Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mtoto2
19 Oct 09 12:53
| Topic/replies: 16,927 | Blogger: mtoto2's blog
charlie stubbs 17 Jul 17:22

now we've missed out aimar, and with harper saying in the press we're at short on numbers since 4 players have left and we were already short of numbers,
i wonder who we're going to fetch in now

got that bassong on trial at the minute, and have apparently been offered torsten frings, but turned down the chance. also meant to have had a bid rejected for steven warnock.

without paying the big wages and with no european football to offer, it seems players are a bit reluctant to sign
Share |

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4224  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 4224 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 168,937
By:
donny osmond
When: 19 Oct 09 12:54
lol
By:
R0ykeane
When: 19 Oct 09 12:57
now we've missed out aimar, and with harper saying in the press we're at short on numbers since 4 players have left and we were already short of numbers,

got that bassong on trial at the minute, and have apparently been offered torsten frings, but turned down the chance. also meant to have had a bid rejected for steven warnock.

without paying the big wages and with no european football to offer, it seems players are a bit reluctant to sign

R0ykeane 17 Jul 17:28
lol
By:
JUDGE JUDY
When: 19 Oct 09 12:59
thread help
By:
The Shiekh
When: 19 Oct 09 13:01
fergie fergie sign him up fecking class
By:
donny osmond
When: 19 Oct 09 14:58

R0ykeane 17 Jul 17:28

lol

Sam Jacks 17 Jul 17:33

No suprising really is it?
We've only ever got these players due to high wages that the club used to give.
Althought its about time that we gave some grafters a chance who want to play football instead of ***** about on high wages. I'm looking forward to seeing what gutherie can do as he should want to prove himself.

mtoto2 17 Jul 17:35

did we miss out on aimar ? or was it agent forcing benficas hand ? hardly anybody has signed players yet. plus it must be harder without european football to offer.

Sam Jacks 17 Jul 17:37

aslong as we don't do our usual last minute waste of money signing. Although i don't think ashley will do that. Not panic time.....yet.
Keep the faith

Matt the Thrasher 17 Jul 17:39

at a bit of a loss as to who were gonna go for. aimar situation suggests there is money to spend but like you've said without paying rediculous wages were not a very attractive propersition at the moment. would of liked us to have gone for crouch.

The Swinging Magpie 17 Jul 17:41

Why do we need a huge squad? Do you lads know that last season we played fewer matches than at any time since the second world war ? We have no european football, no Intertoto Cup, just 38 league games and a couple each in the league and FA Cups perhaps !! A 20 man squad should be good enough with the option of fielding one or two youngsters if needed, at the present time we dont need a huge squad, just enough to cover will be ample taking into considerations the number of matches we are likely to play this season.

Sam Jacks 17 Jul 17:41

i would liked to have seen crouch and SWP.
No chance of either i don't think.
Both would of been big money tho.

mtoto2 17 Jul 17:44

stephen warnock would be a good signing. jonny evans would be but not a cat in hells chance.

Sam Jacks 17 Jul 17:44

but the squad we have ain't good enough

charlie stubbs 17 Jul 17:46

there was some proper idiot texted into talk sport earlier. probably a mackem

saying ashley may be forced to quit unless he loosens the purse strings. bring back freddie shepherd

like them same idiots who stand outside shearer's on a weekday waiting for a sky sports news van to pull up and start interviewing fans

charlie stubbs 17 Jul 17:47

swinging magpie, with a few injuries, we'll be knackered

The Swinging Magpie 17 Jul 17:48

The squad might not be what we want it to be, quality wise, but SWP, Crouch and Warnock are hardly going to make it better !! We should be going for quality, not quantity, its no good signing players who are no better than we already have. lets relax and take our time, Kev knows what we need and there is still time yet!!

mtoto2 17 Jul 17:49

warnock would make it better.

charlie stubbs 17 Jul 17:49

it's all right saying he knows what we need, but can he sign it if the money isn't there?

his powers of persuasion may not be enough alone

Sam Jacks 17 Jul 17:50

Howay man i'd rather have SWP, Crouch and Warnock than Duff, Ameobi and Smith!!

The Swinging Magpie 17 Jul 17:52

I'd rather have Donald Duck and Daffy than Ameobi and Smith, but dont write off Duff just yet. SWP is a modern day Franz Carr and Crouch ???? no way at all.

charlie stubbs 17 Jul 17:52

i kna smith was a proper bag of *****, but maybe keegan might manage to get ten goals out of him this season. doubt it though, but if he could, that'd be like having a new player in
same with duff, if he can get him to rediscover his form and confidence then that'll also be like a new player

i fear they're lost causes however

charlie stubbs 17 Jul 17:53

any team with crouch in their side, as soon as the game starts going against them, will start to hoof the ball up to crouch. which is why i think benitez didn't play him as regularly as he could've

we've seen it with england. once there's a big lad up front, the defence panic and completely bypass the midfield

Sam Jacks 17 Jul 17:53

SWP and crouch both played in the champions league last year and did well in the premiership when played. i think you are underestimating them!

charlie stubbs 17 Jul 17:58

i'd have them both at newcastle personally, but i can see why some teams might not want crouch.
wright phillips purely because i think he's got good speed, something which we lacked last season

The Swinging Magpie 17 Jul 17:58

Sam, you didnt see SWP in matches that mattered and how much of crouch did you see for Liverpool last season ? We need some speed, yes, but not SWP, and crouch? my dead granny is faster. The Argentinian gives us options and would rule out the need for SWP, yes we still need another striker and yes we still need an attacking midfielder, and in my opinion a goalkeeper, another three players is about all we will get and about all we should expect under the current conditions.

Sam Jacks 17 Jul 18:01

as said above, SWP would give you much more than smith, duff and ameobi. Your going on about his lack of speed? not sure when you've been watching him. His face didn't fit with grant he was playing class for both england and chelsea not long ago.
Most importantly he's done it in the premier league. Whereas this spiderman hasn't, so time will tell

charlie stubbs 17 Jul 18:03

press never even picked up on our first 2 signings though, until they were more or less done deals.

let's hope a few more arrive like that.

look at the first time he was here, you wouldn't have really wanted bracewell or venison would you? but they paid off, same with rob lee, andy cole, a relatively unknown, paid alot of money for and look what happened.
i think he can be trusted to get the right players in, but it's different to how it was 16 years ago, admittedly

The Swinging Magpie 17 Jul 18:04

Sam, with Milner, Duff, Nzogbia and the new guy, plus Geremi covering on the right, I dont think we need worry about SWP coming anywhere near SJP anyway with Kev being told to cut the wage bill then even less chance of seeing him.

Sam Jacks 17 Jul 18:05

exactly, which is why i want to see gutherie and see what he can do.

Sam Jacks 17 Jul 18:07

maybe won't need him.
My other thoughts are that zog is on his way and duff is poor.
Signings are slow, but i'm glad were not in the papers as much as usual about big signings. Keep it quite and keep them coming.
If barton pulls his finger out, he might be like a new signing too.

neiled1967. 17 Jul 18:08

It's Championship football for you Geordie boys i'm afraid.

Sam Jacks 17 Jul 18:09

jesus, there is always one

The Swinging Magpie 17 Jul 18:09

If Gutherie is ok, then thats fine with me after all at 21 if he was really good then you would have thought that Liverpool wouldnt have let him go, on the other hand he played fairly well for Bolton, I'm not expecting too much and we may need him for that defensive role with Nicky Butt pushing 34, if he turns out to be good, its a big bonus..

charlie stubbs 17 Jul 18:12

wouldn't have minded aimar at the toon, but i was looking at his stats for last 2 seasons.

scored 0 goals in about 25 games season just ended, season before scored 5 in about 30odd games

still think he'd have added something we've been missing for a while

gotta get a centre half in as well, a proper good centre half

The Swinging Magpie 17 Jul 21:22

We must look on the bright side Charlie, at least we are not trying to sign 20 paddies who will get us relegated !!

ftm 17 Jul 21:27

mtoto,yer right about evans...........no chance

The Swinging Magpie 17 Jul 21:30

You just look after McShane ftm...did you know that m stands for mackems ?

ftm 17 Jul 21:32

not in my experience tsm..u can have mcshane tho

The Swinging Magpie 17 Jul 21:34

your having a laugh...worst defender in history...only an irishman would have signed him..!!...ftmackems

Sam Jacks 17 Jul 21:35

he started off well (according to the mackem season ticket holder who sits opposite me at work) but hasn't turned out well in the end.
keegan don't think about defence, it's all attack.
will we finish north east top dogs again?
1.toon
2.mackems
3.boro
this year

ftm 17 Jul 21:38

sam jacks,imo only 2 teams in ne.boro in yorkshire

The Swinging Magpie 17 Jul 21:38

Sam, McShane is the worst premiership defender in the history of the premiership, a laugh a minute.........if you have a sense of humour that is...worse than Titus, now thats saying something !! slower than a carthorse.....plays for gypsies...hapless

Sam Jacks 17 Jul 21:48

techincally boro in yorkshire, however still classed in north east.
never really seen alot of mcsane other than against us, and he was aweful then.

The Swinging Magpie 17 Jul 21:54

Sam, burra were never a part of the north east, their local derbies were always against yorkshire clubs, but now we have centtury fm and all that carp, and they try and tell us that burra are part of the north east, we know different of course !! just a bunch of smoggies who steal children...horrible folk....

The Swinging Magpie 18 Jul 11:08

Morning all,

Marek Suchy the latest to be linked, a 20 yr old Czech defender for around £2.5m, we do need another centre half for sure but do we need a 20yr old rather than an experienced player ? Cant see KK playing a 20yr old along side a 22yr old in the centre of defence can you ?

supermakems 18 Jul 11:14

The Swinging Magpie 17 Jul 21:54

Sam, burra were never a part of the north east, their local derbies were always against yorkshire clubs, but now we have centtury fm and all that carp, and they try and tell us that burra are part of the north east, we know different of course !! just a bunch of smoggies who steal children...horrible folk....

couldn't agree more

The Swinging Magpie 18 Jul 11:56

Newcastle v Sunnaland is the only north east derby, always has been and always will be, it doenst matter how hard the smoggies try and alter the scene, they will fail. The banter between Gerdies and Mackems is wonderful in my opinion, whether its serious banter or mickey taking taking banter, there just aint nothing like it anywhere else ! Its legendary stuff.

kingfisher 23 18 Jul 13:23

stubbsy agree totally where are we heading mate are you down at pools tommorow mate im heading down

charlie stubbs 18 Jul 14:50

Quality & quantity: KK

Speaking to the official website, Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan had this to say about current efforts to add to his first team squad:

"We not only will (make more signings), we have to.

"But what we've got to ensure is that we don't get players in just for the sake of it.

"It's easy to bring in players and they're all the same, then you're left trying to pick from a bunch of players and you say, 'Well he's as good as him'.

"But, of course, to get the players in that are going to spark the others off and add something to the team will always be a little bit more difficult.

"We'll keep going on those fronts. We've tried for a few and not always been successful.

"We've also had a lot thrown at us which we don't think are right for one reason or another, be it either wrong position or wrong age.

"And, while everyone at the club knows we're not going to look a gift horse in the mouth with an older playing coming in, we are trying to get, for all the right reasons, younger players who can stay at the club longer.

"Like I've said, we've got a small squad so it's no good getting one in to get one out, that just means you've maybe changed a position.

"Obviously there will always be talk of players leaving because we've got some very good players here.

"But they will only leave here if we want them to, that's for sure. We're not looking to sell our top class players, we want to add top class players to play alongside them."

The Swinging Magpie 18 Jul 15:05

Afternoon Charlie, I think the KK statement was a very diplomatic one with nothing much happening in the transfer market at the moment.

charlie stubbs 18 Jul 15:24

me pal just texted saying we're being linked with chimbonda again

kilcline and sheedy will be our next signings

The Swinging Magpie 18 Jul 15:40

Despite the denials from Curbisley I wouldnt be surprised if we were in the running for Ferdinand, after all we owe the hammers a few bob in transfer fees !!

charlie stubbs 18 Jul 15:42

is he better than what wehave though?

i'd prefer an experienced centre half to come in personally. would've been pleased if we coulda got woodgate in january but he chose spurs.
or somebody of a similar ability
By:
The Shiekh
When: 19 Oct 09 14:58
ttt
By:
donny osmond
When: 19 Oct 09 14:59
^^^^^^^^^^a slice of history preserved ^^^^^^^^^^^^
By:
R0ykeane
When: 19 Oct 09 15:00
(championship)
By:
sweetchildofmine
12 minutes till the very first booom?
By:
R0ykeane
what happened to the other stupid thread?
By:
Trackman
When: 19 Oct 09 15:01
Is this the place for BOOOOOOOOOOOOOMING please :-)
By:
The Shiekh
When: 19 Oct 09 15:02
scom loves the paradise city
By:
donny osmond
When: 19 Oct 09 15:06
0ther thread is fullup and cl0sed r0y
By:
R0ykeane
When: 19 Oct 09 15:07
you can full up threads?? who closed them :0 shocking scenes
By:
donny osmond
When: 19 Oct 09 15:11
50,000 and 0ut :(

few years left in the 0wen 0ne yet :)
By:
Trackman
When: 19 Oct 09 15:14
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
By:
sweetchildofmine
When: 19 Oct 09 15:14
:)
By:
sweetchildofmine
When: 19 Oct 09 15:15
oh go on then... booooom :)
By:
The Shiekh
When: 19 Oct 09 15:15
happy birthday new thread cheers shearer
By:
R0ykeane
When: 19 Oct 09 15:16
No wonder yoiu championship clowns fill out threads you chat ** all day
By:
The Shiekh
When: 19 Oct 09 15:16
** off wanfer
By:
R0ykeane
When: 19 Oct 09 15:17
(championship)
By:
Trackman
When: 19 Oct 09 15:18
Good ere innit :-)
By:
Trackman
When: 19 Oct 09 15:19
**anee R0y a welcome addition to the new thread :-)
By:
Mackem_Mauler
When: 19 Oct 09 15:21
Hughton offered managers job :D

Sir Mike strikes again :)
By:
R0ykeane
addition? i started the 1st one so wind your neck in pup
By:
The Shiekh
scom simple question are you mavis
By:
The Shiekh
When: 19 Oct 09 15:22
mavis can you remember SIR TOM COWIE
By:
donny osmond
When: 19 Oct 09 15:23
mavis is not a sundland fan

hth
By:
Marxist-Leninist
When: 19 Oct 09 15:24
surely aimar and frings was even too outlandish for Anal Oliver.
By:
donny osmond
When: 19 Oct 09 15:25
moat has said hughton would be retained....move along ...no news here
By:
shearer2therestcue
hope yas caught message on other thread lol :0 :p
By:
shearer2therestcue
roy isnt scom imo
By:
Trackman
A welcome addition**anee R0y
By:
The Shiekh
When: 19 Oct 09 15:26
MAVIS YOU DONT SEEM TO WANT TO DISCUSS SIR TOM
By:
donny osmond
When: 19 Oct 09 15:27
mavis can cut and paste but knows nothing
By:
Mackem_Mauler
When: 19 Oct 09 15:28
Shiekh trying aimlessly to drag stuff up that went on about 25 year ago,lets just stick to whats happening NOW
By:
Jarra Mag
When: 19 Oct 09 15:29
Sir Tom knew mavis :)
By:
The Shiekh
When: 19 Oct 09 15:29
mavis i admire sir toms philosophy
Page 1 of 4224  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 4224 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now