2018 11:32 PM GMT
Despite not having much to do I'm glad karius kept a clean sheet his starting position is good he's alert to what's happening in front of him and his distribution is quicker and more decisive

Now has a clear run in the team hopefully take his chance I know he has a 50 percent clean sheet record admittedly over a short sample ratio not sure of his win lose ratio

I think he may make the grade
Report Capt__F February 14, 2018 11:36 PM GMT
think VVD had a say who is No 1
Report inca February 14, 2018 11:38 PM GMT
Good stuff all round,positive contributions from all.

And yes POP please catch up most on here were convinced along time ago Robertson was far superior to Moreno,probably only you and perhaps one other who seemed to have had some knock on the head regarding the headless chicken one.................surprised you haven’t said you found it a bit DULL............

Grin back to the beer now
Report inca February 14, 2018 11:40 PM GMT
Certainly positive signs with regards to Karius.
Report anxious February 14, 2018 11:43 PM GMT
Scouse have no chance of winning this or any competition , face reality guys no chance at all
Report inca February 14, 2018 11:44 PM GMT
Back to your own thread please
Report degsy42 February 14, 2018 11:45 PM GMT
correct anxious but lets enjoy the ride , your turn on the rollercoaster  next week r kid
Report PorcupineorPineapple February 14, 2018 11:45 PM GMT
Me and one other

I take it Jurgen was the other.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 14, 2018 11:47 PM GMT
I think at least his moment I'd say they have more chance than a few others but they still have to play I'd expect Madrid juventus Bayern Barca to all progress so plenty of big names could be in the next round
Report anxious February 14, 2018 11:47 PM GMT
hey guys if we dont wake up we could lose in Seville , thats the reality
Report inca February 14, 2018 11:49 PM GMT
Quick check back Anx didn’t see anyone saying we were going to win it...........go back to your own thread and do your usual hypocritical moan about clubs spending money,any United fan complaining about others spending money must have been living on the fkg moon
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 14, 2018 11:50 PM GMT
Sevilla I would say have improved a little since the group stages but I didn't think they were that good imo they managed two draws from positions they should have been well beaten from

However lookbit stronger now imo
Report anxious February 14, 2018 11:50 PM GMT
inca calm down la ,  youse had a very good result there tonight , porto are no mugs in european football so i dont think anyone seen that result coming
Report degsy42 February 14, 2018 11:51 PM GMT
according to roy keane youll definately beat them , might as well take his word for it r kid
Report anxious February 14, 2018 11:52 PM GMT
degsy it how we play and what formation he plays that will determine the result , they have improved a bit since montella arrived
Report degsy42 February 14, 2018 11:53 PM GMT
nope roy keane says your nailed on
Report anxious February 14, 2018 11:54 PM GMT
did not watch your game watched Madrid v psg  was a good game but both teams looked a bit dodgy
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 14, 2018 11:54 PM GMT
I would think a draw in the home leg would be my prediction have no clue about the game in Seville
Report anxious February 14, 2018 11:55 PM GMT
Its wide open this year i think , a lot will depend on the luck of the draw in later stages
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 14, 2018 11:56 PM GMT
I think there won't be many easy ties in the quarters
Report anxious February 14, 2018 11:57 PM GMT
Would think Barcelona will beat chelsea , bayern beat besiktas , Shaktar to beat roma ,
Report anxious February 14, 2018 11:59 PM GMT
think psg could still go through
Report inca February 14, 2018 11:59 PM GMT
My prediction is it will be sh1t to watch.....

Might end up with just us and City through,Juve not finished yet,Barca will have to much for Chelsea and United are just Sh1t.
Report anxious February 14, 2018 11:59 PM GMT
Tottenham i think beat Juve but close
Report anxious February 15, 2018 12:00 AM GMT
inca if we are that bad why are you not above us in the league?
Report inca February 15, 2018 12:02 AM GMT
Fk knows Anx Fk knows !!!!!!!hopefully not for much longer not even convinced you will finish top 4
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 15, 2018 12:03 AM GMT
I'd go Barca Madrid Bayern juventus city Roma Liverpool  anyone  is the draw seeded or open .?
Report anxious February 15, 2018 12:04 AM GMT
no the reason is youse still have major issues yourself especially in defence goalie etc , thats the reason
Report anxious February 15, 2018 12:05 AM GMT
draw is open for quarters
Report rommel February 15, 2018 10:37 AM GMT
have to back seville to qual when the market firms up
Report anxious February 15, 2018 10:40 AM GMT
United 4-11 Sevilla 11-5  to qualify  365
Report rommel February 15, 2018 10:48 AM GMT
havent seen seville at all any good?
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 15, 2018 10:52 AM GMT
I'd say better than Bristol city a little better than Newcastle and Huddersfield but not as good as city Spurs
Report rommel February 15, 2018 10:54 AM GMT
then utd mighthave  some problems
Report anxious February 15, 2018 10:55 AM GMT
They were poor early in season , drew with youse twice didnt they in group stages , since montella took over in January  they have improved only lost  1 in about 9 , 5th in la liga  seen a bit of them the other week  could cause problems but im not sure about them defensively, could be close but if we get our heads together we should go through
Report anxious February 15, 2018 10:56 AM GMT
Dont like them prices though , 4-11 to qualify is shocking price
Report rommel February 15, 2018 10:58 AM GMT
dont think utd are shaping into any sort of outfit-and they should be by now
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 15, 2018 11:01 AM GMT
Think they have good home record in Europe as a club and have won the Europa three times on the run I think which probably demonstrates they are not quite top drawer

However we have a match between the last four winners of the Europa cup and it's a match up more fitting to that competition imo
Report anxious February 15, 2018 11:04 AM GMT
Didnt they beat you in the final RP 2 years ago 3-1 after you were leading 1-0 at half time ?
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 15, 2018 11:04 AM GMT
Yes
Report anxious February 15, 2018 11:05 AM GMT
Flopp was in tears at the end i think , as were most of the mickeys in the ground
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 15, 2018 11:06 AM GMT
Don't remember him crying but if you say he was then he must have been think they were better then than this season in the group stages
Report rommel February 15, 2018 11:08 AM GMT

Feb 15, 2018 -- 5:05AM, anxious wrote:

Flopp was in tears at the end i think , as were most of the mickeys in the ground

do you never tire of being a fckn bell?

Report anxious February 15, 2018 11:10 AM GMT
Whats up rimmer  with showing emotion , i remember the mickeys crying into their hankies and Klopp tearful to after the game
Report rommel February 15, 2018 11:10 AM GMT
we'll get the hankies out for yous in seville eh
Report rommel February 15, 2018 11:10 AM GMT
call me that again n ill block ya
Report anxious February 15, 2018 11:13 AM GMT
do whatever you wish rimmer , it reminded me of 2014 when likckle stevie cried after he slipped against chelsea
Report anxious February 15, 2018 11:20 AM GMT
Whats up have you grassed on me again ?
Report rommel February 15, 2018 11:21 AM GMT
pleasing,you live in the past,every day its a torrent of unfunny mush,lickle stevie ffs
Report rommel February 15, 2018 11:21 AM GMT
dont grass on people,look elsewhere
Report anxious February 15, 2018 11:22 AM GMT
Bit like yourself isnt coming on the United thread day in day out giving it large , when its returned you cant hack it
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 15, 2018 11:22 AM GMT
See in the junior comp Liverpool and united drawn together
Report anxious February 15, 2018 11:23 AM GMT
yeah i seen that RP , when is that
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 15, 2018 11:24 AM GMT
Mid march think thirteenth poss
Report rommel February 15, 2018 11:26 AM GMT

Feb 15, 2018 -- 5:23AM, anxious wrote:

The contents of this post have been hidden for this blocked user.               

[Manage blocked users]

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report rommel February 15, 2018 11:27 AM GMT

[Manage blocked users]

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report rommel February 15, 2018 11:28 AM GMT

[Manage blocked users]

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report rommel February 15, 2018 11:29 AM GMT
Capt__F • February 14, 2018 11:27 PM GMT
anxious
anxious 12 Feb 18 00:06 Joined: 14 May 15 | Topic/replies: 19,973 | Blogger: anxious's blog
Rimmer you guys will get whacked in Portugal
Report rommel February 15, 2018 11:30 AM GMT
AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Report anxious February 15, 2018 11:30 AM GMT
Friday 9th March Liverpool v Manchester United
Report anxious February 15, 2018 11:31 AM GMT
Dear me somebodys throwing a tizzy again ffs Crazy
Report Can't Catch Me February 15, 2018 2:17 PM GMT
Well that was a most pleasant evening Grin

Where do you even start? Every single player was superb. Was most impressed with the balance of the midfield. Hendo is making a real difference now he's back and thought we looked better without Can. More disciplined and harder working. Not many superlatives left for Bobby and Salah, and great to see Mane back to something like his best. Fingers crossed he's peaking at the right time. Philippe who?! Even the back five looked excellent. TAA is improving all the time, Robbo was superb and VVD just makes everything look easy. Karius might even turn out to be a decent goalie yet. 

Porto's first defeat this season and biggest ever home defeat in Europe. Highest scoring team in the competition, we have three of the top five scorers in the whole competition in our team, and a the new record win by an English club in the knockout stages of the CL.

Third in the league and through to the CL QF's for the first time in a decade.

Im starting to see sense... #Klopp out.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 15, 2018 2:36 PM GMT
I thought mane over all still not quite at it but obviously he has it

I'm sure this will have a positive effect Robertson is looking excellent always on the front foot very positive lots of energy

Defence did well although not extended wynaldum does so many unheralded work

Notice we seem to be bringing on the extra center back later in games possibly protecting the clean sheet in hope to stop it becoming a media thing every game
Report Can't Catch Me February 15, 2018 2:49 PM GMT
Think its more to help rest key players RP.

Saw some stat last week about Salah, Mane, Bobby and their game minutes played versus other teams key players and they were significantly less. I suppose coming off 20 mins early wherever possible massively helps them over the course of a long season.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 15, 2018 3:01 PM GMT
In was surprised he risked salah for the full game I can understand mane as he was on hattrick
Um not complaining about the tactic just noticed it

I think players like lallana ings solanke need game time
Report PorcupineorPineapple February 15, 2018 3:12 PM GMT
One of the good things about things about last night is that it makes the second leg almost a formality and allows us to rest some key players before going to Old Trafford a few days later. Would hope to see a front 3 featuring Solanke, Ings and one of Lallana or Chamberlain at home and also maybe even Woodburn getting some game time.

Hopefully Porto also see it as game over and play their first teamers against Sporting the weekend before and send some kids over.
Report Can't Catch Me February 15, 2018 3:21 PM GMT
Totally agree PoP. Massive bonus for us. Perfect game to get some minutes into Gomez and Moreno too. Think Id keep playing VVD myself as he seems to be getting better every game as his fitness improves.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 15, 2018 4:43 PM GMT
jesus this thread is pretty much unreadable due to 2 nonces whose mental age barely adds up to the amount we scored last night, ffs
Report pushkin99 February 15, 2018 7:27 PM GMT
Wonderful game and result last nite. Best for me was Mane's goals, such a welcome boost for him and his confidence. IMHO Mane has needed more of an arm around him from Klopp - which he has been getting recently - and to feel genuinely valued. I think we are going to see Mane back to his best again for much of the rest of the season, just what Liverpool need.
Report Can't Catch Me February 15, 2018 7:59 PM GMT
Mad stat of the day:

Liverpool this season:

Won 4-0 twice
Won 5-0 twice
Won 7-0 twice

Won 1-0 once
Report zafonic1515 February 16, 2018 5:40 PM GMT
Terrific display.
Porto no mugs, no matter how some suggested that they were. 2nd game on trot we nicked in front and then just utterly dominated the opposition.
Where do you start with the front three? Genuinely question whether you would swap them as a three for any other, worth debating for sure.
Sensational stuff, unstoppable when in form,fit and flying..

No passengers at all. Everyone 8,9,10..

Vvd a huge difference for me, huge. And will continue to improve as been injured a while, all the stuff in head over move, wait till fully settled and fit....

Another difference maker is Robertson, different class to Moreno, more energy, better defender and final ball, should be left back from now on for sure.

And finally cannot state how happy I am it finally seems the manager has decided Mignolet is not good enough, not before time.Karius has clocked it now too and genuinely hope he can really progress and improve with the confidence knowing he will be in goals.
Period of rest and 6pts before the biggest game of season so far imo.
Report zafonic1515 February 16, 2018 5:42 PM GMT
I also feel should rest the front three. No chances at all. Play ings,solanke,Lapland.
All need time on pitch.
Doubt they be at full strength...
Report charwell. February 16, 2018 5:48 PM GMT
Seriously anxious, if you want proper responses why do you persist on spouting sh1t such as Flopp, Mersey Port, Mickeys etc...... you really are an abhorrent character with far too much time on his hands and not much between the ears.

I think Porto are in abattle for league/cup double so chances are they will send over a 2nd string. Good chance to give the squad a game and keep the main men fresh for Utd.
Report rothko February 16, 2018 8:17 PM GMT
Another difference maker is Robertson, different class to Moreno, more energy, better defender and final ball, should be left back from now on for sure

totally agree Zafonoc
Moreno shouldn't have kicked a ball for us after the Europa final - absolute dog of a defender - just shyte

Klopp will make a mistake sometimes - wish he had phoned me up I would have put him right WinkWink
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 17, 2018 9:40 AM GMT
I've been impressed with Robertson but I have to say he's been excellently handled by the manager and I think we are seeing the rewards

Having said few pages back after he got a oouple of starts he will imo become the best left back in the league if avoiding injury has a lot of ability and also plenty of yet unfulfilled potential
Report anxious February 17, 2018 9:10 PM GMT

Feb 16, 2018 -- 11:48AM, charwell. wrote:

Seriously anxious, if you want proper responses why do you persist on spouting sh1t such as Flopp, Mersey Port, Mickeys etc...... you really are an abhorrent character with far too much time on his hands and not much between the ears.I think Porto are in abattle for league/cup double so chances are they will send over a 2nd string. Good chance to give the squad a game and keep the main men fresh for Utd.

An abhorrent character thats a long word for you charwell

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now