Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DartsnBooze
21 Dec 17 18:05
| Topic/replies: 15,268 | Blogger: DartsnBooze's blog
Day 7 = +2.45pts
Running profit/loss = +3.4pts

Day 8 - Final session of the 1st round:

Thursday December 21 (7pm)
3/10 Cristo Reyes v 3/1 Toni Alcinas
1/3 Kim Huybrechts v 11/4 James Richardson
1/4 Darren Webster v 18/5 Devon Petersen
1/14 Peter Wright v 14/1 Diogo Portela

For me this is the most intriguing session. No prelim, just 4 straight knockout matches. Backing the 4 favs is plenty short at 5/4. Not for me as the first 3 matches look much closer than the odds suggest.

3/10 Cristo Reyes v 3/1 Toni (formerly Antonio) Alcinas
An all Spanish clash to open proceedings. Cristo's joined the habit makers in the losing department while Antonio's coming back from the abyss. Won't be any love lost on the oche from these fellow countrymen. (I wonder if the former King Carlos will tune in?) No bet.

Kim Huybrechts v James Richardson
2nd match sees an out of sorts Kim, and a hungry Vindaloo. This is the match i've looked forward to the most since the draw was made. We were going tonight but work commitments and life got in the way. Looking for a big performance from Kim, while brickie James just gets stuck in with a no nonsense approach. Aidie & Wade could learn a thing or two about playing with this kind of attitude. Then again, being millionaires do they really give a ****? - Lazy bastards! I fancy Kim & James to smash in 180s and make this my banker coin flip of the 1st round. Over 8.5 180s is available at 11/10. I'm playing it sensible with an option of 180 less required.

1/4 Darren Webster v 18/5 Devon Petersen
I had Devon pencilled in for hitting very few 180s. Unfortunately, the bookies agree. The spread being U/O 2.5. Darren is a funny player. Can produce great darts against the elite but throw in average stuff against the lower ranked. Even I took legs off of him (my final match before retirement). Can't believe I shamelessly squeezed that in. Blush Grin A match to look forward to but as a betting prospect - No bet.

1/14 Peter Wright v 14/1 Diogo Portela
The question on everyone's lips is the health of Peter Wright. Gallstones is what's been reported for him being hospitalised. If former forumite "Naval Gazer" was here (are you lurking?) he'd offer up a rather interesting version from his warped mind. Wright opened 1/33, now 1/14. Plenty short for a lack of recent practice. Diogo might have people thinking they've seen him before. He played in a crazy game show contest on sky tv where players chased scores around the board, such as popping ballons with darts (thrown) if my memory is correct. The top pros were also in it and in one particular episide MVG took 20 or so darts to hit Double twenty as he rushed back n forth as the clock counted down. Diogo was clearly the star amateur player of all who took part so it's nice to see him making his bow at ally pally as the first Brazilian to reach the pdc worlds. He has a smile Freddie [Mercury] would be proud of. One of the best ever showmen who owned the crowd! 3-0 wright is 4/6. Diogo winning a set might be the way to go @ 11/4. Betting on the uncertainty of a hot fav under performing is not for me. No bet.

Was always only going to be the one selection going into tonight's session. Plus a guaranteed points profit for the 1st round of the worlds has been achieved. A tough ask keeping disciplined but on this occasion it's come good.

Selection - Kim Huybrechts v James Richardson - Over 7.5 180s @ 3/4 sporting 2pts
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View *** World Darts Championship - Day 8...
Show More
Report asparagus December 21, 2017 7:30 PM GMT
thanks for the write up Dartsnbooze. A webster/huybrechts/wright treble for me despite the number of seeds that have been toppled so far.
Report trento December 21, 2017 7:34 PM GMT
DartsnBooze you seem to know what your talking about whats your opinion on justin pipe did he cough or cheat and does he have any history of this hard to believe he would think he would get away with it mmmmm
Report wondersobright December 21, 2017 8:51 PM GMT
as fake a cough as you will ever see

if you've got a cough, fine, you cough at back of stage or try to hold it until your opponent has thrown all 3

meanwhile in other news, fav backers on stretchers this year
Report wondersobright December 21, 2017 9:45 PM GMT
webster 2-0 to 2-2 and throwing garbage
Report EUGENE KRABS December 21, 2017 10:03 PM GMT
Lost 2 stone ?? Did he find it again on the way here !!
Report wondersobright December 21, 2017 10:06 PM GMT
wright has started diabolically
Report wondersobright December 21, 2017 10:12 PM GMT
picking up now
Report wondersobright December 21, 2017 10:30 PM GMT
wow
Report EUGENE KRABS December 21, 2017 10:32 PM GMT
whatever happens from here I think we will be seeing more of this kid looks a good player
Report EUGENE KRABS December 21, 2017 10:58 PM GMT
Excellent from Diogo and I think his other half goes straight in at number one in the WAG charts !!! Cool
Report DartsnBooze December 22, 2017 12:35 AM GMT
trento,

Pipe believed he should've been in the premier league a few years ago.
Dolan said of himself that he was good enough to reach number 4 in the world.
During a darts exhibition the Pieman said he was a good bet @ 500/1 for the worlds.

I don't know which is the most ludicrous of the 3, though alcohol was involved in at least one of those statements.

Human nature makes us do and say inexplicable things at times.
In this instance I agree with Mardle - A DRA fine is the minimum.
I'd include a suspension. Book him Danno.

Mardle also said Wright lost 30lbs. That's 2 stones & 2lbs.
I'm more interested in the diet regime of mrs snakebite.
Didn't see her in the crowd tonight and wondered if
she'd lost the same weight too or ate Peter's share?

And what of Kim Huybrechts? He played like a drain and got owned by a most dogged
opponent. A most deserving win by James Richardson even if sky played down his chances.

Roll on the 2nd round, and not the round of 2 ffs.

Can I get?..No you can't..It's have, please may I have. I've only had a couple tonight.
The draw update with quarters bracket has been updated and will follow. Along with a daily schedule of play including already lined up extended stats.

Not forgetting a nod to "Lucky Sod" for taking the time and effort to post 1st round stats.

To quote Noddy - "It's christmas." How about a song?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now