Forums

Developers

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
OliasOfSunhillow
01 Dec 17 11:42
| Topic/replies: 2,445 | Blogger: OliasOfSunhillow's blog
It seems to be permantley down

http://forum.bdp.betfair.com/
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Whats happen to the developers forum
Show More
Report psychenova75 December 5, 2017 6:52 PM GMT
Very good question! Also, it seems that all links to the forum has been removed from the BFP site.

This forum was a great source of information both from Betfair and the community. Please, give it back!
Report Mr Magoo December 13, 2017 9:57 PM GMT
I don't think Betfair care, and I doubt they read this forum :(
It's not just the fact that they took away the site, but that they didn't even give any notice about the change. When I try to visit my developer forum bookmark, all I get is a big 'Your connection is not secure' warning. So Betfair can't even shut down a site correctly!
Report gus January 4, 2018 12:46 PM GMT
Same here ... I'd been meaning to mail the BDP to ask what's up, but kept putting it off ... I've mailed them just now and I'll post any response here.

Hope Neil is ok ... he's one of the good guys.
Report gus January 4, 2018 1:03 PM GMT
Hmmm ... that went well ... got an automated response saying bdp@betfair.com is no longer in use and telling me to submit a Ticket ... so I've done what I was told ... to be continued ...
Report gus January 4, 2018 7:19 PM GMT
Well, my reward for following instructions is:

"Unfortunately, due to a technical issue, the old developer forum is no longer available.

We do intend to resurrect this in the coming months and in the meantime we are directing customers to the relevant section of the Betfair community forum.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused."

dunno what's meant by the 'old developer forum' ... i'm quite old, but not sure whether that refers to the very old developer forum, which they used to show on the recently disappeared current developer forum, or the the current forum, or just some forum intended for oldies. Possibly dementia is setting in Sad
Report misterbee January 26, 2018 1:01 AM GMT
Yep and they have knobbled the old data site/section too, killed the CSV files on offer and replaced them with JSON only.

Again, they said it was a glitch and it would be back up and run and then said it was not going to be back up and running and the emails I had would indicate they knew they had no intention of putting it back up right at the outset, which leads me to believe, the technical issues, were a lot less problematic than they make out, and in fact, were more than likely just a ruse to hide the change over.

I agree with the fact that it would appear they have neither interest nor care in their customers for the most part.
Report morrillo February 4, 2018 5:24 PM GMT
I was told its coming back in  march when I made a ticket. Let's see if it does
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now