Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bainnyboy
13 Dec 17 13:52
| Topic/replies: 313 | Blogger: bainnyboy's blog
Remember the good old days on the forum.  The tips, the World Championship competition??
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Th good old days on the BF Forum
Show More
Report STUDYFORM December 13, 2017 8:49 PM GMT
couldn't agree more.

It's because of the forum, the way it's run, some of the people who now populate it and the lack of newcomers that I'm not going to run any competitions.
I had intended to host a Darts comp. There's no point.

A shame really. The Betfair forum was, for years, my reason for using the internet.
They ruined it themselves.
Report DartsnBooze December 13, 2017 9:50 PM GMT
bb, there's always the tips, mixed with a bit of insider info. Though I tend to avoid getting involved in anything other than small stakes with the first round matches i'll still post up selections along with a points staking plan. Some of the bookies specials are of real interest and greatly enthuse me.

SF, while there's no one left i'm sure the old guard will make an appearance. Providing they're not put off. Then maybe, just maybe, something magical will happen with the forum this time round for the worlds?

I too was gonna do a comp, but with zero interest I pulled the plug...after all, I plagiarized your splendid comp a few years ago and added a twist. Though in fairness I did give you the credit.

How about posting one up on cc? I'm sure you'd have got respectable numbers! A bit late in the day I know. Still, we always have your Romanian pool to remind us of better times. Wait up! Upon checking before posting I see it's in fact one of PM's ideas. And i'm leaving that bit in. Grin

Clock countdown to the greatest show on earth: 21hrs 10 minutes
Report Nilsson Schmilsson December 13, 2017 10:54 PM GMT
if you hold your throw, you never know
Report Cosmo Kramer December 13, 2017 11:37 PM GMT
Hibee and his match previews will never be forgotten.
The night KJP walked through ten foot of snow just to get onto that fabled oche and then kicked off because his picture wasn’t hanging up.
The dalek in the commentary box.
Muttley walking home and bothering the traffic police after another devastating defeat.
‘Bingo’ ‘Crackpot’ and draft-gate.
Lori and his great drawings.
Me and Alun discussing French cinema in the middle of a nail biting semi final.
Report n88uk December 14, 2017 1:37 PM GMT

Dec 13, 2017 -- 8:49PM, STUDYFORM wrote:

couldn't agree more.It's because of the forum, the way it's run, some of the people who now populate it and the lack of newcomers that I'm not going to run any competitions.I had intended to host a Darts comp. There's no point.A shame really. The Betfair forum was, for years, my reason for using the internet.They ruined it themselves.

Cry At no more competitions.

Its been ruined by a lack of newcomers the most. I don't know why Betfair allow it to go down slowly like this as a thriving forum in theory is good for them as it encourages betting activity if people are posting about things to bet on.

Nowadays it's rare to even see a poster you've never seen before or don't even know, though maybe something like the worlds will bring that out.

Report alun2005 December 14, 2017 3:15 PM GMT
Cosmo - talking of which are you watching 'Witnesses' (BBC4) with the great Audrey Fleurot playing a loony amnesiac?   

'Spiral' will also be with us shortly, so another chance to see the Great Woman and Laure B in action.
Report alun2005 December 14, 2017 3:25 PM GMT
One of the biggest Forum SEETHES I can ever remember was that year when 18 times World Champion Hobo Ovens started at around 1/4 against a German player that no-one had ever heard of, in a late night Round One encounter.

A lot of people were chasing after a day of betting carnage, and The King of Scaffolding was backed heavily at those cramped odds. Suddenly it was announced he had been suffering with a back injury, and when he retired hurt after one set, the forum meltdown went on for at least a week.
Report Cosmo Kramer December 14, 2017 5:25 PM GMT
Seasons greetings Alun. I am watching ‘Witnesses’ and also looking forward to the return of Spiral.

The lovely Barbara Schulz was in the programme which started on Channel 4 last night, ‘Vanished by the lake’ I think.

The seethes on here over the years have been legendary.

Hopefully a few of the old faces make it back on here
Report charwell. December 14, 2017 5:28 PM GMT
Yeah used to love this forum at this time of year.

Sadly a couple of posters just hogged the thread and posted inane drivel mixed in with abuse. Completely killed it.
Report DartsnBooze December 14, 2017 6:28 PM GMT
Alun, the seething over Ovens hot footing it with the money ruined people.
Some never returned to the forum such was the scar it left.
Anyhow's it's great both you and Cosmo are present on the forum and more so that you both mentioned mutley as he once again brings his snarling to the oche. Woe betide mensur if he starts his delaying to throw tactics. Could bring out a spicy seethe fest.
Report DartsnBooze December 14, 2017 6:31 PM GMT
Hey Charwell, let's hope that chapter's binned to the past...furthermore. HH makes a return!
Report alun2005 December 14, 2017 7:10 PM GMT
The last great proper meltdown I can remember on here was the night of these still barely believable events.

Even the most hard-bitten of us, men who liberated the Falklands, men who cleaned the urine and excrement off the streets after the Notting Hill Stab Festival, even the men who once thought Colin Osborne was a future World Champion, are still deeply traumatised about what they saw.

For those of you with a sensitive disposition, can I forewarn you with these words :  "BEST OF THE BEST".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK_zYWSVEHU
Report wisewords December 14, 2017 7:15 PM GMT
Bunting & RVB incident, has to be^
Report STEPTOES YARD December 23, 2017 10:47 AM GMT
Miss it too, used to be great laugh on here. Do think less characters in game now and as its got more professional and serious some of fun gone out of it. Why generally dont mind the LAKESIDE as old school.

Will pop back on once it starts.

All the best to the old crowd on here.
Report alun2005 December 23, 2017 9:56 PM GMT
One of the greatest ever seethes I can ever remember on here came after a Blackpool afternoon match, ten years or more ago.

The winner, who I won't name, won narrowly in a titanic battle, but carried on his celebrations a little too lengthily and loudly for some sensitive souls on here. One such visionary immediately christened that victorious player "The Scourge of Society", and quite honestly few were prepared to disagree.

That thread may still even be around somewhere on here, because it used to get the odd bump up in memory of that unforgettable and historic moment in our island's history.  A Churchillian declaration.
Report GRANTCKING December 24, 2017 11:23 AM GMT
dont worry guys im back ffs!
Report RAPS December 26, 2017 2:20 PM GMT
The old BF foum is on Twitter now btw for those nostalgic
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now