Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DoggyLFC
21 Aug 08 15:26
| Topic/replies: 1,298 | Blogger: DoggyLFC's blog
Is there one knocking about? If not, it's high time we had one IMO.
Share |

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 1653  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 1653 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 66,088
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 21 Aug 08 15:29
Lets do it doggy.

If you pardon the expression
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 21 Aug 08 15:30
The normal rules apply delz... and they are quite simple. If it doesnt interest you, then feck off :D
By:
rhyme
downing or queresma?
By:
delz
;)
By:
DoggyLFC
When: 21 Aug 08 15:31
Quaresma for me. I'd take Ricardo Montalban ahead of Stuart Downing.
By:
DoggyLFC
When: 21 Aug 08 15:32
By the way, we've supposedly been linked to Mr. Q again today.
By:
mayway
zzzzzzzzz
By:
Can't Catch Me
I appreciate I might be in the minority rhyme... but I wouldnt mind Downing.

Quaresma has too much scope to be a complete show pony imo. He is more of a risk and could of course be more of a reward, but would be happy with Downing. Guess he would be about £12m?
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 21 Aug 08 15:34
Couldnt help popping in though could you mayway :^0
By:
rhyme
we do need a left winger and quickly
By:
No Chatname Specified
£12m? try £19m

can you hurry up and sell Alosno to the Arse.

Serious Q.

Benitez, Keep or get rid?
By:
DoggyLFC
When: 21 Aug 08 15:35
I'd rather have a show pony with the ability to unlock a defence than an above average trier who puts in a good cross every now and again.

I just don't get the infatuation with Downing, he's an average to good Premier League player, but he's not going to take us that step further. Thing is, he'd still look immensely better than what we have right now.
By:
DoggyLFC
When: 21 Aug 08 15:36
Tricky - keep, without question. The vast majority of fans would/will say the same. You only have to see the support he's had through all the ** that's happened with Dastardly and Muttly and Parry.
By:
GARY MACS SWEET LEFT FOOT
When: 21 Aug 08 15:37
queresma is far too inconsistent for me and the reason why hes not in the premier league already
if you play lazy wingers who dont track back and give away sloppy possession then they can become a liability especially away from home where they expose the central midfield and leave us open to a counter attack.
Downing on the other hand although no worldbeater does seem to be an improving player who would offer much needed balance to the shape of our side due to his left foot.however he does seem a little onefooted but technically he seems very good (best player technically in england squad according to capello) and works tremendously hard for the side scores goals from open play and puts in a mean cross. he has performed extremely well in a very poor boro side and would like to think he would improve a great deal at a club that offers him a greater platform.

therefore its got to be Downing for me guys
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 21 Aug 08 15:38
I know what you are saying doggy and I cant disagree with that. He ceratinly doesnt scream title winning signing does he. But I cant think of many wingers that I would want to sign. Quaresma could clearly be anything, but my gut feeling is he wouldnt cut it.

And anyway, I am obviously not clamouring for Downing;s signature... it was just a choice of two originally!!!

Had this conversation before I think tricky... and got to keep him. But this his biggest season yet. Have been steadily improving the last couple but need to be closer again this year
By:
When: 21 Aug 08 15:39
99% of LFC fans want Benitez to stay longterm
By:
DoggyLFC
When: 21 Aug 08 15:40
GMSLF - you can change his game though, make him like Ronaldo who was a lazy **bag at first, but who Ferguson has moulded into one of the best players in the world.

It's all ifs and buts anyway, we'll sign neither and probably end up with Riera :(
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 21 Aug 08 15:41
Gary. I asked you this on another thread the other day mate but dont know if you saw it. Is your username after the derby free kick... shouldnt it be sweet RIGHT foot!
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 21 Aug 08 15:43
At least we have Babbel. Expecting a good seaon from him. Just wonder if he will ever make it on the left though when he seems much more of a striker waiting to happen
By:
CailiniDeas8
When: 21 Aug 08 15:43
CCM, I asked him on about a dozen different occasions. Obviously embarassed.
By:
CailiniDeas8
When: 21 Aug 08 15:44
* how embarrassing :(
By:
Al Neri
When: 21 Aug 08 15:44
this thread is going to be such a gift

"team spirit is a myth created by sky lavished on winning teams ----- just another buzz phrase" quote by Gary Mac
By:
Al Neri
When: 21 Aug 08 15:45
At least we have Babbel :) LMFAO

Wasnt he a german defender ???
Armchair Fan like Gary Mac
By:
When: 21 Aug 08 15:48
ive answered this before the username is a simple tribute to my nephew who is currently doing really well in his academy team (not LFC sadly) and thats it really
By:
Big.Alf
When: 21 Aug 08 15:49
DoggyLFC 21 Aug 16:35
I'd rather have a show pony with the ability to unlock a defence than an above average trier who puts in a good cross every now and again.

I just don't get the infatuation with Downing, he's an average to good Premier League player, but he's not going to take us that step further. Thing is, he'd still look immensely better than what we have right now.

Totally agree, I would be devastated if we shelled out double figures for someone like Downing. He's like Barry, a good squad player that would be a good addition for £5/6m but lets be honest he's just about an above average player in a very mediocre team.

He may put in the odd good ball for a goal against the likes of Hull, but he's shown on the international stage that he cant cut the mustard at the required level.
By:
When: 21 Aug 08 15:51
afternoon AL NERI ---- why are you obsessed withthat quote no-one has joined in your ridiculous campaign to try and belittle a red as your so BITTER but there have been literally dozens of posts agreeing with what i said when expanding on the whole quote!!!!!!!!!
why do you allow your hatred/jealousy of another team to cloud your judgement and turn you into a imbecile when you are normally quite sensible and well spoken?
By:
DoggyLFC
When: 21 Aug 08 15:53
Al Neri, shouldn't you be infesting the Peoples (of North Wales and West Lancashire) Club Thread?
By:
Al Neri
When: 21 Aug 08 15:53
ANNOYING ISNT IT :)
GET USED TO IT
By:
DoggyLFC
When: 21 Aug 08 15:54
Unless you want your thread filling with all sorts of **, quit it.
By:
When: 21 Aug 08 15:54
armchair fan AL NERI have had a season ticket 22years you joker -- often travel away (including Europe) but noticed sunday morning that you were on your fraudulently titled Everton Transfer Stuff thread during the EFC home game on Saturday!!!!!!!!! hypocritical tw at
By:
DoggyLFC
When: 21 Aug 08 15:55
Alf, ignore him, he'll disappear eventually. Bit like Everton's chances of a new stadium :D
By:
Al Neri
gmslf

your last posting shamed me because you catered to my ego..but it worked :0

it is quite childish you are correct. I apologise and will refrain from posting that again

i hope your thread lasts as long as ours and good luck this season mate
By:
Almagro is a yes yes
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N160989080821-1237.htm

:^0
By:
DoggyLFC
Pardon me, Gary even.
By:
When: 21 Aug 08 15:57
thats more like it AL NERI like i said you are normally sensible/reserved just dont fall into the trap of many other BITTERS as your better than that mate
By:
whitty
When: 21 Aug 08 15:58
Doggy unfortunately when idiots like gary macs wrong foot, dalglish and red rafa constantly post on the everton thread you're going to get a response from people that they wind up.

If they didn't post on the everton thread then i'm sure evertonians wouldn't post on here.

now you've got a thread that will hopefully keep running, those idiots won't feel the need to post on the everton thread and everton fans won't feel the need to post on here in retalliation
By:
Al Neri
When: 21 Aug 08 15:58
I woas working Gary :(
watched it live on a dodgy satelite channel but not quite the same agreed :(

i live in London so dont get to as many as I would like but still a huge blue
By:
DoggyLFC
When: 21 Aug 08 15:59
whitty - a thread truce then?
By:
Almagro is a yes yes
When: 21 Aug 08 16:00
If anyone calls Liverpool "Pool" on this thread it will be removed by betfair
Page 1 of 1653  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 1653 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now