EVERTON TRANSFER STUFf

but

Now for the Daddy of them all:-

ARSENAL CHIT-CHAT

The team with the greatest support on here should be able to rival those

HHG you can kick it off

JJ ;)
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ARSENAL CHIT-CHAT............
Show More
Report dyno-layer November 2, 2017 12:32 PM GMT
We will need pace against these guys. They are just going to keep running at us. BFG will be pulled to pieces. We cannot risk him here.
Report enpassant November 2, 2017 12:39 PM GMT
He has shown many times if a team plays to his strengths, he is a very well organised defender that reads the game well and can pull people around him into shape. Wenger generally throws him to the wolves and he looks totally out of place. If we are to have a brain freeze and go gung -ho at them I would totally agree: he cannot play that way he would be destryoed and us along with him.
Report enpassant November 2, 2017 12:41 PM GMT
* and I would say we need pace up top but not at the back providing we play deep.
Report dyno-layer November 2, 2017 12:45 PM GMT
Lets see what happens.... If he goes for the same 11 we are doomed
Report Wesdag November 2, 2017 3:29 PM GMT

Nov 2, 2017 -- 5:34AM, pixie wrote:

I fear the worst on Sunday. Citeh are playing some fantastic football, up until last night they hadn't played anyone who you might expect to get a result against them. I think they could even go close in the Champions League, I tried to back them at 9.4 and didn't quite get matched, they're in to 6 now. I think we're quite a bit behind their standard but you never know....

Rest assured, Wenger says he's building something "special" at Arsenal - just hope we all live long enough to see it.

Yes, it's all about money but yet we can afford to pay Theo Walcott £30k more than Harry Kane.

We were offering Oxlade Chamberlain the combined salaries of Kane & Dele Alli to stay.

Wenger knows indeed.

Report Blackrock November 2, 2017 5:09 PM GMT
Chelsea have not been the same old Chelsea this year, so getting a point there was not as good as it seemed at the time.

This City mob are a different kettle of fish. I see 5-1 or 5-2 to them. Hope im wrong.
Report jon b November 2, 2017 5:13 PM GMT
Bigger test than v Chelsea for both Ramsey and Xhaka this week, City will be much slicker than Chelsea imo, these 2 should be almost forced to keep shape but will they be able to stop some of the attacks, I'm not sure and Id def prefer to see FC in there over one of them. Sanchez a poss future City player but lets hope he tries to show them what they will be getting, I'm sure he,l want to prove he is better than his opposite numbers in their team, I'm expecting him to be right up for this game
Report lurka November 2, 2017 7:57 PM GMT
Coquelin starts tonight, 11 changes from Swansea
Report Storm Alert November 2, 2017 8:55 PM GMT
Wallycott should be ashamed to pick up a pay cheque.  How many millions has he picked up for being a clueless prima donna (or maybe I'm doing him disservice and he realises how sh!te he is).
Report ghostlygunner November 2, 2017 9:29 PM GMT
kin heartbreaking to see us playing in this pile of junk on a thursday night in an empty stadium

and the worst thing of all , you just know even a tonking by city and a home defeat to spurs , and wenger would still survive :-(
Report lurka November 2, 2017 10:18 PM GMT
When we were told the new stadium was needed to keep us competitive with the best teams in Europe, who'd have thought that just over 10 years later it would be Spurs beating the best team in Europe and moving to a new ground, with one of the savviest managers in Europe, spending far less than we do, with us out of the CL and them in our place and challenging for the league every year.

Maybe their owners are as greedy as ours and will allow their stadium move to go as títs up as ours has. Here's hoping!

The fúckwits who sold their shares to Kroenke should be hounded forever. Dein advised against it and to go with Usmanov and they got rid of Dein as well.
Report ghostlygunner November 2, 2017 10:40 PM GMT
lurka some people still cant see it and are now in so deep in their cult following for wenger that they cant admit theyve been conned
Report pixie November 3, 2017 10:37 AM GMT
I can see what all the fuss about Nelson is now, looks an outstanding prospect. In fact all three that started looked like they had something about them, Maitland-Niles and Willock looked good too.
Report dambuster November 3, 2017 2:23 PM GMT
How long before they get there heads turned by more successful club ?
Report lurka November 3, 2017 3:26 PM GMT
yeah the future looks bright
Report Wesdag November 3, 2017 3:43 PM GMT
Think we'll all be dead by the time the future arrives.

Heard it all before, almost every season - promising youngsters coming through.
Report ghostlygunner November 3, 2017 10:25 PM GMT
we ll never get the last decade back sadly

in hindsight wenger has been great for arsenal for 10 years then great for chelsea for 10 years

how the current situation has been allowed to develop is almost beyond belief and there is still no end in sight

we ve regressed as a club for the last decade and our european history for the biggest club in the capital of our country is quite frankly an embarrassment
Report ghostlygunner November 4, 2017 8:16 PM GMT
the hammers in a similar boat to us

lied to about the reasons for moving stadium

now told to follow the same rules as us , come to the ground empty your pockets and dont complain

the sad state of football under greedy ownership
Report sugarfoot November 5, 2017 10:17 AM GMT
What's the strategy today?

A sit-deep, battling performance that ends in a 0-2 defeat (2nd goal on the break 90')?

Or a silly-bollocks, we'll-score-more-than-you tilt at Man City and a 2-8 loss?

Man City goal odds have plummeted all week so if that is training-ground inspired it may well be the silly one.

We should see from the team selection.  If Ozil does start it goes against all previous evidence we have gathered from previous big away games.

We played well against them in the FA semi last season (much as we did against Chelsea in the Final), so it can be done at a neutral venue if the application is 100% from the start.  City are playing much better though, so I think even the most dogged of resistance will be overcome eventually.

If City do run away with this, they will suffer the "we-beat-Arsenal-we're-really-good" curse of complacency and will stutter in the following games.  Now that Mourinho is getting the [ht 0-0; ft 1-0] strategy up and running, sadly I think ManU will be a backable price in the coming days
Report sugarfoot November 5, 2017 10:20 AM GMT
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: "We have an opportunity to show that we can deal with these kind of games and I am sure we can.

"At the moment, we just have to prepare in a serious way with clarity and focus and give the maximum on Sunday.

"We will not hide. The best way to defend sometimes is to attack."

You need the to win the bal first though
Report jon b November 5, 2017 10:27 AM GMT
So todays the day, a real test after a run of games we should always be doing well in given our status, we pretty much know the full line up don,t we? or will he change something up, cant see it, none of the starters Thurs imo will start today so back to last weeks 11.
Iwobi, Giroud, and JW will be the main supporting cast imo but will we be in the game still midway thru 2nd Half, its gonna be backs to the wall stuff from the get go and probably painful viewing if you,re a red. Football though can turn out some funny old results and I'm hoping I'm completely wrong and we play a blinder, defend well and counter quickly and take the chances we get, but we,ve been shocking away tbh and why would it all change today?. City are scoring for fun averaging over 3 a game I think, why will that train slow down against our defence?, our 2 centre mid players not the most prolific tacklers are they, they,l be rooted in position for long periods but still prob get the run around by a very slick attack, to be in the game imo we will need some major slices of good fortune and somehow need to score 2 to be in wit a chance of anything from this game.
So a prediction to make a buck is btts and City win and a few quid on 5-1 (28s) 5-2 (40s bet365)  any other home win is 3-1.  don't mind losing a few quid if we somehow get a freaky result, have a good day guys
Report dambuster November 5, 2017 1:38 PM GMT
its one of those games where , if we won 2-1 i wouldn't be surprised, and if we lost 7-2 i wouldnt be surprised, i think 8.2 is too big for us, so i've backed us at the price, but at least if we get thrashed , then the useless dinosaur will be running out of excuses. sit back and enjoy the fun and comedy aspect of it all..
Report enpassant November 5, 2017 1:53 PM GMT
Best striker we have had in some time on the bench.
Report enpassant November 5, 2017 1:56 PM GMT
Is this a 442 or is he going to do some eccentric position changes ? Something like HB at LB and FC at right back. I would rather a 442 with the side he has picked and pack the central midfield area.
Report lurka November 5, 2017 2:32 PM GMT
Good to see us pressing them early on, will get tired 2nd half tho i'd say
Report enpassant November 5, 2017 3:23 PM GMT
Dived the wrong way yet again. The worst pen keeper I have ever seen.
Report ghostlygunner November 5, 2017 4:16 PM GMT
12 points behind in early november

so where on earth is the justification for him staying on , no prem league and not even in c/l

time to go part 365

yet they say conte is under pressure if chelsea lose today

a team that is above us and won the league last season as opposed to 15 years ago

you really cant make this **** up
Report Wesdag November 5, 2017 9:32 PM GMT
You've got to laugh at the old fraud playing the we woz robbed card for the umpteenth time.

Are people still buying his shyte?

Everyone & everthing else is to blame except the 1 thing that stays constant.
Report ghostlygunner November 5, 2017 10:26 PM GMT
he conveniently forgets all the fortunate decisions we had last season including one against man city in the semi

he makes me embarrassed to be an arsenal fan now
Report dyno-layer November 6, 2017 9:43 AM GMT
Clearly we were second best BUT i felt we hung in there for a large period of the match and this was with an INCOMPETENT MANAGER who yet again dealt us a losing hand with his bloody minded team selection.

I have almost lost the will to live with this goon.

I HATE to have repeat myself again but there were certain players within that starting 11 who cannot mix it at the very top premiership level at all.

It has been evident for years now yet we still go same old same old.

I find it depressing. How can someone get away with making the same tactically inept mistakes repeatedly and still be in a job ??????????

It is not only depressing .. IT IS EMBARRASING.

I actually think most of our players gave there all but it wasnt good enough regardless of the poor official decisions which somewhat mask the defeat.
Report ghostlygunner November 6, 2017 9:48 AM GMT
has he gone yet?

and what about bilic? :-)

seriously the mistakes koeman and bilic have made,  wenger has made them x 10 and with infinitely more resources

what a state to be in that we continue to put up with it

still if spurs beat us im sure the flipfloppers will join in with the protests until we then beat huddersfield and all will be well again
Report lurka November 6, 2017 12:06 PM GMT
I didn't see much of the second half but I thought we pressed them high up the pitch very well in the early stages until they scored. Then completely reverted to the usual no tactics, stopped pressing them completely once a goal down. It was working pretty well at the start, they were finding it difficult to pass out from the back. Sanchez and Ozil were playing well and then once we went a goal down they were dire.

Why did it just stop like that? We just sat off them and invited them onto us. We should be making it difficult for any team to play against us.
Report enpassant November 6, 2017 1:49 PM GMT
Ridiculous team selection, worse still how he set up those he chose to play, too many had poor games (not surprising given the first two points)and we might well have nicked a draw had we any luck with the officials : ref pulled us back for a 'non foul' when Alexis was running at one retreating defender in the 2nd half, the pen was soft and no arguing about the offside goal when we were causing them real problems.
I am not sure the hype around City is anywhere near justified. We are kack and sit just 4 points off 2nd to a very average MU, the much lauded spuds and the champions are just 3 poimnts ahead ! Imo the league is very poor on quality yet again. Given Real Madrid's form and Bayern appear to not be the force of a few seasons ago it may be the the CL is down on quality. I would suggest PSG and maybe Barca are more likely winners than City. Time will tell but if we can run them close(ish) with a manager that is subject to extreme fits of fancy and tactically inept, with players : that play for us against the team they intend to join : that are horribly out of position : that passed the ball to the opposisition more than their own team- If we can get as close as we did to them with this edited version of our deficienies, far far better teams will punish them far more severely for their defensive shortcoming.
Report Blackrock November 7, 2017 12:52 PM GMT
Monreal - useless get rid
Xhaka   - useless get rid

Lacazette expensive summer signing warming the bench. Why???
Iwobi   - passenger, sub at best
Koscielny - our best player simple as that

Would give Wilshere a run in the team. Nothing to lose by doing so.

Didn't expect a result at City but some of our play was amateurish. Simple passes/control seem to be ok against the lesser teams but they fall apart when up against the big boys. Seems a mental problem to me.
Report JUDGE JUDY November 7, 2017 1:42 PM GMT
Just got back from Italy

Went to the Genoa v sampdoria Derby on Saturday night

Fantastic English style stadium although the facilities are shocking

fantastic atmosphere

Puts matches in England to shame

They have passion we don’t
Report Wesdag November 7, 2017 2:37 PM GMT
Still the working man's game in Europe and the admission prices reflect that.
Report JUDGE JUDY November 7, 2017 2:39 PM GMT
Yes I got a free ticket lol

But the atmosphere is different class

The football is now so sterilised

All they want a Japanese tourists with half and half scarves
Report JUDGE JUDY November 8, 2017 3:11 PM GMT
Anyone alive ?
Report JUDGE JUDY November 8, 2017 4:51 PM GMT
Obviously not lol
Report jon b November 8, 2017 7:44 PM GMT
The Mrs fell down the stairs today but she still alive Whoops, bruises everywhere but a whopper on the bum, she in agony Whoops
Report JUDGE JUDY November 9, 2017 2:49 PM GMT
Is she ok ?
Report jon b November 9, 2017 8:01 PM GMT
She,s a real soldier JJ, hard as nails, very sore tbf the bruising pretty bad, broken toe and an elbow and wrist pains but the bum is a proper purple and black bruising.
Report Blackrock November 10, 2017 10:49 AM GMT
Hope the missus recovers quickly Jon.

Did the same myself Sunday evening. Was paralytic though. Made the fall a bit easier although knee very sore. At this rate your wife and myself should be fit for the Spurs game if selected.
Report JUDGE JUDY November 10, 2017 2:40 PM GMT
Wish you all better
Report JUDGE JUDY November 10, 2017 2:40 PM GMT
First  time in a long time but I am not looking forward to the Derby
Report ghostlygunner November 10, 2017 3:25 PM GMT
Judge you spelled the next ten years wrong in my humble opinion
Report jon b November 10, 2017 7:01 PM GMT
Why so interested in the Derby JJ, are we Favorites ?
Report sugarfoot November 12, 2017 8:46 AM GMT
We should all be excited because it's our Cup Final now

The ****g shame of it
Report JUDGE JUDY November 12, 2017 11:30 AM GMT
Think we are favourites
Report JUDGE JUDY November 12, 2017 12:02 PM GMT
At the end of the day they have been no great shakes this season
Report jon b November 12, 2017 12:40 PM GMT
done well v Madrid twice and played better than us hence why even a win wont put us above them, also that Wembley issue wont have helped them with home form in the league, we,ve had an easy run of games up to City and still managed some losses to average teams as per usual along the way, any decent side like Spurs are and we keep coming up short and the usual and the excuses come out again and again.
None of us can ever predict the starting 11 correctly, Wenger tries the mind games which mainly fail in a big way, so  we,l have to wait and see what he goes with against Spurs, it could be over before it starts next week with one of his unusual starting 11s again  like against City
Report JUDGE JUDY November 12, 2017 3:39 PM GMT
How is the wife ?
Report jon b November 12, 2017 5:54 PM GMT
She still in pain JJ, her bum gone a few different shades of purple etc so you can imagine its difficult sitting and sleeping etc , hobbling about with the toe too, rough time for her tbf
Report JUDGE JUDY November 12, 2017 8:17 PM GMT
Sounds awful
Report JUDGE JUDY November 14, 2017 11:38 AM GMT
The World Cup needs NB52

Good luck  Denmark
Report JUDGE JUDY November 14, 2017 2:59 PM GMT
Only me here lol

It’s derby week !!!!!!
Report jon b November 14, 2017 3:29 PM GMT
Another low scoring encounter prob coming up tonight, cagey old stuff these play offs have been in general
Report JUDGE JUDY November 14, 2017 5:04 PM GMT
Agree

Come NB52
Report JUDGE JUDY November 14, 2017 5:09 PM GMT
Actually I think over 1.5 goals is the call here

At 1.85

If one team scores the other team have to come out to attack therefore also leaving them open to a counter-attack
Report JUDGE JUDY November 14, 2017 5:09 PM GMT
Actually I think over 1.5 goals is the call here

At 1.85

If one team scores the other team have to come out to attack therefore also leaving them open to a counter-attack
Report jon b November 14, 2017 5:15 PM GMT
been making some money doing the unders so far  so gonna stick with it, gl
Report JUDGE JUDY November 14, 2017 5:28 PM GMT
As I said to someone earlier

Looking forward to this World Cup if last 6 qualifies played are anything to go by

Final 6 World Cup Qualification Matches
Report JUDGE JUDY November 14, 2017 5:29 PM GMT
As I said to someone earlier

Looking forward to this World Cup if last 6 qualifies played are anything to go by

Final 6 World Cup Qualification Matches
Report JUDGE JUDY November 14, 2017 5:30 PM GMT
Honduras 0-0 Australia
New Zealand 0-0 Peru
Denmark 0-0 Ireland
Switzerland 0-0 N Ireland
Greece 0-0 Croatia
Italy 0-0 Sweden
Report JUDGE JUDY November 14, 2017 5:30 PM GMT
Time for goals lol
Report lybertyne November 14, 2017 8:31 PM GMT
LaVhs for France v Germany.
Report jon b November 15, 2017 8:39 AM GMT
Any injuries to any of our superstars reported before the biggest game of the season so far ???
Report JUDGE JUDY November 15, 2017 3:44 PM GMT
Not sure don’t think so

Only your wife
Report hippie November 15, 2017 5:13 PM GMT
A bit of music to get you lads in the mood for the weekend:

https://youtu.be/kyFyAqLtHq8

Laugh
Report JUDGE JUDY November 15, 2017 6:01 PM GMT
We are ready !!!!!!!

And jollies
Report JUDGE JUDY November 15, 2017 6:01 PM GMT
Nothing to fear
Report JUDGE JUDY November 16, 2017 12:56 PM GMT
It’s derby week !!!!!!

Anyone interested ???
Report TheBaron November 16, 2017 4:41 PM GMT
I see that Wenger has won his bet with Mugabe about who would stay in power longer.
Report Wesdag November 16, 2017 6:14 PM GMT
Plain
Report jon b November 17, 2017 9:23 AM GMT
Il bet hippie listened to the whole 8 mins plus of that shyte
Report JUDGE JUDY November 17, 2017 10:36 AM GMT
We won’t lose !!!!!!!!!!!!
Report JUDGE JUDY November 17, 2017 10:36 AM GMT
We won’t lose !!!!!!!!!!!!
Report lybertyne November 17, 2017 1:11 PM GMT
3-1 spuds
Report JUDGE JUDY November 17, 2017 3:27 PM GMT
From 2019/20 season 190 out of 380 games will be televised live

Absolute madness
Report JUDGE JUDY November 17, 2017 4:34 PM GMT
I would be shocked if we lost
Report JUDGE JUDY November 17, 2017 4:34 PM GMT
I would be shocked if we lost
Report stonecold- November 18, 2017 9:58 AM GMT
about time sanchez had a good game if he starts.have to win .having a small bet on sanchez to score outside area 50/1
Report JUDGE JUDY November 18, 2017 10:42 AM GMT
Let’s hope  everyone plays well
Report jon b November 18, 2017 11:30 AM GMT
Lets see the starting line up first, whats he got up his sleeve today, where will he baffle a few of us if anywhere ?
Report JUDGE JUDY November 18, 2017 11:42 AM GMT
Coq, Koscielny, Mustafi, Monreal, Bellerin, Xhaka, Ramsey, Kolasinac, Ozil, Alexis, Lacazette
Report JUDGE JUDY November 18, 2017 12:21 PM GMT
What Is this the Tottenham Hotspur show?

Ffs sky
Report jon b November 18, 2017 1:14 PM GMT
going well so far, could be a drubbing Hippie
Report JUDGE JUDY November 18, 2017 1:33 PM GMT
Brilliant
Report JUDGE JUDY November 18, 2017 2:24 PM GMT
What a performance
Report jon b November 18, 2017 2:26 PM GMT
A bit of music to get you lads in the mood for the weekend:

https://youtu.be/kyFyAqLtHq8

These little digs always come back to bite ya in the bum.
Spuds put firmly back in their hole today
Report hippie November 18, 2017 2:41 PM GMT
Fair play, you won. Look back at the thread before the game, the funeral march seemed to sum up the confidence. You didn't expect to win, we did. You raised your game for your cup final, as we expected you would, then celebrated like it was a giant-killing. A reflection on where both clubs are right now.

Obviously, I have to bring up the fact Dean created a foul where there was none which led to the free kick which led to the goal which was offside. If those events happened in a banana republic we'd be saying the ref was bent.

You won the battle. The day is yours. Keep up the home form and you could be looking to slip into that 4th place although, more ominously, that victory will probably be spun into Whinger has now done did enough for a contract extension.
Report pixie November 18, 2017 2:45 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaughThe envy and bitterness is palpable. Love it. Not just the win but the manner of the win and the awfulness of Spurs.
Report JUDGE JUDY November 18, 2017 2:57 PM GMT
Our cup final ??

Pmsl
Report JUDGE JUDY November 18, 2017 2:59 PM GMT
Tottenham Hotspur have won TWO titles in their  120 odd year existence

Hardly something to crow about

Pathetic !!!
Report pixie November 18, 2017 3:05 PM GMT
Hilarious isn't it JJ! We actually attend (and win) real cup finals unlike Spuds, the last two FA Cup finals spring to mind. I thought Harry Kane Hotspurs were terrible today and were comfortably outclassed by a better team, regardless of their inevitable whingeing about the ref.
Report ghostlygunner November 18, 2017 3:31 PM GMT
great win but we shouldnt just exist to be better than spurs, so im afraid wenger out , still
Report JUDGE JUDY November 18, 2017 4:35 PM GMT
Correct pixie
Report dambuster November 18, 2017 9:41 PM GMT
Its sooo exciting to think what another manager could do with the players we've got.
so i agree , Wenger out
Report lurka November 18, 2017 10:39 PM GMT
great pressing today,makes all the difference. And great to see Ozil impose himself in a big game.
Report lybertyne November 18, 2017 11:13 PM GMT
Counts for fûck all when we lose to Burnley next week.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now