Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Aspro
26 Jun 07 10:19
| Topic/replies: 4,180 | Blogger: Aspro's blog
Everton have got this single thread lark pretty much sewn up so come on Yeedo's, let's keep one of our own! One was started recently but feck knows what happened to it however, if the interest is there I'll try and keep this up where possible.

Q - Can we really challenge the top 4?

The Players...

Robinson - Overrated?
Chimbonda - What's the latest?
Zokora - Will this be his season?
Jenus - Is the best yet to come?
Berbatov - Staying or going?
Keane - ...or Defoe?
Malbranque - Happy to keep him?
Defoe - What now?
Taarabt - Opinions?
Dawson - Improving?
Huddlestone - A future star?
Lennon - On the left?
King - Can he remain injury free?
Bale - Ready for the big time?

Just a few questions to get this going but let's not forget our leader, Martin Jol.. Is he the man to continue?

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View *** THE SPURS FILES ***
Show More
Report propunter1 September 10, 2017 2:14 PM BST
An interesting stat from yesterday was our possession which was below 50%. It appeared as if we played Dier as the only defensive midfielder as Sissoko played a more attacking role. Consequently, we were more dangerous even though we had less possession. We'll see whether this was a one off or a change of tactics.
Report propunter1 September 10, 2017 2:16 PM BST
Alli will be missing in the first 3 CL matches and it will be a blessing imo as he was appalling yesterday - this is what we get when he doesn’t score.
Son will be a good replacement imo as he is more consistent. Poch might decide to play Llorente with Kane.
Report propunter1 September 10, 2017 2:24 PM BST
This is Pochettino's fourth year in charge - we are very lucky to have him and hopefully he stays 10 years or more.
I could see us naming a stand after his name down the line.
Report FIGJAM September 10, 2017 3:53 PM BST
There's as much chance naming a stand after him as naming one after you.

Bit of a difference in the values of Deli and Son, one's worth £20,000,000 the other one 5 times that.Cool
Report TheAnorak September 10, 2017 5:58 PM BST
From the Harry Hotspur blog site, posted there about two hours before Propunter offers us his unwanted opinion on here:

"Dele Alli was appalling. For anyone joining us late, this is what we get when he doesn’t score."

This spare part isn't even original. That site is the one that hates Levy and all his works as well.

Let's try the same game in reverse:

"This is Propunters fifth year on the Spurs Files and we're very unlucky to have him. Hopefully he stays about ten minutes more."
Report hippie September 10, 2017 6:24 PM BST
I came across that Harry Hotspur on a news aggregate site while following transfer activity (he's another self-important prick btw) and I don't think this is the first time silly bollocks has plagiarised him.
Report propunter1 September 10, 2017 9:33 PM BST
I talked about Alli's inconsistent performances many times before on this form!

I haven't seen this 'Harry Hotspur' blog before so it's just coincidence - thanks for introducing this blog to me as it appeasers to have progressive open minded Spurs supporters express their opinions.
Report jedi sophie September 10, 2017 10:03 PM BST
Best young english player since Rooney,maybe even Gazza.
The PP1 has him marked as inconsistent,not as good as Son,lazy,by sound of it,and a non contributer unless scores!
Could NOT make it up.

Just a pity PP1 not on the Spurs board and he may have come to Liverpool in the first place.

Amusing contributor the boy though!Laugh
Report FIGJAM September 11, 2017 10:36 AM BST
Sorry jedi, I don't think you've been introduced, you just met the Village Idiot.
Report propunter1 September 11, 2017 1:50 PM BST
We do have some Flat-Earthers on this forum. Not you Fig-Brain, you are harmless
Report hippie September 13, 2017 12:38 PM BST
There's no excuses for Poch not to come away with all three points tonight. This is nothing like the Dortmund side we faced 2 seasons ago and Peter Bosz (first CL campaign) is no Thomas Tuchel.

Reus is out with an injured ACL, Dembele they sold and their injury list is mounting up, especially in defence. Bartra's got a groin strain and Schmelzer's tore ankle ligaments in their 0-0 draw with 10 man Freiburg at the weekend will keep him out for weeks. Whoever they draft in they'll have an inexperienced left flank and if Zagadou replaces Schmelzer (came on for him against Freiburg) they'll have two 18 year olds in their starting 11 (Zagadou and Pulisic). Of course, Aubameyang always has to be respected and there's plenty of experience in their midfield but whatever team Bosz puts out they haven't had much playing time together and are still learning his ways.

Hopefully, the arrival of Sanchez signals a back 3 with wingbacks will become the preferred starting formation (4 didn't work last campaign) which means no place for Serge Aurier. Probing for vulnerabilities down the right is too important to trust to Sissoko so Son has to get the start alongside Dier, Dembele and Eriksen. Arry up front with Fernando waiting in the wings and Serge ready to come on when it's time to close the game down.

#COYS
Report hippie September 13, 2017 6:46 PM BST

Tottenham Hotspur  @SpursOfficial   1 minute ago

#THFC: Lloris (C), Aurier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Eriksen, Son, Kane.

#COYS

Aurier for Trippier. I can live with that.

Report hippie September 13, 2017 8:38 PM BST
2-1 h/t

After 45 minutes Trippier must be wondering how he's ever going to get back into the starting 11. Aurier has been phenomenal. Love
Report hippie September 13, 2017 9:49 PM BST
Nervy 1st half at times. Assured 2nd half. Aurier had one of the best debuts I've seen.

It wasn't the sort of game that warranted a red but hey ho the continentals do it differently.

We're very much alive in the Group of Death and the lads have picked up invaluable experience.

Well done one and all. Love

COYS
Report ufcdan September 13, 2017 10:13 PM BST
Sadly my money didn't ride heavy on your shoulders Sad On another subject any of you lot seriously take offence to the Morata song ???
Report hippie September 13, 2017 10:21 PM BST
It's understandable that Roman Abramovich, chairman of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia, might take offence considering the money he's spent turning you nobodies into somebodies (abroad that is, you'll always be nobodies on this Sceptred Isle).
Report ufcdan September 13, 2017 10:27 PM BST
Apart from Champion league winners and current champions you mean hippie Cool
Report hippie September 13, 2017 10:29 PM BST
Bought and paid for by Abramovich, the man who's taken offence to the Morata song. Ingrates.
Report ufcdan September 13, 2017 10:34 PM BST
Was it Roman or the Sun etc making a mountain out of a molehill
Report ufcdan September 13, 2017 10:37 PM BST
We all know the score. I seriously doubt many Chelsea fans are anti Semitic. It's like you lot turning it around and calling yourselves by that name. PC world gone mad, banter nothing more nothing less.
Report hippie September 13, 2017 10:41 PM BST
I C&P'ed "chairman of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia" from the Torygraph, it's Roman.
Report ufcdan September 13, 2017 10:49 PM BST
Things are changing songs are mild now to what was sung years ago. As a kid used to go to OT and sing Munich songs Sad it's only as you get older you realise the value of life and the upset caused. As they say before you can be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish Mischief
Report hippie September 13, 2017 11:00 PM BST
It's hardly Lennon & McCartney finding something to rhyme with Madrid but the club issued the statement and Morata said he didn't want to be associated with it. Abramovich knows that if he asked your neanderthals to stop insulting his religion they'd ignore him so he's said he'll ban them from his club for life if they sing it. A simple solution for simple people.
Report ufcdan September 13, 2017 11:10 PM BST
So will he ban you lot from coming to Stamford Bridge for singing Y1d army CrazyLaughCrazy bit like NWA using the N word ! Unacceptable whoever uses it but one rule for one and a different rule for another. Talking of Neanderthals why don't you lot distance yourself from it ?
Report hippie September 13, 2017 11:21 PM BST

The word ‘Yid’ was adopted over 30 years ago by Spurs fans to combat racist abuse aimed towards them at football by opposing fans.
“It developed into a strong identity status that brought Jewish and non-Jewish Spurs fans together in an incredible show of unity that is admired worldwide. That is what fighting racism within football should be about.”

Its usage will die out eventually but as long as it's being directed at the Spurs faithful as a slur they will continue to own it.

Report mafeking September 14, 2017 1:39 AM BST
not gonna go overboard about tonight. played a lot better than that at wembley several times in the last year and not won. only liverpool have give us the run around at home recently as they did in the first half. just important that we took our chances, improved in the 2nd half and won

gives us a great chance of opening up a big gap on dortmund and a nice run of winnable fixtures coming up in the next month Happy
Report propunter1 September 14, 2017 8:52 AM BST
Like I said few times before we struggled in every match against teams like BVB, Liverpool, etc, teams that press high like us and has technically better players.

Poch shifted tactics last nIght and sat back to absorb pressure and hit them on the break. We then came out in the second half and started to turn the screws by playing our usual game as they were tiring.

Son was definitely a candidate for the MOTM. His pace, ability to run with the ball and excellent work ethics helped us to execute the Poch's tactics (plan B) successfully. COYS
Report propunter1 September 14, 2017 8:57 AM BST
Kane had an excellent game too. He appeared to improve his passing and ability to use his left foot - He must have been working very hard to improve himself.
Fair play to him.
Report WhiteHatJon September 14, 2017 9:46 AM BST
Harry MOM for me.

I see the BBC website is bigging up Harry today as a possible future winner of the Ballon d'Or.

Not sure that is too helpful or not ?
Report FIGJAM September 14, 2017 11:03 AM BST
We got slaughtered  1-2 first half,couldn't do a thing right except score 2 goals.First time I backed us this year and couldn't wait to lay off at half time.Sad,
Arry is different class and two left footed goals, the first a screamer.
Aurier made a tidy debut he and Sanchez obviously need time to settle in to our modus operandi.
Their weak link was their goalkeeper, whilst we only fielded 2 Englishmen and 3 GB players in all.
67,000+ last night which was the same against Burnley, but all the vibes suggest we'll sell out against R Madrid.

Btw it was loud at WHL but their support is fantastic if disciplined, especially as we weren't far from them,but I'd like to shoot the f.cking drummer.Devil
Report mafeking September 14, 2017 12:58 PM BST
kane is just phenomenal. he and ronaldo both have 29 club goals in 2017 but kane's done it 3 fewer games Shocked

figgy, it's just way too expensive. different story last season when the part timers only had to come to 5 or 6 games at wembley. now half of them are season ticket holders. impossible to find 50000 extra punters to pay 700 notes plus the cup games and all the other matchday expenses. should have been much nearer 500 if they wanted to sell plenty of times
Report hippie September 14, 2017 1:00 PM BST
Pulisic, an 18 year old yank with a big future in football in front of him. Who'd have thought it?

Their movement and passing was good in the 1st half while Moussa looked a bit sheepish and Christian's never going to win any accolades for his defending capabilities but the back line was resolute and the only anxiety was whether Hugo was going to throw in a howler. They had 68% possession, 86% pass success (compared to 71%) yet only 10 shots compared to 13 (https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1238363/MatchReport/Europe-UEFA-Champions...

What with how last season's CL campaign went and the Scooby Doo plot-line about a Wembley curse (which would have been splashed all over the papers this morning if they had come away with anything less than a win) a bit of trepidation going into the game was understandable but after the first day jitters they grew into it and ended the game as if they belonged (against one of Europe's less shabby sides). Demons have been laid, confidence boosted and as maf says there's now a run of winnable games all the way to Madrid.

As for the Germans singing. Watch a Bundesliga or 2.Bundesliga team throw in a stinker and listen to the crowd. They'll be harmonising while they should be booing. It's as if they all turned up for choir practice.
Report ufcdan September 17, 2017 9:50 AM BST
I refer to my post on the 27th August

Never mind Swansea next surely you should b........

ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedLaugh
Report FIGJAM September 17, 2017 10:14 AM BST
I would laugh while you can Dan, I'm reliably informed that you haven't got one season there, but in fact four.
If you and I are  still around I will be merciless. 

Back to the hell hole,and the MOD eulogy of defensive football, in our terms parking the bus.
Complete shower never looked like getting into our box let alone having a shot.Back to the bad old days when we can't break a team down.
That said I was listening to Talk Sport on the way home and Sam Natter face interview with Pochettino about Plan B/C.
He didn't like it up him and took offense,but in my mind Sam hit a nerve and his Achilles heel.
He ain't got one

The manger started by picking a failed formula with Son apparently in the left wing back position and Eriksen in a withdrawn midfield role. Mate neither works.
It appears to me he tries (unsuccessfully) to keep everyone happy, shooing in players so they aren't left out.
Kane, Son, Deli up front with Eriksen behind doesn't work,so Son should be dropped.
Another dreadful day at the office, personally I can't wait to get back to our roots and away from Wembley, to me it's a curse but sure as eggs are eggs the manager isn't helping.
Report hippie September 17, 2017 11:38 AM BST
Paul Clement and Swansea brought the same game plan as they took to Southampton and left with the same result, a 0-0 draw and the locals asking "how did we not win that?" Their aim is survival, not to be entertaining failures, and the onus was on Poch to break them down, which he couldn't do.

Any autopsy has to begin with his team selection. Ping, ping, ping, thud is the sound of a passing move as it reaches Sissoko. The only reason this square peg is being forced into our round hole is because Poch revived the club record transfer on that fateful deadline day and doesn't want to admit he made a mistake. It's hubris. Son works in this team, Sissoko doesn't. He's sluggish, his touch is awful and he's a passenger. Surely his instructions were to run at them with the ball like Dembele does, not stop the move and pass it backwards? Also noticeable was how the crosses dried up when Llorente came on. wtf?

Other factors - facing such a dogged defence was a come down from a CL high; Wembley isn't a home it's an expensive hotel which everyone wants a piece of; and Mike "the penalty" Dean. He used to celebrate Spurs goals, now he ignores obvious infringements to overcompensate.
Report FIGJAM September 17, 2017 12:05 PM BST
I agree Sissoko is a waste of space, some of the blame lies at the feet of the French captain who surely added his two pennyworth before buying.

Btw now beaten at circa 6-4(favourite)2-7 and now 1-4 at Wembley. I wasn't but presumably some fans were.
Report FIGJAM September 17, 2017 12:55 PM BST
involved
Report hippie September 17, 2017 1:14 PM BST
I backed Spurs at 1/5 as part of a "if one lets you down free bet acca" Sad

On a more positive note I laid Max Verstappen at 1.35 on F1 Singapore Grand Prix - Top 6 Finish. It took about 4 seconds to collect. Laugh
Report mafeking September 17, 2017 1:44 PM BST
can't argue with any of the above. taking an unnecessary risk putting son in a defensive position is a nonsense decision especially as we can't afford to with our record at wembley. he doesn't have a defensive mindset and it's like playing with 10 men with his effectiveness in forward areas reduced. frankly son and the senior players should have told pochettino he's not doing it

apparently we should have had 2 penalties but we really shouldn't be relying on the whims of mike dean to beat the likes of swansea. the stats suggest we should have won about 3-0 but that just shows how they can lie cos kane hitting the bar aside i can't remember anything clear cut. certainly flappyhandski didn't have to make a lot of great saves
Report jedi sophie September 17, 2017 1:47 PM BST
Why was Ben Davies not playing?I thought you really missed his drive and delivery.Refused to put him on as sub too.Injury i assume.Trippier playing leftback seemed very strange when Davies been flying.
Report mafeking September 17, 2017 1:56 PM BST
more likely pochettino trying to be too clever. the system depends on our full backs doing a lot of running and he likes to switch them around if he can. davies played both wales games then everton and dortmund and there's no natural replacement for him at the moment with rose nowhere near being fit still

should have gone all out to make sure we beat swansea with a proper team in their proper positions. davies obviously won't play in the league cup either so did he really need 10 days off ?
Report hippie September 17, 2017 2:01 PM BST
Davies picked up a knock on his ankle against Dortmund but if Poch had it in the back of his mind that Tripper could go left then Aurier could have started right and there would have been no need to experiment with Son.

The team selection smacked of just turn up to collect the points.
Report ufcdan September 20, 2017 8:31 PM BST
I would laugh while you can Dan, I'm reliably informed that you haven't got one season there, but in fact four.
If you and I are  still around I will be merciless. 

Have at it FIGJAM, Stamford Bridge, Wembley or Allianz Arena we thrive in fact you could say it's what makes us Champions Wink
Report sofaking September 21, 2017 12:49 AM BST
Go start a Chelsea supporter's thread Dan. Your semi-literate ramblings are not welcome here. Happy Unfortunately for you there's only one other Chelsea fan on this forum (Dr. Adkins). At 60+ years of age you're way to old to be an internet troll. Grin
Report FIGJAM September 21, 2017 10:38 AM BST
I didn't go Tuesday(nor did it appear did many fans)but from what I gather Sissoko didn't cover himself with glory.
I think the time has come to recognise he's finished as a Spurs player and to cut our losses come January.
The experiment of wing back with Son is another non runner, but that should have been obvious before selection.
I think fans aided by the Wembley curse are beginning to see Pochettino ain't magic, although it's not too late to change, he needs to pull his finger out regarding selection and his bete noir-substitution.
Eriksen playing too far back is also a concern, we look at our most dangerous with him playing with Dele and Arry in a front 3,which means no Son.
It's West Ham's cup final Saturday we don't want any more self inflicted slip ups.
Report hippie September 21, 2017 11:48 AM BST
Last night in la Liga, Real Madrid 0 Betis 1 - there's our template.
Report ufcdan September 22, 2017 7:30 PM BST
At 60+ years of age you're way to old to be an internet troll. Grin

sofaking you're never to pick up a new skill, I'm still down with the kids Cool as for being semi-literate not much hope for improvement there Mischief
Report sofaking September 22, 2017 11:11 PM BST

Sep 22, 2017 -- 7:30PM, ufcdan wrote:

At 60+ years of age you're way to old to be an internet troll. sofaking you're never to pick up a new skill, I'm still down with the kids  as for being semi-literate not much hope for improvement there

Ok, if it helps keep dementia and Alzheimers at bay then I'm ok with you being a troll here. Silly

Report hippie September 23, 2017 2:38 PM BST
23rd September 2016 - Serge Aurier sent off for PSG (2 yellows)
23rd September 2017 - Serge Aurier sent off for Spurs (2 yellows), Spooky.

rash challenge for the second yellow but he had a good game until then (only the 3rd red of his career). Great player to watch.

Dele had the worst game I've seen from him. My guess is the off-field manoeuvrings are getting to him. Match winning performance needed from him at Huddersfield.
Report mafeking September 23, 2017 7:04 PM BST
thought we put them firmly in their place this time before the unexpected late wobble. really though it wasn't exactly a siege after it went 3-1 and we were down to 10

stupid challenge from aurier 70 yards at least from our goal. gotta be more sensible than that when on a yellow

what a shocking excuse for a ground it is. we were right at the back and looks even worse from there. must be 20 yards at least from front row to the pitch
Report TheAnorak September 25, 2017 9:56 PM BST
Quote from a West Ham fan who writes highly amusing and entertaining reports on their matches:

"Indeed trying to pass off Sissoko as a replacement for Wanyama is like me sellotaping some plastic knives to my knuckles and claiming to be Wolverine."
Report Mealiff September 26, 2017 4:32 PM BST
imho lacking serious cutting edge tonight in Cyprus .
No flair or creativity with Eriksen ,Ali & Dembele out

at 1.43 looks a reasonable lay ... draw
Report 23nights September 26, 2017 10:12 PM BST
coyssss
Report hippie September 26, 2017 10:24 PM BST
Arry's 'at-trick - left foot, right foot, 'eader. Love

Dominated possession but rode their luck at times in the first half, especially when Hugo threw in his customary howler, but 6 consecutive away wins is the best since 1960 (10 consecutive away wins).

6 points was minimum requirement from the first 2 games and 6 points were achieved. Double header against the European Champions coming up. The dream is to win in the Bernebau but avoiding defeat in Dortmund remains the key to progressing to the knock-out stage and swerving the dreaded Europey League.

COYS
Report sofaking September 27, 2017 2:45 AM BST
Great result. Some lessons learnt from last season's debacle in the CL it seems.
Report sofaking September 27, 2017 2:46 AM BST

Sep 26, 2017 -- 4:32PM, Mealiff wrote:

imho lacking serious cutting edge tonight in Cyprus .No flair or creativity with Eriksen ,Ali & Dembele out at 1.43 looks a reasonable lay ... draw

Laying Spurs away from home is a quick way to the poorhouse.   Lay them at Wembley all you like though. Silly

Report Mealiff September 27, 2017 10:52 AM BST
^^^
Lay lasted only 20 mins ..
we were poor in that period of time but could only get better .
Grinding out results , results are what counts even though it's boring to watch .

on the big plus point , Sissoko was outstanding
Report Lance in France September 27, 2017 11:59 AM BST
Personally i thought Winks was the standout (hat-trick hero not included). Whilst I don't wish to appear pessimistic, can anyone else see this particular scenario playing out?

We get beaten by Madrid twice and Dortmund beat the whipping boys twice. We then lose at Dortmund (by more than 2 goals and its even worse). All 5 outcomes there quite possible. Next Madrid have a nothing to play for game against Dortmund having already won the group and even if we hammer the Cypriots in the last game a draw for Dortmund spells the end for us. Someone please explain to me why it won't happen like that. It appears the order of matches was kind to us at the beginning but it may not be so at the end.
Report hippie September 27, 2017 12:21 PM BST
Based on that scenario Lance we have to believe the ex-Spurs players in the Madrid line-up won't go into the Dortmund game with a nothing to play for attitude.

At the moment our destiny is in our own hands and Madrid's league performances has to give us belief we won't drop maximum points to them.
Report Lance in France September 27, 2017 1:59 PM BST
Of course hippie, it's just the nightmare outcome that may happen. Nick a point from Madrid or Dortmund away and it's irrelevant. My unhappy ending had Madrid playing the reserves in Match 6
Report LAMBETH WALK September 27, 2017 11:51 PM BST
2 wins and all you boys can say is .. how you fret you might not get thru... pathetic outlook...
Report jed.davison September 28, 2017 2:31 PM BST
We will beat Real Madrid home and away.

HTH
Report Lance in France September 28, 2017 2:57 PM BST
Thanks Tucky, that takes the pressure off :)
Report Lance in France September 28, 2017 2:59 PM BST
Grin
Report mafeking September 29, 2017 1:41 PM BST
we have lost 2 first team games by 3 goals or more since pochettino has been in charge. conceded 3 in the league once in 2 and a half years. one thing this spurs team does however whatever form they might be in is they very rarely concede goals

in any event 1 point from the next 3 games almost certainly forces dortmund to win in the bernabeu. real madrid don't really do dead rubbers. ronaldo doesn't miss games and certainly not when he can fill his boots against their suspect defence. personal milestones are everything to him
Report hippie September 30, 2017 1:02 PM BST
"Nice one 'Arry, nice one son..." - they've revamped Cyril Knowles' song Grin
Report 23nights September 30, 2017 2:39 PM BST
coys
Report pixie September 30, 2017 3:59 PM BST
Kane has just been sensational for the past couple of years. Makes you wonder what he'd be worth if he was ever to be sold.
Report mafeking September 30, 2017 10:59 PM BST
well that concludes a highly satisfactory week showing west ham up for the shambles of a club that they are on and off the field, a pleasant few days in cyprus seeing us long odds on to qualify in the CL and a routine routing of huddersfield

all told 6 wins and a draw since the last international break. couldn't ask for much more really and tbh for the most part we've done it in 2nd gear. we can be a lot better than this and hopefully we will go on one of our long winning runs. impressive when you consider our first choice midfield pairing have hardly featured and we've had several other suspensions to deal with. whisper it quietly moussa sissoko has really stepped up to the mark in their absence. been really good the last 4 or 5 games. a mention for sanchez as well. hasn't been noticed at all which is saying a lot for a young centre half in a new league

as for harry kane what can you say ? 23 goals in his last 15 games for club and country. people say he doesn't do anything special but it is special time and time again being able to find the corner of the net and give the keeper no chance. he's just relentlessly accurate often finding the side netting. you just have supreme confidence he's gonna score when  he goes through on the keeper
Report hippie October 4, 2017 12:44 AM BST

Real Madrid are preparing a 200m euro (£177m) bid for Tottenham striker Harry Kane. The Spanish and European champions are not put off by the huge asking price for the 24-year-old. (Don Balon - in Spanish) - 4 October

If they want him, they'll get him (Bale's on £350,000 per week after tax so there's no competing with their wage structure) but Neymar sold for €222 million so Levy needs to hold out for at least €225 million for Kane.

#WorldsMostExpensivePlayer Cool

Report sofaking October 4, 2017 2:59 AM BST
Probably just mind games or an attempt to distract/unsettle him as we're getting close to the CL double header.
Report mafeking October 4, 2017 1:29 PM BST
not a chance he would be allowed to leave before leading us into the new stadium. levy won't contemplate it whatever the money involved

in any case unlike others he's not shown the slightest indication of wanting to leave. in fact quite the opposite
Report jed.davison October 4, 2017 1:43 PM BST
Your trust in Levy turning down £200m for Kane far exceeds mine mafeking.
Report ribero1 October 4, 2017 2:59 PM BST
Re Kane,that fat **** Samuel couldn't resist sticking his nose in yesterday backing up Guardiola's statement.
Report mafeking October 4, 2017 3:31 PM BST
rib, it was just utter nonsense as per. take out the goals from any the top teams main forward and you'd see a marked drop off in results. just so happens kane is in a real purple patch at the moment and dele for example is off his game. expect roles will be reversed at some stage in the season

if anything we've been less dependent on kane's goals than when he first got into the team. his percentage of the total team goals has been dropping not rising over the last 3 years as the team has improved. he scored "only" 35 out of something like 117 goals last season and results didn't drop off at all statistically when he was out injured - 6 wins and 2 draws in the league games he missed

as for guardiola did him no credit at all. got every advantage in book and still feels he has to have a pop at a team with a fraction of the resources at his disposal. the sort of mean spirited remark more associated with mourinho. perhaps he forgets the names in that "harry kane team" which played city off park last october
Report jed.davison October 4, 2017 4:07 PM BST
Guardiola is a graceless oaf, just like Mourinho, but one at least has to give him some credit for asking his teams to play football rather than destroy it.
Report hippie October 4, 2017 4:37 PM BST
It was mean spirited but reflects the insecurities about his time as the Barcelona manager. Each of the 3 years Barcelona won La Liga when he was manager Messi picked up the Ballon d'Or and continued to pick up La Liga and the Ballon d'Or when he left. It must grate that the World and his wife knows he was a passenger in "the Lionel Messi" team.

Arry might not have showed any indication of wanting to leave but every player reassesses their priorities when Madrid come calling and based on Bales wages any delay will cost him the best part of £20 million a year (tax free). Levy will take the money and tell Poch to make him another one.

Incidentally, the CIES Football Laboratory currently has Dele's transfer value at €179.8 compared to Arry's €172.3.
Report mafeking October 4, 2017 4:52 PM BST
make him another one ? yeah right. may well be pretty easy to make any old full back look pretty good in our team formation but conjuring world beating centre forwards quite another thing altogether

his head may be turned by real madrid but i stand by my assessment he'll be here for 2 more years at least. as we saw this summer if the club says no what can the player do and harry's not the sort to kick up a fuss

as for the money sure he'll be on more like £200K per week in a year's time. don't think levy can sustain the current level of wages much longer for our very best players at least and certainly not when we move into a shiny bright new superstadium. he's not a fool
Report hippie October 4, 2017 5:25 PM BST
Harry's right up there, no arguing with that, and a major asset but Poch is about team building and there's more to the Harry Kane team than just Harry Kane. Last season - Eriksen 15 assists (6 goals), Dele 18 goals, Son 14 goals, etc. Could Morata have got as many goals in this team as Harry? We'll never know because he didn't want to be back-up to Harry but I suspect the answer is yes.

If the Madrid interest is genuine then as far as I'm concerned Harry's half way out the door and Poch & Levy need to identify a replacement and prepare for the future - with a huge wad of cash in the old sky rocket.
Report mafeking October 4, 2017 6:13 PM BST
certainly agree with you there's a lot more to this team than harry kane. in fact you could make a case that he's not even our most important player. toby alderweireld more irreplaceable in my book

just can't see daniel levy wanting to move into the new ground without our talisman. you'd be starting another season in a new ground on a real downer
Report bigH October 4, 2017 8:59 PM BST
what happened to all the posts since mid September??
Report sofaking October 5, 2017 3:36 AM BST

Oct 4, 2017 -- 8:59PM, bigH wrote:

what happened to all the posts since mid September??

Nothing. They're all there.

Report FIGJAM October 5, 2017 12:15 PM BST
Imho  Dele far more likely to go before Arry,not forgetting  Eriksen who is absolutely priceless to the team.
Not only ouronly creative midfielder but a superstar to boot.
Thank god the Spanish clubs have Modric and Messi to name but two in similar positions.
I'm not a fan of the rejuvenated Sissoko tales going around, in my book along with Lame Ella a waste of space.
The way the team's playing anyone could be the eleventh man.
Report mafeking October 5, 2017 1:21 PM BST
not sure how eriksen thankfully continues to go under the radar. maybe it's cos up to now we haven't done much in the CL and despite his best efforts neither have denmark recently but the premier league is the most high profile in the world
Report FIGJAM October 5, 2017 7:51 PM BST
R Madrid sold out and a mate from the West Country asked me today for Liverpool tickets but they're all gone.Cry
Report sofaking October 8, 2017 7:19 PM BST
Is this fúcking clown for real? Laugh he's the worst Spurs striker since Andy Booth.

Janssen: I left Tottenham to win trophies.

Fenerbahce striker Vincent Janssen has revealed the main reason he left Tottenham was to win trophies.

The Dutchman joined Spurs for £17million from AZ Alkmaar in July 2016 but only managed two Premier League goals last season and six in all competitions.

With playing time looking increasingly limited, Janssen decided to join Fenerbahce on a season-long loan deal over the summer transfer window.

The striker has already scored two goals in his first two starts for the Turkish side, including one in a derby day victory over arch-rivals Besiktas.

A signing ceremony was held at the Sukru Saracoglu stadium on Friday and Janssen revealed his reasons for moving to Fenerbahce.

“I left Tottenham to win trophies here, that is my main drive,” Janssen told reporters.

“I have never won a trophy in my career so that is my goal.

“I really want to win a trophy here, the whole team is driven for success.”

http://www.football365.com/news/janssen-i-left-tottenham-to-win-trophies

Report FIGJAM October 10, 2017 11:10 PM BST
10,000 no shows aka Wembley season ticket holders and the Spurs allocation tickets for Liverpool went on general sale and subsequently sold out.
I wonder how many Sculleys got tickets, and will that lead to aggro?
Report mafeking October 11, 2017 12:31 AM BST
shouldn't have what with tickets not being available to anyone not on the spurs system

looks like being a huge crowd - 80000+ - on saturday too before the 2 sell outs against the scousers and ronaldo's mob

suppose we haven't had a home game for nearly a month, holiday season over and a few wins in a row help flog tickets
Report 23nights October 14, 2017 5:00 PM BST
coysss
Report hippie October 14, 2017 5:29 PM BST
4 on 1 break at the end but because Sissoko is carrying the ball no surprise it results in an injury to Nkoudou rather than a second goal.
Report mafeking October 14, 2017 10:34 PM BST
very similar to our other home games except this time we got a winner. if kane doesn't get you eriksen will at the moment

some rather amusing results elsewhere. bring on the bernabeu Cool
Report FIGJAM October 15, 2017 4:34 PM BST
Like watching paint dry yesterday.Not helped by Son putting in his usual Wembley performance, that said the crowd only made some noise once we scored.
Third parking of the proverbial bus this year and that's not including the Italian defence by the Chavs.
I was talking to a fellow season ticket holder at golf today  who quoting Joey Barton said that the ball pinged off at WHL but drags at Wembley, whether that's true or not, we don't seem that same side there.
Different next week when at least Liverpool will attack us after the Lord Mayor's show in Spain.
Report jed.davison October 15, 2017 5:09 PM BST
No way that Spanish mob beat us.
Report mafeking October 15, 2017 7:51 PM BST
it's a monstrosity of a ground. hard to build up momentum when it takes so long to get the ball for every throw in. you'll notice the difference next year when the front row will be around where the advertising boards are at wembley not 20 yards away. bernebeu the same. very steep stands so even up in the gods you aren't so remote from the action

done well to win 7 of the last 8 with only about 14 players you'd trust for a proper first team game including missing both first choice central mids. obviously we can and will play much better
Report FIGJAM October 16, 2017 11:42 AM BST
Seats have been sold for the new ground already, bloke at the golf club has paid 80% of his, balance at Christmas.
Tbf he is high end and I think there is some form of catering deal involved as the amount his paying in the new East stand doesn't warrant the expense. I dare say the hoi polloi will pay at the usual time and the recent questionnaire will aid seating arrangements.
Report hippie October 17, 2017 7:17 PM BST
#THFC: Lloris (C), Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Aurier, Sissoko, Dier, Winks, Eriksen, Kane, Llorente. #COYS

Interesting line-up. 3-4-1-2?
Report ribero1 October 17, 2017 7:33 PM BST
Sissoko!
Report hippie October 17, 2017 7:46 PM BST
4-2-3-1
Report 23nights October 17, 2017 9:44 PM BST
coyyssss....great result....llorente wtf was playing him all about.we could of won it.
Report propunter1 October 17, 2017 9:55 PM BST
It wasn't pretty but deserved the one point imo. Considering the number of players missing we done well.

I think we should go ahead and offer Poch his desired 15 years contract - he is the best manager in the EPL.

What a player Modric is - real world class.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now