Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Aspro
26 Jun 07 10:19
| Topic/replies: 16,864 | Blogger: Aspro's blog
Everton have got this single thread lark pretty much sewn up so come on Yeedo's, let's keep one of our own! One was started recently but feck knows what happened to it however, if the interest is there I'll try and keep this up where possible.

Q - Can we really challenge the top 4?

The Players...

Robinson - Overrated?
Chimbonda - What's the latest?
Zokora - Will this be his season?
Jenus - Is the best yet to come?
Berbatov - Staying or going?
Keane - ...or Defoe?
Malbranque - Happy to keep him?
Defoe - What now?
Taarabt - Opinions?
Dawson - Improving?
Huddlestone - A future star?
Lennon - On the left?
King - Can he remain injury free?
Bale - Ready for the big time?

Just a few questions to get this going but let's not forget our leader, Martin Jol.. Is he the man to continue?

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View *** THE SPURS FILES ***
Show More
Report jed.davison May 13, 2018 5:27 PM BST
Thursday nights will be twice as funny next season as they were this season.
Report ufcdan May 13, 2018 5:29 PM BST
Laugh not seething as an fan of old used to it. When we were sh1t didn't mind losing because we were sh1t, hurts now as there's no need for it. As I've said elsewhere the players couldn't give a fxxk. They'll just move on. Worrying time for us Sad I've also said elsewhere while I take the p1ss it has been a good season for you playing at Wembley and your wage structure etc
Report ufcdan May 13, 2018 5:31 PM BST
Thursday nights will be twice as funny next season as they were this season.

I'll give you that one Jed Laugh
Report sofaking May 13, 2018 5:35 PM BST

May 13, 2018 -- 5:31PM, ufcdan wrote:

Thursday nights will be twice as funny next season as they were this season.I'll give you that one Jed

Isn't there a Chelsea thread you can drown your sorrows at?   Or are you the only Chelsea fan on this forum? Happy

Report ufcdan May 13, 2018 5:36 PM BST
One who'll put his head above the parapet
Report 23nights May 13, 2018 5:38 PM BST
this thread is now only open for champions league discussions so all the gooner,chelsea.hammer mugss can fk off nowDevil
Report ufcdan May 13, 2018 5:41 PM BST
Well 23nights when you win the cup get back to me
Report ufcdan May 13, 2018 5:42 PM BST
Champions of Europe, you'll never sing that !
Report 23nights May 13, 2018 5:48 PM BST
dan have a lie down m8 your embarrassing yourself...coyssss
Report FIGJAM May 13, 2018 8:42 PM BST
For a small fee and cheaper than the Racing Post.

Imho the "do as you likey" Shelvey was MOM by some considerable distance,presumably playing on manager's orders with balls over the top,
the Fat Spanish Waiter had done his homework, they played ominously in the style of Leicester who might well score a few goals come Sunday.
Newcastle should not have lost, and can count themselves very unfortunate, they are 5-1 against the Chavs on Sunday and that is imho a
value for money bet.
Report ribero1 May 13, 2018 10:34 PM BST
Just watched the match on Game of the day,lets hope that's the last we see of Sisokko,its like playing with 10 men,thought Moura looked promising and a complete mystery why he hasn't had more game time,Lamela took his goals well but was still awful in the first half,he's been here 4 or is it 5 seasons?anyhow whichever its enough.Have a feeling Wanyama may be off this summer too.
Report mafeking May 13, 2018 11:20 PM BST
a comedy game befitting the last day of the season. game already screamed goals before poch thought it was a good idea to drop dier into a back 4 after vertonghen pulled up lame. never a good idea. he just doesn't have a defender's mindset and lets his man go walkabout far too often. a game where both side's midfield just went missing - you've gotta be bad if lamela threatens a hat trick

can't imagine levy was that amused with what he was watching. something like a £17M difference between 3rd and 4th the way the CL money is divided up

gotta say the wembley experience has been a lot less painful than i was expecting. found a nice boozer 1 stop away on the tube and obviously helps we won the vast majority of the games there. that said can't wait to get back to tottenham. looks an amazing ground. COYS
Report FIGJAM May 14, 2018 11:56 AM BST
Correct me if I'm wrong but KYP two appearances two MOMs.
Looks the part can't understand why we wasted money on Aurier.
Seems quite small but then again so is Trippier,but he is fast, along with Lucas all
of a sudden we've got a couple of speedy players,add in Rose who's no slouch but who looked
for the first time this season back to his best.

Can someone logically inform me why the manager persists in playing the cart horse Sissoko,
and why he appears to have some sort of death wish with Sanchez,Sonny and Deli on the bench?

Given our defensive line up and the Leicester system of playing balls over the top it was obvious that we would leak goals.
Perhaps Pochettino was trying to prove a point to Levy, but none of that makes sense.
Report propunter1 May 14, 2018 3:42 PM BST
Pochettino's words were scripted carefully. They weren’t off the cuff remarks. This is what Pochettino has been thinking for a while now and it looks as if Poch will walk.

The ball is in ENIC's court now - Levy knows We’ve reached third place twice and finished second once because of Pochettino so can they afford to loose him?

Arsenal playing their last home match v city in front of half empty stadium should be a reminder to Levy what could happen.
Report woundedknee May 14, 2018 6:05 PM BST
He stands at the back of the shelf
Report Aspro May 14, 2018 7:32 PM BST
I can't see any way that Poch will get one over on Levy. The stadium will come first and comparing us to Arsenal Pro... tut tut
Report FIGJAM May 15, 2018 1:10 PM BST
I imagine I'm the only one on here who is ambivalent re Pochettino staying or going.
His persistent use of Sissoko has done what little brain I have-in.
Report jed.davison May 15, 2018 1:17 PM BST
I am ambivalent as well, in fact I'm not sure I wouldn't be happier if we just swapped managers with Chelsea.
Report Aspro May 15, 2018 1:30 PM BST
If he does leave then we need a manager with proven pedigree. I too am not too concerned if he stays or goes either but I'd like to see one more season out of him (with the summer window of course) to see if he can push on from here. We're looking good but we're not looking like winners.
Report Aspro May 15, 2018 1:33 PM BST
I'd also like to see if Marco Rose can manage in the Premiership. German born and current manager of Red Bull Salzburg who were amazing in the Europa cup. Not Spurs but I think one of the smaller teams could take a gamble on him. Could be one for the future me thinks. You heard it here first!
Report mafeking May 15, 2018 1:45 PM BST
i see the silly season is in full swing. i sure chelsea would like pochettino but not a hope in hell of it happening. levy would rather put him on fully paid up gardening leave for life than assist or in any way do business with that lot

however i do somewhat surprisingly feel myself falling into line with the general sentiment expressed here in that it wouldn't be the end of the world if we looked elsewhere. sure i don't expect it happen any time soon but i wouldn't be averse to taking the gamble as long as we hire an absolute proven winner. as good as it is to have regular CL time we don't wanna end up settling for being 3rd or 4th indefinitely
Report Aspro May 15, 2018 2:00 PM BST
My earlier post was ignored when I mentioned Ancelotti. Currently unemployed but would fit the bill if Poch does decide to leave
Report FIGJAM May 15, 2018 2:49 PM BST
I don't think it was ignored AsproLove I think at the time it wasn't relevant.
A short time later maybe it is.
Report propunter1 May 15, 2018 3:16 PM BST
"The Argentine is a modest man, but he is aware that the watching world thinks he has achieved miracles, despite the appalling conditions he has had to work under.

Mauricio has defeated distracted players who want better terms, bad players inflicted upon him that he never asked for, and still he has delivered qualification for the world’s most prestigious club competition.

This is new territory for Levy, he’s only had to deal with mediocre managers in the past and he has never had to manage success before."
Report ufcdan May 15, 2018 3:27 PM BST
This is new territory for Levy, he’s only had to deal with mediocre managers in the past and he has never had to manage success before."

Now if I'd said that LaughWink
Report propunter1 May 15, 2018 3:32 PM BST
just feck off
Report ribero1 May 15, 2018 3:36 PM BST
No doubt lifted from the Harry Hotspur blog pro?
Can I sign up re the manager too and like Fig his ridiculous use of Sisokko is top of the list,however I think he will stay and it will be interesting to see what we do spend and who goes.
Report ufcdan May 15, 2018 3:42 PM BST
I was just saying Shocked
Report Aspro May 15, 2018 4:48 PM BST
All the talk is Wanyama, Rose, Toby & Dembele all going. It has been too regular to be just paper talk. Replacing Dembele is a tough ask
Report woundedknee May 15, 2018 5:12 PM BST
put Vic Donkin in charge Cool
Report Injera May 15, 2018 6:49 PM BST
I don't think your manager has said anything different from EVERY manager in football. Review the squad and look to improve.

He can't quibble with spending surely? £40m on Sanchez??? £20m I think on Sissoko.

You did very well playing 38 games away and finishing 3rd.
Report mafeking May 15, 2018 9:34 PM BST
injera, don't he said anything particularly startling either but what's the point moving into a shiny new ground if it isn't going to significantly raise our spending power ?

we've spent very little net over the last few years and sanchez is our record signing but by comparison liverpool have bought at least 5 players at that level or above in the last year
Report ufcdan May 15, 2018 9:44 PM BST
put Vic Donkin in charge Cool

Fxxk me wounded knee, that's a blast from the past. Spurs had some decent fellas back then. Sammy Skives, Keithy Robbins he made a good few bob running coaches. Used to also be a black lad named Brixton. I used to know him quite well. Remember once we'd been to a party and crashed at a mates house. I let a ripper go, he was a quiet fella but it was one of the times I really saw him laugh.
Report ufcdan May 15, 2018 9:45 PM BST
Few times
Report sofaking May 16, 2018 3:21 AM BST
Dan, this is not the thread for you to discuss "rippers" you released several decades ago.Grin This is a serious thread for Spurs fans only. Happy
Report ufcdan May 16, 2018 5:45 PM BST
A ripper and Spurs..........one in the same Wink
Report propunter1 May 19, 2018 11:34 AM BST
Vertonghen was part of a meditation sketch alongside Mousa Dembele and was asked to imagine somewhere very quiet, to which super Jan quppied: “Like the Emirates”.
Report Knight Rider May 19, 2018 5:31 PM BST
Are Arsenal seriously going to appoint Mikel Arteta as manager?  "Hey look, that team is doing well, let's appoint one of their coaching staff as our manager."  Seen it tried SO MANY times down the years, not just in football but in other sports, and it rarely works.  Delighted.
Report jed.davison May 19, 2018 5:32 PM BST
They are a joke club now.
Report mafeking May 19, 2018 5:52 PM BST
yep list of failures long as your arm where the cone man at a successful club steps up to the number 1 job

see there was another error strewn piece of nonsense from martin samuel yesterday. think i'll trust levy and pochettino's judgment. they haven't got much wrong which is more than you say for those supposedly running certain other london clubs
Report Wesdag May 19, 2018 6:56 PM BST
Meanwhile, you have your best team since the 80's, have phuck all to show for it, yet concern yourself with what's going on up the road.

You really couldn't make it up.
Report ufcdan May 19, 2018 8:25 PM BST
Yet another trophy, you know how it is...................or maybe you don't Blush
Report Aspro May 20, 2018 8:40 AM BST
Paper talk this morning is saying that Levy & Poch have held positive talks about the future, Llorente and Sissoko could both be up for sale and the stadium is looking good!
Report woundedknee May 20, 2018 1:59 PM BST
ZIGGER ZAGGER     Another poxy FA Cup in the trophy cabinet  DREAM ON YIDOS
Report buzzer May 24, 2018 5:22 PM BST
New 5 year contract for Poch after lengthy discussion with Levy, this should mean the purse strings are going to be loosened
Report mafeking May 24, 2018 5:59 PM BST
and looks like united want to give us an extortionate fee for toby which can be reinvested in younger fitter players. would not be bad result for us imo. united can hardly concede less goals than they are at the moment. much worse if he ends at somewhere like liverpool
Report anxious May 24, 2018 8:55 PM BST
If  we are crazy enough to pay Tottenham 70 million plus for Audereweild then sense has gone out of the window
Report sofaking May 26, 2018 7:30 PM BST

May 24, 2018 -- 8:55PM, anxious wrote:

If

Report sofaking May 26, 2018 7:31 PM BST

If  we are crazy enough to pay Tottenham 70 million plus for Audereweild then sense has gone out of the window

Man U paid 90m+ for Pogba and are paying Sanchez almost half a million quid per week.  Sense went out the went a long time ago.

Report sofaking May 26, 2018 7:32 PM BST
*out the window ffs.
Report dr . atkins May 26, 2018 9:57 PM BST
any chance your club can show they want to be a top side and go out and re sign bale
Report mafeking May 27, 2018 1:22 PM BST
liverpool's defeat last night confirmed us officially in pot 2 for next season's competition. hopefully we can have some of their luck with the draw instead of the most difficult opposition possible in every round
Report ufcdan May 27, 2018 2:26 PM BST
any chance your club can show they want to be a top side and go out and re sign bale

He'd be better off at Fulham doc Laugh
Report mafeking May 27, 2018 5:53 PM BST
not likely when we're already offloading one 29 year old with a dodgy fitness record. if united think those sort of signings are their way back to the top i reckon they're very much mistaken

in any event what sort of serious attacking player to play for them at the moment ?
Report anxious May 27, 2018 5:55 PM BST
Would you be upset if Rose left too ?
Report mafeking May 27, 2018 6:08 PM BST
feels like it's a watershed summer for us. when poch said he wanted levy to be brave after the leicester game not sure he was just talking about a substantial increase in wages and transfer fees - poch has got a £3M raise - may be a regeneration of the side is gonna take place. alderweireld is gonna leave and maybe also rose and dembele although only dembele of those was a regular this season

as for rose in particular seems like he wants out but who's gonna pay a lot for him at the moment ? been nowhere near the same player after his injury in jan 2017 - ben davies comfortably keeps him out of our 1st choice side. will need a good world cup to tempt buyers
Report jed.davison May 28, 2018 9:03 AM BST
Even at 75% fitness Rose is a superior player to Davies - these boys must be allowed to regain fitness properly before you judge them, and Rose was only starting to look anywhere near his best near the end of the season. I expect him to have a decent World Cup, and I would be loath to get rid of him, especially if that meant Davies were our first-choice left-back next season - his defending sucks.
Report FIGJAM May 30, 2018 1:33 PM BST
http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-reactions-funny-an-advert-promoting-...
Report TheAnorak June 1, 2018 9:12 AM BST
Fatty Samuel wetting himself with excitement today over the possibility that our stadium won't be ready. Article full of ifs, buts and maybes, but zero facts, except the reality that his club had to play three away games at the start of last season because the ground they rent had more important things going on.
Report jed.davison June 1, 2018 9:48 AM BST
Samuels used to post on this thread, as clockwork.
Report mafeking June 1, 2018 1:06 PM BST
apparently it's gonna derail our title challenge. news to that we have the remotest chance in any case. i'm led to believe it's between city and the world's greatest ever team, liverpool. anyway that's what the likes of samuel have been telling us for months Confused
Report ribero1 June 1, 2018 10:36 PM BST
Lol Jed,was goint to post the same anorak,the guy can't help himself.
Report mafeking June 2, 2018 12:01 AM BST
yep you could be forgiven for thinking that. he does seem to be just about the most obsessed west ham fan going and there's plenty of competition for that. wonder how he'd react if we did achieve something really major Cool
Report ufcdan June 2, 2018 5:35 PM BST
Looks like Real Madrid are still after Pochettino from Spurs as the European champions look to take a break from winning trophies
Report FIGJAM June 2, 2018 9:47 PM BST
I'm worried for you dan, looks like your owner has lost interest and is thinking of puling out of UK.
Back to the bad old days and the championship within two years imho.
Still your old enough to remember when you were sh.t so not too much of a shock.
Report ufcdan June 3, 2018 8:58 PM BST
FIGJAM I'd be as happy as a pig in poo if we went back to the Championship but it's not going to happen. If Roman does go, we'll soon be picked up by someone. You could be right about lack of interest. Maybe it's why we've become a selling club especially where our youth players are concerned, maybe Roman's cashing in. I would not of minded seeing your fella at the Bridge, at least he gives the youth a chance Cool anyway please don't worry about me ! I can go to my grave seeing us become Champions of Europe where as time is running out for you...............even if your 12 Wink
Report TheAnorak June 5, 2018 10:46 AM BST
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/05/football-transfer-rumours-tottenham-and-southampton-in-for-shaqiri

Just what we need - Lamela in a fat suit.
Report Aspro June 5, 2018 11:36 AM BST
Paper talk no doubt but for the right price he could be an asset, good age too.
Report rogerthebutler June 6, 2018 5:12 PM BST
Whassup?

Did I miss much?
Report jed.davison June 6, 2018 5:14 PM BST
More idiocy from propunter, but that won't surprise you.
Report jed.davison June 6, 2018 5:14 PM BST
And utter idiocy from ufc - nor will that
Report ribero1 June 6, 2018 10:30 PM BST
Welcome back Roger.
Report Lance in France June 7, 2018 11:35 AM BST
Hi Roger, how are the girls doing?
Report Aspro June 8, 2018 1:23 PM BST
With all the current talk around Grealish and Martial the papers are reporting that Spurs fans would prefer Rashford. I'd be up for that and with Toby and Rose up for negotiation something along those lines could materialise... one never knows!

Grealish wouldn't be the worst buy ever and could fill the role of Dembele, not that anyone really could to be fair. Spurs are apparently holding out for £30m for Dembele and £55m for Toby and it looks like they want to get the ball rolling, even with the WC in sight.

Interesting window this one.
Report buzzer June 8, 2018 4:08 PM BST
Harry Kane signs a new 6 year contract, the purse strings are being shaken loose
Report propunter1 June 8, 2018 10:42 PM BST

Jun 8, 2018 -- 4:08PM, buzzer wrote:

Harry Kane signs a new 6 year contract, the purse strings are being shaken loose

It looks as if the wage structure is now smashed and I can see us signing few quality players this summer and there after. I am more than hopeful that  we will win a title or two soon.

"There is only one Pochettino ...."

Report themover June 8, 2018 10:59 PM BST
Honours
Manager
Individual

Premier League Manager of the Month: October 2013,[66] September 2015,[67] February 2016,[68] April 2017[69]
Report Aspro June 9, 2018 10:15 AM BST
Rumour has it that Eriksen and Alli are both in line for new improved contracts too
Report TheAnorak June 9, 2018 10:46 AM BST
"I can see us signing few quality players this summer and there after"

Just a guess, but is this the exact opposite of what he actually meant to write?
Report propunter1 June 9, 2018 12:14 PM BST

Jun 9, 2018 -- 10:46AM, TheAnorak wrote:

"I can see us signing few quality players this summer and there after"Just a guess, but is this the exact opposite of what he actually meant to write?

No, that was exactly what I meant to write. Now that Poch convinced Levy to increase the pay scales for our existing top end players like Kane, Eriksen etc.  I expect this to apply to our prospective new players too. As we know, We could not sign Mane and apparently Salah because of our wage structure.

Report Lance in France June 9, 2018 12:29 PM BST
Anorak - i think the 'a' is missing from pros sentence. Much like Neil Armstrong's message from the moon didn't translate the 'a' as well!
Report FIGJAM June 11, 2018 1:06 PM BST
I see Spurs reject Paulinho is featuring for the favourites for the WC whilst we still have
Sissoko on our books,he never seemed to fit in at WHL but given the amount of chances the wastrel
has had one wonders if he might have done better.
That doesn't alter the fact that Sissoko along with Lame Ella should have been sold seasons ago.
Report Aspro June 13, 2018 8:59 AM BST
Toby may stay with 2 years left on his contract... or so he is reported to have said. Doubt it somehow but one never knows. Interest at £50m is cooling though.
Report Lance in France June 13, 2018 9:12 AM BST
When I read it Aspro my immediate thought was his mindset. "Hello, Daniel appears to be increasing the pay structure - maybe it's not so bad here. Lets start mending some bridges" I could be way off of course!
Report Aspro June 13, 2018 9:59 AM BST
Let's hope you're not Lance and more importantly (if he does stay), let's hope he actually plays!
Report Wesdag June 13, 2018 4:19 PM BST
I said back in Jan that the new ground wouldn't be ready in time but what do I know.
Report jedi sophie June 13, 2018 4:24 PM BST
Villa should tell Levy to f off. Vulture.
Pathetic bid if true.
Report buzzer June 13, 2018 4:36 PM BST
Championship player inside the last 2 years of his contract and who refused a new contract, they needn’t worry Chelsea will offer 40 million, loan him back then wreck a potentially promising career anyway
Report mafeking June 13, 2018 4:44 PM BST
wouldn't put too much faith in anything the daily mail says in relation to spurs

just covering their bases at the moment. sure it'll be ready to stage a game on the weekend of 14 september if not entirely finished
Report buzzer June 13, 2018 8:18 PM BST
30 million offer for Dembele from an unnamed Chinese club accepted, well he wants his last big pay day
Report Aspro June 13, 2018 8:40 PM BST
Apparently it will also be announced tomorrow that we will play at least one more home game at Wembley
Report Lance in France June 14, 2018 9:21 AM BST
August 18th against Fulham at Wembley. First proper home game Liverpool Sept 15th
Report mafeking June 14, 2018 12:50 PM BST
could have been a lot worse given we've got 5 of the first 7 away. still plenty of winnable games

would imagine the liverpool game will be saturday night with a fully revved up crowd. sky will wanna give it the full hoopla. can't be any other day with potential CL the following tues
Report Aspro June 15, 2018 10:29 AM BST
According to The Sun (2 hours ago) Wanyama is wanted by Dortmund. Reports also suggest that Spurs want to wrap up the Dembele transfer quickly
Report FIGJAM June 15, 2018 4:17 PM BST
Dembele has been widely quoted as not doing anything until after the WC.

Grealish looks interesting, but value doesn't seen to match Villa's opinion.
Report FIGJAM June 16, 2018 12:27 PM BST
France are playing badly, but imho it would be better that their goalkeeper wasn't captain, likewise Spurs.
Report 23nights June 18, 2018 9:00 PM BST
well played harryGrin
Report sageform June 18, 2018 9:08 PM BST
Kane and Trippier were the 2 best players. Dele was quiet after getting a knock and should have been subbed at halftime.
Report wondersobright June 19, 2018 8:50 AM BST
^agree
Report 23nights June 24, 2018 7:54 PM BST
harry kane...Grin
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now