Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 4 people viewing this thread.
JUDGE JUDY
29 Dec 07 18:40
| Topic/replies: 42,218 | Blogger: JUDGE JUDY's blog
Ok we have had 'THE SPUDS FILES'

and

EVERTON TRANSFER STUFf

but

Now for the Daddy of them all:-

ARSENAL CHIT-CHAT

The team with the greatest support on here should be able to rival those

HHG you can kick it off

JJ ;)
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ARSENAL CHIT-CHAT............
Show More
Report JUDGE JUDY July 15, 2017 7:21 PM BST
If he doesn't get injured
Report lurka July 15, 2017 10:51 PM BST
El Nenny played centre half today, people already talking him up for that position. He might be good there but it's a bit premature. Some of our best defenders ever under Wenger weren't bought as defenders so you never know
Report Swiss Franc July 16, 2017 6:44 AM BST
This mornings page-fillers

Wenger--we have NOT bid for Mbappe
Wenger --the Ox not for sale
Mahrez wanted by Roma but prefers us
Lemar "desperate' to join Arsenal
Brozovic from Inter 'very probable'
&

Everton willing to pay £30mil for Walcott...Happy
Report dyno-layer July 16, 2017 7:41 AM BST
Christ ... I will drive him up to Goodison for his medical
Report lurka July 16, 2017 8:44 AM BST
Can't imagine Walcott wanting to go North. Moshiri is prob ready to fire Koeman if that's true.
Report enpassant July 17, 2017 1:06 AM BST
A rather cynical (I understand why) view of the Sanchez situation from 'gunnervlog' on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYa0eKcUhNQ).
If we sell to any club here then it will confirm absolutely nothing has changed at the club and we are being sold a lie again. If we cannot keep him he HAS to go abroad. If he will not do that he MUST stay even with the likely outcome we have to let him go for nothing.
If Wenger thinks he can sell Sanchez to City, Chelsea or Utd without a huge negative and likely volatile reaction he either doesn't give a sh!t or is deluded. I am cynical enough to believe the club will want him to say something, in the media, that will infuriate the support to the extent they can make it seem they are selling for our sake.
Keep him. If not sell him abroad. If not let him rot in the shadows of the club for a year. He couldn't hack it at Barca : comes here and like so many before him, his reputation soars and then he wants out like several before him. They won things for sure but their own careers quickly went down the sh!thole - VP, Cesc, Nasri & Barndor to name but 4.
Smacking his chest, grabbing the badge, pointing to the ground ("I'm staying here") then once the season is over he suggests he wants out. Fu3k that. Arsenal say things have changed ? then let him rot in the reserves.
Report Swiss Franc July 17, 2017 6:54 AM BST
Heres Mondays madness-

Arsenal are after Van Dijk fir £45m & Dembele from Celtic,although
Van Dijk has stated he only wants to play for Liverpool

AW tells fans to expect a very busy last two weeks of the transfer window

Arsenal have signed Thomas Lemar but will delay announcement
Until Monaco have signed a replacement
Report lurka July 17, 2017 9:40 AM BST
They want to cash in on Sanchez while they still can but won't only because Wenger and the Board will get flak from the fans = nothing has changed.

Disagree he couldn't 'hack it' at Barca, they had Suarez lined up and they needed to fund that transfer + he knew that they wouldn't drop Suarez for him and that he wouldn't get any game time. Disagree that his reputation has 'soared' at Arsenal, he had just as good if not a better rep in playing for a much bigger club at Barca before he came here.

'Let him rot in the shadows' = absolute nonsense. He will still be the first name on the sheet if we keep him. The idea of keeping him and not playing him is even more deluded than Wenger. He knows there is a chance he will stay so he's not saying anything to get up the fans' noses, he's not a complete idiot. There is nobody abroad interested in him it seems, ie no market abroad so selling him abroad is not an option atm. That guy is just spitting bile. I don't see how winning trophies and making more money is going downhill versus staying for less and winning nothing with us? Fair play to all of them who gave some of their best years to us and Wenger only for him to waste them by not even trying to match their ambition.

Haven't seen much of Lemar TBH but he seems to be yet another attacking midfielder, not what we need most is it?
Report JUDGE JUDY July 17, 2017 12:56 PM BST
I have said previously by keeping Sanches he will help us back into the Champions League which will be worth the £50 million in transfer money we get for him

Then next summer he can sign a new contract lol
Report JUDGE JUDY July 17, 2017 12:57 PM BST
Never heard of van di ck

He can go to Liverpool
Report lybertyne July 17, 2017 4:39 PM BST
Can't hear the name Virgil without thinking of Thunderbirds.
Report enpassant July 17, 2017 6:49 PM BST
Lurka : "...he knew that they wouldn't drop Suarez for him and that he wouldn't get any game time. "

This comment rather confirms my own that you disagree with.

He played (sometimes)in a very, very good Barca side in a very average league. So whereas he was a small fish in a big bowl (Barca being the bowl)he was not a sought after commodity when being sold to us. He was then a big fish in a smaller bowl ie the fulcrum of our side and the team set up for him to perform. I believe my point stands on firm ground.

"'Let him rot in the shadows' = absolute nonsense. "
I assume you misunderstood me here ( giving you the benefit of the doubt). I don't say don't pick him if he is willing to play I mean if he throws out the dummy if we refuse him his wish of leaving and then and I'll be clear this time, he refuses to play. Under those circumstances I would rather we keep him and he doesn't play than sell him to City et al. So I hope (if I am correct and it is me 'spitting bile') that you may reconsider whether your conclusions were based on a misunderstanding of my points.

"I don't see how winning trophies and making more money is going downhill versus staying for less and winning nothing with us? "

Since you ask a question here your point is easier to address.
I am referring to the individual careers of these players - "They won things for sure but their own careers quickly went down the sh!thole - VP, Cesc, Nasri & Barndor to name but 4."
-..not their trophy/medal collection. I thought I had made that clear in my post but perhaps not.

My points are of course subjective and open to debate or ridicule if you choose.
Report lurka July 17, 2017 8:21 PM BST
Enpassant, I didn't look at the video, I assumed they were the views of the bloke in the video, not yours. Apologies.

Spain is not a very average league, it's one of the top leagues in the world, if not the top. Stop believing the Sky hype and look at Europe as a barometer.

I don't see how any of those players' careers went downhill versus what staying would have given them under Wenger. Making more money and winning trophies in the process is the very essence of success as a footballer. The alternative was selling yourself short in the wages market and getting a 4th place 'trophy' every year. It's a short career and every player wants something to show for it at the end of his career. You think those players think they made a mistake in leaving? Fabregas has just won a league and is on more money than he would be if he'd stayed with us. He doesn't start every week but that's because he plays under a new manager who prefers steel/pace/tacklers and, most importantly, in a much better team than us competing with the likes of Kante for a spot. That's not going downhill, it's called moving up to a bigger challenge after your career has stagnated at a club where you have achieved all you can and you're not going to improve as a player.

Sanchez had a massive reputation when he signed for Barca. That's why Barca signed him. They take their pick of the best attackers in the world with the biggest reps and have done for decades since Maradona signed for them 30+ years ago. That's why they signed Suarez, Ibra, Braz Ronaldo etc etc. The list is endless. He had a bigger rep when he signed for them and he did well there, wasn't a flop. It's just that Suarez is better and was available. If anything his rep has diminished with us, as has Ozil's, as a lot of people would see them as lacking ambition in staying with a team with zero big trophy prospects, no Champions League any more and with no pressure on him, happy to take a paycheque every week in a comfort zone and see out his career.

Thanks for being clear that 'let him rot in the shadows' doesn't actually mean 'let him rot in the shadows' but is conditional upon him refusing to play. Perhaps you should have said that the first time. I didn't misunderstand you, there was no doubt. You changed what you said.
Report enpassant July 17, 2017 11:12 PM BST
No prob.
I don't watch sky. Spain has two top teams and 1 very good European quality side in AM. the league itself is fairly poor. 'Gunnervlog' from the little I have seen, speaks a lot of sense without the hype and rants ect. I take your point about knowing our lack of ambition, and hindsight is 20/20 of course - but would VP have gone to man u and all that that entailed for one league title and dumped to Fenerbache had he known ? Cesc drummed out of Barca after the almost sychophantic pursuit of him ? I'm not so sure. Whether they would or wouldn't is a moot point I suppose but they went from club legends to hated figures (more VP of course). Again my point revovles around the fact that they were sought after as world stars but fell well short (VP 1 good season) after leaving as many have before them in Wenger's stint as manager (Anelka the first I think). Ozil has little to no choice whereas Sanchez clearly does. Sanchez has increased his status and value since joining us without a question for me. If we were not almost criminal with our contract aberations he would surely be worth 80/90m in the current climate.
I didn't change what I said I just didn't make it clear enough I guess.
"Keep him. If not sell him abroad. If not let him rot in the shadows of the club for a year..."
There are 3 choices there and the first means make him stay for the last year regardless of his wishes, even at the loss of a transfer fee. It doesn't mean to imply he won't play - the third does that.
It is my view that should we allow him to leave after all the talk of "he will be here next season" guff from Wenger it wil be a betrayal by the club. A stark message will be sent out to the support and the footballing world. We CANNOT ALLOW THAT imo. Wenger has surely stayed to win the league- he cannot buy world class players if he sells his best. Make Sanchez stay, force him if needs be and forgive me - let him rot if it comes to it but make a stand ffs. Wenger makes a huge noise about our standing in world football as a club of class and quality (off field !) - so prove it Mr Wenger, here  and now.
Report lybertyne July 17, 2017 11:35 PM BST
tl;dr
Report ghostlygunner July 18, 2017 7:46 AM BST
yet another shambles of a transfer window

no ones knows whos coming or whos going and yet again we wont be ready come the leicester game

even when we get a player it seems to take a month or more to get "across the line" while other teams get it done in a matter of days

whilst we penny pinch we can never really compete

and if sanchez goes we have no chance of the title

which renders wengers extension a farce as theres nothing else that justifys it at all with no chance of c/l as we re not even in it

so sad to see the club like this but under this regime it will never change

one day Cry
Report Swiss Franc July 18, 2017 8:02 AM BST
Tuesdays tales

Crystal Palace want Chambers ,willing to pay around £18mil
PSG & Chelsea both join the hunt for Sanchez
Monoco digging their heels in fir £80mil for Lemar
Kieron Gibbs wanted by WBA
Wilshere wanted still by Sampdoria on the cheap
& now Palace are also interested
Report lurka July 18, 2017 8:05 AM BST
Fair enough Enpassant. I know we've sold our best players for a long time now and I've never really had a problem with it per se. It's the lack of reinvestment that's always been the problem for me and the lack of ambition in making these players want to leave in the first place.

If a player wants to leave - get rid but replace him with equal or better and don't water down the potency of the team, make it stronger. Same with Sanchez for me. If he wants out in his contract situation, then cash in now but make the team stronger by bringing someone else in, even if that means spending another £30m + what we get for him. We got some great money in from the likes of City over the years for players who weren't irreplaceable and didn't really make them much better, good business but no reinvestment.

Sanchez might be different but I'd rather see a player wanting to wear the shirt. The problem is the manager and the lack of ambition and CL football makes him harder to replace, nothing else. The money is there. I don't blame any player wanting to leave us in the current climate and it's been like that for 10 years. If the club wants to show ambition, then it needs to get rid of the manager and break the wage structure, simple as that.
Report JUDGE JUDY July 18, 2017 9:23 AM BST
To be fair to the club we have bought

Sanchez

Ozil

And Lac in the past few years who cost millions
Report ghostlygunner July 18, 2017 9:36 AM BST
lurka is absolutely spot on , the issue here really isnt who comes in and out its the manager that needs changing but sadly we re probably going to have to suffer for longer yet
Report JUDGE JUDY July 18, 2017 10:46 AM BST
Yes that is a fair comment
Report JUDGE JUDY July 18, 2017 2:03 PM BST
Chesney gone to juve
Report JUDGE JUDY July 18, 2017 2:09 PM BST
It's permanent by the way
Report JUDGE JUDY July 18, 2017 2:09 PM BST
€12 million plus €3 million add ons
Report Wesdag July 18, 2017 2:25 PM BST
AFC under Wenger can't win the EPL even if we brought in Messi & Ronaldo.

The mentality for years has just been about finishing 4th.

Oh, and a good cup run.

Well worth leaving Highbury for.
Report JUDGE JUDY July 18, 2017 2:45 PM BST
I think Messi and Ronaldo would certainly help
Report Wesdag July 18, 2017 2:56 PM BST
...for 4th place, yes.
Report JUDGE JUDY July 18, 2017 3:12 PM BST
I will be very confident of getting third
Report jed.davison July 18, 2017 4:01 PM BST
LOL
Report lurka July 19, 2017 7:54 AM BST
Playing Bayern in Shanghai at 12.20. Let's see if we can get revenge for the CL. LOL
Report lurka July 19, 2017 7:55 AM BST
If we don't get hosed by 4 goals gain then that's some serious progress and we should be optimistic about the season Laugh
Report ghostlygunner July 19, 2017 10:09 AM BST
we should be able to compete shortly with bayern according to our chief executive

you know the club that cant afford to pay sanchez what we can , charges about 1/5 the prices of our season tickets  , reinvests every penny back onto the pitch , oh and usually beats us 5-1 LaughSad
Report JUDGE JUDY July 19, 2017 10:22 AM BST
Only a friendly and doesn't really mean very much

It's only to get fit
Report enpassant July 19, 2017 12:42 PM BST
Cech would be better to turn his back on pens and put his arms out. he would be more likely to save one.
Report JUDGE JUDY July 19, 2017 12:44 PM BST
Don't forget it's only a friendly LOL
Report jed.davison July 19, 2017 1:02 PM BST
So friendly they put their reserves out.
Report enpassant July 19, 2017 1:07 PM BST
5-2 5-2
Report enpassant July 19, 2017 1:45 PM BST
The ref is making astonishingly strange decisions.
Report enpassant July 19, 2017 1:47 PM BST
The Willock one is one of the poorest calls I think I have ever seen in terms of being so clearly one thing given the other way. Won the ball, gets clattered into while off the ground and a free kick goes to BM !
Report enpassant July 19, 2017 1:49 PM BST
13:43
Sky's view:

BAYERN 1-0 ARSENAL

54: Some real baffling refereeing decisions out there today. Hummels completely upends Iwobi, but nothing is given just outside the box.
Report jed.davison July 19, 2017 2:25 PM BST
Always been the same in football - big clubs getting decisions against small clubs.
Report lurka July 19, 2017 2:31 PM BST
Iwobi 1-1. We've turned the corner
Report Wesdag July 19, 2017 2:34 PM BST

Jul 19, 2017 -- 2:25PM, jed.davison wrote:

Always been the same in football - big clubs getting decisions against small clubs.

The voice of reason & bitter experience.

Report JUDGE JUDY July 19, 2017 3:03 PM BST
Moral victory
Report JUDGE JUDY July 19, 2017 3:03 PM BST
That will teach Bayern Munich
Report JUDGE JUDY July 19, 2017 3:09 PM BST
They won't mess with us again
Report enpassant July 19, 2017 5:50 PM BST

Jul 19, 2017 -- 2:34PM, Wesdag wrote:

Jul 19, 2017 --  2:25PM, jed.davison wrote:Always been the same in football - big clubs getting decisions against small clubs.The voice of reason & bitter experience.

LOL  !

Report enpassant July 19, 2017 5:57 PM BST
So we do have a keeper that can save pens !
Report enpassant July 19, 2017 7:32 PM BST
Moratta gone to Chelsea- Sanchez is looking at PSG (if they fail to get Neymar) or wait a year and go to City ? If City really needed someone down their left they won't wait a year with the money they have and Pep desperate to restore his 'wondermanager' status.
Report Swiss Franc July 20, 2017 10:19 AM BST
Thursdays tit bits

PSG are reported coming to London
To discuss terms over Sanchez

Elneny turns down £10mil move to Leicester
Arsenal want £20mil+ for Wilshire
Report jon b July 20, 2017 10:35 AM BST
Interesting if Psg rumours ring true, Wenger might let that happen and Sanchez gets his beloved C/L footy seeing as that's the excuse he is using for wanting out rather than his real reason which is he has lost respect in Wenger either as a coach or a person imo.
Elneny turned that down or AFC ?.
Report JUDGE JUDY July 20, 2017 11:00 AM BST
How do you know he has lost respect for Wenger please ?
Report Swiss Franc July 20, 2017 11:31 AM BST
Apparently Elneny likes life in London too much & doesnt wanna leave
Report enpassant July 20, 2017 2:29 PM BST
Wenger is obviously a good man and has earned respect from many quarters. He has lost a lot of the respect he had in footballing terms though imo. So many players have said, directly or indirectly, that his coaching is fundamentally lacking. So I can understand if Sanchez, realising this, believes Wenger cannot produce a title winning team. Let's face it, the majority of us believe that too.
Report ghostlygunner July 20, 2017 3:44 PM BST
he once seemed a decent man but his behaviour in the last six months and constant lies have eradicated all of that belief , allied to that a nowadays very limited manager tactically and you dont have a lot , certainly not a £10 mio a year boss Laugh
Report jon b July 20, 2017 6:16 PM BST
as I said JJ that's in my opinion, obv I don't know it for a fact.
Report dambuster July 21, 2017 9:32 AM BST
Agree Jon b  as i've said for the past 6/7 years, Wenger came to us, he was 6/7 years ahead of the most other  managers (apart from Fergie),
after 6/7 years they caught up, now they've gone past him ...
But he's earning Silent Stan and himself a fortune, so f u kc the fans..
Report lurka July 21, 2017 1:59 PM BST
I actually think he was ahead of Fergie as well in terms of diet and training methods but Fergie realised this, got in coaches with more modern methods and that's what allowed Man U to bridge the gap and eventually leave Wenger behind. If Wenger acknowledged his limitations like Fergie did and did the same with his right-hand men, Arsenal might never have fallen backwards and might still have been challenging for titles the last 10 years. But he is too stubborn and blind to have ever done that or to see the flaws in his team and here we are.
Report JUDGE JUDY July 21, 2017 2:44 PM BST
Well ahead of slur alex
Report JUDGE JUDY July 21, 2017 2:45 PM BST
Rafinha?

Anyone know much about him?
Report lurka July 21, 2017 3:03 PM BST
Thiago Alcantara's younger brother. That's about it
Report lurka July 21, 2017 3:04 PM BST
Another non-tackling midfielder
Report JUDGE JUDY July 21, 2017 3:13 PM BST
Accirding to sky sports Barcelona win £26 million for him

He has hardly played 48 since 2011
Report JUDGE JUDY July 21, 2017 3:14 PM BST
Do they think we are mugs ?
Report lurka July 21, 2017 5:25 PM BST
You'd have to wonder why we're even interested. And they'll put one of those clauses in that they can buy him back for £30m if he turns out to be good
Report JUDGE JUDY July 21, 2017 6:00 PM BST
It was reported they had offered him to us

That seems a strange way of putting it

Sounds like they are touting him around

If he's no good for Barcelona he's no good for us LOL
Report JUDGE JUDY July 22, 2017 12:01 PM BST
PSG will offer €40 million for Sanchez

Not worth even considering that
Lol
Report jon b July 22, 2017 12:04 PM BST
cheeky bid, taken lessons from Arsene
Report salmon spray July 22, 2017 12:05 PM BST
I agree THAT looks a bit low but I doubt PSG will have to go much higher given his age,the contract situation and the fact that Arsenal will hardly dare to sell him to anothe EPL club.
Report Afc888 July 22, 2017 12:30 PM BST
Just about sums Arsenal up with the contract situation with our best player.. Shame really.
Report JUDGE JUDY July 22, 2017 12:31 PM BST
Ospina, Maitland-Niles, Mertesacker, Monreal, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Xhaka, Bramall, Ozil, Iwobi, Lacazette
Report JUDGE JUDY July 22, 2017 12:35 PM BST
What the fu ck is on our shirts
Report Afc888 July 22, 2017 12:36 PM BST
Is this on TV JJ?
Report JUDGE JUDY July 22, 2017 12:36 PM BST
It's like our shirts are a bit redder than last season
Report JUDGE JUDY July 22, 2017 12:37 PM BST
ITV 178
Report jon b July 22, 2017 12:37 PM BST
itv now
Report Afc888 July 22, 2017 12:38 PM BST
Cheers lads.
Report jon b July 22, 2017 12:38 PM BST
Hmm, betting wise you,d have to take Chelsea here at odds against, might watch 10 mins first
Report JUDGE JUDY July 22, 2017 12:43 PM BST
Love the colour of the 1971 type shirts

As you know I complained last year saying the shirts with too light
Report JUDGE JUDY July 22, 2017 12:43 PM BST
We Won't lose Jon
Report Angela Rebecchi July 22, 2017 12:44 PM BST

Jul 22, 2017 -- 12:43PM, JUDGE JUDY wrote:

We Won't lose Jon

why so confident with that line up?

Ospina, Maitland-Niles, Mertesacker, Monreal, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Xhaka, Bramall, Ozil, Iwobi, Lacazette

Report JUDGE JUDY July 22, 2017 12:48 PM BST
Granite is going to be a massive player for us this year

In my opinion a future Arsenal captain
Report JUDGE JUDY July 22, 2017 12:48 PM BST
Granite is going to be a massive player for us this year

In my opinion a future Arsenal captain
Report JUDGE JUDY July 22, 2017 12:49 PM BST
It's not a bad team Angela
Report jon b July 22, 2017 12:49 PM BST
JJ is always a confident guy Angela
Report Angela Rebecchi July 22, 2017 12:51 PM BST
Chelsea seem more full strength, that's all I was thinking.

Arsenal (3-4-2-1) Ospina; Maitland-Niles, Mertesacker, Monreal; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Xhaka, Bramall; Ozil, Iwobi; Lacazette.

Chelsea (3-4-2-1) Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Alonso; Willian, Pedro; Batshuayi.
Report Angela Rebecchi July 22, 2017 12:51 PM BST
I agree with jon. Chelsea look a good price to me.
Report JUDGE JUDY July 22, 2017 12:52 PM BST
The defence hasn't improved LOL
Report jon b July 22, 2017 12:59 PM BST
who,s defence ?
Report JUDGE JUDY July 22, 2017 1:02 PM BST
Told you you we would win the FA Cup LOL LaughLaughLaugh
Report One footed pony July 22, 2017 1:17 PM BST
Ozil isn't exactly a Rocastle is he.

Yep next Plain
Report jon b July 22, 2017 1:19 PM BST
lucky not to be behind, deserve to be overall
Report jon b July 22, 2017 1:20 PM BST
Merty struggling with the heat by the looks
Report JUDGE JUDY July 22, 2017 1:22 PM BST
Oh dear lol
Report JUDGE JUDY July 22, 2017 1:23 PM BST
It's only a friendly Cry
Report JUDGE JUDY July 22, 2017 1:24 PM BST
Sunday morning defending

Absolutely woeful
Report Angela Rebecchi July 22, 2017 1:25 PM BST
Amazed that Chelsea's price pushed out that half, massively dominant. Arsenal's team clearly far from full strength too. Hope you made money jon.
Report jon b July 22, 2017 1:27 PM BST
could or even should be 3 or 4 already, sod friendly AW under scrutiny even in games like this, might be classed as  friendly but its Chelsea not some also ran Australian outfits.
Report JUDGE JUDY July 22, 2017 1:28 PM BST
Lac looks very unfit
Report jon b July 22, 2017 1:30 PM BST
Na, it did look like it was gonna be value but hate backing against us and these friendlies can change quickly with multiple subs etc so just left it. def gonna bet with head over heart this year though, I/r plays I think after watching for say 15 mins and trying to find some angles that might be value.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now