Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DoggyLFC
21 Aug 08 15:26
| Topic/replies: 1,491 | Blogger: DoggyLFC's blog
Is there one knocking about? If not, it's high time we had one IMO.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Liverpool discussion thread
Show More
Report inca December 11, 2017 9:20 AM GMT
Rp it’s not hindsight,we should have started with our strongest team it’s a derby ffs we had we would have hammered them one of the worst Evertont teams for a while and we let them off!!

Klopp maybe trying to be to smart !
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 11, 2017 9:39 AM GMT
Fair enough inca.

As I've said, I'm hardly writing him off. I liked him before he joined and I've liked what I've seen previously. Just thought he was a bit below par yesterday.
Report MrMeaner December 11, 2017 9:58 AM GMT
Wonder what side Klopp will put out for the FA Cup tie against these ? Hope he takes it a bit more seriously than he did last year. Losing at home to inferior opposition is unacceptable. Losing at home to Everton by not fielding your strongest team would be unforgivable.
Report unclepuncle December 11, 2017 9:59 AM GMT
Should we have won - Yes.

Did we win - No.

Grounhog day anyone?
Report unclepuncle December 11, 2017 10:00 AM GMT
^Groundhog
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 11, 2017 10:23 AM GMT
I used the term hindsight as that's all it can be if we'd have fielded our most popular starting line up there's no guarantee we would have won

I mean we've fielded stronger teams and had similar results so in hindsight maybe we would have won

But I don't think the team fielded pit on a poor or substandard performance

They didn't get over the line and that's frustrating but not as if they played poorly

I think even Everton fans will agree they were totally outplayed but in games like that were one nil is virtually the same as nil nil in terms of how it effects opposition attitude to gaining a point

A second goal allows u that one error from either player or official

So yes we can debate possibilities and player selection but at the end of the day we gained a point on Chelsea a point on United kept arsenal at bay fell two further behind city

Could have been better but sometimes u have to take what u get try and learn from it and move on
Report jedi sophie December 11, 2017 11:22 AM GMT
Great draw......
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 11, 2017 11:33 AM GMT
Yep. Top of their league and got through a fairly tough group edging out Leipzig while Monaco were dreadful. Neither Sporting or Benfica (nul points) qualified so hopefully a sign that Portuguese footy isn't ace right now.

Some nice ties elsewhere too that will take out some decent sides. Got to do our own jobs first like.
Report Can't Catch Me December 11, 2017 12:01 PM GMT
Still spewing about yesterday I must admit. We have had some one sided draws in our time, but that has to be right up there with the worst. Complete and utter domination.

I can understand why some are annoyed at Klopp for starting with that XI, but truth be told, there is only one man to blame for us not getting 3 points and its isnt the bespectacled German. Absolute disgrace from the ref. Really, really bad. The more I watch it the worse it gets and Im staggered that anyone, including some professional pundits, think it was a f*cking pen! Lovren is running in a perfectly straight line and Calvert Lewin actually moves into him.

Such a shame that another big game has been ruined by the officials.... and our sorry luck on the big decisions this season continues.

Its madness, but hardly surprising for this thread, that Klopp is getting so much abuse. The team he picked was plenty good enough to win that game.

My biggest gripe with the starting eleven wasn't the front four, but Milner and Hendo in midfield again. It just doesnt work, especially not in games like that where we need to be on the front foot. We badly miss Wijnaldum's guile when he doesnt play. Thought OX Chambo did well myself.

And even though Roberson was decent enough, on what Ive seen the last two games, I dont think anyone can credibly moan about Moreno being picked ahead of him.

Feels like a really bad two points taken away when you consider the other results. Hopefully we can channel that frustration the right way on Wednesday.

Made up with the CL draw. Slightly lifted my mood, but not much Sad
Report jedi sophie December 11, 2017 12:32 PM GMT
Dont you think if selcted same side as Cl win we may well have been out of sight CCM..?
Not giving opportunity for debatable penalty award?
Not sure manager getting abuse but some myself included think he made a few errors which unfortunately we did not get away with..Our usual to be fair, you make your own luck in general.....
Presser after was embarrassing.
Beat Porto a huge tie awaits,Man u please....
Report unclepuncle December 11, 2017 12:38 PM GMT
I can understand the ref giving it (and pundits agreeing). Go to the 6.00min mark on this video as this is the crucial replay as it is the view the ref had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml-k5CwwbYw

Ultimately Lovren didn't need to be in any contact with him - maybe if we had managed to buy a couple of centre halfs last summer and ditched the dross that caused us so many issues last season we wouldn't be having this debate.Confused
Report rommel December 11, 2017 1:01 PM GMT

Dec 11, 2017 -- 6:32AM, jedi sophie wrote:

Dont you think if selcted same side as Cl win we may well have been out of sight CCM..?Not giving opportunity for debatable penalty award?Not sure manager getting abuse but some myself included think he made a few errors which unfortunately we did not get away with..Our usual to be fair, you make your own luck in general.....Presser after was embarrassing.Beat Porto a huge tie awaits,Man u please....

jed youd really want man utd?couldnt imagine a worse draw really-maybe just me

Report jedi sophie December 11, 2017 1:06 PM GMT
Dam right I would.....There not very good, and format suits us imo...
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 11, 2017 1:08 PM GMT
Would want to avoid Utd. Wouldn't mind a decent team instead. Someone who'll try and attack and leave a couple of gaps rather than just play for pens.
Report duncan idaho December 11, 2017 1:08 PM GMT
dont think Lovren did anything different to what any defender would do in circs..follows the player and ball across and wasnt close to making contact until C-L jumps into him. Fair enough, the ref only gets one look and has been deceived..but for pundits and others to watch replays from all angles and still think it's a pen is beyond me.

all well and good saying play your best team but we were abject last January and if Klopp (& backroom staff) feels that was due to fitness levels/injuries thru being overplayed he would be negligent not to guard against same this time round
Report Can't Catch Me December 11, 2017 1:15 PM GMT
Agree with everything you say Duncan.

Ive watched it several times uncle. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Im of the view that every fan and Manager in the land would be aggrieved if they had that given against them.

Jedi... I can understand the argument, but even if our so called best eleven had played, we dont know we'd have been out of sight. Everton were very well organised and exceptionally defensive. It wouldnt have been easy for anyone.
Report Can't Catch Me December 11, 2017 1:18 PM GMT
Phil Neville on that commentary uncle. Not a penalty, never a penalty at all.

As duncan says, I can accept its hard for the ref, but I just cant believe anyone with the benefit of a video replay thinks it is. As i said, Lovren runs in a straight line and DCL actually moves into him.
Report Can't Catch Me December 11, 2017 1:18 PM GMT
The angle from behind the pitch as Everton fans would have seen it, is the best imo.
Report lfc1971 December 11, 2017 1:49 PM GMT
The defender is at fault , you don't push someone in the penalty box
Madness given the situation , that's all there is to it
Report Can't Catch Me December 11, 2017 2:06 PM GMT
Had he actually pushed him, I would agree with you. But he didnt.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 11, 2017 2:08 PM GMT
To be fair lovren should have headed the cross away in the first place it was a cross from forty yards out maybe more in the air for so long not a whipped in one from dead ball line

I don't know hink it was a pen myself but you get yourself in that position and make ant contact with your hands u give the ref the option

He's a centerbforward of limited ability chasing a ball heading towards touch there is no way he's going to beat the centre half the covering klavan and the keeper plus he had no support within 40 odd yard

Poor defending poor decision in the end frustrating couple of points dropped nothing's changed we need to get to the head of the chasing pack
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 11, 2017 2:09 PM GMT
lol I don't think it was a pen
Report 3 valleys December 11, 2017 2:18 PM GMT
One of reasons I and all LFC fans disappointed today is that 3 points would have taken us into 3rd place and the table would be looking rosier. I don't think it was a pen but understand why its given ref's view would have been Lovrens hand going (apparently) onto the forwards back and down he goes.
As for the performance Henderson just isn't the right choice in a game when the opposition park the bus he needs a touch too many stops momentum and then passes square
Solanke - glad he got a chance but then we didn't play a style that incorporated a target man - probably because we have got used to playing a much more fluid passing style with rapid interchanges
Salah sub baffling he was running show - would have been ok if it was 3-0 but not at 1-0
Anyway move on hopefully some lessons learnt by manager and players and a cup draw that could have been a lot harsher and as someone has already pointed out a draw that helps thin out the quality at quite an early stage
Report 1st time poster December 11, 2017 2:25 PM GMT
at least the reff didn't pull salah up for pushing ,throwing everton defender to the floor before his goal,that allowed pool to escape with a point, LaughLaugh
Report 1st time poster December 11, 2017 3:00 PM GMT
you can imagine klopp in the boot room
right weve got 4 lg games coming up brighton,everton,west brom,and bournmouth

which one should we play a few stiffs in and play the kid up front,

I no the everton game

sounds like a plan boss, NOT
Report Can't Catch Me December 11, 2017 3:08 PM GMT
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/940156358816686080

Anyone who thinks that is a pen shouldn't be allowed out of their own home unsupervised.
Report rommel December 11, 2017 3:29 PM GMT
ccm,on that cant even see any basis for any decision,just swallow it-move on,still a desperate result has to be said,getting a good loathing up for big sam tho ha
Report inca December 12, 2017 12:51 AM GMT
So after a whole 2 games  CCM your convinced Moreno is way ahead of Robertson you are having a fkg laugh 2 fkg games!!!!!Moreno gets the luxury of Phil playing is little friend in,Robertson has Milner and Hendo

Also where is all this abuse Klopp is getting on here can’t really see it about everyone on here including you have questioned his starting eleven that’s hardly getting abuse,I also said didn’t agree with Salah change but hardly alone in that..

We just seem to go 3 steps forward and then 2 back,our fixtures are kind to us over the festive period so we need to take full advantage,think we will have a far clearer picture by the end of the month
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 12, 2017 11:14 AM GMT
I can empathise with your three steps forward one back scenario ad it sometimes feels like the backward steps are self initiated

It will be like this at times for us and every other side united Spurs Chelsea arsenal all of these teams have followed this path this season

As the league goes on some will take two forward two back others two forward three back I've said here earlier this season when we were 8th that we would clean me the table but there would be setbacks each week and lifts when others faulted

I thought or predicted we would be second and challenging by the end of or just into the new year and I stick with that  one step at a time w need to overhaul the two teams above us first

Then we gain he reward of any thing given away from the leaders
Report Can't Catch Me December 12, 2017 12:43 PM GMT
inca. Im genuinely intrigued how you've got from Post A to Post B Confused

Post A
Joined: 02 Apr 03 | Topic/replies: 26,141 | Blogger: Can't Catch Me's blog
And even though Roberson was decent enough, on what Ive seen the last two games, I dont think anyone can credibly moan about Moreno being picked ahead of him.

Post B
inca 12 Dec 17 00:51 Joined: 28 Jun 03 | Topic/replies: 1,486 | Blogger: inca's blog
So after a whole 2 games  CCM your convinced Moreno is way ahead of Robertson you are having a fkg laugh
Report The Dragon December 12, 2017 4:12 PM GMT
never a pen an a dradgul result iven the chance gven by ther top four contenders, Still think we are top 4 tea and will get there by end of the season
Report Nilsson Schmilsson December 12, 2017 5:12 PM GMT
My LFC starting xi tombola has given this xi for tomorrow

sm
taa dl rk ar
gw ec aoc
ms pc
rf
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 12, 2017 5:45 PM GMT
I reckon Mane for Salah but otherwise agree.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 13, 2017 10:26 AM GMT
Klopp says Salah taken off on sunday as a precaution due to a slight hamstring problem.

Clears that up I suppose.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 13, 2017 10:30 AM GMT
Dan Kennett on twitter makes a good point. We had Salah there feeling something, Coutinho missed training after Spartak and Mané's already had 2 spells out due to hamstring strains.

Reckon we'll be seeing them rotated quite often and we'll be seeing a lot of Ox and Solanke in the next few weeks.

Don't want any of them snapping a muscle and being out for 3 months.
Report Latalomne December 13, 2017 10:35 AM GMT
Hopefully Lallana and Ings can be reintegrated properly, too.  Would definitely take some of the pressure off.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 13, 2017 10:53 AM GMT
I've more or less given up on Ings. Lad needs to get off and start playing some football again. Not right that he's a reserve player. I'd be keen on freeing up a space for the likes of Brewster to get on the bench occasionally.
Report Latalomne December 13, 2017 11:21 AM GMT
Klopp presumably thinks there's still a player in there given his willingness to bring him on on Sunday....
Report 1st time poster December 13, 2017 12:32 PM GMT
oh  come on lads ,klopp fooks up doesn't play phil and takes of salah when games still up for grabs.then when he gets pelters phils suddenly missed training and salah has a niggle,always had l,pool fans as better than that, Sad
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 13, 2017 12:51 PM GMT
Not sure he made any mistake picked a team who restricted the opposition dominated possession took the lead if mistakes where made then I would think others can take more of the blame imo

Not as if he picked a team who got dominated conceeded a coupe of goals and got beat now that's a mistake imo
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 13, 2017 1:12 PM GMT
At the end of the day if fans picked the team we would pick the same players every week based on name reputation and ability at their peak

In reality players only peak for short periods don't all peak together ability remains but form dips so rotation is inevitable sensible and although carryning a risk of lack of continuity is nesecarry imo

We complain about having a weak squad in past seasons now we have a strong one and should not be worried about using it
Report 1st time poster December 13, 2017 1:26 PM GMT
quite agree about you cant predict a players form etc which makes the argument about rotation even worse, if a player plays well for 18/20 times a season out of 38 great,getting them same good games out of 30 games reduces the chances to almost remote, players play themselves in and out of form not by been sat on the bench,salanki could have hit his straps, play brilliantly but he no,s he wont get 10 games on the bounce no matter how well he plays, its rotation by numbers and just as much a gamble as playing a player in every available game,most players will get their natural break by injury,suspension etc
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 13, 2017 1:31 PM GMT
I think rotation is always viewed in hindsight and is result dependent imo
Report Latalomne December 13, 2017 1:39 PM GMT

Dec 13, 2017 -- 6:32AM, 1st time poster wrote:

oh  come on lads ,klopp fooks up doesn't play phil and takes of salah when games still up for grabs.then when he gets pelters phils suddenly missed training and salah has a niggle,always had l,pool fans as better than that,

The Echo ran the story about Couts missing training ON Friday.

Report Latalomne December 13, 2017 1:40 PM GMT

Dec 13, 2017 -- 7:12AM, REDUNDANT PUNTER wrote:

At the end of the day if fans picked the team we would pick the same players every week based on name reputation and ability at their peakIn reality players only peak for short periods don't all peak together ability remains but form dips so rotation is inevitable sensible and although carryning a risk of lack of continuity is nesecarry imoWe complain about having a weak squad in past seasons now we have a strong one and should not be worried about using it

Bang on RP!

Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 13, 2017 1:43 PM GMT
It's only a few games ago the concensus was coutinhio was performing like a player who knew he was going before that firminio was adjudged out of form wynaldhum and can and Henderson can't play in a midfield together that's just a sample view from fans here

So when changed and it doesn't work suddenly they all should have started I don't think the performance was statistically bad apart from the one that counted the goal against given it was only their second touch in liverpools area

Manager makes the decisions takes the consequences good and bad imo
Report 1st time poster December 13, 2017 2:13 PM GMT
as opposed to everton,s so called best ,most used player this season given the afternoon off
Report Latalomne December 13, 2017 7:31 PM GMT
1Karius
66Alexander-Arnold
6Lovren
17Klavan
26Robertson
5Wijnaldum
23Can
10Coutinho
11Salah
9Firmino
19Mané
Substitutes
7Milner
12Gomez
14Henderson
21Oxlade-Chamberlain
22Mignolet
28Ings
29Solanke
Report unclepuncle December 13, 2017 9:58 PM GMT
Guess what phrases I am going to use after that embarrassing result.Devil
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys December 13, 2017 10:13 PM GMT
Embarrassing Confused. Herr Cheerleader usually celebates a hard fought point at home to WBA in front of the Kop. Enjoy.
Report vidou December 13, 2017 11:07 PM GMT
Well that was brutal - even silenced the wind-up merchants and the deluded eternal optimists
Report jedi sophie December 13, 2017 11:27 PM GMT
Imho tonights result came from our manager unnecessarily changing our team in the Derby...We were absolutely flying going in there,obviously crowd was up,tv game,huge atmosphere,makes too many changes we lose our rhythm don't play well,make a couple of errors and draw with Everton.

I assume this evening the crowd was a tad flatter, we didn't get going early, again ridiculous amount of changes, we struggle again for rhythm which we had a mere week ago, Wba defend well and bang, another poor draw at home.

4 big big pts gone in very winnable matches. And again imho all very avoidable.

Thought, hoped we get 9 pts this week,best case now 5pts and who bets on that, not me, no idea what team or performance to expect.

Don't get it......Shoot me down if wish, but if I have to listen again to it was all down to the referee,I'll die.....

90 plus minutes to win the game of our own accord and two home games running haven't managed it...

Managers door I am afraid.
Report jedi sophie December 13, 2017 11:31 PM GMT
Desperately disappointing, and quite frankly it is embarrassing the gap too City.At this stage....
Report vidou December 13, 2017 11:43 PM GMT
Spot on jedi - too much rotation, disrupting a winning team is senseless, we should be 3rd ahead of Chelsea but now we're 5th, level with Burnley. Klopp has made some very poor decisions lately regarding team selections, after all Swansea beat WBA last time out and they come to us and play like they're the home side, full of confidence and on a roll, they knew it would be easy to get a result tonight. Klopp better get this transfer window right and I hope he finally does or he will be under real pressure - we're in a real dogfight now for CL place. At least Karius pulled of a couple of decent saves but downside of that is we were home to West Brom ffs.
Report jedi sophie December 14, 2017 12:00 AM GMT
Don't see him  being under ANY REAL PRESSURE at all.Any time soon.

The board, and most of the fans are happy with what he is doing and where we are,no interest in winning league,just hoping we may at some point, happy to be fleeced in interim period as we are progressing.not sure we are......

I feel we are making to many mistakes in too many areas to be successful right now,one week we are sublime,the very next ridiculous.

Manager has to be partly responsible for that,surely....

Pretty pathetic really for a club like LFC.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 14, 2017 6:01 AM GMT
Marvellous. We play the Fab Four and the reason we didn't win was because we didn't play them a few days ago.

Meanwhile news comes out the reason Phil and Bobby didn't play was because of medical advice.

So they weren't actually rotated out.

It's almost as if posters on here have less information than Klopp does when he comes to pick his team.
Report unclepuncle December 14, 2017 6:02 AM GMT
‘Same old, same old’Cry

Funny how Pushy/Rothko haven’t rushed on after recent games to crow about me losing money, I wonder why.Laugh

I’ve been posting the same criticism and analysis for years now and we still have all the same issues - talk about ‘time to wake up and smell the coffee’,

Klopp Out.Angry
Report vidou December 14, 2017 6:58 AM GMT
Haha PooP - always on the wind-up.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 14, 2017 8:19 AM GMT
Aah vid. Tracked down your explanation on Robertson's scintillating derby performance yet?
Report jedi sophie December 14, 2017 9:01 PM GMT
No breakdown or assessment from you POP?

An honest opinion from myself that you dismiss, yet no why?

No surprise of course, probably sat awaiting more posts to pick at today without ever substantiation your own,much better to just oppose others and begin there....

Tell me, what colour is Liverpool fc home kit? I'll go RED.

FUNNY FEELING YOU MAY SAY MAROON.ExcitedHappyShocked
Report Latalomne December 14, 2017 9:28 PM GMT
Your honest assessment ignores the facts POP makes, Jedi.  I would imagine that's probably why!
Report jedi sophie December 14, 2017 9:53 PM GMT
Yes because clubs never trot out INFORMATION , or REPORTS or NEWS to fans on the back of two poor results to appease them , do they....
Dear me...

Some our fans are a tad gullible.

FACTS presented to suit Lfc.

Klopp has since said 100 percent wouldn't change either team, 100 percent right team selected each time.

Two home bloody draws, miles back in league....
Report jedi sophie December 14, 2017 9:55 PM GMT
My honest assessment backed up by many on tv radio papers pundits...They must all be way off too, must toe the party line in future, believe everything I'm fed by Lfc.ExcitedShocked
Report Latalomne December 14, 2017 9:56 PM GMT
The Coutinho news was published last Friday, FFS.
Report rothko December 14, 2017 10:49 PM GMT
I'm as frustrated as anyone with the home draws against 2 teams with no ambition
City get late goals win 2-1 and Pep is a football genius
Klopps had to rotate as we hit a wall last season and the run of games are worse than last year
Unfortunately he hasn't got hindsight which is a great quality on here.

Citeh are miles clear of the rest
Would much rather have Klopp than any other manager - least we try and play the right way

Uncle I'm always happy you lose money because that means we win. 
Just think you're a total fraud and wind up merchant and as much of a Liverpool Supporter as Pete the Butcher
Wanting Liverpool go into administration isn't perhaps the support that's usually associated with a loyal supporter and being happy when Liverpool don't win/ lose but you win money isn't the most loyal support either . Plus your analysis is p5ss poor

unclepuncle
09 Sep 17 22:43

Absolutely shocking performance imo.

The summer signings, other than Robinson,[b] look dire and I include Salah in that[/b] - he's pacey but totally one footed and therefore very easy to defend against. He needs three or four chances for every goal. He reminds me of Arjen Robben though not as good obviously - or a left footed version of Raheem Sterling
Report jedi sophie December 14, 2017 11:17 PM GMT
Like little mushrooms. Fans.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 14, 2017 11:43 PM GMT
Ok Jedi, you asked me to respond.

You said this result stems from unnecessarily changing the team against Everton. I think I've answered that. The Info is that the team wasn't unnecessarily changed at all. But then you say they're lying. Obviously if we'd won yesterday with the Fab 4 you'd have been first on to say it's evidence we should have also won v Everton. I'm not sure anyone can ever debate something with you though if you just shout fake news at their evidence.

Gap to City too big. I'm never worried about that. You can only control your own performance, not others'. If we were to get 85 points then it's a really good season. If we were to finish 1st or 3rd with that doesn't change it. City have just broken the record for consecutive wins. Hats off to them.

As for yesterday, we were just poor. Apart from keeper, every player off it. Gaps in the stand as game not sold out, atmosphere dead and players just constantly making the wrong decision. Oh and West Brom played really well. Reminded me of Burnley. Knew their jobs, stuck to them and carried a threat. There'll be days like this for every team.
Report vidou December 14, 2017 11:47 PM GMT
Yea jedi the ones who look up when you tell them it says GULLIBLE on the ceiling, but I'm sure PooP will produce a medical certificate to back up his 'medical advice.' Ooops does that say GULLIBLE on the ceiling...?
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 15, 2017 12:01 AM GMT
Aziz vid.

That Robertson critique you were so keen to share???

Apologies if I've missed it. Perhaps it you can just point me to where you posted it.

I know there were some posts sort of calling you chicken for not standing up and explaining at the time but I'd ignore that. I'm sure no one will remember that really.

Anyway, your post?
Report jedi sophie December 15, 2017 12:12 AM GMT
Groundhog Day..
Report jedi sophie December 15, 2017 12:15 AM GMT
On to Bournemouth, six changes, must keep everyone in great nick for January...
25 Pts or so off top but fit as fleas.LaughHappySilly
Do me a favour.
Report Latalomne December 15, 2017 6:11 AM GMT
Some of you on this thread....  Crazy
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adam-lallana-returns-liverpool-train-14014389

We're all frustrated by the last two results (save for Unclepuncle, obvs), but really....  Plain
Report vidou December 15, 2017 6:28 AM GMT
PooP you're the one on this thread who criticised Robertson, it's down to you to provide a 'critique.' Ta
Report vidou December 15, 2017 6:45 AM GMT
Actually PooP on second thoughts don't bother - I doubt if many on here give a sh!t what you think, I certainly don't. It's all just a wind-up for you anyway.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 15, 2017 7:28 AM GMT
Morning vid, good of you to return.

I do worry about you every time you disappear for 8 hours straight after I ask you a simple question. Hope you're ok.

Regarding Robertson, I did give an explanation. You called it comical if I remember rightly. I thought he didn't play that well. You thought that opinion was comical. Ergo, you must have thought he did play that well.

So, sorry sunbeam but it's your turn. What made it comical and what about his performance was so good? Come on don't be shy big boy. We're all friends here.
Report stridingedge December 15, 2017 7:43 AM GMT
Latalomne

You are quite frankly wasting your breath posting stuff like that link. Stop trying to make sense or debate anything and get the following firmly ensconced in your mind...

1.) Liverpool FC should have won the title this season, no reasoning needed apart from we are LFC and we used to win it all the time.Anyone who doesn't get disappointed half way through a season because the title is lost is a plastic troll!
2.) Every game points are lost should have been a winning game and it was so obvious why that was the case.
3.) Any articles in the press or media snipets suggesting possible issues with players fitness are just nonsense, every player is ready to play full tilt every game.Those nearer the action are just brain dead imbeciles, the forum is the place where the real info on the players is and is where the team needs to be selected from for each match.
4.) Those that think sometimes we didn't get the marginal breaks in a game that could have made a difference are deluded, every time we drop pts it's because the players aren't good enough, the team selection wasn't right and often this hints that the manager is a clueless mug.
5.) Those that don't cry and rant after every setback are not LFC fans, they are either just stupid and deluded or trolls that don't give a stuff.

I await some spewed out bile from the new Forum guru Vidou (where the fook did he/she spring from BTW) telling me I'm not a fan and that he/she is the voice of reason and has LFC pyjamas and duvet set which backs up his/her claims that they truly are the no. 1 Liverpool supporter and must be listened to.

Yes this is all very much tongue in cheek but I daren't use smileys as this apparently is evidence of being a plastic. This place is no longer one of any sort of debate. The negativity is very much prevalent.There is no positive thinking allowed and anyone not setting the highest possible targets each season is not a fan and has no place on here.

I set out my season thoughts as always and to many there would be no great surprises. Certainly didn't expect a title challenge this year. Partly based on our own lack of defensive signings but also the huge investment from the 2 manc clubs recently and seeing city pre season including tearing Spurs a new one (should have been double figs). It seemed pretty likely the usual 4 into 6 would come into play again for the top spots and last years pts tally from us was likely to be needed again to consolidate a CL spot.

For me the season is all about trying to achieve the back to back CL qualification which we haven't managed since Rafa.Some won't like that and they are entitled to their own outlooks.I don't mind that at all but what I do object to is anyone telling me my expectations and targets are not high enough and I can't be a real fan, that's complete b0ll0x!

We are in the next couple of games hitting the midpoint of the season and are almost where we need to be, frustratingly having slipped out of the top 4 with two very disappointing results.If these displays are replicated too often we will not get top 4 but there are likely to be many swings and roundabouts till the end as the competition of the 4 from 6 is likely to be fierce.For me it was always possible we could miss out, we are trying to build on something we have not managed to do for a fair time now in securing back to back top 4 finishes.I would be very disappointed if a failure was more than a few pts and a realistic chance of getting top 4 was blown with more than two or 3 games left.

Nothing for me has changed, I can still envisage us getting a top 4 spot but it's no gimme and I'm not sure at this stage why it should definitely have been so (again this will annoy some but I'm afraid I'm totally beyond caring what some of these rude coonts on here think now).We can definitely string some form together 2nd half of the season and should be in the mix imo and I'm sure we all on here hope this is the case!

It's totally pointless for me posting game to game on here now as there is too much sh1t slinging and too much over reaction not too mention some damn right lunacy from Vidou. Perhaps he could outline what his pre season expectations were and why. Also what he would or would not be happy with from this point in. And if this manager is not the real deal for us who realistically we should be looking at in future.

Will be back on at Easter to see how the land lies

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 15, 2017 7:47 AM GMT
Jesus, I thought I was the Official Forum Angry Sarcastic Guy but SE's just taken me to school!!!Laugh

Hope you've got your gumshield in.
Report inca December 15, 2017 9:04 AM GMT
Morning Striding looks like it’s one of two things this morning you are either just getting in from Xmas party or you are on it early
Report inca December 15, 2017 9:26 AM GMT
RP must be busy doing Xmas shopping the bold prediction that we would be chasing down City,we should be more concerned about Burnley,.Not even bothered about City but 7 points behind Utd is my concern.

Not getting into the details of last couple of games no point it’s just more of the same the only thing that is consistent is our inconsistency i
Report vidou December 15, 2017 2:05 PM GMT
Happy Christmas striding and a Happy Easter too.

Ok PooP Christ know why coz getting into a debate with you is just going to end in some sort of wind-up drivel but I will indulge you. You said you thought Robertson had a poor game (fair enough if that was a general consensus, personally I thought he was ok, maybe a 6 or 7 out of 10, a few good crosses, one poor one that he overhit and very little to do defensively, although he may have done better shutting down Rooney for the cross but there's my brief critique, I didn't notice yours other than you saying he was poor) but what I found comical was that you singled him out as you've recently been banging Moreno's drum telling anyone who will listen that he's the new Alba, Alves or Tierney. So there you have it - your entirely predictable reaction was comical.
Now how about you tell us what exactly Robertson did to warrant a 'Poor' from the PooP...
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 15, 2017 4:01 PM GMT
Well, god knows it'd be easier if we could just misrepresent people without them picking up on it but easiness isn't in fashion right now.

By the way, thought Moreno was a big miss today. Robertson showed why he's not been getting much of a look in. Didn't do enough and was way off it second half.
PooP - comedy gold
You think Robertson played particularly well bid?

Probably worth starting by pointing out my post above was actually my fourth post-game post, was the first one that mentioned the left back and I'd mentioned six other players in those earlier posts.

So I think you'll agree your idea that I've "singled him out" has been well and truly knocked out of the park. If you want you can go back to the day before the game where I said to CCM that I wanted him to start.

As for him having a poor game, well I didn't really say that exactly but I did say this a bit later - I didn't have a moan about him so much. More that it was clear (to me at least) how much more Moreno has been offering in that role this season. I think he supported well enough first half without really contributing much apart from a few over hit crosses but second half I thought he was genuinely a bit on the poor side. Could well put it down to tiredness given it was his first start in a while and the adrenalin must have been flowing. Hardly writing him off but he looked like an understudy to me yesterday... But somehow this is comedy gold. So maybe I mark him as about 5/10 on my original post. You say he's a 6 or 7. But comedy gold still. I mean, if you said I'd been a bit unfair on him then maybe I could accommodate that though I think I was fair. But at least it would be close to reasonable. But rating someone a 5/10 instead of your 6-7/10 is comedy gold apparently.
Report pushkin99 December 15, 2017 4:12 PM GMT

Dec 14, 2017 -- 12:02AM, unclepuncle wrote:

‘Same old, same old’Funny how Pushy/Rothko haven’t rushed on after recent games to crow about me losing money, I wonder why.I’ve been posting the same criticism and analysis for years now and we still have all the same issues - talk about ‘time to wake up and smell the coffee’,Klopp Out.

It's called having a life son, something a Liverpool obsessed troll would have no understanding off

Report pushkin99 December 15, 2017 4:24 PM GMT

Dec 15, 2017 -- 1:43AM, stridingedge wrote:

LatalomneYou are quite frankly wasting your breath posting stuff like that link. Stop trying to make sense or debate anything and get the following firmly ensconced in your mind...1.) Liverpool FC should have won the title this season, no reasoning needed apart from we are LFC and we used to win it all the time.Anyone who doesn't get disappointed half way through a season because the title is lost is a plastic troll!2.) Every game points are lost should have been a winning game and it was so obvious why that was the case.3.) Any articles in the press or media snipets suggesting possible issues with players fitness are just nonsense, every player is ready to play full tilt every game.Those nearer the action are just brain dead imbeciles, the forum is the place where the real info on the players is and is where the team needs to be selected from for each match.4.) Those that think sometimes we didn't get the marginal breaks in a game that could have made a difference are deluded, every time we drop pts it's because the players aren't good enough, the team selection wasn't right and often this hints that the manager is a clueless mug.5.) Those that don't cry and rant after every setback are not LFC fans, they are either just stupid and deluded or trolls that don't give a stuff.I await some spewed out bile from the new Forum guru Vidou (where the fook did he/she spring from BTW) telling me I'm not a fan and that he/she is the voice of reason and has LFC pyjamas and duvet set which backs up his/her claims that they truly are the no. 1 Liverpool supporter and must be listened to.Yes this is all very much tongue in cheek but I daren't use smileys as this apparently is evidence of being a plastic. This place is no longer one of any sort of debate. The negativity is very much prevalent.There is no positive thinking allowed and anyone not setting the highest possible targets each season is not a fan and has no place on here.I set out my season thoughts as always and to many there would be no great surprises. Certainly didn't expect a title challenge this year. Partly based on our own lack of defensive signings but also the huge investment from the 2 manc clubs recently and seeing city pre season including tearing Spurs a new one (should have been double figs). It seemed pretty likely the usual 4 into 6 would come into play again for the top spots and last years pts tally from us was likely to be needed again to consolidate a CL spot.For me the season is all about trying to achieve the back to back CL qualification which we haven't managed since Rafa.Some won't like that and they are entitled to their own outlooks.I don't mind that at all but what I do object to is anyone telling me my expectations and targets are not high enough and I can't be a real fan, that's complete b0ll0x!We are in the next couple of games hitting the midpoint of the season and are almost where we need to be, frustratingly having slipped out of the top 4 with two very disappointing results.If these displays are replicated too often we will not get top 4 but there are likely to be many swings and roundabouts till the end as the competition of the 4 from 6 is likely to be fierce.For me it was always possible we could miss out, we are trying to build on something we have not managed to do for a fair time now in securing back to back top 4 finishes.I would be very disappointed if a failure was more than a few pts and a realistic chance of getting top 4 was blown with more than two or 3 games left.Nothing for me has changed, I can still envisage us getting a top 4 spot but it's no gimme and I'm not sure at this stage why it should definitely have been so (again this will annoy some but I'm afraid I'm totally beyond caring what some of these rude coonts on here think now).We can definitely string some form together 2nd half of the season and should be in the mix imo and I'm sure we all on here hope this is the case!It's totally pointless for me posting game to game on here now as there is too much sh1t slinging and too much over reaction not too mention some damn right lunacy from Vidou. Perhaps he could outline what his pre season expectations were and why. Also what he would or would not be happy with from this point in. And if this manager is not the real deal for us who realistically we should be looking at in future.Will be back on at Easter to see how the land liesMerry Xmas and Happy New Year.

Totally agree stridingedge. I hope u are back on before Easter.

Report rothko December 15, 2017 9:24 PM GMT
jedi sophie • December 14, 2017 11:17 PM GMT

Like little mushrooms. Fans

not sure who that is directed to but I am a supporter not a fan

so lets hear the pearls of wisdom of how you would like to take the club forward
its easy to be a critic - we need a centre half no sh5t Laugh
the goalie isn't good Laugh
perhaps you are looking more strategically Wink
looking for another manager Scared
Report vidou December 15, 2017 9:38 PM GMT
PooP Could you clarify this for me please:-

'As for him having a poor game, well I didn't really say that exactly but I did say this a bit later - I didn't have a moan about him so much. More that it was clear (to me at least) how much more Moreno has been offering in that role this season. I think he supported well enough first half without really contributing much apart from a few over hit crosses but second half I thought he was genuinely a bit on the poor side.'

So if I understand this right you didn't say he had a poor game but he was genuinely a bit on the poor side...?

So can you clarify was he poor or was he not poor, your sentence contradicts itself. let's clarify this and then we'll move on to the next point.
Report vidou December 15, 2017 10:23 PM GMT
rothco I think jedi is referring to the fact that supporters are kept in the dark and fed sh!t - just like mushrooms. if you choose to believe what you're told or question it is entirely up to you
Report inca December 15, 2017 11:50 PM GMT
Just read again  Stridings little rant WHAT A LOAD OF P1SH it’s a forum of course we will debate,disagree,different opinions etc certainly no need for I’m not back till Easter. Seriously FFS
Report inca December 15, 2017 11:56 PM GMT
Lata you mention how we are all frustrated at the last 2 results that’s the problem it’s not just the last 2 results the list is far bigger than 2 and that is the frustrating bit posted a couple of days ago that I always have this feeling we seem to go 3 steps forward 3 back after Wednesday I thought it was 4 back.

Also feel there is a great deal of apathy around the club just now summed on Wednesday no atmosphere and empty seats!!
Report vidou December 16, 2017 1:08 AM GMT
PooP Could you clarify this for me please:-

'As for him having a poor game, well I didn't really say that exactly but I did say this a bit later - I didn't have a moan about him so much. More that it was clear (to me at least) how much more Moreno has been offering in that role this season. I think he supported well enough first half without really contributing much apart from a few over hit crosses but second half I thought he was genuinely a bit on the poor side.'

So if I understand this right you didn't say he had a poor game but he was genuinely a bit on the poor side...?

So can you clarify was he poor or was he not poor, your sentence contradicts itself. let's clarify this and then we'll move on to the next point.
Report vidou December 16, 2017 1:13 AM GMT
'As for him having a poor game, well I didn't really say that exactly but I did say this a bit later - I didn't have a moan about him so much. More that it was clear (to me at least)'

Also explain that bollox please
Report jedi sophie December 16, 2017 11:26 AM GMT
Rothko

Is there really a difference between a fan and a supporter? Wasn't looking for an English lesson.

Vidou has tried to point out the relevance of my post, not directed at anyone, certainly not anyone on here, I only reply when get pulled up. Was just a generalisation on what I think, but in particular to a few of the posts suggesting that everything Lfc put out in the media is gospel.And we should all take as such.

I disagree....
Report jedi sophie December 16, 2017 11:30 AM GMT
Rothko

We need 2 centrehalves.

We desperately need a goalie.

The current team at Lfc arent  exactly taking the club forward in giant strides are they, sad that these days a CL Place so lauded. Good season if in top 4...Utter bollocks in my book.

No I don't want a new manager, I love Klopp and footy he tries to play, but imo he is making a lot of mistakes.On various things, read the thread you'll see that, instead of just popping in and digging me out.I think the fact we still have certain players in the team considering how long he has been here is his biggest.

All imo.

Hope that helps you enjoy your day more......
Report rothko December 16, 2017 11:49 AM GMT
a supporter is someone who goes the game

a fan sits at home and watches on the tele

so the accusation is that the club are deliberately lying to fans through the media
Report jedi sophie December 16, 2017 12:03 PM GMT
Maybe economical at times yes...

If you don't believe that fine.

I'll call myself a supporter from now on then. Though I do watch on Tele as you call it, am I a fan then?

Confused...
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 16, 2017 2:19 PM GMT
Vid. Have a good night? Bit of a sore head now?Laugh

Right then, I think most sensible can differentiate the difference between saying someone's performance was poor and on on the poor side. The latter one is pretty qualified so as not to mean poor but definitely on the poorer side of the spectrum.

Secondly, the "on the poor side" applied to his second half showing. And I followed it by wondering if there was an explanation due to him maybe being tired after it being his first start in ages. I'm not sure if you're being selective to desperately try to justify your anger at me or if you're just a bit simple and can't read sentences of more than one line, never mind paragraphs. To be honest, if someone else had posted and said Robertson's second half showing was poor I don't think I'd be going out of my way to correct him. As I've said (many, many times it seems) he wasn't terrible but he was well below the level Moreno's been at this season, which in fairness has actually been pretty high.

Right, hopefully that was enough for you eh. Maybe we can all move on with the rest of our lives now.
Report rothko December 16, 2017 6:18 PM GMT
sorry to confuse you Jedi
Bet that's not the first time that's happened Wink

Perhaps PL clubs have lying to their fans / supporters off to a fine art - I wouldn't know as I'm not in the inner circle
Report jedi sophie December 16, 2017 7:31 PM GMT
Can see that....

Just by reading your posts.
Report inca December 17, 2017 12:32 AM GMT
Getting a bit concerned now about RP not been on since just after Everton game...............maybe Betfair have reported him to a local hospital after reading the we’re getting ready to chase down City posts
Report jedi sophie December 17, 2017 12:36 AM GMT
Have you checked Man Utd thread, more common there.....
Hahaha.
Report vidou December 17, 2017 2:34 AM GMT
Just in and read this bollox so even at this time of night ...

'Right then, I think most sensible can differentiate the difference between saying someone's performance was poor and on on the poor side.  latter one is pretty qualified so as not to mean poor but definitely on the poorer side of the spectrum.'

[i]'I think most sensible can differentiate the difference between saying someone's performance was poor and on on the poor side.'

Ok hands up the sensible who can differentiate the difference...!!!

'The latter one is pretty qualified so as not to mean poor but definitely on the poorer side of the spectrum.'
[/i]???

What is your first language? Could we have that in English please???

Your reply is either utter bollox or  'definitely on the poorer side of the spectrum' in PooP speak.

Comedy gold
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now